Seattle String Quartet Reviews

14 Reviews for Seattle String Quartet

1 User photo

• Y

Yan · Married on 05/26/2018

As a former violin player, I really wanted to have a violin-cello duo for our wedding and I had some very particular song choices in mind. I spent hours listening to samples from different string groups around the Puget Sound, and we ended up hiring the Seattle String Duo due to a combination of fair, straightforward pricing and their sound samples sounded the best (in tune, the right tempo, etc.). Even though their pricing changed between my initial inquiry and when I formally hired them, they were so kind as to honor the initial estimate.

I worked with Elaine and Jan ahead of time on logistics and song selections and they were very friendly and willing to accommodate, without an extra charge, the specific selections I had in mind, even though it wasn't listed as part of their normal repertoire. Elaine gave me the best advice too-- to make sure to wait a few seconds before making my grand entrance as the bride. :-)

Day of, Barb and Jim played our ceremony and cocktail hour and they were absolutely amazing. Their years of professional experience shone through as they played selections ranging from classical to pop/rock to Disney (our genre choices), which contributed to an elegant atmosphere to our ceremony and cocktail hour.

If you're looking for a string group, don't do what I did and waste a lot of time listening to endless sound samples-- just hire the Seattle String Quartet!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Seattle String Quartet's reply:

Dear Yan, Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your articulate review and praise. Sincerely, Elaine
  • Nicole & Lydell

Nicole L. · Married on 05/25/2018

The String Trio arrived early to ensure strings were tuned perfectly before guest arrived. They did a fabulous job and have no complaints!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Larisa · Married on 07/22/2017

We booked their harp player and violinist for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were wonderful, sounded gorgeous, and our guests were moved by their music. They have a selection of song ideas on their website, but are also open to custom songs (for walking down the aisle to, etc.).

Sent on 08/13/2017
  • Mark

Mark · Married on 10/17/2015

We (my wife and I) were so very happy with Jan and her string quartet. We asked for them to play Titanium and Just Like Heaven and they jumped on learning the sheet music and played the music as if they were Cure and Sia/David Guetta Fans forever themselves. The music they played made our wedding that much more special and we highly recommend them for your special day.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Thank goodness the Seattle String Quartet was available to play at our wedding! They were Heaven-sent! We had engaged another group 5 months earlier and were disappointed by the lack of communication and commitment. It turned out to be a blessing- as we found the perfect (5 star) alternative in the SSQ!!! The music was divine, and the musicians could have been plucked right out of the philharmonic (as their backgrounds reflect). After our disappointment with the first group I was embarrassed to contact Elaine so close to our wedding, and then was amazed at how quickly she mobilized and arranged everything. I also found it a bit odd to be talking with Pastor Jan, Elaine's partner in Kansas, to discuss music for a wedding in Seattle, but worry was unfounded. After I spent hours on the internet searching for music Jan suggested the perfect pieces to co-ordinate with the different parts of our ceremony. We could not be happier with the results and highly recommend Seattle String Quartet for a perfect venue!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Seattle String Quartet's reply:

It was a joy working with you. Thank you so much for the wonderful review.

The Seattle String Quartet was extremely easy to work with. They played a critical role in our ceremony and would absolutely use them again. Not only were they great to work with, they performed extremely well, so all in all a group I'm happy to endorse.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Seattle String Quartet's reply:

We truly appreciate your kind words.
  • User5350474 · event on: 08/01/2015

The Seattle String Quartet's music was the highlight of my mother-in-law's 90th birthday dinner. Delicious food and wine, lovely garden setting at a winery, smiling guests. All these elements would have fallen flat if not for the Seattle String Quartet imbuing the atmosphere with music graceful and at perfect tempo.

One guest suggested the musicians wear colors other than "mournful" black. And we weren't quite sure if we sure tip or how much.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Seattle String Quartet's reply:

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I agree wearing colorful attire would have been fun for the occasion. However, professional musicians wear concert black and tuxedos unless requested otherwise. Gratuities are never expected but always appreciated. Sincerely, Elaine

Angela · Married on 07/31/2015

My fiancé and I are the classy, traditional, romantic type who knew that we wanted live music at a wedding and not just songs playing from a CD, so when we came across the Seattle String Quartet, we knew we had found our dream wedding music! We never realized that we could afford this reality or that it existed! The music was delicate, whimsical, absolutely beautiful, and exactly what we had dreamed of for our wedding...and we could afford it!!! Their website was informative and very easy to navigate. We were able to select from a variety of packages at what we considered a very reasonable price and were able to sample their music to get a taste of what they sounded like. Whenever we had questions (which, we had many!) Elaine Ekstedt replied either right away or fairly quickly so that we almost never had to wait. She was kind, personalble yet flexible, flexible, and had very direct, comprehensive, thorough answers! We special requested several pieces that were very significant to my fiancé and myself and they were able to accommodate that, too! During the time when we were debating whether our wedding would take place out of state or in state, but we really wanted to take the Seattle Quartet with us, Elaine even offered us their CD. Weddings aren't just business to her...she really cared to make our wedding as special and as close to our dream as she could. If we had another special occasion that requires classy, beautiful, breathtaking music, I wouldn't hesitate to go directly to the Seattle String Quartet. I would recommend them to anyone who lives in the Seattle area. They are truly a gem!!!!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Cathy · Married on 07/12/2015

We had the harp and string quartet for our wedding ceremony. They were all we had hoped they would be. The music was beautifully played. The music is such an important component of the wedding and they were perfect. Their professionalism was exceptional. I really enjoyed working with the harpest ahead time in deciding the music to be played. She was flexible and I knew that she understood what atmosphere I wanted to create. I can not recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Seattle String Quartet's reply:

Thank you, Cathy, for taking time to leave this review. We appreciate your kind words and the musicians expressed to me their joy in working with you.
  • W

William · Married on 09/21/2014

The Seattle String Trio was professional, unobtrusive and added a wonderful ambience to both the ceremony and the reception that followed. They were very responsive and helpful in the selection of music for the ceremony. During the reception the trio played their own selections which were appropriate, well played, and well received. We could not have been happier and I would recommend them without reservation.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Seattle String Quartet's reply:

Thank you for this wonderful review. You were great to work with. Blessings on your marriage

Lovely music...were willing to play things not on their standard playlist...made our ceremony extra special and our cocktail and dinner hour elegant.

Sent on 06/22/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/18/2011

Pastor Jan and his team provided the perfect music to compliment our garden cermony. We would definately recommend to others wanting a string quartet.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Tremendous experience. They were responsive, and easy to work with and then performed perfectly. I'd gladly recommend to a friend.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Tracy · Married on 09/19/2015

Music was good, vendor was fairly easy to book. No issues with the service.

Sent on 10/22/2015