Second Empire Reviews

Allison · Married on 09/03/2016

Great venue for wedding. Beautiful

Sent on 09/11/2016

Amy · Married on 11/30/2013

Very helpful with all the arrangement and detail

Sent on 02/21/2014

Carmen · Married on 09/04/2010

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect setting for my wedding than Second Empire. Tracy, the Events Coordinator, helped me from the very start to craft my vision of how my ceremony and reception would shape up. The room where we held our ceremony was beautiful, with a bay window just behind the bride and groom, where the light was amazing. The atrium, where we had our reception, was breathtaking - we were surrounded by glass. The photographer couldn't stop taking pictures of the little details in the decor.

The food was awesome, and yes, we got to eat it! I've now had three wedding guests tell me that when they come back for a visit, they want to go to Second Empire for dinner.

For smaller weddings, Second Empire would be THE go-to location for a wonderful day.

Sent on 09/21/2010

Emily · Married on 11/07/2009

We had our rehearsal dinner at Second Empire and it was a fun, delicious treat. Our group fit perfectly in the tavern and every person truly enjoyed the experience.

Sent on 02/25/2010

Caroline · Married on 10/02/2009

The food was divine - 5oz filet & chicken breast for $55.00 per guest. I had a small wedding (42ppl) so this was perfect! The Chef came out to speak to our guests about the menu, the service was amazing, the ambiance of the Atrium with tons of candles was gorgeous. They even let us do a sparkler exit off of their historic front porch. I highly recommend using Second Empire Restaurant for your Dinner (only) reception.

Sent on 11/09/2009
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 12/29/2018

I had my engagement party at Second Empire and they did a great job! It is my favorite restaurant in Raleigh, and they definitely delivered on a larger-scale event. The food was excellent and the service was un-paralleled. My guests were well cared for and enjoyed the experience. Even though we purchased flowers for the buffet tables, the coordinator offered to gather extra flowers from their own stock to make a larger arrangement for us. We were very pleased!

Sent on 02/26/2018

Shantelle · Married on 02/06/2014

Amber was absolutely great to work with on our cake. Our reception was held here as well and the day-of staff went over and above what I expected! The coordinator was sometimes worryingly forgetful but she was very sweet and helpful as the day got closer. The cost was very in line with the amazing food and it was just gorgeous to celebrate there!

Sent on 03/07/2014

By our wedding day, everything exceeded our expectations. Tracy was very hard to get feedback from, but confirmed every detail a few days before. She is an insanely busy woman.
    Amber made the the best tasting cake, and it looked beautiful.
    The service and food were spectacular. The entire grounds are beautiful.
    Very reasonable price, considering it includes food (including cake), drinks, and service.

Sent on 05/24/2013

Cindy · Married on 08/28/2010

We had our wedding reception here. The food was fabulous, the presentation was great and the food servers were very professional. The wedding cake was done there as well and was excellent. Was a little disappointed in the total cost of the reception as they did not include sodas and other drinks or the gratuity as part of the per person price. The sound system is not great.

Sent on 09/21/2010

Erika · Married on 05/21/2011

Tracy was very easy to work with (although hard to reach at times since she is very busy). She helped make my reception exactly what I had imagined. The food was amazing and the service was great. I had many compliments from guests about both as well as the beautiful backdrop.

Sent on 07/21/2011

Crystal · Married on 02/27/2010

Great food, beautiful restaurant, great service! The cake was beautiful although not very sweet, some guests loved it, others not so much but it was definitely a beautiful cake!

Sent on 03/01/2010

Caroline · Married on 09/18/2010

Apart from being one of the most beautiful venues in Raleigh, the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was very classy. We booked 9 months in advance for a wedding of 80 guests. We utilized the entire first floor (not the lower tavern), for a sit down dinner and space for a dance floor. Tracy was fantastic to work with and had worked with many of our other vendors before which was great. We also had Second Empire make our cake which turned out above expectations. The location is very desirable, as our ceremony was at Peace College and only a short drive away, we also used a trolley service to transport guests to the beautiful front entrance of the restaurant. A Clarion hotel is located right beside Second Empire which was IDEAL for older guests, or those unable to drive home! :) There is ample parking, restroom facilities and use of outdoor space (for smokers). All the staff were extremely accommodating of our guests and attended to our every need. Would HIGHLY recommend Second Empire as a reception location

Sent on 11/14/2010

Jerry · Married on 08/01/2015

3.0

My wife and I hosted my son's wedding rehearsal luncheon at Second Empire. The day was delightful, the food was delicious (as always), the Pine Room setting was beautiful and the service from their staff there was impeccable. Second Empire very much deserves it's reputation for excellence. They always deliver! Truly one of the finest restaurants in the entire state.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Jessi · Married on 08/27/2016

3.8
      2.0
      2.0

The second empire is beautiful, no doubt. I am glad we had our reception here for the intimate setting and yummy food. I was disappointed in the responsiveness and errors by the waitstaff. The baker, Amber was amazing- she did a great job with the wedding cake tasting and that cake was amazing, it tasted great and looked unbelievable. Amber takes her job very seriously and I appreciated her dedication. Their TV did not work properly which was disappointing for our slideshow. I do recommend booking the Second Empire, just being aware of a few things in advance. It is nice that the linens are included and you can't beat the price for such a beautiful setting.

Sent on 10/07/2016

natasha · Married on 07/02/2011

3.6
      3.0
      1.0

While it can be challenging to contact them to discuss various aspects of the wedding, the venue is lovely, and the staff is very flexible and accomodating. The food is delicious. The cake maker, Amber, rocks! And the service the day of is impeccable. You just have to be extremely patient about receiving clear feedback and responses leading up to your special day.

Sent on 07/17/2011