Sebastien Bicard Photography Reviews

Sebastien Bicard Photography 7
  • Emily

Emily Ross · Getting married on 04/04/2020

Stunning Engagement Session

We had the pleasure of working with Seb on our engagement session this February. It was incredibly special for us to invest in photos together as we often forget to take them and we wanted to capture the excitement of our engagement and our new chapter ahead. From the get-go, we knew we had been extremely lucky to find Seb — he was incredibly organized, had a genuine interest in our story, and helped make our shoot a total breeze from end to end. Personalizing our experience made for a comfortable, and exceptional shoot — even despite brisk weather and wind, we had such a fun time, and the final result was above and beyond our expectations, genuinely capturing who we are and the joy that we share. If you're thinking about working with Seb, you can expect a thoughtful, energizing creative with an eye for color, dimension, and light.

Sent on 03/11/2019

allison · Getting married on 10/05/2019

I did some research for California local photographers and stumbled upon Seb! I reached out in hopes he would be available to shoot our engagement photos while my fiancé and I were going to be in the Big Sur area. Seb stayed in contact with me in the months prior to the shoot and even recommended different wardrobe ideas. This was my very first time to be photographed professionally and I was so nervous but he really made things easier than I could have ever imagined. Seb has such an eye for capturing pure and honest emotion and I’m overjoyed with how our photos came out! Thank you Seb! The experience with you and our beautiful pictures are a dream come true!

Sent on 06/01/2018
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 8

Sebastien Bicard Photography's reply:

Thank you, Allison!!! We had the best time and I could not be happier for both of you ;)

Lindsey · Getting married on 09/22/2019

Seb is a truly amazing guy and talented photographer! He genuinely wants to get to know the people he photographs and likewise wants them to get to know him. We completed several surveys prior to our engagement shoot to help Seb get to know us as a couple and what we are looking for in our photographs. He also shared the same information with us so that when we met in person finally for our shoot it was an easy and natural transition. When we met for the shoot he instantly set expectations of how the evening would go and his style. We loved how he would give us guidance in terms of how to pose but also give us the freedom to act natural so he could capture real raw moments. He would give us prompts that sparked raw emotion which lended to a beautiful experience overall and not just a photo shoot! We also thanked Seb for introducing us to a new area of the Marin headlands that we likely would not have experienced otherwise. We are absolutely in love with our photos and truly had a wonderful experience shooting with Seb! Thank you Seb!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Kristina C · Married on 06/16/2019

Amazing talent and professionalism

We really liked that Seb's photos were not just cookie-cutter, cheesy poses of couples smiling but presented a more realistic - but prettier - version of a couple in love. We had our engagement session shot in a couple of places in San Francisco. My favorite location was actually a random spot in a tunnel in Marin Headlands Seb picked as he knew that lighting would be interesting there. Seb took his time and helped us interact with each other in a way that would look natural in pictures. Turnaround was quick and our photos are gorgeous.

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • B Riggs

B Riggs · Married on 06/16/2019

Incredible photos. A true artist.

Sebastien is incredible. We were so lucky to be able to work with him for our engagement photos.

We didn't want the traditional, cheesy piggy back photos, and instead wanted something more artist and out of the norm. We were so incredible pleased with the results, and ended up with more fantastic photos than we were able to use across our website, save-the-date, and registries (there were so many good ones it was hard to pick).

I appreciated his attention to detail and desire to get to know us better before and at the start of the shoot. He really put us at ease right from the beginning, and made us feel like natural models. And he used interesting techniques to get us to have more natural expressions on our faces (e.g. laughing), instead of the typical forced smile that I so commonly make it photos.

As for the photos themselves, we were able to get a couple of locations in, and he was even willing to work with our dog at one sight. We got a huge varied of angles, framing, contrast, and poses. Not just your standard "face the camera and smile" kind of photoshoot.

Sebastien is not just a photographer, he is an artist. He understands light and location extremely well, and was able to produce images with stunning contrast.

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Qin

Qin En Looi · Married on 05/19/2019

Amazing shoot with Sebastien! He made us feel at ease and comfortable

Sebastien was an absolute joy to work with! My fiancée was flying in from Singapore and due to a snowstorm, our original photoshoot location at Yosemite was a no-go. Sebastien was very prompt in monitoring the situation and suggested alternatives.

Despite the last minute change, Sebastien made the shoot so easy and enjoyable for us with his energy. He is really quite unique as a photographer, because of his energy. Makes him more a Friend than a photographer.

Needless to say, photos were awesome! Thanks Sebastien!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Hannah · Married on 05/18/2019

My fiancé and I had the pleasure of working with Sebastien for our engagement shoot in San Francisco. Per Seb’s request, we started at our apartment and went on to take additional photos in our neighborhood. From the very beginning to the end of our time together, Seb made us feel super comfortable, stoked in the moment, and so in love. The fact that he got to know us beforehand and was able to capture the little moments in between shots meant the world to us. We’ve gotten such amazing feedback from our friends and family about how unique & beautiful our engagement photos turned out. I highly recommend working with him!

Sent on 08/26/2018
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 9

Michelle Haydu · Married on 05/04/2019

Hiring Sebastien was the best decision. He exceeded expectations in every way!

When my husband and I were starting to plan our wedding, we both found Sebastien independently. We loved his reportage style, use of natural light, and the toning of his photographs and were excited to reach out. His first email to us was full of personality and enthusiasm. We hopped on a video call and by the end we were so comfortable with him and could tell he loves what he does. Without question, we were ready to hire him.

Months later, we had our engagement session with Sebastien. He went above and beyond and shot us at our apartment, on Telegraph Hill in San Francisco as the sun was starting to set, and on our roof at twilight. He played our favorite songs and had games for us to play to help us get into the moment and feel natural in front of the camera. We had so much fun with him! The engagement session was a great way for the three of us to get to know each other and we were even more confident that he would deliver on our wedding day. When we received the photos, we were blown away.

Leading up to the wedding day, Sebastien was so communicative. He set expectations for the day and dug into what was most important to us by sending a questionnaire. We got married at Cuffey’s Cove, a venue Seb had been wanting to shoot, but had never been before. He did research in advance and when our wedding weekend arrived, Sebastien immediately got to work to find the best spots to shoot.

Sebastien is full of positivity and energy and has the unique ability to oscillate between directing photos and blending into the background to get the best result. Like our engagement shoot, he had games for us to play during our couple portraits that calmed our nerves and be present in the moment. Sebastien had our family and friends smiling and laughing with his humor during formal portraits, and was a big part of making our reception the incredibly fun dance party it was, all while getting every shot. He also took more couple portraits of us the following day, because there was no chance for our cliffside sunset photos due to timing and lack of sun the night of our wedding. We’re so thankful for that last set of images!

When we received the photos, we were beyond happy with every one of them (and there are many!). Seb delivered them much more quickly than we expected, as well. My husband called him a ninja, because when reviewing the galleries, we noticed that Seb seemed to be everywhere at once, getting multiple angles of the same moment stealthily. Not once was he in the way or detracting from a moment. He truly is impressive and when you hire him, you don’t need a second shooter. Seb took photos of the surrounding area before our wedding that set the scene, beautiful details shots, priceless candid photos, and the most amazing portraits of my husband and me that we’ll ever have. We’re so grateful. Love you, Seb!

Sent on 06/26/2019
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 16
  • Jenifer

Jenifer Herman · Married on 03/29/2019

Highly Recommended!

Sebastien far exceeded our expectations for our wedding photos! I don't like taking photos or being the center of attention so I knew our photographer had his or her work cut for them. Sebastien made it so easy, he was so thorough and listened to exactly what we wanted. He was easily able to accomodate my fear of attention and captured so many good moments. It was like he was one of the family guests, so friendly and easy to talk to. His style and vision is so unique and it takes my breath away everytime I look at our photos

Sent on 06/19/2019
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 17
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 18
  • Leita

Leita Covington · Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing Photographer!

Sebastien is a true artist. He not only has an eye but also an amazing personality to match. Everyone who interacted with him at our wedding spoke highly of him and how much they enjoyed having him as our photographer. He has a wonderful energy and makes you feel so comfortable. We are in love with all our imagery and the richness of the colors that make his style unique. Thank you, Sebastien!!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 19
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 20
  • Elisa

Elisa · Married on 12/28/2018

Absolutely Fantastic!!

Sebastien shot our engagement photos in Big Sur in November of 2018 and he exceeded our expectations in every way!! He was very communicative up front and really got to know us before our photo session. The day of our session he made us feel so at ease and it was a truly enjoyable and memorable time for us. Then, he got the fully edited photos to us SO fast and they looked absolutely GORGEOUS! I cried when I saw them and multiple people have told us they are the most beautiful engagement photos they have ever seen. I can only say positive things about Sebastien, he is insanely talented and was born to be a photographer. (I am a photographer myself so I am super picky!) He is also an incredibly kind person and is a joy to be around. He has given us photos we will treasure forever and we are so so grateful.

Sent on 01/01/2019
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 27
  • JASON

Jason Freeman · Married on 10/24/2018

Outstanding

One of the most top-notch photographers to work with. Every shot he does he put so much effort into making sure you look amazing. He has a style that is original and never copied. From the moment my wife and I booked him, we were more than just client he was a friend. He takes so much personal time getting to know you. He was up front and on point about everything he did. One of the best parts he felt like a family member, by the end of the night. We can't say enough how happy our pictures came out!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2018

Best artistic photographer ever!

Sebastien Bicard is one of the most talented wedding photographers in the United States, if not the world. Once I looked at his Instagram profile, I knew that he was our guy. With Sebastien it is not just wedding photography, it is art. He photos feel like they should be hanging in a gallery somewhere or gracing the pages of Vogue. He has such an innovative and incredible eye, and such a stellar personality to boot. He loves love and it shows. From the constant communication (everything from body image to the name of everyone involved) to checking in with us the day of about everything and anything, I knew that I could trust him with the most important day of our lives. Most weddings you have a few great photos, Sebastien gave us hundreds. I wept when I saw the pictures, they were so beautiful. All my friends on social media have commented, “Who was your photographer? These are amazing!” Every guest commented on how fun and talented Sebastien was, as he found the coolest corner for the most interesting shot, asking how did you find someone so phenomenal. We feel beyond blessed by the images and memories Sebastien has left us for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/20/2018

Seriously the best---book him now!

We found Sebastien on Junebug weddings and were instantly impressed by his talent, the authenticity of his photos, and the emotions he captures in his photos. We spoke with Sebastien over the phone and immediately felt at ease with him. We really appreciated that he took the time to get to know us and to share information about himself so that we could figure out if he would be a good fit for us.

We had a blast during our engagement session—despite some very blustery winds and having to lug our outfit changes with him, Sebastien was so positive, encouraging and joyful. He helped us to connect with our emotions during the session and made us feel comfortable being vulnerable in front of the camera. We were blown away by our engagement photos and how incredible they were.

On our wedding day, Sebastien was a huge source of positivity—his humor and energy helped to calm our nerves, and our friends and relatives all raved about Sebastien’s outgoing personality. Sebastien manages to seamlessly and unobtrusively integrate himself into the wedding day, while capturing the most stunning and creative photos. Our wedding photos turned out better than we could have ever hoped for. We were also impressed by how prompt Sebastien was with his turnaround time and how quickly we got to see our photos. We can not recommend him highly enough—our wedding day would not have been the same without him. Needless to say we will be trying to recruit him to document all major life events in the future.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Marisa · Married on 09/14/2018

Best decision ever!

Working with Sebastien was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding! He was extremely easy to work with from start to finish. He was very organized providing us with questionnaires to get to know us better, make us feel comfortable on our engagement shoot to knowing exactly what photos we needed for our wedding. He really kept us on track, which was nice considering all the other things that were going on during the planning process. It is also not hard to love his personality, even our guests complimented his high energy and charm. But most importantly of all, Sebastien was able to capture the most beautiful photos we have ever taken. We will no doubt be cherishing them for a lifetime, and to me that is priceless! Thank you again Sebastien, we couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 28
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 29
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 30

Sebastien Bicard Photography's reply:

Merci Marisa!!! I'm so honored to have been there with you and I just want to hang out with you again soon!!

Joellene · Married on 09/09/2018

Not only is Sebastien an amazingly talented photographer, he’s down to earth and super fun to work with! Sebastien exceeded our expectations from the moment we spoke to him online. We had an epic experience during our engagement shoot- it felt like my wife and I were on this adventure out in nature and we had Sebastien there to document it! Our engagement photos were breathtaking and every single wedding photo brought all the feels! We admire his passion for photography and his natural and organic style. He does an excellent job at capturing the mood. My wife and I are awkward in front of the camera but he did an impressive job helping us be ourselves and captured those spontaneous moments so beautifully. He was very professional, organized and helpful throughout the wedding planning process. He really took the time to get to know us and also spent time to address any questions or concerns we had. Despite how stressful weddings can be, especially in the thick of wedding season, Sebastien was enthusiastic, calm, and focused while working extremely hard to get photos of every little detail, every person, and every moment at our wedding! We can’t thank you enough Sebastien! Thanks for being part of our special day :)

Sent on 10/14/2018

Tayler Sale · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing adventurous photographer! Top quality product!

I cannot stress how HIGHLY I recommend Sebastien for your wedding and engagement photography needs!!!! He is a super cool and fun guy overall, and that makes your photo session very easy going and fun and he has the best energy for your wedding day. All of our bridal party and guests were raving about how energetic and fun he was to have around! Aside from the fact that he is fun to be around he takes the most breathtaking and GORGEOUS photos! Seriously, we can not stop ooing and ahhing over our photos!! To this day people keep coming up to me and saying how gorgeous our wedding photos are. Sebastien was a dream to work with. He was super organized and responsive. Seriously even when he was working 3 or 4 weddings in a weekend he was still replying to emails within 1-2 days. He had so much information that was helpful for planning our day, tips for preparing for the wedding day, and even picking out our outfits for engagement shots. We had an idea of where we wanted our engagement shots done but he had location suggestions that turned out to be AMAZING! He really knows his stuff and he knows his way around California. Not in Cali? He will travel to you and loves adventure! If you are nervous about posing in front of a camera, don't be. Sebastien has little games and tasks for you to do while shooting so that he can capture the natural silly and organic moments between the two of you. The fact that he captured natural moments was one of my favorite things about our photos. He also took time to learn more about us through a questionnaire beforehand so he had an idea of who we were before the shoot. Sebastien was professional, responsive, super fun, and delivered the highest quality of product. I will cherish my engagement and wedding photos forever and I am so so so grateful that I found him to be our photographer!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Justin · Married on 07/21/2018

Sebastien is awesome! Not only is Seb full of energy and smiles, he has an amazing eye and delivers some of the most beautiful cinematic art. My wife and I first met Seb online. Our intro video call, which was supposed to last about 30 minutes, ended up going almost for almost 2 hours, as we shared countless stories and laughs. We knew right away Seb was the right man to photograph our wedding. From the start, he was very organized and detailed, and really took the time to get to know us as a couple.

On the day of the wedding, Sebastien showed up right on time and ready to rock! If you’ve never met Seb, you’re in for a treat. He floated seamlessly around the venue, capturing every moment from different angles and perspectives. In addition to candid moments, Seb is a pro at directing set shots. Everyone involved loved his flair and charisma.

Our photos were finalized and available in just a couple weeks. Needless to say, we were super impressed and very happy with the results. We would not hesitate to recommend Sebastien for any photography needs and hope to keep in touch as friends. Thanks Seb!

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 31
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 32
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 33
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 34

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Sebastien was not only a blast to work with, but also delivers absolutely beautiful pictures. We did both our engagement photoshoot and our wedding with Sebastien, and have so many epic pictures from both. For our engagement session, we elected to go big and do an adventure road trip photoshoot. We met Sebastien for the first time at the Las Vegas airport, and immediately he put us at ease. We then spent the next three days in the car with him, driving through three different states, exploring different parks, all while having a blast with the different photo shoots. Sebastien is super easy to get along with and is extremely hardworking. When we saw him again for our wedding, it felt like we had another friend there supporting us for the day. We had so many compliments from our family and friends about the respectful way he interacted with them and how they enjoyed watching him work- all the different angles he'd get (while still being discreet). They felt like if he needed to dangle from a tree upside down to get a good angle, he'd do it! :) I highly, HIGHLY recommend Sebastien Bicard for any type of photoshoot you want to do, and especially if you want to have a crazy cool road trip adventure photoshoot!

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 35
    Sebastien Bicard Photography 36

jason · Married on 06/02/2018

WORTH IT. Sebastien is the most detailed and personable photographer I've met. He gets amazing shots and makes you feel completely comfortable in front of the lens. He's not only an incredibly gifted photographer, but someone you want as your friend! Sebastien absolutely helped make our wedding weekend unforgettable. Do yourself a favor and hire him!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2018

Seb was amazing! Prior to our wedding day, he had us fill out a questionnaire about our relationship. On the day of the wedding, he used the answers from the questionnaire to guide us through conversations to elicit genuine expressions. This is a photographer who does his homework! His enthusiasm and approach really took the edge off of the awkwardness of a photoshoot. We loved our photos and would highly recommend Seb!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Christina · Married on 01/27/2018

This is a year overdue, but better late then never! My now husband and I had Sebastien take our engagement photos...in the freezing cold, in the dead of winter at Lake Tahoe. I loved the look of Sebastien's work and luckily he is from the Sacramento area and was willing to travel to Lake Tahoe for us. We managed to set-up this shoot on rather short notice, since the snow season is only so long. Sebastien was great at communication and was just on top of everything. The day of was less than ideal...not only was it freezing, the wind on top of the mountain was insane, but Sebastien was so energetic, he kept us going through it all. Luckily, we ended our photo shoot by the lake with less wind, but no less enthusiasm from Sebastien. He really is a bundle of energy and really fun to work with. He never lost site of keeping us at the forefront of his shots, while also making sure to include the gorgeousness of our surroundings. Thanks for the beautiful photos!!!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Pia · Married on 11/24/2017

My fiance and I had an engagement shoot with Sebastien recently. My fiance generally hates photoshoots and other wedding related activities but Sebastien made the experience so much fun that the time went by super fast. Sebastien had us playing fun little games during and we truly felt like we bonded throughout the session. The pictures also came out amazing - every single one of the pictures were as good as the ones you see on his social media profiles. As my fiance said, he is brilliant at composition. You will not regret hiring him as your photog. I can't thank him enough for these beautiful photos we will cherish forever! :)

Sent on 10/17/2017

Sonja · Married on 11/20/2017

We are so grateful we had Sebastien for our intimate California wedding in Nov 2017. He is a talented and rare photographer who can capture the feeling and emotions of a day through beautiful candid images. Other things to know about him are that he has a bright, fun personality and he is professional and easy to work with.

The biggest piece of evidence is the photos themselves. Every single one of our photos is visually stunning, whether it’s the smallest detail close-up, natural landscapes in the background, or an emotional portrait. Moreover, the photos truly tell a story because of his candid style. Nothing was staged, yet every image is beautiful. All the details that made our day special and unique were captured. When we looked at our photos, we felt like we were reliving our wedding day and it brought back all of our emotions. That is the best gift we could ask for.

You should also know that the entire process of working with Sebastien was so pleasant. All of our communication (both pre-wedding and on the wedding day) felt so natural because he sets the tone of a friend, rather than a client/vendor relationship. Our family and friends all gushed over Sebastien’s playful and fun personality and they didn’t want him to leave at the end of the day!

Sebastien is an absolute professional of the highest quality. While he seemed relaxed, he was buzzing around capturing all of the important moments. His techniques for posing us during our couple’s sessions were so fun and not awkward at all. He got all of the important shots during the ceremony, but some how didn’t distract at all. We got our photos back very quickly. And finally, his user interface (which you will use to view your photos) is great.

Sent on 01/06/2018

sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

Wow, where do I begin! Sebastien's commitment and passion for photography is absolutely remarkable. From the second we showed interest in booking him, his enthusiasm and fun demeanor were infectious. He took on the task of photographing our wedding with the same seriousness given to a larger scale project, and showed the professionalism and attention-to-detail that made us feel at ease in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding day. Although he certainly has a very busy schedule, he still prioritizes every job, and I would definitely recommend making it a point to meet and discuss the plan for the day with him as much as possible ahead of time (especially if you can do a venue walk-through with him).

When the day of the wedding finally arrived, there was Sebastien, ready to take us through the next few hours with charm and tenacity. He expertly guided both of us through each photo setup like he was crafting a piece of art, making sure we were always in the best light while giving us little suggestions to keep us comfortable. His hilarious expressions and wild personality were a high-light and something our wedding guests talked about for days after the fact (like the way he would loudly exclaim 'BAM!' after nailing a photo he was pleased with).

But the best part of the experience was seeing the photos after he sent them to us. The way he was able to capture moments with an incredible eye for lighting and composition gave us such pleasure in knowing we picked the right guy for the job. These are photos that we'll cherish for the rest of our lives, and we're beyond thrilled that we trusted Sebastien to capture them for us.

Sent on 11/24/2017