Sean Cook Weddings Reviews

Sean Cook Weddings 6
Sean Cook Weddings 7
  • Nmevans25

Nmevans25 · Married on 07/20/2019

You don't just get amazing photos, but also an incredible and fun experience for you, your wedding party and guests!

I wanted an experienced photographer that would be able to not only create and capture beautiful photos of us but also capture many of the candid moments of the event and our guests all night. Sean brought incredible energy and an easy-going, fun personality that put my fiance and me at ease for both the wedding and our engagement photo session. At the wedding, he also brought an assistant that aided in getting over 5000 pictures of us and our friends and family. We also chose to do the portrait booth with a blank black background. It was an absolute hit because of Sean. Anyone that chose to get a portrait basically got a photoshoot of beautiful professional photos. He was funny, made everyone feel comfortable and brought out some amazing photos. I will look at those pictures from our big day with awe forever!

Sent on 09/10/2019
    Sean Cook Weddings 13
    Sean Cook Weddings 14
  • Sarah

Sarah Guldan · Married on 02/17/2019

Our favorite vendor choice!

To preface this, photography was the most important element of our wedding to me. Sean is so amazing to work with and I cannot recommend him enough. My husband and I agree he was our favorite vendor choice throughout our entire wedding (and we loved everything about our wedding!) After we first spoke with him, we interviewed a couple other photographers, and they just paled in comparison just in the way we vibed. Sean went above and beyond for us throughout the entire process, from the engagement shoot through the end of the night of our wedding. We loved our engagement photos so much that we added on a rehearsal dinner shoot and his Portrait Booth, which our guests raved about. I am extremely picky when it comes to photography, specifically with event/lifestyle-type photos. It takes a specific talent to be able to capture emotion, which Sean definitely has. We're looking forward to working with Sean in future lifestyle shoots.

Sent on 07/02/2019
    Sean Cook Weddings 19
    Sean Cook Weddings 20
  • Kayla

Kayla Scott · Married on 01/26/2019

The Best Photographer Ever.

To be honest, I have been working on this review since I first met Sean over three years ago. He was the first vendor I reached out to in our wedding planning process and I did not have any idea where we were going to get married. All I knew was that I needed to have Sean capture our day. A change in plans ended up making our engagement three years long, but I am so glad Sean hung with us to our long awaited wedding day.

Our wedding day seemed like a dream thanks to Sean. He is so personable and approachable. My husband and I are not necessarily comfortable in front of the camera, but Sean did such an amazing job making us feel like naturals. He is humorous and super attentive to every detail. Sean was also a hit with all of our guests and we hear comments from our friends and family saying "WE LOVED YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER!".

You don't just want Sean, you need Sean. He is so talented and you wont regret your decision working with him at all. He will capture your special day in such a classic and timeless manner that it will last for decades and decades. Sean, thank you for everything you did to make our wedding such a memorable occasion (also, braving the cold on our very chilly January day).

Sent on 04/22/2019
    Sean Cook Weddings 21
    Sean Cook Weddings 22
    Sean Cook Weddings 23
    Sean Cook Weddings 24
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 09/14/2018

PSA to Brides: choose your wedding date based on Sean's availability. Seriously.

"Sean Cook" is now a household name in our friends and family circle...for so many reasons!

We found his work on Instagram early in the planning process and fell in love with the soft quality of all of his photos, but when we talked to Sean on the phone, we both loved his down to earth and friendly nature and also how invested he seemed to be in every one of his couples. We ended up hiring him for my bachelorette party, engagement photos, AND our wedding.

On our wedding day, Sean and his assistant were the ones keeping us calm and quite surprisingly doing more organization of our many parts than anyone else. I was told he was handing out waters before our ceremony (a scorching hot day) and also that our flower girl fell in love with him.

Thank you for documenting this special journey from engaged to married, Sean! We are forever grateful to you.

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Sean Cook Weddings 25
    Sean Cook Weddings 26
    Sean Cook Weddings 27
    Sean Cook Weddings 28
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 05/24/2018

10/5 stars!

I’ve struggled to come up with the perfect words to describe our experience with Sean. His art speaks for itself — there’s no doubt that he’s an extremely talented creative and story teller. But I’m here to tell you about working with him and he is a true dream come true! To provide some context, our wedding was in Tulum and it was an intimate group of 28 people — our nearest and dearest. There were a number of things that didn’t go as expected on our wedding day and Sean anticipated my (and my husband’s) every single need. He offered his insights generously and professionally, which made a significant difference in our overall experience. A good example — On the morning of our outdoor, beach ceremony, while it was down pouring, he told me exactly what I needed to hear to get me out of my head and into my heart. More practical example, he showed up to our rehearsal with an insect-repellent-fan-device for my husband after learning how sensitive he is to mosquitos. During our first look photos (after it was already widely known that Sean was fantastic), I commented to Jason how great his pocket square was folded. He whispered “Sean did it” and we both belly laughed.

Sean thinks quickly on his feet, provides real-time solutions and is so proactive that you can almost miss all of the work he’s doing in the background to ensure a seamless experience. In addition, he’s witty, thoughtful, patient and just a pure joy to be around. He immediately became one of our own when it would have been easy to just take role of photographer in a group of our size. My friends and family still talk about how much they love Sean (and two have booked for their own weddings). When I shared photos from our wedding, friends replied “I miss Sean” :) Best decision I’ve made (besides marrying my husband) was choosing Sean to document our special day. Forever grateful!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Bianca · Married on 11/17/2017

Can I give more than 5 stars? Working with Sean was BY FAR the best decision we made for our wedding. He is a true professional and so incredibly talented! We were extremely lucky to have Sean and his wonderful Assistant Aaron, in Mexico with us to photograph all of our wedding events. From beginning to end, the experience was amazing and they could not have been more genuine, kind, flexible, and accommodating.

We are so thrilled with our beautiful photos! Not only did Sean make sure to highlight the things that were important to us, his expertise, attention to detail, and creativity left us with the most insanely gorgeous photos. We are so happy! He captured everything perfectly and all of our family and friends continue to rave about him and his work.

Sean completely exceeded any expectations and went above and beyond at every opportunity. He continued to surprise us with thoughtful gestures and personalized details throughout the week and even after the wedding. He was delightful, personable, and so much fun to be around. He really made this experience so special for us and we are so grateful. We would highly recommend him to anyone and hope we have an opportunity to work with him again someday.

Sent on 02/26/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/28/2017

Sean photographed my cousins wedding (which I was a bridesmaid in) and we loved him so much that I knew I wanted to hire him for my wedding. In fact, we pretty much chose our wedding date based on his availability! I was not disappointed. Even though we haven't gotten our pictures back yet, I have no doubt they will be absolutely gorgeous. Sean really made us feel comfortable - as comfortable as you can for these somewhat awkward photos. He also stays with you for your whole event! Most photographers will set a time limit, and then you miss out on those late night pics! The Portrait Booth is also such a blast! We cannot wait to see these pictures :). Thank you so much to Sean, I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Jeff · Married on 10/21/2017

I honestly can't thank Sean enough for his amazing service. Everyone (I mean, everyone - officiant, groomsmen, to my parents) can't stop talking about how awesome he was to everyone. His portfolio of pictures speak for themselves - they're amazing, but his personality is what is most notable. He made everyone feel great, welcome, and somehow was able to remove any awkwardness that comes with getting pictures taken. People who didn't like to get their pictures taken, felt comfortable with him behind the lens. He is truly brilliant and can turn the most unphotogenic into models.

Worth every penny and then some!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Megan · Married on 09/30/2017

Where do I even begin. I cannot say enough positive things about Sean!
    We were lucky enough to discover Sean through the recommendation of a friend. We reviewed his work online and arranged a phone call and were instantly sold. He has such a passion in what he does-it shows in the way he talks about his work and in what you see. He came out to the west side of Michigan to do our engagement photos last fall, and then again for our wedding this past September. He has this gift for capturing the personality in people and the emotion in the environment. Our wedding party and guests truly RAVED about him after the wedding. Our wedding party said they have never had so much fun taking photos before, our guests absolutely loved the portrait booth, and everyone couldn't believe how much time and energy he put into the day - literally from beginning to end! I truly can't imagine having anyone other than Sean with us that day, he has given us the gift of remembering that whirlwind of a day not only in pictures, but in the feeling that was present at the time they were taken as.
    We are just so grateful!

All the love,
    Megan and Evan Pelc

Sent on 11/15/2017

Caitlin · Married on 03/25/2017

We were so lucky to have Sean as our wedding photographer! Due to unusual circumstances, we didn't meet him in person until the morning of our wedding, but it instantly felt like we were old friends. Throughout the day he was a fun and relaxing presence, staying until the very end of the night and capturing so many tiny and important moments. He directed us just enough for the posed shots that we look great but still natural, and his candids shine even more. The images are beautiful, and they're also honest -- looking at them doesn't feel like looking at a styled magazine shoot (though he made us look fantastic!), it feels like being back at the wedding. Our personalities and emotions, and those of our families and friends, are captured so accurately. We will treasure our photos forever and are so grateful for Sean's talent and kindness!

Sent on 05/10/2017

becca · Married on 07/09/2016

Strongly recommend Sean for your wedding day photos. He was so easy to work with and flexible with our schedule. Sean made my husband and I feel so relaxed the day of our wedding and we couldn't be more pleased with the outcome of our portrait shots. Looking forward to getting the rest. He was a dream :)

Sent on 08/25/2016

Mary Kate · Married on 04/09/2016

Sean was, hands down, our favorite vendor we worked with throughout our entire wedding process. From the moment we spoke with him at a small business wedding show, we knew we connected. He brings so much energy and passion to everything he does. He's a great communicator, and incredibly talented and knowledgeable. We LOVED our engagement photos (and it wasn't even great weather!) and we just can't say enough about how much we truly LOVE our wedding photos. We received countless comments on the photos and will treasure them forever. In addition, his Portraitbooth is truly one-of-a-kind, and some of my favorite photos of the night came from there. If you want a photographer who will capture all the moments, say the right things, and even join you on the dance floor at the end of the night (!!!), Sean is your guy.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Jenny · Married on 10/17/2015

Seriously the best choice I made in all the wedding planning. Sean was amazing through the whole process and everyone was RAVING about how they loved his energy and personality. He made everyone feel comfortable, and while I have only gotten a few photo sneak peeks, I already know the rest are going to be AMAZING. Do yourself a favor and book him now!

Sent on 11/10/2015

We really enjoyed working with Sean. Our photos turned out great (most important)--but he was delightful, responsive and professional. I would highly recommend his services.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Mira · Married on 07/18/2015

Had a wonderful experience working with Sean! He helped us feel comfortable posing for pictures (which I usually hate), was good at directing us 1 on 1 and larger groups while still keeping our feedback in mind and being flexible. He shot with us from 930 to midnight and we had the photobooth at our reception which is a great value - I can't wait to see the final results!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Kori · Married on 09/06/2014

Sean Cook photography was the best decision my wife and I made for our big day. My wife is also a photographer and after "screening" SO MANY others, I was beginning to think that it was hopeless. THEN, we met Sean and immediately fell in love! Not only was he extremely dynamic and professional, but he was a pleasure to simply talk to and be around. Best friends???

He kept in close contact with us the entire duration of planning...which most of you know can be tedious and exhausting. He never made us feel like a burden or like we were super annoying...because we were;) Everything about the planning with Sean was seamless and fun!

Then the big day came! After explaining to Sean how incredibly uncomfortable I was in front of the camera, he put my mind at ease by giving me solid tips on ways to pose and use my body so I wouldn't look awkward...and it worked! His relaxed style during the entire wedding day made the shoot fun and simple. I was SO WORRIED about taking photos all day and being uncomfortable and therefore, embarrassed. It turned out to be quite the opposite. In fact, when we think of our favorite parts of our wedding, we think of our photo shoot with Sean AND his amazing assistant Eva (who couldn't have been more adorable, comfortable, and awesome at her job!)! We didn't want the photo shoot to end!

Toward the end of the evening as we danced the night away, Sean was actually dancing with us WHILE STILL snapping fun photos of us and our guests. Clearly we can't say enough about Sean Cook Photography! We are thrilled to see the rest of our photographs and would HIGHLY recommend Sean Cook to anyone. Why would you go anywhere else???

Thanks Sean and Eva for making our wedding the best day of our lives!

Kori and Lisa

Sent on 11/23/2014

Allison and Sam · Married on 08/09/2014

Working with Sean Cook was absolutely one of the best decisions of our wedding planning process. From our first encounter with Sean at IndieWed, we fell in love with his work and style. Upon meeting with him one one one, we also fell in love with his vision and personality. Sean is a professional through and through - from his talent in capturing amazing moments to how responsive and detail-oriented he is, to his kind disposition. It wasn't just my husband and me who felt this way either. Our families and bridal party thought that Sean (and his second shooter on our wedding day, Aaron) were amazing. Multiple people commented to us at the wedding and afterwards how much energy they both had (dancing with us on the dance floor while still taking photos!), how at ease they made everyone feel, and how beautiful their work turned out. As a further testament, after Sean requested permission to post our photo booth photos on Facebook, our friends and family went crazy tagging themselves and changing their profile pictures. One friend said that Sean "captured a moment in time perfectly" with these pictures and we couldn't agree more.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Sean to anyone looking for an amazingly talented, thoughtful photographer for their special day.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Molly · Married on 07/19/2014

There's no end to the amazing things I can say about Sean Cook. Our wedding was perfect, and the pictures are absolutely stunning! I am actually planning on sending them to wedding blogs--they're that good. And he's not just good at photography. He was so helpful, personable and attentive throughout the wedding, from dealing with all kinds of personalities to cracking jokes and keeping me calm when an hour before the entirely outdoor wedding was about to start, it was raining (it stopped and cleared up, and I didn't have a nervous breakdown!).

Sean offers a package where he does both your engagement and wedding photos, so that he can get to know you and prepare for your wedding. He also brings an assistant at no additional charge AND provides an amazing photo station (like a booth without the booth) which was definitely the hit of the wedding. He also sent me my wedding photos on a flash drive, artfully presented in a booklet with a picture from the wedding on it, in a bed of grass (it was a backyard wedding)! So thoughtful!

Sean is an amazing photographer and a wonderful person, and if you have the pleasure of working with him, you won't regret it.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Petra · Married on 08/03/2013

When we were planning our wedding, there was one person we knew had to be a part of it right away and that was Sean. From the moment he joined our team he was engaged and helpful to make sure our big day would go smoothly -- he asked for specific shots we wanted and what details in the decor or our outfits we wanted to highlight. This attention to detail made sure none of our special touches were missed.

Sean shot our rehearsal dinner first, capturing some amazing moments and really taking the time to get to know our friends and family so he could easily identify them the next day. On our wedding day, he made me feel so at ease and kept our entire bridal party relaxed and smiling for photos that weren't just beautiful, but natural as well. We had a tight time frame for photos and he did everything he could to get all the shots we wanted. At the end of the night, he even set up a makeshift photo booth so we didn't miss anyone. It's that kind of consideration you just don't get everywhere.

When I got the first proofs (while on my honeymoon) I cried instantly. He has such a gift for capturing the right moments. As for the final product, Sean gives you an expertly packaged DVD set that is a gift itself. What an incredible token to remember your big day.

My husband and I say we want him to photograph every major moment in our lives and trust me, we're not joking. Sean will help you look AND feel your best no matter the occasion.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Patrick · Married on 07/27/2018

From our initial consultation with Sean through receiving our wedding photos, we are 100 percent satisfied with having Sean Cook Weddings as our wedding photography team. We planned our wedding from out of state, so our first real contact with Sean was on FaceTime. We clicked right away, and by the end of our wedding, he wasn't just our photographer, but a guest among all of our other friends and loved ones.

Sean has a laid-back and fun personality, but don't let that fool you--behind that, he is incredibly serious about his work. He does his research and has an organized plan for how he is going to approach a shoot. Still, he isn't afraid to improvise when he spots a potentially good shot or to linger when a particular shot is working well. When the unexpected happens, he stays cool and maintains his artistic eye under pressure.

What most impressed us about Sean as a photographer was his ability to capture not just the visual representation, but the emotion, of a given moment. His warmth and easy-going approach made us feel comfortable even while he was meticulously planning each shot. He made us feel (and look) at ease and natural doing something fairly unnatural. The result of that is photography that captures a moment, in all of its dimensions, without making it feel altered. Instead of editing out quirks or imperfections, it celebrates them. His photography has a richness and depth through which you are drawn in and can feel the moment it represents.

We also appreciate how easy it is to access and share all of our photos. After all, what good would these amazing photos be if they weren't easy to get to? The website has an intuitive interface that works well.

So, here's what we got with Sean Cook Weddings. We ended up with photos that don't just remind us of each moment, but take us back there. We were comfortable and had a blast doing it. And the photos are easily accessible so we can relive the moments over and over again.

Sent on 09/14/2018