Second Summer Bride Reviews

25 Reviews for Second Summer Bride

• Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 11/03/2018

Dress of my dreams

Loved my dress. I had some specific wants in my dress and no one ever told me no! :) The ladies who helped me made me feel comfortable and pretty. They take one appointment at a time so you aren't waiting around for your consultant like at David's.

The seamstress Lori (Lauri?) was great and made the dress fit like a glove. We had trouble getting the bust to sit against my skin without too much of an open gap but Lori made it happen! They cut my train off and a layer of the puffy tulle from underneath, just like I asked without trying to talk me out of it.

Great little shop, beautiful dresses, hope you like little yappy dogs because the owner's dogs are around... not my preference but loved my time spent with Second Summer.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Joanne · Married on 09/30/2017

I had been to several other dress shops and found dresses that were pretty and I would have been happy to wear; but I hadn't found "the dress" (I didn't think it existed for the longest time). The dress I found at Second Summer is "the dress." It is perfect in every way and 30% under by budget! Additionally, the service was by far the best of any of the bridal shops I went to. The staff cared about me and my wedding. They would listen to my requests, answered all my questions and gave me some wonderful suggestions. I highly recommend Second Summer.

• Britt

Britt · Married on 08/26/2017

The ladies here were very helpful! Side note: I scheduled my appointment a week before my sister got engaged (I knew, she didn't!). After finding my dress and knew it was the one, I wanted my sister to feel special too...& even though it wasn't my sister's appointment, they allowed her to try on a dress too! Super accommodating but also made me feel like I was the only appointment that day. Very thorough- now just to have my dress altered in a few months for the big day!

Sent on 11/04/2016

DEANNA · Married on 06/24/2017

GO HERE FIRST -- THESE GALS ARE THE BEST!!!

Angel is Fantastic -- Could not have received better service :)

Sent on 11/16/2016

Jenna · Married on 06/03/2017

This place rocks!! They are very accommodating and helpful. They made finding the one an awesome experience.

Sent on 11/11/2016

Alyssa · Married on 05/13/2017

These ladies are fantastic! Such a good experience trying on dresses in their gorgeous space, and super accommodating - I made a total impulse purchase, then realized a few days later that I'd made the wrong choice. Karla let me come back and swap dresses! Amazing!
    They have both new and used dresses - it's fun to get a dress with a story :)

Sent on 11/13/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 05/05/2017

They were able to get me an appointment right away. Very cute place and has a decent selection. Great value.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Elisabeth · Married on 04/28/2017

I am a very particular person as well as frugal, I had been to 20+ bridal shops and tried on some beautiful dresses, but Second Summer found me the one! They were so helpful, real (honest), knowledgable, and accommodating. It was truly a great experience. Don't bother going anywhere else.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Great service and an amazing selection! Was my first stop and my only stop.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Peachy · Married on 12/21/2016

Best experience looking for my wedding gown!!! Soooo happy I can't wait to get it fitted to my size!!!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Anna · Married on 12/05/2016

I love Carla and Angel! they were the best!!. Lisa was so goo with listening to how I wanted my dress altered.

Love you guys!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Andrea · Married on 11/12/2016

Got a beautiful dress on my first day of shopping that was very similar to one I'd saved on Pinterest. Angel, the dress stylist that helped me, reviewed my pins and came back with lots for me to try on. She was fun and guided me through the process of narrowing down from my top 3 that day. My mom and bridesmaid had a comfy couch to hang out on with cookies and mimosas. We hardly noticed we were there so long & appreciated that Angel was so through. I went home with it off the rack and will get my veil and alterations there, too. New but deeply discounted, as it was a one-off from a bigger store and missing a belt that I didn't want anyway once I saw the picture on the tag. I think about 30% off sticker price.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Susan · Married on 10/23/2016

I drove all over California, literally, looking for the perfect dress. Little did I know I'd find it 5 minutes from home. Sophie listened to my dream dress description, and the first dress she pulled was the one. Shanae did the alterations, and she was a dream to work with. She told me how beautiful I looked, it was a perfect dress experience. Thank you Second Summer, my wedding was gorgeous, in great part to you. Oh, they also referred my partner to a custom suit maker, she looked flawless.

Sent on 11/02/2016

e · Married on 10/22/2016

tell them what you want and they will make it happen

• Jess & Lara

Jess & Lara · Married on 10/21/2016

On my first day of dress shopping, I found THE dress at Second Summer Bridal. Karla was absolutely great! I showed her a few pictures of what I was looking for and she brought out six dresses for me to try on. As soon as I tried on the Ellis dress from London, I was in love! I loved it so much I wanted to keep it on for lunch after the fitting but my fiancé was going to be there. Karla provided us with suggestions for adding a new belt and what veil and earrings to purchase. She made us feel so welcome even with my large entourage! On my wedding day the dress was stunning, I received so many compliments. Thank you so much for all your help and attention!

Sent on 01/14/2017

Jamie · Married on 10/08/2016

I had a really fun time picking out my dress. I went by myself but the ladies made me feel so comfortable and confident. I found my dress after only trying a couple thanks to Angel. Her intuition of style is 100% and you can tell she actually loves what she does. Everyone was so sweet and positive and I would highly recommend checking it out. Being a local business makes it that much better. ????

Phet · Married on 09/10/2016

The entire staff was super helpful and knowledgeable. I receommned my best friend who got married the same timeframe to get her dress from there, which she did!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Erica · Married on 09/03/2016

Second Summer was amazing! I had started to look for a dress at other stores and felt overwhelmed and then I made an appointment with SSB and found my dress almost immediately! The team listened to my must haves and price range and brought out several contenders. I highly recommend this store.

Sent on 11/08/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2019

Sooo thankful for SSB

I made my appointment on the 3rd of August (wedding day 9/14/19).. they made what seem to be impossible, possible! I was lucky enough to have my appointment during their Lillian West trunk show! I was able to find a beautiful dress in my size and within my price range! The only alterations that needed to be done was to hem the dress! I lagged so much on my dress because I had a baby in March of this year... Karla and her girls took the stress away of finding my dress, they were extremely helpful and so sweet. An added bonus, designer Tony was there and made a sketch of myself in the dress!! My MOH thought of the idea to give it to my future hubby as a gift on the day of with a lovely note, such a cute idea!
    Thank you SSB!!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Laura · Married on 10/23/2016

My overall experience here was great. But what stands out for me is Karla, she was there for me for the entire process- from helping me find the dress of my dreams to initiating a second opinion for alterations when the first didn't seem quite right. The dresses are beautiful and the staff is very friendly. One small side note, if you're not happy with the alterations (price, etc...) don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion! It can be intimidating and overwhelming but you can always get a second opinion. Lisa was my seamstress and she was exceptional- everything was perfect and done in a very timely manner. I would recommend her over and over again.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Melissa · Married on 09/24/2016

3.5

This place has so many dresses! I did not find the one I ended up purchasing, but thought I should leave a review stating how helpful, nice and how fun they made the experience. Definitely check this place out!

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 11/18/2016

They have a lot more options than any other dress store I went to did. They have a lot of variety and something that everyone will love. I have been recommending this place to everyone. It is awesome!!

Sent on 10/31/2016
  • Anum

Anum Ali · Married on 03/30/2019

3.0
      1.0
      3.0

Excellent deals

I found a dress here at an amazing price. The value you get at Second Summer Bridals is unmatched. I bought an Enzoani dress at a fraction of the price. However I had to chase them down for months to get my dress, no one ever called me back. and I only got it a week before my wedding so I had no choice but to have them alter it. I cold have saved hundreds by having my mom alter it. I was very unhappy with the unresponsiveness.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Ann · Married on 10/15/2016

2.5
      2.0

Might be a good place if you have very little money to spend. I have to say I did get a beautiful dress but the experience was less than desirable. I found a dress that had a spot on it and was asked to buy the dress THEN see if it could be cleaned. I bought a different dress. Then after the wedding when I called to ask about re selling it I wanted an estimate of asking price to determine if it was worth it to have it cleaned. I was told to have it cleaned then we could talk. Nonetheless a less than desirable experience.

Sent on 11/11/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/26/2017

0.4
      0.5

I bought my dress from this shop on November 12, 2016. Karla, the owner, told me that my dress would arrive in 3-6 months. On April 28, 2017, I called the shop to check the status of my dress and I found out that my dress was going to arrive on July 15th, instead of in May. When I got this news I was pretty upset because no one called me to tell me about the delay. I spoke with Karla and explained to her that I was upset that no one told me about the delay. She told me that I would get my dress even if it was a week before.
    I patiently waited until June 15 to check up on my dress again. When I called, a store employee told me that my dress would now arrive on August 10. Once again no one told me about this delay. Unfortunately, they could not guarantee that my dress would arrive on August 10th. So I felt that it would be best for me to receive my full refund. I asked the manager if I could talk to Karla about what was going on. I felt that I deserved an explanation and an apology from her. However, Karla never reached out to me and she let the manager handle the whole situation. When I asked for a full refund Karla said that she would only give me half of what I paid for! Later Karla agreed to give me the full refund minus $150. So I asked for documentation of when my order was placed, but the shop refused to show me proof because it was supposedly against the wedding dress company’s policy. I called Lillian West, the company that was making my dress, and I asked them if Karla could show me a document of when she placed the order. The representative gave me a clear “Yes”. On June 21st, I called Second Summer Bride again and told the manager that the company said that I could in fact see the document of when the order was placed. I told them that I would gladly pay the $150 if they could prove to me that they had indeed ordered my dress back in November. After this the shop finally agreed to give me my full refund. I honestly believe they forgot to place my order.

Sent on 07/17/2017