Second Summer Bride Reviews

Second Summer Bride 5
  • S&M2019

Meredith · Getting married on 04/05/2020

The best experience

Second Summer Bride was wonderful! I decided to try on a bunch of dresses by myself to just get an idea of what I wanted and ended up leaving that day with a dress. The woman that helped me made me feel so comfortable and was so excited for me that the experience couldn’t have been better. Second Summer Bride was organized and had a large selection of different priced dresses as well as styles. I would highly recommend it and had the best day.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Laquisha · Getting married on 03/14/2020

Amazing!!!

I went here and got the most beautiful dress ever. Everyone was super personable and complimenting. I found the most unexpected dress and for an amazing price. Anyone I know getting married I refer them here!

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Carr · Getting married on 01/09/2020

Amazing experience and gorgeous dresses

I bought two dresses from Second Summer Bridal in February for my September wedding. One was a secondhand dress that they had in the store, so I got to take it home with me that day. The dress was a gorgeous ballgown with a beaded bodice. It like many of their secondhand dresses was actually a sample gown at another boutique before coming to Second Summer. My second dress was a made to order from their sister boutique, Blush Bridal Lounge. The dress was ordered and came in by the end of June, which gave me plenty of time to get alterations done.

The appointment was fantastic! I was able to try on about 10 dresses in the hour and a half to two-hour timeframe and I had plenty of time to discuss the options with my bridal party. The staff made the appointment so much fun and I was so glad that there was a place in Austin where I could have the bridal appointment experience while buying a secondhand dress.

Sent on 10/20/2019
    Second Summer Bride 6
    Second Summer Bride 7
    Second Summer Bride 8

Shana · Married on 09/14/2019

Loved working with Sara!

This was my third visit to a bridal salon and it couldn't have better! Sara was so sweet and patient, and she answered so many of my questions. The dressing rooms are large and so is the area for your guests to sit when you step out to showcase your dress. I came here hoping I'd get lucky and I did. I tried on six dresses and ended up saying yes to the first dress I tried on! I absolutely recommend Sara for how attentive and kind she was during my whole visit.

Sent on 02/10/2019

Tera Bradham · Married on 07/27/2019

Best Store I Went To!

This was my favorite store in my dress shopping experience. Although I didn't end up finding my dress here, the staff was wonderfully kind and helpful, and they have an incredible selection. I wasn't pressured to buy anything, but still felt completely supported in the process. I couldn't recommend Second Summer Bride more!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Heather Hadd · Married on 06/01/2019

Happy to say "yes"

First of all, I loved the staff at Second Summer Bride. They were very casual, friendly and helpful. But their selection of dresses is wonderful and their business model is perfect (in my opinion). a) you get to wear a dress that otherwise might have gone to waste since they sell extra dresses from designers and b) the dresses are very affordable. If you don't have 5K to spend on a dress or you just don't want to spend too much on the dress (I sure didn't) then this is the perfect place.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/02/2018

Great experience

I had a great experience at Second Summer, and while I didn't find THE dress, the selection was extensive and the entire staff was welcoming and super helpful. I found several options that I highly considered for my big day. I will definitely recommend to my family and friends.

Sent on 03/08/2019

Kate · Married on 04/13/2018

I would definitely recommend Second Summer Bride! They have a good selection of consignment dresses as well as a small boutique in the store. I went to Second Summer after purchasing a dress from Alfred Angelo and never receiving it after they closed. They were so kind and patient with me (it isn’t fun to shop for a dress after you’ve found THE dress). I ended up finding an even more perfect dress and they were so helpful throughout the whole process.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Emma · Married on 11/04/2017

I can't recommend Second Summer Bride enough! I was able to get an incredible gown for a fraction of the price. All of the staff were EXTREMELY helpful. I ended up having an extra two people come with me to look for my gown and they were able to accommodate that last minute. Their sales associates we're extremely knowledgeable and picked gowns that were exactly what I was envisioning and within my budget.

Sent on 12/26/2017
    Second Summer Bride 9
    Second Summer Bride 10

Kevin · Married on 07/30/2016

I loved my dress! Second Summer Bride has so many gorgeous dresses! And I think what I loved most about the dress was that it wasn't the same dress I see in every other store. I wanted lace, but not the typical all lace dress with v-neck that is everywhere right now. Second Summer Bride had some gorgeous gowns that were unique, yet beautiful! Their staff helped me through the entire process and pointed me in the right direction with alterations too.

Sent on 08/04/2016

Second Summer Bride's reply:

We're thrilled you love your gown! We loved working with you and look forward to seeing pictures of the big day! Cheers!

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2016

The staff are great and the owner is absolutely fantastic. I went to her other store Blush first and she remembered me when I walked into Second Summer!

There are a lot of beautiful dresses here. Don't be afraid to try on something that may be a little larger than you expect. If there wasn't a size on it, would you get it? I found my dress here the first day I was looking at dresses. I never thought I could find one that I would love that easily. It was hanging on the "Staff favorites" and I knew I had to try it on, even if it was the only one I tried on there. I was a little nervous because it was a size 10 and I normally wear a 4. The staff is very knowledgeable about which dresses their seamstress would be able to size to you without ruining the design or material. I fell in love with the dress and couldn't leave without it. My biggest recommendation is that if you find a dress that you never want to get out of... Get it, especially there at Second Summer Bride because it may not be there when you get back!

I highly recommend Second Summer Bride for a steal of a deal and if you can't find it there, try Blush.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Second Summer Bride has an amazing selection of dresses ranging from one of a kind to popular brand names today. The attendant was incredibly helpful in helping me try dresses out of my comfort zone, and didn't snub me when I mentioned my budget. When I decided on my dress, I called the store and placed my deposit via telephone, then was able to pick up the dress and pay the remaining balance at my convenience. I ended up with a dress that was originally made in Europe, completely unique, and for less than many of the brand new dresses at places like David's Bridal, Alfred Angelo, etc (can't even compare the value/savings to more upscale bridal 'salons' in the Austin area)! Highly recommend checking this place out if you can!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Alicia · Married on 04/23/2016

Where do I even start? I wish I would have gone here & only here; it would have saved me so much time and hassle. This place has the size and selection that is larger than any boutique I ever went into to. The atmosphere is top-notch, the selection is huge, and the service is perfect! After several hours of trying on, I found the perfect dress for my rehearsal and wedding day at the perfect price. I tell everyone about this place and even though it isn't local for me, it is local for Austin and you are supporting a wonderful business!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Shannon · Married on 03/18/2016

Out of the four stores I visited looking for my wedding dress, this was my favorite! It has a cozy, relaxing and friendly atmosphere! I liked that they let me pick out the dresses I wanted to try on with just a little guidance! I ended up picking my dress right away, and they were so happy for me! I definitely did not feel as if they just wanted a quick sale. I would highly recommend this store :)

Sent on 01/21/2016

Jenny · Married on 12/30/2015

Found my dress here several months ago for my December wedding. Other bridal boutiques had trouble working with my budget of about 1,000$ and had little choices. Not at SSB- Lots of choices. My dress was originally at the sister store Blush bridal and it was stunning- Wish I could show a picture on here. Emily helped me with the process and I highly recommend working with her.
    I made a few alterations to the dress with the in house recommendations. Everything was awesome! Thank you Second Summer Bride!!!!!!!

Sent on 01/17/2016
  • lolli282

Mina · Married on 10/24/2015

This place is wonderful for both buying and selling! The staff is very friendly and there is a no pressure environment in the air. There are dresses for every type of bride in a huge variety of styles! Are are really high quality too.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Second Summer Bride's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We love what we do here and we love our brides!

I am so glad we came to second summer bride for my dress. I had gone to Davids Bridal, and didnt have the best experience so this was a blessing to find. The shop is small, clean, updated decor. The dress selection is large for a second hand store! My dress was a huge hit. The only thing I did wrong was use a seamstress that wasnt on their preferred list! I wish I had. After having my dress "hacked" by another seamstress I took my dress back 3 weeks before the wedding and they were super accomodating. She fixed my dress to perfection.

Sent on 11/02/2015

COURTNEY · Married on 09/12/2015

My dress was so beautiful and affordable! They ladies were helpful and friendly. The place had a nice pace and calm atmosphere.
    LOVED this place!!
    After being given the run around about my dress size over at David's Bridal (seriously, they suck and intentionally put you in the wrong size), it was so refreshing to be put in a dress that actually fit and not be pushed in to something that requires alterations. They do have recommendations for seamstresses if you need them tho.

Sent on 09/20/2015
  • Heather & Jerod

Heather · Married on 04/16/2015

I had two weeks until my wedding and was stressed that I would not find something in my size right away. We had decided last min to forget the huss and fuss of planning a huge wedding and we decided to elope on our original wedding planning trip to Puerto Rico. I When I got to second summer bride they had a huge selection. I am a street size 4-6 and they had about 10 dresses in my size. I was able to get an almost $3000 for half of that. It was worn once before but did not look like it did. The girl that helped me, I think her name was Natalie was patient with me and super helpful! I would def recommend this place. I will also be selling my dress back here.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Crissie · Married on 03/28/2015

Although I paid more than I would like to for a consignment shop dress I found "the one" here and it fit perfectly. I don't know what the dress would have originally cost but im sure It was well over what I paid

Sent on 08/26/2014

Michelle · Married on 01/16/2015

Second Summer Bride was amazing! I found a dress that's perfectly me (even though I found at least 4 other very lovely dresses that would have worked just as well). The selection was great, the staff was helpful and knowledgable. I ended up needing to have the top built up with extra beading, and the seamstress just happened to be on-site to give me her opinion, a quote, and we were able to get the ball rolling immediately. I'm in love with my dress and that little shop. I would send anyone here looking for a unique, special dress.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Tiffany · Married on 11/09/2014

I was so relieved to find Second Summer! If you are looking for a unique dress at a great price - this is place for you! And, the icing on the cake is the excellent customer service they offer! I had the most fun shopping at this store, and I saw my dress as soon as I walked in the door. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 01/22/2015

Karina · Married on 10/24/2014

Found my dress here and it was absolutely perfect!! I looked everywhere else and I could not find the right one! What a perfect dress at an amazing value!!!!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Sandra · Married on 10/12/2014

I went to Second Summer Bride because I was desperate... and I'm so glad I did! Being a procrastinator (my bad), I waited until a month before the wedding to get alterations quotes only to find out that I had lost weight since buying it 8 months before. The dress needed to be taken in two sizes, the sweetheart neckline needed to be lowered and the dress needed to be shortened and bustled. This was going to be almost $1,000 to alter, the same amount that I had paid for the dress. With it being that difficult and expensive to alter, I decided to buy a new dress and try to sell the old one. I tried one other Austin boutique before walking into Second Summer Bride three weeks before my wedding, extremely scared that I would not be able to find a dress. Thankfully, I was proved wrong quickly! I had an amazing experience, in which a very understanding associate helped me find several dresses I loved, the very first of which turned out to be THE dress! I was in and out in thirty minutes with a dress that cost less and that I loved much more than my first! To make things even crazier, I changed my mind about wearing a veil and went back five days before the wedding to get one, was helped by the same person and found one in minutes. I truly enjoyed both of my experiences at this very stylish boutique (don't let the surrounding area/outside scare you, the inside is adorable!), and have nothing but good things to say about the customer service. Don't let the consignment part make you nervous.. All of the dresses I tried on were brand new, and even the ones that were not were gorgeous! But go to Second Summer and see for yourself; I promise you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Monica · Married on 10/11/2014

I love, love, love this place! Not only did I find my dream dress, the entire staff was so helpful and friendly. They made sure to make suggestions and recommendations based on what I was looking for. The in-house seamstress was amazing and was so accomodating. I kept losing weight and she worked on my dress until the Monday before my wedding with no hesitation. She wanted to make sure the dress fit perfect and it did! I couldnt be more happy with Second Summer Bride. They were all great and so much a part in making me feel like a beautiful bride on my wedding day.

Sent on 10/19/2014