Serious Cake Reviews

77 | West Linn, OR

77 Reviews for Serious Cake

Melanie · Married on 11/20/2010

Seri was amazing to work with! Our cakes were not only beautiful and perfect to the eye, but so delicious!!! Many people told us it was the best wedding cake they had ever had! I would recommend Seri to anyone who is looking for a visually pleasing and taste bud delighting cake!

Sent on 12/07/2010

Shannon · Married on 10/30/2010

Seri was absolutely fantastic throughout. She was very responsive to my emails, and very flexible about setting up a time to taste her cakes since my fiancee and I lived in different towns. She didn't blink an eye or make me feel silly when I said I wanted to make science fiction character toppers for the cake. I've never liked fondant but hers was amazing and delicious. The cake itself was spectacularly gorgeous, and so tasty- guests at the wedding complimented it for weeks! I would highly recommend Seriouscakes to anyone!

Sent on 11/20/2010

Mychele · Married on 10/16/2010

Our cake was amazing and Seri helped us thru every step. The personal touches were very much appreciated. She created a replica of our bronco for the groom's cake and it went as far as having our license plate number on the vehicle! The flowers from the main cake will be going into our shadow box.
    If I could give her a higher score than 5, I would! :)

Sent on 11/01/2010
  • Labeeb & Ayanna

Ayanna · Married on 06/26/2010

Seri is an amazing wedding cake designer and baker. I had tried at least three other wedding cake vendors in the area, and either the cake was dry, or the frosting too sweet, or they only worked with buttercream, but wouldn't work with fondant. Then we found Serious Cake. Right away we knew she was the one we wanted to go with. I brought in pictures of three cakes that I liked different design elements from, and Seri was able to combine the three to make our ideal cake. I had so many of my guests raving about our wedding cake and how beautiful it was and how great it tasted. We originally thought we were going to have close to 75 guests, so we ordered a cake big enough to feed 80 guests, but ended up only having about 40 guests in the end. We were worried we'd have so much cake left over, but most of my guests ate a piece at the wedding and then asked to take a slice home with them they liked it so much, so that never ended up being a problem. We will definitely be using Seri for any future celebration cakes we need!

Sent on 07/07/2010
  • Irish-Bride

Jessica · Married on 05/22/2010

Seri is a GODSEND to the "wedding vendor" industry! After multiple tastings (with other vendors) we still were not satisfied. We had an appointment with Seri, (who was extremely flexible, working with our chaotic schedule). We had chosen 3 cake & filling flavors ahead of time, and when we arrived for our appointment, the smell carried us right in! We sat down and when offered the first sample, after only 1 bite, we turned to each other and said in unison... "This is the 1!" After tasting all 3, the hard part was choosing which flavors we'd like to go with. She was open to what ever WE wanted, and helped with adding those finishing details. Her cakes are made FRESH, and they taste as great as they look! Having been to others before her, and being quoted for the same size, shape, etc. We found her price was extremely reasonable! If I could offer even 1 bride a "heads-up" it would be; Save your time, and your waist-line... GO TO SERI with Seriouscake! I will call on her in the future for ANY cake that I want made!

Sent on 06/03/2010

Natalie · Married on 04/30/2010

We went to Seri with a very non-traditional wedding cake idea and she rose to the challenge! She was receptive to my design ideas & gave great expert input. The result was something so unique, that I had not even set foot into the reception before I started having guests tell me how amazing my cake looked!

There are a ton of cake artists in Portland, but the first thing that drew us to Seri was her use of only fresh cakes & ingredients. At our tasting we discovered just how important that never-frozen cake is: literally the difference between every wedding cake you've ever had and an actual dessert you enjoy eating. At our wedding the guests devoured the cake, many saying it was the best they had ever had, and a few commented, "wow, this tastes like actual cake and not gross wedding cake!"

I would recommend her to anyone who wants their cake to make an impact at the wedding, and be something the guests remember not only for looks but for taste. We are already looking forward to ordering our anniversary cake from her!

Sent on 05/04/2010

Rebecca · Married on 03/20/2010

We received so many compliments on our wedding cake! It was gorgeous and delicious! Thank you Seri for creating a very special experience for us. We would recommend you hands down!

All our best, Rebecca and Kyle

Sent on 03/31/2010

Abbie · Married on 03/20/2010

I was so happy with the cake Serious cakes made for my wedding! It tasted amazing and looked amazing! I gave her what I wanted and she helped me make it my own and I couldn't be happier.

Sent on 06/04/2010

Claudine · Married on 02/13/2010

Seri at Serious Cakes was amazing. I live in Seattle and had to do all the shopping for my wedding vendors online, and I am so happy I ended up going with Serious Cakes. I was so delighted to see my beautiful wedding cake that Seri had designed. It was more than I imagined and the flavors (red wine and champage) were sublime. Thanks Seri!

Sent on 02/22/2010

Nicole · Married on 12/06/2009

It is hard to imagine a wedding cake that tastes good... but Seri Lopez (seriouscake.com) truly achieves an amazing tasting cake that definitely stands out from the rest! We tried several other cake options, and once we had met Seri, and tasted her specialized cakes, my mom and I knew we had found the perfect wedding cake!

For our consultation, I brought her a photo of the cake I wanted, and she worked with us to make the exact cake, but with our own unique additions! She truly has an amazing gift, and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/17/2009

Alecia · Married on 11/28/2009

Seri was absolutely amazing. I let her know what I wanted and she was able to recreate it perfectly, and she added some of her own art into it. It was also the best tasting cake that I have ever had at a wedding. It tasted exactly the same as it did when I went for the cake tasting. She is truly a gem. She will also be doing another cake for me for my husbands coming home party.

Sent on 12/04/2009

Kimberly · Married on 08/15/2009

My cake turned out beautiful and soooo delicious, better than I hoped for. Seri was wonderful and even insisted to drive it out over large hills and curvy roads so it would make it safe on the 1 1/2 hour drive.

Sent on 09/24/2009

Christine · Married on 07/31/2009

Seri was personable, professional, and really listened to our vision. She took the time to share 3 delicious test cakes, and we knew after the first bite that we had found our vendor! The cake was more beautiful than I could have imagined with flowers that looked so real, most guests did not believe they were sugar! We got married on a 90+ degree day all outside and the cake did not melt! Seri was able to transport the cake up a windy gravel road and made all the necessary confirmations, etc. The cake was delicious and our guests are still talking about the yummy flavors! She was able to do all of this while working with us on a tight budget. I highly reccomend Seriouscakes for any occasion and know where I will go if I ever need another special cake-true talent! Thank you!

Sent on 09/10/2009

Keva · Married on 07/18/2009

Our wedding and groom's cakes were absolutely the best cakes we have ever tasted. My guest raved about the cakes. It was one of the highlights of the evening. My husband and I tasted a number of cakes in the Portland area only to find them to be average. Once we tried Seri's cakes, we knew we had found the quality! Her cakes are fresh, tailored to your specification, and beautifully designed. We could not have been more pleased. Most importantly, Seri is a delightful individual who listens and cares about her customers. We will be returning to her for all of our important celebrations!

Sent on 07/30/2009

Lori · Married on 03/14/2009

Serious Cakes provided a beautiful and elegant cake that was within our budget. Not only was the cake beautiful, but absolutely deliscious. Guests were gushing that it was the best cake they had ever had! It was perfection for a perfect wedding!

Sent on 03/20/2009

Adele · Married on 09/06/2008

Seri, with Serious Cakes is a gem! She works very hard to be within your budget, but also create a masterpiece that you will be excited about. When we told her that we had a lavender theme for our wedding, she introduced and experimented with a new lavender flavored cake that was delicious! Seri likes to make sure that she truly knows what it is that the bride is looking/hoping for and does an excellent job showing you examples of what your cake will look like. She made mock-ups of different ideas for the fondant decorations and brought them to meetings with us and had a fun and relaxed cake tasting.

Sent on 09/23/2008

Alexa · Married on 02/15/2007

15/5! Our cake was seriously gorgeous, and the transaction couldn't have been smoother. Well done! This one is recommended.

Sent on 03/28/2009

Lilly-Anne · Married on 08/21/2004

110% would do business again! Excellent company!

Sent on 05/11/2009

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

Seri was an absolute joy to work with! She was so thoughtful and caring in the creation of our wedding cake. She took input on the look and feel we were going for before creating the design. We also had a relatively warm day for the wedding and the cake started to sink a bit so she personally came back to fix it. It was perfect and delicious! We also got the cake bites to share and the guests raved how delicious everything was. We couldn’t be happier and can’t wait to order our top tier again for our 1 year anniversary :). The pink champagne is to die for!!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Kerry-Lynne · Married on 05/14/2010

I recommend Seriouscake.com VERY HIGHLY!
    My daughter wanted cupcakes at her wedding. She had started working with another baker but as time went by, costs just kept going up and she thought she would have to cancel her cupcake plans. I offered to research other bakers for her. Not long into my search, I ran across the website for Seriouscake.com owned by Seri Lopez. I was very please with the prices which were much more reasonable but it was the cakes and cupcakes featured on the site that amazed me...they were beautiful!
    With only a month to go before the wedding, I contacted Seri and she very quickly replied that she would be happy to add us to her busy schedule. She worked with us to keep within our budget and also to give my daughter the special cupcakes she was looking for. Seri kept in contact with us as the big day got closer, making sure that every detail was perfect. And this was all done sight unseen....we had made the change to Seriouscake.com at such a late date that we didn't have time to meet with Seri in person or even do a tasting!
    On the wedding day, Seri was right on time to deliver and set up the cupcakes. They were fantastic! The delicate flowers were expertly made in the exact colors we had chosen. Seri had added some pretty details to each cupcake that made them sparkle even more. I can tell you that the bride and the mother-of-the-bride were very happy!
    Seri made sure everything was as we wanted before she left. I am so impressed with her professional, helpful additude and her creative skills. And to top it all off, the cupcakes were absolutely delicious! We chose red velvet, dark chocolate and carrot cake and each flavor simply melted in our mouths.
    Thank you Seri!

Sent on 07/10/2011

Jullianne · Married on 08/16/2009

The cake was Beautiful, and very moist, fantastic frosting and fondant. Seri made sure that there was plenty. She really lets you tell her your dream, and budget, and fit both. She really is amazing.

Sent on 09/04/2009

Julie H. · Married on 09/11/2020

Incredibly beautiful and tasty cake!

Seri did an amazing job creating my daughter’s wedding cake! She took the time to get to know her taste and the vision my daughter had for the perfect wedding cake and then delivered just that! We chose fresh flowers, which Seri arranged at the venue, and when I saw it complete it was stunning! Tasted great too - moist and delicious (thankfully we had a few yummy leftovers:)

Sent on 09/19/2020

Seri does beautiful work. She was a pleasure to work with and had great ideas to improve our initial idea. Thank you!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Gina · Married on 06/30/2011

Seri made exquisite flowers for my cake. My cake topper didn't arrive but her sugar flowers made a difference and looked well with my fresh flower arrangements. The only concern we had was the chocolate cake which my husband was looking forward to after our cake tasting was not the same. The champagne with strawberry filling flavor she made for the 2nd tier is my choice and everybody's favorite.

Sent on 07/21/2011

Jen · Married on 07/30/2010

Seri makes the most delicious cakes!! Not only are they moist and taste fantastic, but she has SO many flavor options and she can do just about any design or creation on the outside. She is flexible, creative and willing to work with your ideas and opinions. I loved working with her and was head over heels for my wedding cake! It was beautiful!

Sent on 08/14/2010