Sequoia Restaurant Reviews

Sequoia Restaurant 6
Sequoia Restaurant 7

Elizabeth · Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect Venue!

We had the best wedding at Sequoia! From the very beginning Lila, the wedding coordinator, was so sweet and accommodating ... she made planning a breeze. We even had a last minute food change and she handled it immediately. I can’t thank her enough for all her hard work and creativity. She even helped the florist set everything up and she even added more decor! The staff at Sequoia is so professional and made sure we had an amazing time. The venue itself is absolutely stunning and our guests got to utilize the outdoor space and enjoy all the views of the waterfront. I could not have asked for a better wedding venue!

Sent on 04/15/2019

dina · Married on 12/15/2018

Wedding Ceremony at Sequoia

My wedding planning experience and party was amazing at Sequoia. We worked with Tatum and have no words for how phenomenal she was to work with. She was just so honest, flexible and delivered everything she promised to the T. I would highly recommend Sequoia for any weddings or parties! I would specifically ask for Tatum to work with!

Sent on 12/04/2018

B · Married on 10/06/2018

Sincere thanks to Lila and her staff for putting together a gorgeous evening wedding. Lila was always available — very focused on whatever she could do to make the night just right — and we really benefited from her advice and expertise. Everything was well-done — from prompt passing of delicious hors d’oeuvres and drinks — to seating 150 guests while leaving room for a large dance floor — to personal servers for the bridal party. The space looked just right for both the ceremony and the supper — lovely view of the Potomac — with access to outdoor terrace.
    Very happy with venue and professional service!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Maura · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Sequoia and everything was absolutely perfect! We didn’t want to deal with DC summer heat so we were looking for an indoor venue – Sequoia was perfect because, while it is indoors, the giant windows allow for so much natural light and beautiful views of the river. From when we first inquired about having our reception there, to doing our tasting, to the actual day of the wedding, Andrea and her team at Sequoia were great to work with. We live in Chicago so we were a bit nervous about planning our wedding from a distance but Sequoia made everything so easy. Our guests raved about how good all the food was and how perfect the set-up of the reception was. We really wanted the band and the dancing to be the focus of the reception and at Sequoia we were able to put the band right in the middle so that everyone had easy access to the dance floor. Another plus was that the bar was right near the dance floor so people didn’t have to decide between getting a drink and dancing. Also, the service was amazing – our guests talked about how they never even had to wait at the bar for a drink. Sequoia assigned a personal server to my husband and me who made sure we always had a drink and that we actually ate food throughout the evening. At the end of the night, Sequoia even made a to-go bag of a serving of all the food that had been served throughout the night (appetizers, main course, cake, and desserts) for my husband and I to take back with us to our hotel room. We could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out – Sequoia was amazing!

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Sequoia Restaurant 13
    Sequoia Restaurant 14

Caren · Married on 04/28/2018

Excellent! Highly recommend!

Lila Dougly orchestrated a beautiful rehearsal dinner for approximately 75 of our guests . She and the sequoia delivered on every aspect - the event was elegant , the setting spectacular , the food high quality , delicious and beautifully presented, the service top notch. Lila made the planning almost effortless and completely stress- free, even though we lived out of state. Everything that was promised was delivered. For the extremely high quality, the price was ver reasonable. Did not have a single complaint - it was a wonderful experience!!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Tiffany · Married on 12/30/2017

Hands down one of the best venues ever! Professional and quick. Ive never seen a plated meal be served so quickly. Lila and her team are a dream come true. They are kind to the couple, the guests and the vendors. LOVE THIS PLACE! All venues should be this great!

Sent on 01/05/2018

Leah · Married on 10/15/2016

Our wedding reception at Sequoia on 10.15.16 was absolutely PERFECT! We had the pleasure of working with Lila for the year leading up to our wedding, and she is simply wonderful. The entire process was smooth and stress-free!

We held cocktail hour on the second floor during sunset and our guests (approximately 160) then moved down for dinner and dancing in the main dining room. Guests raved about the view from both floors of Sequoia, the food (passed appetizers and seated dinner), liquor package (with high-end liquors included in the basic package) and the fantastic level of service from the wait staff. Our parents and wedding planner could not say better things about Lila. Her responsiveness, knowledge, attention to detail and love for her job made wedding planning so much easier for me! She kept the reception on schedule and delivered everything exactly as I wished. She worked so incredibly hard to make my vision come to life. Also, we worked out a payment schedule to help space out the payments. Even though Lila plans multiple weddings at once, it felt like we were the only one!

When I entered our reception for the first time, I was absolutely stunned - I could not even believe that it was my reception. It was so beautiful, elegant, and better than I could have imagined. Sequoia does not require tons of decorations to be beautiful – the venue itself is stunning with its view of the Kennedy center, floor to ceiling windows, hardwood floors and modern decor. We rented the gold chairs and decorated with gold as well – the entire venue just sparkled! The package included all sorts of extras – a signature cocktail, late night sweets passed to guests, a suite for the newlyweds at the Graham on the wedding night, just to name to a few! As Sequoia is on the water, we decided to exit on a boat that could pull up right outside! Sequoia is one of the best wedding venues in DC and the perfect choice! You can’t go wrong with the fabulous location, service and view!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Pat · Married on 09/24/2016

We hosted our son's rehearsal dinner for 80 people in the State Room on September 23, 2016. One reason this venue was perfect was that in addition to the restaurant being located on the harbor in Georgetown, the State Room has its own private bar and terrace. The weather was very pleasant that night, so our guests really enjoyed being able to move outside for the cocktail hour.
    The food was outstanding and the chef accommodated all of our guests who have various food allergies or food preferences. The serving staff were all very attentive and pleasant. We had many compliments on the entire event!
    I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Lila Dougly, the Catering Director for Sequoia (Ark Restaurants), who was so endearing and fun to work with. She carried us through with attention to every detail and I never worried for a moment.

Sent on 10/05/2016

If you want ease of planning and a white glove service during your wedding, book Sequoia! We planned from out of town and when the tasting/walk through arrived, we were impressed. When the wedding ceremony and reception arrived, we were blown away. We cannot thank Lila Dougly, Chris (Captain) and their staff for doing such a marvelous job. All of our guests were impressed with location, ambience and especially FOOD.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Kristen · Married on 06/25/2016

I cannot say enough positive things about Heather and her team at Sequoia! We were planning our wedding both from a distance and far in advance (we had a two-year engagement and booked the venue more than a year-and-a-half before the wedding) and Heather was extremely attentive to all of our needs and speedy in all of her responses - I felt like I had a lot of questions, but she never made me feel like the barrage of questions was annoying!! I weighed whether or not to hire a day-of coordinator, but Heather reassured me that her team could take care of everything that I would have hired a day-of coordinator for (setting up escort cards, cookie table, welcome table, etc.). Given how thorough Heather was, I knew that her team would be on top of everything, and she did not disappoint. We were escorted down to the reception by one of her team members, who made sure we had a drink in hand and a plate of appetizers before we went up to cocktail hour (they guessed - correctly! - that we would be too busy greeting our guests during dinner to eat). From start to finish, the Sequoia staff made our wedding reception absolutely perfect - I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Sarah and her staff were absolutely amazing ! They performed to perfection ! Our guests all commented that this was by far the best venue that they had ever attended and the setting was just perfect - with the water, boats, lights from the cocktail hour views - just magnificent ! The main dining room was Gorgeous !
    This was without any doubt, THE best experienced that we could hope for - Sarah and her team exceeded all of our expectations and hit the ball out of the park !!!! The food was served piping hot, delicious and plentiful portions ! The bartenders and wait staff were all spot on with their service and wanting to serve our guests !!! It was a very common comment afterwards from our guests,
    "I felt like I was being pampered at a Five Star Hotel wedding reception "
    Bravo Sequoia - Well done !!!
    If I had more daughters we would be back again for their wedding receptions .... :)

Sent on 09/25/2015

Lindsay · Married on 09/19/2015

We couldn't have possibly imagined a more perfect venue for our wedding day. The views and interior stunned our guests, the food was unbelievable, and their service was impeccable. We worked with Heather Garvin for our event, who was always responsive and helpful, fielding my countless emails and questions in the weeks leading up to the wedding without a beat. Sequoia even provided a personal server to make sure that our and our parents' needs were attended to throughout the night. We genuinely can't say enough about how Sequoia exceeded our expectations! Our guests are still raving about the space and the food!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Meagan · Married on 08/22/2015

Our August wedding reception at Sequoia was perfect in every way. The venue was ideal for our ~200 guest reception with 8-piece band. We could not have ordered up a better evening (or planned it) and we were lucky to be able to hold the cocktail reception outside. The views of the sun setting over the water were amazing and our guests raved about the appetizers and service from start to finish. The pigs in a blanket were a definite hit and the main course of braised short rib/crabcake combo with asparagus and potatoes was definitely on point and our guests were still talking about it after the event.

From the moment we signed the contract, almost a year ahead, we knew we had made a great decision. Heather Garvin was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. We never worried about a thing and the end result was outstanding. The service the night-of was exceptional and the staff was attentive and pleasant all around. Our families (and the two of us) were completely taken care of and never without a drink or water in hand - something you don't realize the true value of until that night!

A particularly special moment was right before the main reception began, my new husband and I had a chance to sit up on the mezzanine and raise a glass together (and enjoy a much needed plate of food). We had the chance to watch down over our guests enjoying cocktail hour and take in an incredible sunset over the water for a few minutes. To be able to have that moment together was a really neat addition we also credit Sequoia for making happen.

Overall, we couldn't be happier to have chosen Sequoia as a venue.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Heather was a wonderful coordinator and was wonderful helping us plan the wedding from afar. She helped me even up until the night before the wedding work out kinks and any anxieties I had. Our guests raved about the view from sequoia. The staff were professional and our personal waitress for the night made sure we always had a full glass and even packed us a box of our wedding meal to go that evening. It was a wonderful experience!

Sent on 08/11/2015

The event coordinator, Sarah Peterson, was amazing to work with. She was very responsive to all our questions. She helped us narrow down decisions and worked with us on the overall design of the floor plan and menu. She was open to all our suggestions and was very accommodating. I would recommend her to anyone looking to have their wedding at the Sequoia as the person to work with.

The food for our wedding was delicious and cooked perfectly. The servers were very helpful to all of the guests.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Sequoia is a total WIN for wedding receptions! Here's why: outstanding location and views, food and menu options, service/hospitality by the events and catering manager, Heather (and her staff), great ambiance, energy, flexibility in planning, and then some. Choosing Sequoia DC for our reception was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. There was very little that we asked for that could not be accommodated, and often at the last minute. This ranged from menu choice changes to accommodate vegan diets, to having a last minute deejay area, to having many updates to the seating chart and headcount. The team was so accommodating, responsive, and easy to work with, my spouse and I were so relieved. On the day of, we were taken care of from beginning to end. We didn't need to ask for much, but when we did, everything was provided quickly and with a smile and a glass of champagne. We lucked out with a gorgeous (albeit warm) day, and guests really enjoyed the patio area to mingle and look out on the gorgeous water and views of DC and Rosslyn. We also had a portable photo booth set up outside which added to the fun atmosphere. Inside the State Room, we had enough room for 85 guests, which included several children (Sequoia provided all of the booster seats) and room for some strollers. Guests raved about the quality and taste of the brunch offerings, and enjoyed the open bar with a variety of beer, wine, and brunch cocktails. We were also provided a dance floor and plenty of additional tables to set up a candy bar/buffet, our guest reception cards, cupcake stands, etc. Overall, given the location, amenities, and level of service, we felt the cost of our contract was very reasonably priced and would highly recommend Sequoia and its awesome team to anyone looking to celebrate such an important day with family and friends!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Scott, Sarah and Chris did an amazing job at my son's rehearsal dinner. They responded quickl to every email and request along the way and were great to work with before and during the event. The view from the room was beautiful and added to the fun evening. The food and the service was excellent and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. Thank you all so much.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Jennifer · Married on 04/17/2015

Excellent food, beautiful venue, staff easy to work with. Our guests all complimented us on our choice of venue.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Heather was so helpful and responsive throughout the process including being amenable to last minute changes and the event team did an excellent job all night. We didn't notice any hiccups in service and everything seemed to go very smoothly. Sequoia definitely runs as a well-oiled machine.

Sent on 04/14/2015

Torrance · Married on 04/04/2015

Scott and Sarah were an absolute pleasure to work with! They made planning a wedding so easy. My husband and I loved Sequoia because everything was included- no fine print, no cake cutting fee, no rentals! The food was incredible and the service fantastic. Booking Sequoia was definitely the BEST decision we made while planning our wedding!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Sequoia DC was everything we wanted for our Martin Luther King Weekend, 2015 wedding. From the beginning, the event coordinator, Heather, was professional and responsive to our planning needs. She fulfilled some special requests that made our wedding more personal. The venue was transformed magically into a winter wonderland by the floral arrangements; the sparkling lights on the skating rink; the sparkling lights on the trees; and the panoramic view of the Potomac River and the Kennedy Center. The appetizers were delicious and generously served; the surf and turf selection for the entree was perfectly done and delicious! The Sequoia DC will always hold a special place in out hearts for contributing to a beautiful wedding celebration for my daughter and son-in-law!

Sent on 01/20/2015

We worked with Heather to plan our wedding reception, and she was professional and responsive every step of the way. Our reception turned out perfectly. The venue is stunningly beautiful and the views and atmosphere make it a step above many other wedding venues in the area. The food was so delicious that our guests are still raving about it months later. The service was spectacular. They even provided a server just to take care of my husband and I. It made us feel like king and queen of our special evening.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with our experience at Sequoia, and look forward to celebrating our anniversaries there for years to come!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Alexandra · Married on 11/08/2014

First of all, the venue is gorgeous. At night with all the lights, it almost doesn't need any added decorations. Secondly, the service is outstanding. All of the staff went out of their way to make sure our guests had a great time. They took care of my grandparents and brought them their own plate of appetizers and to-go boxes of dessert when they needed to leave early. They treated everyone there like they were the guests of honor. All of our guests raved about what a great time they had. The food was top notch, better than "wedding" food. Heather was amazing to work with in planning the event. She made everything we wanted happen. We didn't have to worry about a thing prior to or during the event.

Sent on 11/15/2014

Our Rehearsal Dinner was absolutely perfect - - - great food and service as well as attention to detail by Scott and crew - - - Scott even knew what time sunset would occur on the evening of our event.

Sent on 12/07/2014