Serious Cake Reviews

77 | West Linn, OR

77 Reviews for Serious Cake

Chelsea · Married on 05/24/2015

Seri was one of my favorite people to work with through out my wedding! She was just so kind and helpful and the cake was the one thing I didn't stress about. I was an out of state bride and she worked with my crazy schedule for phone calls. I gave her an idea of what I wanted and she combined everything I said to create the most beautiful and delicious cake! Everyone at the wedding complimented it and even a few people asked about pricing and was shocked at the value of such a beautiful delicious cake! I'd definitely recommend her for any special occasion you might have!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Megan · Married on 03/21/2015

Seri makes the best cake I have ever tasted. My husband (then fiance) and I went to the Portland Bridal Show and his mission was to find the best cake. We tried all of the different vendors and kept coming back to Seri's table. We decided then and there that she had the best cake in the room and the best we had ever tasted. She was wonderful to plan and work with throughout all of our designs. Her sugar flowers are stunning and she is truly a sugar artist. I also had her make a grooms cake and it turned out wonderful and my husband was surprised and absolutely loved it. I would recommend Seri to anyone to have her make their special cake!!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Nicole · Married on 08/09/2014

Seri was absolutely great to work with. She worked around my schedule to meet for the first time and made my husband and I feel very welcome with our tastings. She even let us take some home so our parents could try it before we made our final decision. The cake turned out exactly how I had hoped, and it couldn't have been more perfect. I would work with Seri again on any future cakes I need, and I can't wait for our one year anniversary cake!

Sent on 12/26/2014
  • At last

Kelly · Married on 07/12/2014

Seri was amazing to work with. She did a small cake and lots of cupcakes in different flavors and designs. Everything looked and tasted amazing. I would recommend her to anyone in an instant and am so grateful to Seri for adding to our day. Also she was able to somehow keep everything from melting in the 90+ degree heat which I was really worried about.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Andrea · Married on 06/14/2014

The cupcakes and cakes that I ordered from Seriouscake were sooooo delicious!! We ordered vanilla/lemon cupcakes, chocolate/peanut butter cupcakes and a pink champagne cake with strawberry filling for our wedding. My husband and I got so many compliments from our guests about how moist and sweet the cake and frosting were. Seri was a pleasure to work with and was extremely helpful, I would definitely place an order with Seriouscake again.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Carmen · Married on 05/20/2014

Seri was a dream to work with. We got married on Kauai and had our reception when we returned home. I had made my bouquet and wanted the theme to carry over into the cake. Seri's artistry was amazing. Several people commented that it was a shame to eat the cake because it was so gorgeous! Once we did eat it the quality of her baking was evident. The cake was moist and the flavors were delicious. We will be using Seri for future events without a doubt!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Mey · Married on 10/12/2013

We are so happy we chose Seri to do our wedding cakes! She was very professional and easy to work with and had a lot of yummy cake flavors for us to choose from. I gave Seri a picture of the cake I had in mind and she nailed it. It couldn't have been more perfect! Even the grooms cake turn out exactly the way I wanted. Our cakes looked amazing and they were delicious. They were very moist! All of our guests were amazed at how beautiful the cakes looked. Thanks so much Seri!!!!!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Rosa · Married on 08/25/2013

OH my Seri! Where can I start? I changed my cake design like 10000 times and she took it all! I ended up choosing the first design that we start off with. She design a special cake for me that went so well with my vintage theme wedding and the cake turned out amazing. I wish someone would of capture my face expression when I saw my cake. It took my breath away! She also made some cupcakes as well. The cake and cupcakes were delicious. Thank you Seri for everything! You're amazing.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Cristina · Married on 07/07/2013

Her cake was absolutely perfect! The taste and texture was tremendous and everyone raved and was impressed with the Lavender flavor, surprised that they like it so well! To say Seri is a professional isn't enough to give her due credit, she truly cares about her customers and enjoys putting herself into the projects that make her unique talent a special part of weddings and memories shared.

Sent on 07/29/2009

Sara · Married on 06/29/2013

Seri was fantastic. Not only were her cakes the best we tasted by far, but she was great to work with. We wanted a fairly simple design for our cake (square tiered, butter cream, with flowers), and she was more than happy to accommodate. It was very cool to see her studio and see that she was capable of much more elaborate decoration had we wanted to go that route. One of the best (and easiest) decisions we made.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Nina · Married on 06/16/2013

Our cake situation started out a nightmare, but as soon as we found Serious Cakes, it turned into a bliss! We had the first two bakers bail out on us and since we were planning an out of state wedding, I was in a panic. We turned to the internet and stumbled upon Serious Cakes! They have the most beautiful designs and every flavor of cake, filling and frosting combination out there!

We loved Seri the moment we met her. She is very warm and welcoming and there to make you sure your cake is perfect.

We ended up picking a cake that our guests will be talking about for years...

1st Cake-Banana Cake filled with Bavarian Cream
    2nd Cake- Pound Cake filled with (REAL) Lemon Curd
    3rd Cake- Pumpkin Cake filled with Fresh Whipped Cream with folded in Hazelnuts and Hazelnut Extract

My only regret was being so busy during the reception that we couldn't eat much. Our guests gobbled it up!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Cortney · Married on 10/13/2012

Seri and her cakes were just delightful! She was very personable and went out of her way to help us design the cake we envisioned within our budget. Her pricing is reasonable and the cake tastes incredible. She delivered and set up the cake at our venue, and some of my other vendors commented on how beautiful her cake was! Our guests loved the look and the taste too. I cannot wait to purchase our first anniversary cake from her!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Monica · Married on 10/06/2012

Seri's cakes are delicious and very reasonably priced!!! She was a pleasure to work with! Our cake not only looked amazing it tasted great too!!! Thanks Seri!!!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Julia · Married on 09/15/2012

Seri has an amazing gift with cakes!!! They are not only beautiful, but taste amazing. My wedding cake and my grooms cake were a huge success. We almost went with cupcakes because of pricing and I found out that cupcakes were not only ridiculously expensive, and someone recommended Serious Cakes. I was pleasantly surprised on how many different flavors she had to offer and how beautiful her designs were. On top of that her pricing did not make me cringe. I would use Seri for any of my cake needs in the future!!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Sameera · Married on 08/17/2012

Seri is the most talented, dedicated, and an amazing woman I have ever met! She is so passionate and goes above and beyond to provide a quality service for you! We had our wedding cake made by her and it was everything we wanted! She sat with us for more than an hour to discuss the design, colors, and all of things that we wanted the cake to have! The cake tasted yummy and everyone was very impressed with the looks and taste of the cake! We also had Seri make a cake for my sister in law's baby shower! She did an amazing job on the cake and made it look like a real crib with a baby sleeping inside! Unbelievable talent!!! Now, I am having Seri make another cake for my company's Holiday party!!! If you want a cake that not only looks amazing but also tastes amazing, there is no one better than Seri to do the job!! She is someone who has great integrity and her prices are very reasonable!!! We love Seri and have her make all of our cakes for all the big occasions!!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Colby · Married on 07/28/2012

Seri was amazing to work with! She took our cake ideas and collaborated with us to create a cake that not only was amazingly designed, but delicious, too! Not only was she kind, but Seri was very accommodating and pleasant. My wife and I tasted many different cakes before we made our decision, and Seri was the best by far. Can't wait to eat more of it on our one year anniversary!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Julie · Married on 04/14/2012

Seri was so great to work with. She spent alot of time with me on how I wanted the cake to look. And the cakes...so delicious and fresh. We received lots of compliments.

I had a grooms cake made for my husband and Seri outdid herself. The fish was a big hit and we hated to cut it. What a work of art.

I would highly recommend Seriouscake to anyone looking for amazing cakes. Seri is warm and professional and an absolute pleasure to work with.

Sent on 04/24/2012

Teresa · Married on 03/31/2012

We were so Blessed and Pleased with the Amazing and wonderful job that Serious Cakes did on the Wedding cake. It not only was Amanzingly Beautiful, but was in fact the best tasting cake We have ever tasted. So very moist and scrumptious.
    The design of it was Unique and special to us as a couple. She captured not only the theme of our Wedding but also the love for Christ in the design. Thank you serious cakes for Blessing our Wedding with your God given Amazing talent!
    Mr. & Mrs. Archerd

Sent on 04/30/2012

Shannon · Married on 09/17/2011

We found Seri of Seriouscake.com at the Portland Bridal Show last year. Her cake was the best by far out of all the cakes we tried that day. We set up a cake tasting. It was at her home, in her cake studio. She did a group tasting, so there were two other couples which was nice, because we got try more flavors. It was a tough decision, because everything was so delicious! Her cakes are so dense and moist. She went over the overall design of the cake and sent an email with sketch and description a few day later. We ended up going with a 2-tiered cake and a variety of cupcakes, since we had a hard time choosing just one. :)

Besides the deliciousness of her cakes, she is quick to respond to emails, which was very important to me. She was flexible with the design of my cake, too. A couple weeks before the wedding, she called to check in with me and go over the final details (what time I wanted the cake delivered, go over the design of the cake, etc.). I asked to change the colors of the cake. She asked if I could send her some color swatches. I did. She made the changes no problem.

There are a lot of things that need to come together when planning a wedding. Knowing you can count on a vendor to follow through, is a huge relief. I was confident that Seri would do a terrific job. And she did!

I would definitely recommend Seriouscake.com.

Sent on 01/04/2012
  • Oregon Bride

Lisa A. · Married on 09/04/2011

Seri was AWESOME as was the cake she made for us. We had three tiers representing pieces of our lives. The bottom layer had 3d gophers (our high school mascot), the middle layer had a replica of his family's cabin and the top layer had three pears on top (our theme was the perfect pair, and we added one to represent my daughter). Not only did it look amazing, it tasted every bit as wonderful as it did the day we went for our cake tasting. Seri "got" what we wanted, and exceeded our expectations. We were so fortunate in our choices of vendors, just spectacular.

Sent on 09/09/2011

Robin · Married on 07/30/2011

Seri made our wedding cake and it was not only delicious it was BEAUTIFUL. We also had a grooms cake which Seri made for my husband a trumpet in a case all eatable…We still have the lid to the case in which we will keep as souvenir for as long as possible! It was AMAZING. Everyone at our wedding loved our cakes and the way they both taste. I gave Seri a picture of the exact cake I wanted and when I saw my cake it was identical if not better. We had the Banana with Banana cream, Champagne with Champagne cream and Chocolate with Coconut cream!!! It was delish!!! Seri is amazing and I recommend her to any and everyone….Seriously her cake melts in your mouth. I can’t wait to eat my top layer for our anniversary 7.30.2012 (Banana is my FAVORIET)

Sent on 08/18/2011
  • W

Brandy · Married on 07/09/2011

I liked how Seri was kind and curtious and very helpfull. She went over my ideas for my cake and also gave me some ideas for my cake as well. She went over the flowers and colors in great detail with me before she even knew I was going to go with her.

Sent on 08/03/2011
  • Colette

Colette · Married on 06/25/2011

Seri was a pleasure to work with. Her prices are fantastic. Her design flexibility and extensive range of flavors allow for lot's of creativity. The finished product arrived more beautiful than we imagined and honestly was the best cake we've ever tasted. Guest's complemented us left and right on the delectable cake. What more could you ask for? Thank you Seri!

Sent on 08/12/2011

Brenda · Married on 06/11/2011

Seri was both personal and professional. She cared about the bride's and groom's wants and needs. The wedding guests loved her cake and many tried more than one flavor. The cake's presentation was beautiful as well.

Sent on 06/21/2011

Mrs · Married on 02/26/2011

My main criteria for a tiered wedding cake was that it be all butter, moist, and tasty. Seri provided all this and more. Everyone at the reception asked how I found her (on line, then met with her.) She arrived on site to assemble a beautiful cake with handmade gumpaste anthuriums. I had tasted around town(Portland, Oregon) and found her cakes to be the best and she surpassed my expectations and surprised the guests. Many had seconds.

Sent on 02/28/2011