Serious Cake Reviews

Serious Cake 3
Serious Cake 4
Serious Cake 5

Ken Dodge · Married on 10/19/2019

Highly Recommend. Does First Class Job! Cake was Amazing amazing.

Seri is a consummate professional. You will get a professional cake that is amazing in appearance and taste. She was in constant contact with us during process. She uses high end ingredients and sources to make cake. If there was such thing as an organic cake this would be it. We had 3 tier
    Birch tree wedding cake consisting of Apple Spice Cake/Cinnamon buttercream frosting, Sour Cream cake/Marionberry buttercream frosting, and Champagne cake w/ Strawberry buttercream frosting. We had to hide the top tier or my bride and I would have had no cake to eat. Cake was devoured by guests. The buttercream frosting was so good and buttery. Just overall an excellent experience and the guests were the tell tale. They all raved about the look and taste of cake . They all asked who did it? Bonus she had to road trip to our venue West Linn to Rickreall, Oregon and travel cost I thought was very fair and she was promptly on time for setup on wedding day.

Sent on 11/29/2019

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Seri made an absolutely beautiful and incredibly delicious three tiered cake for our wedding! I am a bit picky when it comes to wedding cake - I love cake a lot but there is definitely a difference between a basic store bought cake and a really good wedding cake. Ours was really really good! I would recommend Seri again and again!

Serious Cake 6
    Sent on 09/26/2019

Erin · Married on 06/15/2019

Do yourself a favor and book Serious Cake

Not only was Seri's timely with scheduling a tasting and responding to emails. She was very friendly and accommodating with our choices and her cake was AMAZING. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I cannot even count how many people reached out to me after our wedding to tell us it was the best cake/cupcake they have ever had. We had a variety of three choices and people raved about all of them. They were PERFECT and we cannot recommend her enough! We can't wait to get our first anniversary cake and to use her services again.

Serious Cake 7
    Serious Cake 8
    Serious Cake 9
    Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Emily

Emily Wilson · Married on 03/08/2019

Beautiful custom cake to match our theme

Seri did a spectacular job making the cake fit our wedding. The flowers on the cake matched our wedding colors perfectly and she made beautiful custom wedding topper animals (a frog and an octopus), to go with our wedding theme. And the cake was delicious, as well!

Serious Cake 10
    Sent on 10/19/2019

Colleen Hendrickson · Married on 09/08/2018

Incredibly pleased.

Seri did an amazing job on our wedding cake. It was beautiful, and incredibly delicious.
    She was quick to respond when I had questions,
    I will not hesitate to recommend her to friends and family.

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Wic'asa

Wic'asa · Married on 06/18/2018

Seri does amazing work!

Our cake was perfect! From the taste all the way to the details, it was everything we were looking for!
    Everyone was raving about how amazing and beautiful our cake was and tasted. I’m so glad we chose SeriousCakes! Seri was so easy to work with and she made our dream cake come to life! 😊

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • mkalkofen

Michael · Married on 06/16/2018

Incredible service and and amazing cake!

Seri was fantastic, from the first consultation through the big day! We loved that we could go to her shop to sample cakes and work out the design, which was a great time. Seri was patient, understanding, and almost like a counselor, asking what we liked about the sample pictures we had and why. She immediately sketched stuff out and helped us settle on a final design and it was AMAZING! We had a few questions and made a few changes along the way and Seri was always understanding and great to work with. The final cake was incredible and received rave reviews from our guests - both for taste and appearance! I can't recommend Serious Cakes enough. And I can't wait to get our fresh anniversary cake - an included service so we don't have to eat stale, frozen year-old cake on our first anniversary!

Serious Cake 11
    Serious Cake 12
    Sent on 01/20/2019

Shellie · Married on 03/27/2018

Seri paid special attention to everything we wanted for the cake and provided fantastic ideas of her own as well. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and some of the most delicious cake we’ve ever tasted! All of our wedding guests talked about how amazing it both looked and tasted and were excited to take some home with them (though we definitely ate our share of leftovers as well)! Seri gave fantastic service and we’d recommend her every time! Btw the fondant was actually delicious too. ;)

Serious Cake 13
    Serious Cake 14
    Serious Cake 15
    Serious Cake 16
    Sent on 04/28/2018

Holly · Married on 10/14/2017

We cannot recommend Seri enough. She was so sweet and accommodating through our entire cake planning process. She even called to check in before the wedding and updated me to what the wedding day plan would be. The cakes looks better than we could have thought, and everyone talked about how delicious the cake was weeks after the wedding was over. There is definitely love in her buttercream. :)
    The thing that really stood out the most was how much Seri cared when we talked. It is easy to have very business related conversations with your vendors and nothing else. Seri always asked how things were going and I really felt like she asked because she wanted to hear the answer. Right before my wedding when she called to check in, I was really stressed and trying to get everything in order. Seri has said to me over the phone that she had been thinking about us that week, had the best hopes for us, and was so excited for us as well. It made a huge difference in such a stressful time. Thank you Seri for not only making the most amazing cake we have ever tasted but being so kind!

Serious Cake 17
    Sent on 12/17/2017

Stacy · Married on 08/19/2017

Seri was amazing to work with. She agreed to create our wedding cake on very short notice and it was gorgeous! She was very professional and made our special day so memorable.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Julie · Married on 08/12/2017

Seri is amazing! Her cakes are the best I have EVER tasted and she was a dream to work with. Her artistry and ability to capture exactly what we wanted for our wedding was exceptional. Her exceptional talent, kind heart and customer focused attention to detail made her the perfect choice to create a wedding cake masterpiece. Thanks so much Seri! You are truly THE BEST!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Kayla · Married on 07/09/2017

Seri was absolutely amazing. She made us the best cake I've probably ever had in my life! It was a sour cream cake with Marion berry butter cream filling. Our guests couldn't stop raving about it. She made a naked style cake and used flowers provided by our florist to decorate the cake day of. It was jaw droppingly stunning. I couldn't have asked for a better cake or baker! Not only was the cake itself wonderful but Seri was the real treat! She was so sweet and easy to talk. She really made us feel cared for!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/08/2017

We absolutely LOVED our wedding cake! Seri is professional and knows her craft well. The buttercream frosting was delicious and the cake was beauitful.

Serious Cake 18
    Serious Cake 19
    Serious Cake 20
    Sent on 12/05/2017

perla · Married on 10/24/2016

We honestly could not be happier with Seri's service. She was amazing, the cake tasted delusions and it was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Katy · Married on 09/30/2016

Seri was great to work with! She was very responsive and very knowledgeable, not to mention very talented. Our cake was AMAZING. We had several different flavors, but our favorites were the blackberry cake and the lemon cake with raspberry buttercream. We were very happy with how our cake turned out, in both appearance and taste. Definitely would recommend!!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Amber · Married on 09/10/2016

Our cake was better than we could have hoped! It was gorgeous and exactly what we wanted and the cake tasted AMAZING! All of our guests were raving about it. I would definitely recommend serious cakes for your wedding!

Sent on 11/20/2016

lindsay · Married on 09/04/2016

Siri was WONDERFUL to work with, and does amazing work! After interviewing with a few other bakers, we hired Serious Cakes for our wedding and decided on a three tier cake, as well as macaroons for ~300 guests. Siri hosted a wonderful tasting for us, was really great about suggesting the best flavors for our guests, and was so kind, warm, affordable, and communicative through the whole process. She arrived and set up our cake table beautifully with our cake topper and floral accents. I'm still getting compliments! I would absolutely recommend Serious Cakes, and will definitely use her in the future. Thanks Siri!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Alexandria · Married on 09/01/2016

Seri or Serious Cake is absolutely amazing! Her cakes are to die for and are nothing like your typical wedding cake in both taste and design! She has been such a pleasure to work with throughout this whole process. The details on the cake she made for our wedding on 9/1/16 were absolutely beautiful - She took my inspiration and ideas and brought them to life. People were raving about her cake all night long. She does not disappoint! Thank you again, Seri! Your cake was stunning and tasted delicious!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Tori · Married on 04/02/2016

Seri was amazing! She was so courteous and caring. I felt like a member of the family. Our cake and cupcakes were perfect. They were exactly as we had discussed and were even more beautiful in-person than they were on paper. I will continue to use Seri's services for all my cake needs.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Buddie · Married on 11/14/2015

I worked with Seri years ago when I was with Premier Bride Magazine and was very impressed by her talent and her personality. After all these years she is still just as amazing as ever, her work is beautiful and tastes fantastic... My wedding guests are still raving about the cake.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Anna · Married on 10/10/2015

Amazing cakes!!! Flavors and designs fabulous!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Char · Married on 10/03/2015

This is one special lady and we are so happy we went to her for our wedding cake. It was so delicious and as well as beautiful. We only wished we lived in the Portland area so we could order something from her every time we have a special event.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Seri was very friendly and easy to work with. My husband and I really wanted a "Funfetti" flavored, professionally made wedding cake for our wedding. It was very hard to find a baker to make one, much less let us try their recipe. Seri not only let us try her custom recipe, she also let us taste some of her other delicious flavors. We loved the other flavors so much we walked away choosing more than one flavor! Our wedding cake turned out just how we pictured and it tasted AMAZING. I would recommend Seri to everyone!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Chelsea · Married on 05/24/2015

Seri was one of my favorite people to work with through out my wedding! She was just so kind and helpful and the cake was the one thing I didn't stress about. I was an out of state bride and she worked with my crazy schedule for phone calls. I gave her an idea of what I wanted and she combined everything I said to create the most beautiful and delicious cake! Everyone at the wedding complimented it and even a few people asked about pricing and was shocked at the value of such a beautiful delicious cake! I'd definitely recommend her for any special occasion you might have!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Megan · Married on 03/21/2015

Seri makes the best cake I have ever tasted. My husband (then fiance) and I went to the Portland Bridal Show and his mission was to find the best cake. We tried all of the different vendors and kept coming back to Seri's table. We decided then and there that she had the best cake in the room and the best we had ever tasted. She was wonderful to plan and work with throughout all of our designs. Her sugar flowers are stunning and she is truly a sugar artist. I also had her make a grooms cake and it turned out wonderful and my husband was surprised and absolutely loved it. I would recommend Seri to anyone to have her make their special cake!!

Sent on 04/29/2015