Sea View House Doolin Reviews

Sea View House Doolin 7
  • Benjamin

Benjamin Germeroth · Getting married on 08/05/2020

Perfect Hosts and perfect Wedding at the Sea View House

We just spent two nights at the Sea View House but would have loved to stay there much longer. Niall and Darra were lovely hosts and we felt really welcomed and comfortable. The house is so perfect with a stunning view and the rooms are just wonderful with comfortable beds and a lovely bathroom. They also served an amazing breakfast, thanks again for that :-). They not only welcomed us into their home but also planned our wedding day. The day was just perfect and better than we could have ever imagined. They took away our nervousness and helped us to make the day unforgettable and we felt like we are with friends. Thank you Niall and Darra again for that wonderful day and for helping us to get everything planned and for answering all our questions (over and over again ;-)) and for bringing us together with so many lovely people like Mike and Bridget. We defenitely gonna come again and highly recommend you to everyone. Wish you the best!

Sent on 05/26/2019
    Sea View House Doolin 14
    Sea View House Doolin 15
    Sea View House Doolin 16

Sea View House Doolin's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review Benjamin.
    It was our pleasure to look after you on your special day.

Niall and Darra
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Boyle · Getting married on 04/04/2020

Best elopement ever!

Everything about our wedding through Sea View House was perfect! We chose the three-night package, which was perfect and gave us plenty of time to explore Doolin and have time to relax after our wedding. Niall and Darra coordinated everything perfectly and made the entire experience stress-free. From the cake to the flowers to the girls to do my hair and makeup, everything was taken care of and done beautifully! We were very comfortable in our room and loved picking out a delicious homemade breakfast every morning. If you are looking for somewhere beautiful to elope, definitely choose Sea View House. They will set you up with all the local vendors and give you several ceremony site options. We are so thrilled we made the choice to elope on the Cliffs of Moher and stay at Sea View House. Everything was perfect and we can't wait to go back someday!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Breana Schadt · Married on 08/15/2019

Fantastic.

From start to finish Niall and Darra made our destination wedding everything we could have dreamed of and more.

My husband and I are from the US and when we got engaged last winter we knew we did not want to have a traditional wedding so I started searching for destination wedding options in Ireland, a place that was on both of our bucket lists. I found the Sea View House on Wedding Wire and after seeing their great reviews on here as well as on TripAdvisor we decided to book with them and have our wedding on the Cliffs of Moher. We had a group of 18 people and due to the recent addition of their 2 beautiful lodges they were able to accommodate us perfectly.

Upon arrival Darra quickly steamed my dress and got us set up in our rooms so that we could immediately start exploring the town of Doolin. The rooms and common areas were warm and welcoming and everything was perfectly clean which was very much appreciated especially after having already been traveling for a few days. Darra made quite a few recommendations for food and drink in town and happily answered any questions we had.

On the day of our wedding they could not have been more helpful. We did hair and makeup in the living room at one of the lodges which provided lots of natural lighting and had large windows looking out at the fields and their two beautiful horses. Their daughter was the makeup artist and did an amazing job on everyone. Our makeup did not budge all day even on the windy cliffs!

Every detail was taken care of including getting a bus for our party up to the cliffs. I highly recommend doing this as the road is very tight and the bus was able to drive right up to the ceremony location which otherwise would not have been fun for everyone to walk to.

Niall stayed and helped literally hold down the fort (it was sooo windy!) during the ceremony. We decided since it was so windy that we would go back to the lodges and take our family pictures in their beautiful, spacious backyard that just so happens to have a view of a castle. Dreamy.

After pictures we had dinner at OAR based on their recommendation, which was delicious, and spent the rest of the night dancing and hanging out in the kitchen at the lodges which was just perfect for us.

Every single vendor that was recommended to us by Niall and Darra was amazing. Everyone involved truly went above and beyond to make our day the best it could be. It is obvious that anyone they recommend is truly someone worthy of the recommendation which was very much appreciated especially coming from the US and not knowing anything about the area.

This is a terribly long review and I could keep going but hopefully by now if you were at all interested in booking your wedding through the Sea View House that this review will have you sold. Their home is beautiful, clean, affordable and run by 2 amazing people who truly care about their guests and their experience. (Darra buttoned up my wedding dress and Niall fixed my necklace when it broke. Seriously.) Not to mention how lovely the town of Doolin is! We will definitely be back for an anniversary trip in the future.

Thanks Niall and Darra!!

Sent on 09/07/2019
    Sea View House Doolin 17
    Sea View House Doolin 18
    Sea View House Doolin 19
    Sea View House Doolin 20

Sarah Jamison · Married on 06/18/2019

Seaview house

My now husband and I are both from Texas. We were nervous to pay for a wedding abroad but I have zero regrets! The day of our wedding we still were missing our luggage. Not only that but some of our family still hadn't arrived yet! Dara and Nial helped push the wedding back, told us where to go shopping to get some of the missing items, and even let my sister borrow a dress when the airline lost her luggage too!
    I cannot recommend them enough!

Thanks Seaview House!

Sent on 08/17/2019

Emma Davis · Married on 05/30/2019

Best wedding ever!

Niall and Darra were the best hosts we could have asked for. They made our day, and the planning of our day go so smoothly. The location is amazing. The food and rooms are done if the best I’ve experienced. I could not have asked for more!

Sent on 08/16/2019
    Sea View House Doolin 21
    Sea View House Doolin 22

James Riley · Married on 04/06/2019

Sea View House was exactly what we wanted

We just got married this past March in Doolin, at the Sea View House, and Niall and Darra couldn't have been better. They had everything organized, including moving everything up by an hour on the day of (!) to try to avoid bad weather. Our wedding ended up just perfect, and we can't recommend them and the Sea View House highly enough.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Carly · Married on 09/05/2018

Niall and Darra were so warm and welcoming. They went above and beyond to make us feel at home! They ensured that everything was perfect for our wedding ceremony and took special care of us on our day. On days that we had nothing planned, they directed us into the most incredible adventures. We couldn’t say enough about how incredible this couple and the Sea View House truly is!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Lucy · Married on 08/15/2018

Thank you Niall and Dara for a home away from home at the Sea View House. My husband and I had a stellar stay and wedding ceremony. Niall and Dara took care of every little detail so we could focus on enjoying the day. They also provided us with helpful suggestions for places to eat and visit and they even helped us book a hotel for one of the days on our stay that we had not yet managed to book. Finally, the accommodations at the Sea View House are top notch. The bedrooms are comfortable and I already miss the wonderful breakfast dishes! Our trip was greatly enhanced by staying at the Sea View House. Thank you Niall and Dara and we hope we see you again!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Ally · Married on 06/17/2018

I highly recommend the Seaview House! Niall and Darra were so kind and helpful throughout the planning process and recommended extremely professional vendors. Niall’s was so responsive in emails and always got back to me fast, which was so important for me since I was planning a wedding in a different country. For anyone who is looking to elope or have a small intimate wedding with stunning views and amazing hosts/planners this is the place!

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Sea View House Doolin 23

Jordan · Married on 06/13/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Darra and Niall at the Sea View House. Not only were the location, food, amenities, and service outstanding, but most importantly: the wedding was absolutely amazing! We chose with the Sea View House for our elopement plans because of the great reviews, and we were not disappointed. Both sets of parents went with us, and everything went smoothly and was completely enjoyable. Everything was taken care of, from delicious homemade breakfasts to a weather backup at an amazing location. Anyone looking for a dream location in Ireland with wonderful hosts should look no further. We can't wait to go back for an anniversary!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/18/2018

My husband and I absolutely fell in love with the Sea View house and Darra and Niall too. Walking distance to quant pubs, the ocean, and close to the Cliffs. Such a sweet and charming B & B with amazing people. Our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect and we have them to thank for that. Our experience was perfect in every way. If you come to Doolin, this is by far your best option! We want to go back already! Thanks again for everything.

Sent on 05/21/2018
    Sea View House Doolin 24
    Sea View House Doolin 25

Alison · Married on 04/17/2018

My husband Rob and I are anything but traditional so of course we decided to elope. Over many painstaking debates we decided upon Ireland, since it is a life goal for both of us and we could not think of a more beautiful Scenic land to tie the knot in! After many nights searching Google we stumbled across the Sea View House in Doolin. As soon as my husband started exchanging emails with Niall and Darra we knew we had found the one! Absolutely everything was perfect, from the extremely comfortable beds and cute rooms to the amazing breakfast that is prepared fresh and served each morning. We could not have asked for a better experience and we were touched by the hospitality we received. The weather is obviously unstable and when the location needed to be changed due to this fact, Niall drove us to several other areas to let us pick and everything he showed us was absolutely lovely. They even accompanied us to our ceremony and decided to bring their pup Lucy. As we left I realized that it would be impossible for me to stay for a week because I would feel like I was leaving old friends. This was the perfect vacation and we have been touched in a way that we will never forget. Thank you so much Niall and Darra, you were absolutely lovely and words cannot describe how wonderful you made our wedding day and our stay in Ireland! We cannot wait to return to your beautiful home one day!
    Love Rob and Ali!

Sent on 05/04/2018
    Sea View House Doolin 26
    Sea View House Doolin 27
    Sea View House Doolin 28
    Sea View House Doolin 29

Dear Rob and Ali,

Thank you so much for this glowing review. It was our pleasure to look after you on your special day.

Darra and I look forward to having you both stay with us for your anniversary.

Bailey Wideman · Married on 03/11/2018

The Perfect Place to Begin a Marriage

When my husband and I decided to elope, Ireland was first on our list. Because of the Sea view's high reviews and elopement packages, I contacted them. Immediately, Niall and Darra were incredible to work with. Planning an elopement in another country is not easy, but with Niall and Darra, it was straightforward and a delight. This included: helping us find someone to preform the service, providing a list of vendors (photographers and videographers) they had worked with before, a florist, a wonderful mother daughter team to help with wedding day hair and make up, helped get both of us ready, ironing and general laundry services for a suit and a wedding dress that had flown the Atlantic, champagne, chocolates, dinner reservations, and the most wonderful wedding cake - hand made by Dara!

We ended up deciding on getting married at the Hag's Head on the Cliffs of Moher, per Niall's recommendation - what an incredible place!

Upon arriving at the Sea View, we were greeted by what felt like family with their warm hospitality and incredible home. The Inn is settled into a beautiful part of a perfect little town, with wonderful local pubs and coffee shops just a short walk away and with plenty of access to the Cliffs, the harbor, the Aran Islands, and a plethora of other attractions.

Niall's cooking was AMAZING and breakfast was always a favorite part of our day. Darra was amazing with her suggestions of what to do and when to do it. On our wedding day, it felt like we had two wedding planners helping us with timing, dress/suit pressings, getting all dressed up, dinner reservations, flowers, and witnesses. Not to mention the pure hospitality offered up heartily. Sharing coffee and cake that Darra had made after the ceremony was one of the most special moments. They made for an incredible beginning to a marriage!

We stayed at the Sea View for a total of four days and if we could have, we would have stayed forever. The perfect place, the perfect town, all with the most amazing people. We are so thankful for Niall and Darra, and we can't wait to return!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Laura · Married on 10/13/2017

We had an amazing experience from start to end. Every thing imaginable was organised for us before we got there. I felt like I didn't have to lift a finger. The flowers champagne handmade chocolates and cake was organised and included in the price. They also contacted a few humanists to conduct our legal ceremony. Also it was organised upon my request to have a hairdresser to come to the venue on the morning so it was pure relaxation. This cost extra but was totally worth it for the piece of mind and convenience. The owners Niall and Darra were so attentive,you could tell they enjoy the wedding as much as we did. They were also very helpful and knowledgeable about the local area and coastal drives.
    Sea view house is a beautiful location within the heart of the village and ocean views that would take your breath away at the start of the cliffs of moher. After photos we took a short walk to get tattoos from Gerry at west coast ink who is an amazing artist and a lovely guy.
    All the food was amazing all fresh and local, you could see the hens that lay the eggs across the road. The rooms were spotless and the bed was so comfortable. It was pure luxury accommodation. Our only regret about the whole thing was that we didn't stay longer, if we were able we would have stayed four days. We will be back again

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Sea View House Doolin 30

Naomi · Married on 09/15/2017

The best elopement experience we could've imagined. All our our expectations and envisions we're met and surpassed....everything was so stress free and intimate. Loved loved loved!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Anne · Married on 09/14/2017

If you are looking for the quintessential small wedding/elopement venue in Ireland, you have found it!! Seaview House is located in charming Doolin, just up the hill from the center of town. The rooms are stunning and Niall and Darra leave no detail behind. They are well-connected within the region and are able to put you in touch with the best of the best: flowers, cake, champagne, photographer, celebrant....you name it. Every part of our stay (and wedding) far exceeded our expectations!! Get ready to fill your heart...and stomach!

Sent on 09/28/2017
    Sea View House Doolin 31
    Sea View House Doolin 32
    Sea View House Doolin 33
    Sea View House Doolin 34
    Sea View House Doolin 35

Meagan · Married on 07/19/2017

Niall and Darra were lovely! We were married on a rainy day but they still made it the best day ever for us. The food was amazing as well! Can't wait to go back again!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Paul · Married on 07/14/2017

Firstly our overall experience was fantastic. Doolin and surrounds are beautiful and the people warm and welcoming. My partner and I wed in July 2017. We live in Canada and choose to be married in Ireland a we met there travelling 8 years prior. Knowing that the irish culture is grand and the scenery stunning we decided that this would be the place to do it. We booked everything online and communicated with Niall and Darra via email so we had no idea what to expect. Thanks to the help and professionalism from Niall we were able to organise the whole thing from abroad and were not disappointed with the end result. We were provided with many options that the Sea View House can offer from flowers, cake, bouquet, photographer, hair, makeup and solemniser (wedding celebrant). Also we were provided with information regarding the legal side of things.

Once we arrived they made us feel welcome and their relaxed nature help ease our nervousness. The accommodation is excellent and from the deck and from two of the rooms you have views of the quaint little town and ocean. We stayed an extra night to fully soak in the experience and enjoyed every minute, the only bad experience was having to say goodbye. Breakfast every morning is locally sourced and delicious. Our hosts were full of local knowledge and are happy to share it with you. Our stay here was great, relaxed and comfortable. If we were ever to return to Ireland we would defiantly return to Doolin and visit the Sea View House.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Emma · Married on 06/16/2017

The Sea View House was absolutely amazing! The food, service, accommodations, and wedding coordination were beyond what we could have imagined! We can't wait to come back! Darra and Niall are spectacular hosts and made sure our wedding day was perfect. We wanted an all-inclusive, small wedding, and we got it at Sea View House. Their dog, Lucy, was an excellent host and watchdog as well!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Dear Emma,

Thank you so much for posting your review. We are so happy to read that you were delighted with your experience here at Sea View House.

We look forward to welcoming you and Philip back to Doolin in the near future.

Niall, Darra and Lucy

Emma · Married on 06/16/2017

Sent on 09/18/2017
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/17/2017

Fairytale, that's the best way to describe it. I still can't believe I was in a puffy white gown, made up like a princess, getting married by a castles with the ocean crashing against the shore behind me and a harp playing in the background. Then I went traipsing all around the Cliffs of Moher having my picture taken in the most beautiful place on earth carrying a bouquet of daisies and babies breath . I had cake, sipped tea in the parlor and returned to my room to find chocolates and champagne. What more could a girl ask for on her wedding day? All of this was a result of the care and attention given to every detail by Darra and Niall and I will be forever grateful. Thanks is not enough and I can't wait for my anniversary trip(s).
    Amy & Paul

Sent on 05/22/2017

Stacey · Married on 05/07/2017

Stop looking and just book Sea View House! Niall and Darra were amazing to work with from the moment we reached out and contacted them! They helped us to handle every detail, provided referrals to top-notch vendors, and made sure the day of that everything went perfectly. On top of their professionalism and organization, they are extremely genuine people. You feel at ease from the moment you walk in the door, and you know they have everything handled. It doesn't feel like you are working with a "vendor", it feels like you are working with old friends. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Brittney · Married on 10/27/2016

If you're looking for a beautiful location to spend your wedding, you found the right place in Doolin. Sea View House does more than that though, Niall and Darra made us feel right at home. They provided amazing service, breakfast, local advice, and really go above and beyond. Our wedding was perfect even with the wild Atlantic weather. In the few days I was there, I felt like I had a new home away from home. I can't wait to go back and visit. I'd highly recommend using them for a wedding. They are easy to work with and knew plenty of beautiful spots to have the ceremony. Darra made a beautiful bouquet and the wedding cake may have been the best cake I've ever had.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Our time at Sea View house was beyond amazing! We stayed October 7-9 and had our wedding day on the 8th. Both Niall and Dara were helpful, insightful, and very accommodating to our questions, and requests. Each morning we got a home made full Irish breakfast that was well beyond our expectation. We plan on going back again, and reccomend for anyone to have their special day here. Lucy the family dog was cute cuddly and friendly. Great time no complaints at all. Will & Kellie

Sent on 12/02/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

The Sea View House was the absolute best part of our trip. Niall and Darra were completely wonderful and were extremely helpful with getting everything situated for our wedding ceremony! The Sea View House was extremely clean and we felt extremely comfortable there! Conveniently located with the best views in town, I would highly recommend this place to anyone! We definitely plan on coming back to stay here again in the future! We could not have asked for a better place to stay, and could not have asked for better people to help us out and get everything situated! Thank you Niall and Darra, we hope to see you guys again one day!

Sent on 10/02/2016