Wedding Gown Cleaning Reviews

14 | Seattle, WA

14 Reviews for Wedding Gown Cleaning

• W

Whitney · Married on 07/19/2014

Mike at National Drycleaners did an amazing job cleaning my dress after our out door wedding. It looks absolutely brand new so now I can sell it with ease! I was even given a certificate so the next bride knows it was taken care of the right way.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Jane · Married on 05/05/2012

Ok brides,
    This is a no-brainer when it comes to The Place To Go for dress cleaning care in the Western WA area.

I purchased a gown online that needed a professional cleaning before I could take it to be altered. Mike Erstad seriously is a specialist and he put my fears to rest. He knows his stains, materials, processes and everything else that you could be obsessing over in this field. My dress came back right on time, clean as a whistle, with all koodies of the dress's few years as a sample washed off. Mike is really nice and you'll know that you've found your meistro when you meet him.

Anyhow, I didn't want to take my dress to one of those random shops that tacks on "we do wedding dresses" to their signage; I wanted an expert and THANK GOODNESS that's what I found. They are only only place in town that are officially part of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists.

Enjoy! PS- now I'm having my dress cleaned again post-wedding. We partied hard and I have too much love for that dress and the centerstage memories of my wedding day to not do my best for it! THANKS Mike!!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Sarah · Married on 03/17/2012

I received a flyer for National Drycleaners at the Seattle Wedding Show. After my outdoor photo shoot, wedding, and reception the bottom few inches of my wedding dress were absolutely filthy, so I called National Drycleaners. I spoke to Mike Erstad, who was very friendly and knowledgeable. He gave me some basic information over the phone and then set up an appointment for me to come in with my dress so he could give me a quote for cleaning and preservation.

National Drycleaners is conveniently located near my home in Ballard. I went in and met with Mike and felt very confident in his ability to take care of my dress. The total cost ended up being $296.84 which might seem high, but it included for hand cleaning and anti-sugar stain treatment (to detect and remove invisible sugar stains, because some stains, like champagne and cider, are invisible, but can turn yellow over time), and preservation for storage in an acid free preservation box with an oval window made of polypropylene (an inert plastic that will not yellow or damage the gown). My veil was also cleaned and placed in the box for no additional fee.

The entire process took just about two weeks and I was contacted as soon as my dress was done so I could pick it up right away. It was cleaned beautifully and you would never know that it was dragging on the ground all day long.

National Drycleaners was extremely professional and friendly, and their service was exceptional and I feel reasonably priced for what I got.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Amanda · Married on 08/13/2011

I bought my dress in Ireland (all European design and Irish lace) and it was a floor model and the tag had been worn off so the materials in the dress were unknown. National Drycleaners were so careful with my dress and so accommodating to the fact that I needed it cleaned over a weekend because I lived in Eastern Washington (no wedding gown specialists there). They cleaned it before the wedding because it was a floor model at the boutique I bought it from and it was quite dirty. When I got it back, it looked like a whole new dress. It was beautiful and in perfect condition. I also took my dress back there after the wedding to have it preserved and they were kind to give me a discount since I had it cleaned there before the wedding. Their staff is patient and has the old fashioned quality customer service that many businesses lack in our generation. I will recommend them to all of my friends getting married in the near future.

Sent on 03/08/2012

James · Married on 05/23/2010

I take my clothes for cleaning here usually but i must they National Dry Cleaners are experet for Cleaning wedding dresses. No other Dry Cleaners can do what they can. I say they have the magic, the expertise !

Sent on 06/23/2010

sophie · Married on 06/17/2009

One word: FANTASTIC! I brought my dress here a few days before my wedding to have it cleaned and pressed. I picked it up the day before and it looked phenomenal! When I did this I was told I could bring it back for $100 off a preservation, which I did and it looks beautiful in the box as well! Everyone inspected my gown carefully and seemed to really care that I was happy with the results! I would recommend them to anyone and will be returning for regular dry cleaning as well!

Sent on 08/26/2009

Caitlin · Married on 09/22/2007

Super great service!!! I took my gown to be cleaned so I could sell it to a consignment shop. The consignment shop owner was really impressed with the condition of the gown given the ceremony was outdoors. National Dry Cleaners was extremely professional, cleaned my dress in a timely manner and had super great customer service! They are also a great dry cleaning shop for all of your clothes and I have even brought them some odd shaped items like floor pillows without removable covers and they always do a FANTASTIC job!!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 04/12/2011

Beverly · Married on 02/27/1990

I take all of my cleaning here. The best quality I have ever seen, they do all of there own work and have been around forever. I like the fact that they use alternative cleaning fluids. The owner at National is a certified Wedding gown specialist and cleans many many gowns. Whether the gown gets cleaned and hung for the wedding day or preserved in a lovely wedding chest National does an excellent job with great service and a 100% guarantee on their preservation work. National is the Best!

Sent on 02/26/2010

Elizibeth · Married on 07/07/2008

My wedding dress was taken in to National Dry cleaners before the wedding and they did an exceptional job cleaning and pressing it. I had gotten some make up on my dress during a fitting. It was taken care of personally and thoroughly. After they pressed and cleaned it, they gave me a $100 credit towards the cleaning and preservation of my gown! The staff was great !

Sent on 11/17/2008

I took in my wedding dress to get cleaned and preserved. National Cleaners did an amazing job and the staff was very friendly. My wedding dress means a lot to me and I definitely paid more to have my dress professionally preserved. It is recommended to make an appointment when dropping off the dress for a short consultation, inspection and going over the options. The cleaning/preservation was also ready quite a bit earlier than the planned finishing date.

Sent on 10/22/2015

A. · Married on 01/01/2011

After researching dry cleaners in Seattle, National Drycleaners was the clear choice. They let me do what I want with my dress, they spent several phone conversations answering all of my questions, they were a pleasure work with, and they have competitive prices. I also took some regular cleaning to them, and they got out tough stains. I'd trust National Drycleaners with my most precious clothing!

Sent on 04/05/2011

Kristina · Married on 07/25/2009

Great gown preservation. Comes in a nice box with a window. Took about 2 weeks. Total cost was about $175 I think.

Sent on 04/09/2010

Sarah · Married on 07/11/2009

Very attentive and made me feel safe leaving my gown in their care. I had an outdoor wedding so my gown got pretty muddy and dirty, but they returned it to it's original beauty. Now I have my gown at home in one of their preservation boxes with a lifetime guarantee against any yellowing. The service was excellent and I would recommend National to everyone for their wedding gown care.

Sent on 02/23/2010