Seth Morris Photography Reviews

Seth Morris Photography 5
  • Jenelle

Jenelle · Married on 01/04/2019

AMAZING photographers!!

Seth and Mary are amazing to work with! They are very down to earth and fun to be around. I was SO worried about pictures because my husband definitely is NOT a picture guy, but Seth and Mary were great with him, they got the job done quickly and even caught him smiling multiple times! We got both our engagement and wedding pictures by them. The pictures turned out absolutely amazing. My mom said "these are the best wedding pictures I have ever seen" and I totally agree with her! They make picture taking FUN and I could not recommend them enough for your pictures!

Sent on 03/03/2019
    Seth Morris Photography 6
    Seth Morris Photography 7
    Seth Morris Photography 8
    Seth Morris Photography 9

Sabrina · Married on 09/02/2018

After doing many weddings for my friends, of course I had to have Seth and Mary and they did not disappoint! They are an amazing team and super fun to be with! Seth and Mary are extremely professional and organized and know what they are doing. I called Mary boss lady on my wedding day because I trusted her to run the show and she did an excellent job! They are the sweetest couple and made our wedding day that much more special. Love you guys!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Dennis · Married on 08/25/2018

Seth and Mary are not only an amazing photographer duo...they are wonderful humans. The love the have for thier work and each other helped us be comfortable in choosing them to photograph our special moments. Seth and Mary have a unique ability to capture moments in time that reflect the personality of thier clients. Our engagement session was so much fun,they made the shy feel comfortable in front of the camera. Our wedding day ran smoothly with thier help. We had pictures early in the day of getting ready to pictures of the party at the end of the night. Seth and Mary had a timeline that helped keep our day on track and were so efficient in getting good shots that we had time to just relax a bit with all the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Seth and Mary helped with organization, helped with setup, helped with bustling the brides dress...they made the day stress free and enjoyable. Seth and Mary went above and beyond expectations and we could not be any more grateful for the time and effort they put into our engagement and wedding day.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

Booking Seth Morris Photography for our wedding was the first decision we made. Seth & Mary did a wedding for a friend of mine years ago, and I knew since then I wanted them to shoot our wedding. They are absolutely a phenomenal team, as well as some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet—and you’re spending a lot of quality time with your photographers on your wedding day, so being with awesome people is a big deal! Mary is so organized and so on top of the pre-wedding communication, while also managing to be super calm and flexible; she calmed a lot of my stress about not wanting a first look, but also wanting to squeeze in every single photo that our families wanted. And then she and Seth made it all happen for us, like it was no big deal! We’ve seen a preview of our photos, and of course, they are absolutely stunning! It’s almost too good to be true that these two are amazing to work with AND take gorgeous photos. We also worked with them on our engagement shoot, which turned out absolutely beautiful, and we have no doubt our completed wedding photos will be too. So glad we got to work with Seth & Mary on this most important day—they are the best! Just hire them!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2017

Seth and Mary are fantastic!!! Very professional and soooooo much fun!! The pictures they take are breathtaking! Best choice we made in our wedding planning hands down!!! Love them, love the photos and can’t wait to work with them again!

Sent on 01/08/2018
    Seth Morris Photography 10

Vicki · Married on 07/21/2017

I am so happy with my decision to choose Seth and Mary as my wedding photographers. I first found them on the preferred vendor list for Starved Rock which is where we got married. I checked out their website and immediately fell in love with their photos and from the moment I first called to book with them, I was extremely impressed. Mary was so friendly and accommodating. We took our engagement photos in October and WOW!! They were AMAZING!! I am the type of person who never likes pictures of myself and there were SO MANY that I loved! We also got so many compliments from our family and friends on how great the photos were! They have far exceeded my expectations! This fantastic duo is a husband and wife team, which means they fully understand the importance of a wedding day. It was also helpful that they are familiar with Starved Rock and were able to tell us exactly what pictures we would be able to get and where, within the timeframe of the wedding. On the wedding day, it was super hot. They were sweating, we all were, and they made the most of it. Even had water and a handkerchief to help me keep cool and make sure my makeup wasn't smearing. We had a big bridal party and Mary was very on top of it with telling everyone where to be and what to do. I loved that I didn't have to think about logistics on the day of the wedding because they had it all under control. I even noticed her tell one of my bridesmaids to take off the ponytail holder she still had on her arm before we went out for pictures. That's something I didn't even notice, but would have not wanted in the pictures. They thought of every little detail! Mary was very helpful all throughout our year-long engagement with answering my questions in a timely manner. Seth and Mary have a great sense of humor and had us laughing on our wedding day! We couldn't be happier to have them as our photographers! The best part is, you get copies of all of your photos for you to download and print where

Sent on 08/03/2017

Leah · Married on 06/04/2016

Seth and Mary are so wonderful to work with! They both bring different strengths to the table, and are a great team. They took our engagement and wedding photos, and we absolutely love them. The pictures are beautiful. I can't recommend these guys enough!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Erika · Married on 03/14/2015

I literally cannot recommend Seth Morris Photography enough. From the moment I started corresponding with Mary, I knew this was going to work out, and they did not disappoint. Seth and Mary are a husband and wife team that work brilliantly together. Seth acts as the main photographer while Mary coordinates things, both from the business end and logistically at the shoots. They worked with us on creating a package that would work for what we needed, and are very reasonably priced, especially for the quality of work they do. Our wedding was on a Saturday morning/afternoon, and they had preview pictures up on Facebook about six hours after it ended! Those pictures are absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to see the rest. So many people that were at the wedding commented on how fantastic they were, and I've gotten so many compliments on the pictures already. I really can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 04/17/2015

Cindy · Married on 10/18/2014

From the moment my daughter & I met Mary we knew our search was over! We had found the vendor to capture the most important day in her life. Mary & Seth are a great husband and wife team, both fun loving and down to earth people. They were so much fun to work with. They did the engagement photos in addition to the wedding. All of their work is beautiful and so natural looking. The wedding photos are stunning and so hard to chose from. I was so impressed with Mary's ability to get through family photos in such a short time and how she was able to move people in a blink of an eye. I love the style in which they captured people dancing at the reception. They focused in on a couple or group of people but you could still see the other people around them. They did a fabulous job in capturing the day and all the beautiful special moments. You will not be disappointed if you hire them!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Molly · Married on 07/12/2014

Seth and Mary photographed our wedding last month, and we could not be happier! Throughout the entire process they were extremely professional and accommodating. I was very impressed with how personable and organized they are. Mary kept track of all the details; I didn't have to worry about a thing on my big day! Seth and Mary have a talent for putting their subjects at ease, and it shows in the photos.

I was looking for a balance of artistic and traditional photos, and Seth and Mary gave me exactly what I hoped for. They have an eye for seeing the beautiful details that are easily overlooked, and they truly captured the emotion and magic of our wedding day.

And- I received the photos less than a month after the wedding! Amazing!!! I HIGHLY recommend Seth Morris Photography!

Sent on 08/23/2014
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 03/31/2012

Seth & Mary are absolutely fantastic. They captured beautiful photos of our wedding day, and our entire wedding party had an absolute blast shooting our photos! Our families were very impressed with how quickly they got through family photos with our large extended families. Literally, I think that took about 10 minutes. They are wonderful people, and fantastic photographers. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/07/2012

Rachel · Married on 10/08/2011

We absolutely loved Seth and Mary and were so happy with our pictures. I can't stop looking at them!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Melissa · Married on 08/20/2011

Seth and Mary Morris are amazing photographers! They have such great talent are and wonderful people do work with. I definitely think the quality of work they provide is worth what they charge. I would highly recommend Seth Morris Photography!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Stephanie · Married on 07/11/2010

Seth and Mary Morris were the most wonderful people to work with!!! I am such a perfectionist and they knew how important the photography was to me. They worked within my budget and Mary met with me multiple times before the wedding to make sure they knew all of the photos we wanted.

When I saw my "preview" I was shocked! The pictures were more than I could have ever expected. I now have all of the photos and let me tell you, I cannot stop looking at them!

The photos were not only gorgeous, but Seth and Mary were so professional! They were dressed the scheme of my wedding to blend in with the guests and Mary at one point went and got me flip flops and hair spray! And, did I mention that they drove Austin and I around so we could extra pictures?

There were other photographers in town that offered more services for about the same price as Seth Morris Photography but at the end of the day, the quality of pictures for the price was very reasonable!

I will recommend Seth Morris Photography to everyone I know! They were amazing :)

Sent on 09/07/2010

Kelly · Married on 06/11/2016

Seth and Mary Morris were awesome to work with! We used them for our engagement and wedding photos. They responded very quickly to any emails or texts, and were very organized. The pictures we received were amazing and they sent us a USB flash drive to keep all the pictures as well. We were so happy with the way our pictures turned out and how helpful and friendly they were. They travel for weddings too! Ours was in Peoria :) Highly recommend Seth Morris Photography!!!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Kari · Married on 08/09/2014

My husband and I have worked with Seth & Mary before, so we couldn't dream of having anyone else at our wedding. After booking someone else and being unhappy with their services, Seth & Mary were available to us to pick up where we left off. They have no problem making sure you get the shots you want and Mary is so organized she will make sure you get everything done AND get back to your reception on time! Most of the time, you barely notice them and when you get your pictures back - bam! You wonder how you didn't see them when they took "that picture." Definitely would recommend them!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2017

I absolutely love Seth Morris Photography. Our engagement photos were beautiful- I can't wait for wedding photos. Both Seth and Mary are a wonderful, insightful couple to work with, I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Angela · Married on 07/19/2014

Seth and Mary are a great couple that capture amazing moments on film! They are the perfect blend of Mary's type A detail oriented style and Seth's quirky artsy style that you won't regret having them document your special day! They did our engagement photos back in November and just did our wedding this weekend, we can't wait to see how the photo come out but already know they will be amazing. Some of the fun scenes and poses they put us in were magical and we never felt forced or pushed into anything that wasn't our style.
    They knew how to keep things moving with the bridal party and went with the flow when half the family didn' tstick around for pictures. They were a source of calm in the charos that is wedding days and made sure to not push us into more pictures than necessary and kept us exactly on schedule. They really know their stuff, so just ask your questions and Mary and Seth will be there with their answers and an open mind to try anything you want. I threw a couple of changes at Mary on the wedding day that we hasn't discussed the week before and they were able to react on the fly and make it work.
    We were most impressed with how great they were with our little kids in the bridal party. The ring bearer and flower girl were a handful and they managed to squeeze a handful og great moments out of them before we lost their complete attention. You can tell they have little ones of their own and didn't get frazzled.

Sent on 07/24/2014

3.5
      2.5

Seth and Mary were great to work with! They were extremely flexible with our budget and needs. I feel that we got a great deal.

The pictures turned out beautiful, however I did notice that they tend to do the same poses with every couple.

Sent on 06/27/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2012

1.6
      2.0
      1.5
      1.5
      2.0
      1.0

They are really fun to work with, and I loved my engagement pictures, but I was not happy with my wedding photos. Before the wedding I asked for a meeting to discuss the pictures that would be taken and the images that would be important to me. The meeting was rejected and I guess that should have been a red flag. Also, there was a comment posted on social media claiming that my husband and I were a "laid-back couple" Yes. I am laid-back, but I also expect to receive the same services as everyone else since I paid what everyone else did. This is what our money got us.
    Blurry images of my getting ready and the white balance was off casting a yellow glow over the images. I asked for them to be fixed, but since the RAW images were not kept they could only fix the JPEGs which left much to be desired.
    The sleeve of my dress was crumpled during the getting ready photos and Mary failed to stop shooting long enough to fix it, not to mention most of them were taken in front of a bathroom where you can clearly see the toilet. My fathers jacket is open in the formal pictures of him and I. (Just some things that were out of place which I felt that the photographer was supposed to catch and keep an eye out for. I shouldn't have had to worry about those things on that day) There is not a picture of my mother walking down the aisle with my grandfather, just one of them walking up to where the chairs were set up.
    At the reception they missed over half of our wedding party during the grand entrance and our grand entrance picture is blurry. The ONLY picture of our cake topper is blurry as is the picture of our friend who caught the garter. Although did get some of our money back we cannot have these pictures re-done. Our posed pictures and wedding party pictures were beautiful, so we have that.

Sent on 06/27/2013

Seth Morris Photography's reply:

So I have just found how to respond to this review....years later. Oops. :) A couple of thoughts without rehashing everything. First, I always say, "There are three sides to every story: yours, mine, and the truth.' So some of this is perspective. Some of it isn't and while I did offer to get a cake and retake the topper picture, we have changed some procedures and some wording in our contract to avoid this happening again. (And Seth is probably sick of me asking him if he got a shot of the cake for every wedding the last 5 years) We are better photographers now than in 2012 and have better equipment. If this review worries you, please let me send you RECENT work galleries of FULL weddings so you can see our work. We are photojournalists and we capture the day as it happens without much interference but we do try to capture everything that we can. I hate having upset clients (and I think this is only one) but it does bother me and I have tried to remedy as much as possible, even on the issues with which I do not agree. We are laid back and we have a specific style. I would encourage potential clients to look thoroughly through any vendors portfolio and make sure you like their style and not expect them to stick a different style you may prefer. Again, this wedding was years ago and we have gotten better and I would appreciate being able to show you a full wedding to put your mind at ease. Thanks! -Mary