11 Reviews for Sea Shell Resort & Beach Club

Liability Insurance (1)
House Wine (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
11 Sea Shell Resort & Beach Club Reviews

Everything was AMAZING. From start to finish, I could not have asked for a better time. From the first time walking though the venue when we met Brittany, we knew this was our place. Throughout all the planning process Brittany & Jaimee were the best, so helpful, quick to answer any questions, down to earth and just simply the best. The food is top notch and everyone on the staff is great. We have received nothing but great compliments from our friends, family, and other vendors! Everyone had a great time. I would recommend them to anyone in a heart beat! Every last thing was thought of, and detail was remembered, and everything was just so pretty. Even though the weather didn't cooperate, and we weren't able to have the wedding on the beach as planned, we were still able to have it outside under their tiki hut and it was so beautiful! Everyone was so accommodating! Great job all around! Amazing, place, amazing family, and amazing food! Great time, guaranteed!

Profile Picture Samantha , 5/18/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet

There really aren't any words I could use to describe our experience getting married at the Seashell because they completely exceeded our expectations from beginning to end. From the day we booked with them a year and a half ago to getting married just yesterday they went above and beyond! Brittany and Jaimee are PHENOMENAL. They were available for questions or concerns when we needed them, or when I was having a bride meltdown. They took the time to personally build a relationship with us and made us feel like a part of their seashell family, you really can't ask for more. From the service, staff, to the food everything was AMAZING! Our guests are telling us this was the best wedding they've ever been to. Picking a venue can be stressful enough but I can assure you booking with the seashell, you will have NO worries. A big thank you to EVERYONE there!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Getting married at the Sea Shell was a dream come true! For anyone that loves the beach, a great location, amazing food, and phenomenal service the Sea Shell is for you! I feel so lucky to have gotten married there. From the tour with Tom, to working with Jaimee and Brittany, everything ran smoothly. They have terrific recommendations of vendors to work with too. Our friends and family raved about our wedding after! They were so impressed with the cocktail hour, dinner, open bar and friendly staff. It's so nice to look back our on big day with no regrets. We will always look forward to going back to the Shell for dinners and weekend trips.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The only advice I can give to someone looking to book this vendor, is to not think any further and book the Sea Shell. They are by far at the top of the list for all things wedding. I had the most perfect day of my life there and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Profile Picture Christine, 5/6/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Buffet, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Set Up

Picking out a venue and creating the seating chart are the 2 hardest parts of planning a wedding.
Living in CT and visiting LBI every summer I was looking for something that would match our price but also our expectations. We originally hadn't planned on marrying in LBI but booking the Sea Shell was by far the best decision we made for our wedding.
Jaimee and Brittany from the Shell are the most amazing wedding planners. They worked with us through the whole process and were completely accessible when the wedding was close, even when I needed their help at the last minute!
The venue is beautiful but what really stood out to our guests and to us was the amount of food at the cocktail hour, the setup of the room and attention to decoration, and their flexibility with the entire night.
We didn't end up staying in the bridal suite that night because we rented a house, but in the morning when we went to collect our things from the suite, there was trays of food in the fridge from the wedding. One of everything from the cocktail hour and dinner service, and 2 pieces of our wedding cake. We spend the night after our wedding eating our wedding dinner and being able to enjoy it with each other... it was so perfect and thoughtful of the staff to put that together for us.
So happy with our day, and couldn't be more pleased with the venue and the staff.
Can't wait to go back this summer and say hi to everyone a year later and thank them again.

Profile Picture User5578735, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Buffet, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables

My now husband and I met at The Seashell a few years back, and he proposed to me on the beach there as well. We knew right away that this was the place we wanted to get married at - and we are so glad we did!
We were married on the private beach in front of the Seashell, which was absolutely beautiful! The palm trees surrounding us and the view of the ocean made it feel like we were at a destination wedding!
The outdoor cocktail hour had so much food, and such a wide variety that we didn't even have the time to try everything! But not to worry - we were given 5 containers of all of the food in our complimentary ocean front hotel room that night. After our wedding was over, we were able to order late night pizzas and kept the party going until 2am! But it didn't stop there - the next morning all of our guests woke up to a delicious breakfast buffet. The food was out of this world - all of our guests are still raving about it, and said this was one of the most fun weddings they have ever been to.
Jaimee and Brittany were both so easy going and so willing to accommodate any special requests we had. We got compliments on how friendly all of the staff was that night as well. Everything went off without a hitch - and if there were any issues I never knew about it! Every single thing was taken care of for us, and I never had to worry about anything the day of. We absolutely LOVED every minute of our wedding, and are so glad we chose this venue. We definitely plan to come back every year on our anniversary as well

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not say enough about The Sea Shell Resort & Beach Club, it's so much more than a 'ceremony & reception venue'. From the first time we went to check out the property for our wedding, we felt so comfortable. The family that owns and operates The Shell treated us like we'd been lifelong friends. Our entire planning process was smooth and easy. Jaimee was always available to answer my questions /emails and at our 2 planning meetings, she & Brittany were so helpful & enthusiastic for the ideas we had. As for the day of, Jaimee, Brittany & the entire staff were truly amazing! I did not worry one time about how or if things were getting set up, I knew they understood the vision I had and they executed it flawlessly. Since rain was in the forecast, they were monitoring the radar for us. About an hour before our ceremony time, Jaimee told me we were in the clear for our beach ceremony and the staff moved the entire ceremony set up (arbor, chairs & decorations) from 'plan B' back to 'plan A'. And the food....just incredible! It was so nice to head up to our room at the end of the night and find plates waiting for us with a little bit of everything from our menu.
Our friends and family had nothing but positive comments for us about the food, the staff and the accommodations at the Shell. A few days after our wedding, my aunt even told me that she enjoyed herself so much, that felt like she should send us a thank you card for picking such a fun venue for our wedding! The Shell was definitely the perfect spot for us! Thanks to the wonderful staff, we will always remember our special weekend with our friends & family as we envisioned it would be....casual yet elegant and most importantly FUN! We can't wait to go back next year and celebrate our 1 year anniversary!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/7/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The SeaShell did a wonderful job for our wedding!!! We loved every minute of the wedding, the room looked great, the food was AMAZING and they took care of everything. At the last minute we needed to move the ceremony from the beach to under the tiki hut and the cocktail hour inside and they handled it flawlessly. A family member brought icecream for the icecream dessert bar, but they forgot toppings so the SeaShell sent someone to the local supermarket for icecream toppings (I didn't find out until the next day, they just took care of it). Every detail of the family run place was awesome and they are upfront about everything (minimal additional costs).

We continue to get compliments on the food months later. As a bride, it is really comforting to know that everything will be handled leading up to and on the day of... that is what we got with this family run business. Could not be happier with how our big day went. If you want a great value for beachfront wedding, the SeaShell is perfect. They are not glitz and glamor, but they have a nice facility on the beach, awesome food, and flawless execution. It is convenient for guests to stay right upstairs in the hotel room, and after a night of celebrating most of them were happy they did!

Profile Picture kelly, 9/17/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone we have talked to since our wedding has said it "was the best wedding they had ever been to." The Shell provided our guests with a weekend getaway literally starting Friday night with a Tiki Welcome Party all the way through Sunday with a delicious brunch. The food, service, location....everything.... was the best!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/16/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I fell in love with the Sea Shell the moment we walked inside. The Sea Shell is a beautiful venue set on the Atlantic Ocean in LBI. Our guests felt like they were on a tropical island because the Shell staff does an amazing job as turning their hotel into a tropical get-a-way. The Shell provided us with a welcome party on their deck lined with tiki torches overlooking the ocean. The cocktail area was under a huge tiki outdoors overlooking the ocean with the MOST amazing fresh seafood. Guests raved about the shrimp and oysters! The reception room was turned into a tropical paradise of pinks and oranges that were gorgeous. And our guests were treated to a breakfast buffet the next morning as they said goodbye.

Our wedding weekend was an unforgettable experience thanks to the Shell and their amazing staff. The Hughes family did an amazing job at accommodating us and providing us with anything we needed. They treated us like family and couldn't be more welcoming. The wedding planner, Jaimee, is awesome and worked with me planning out each detail. She was supportive and available anytime I had a question.

I can not recommend the Shell enough to anyone looking to get married on the Jersey Shore! Truly incredible experience and I can not thank them enough!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/5/10, 2 Reviews
4.1

Getting married on the beach was a dream come true and the food was fabulous!! It was amazing!

Profile Picture Angela, 9/21/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning