Search Party Reviews

Search Party 2
  • Charles

Charles Miller · Married on 06/08/2019

Truly Gifted Musicians

I just wanted to Thank Charlie and the Search Party Band for performing at my daughters wedding this past weekend (6-8-19). Each musician individually was exceptional and as a unit the talent is undeniable. All the singers were just incredible. Sarah, Neph and the trumpet player (sorry, I did not know his name) have voices that will truly leave you wanting more when the evening finally has to draw to a close. Search Party has a large repertoire of songs from which to draw. One can select each song, a direction or genre, or just go with the flow of the evening as we did. I know the band plays at a lot of events and one may blur into another but their performance at my daughter's wedding was truly stellar. Everyone asked who the band was and couldn't stop talking about how great the band was. I know our wedding was a smaller one at the City Winery but I believe there is no substitute for live music. I would not hesitate to see this band perform in any forum. The band really made the evening special and memorable.

Thank you again to Charlie and each member of the band for providing a major component in the success of our event and creating a very, very special evening.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    Search Party 3
    Search Party 4

Adam B · Married on 05/03/2019

Search Party is Amazing!!

Search Party was incredible. The band literally lit up the dance floor and I've only heard rave reviews from all of our guests that were in attendance for our wedding.

Charlie was more than accommodating in schedule, songs played and overall providing comfort that they'd provide a stellar experience for the night. I'm trying to think of excuses for parties to throw just so we can have them again!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Stephanie Zujkowski · Married on 04/17/2019

April Wedding

Search Party was the best choice we could have made for our wedding at the State Room in Boston. The dance floor was packed all night long! We are still getting complements about how amazing the music was, and everyone was thrilled with the selection. Thank you Charlie and the rest of the band for an unforgettable night, we are forever grateful!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Karen · Married on 12/01/2018

Talented Band for Your Wedding

Hiring an amazing band was very important to us... it was so important, we decided to find the band first then pick our date! We saw many bands in the area, but as soon as we saw Search Party - our search ended - we knew right away that they were the band for our big day.

Leading up to our wedding, Charlie was always extremely responsive and answered any questions we had. We were so impressed he even visited our venue before to ensure the best set up. Just a true professional.

At our wedding, every single member of the band was incredible. They are all very talented. Not only were we impressed, our guests said it was the best band they have ever heard and we have been asked for their contact information. We also had the piano at our ceremony & the jazz trio at our cocktail hour - just WOW! It was just a nice touch to our wedding and so fun to listen to them play.

Knowing how much we loved the entire band before our wedding & how they have been together for a very long time, we were a bit nervous that there was a new female singer (Megan). Megan & Search Party did NOT disappoint! Her voice is incredible and combined with the amazing male singer & the talent of the entire band - WOW! The performance we got at our wedding was even better than when we booked them. Hire them now!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Melissa · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolutely fantastic!

Search Party exceeded all expectations! Charlies was so responsive and easy to work with and gave us a lot of great ideas. We had so many friends and family members tell us how awesome they were... they kept everyone dancing all night long!

Sent on 12/15/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Zurek · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing party band!

Search Party brings it all night long. From the first note to the last, the band had everyone on their feet. One of my favorite memories from the day is the sound of the horns at the beginning of our first dance. This eight-person band has a good mix of instruments and tremendous vocalists. We were looking for a band that had horns, was not too big, and also had two vocalists. Search Party fit the bill and had rave reviews. Our guests could not stop dancing and have not stopped talking about how great Search Party was. Additionally, Tom Pendergast played acoustic guitar during the ceremony and cocktail hour. This was the perfect accompaniment to our garden wedding. Thank you, Search Party! We highly recommend hiring Search Party!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Andrea · Married on 10/21/2017

Search Party went above and beyond to make our wedding day remarkable. From day one we were very impressed with this band. When I reached out for more information Charlie responded so quickly with all the information we needed. He is super prompt and professional in his emails and phone calls. We got to see the band play at a studio very quickly and instantly loved the band. Charlie was awesome, after we signed our contract we booked a walk through of our venue. He told us about how they would setup and more about how our venue would be for the band. They have you fill out some paperwork to so they have a layout of the wedding day and Charlie called two days before the wedding to run through everything with, even that he was pronouncing everyones name right! He is full of amazing tips and advice as well and is always 2 steps ahead of you. Then comes wedding day and just wow. The band is amazing and filed with such talent. They kept our guests out on the dance floor all night! They are able to read the crowd and get more and more people out on the dance floor song after song. We had so many wedding guests coming up to us throughout the night and even after the wedding asking for more information about our band and saying how they were the best wedding entertainment they have ever seen. Honestly booking them will be the best decision you will make for your wedding day.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Nancy · Married on 10/08/2017

At least 1/3 of the guests as well as the bride and groom are professional musicians and all agreed that Search Party was the very best wedding band they had ever heard! As one of them said, they were tasty and tasteful. !!!! If you are lucky enough to book them for your wedding, you’ll have an event that will keep people talking for years to come.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Mandy · Married on 10/07/2017

Search Party was hands down the best band we have ever seen and if we could give a million stars we would in a heartbeat!! We just got married on Saturday (10/7/17) at OceanCliff in Newport, RI and we couldn't wait to rave about how amazing Search Party is in every way! They brought the house down from start to finish and are incredibly talented and energetic. They played our first dance song (Into The Mystic by Van Morrison) perfectly and made our parent dances incredibly special. My dad surprised me and had my sister sing with the band to our song A Thousand Years which turned into Take Me Out To The Ballgame. My dad and sister went to Boston to rehearse with Search Party and had the best time - everyone raved about this performance!! Every song was amazing but I think their version of Shout was the best version we ever heard. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this group and Charlie was SO nice, fun, and easy to work with. Do yourself and your wedding a HUGE service and book Search Party ASAP!!! Thank you for making our day the best ever!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Ken · Married on 10/07/2017

Played at our daughters wedding, they were GREAT to work with, wanted to do something unique for the Father daughter dance and Charlie was more than cooperative to help make it so special for both bride and father. Search Party is a GREAT band and EVERYONE I talked to raved about the quality and professionalism of the music. We had a GREAT time and a large part of that was how good Search Party was

Sent on 10/18/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2017

Search Party exceeded all of our expectations. Leading up to our wedding, Charlie was incredibly responsive and easy to work with, and they helped to make our reception so much fun. This crew BRINGS IT from start to finish. Not only were our guests blown away, but the resort staff kept asking us about them and giving them compliments the next day! If you are looking for a non-stop dance party, led by some incredibly talented musicians, look no further. The night of our wedding, a couple ended up booking them on the spot, so don’t wait! They are amazing and we could not be happier to have had them to help us celebrate our big day!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Tiffany · Married on 12/10/2016

Search Party was great to work with! I'll admit, I can be a picky bride, but Charlie was so easy to get in touch with and the band was extremely accommodating with all of my song requests :) They even learned the song that my dad and I danced to which made it all the more special.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Anne · Married on 10/22/2016

We could not have asked for a better wedding band than Search Party! They played at our wedding in October and our guests are still raving about how incredibly talented they are! Charlie was wonderful to work with and he was extremely responsive, and they nailed the song we requested that they learn for our first dance, "Coming Home," by Leon Bridges. Search Party got everyone onto the dance floor for the entire reception, even my grandmother got up to dance! Guests of all ages were impressed with the caliber of music and the range of genres and decades that they played, from Bobby Darin, to Jackson 5, to Justin Timberlake, to DNCE. Search Party is extremely talented! Several of the members have FANTASTIC voices and they can all seriously play! I still feel so lucky to have had them as our wedding band, definitely book them if you can!!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2016

Search Party is awesome, beyond awesome! We had heard of them from a personal recommendation, my parents had actually been to a wedding where they played 5 years ago, and it was the first band my mom mentioned I should look into! Well it's the only band we looked into seriously, and we booked them without ever seeing/hearing them ourselves, except for their videos posted on the website. And omg, Search Party blew it out of the water! They played at our reception in October 2016. In short, they far exceeded our dreams for our wedding band that night! They are so talented, so easy to work with during the planning process (Charlie, thank you) and at the reception had literally EVERY SINGLE guest up on the dance floor! Our guests are still talking about the band! We are still talking about the band, and how happy we are that we went with them! (Thanks Mom!)
    I highly recommend Search Party! They are hands down, THE BEST!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Leigh · Married on 06/25/2016

Our family, friends, and even our other vendors have not stopped talking about our wedding band!!! What can we say… we knew from the showcase that this band would be a show stopper… and when Neph showed up in a cherry red shirt with matching cherry red shoes, we knew they came ready to party. We cannot even begin to describe the infectious energy their talents incited… our guests became maniacs on the dance floor before dinner had even finished! But more than that, they were so accommodating of special requests, traveling up to Portland, Maine for the event, perfectly executing our first dance song, and helping my husband to surprise me and our guests with a heart-felt serenade that became one of the most special and memorable wedding gifts. All we can say is that we’ve begun the hunt for another excuse to hire them for a repeat performance…

Sent on 07/10/2016

Entertainment was our number one priority for our reception and we decided early on in our wedding planning that we wanted live music. Search Party is amazing! Charlie and the band took care of everything, from our ceremony music, to the cocktail hour, to the reception. They will go above and beyond to learn new songs, and my husband and I had a very unique first dance request and Charlie and the band nailed it. From the first dance to the last, all of our guests were on their feet. You know the band is good when after every song your guests stop and give a round of applause. We really couldn't have asked for anything more. The set list was perfect, the singers were perfect, the whole band was perfect. The energy was through the roof and was exactly what we had hoped for. It's been two months since our wedding and we still have guests tell us how great the band was. If you want everybody to be dancing and having a good time, look no further than Search Party. Worth every penny!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2015

Search Party is full of amazing talent! It is pretty unbelievable how great this band is and we are so happy we were able to book them for our wedding this past fall. They had every guest on the dance floor and the band members even busted out a few awesome moves of their own. Long after the wedding was over people were still bringing up how incredible the band was. Also, I have to mention that they have the absolute best rendition of Shout I have ever heard. I wish I could have danced to their songs all night long! Everyone we spoke to from the band and Murray Hill Talent was extremely responsive and friendly. The band learned two special songs for us and they played and sang them perfectly. Booking Search Party will be the best decision you make for your wedding!

Sent on 03/12/2016

Meghan · Married on 10/11/2015

Search Party played our October Boston wedding and they were absolutely fabulous! Their vocals, instrumentals, energy, and set-list were spot-on, and our guests are still raving about how great they were. I spent most of my wedding night having a blast on the dance floor with our guests, and Search Party is to thank for that. I reached out to Charlie before the wedding and he was extremely responsive and flexible. The band learned our wedding song and another song my mom requested that I knew would get her on the dance floor. At the end of the night, they even let my uncle have a turn on the mike. I would definitely recommend Search Party to anyone looking for a great band in the Boston area!

Sent on 04/06/2016

Emma · Married on 08/16/2015

Search Party was amazing. We had a lot of problems (not related to them) in the months leading up to our wedding and Charlie and the band were kind and accommodating about everything. Perhaps more importantly, they were AMAZING at the wedding. I think every guest came up to me or my husband or our parents to say this was the best band they had ever seen at a wedding. Everyone was on the dance floor until the very end of the night, which was exactly what we wanted. They played the best version of Shout that I have ever heard. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Katie · Married on 08/02/2015

These guys are absolutely incredible! My husband and I can both say without hesitation that Search Party was the easiest, least stressful decision we made for our wedding. We went to see a couple of showcases in Boston but weren't totally impressed with any of the bands that we saw, and ultimately signed on with Search Party without having seen them in person based only on their YouTube videos and other recommendations. We are SO glad we went with Search Party.

We met with Charlie the week before the wedding and we still hadn't figured out the mother-son dance song. Charlie suggested starting with a slower song and then switching to a faster song (that had a special meaning for my husband and his mother) -- this was the best suggestion ever! They started the party with "Jump in the Line" and with that, the entire dance floor was full for the whole set. They never even took a break. These guys are incredible musicians, and the vocalists are unreal. They played every song we requested, and my husband was especially impressed with the Dave Matthews Band instrumentals. There were several musicians in our crowd and they all agreed that there were times they stopped dancing just to watch the musicians.

In addition to just kicking ass the whole time, Search Party played a Queen song for our first dance, modified the lyrics for the father-daughter dance, and completely read the crowd to play a mix of new and classic songs. We also used them for our ceremony and could not be happier with this choice. The guitarist and keyboard player learned a new song for my walk down the aisle and did such a beautiful job. The cost was SO reasonable with the performance that we got. I seriously hope we get to go to another wedding where they're playing so we can enjoy them again. Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Julia · Married on 06/06/2015

Search Party performed at our daughter’s wedding June 2015 at Four Season’s , Boston. They are the best wedding band out there and you need not look further. From an artistic standpoint, Search Party has the most gifted and talented musicians. We auditioned several. Sarah Seminski, one of two lead vocalists, performed “Raise Your Glass” and would have made Pink proud. She cleaned up the lyrics so it was appropriate for all audiences. The other lead, Neph, also amazing as has a wide range of genres.
    The band, extraordinary. They had all generations on their feet all night. They also toned it down during dinner. Charlie, the manager is so easy to work with. They have performed at Four Seasons Boston several time so the entire process was seamless. We recommend Search Party for your next event!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Taiyo · event on 05/16/2015

Charlie was such a pleasure to work with leading up to our event. He was kind and laid back but didn't miss a detail. The band was incredible and a year later people are still talking about how wonderful they were. Thanks for making our event so special.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Search Party played at our daughter's wedding last weekend. They are unbelievable! Everyone was dancing including my 90 year old dad! I was told by many of our guests that it was the best wedding. There are many factors that go into a wedding but the entertainment is a big one. Search Party was so easy to work with and were always responsive to emails and phone calls. This is an easy choice - hire them - they are worth it!!

Sent on 05/16/2015

Christina · Married on 05/02/2015

Search Party was amazing! They kept the party going all night long and sounded perfect. Everyone had a great time and couldn't stop dancing. Definitely would recommend Search Party for an awesome time!

Sent on 06/12/2015

We had 240 people at our wedding and search party had every one dancing! Charlie was great to work with, he listened to what I envisioned the party to look like and he made it a reality. I really wanted to cater to the wedding crowd, meaning I wanted a little top 40 as the night progressed but I wanted a lot of oldies music that everyone could relate to. The band was willing to learn songs for me and I requested at least 3 that they played without any problems! They sound amazing and have a good control of their sound. They also provided me with trumpets for the church and music for the cocktail reception. I trusted Charlie on his ideas and would do it again! It's two weeks later and everyone cannot talk about the band enough. Search party is probably tied only with my florist for my number one vendor! Overall, they were great to work with and really delivered!

Sent on 12/15/2014