Sea Ranch Resort Reviews

Sea Ranch Resort 5
Sea Ranch Resort 6
Sea Ranch Resort 7

Patricia · Married on 06/07/2014

The Sea Ranch Resort in Kill Devil Hills is a great place to have a Wedding! We worked with Belinda Anderson, awesome go to person. She knows her job extremely well. All questions answered, no surprises. The hotel staff is most friendly, all during our stay for the Wedding, June 7. We all had an awesome time! The reception couldn't have been any better. Our daughter had her dream wedding at the Sea Ranch Resort! We are so happy for her. Wait staff was very accommodating at the wedding. No pressure from anyone. I feel the staff enjoyed the wedding as much as we did, kind of like family!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Jackie · Married on 06/07/2014

The Sea Ranch provided the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony. The setting is beautiful and the rooms are nice AND affordable for guests. We worked with Belinda Anderson on getting everything planned and she was phenomenal! Belinda was personable, sweet, patient, and helpful with answering questions and helping me plan the perfect day. We had a very small ceremony - about 25 guests - so we used the new Board Room facility for our reception. The Board Room is a small room; however it was decorated beautifully and provided for a very intimate gathering for us to serve appetizers and cake, and have a cocktail hour. I would not recommend it for over 25 guests, but it was perfect for us. We highly recommend the Sea Ranch as a ceremony venue. Thanks so much, Belinda, for all of your help. - Jackie & Steve Hussey

Sent on 06/20/2014

Brittany · Married on 05/18/2014

We had an amazing wedding at the Sea Ranch Resort a couple weeks ago! Belinda was wonderful to work with - she was there to answer any questions I had and was always very attentive to all of the details of our big day. In addition to that, she was such a huge help throughout the entire process!

If you are looking to have a beach wedding, the Sea Ranch Resort is definitely where you want to go! The beach is beautiful and the reception room is spacious and elegant. Our wedding was small so we had lots of room to dance and enjoy being one big family.

What I really loved about the Sea Ranch Resort was that they were a one-stop-shop kind of venue. They catered our wedding and the food was AMAZING!! Seriously.. everyone was raving about the food all night! Everything turned out perfect!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/17/2014

The Sea Ranch Resort is the perfect place to have a wedding, in my opinion. Belinda has to be one of the best event coordinators in the field. She was very responsive and always made me feel like I was the only bride who mattered (even though I knew that wasn't the case, especially with another wedding the following day!). The staff was very friendly, I felt like a princess all day long! It almost felt like family because each time I visited prior to the wedding, I met the staff, and then they would remember me each subsequent time we visited and again on the wedding day. And the food at the reception was so good. I loved that at the Sea Ranch, we got a venue, catering, and guest accommodations. That makes planning that much easier! It was the perfect place for our wedding and we are so glad that we chose it. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Blanca · Married on 03/22/2014

The Sea Ranch Resort was the perfect place to have our beach wedding. Belinda and the entire staff at the Sea Ranch Resort were so friendly and very helpful. We booked the place without seeing it until the day before the wedding. They exceeded my expectations. My guests love the food and comment how the staff was so friendly. Thanks to Belinda and the entire staff at the Sea Ranch Resort for making my wedding day everything and more.

Sent on 04/16/2014

Virginia · Married on 10/12/2013

The Sea Ranch was a fantastic spot to get married! The food, service, package and pricing were awesome. Such a beautiful setting for a wedding! If I could do it over again, I would have the wedding here again!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Maryann · Married on 09/22/2013

Belinda and the rest of the staff at the Sea Ranch were awesome! So very helpful. Belinda was willing to do whatever she could to make our day as stress-free as possible! You can have your ceremony on the beach and then your reception right there inside. I can't even begin to tell you how good their food is, too! So many of our guests went out of their way to let us know that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Plus, if you and/or your guests are from out of town, you can all stay right there at the resort. The oceanfront rooms are beautiful--you walk right out onto the balcony and the ocean is right there! I can't recommend the Sea Ranch enough as a place to have your wedding. Affordable AND beautiful!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Candace · Married on 08/17/2013

Our wedding was better than we could have imagined thanks to the hardworking and dedicated staff at the Sea Ranch.

Belinda, the Director of Sales & Catering, was extremely thorough, knowledgeable, and helpful throughout the entire planning process. Since it was a destination wedding, we had many questions and they were always answered quickly and meticulously. Belinda is easy to work with and is truly happy with what she does. She was very helpful with our rehearsal and offered her expertise wherever needed without stepping on anyone's toes. She went far above and beyond our expectations.

The chef's food was delicious--many of our guests commented that all the dishes were tasty (both for our rehearsal and reception). The Beachside Bistro (resort's restaurant) had different daily food and drink specials that were reasonably priced and always yummy.

The wait staff and bartenders helped make out reception run smoothly and seamlessly. Our guests were well taken care of. Drinks were always full and dirty plates quickly cleared.

The resort itself is clean and the property is neatly maintained. The location is convenient as it is literally right on the beach. Oceanside views are incredible! There is a small fitness center that consists of a couple treadmills, an elliptical, a bike, and some free weights. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly.

While there were some stressful moments during the wedding planning, the great people at the Sea Ranch put our minds at ease. They are incredibly professional, but they also work together and get along like a family. It was a pleasure to get to know them throughout the week leading up to the wedding. They all seemed genuinely excited to be working with us and we look forward to going back soon.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Sherri · Married on 06/16/2013

As the wedding photographer and aunt of the bride, my experience with the Sea Ranch Resort was fantastic! Beautiful views, lovely decor in the rooms again with great views of the ocean and the staff was wonderful!

On a personal note, my food allergy concerns were handled graciously and I felt like I was in good hands with the Director of Catering and the Chef. The reception room was spacious and the staff friendly. The entire experience was wonderful!

Sherri Stone
    Suffolk, Va

Sent on 06/21/2013

Linda · Married on 05/04/2013

The Sea Ranch Resort was perfect for our families wedding event!!! Facility rental included tables, chairs, linens and set up! Restaurant on site meaning food was amazing, fresh, perfectly cooked!!! Belinda -- the event coordinator was on point for absolutely everything. I can't think of even one tiny thing that would have been better... Accommodations = A++++++, food =A++++++, entire staff, every single one of them that worked our event bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect A++++++, facility = A++++++... If you are planning a destination wedding the Sea Ranch Resort is centrally located to everything, ocean front and provides absolutely everything to make planning as easy as possible!! They clearly know what they are doing!!! I would recommend Belinda and staff to anyone who will listen!!!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Judith · Married on 04/29/2013

This vendor provided exceptional services all with graciousness and smiles. Anything that we needed or asked for was provided without exception.

Sent on 04/30/2013

Belinda was there for me every time I called. The food was amazing, all of the guests agreed, there was not one thing that was not delicious. We had Crab dip, chicken salad, and deconstucted BBQ eggrolls. There was also a sweet potato and mashed potato martini bar.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Amy · Married on 03/23/2013

My husband Dan and I just got back from our wedding at the Sea Ranch Resort on 3/23/13. I can't even begin to tell you how happy we were that we chose them to host the best day of our lives! We visited the Sea Ranch for the first time in March 2012 while they were undergoing some Major renovations. We met Belinda Anderson (director of sales/catering)and after spending about an hour with us to show us around and talk to us we completely looked past all the construction (which there was a lot going on haha) and decided to take a chance! That was the best decision we EVER made. I am not a big planner and have not even ever planned a bridal shower, baby shower etc so this whole planning process for very overwhelming in the beginning for me. We live in Northern Virginia so most of the planning was done via e-mail with Belinda and let me tell you she made it a breeze. We went back to visit in the summer of 2012 and were soooo impressed with the new oceanfront rooms and the Beachside bistro - we knew we had made the right decision after eating dinner there one night. Chef John is so great and the prices are super reasonable. We ended up having our rehersal dinner at the Sea ranch also and the entire staff made us feel so at home. If you are thinking of having an Outer Banks wedding the sea Ranch is the place to be - they have everything you could ever need or want - a beautiful ocean view, delicious food, and Staff from housekeeping to management who were just plain amazing! We can not thank them enough for making our day so SPECIAL and STRESS free - it was truly beautiful. Thank you to the Sea Ranch - you are are amazing and we are already planning our next trip to Visit!!! :)

Amy & Dan Lee :)

Sent on 03/28/2013

Cadence · Married on 12/10/2012

The Sea Ranch made our wedding perfect. My husband is in the Mariens and we had to reschedule halfway through our planning. The staff was so flexible and really worked with us on bringing everything together. The wedding went exactly like I had hoped. We had some unconventional plans and the staff made helped us make them happen. Everything felt very personalized and custom fit for us. We could not have been happier at all. Every single person I interacted with while we were there seemed to go so far out of their way to be helpful. The rooms, the dining room we used, and (ESPECIALLY) the food went over so well. We are STILL having relatives bring it up nearly everytime we talk to them. Belinda made the planning (which we did from a state away) very easy and seemlessly worked out ideas in. We could not have been happier in any way and can't wait to go back and visit!!!!

Sent on 01/15/2013

Sara · Married on 10/06/2012

Belinda at the Sea Ranch was warm, professional, and attentive. She made the process very easy and stress free and the food was excellent! We had a wonderful time and no problems with the room, service, or venue. I would definately recommend this venue for its beauty and location (steps from the beach) but also the warm and friendly staff who treat you like family!! Thanks Belinda for everything!

Sent on 02/10/2013

Suzie & Frank · Married on 09/01/2012

The Sea Ranch was an outstanding & perfect site for our daughter's wedding .All of the staff was professional, polite, and friendly. Belinda Anderson was a God send, she and her staff far far far exceeded our expectations. John Romm, the chef, prepared outstanding cuisine, and Lisa, the bartender, was very attentive and oh so friendly. The complete staff from front desk, housekeepers, restaurant personnel, and wedding reception attendants were SUPERIOR. Being a local and attending many local weddings, I have had the opportunity to experience many venues, and the Sea Ranch has RAISED THE BAR for weddings and receptions. It was superior, and I highly recommend this resort for your wedding venue. And by the way, their restaurant is a little hidden secret with excellent food and a fantastic view.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Sea Ranch Resort's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Suzie! The wedding could not have been any more beautiful and the day was perfect. Sharing in a wedding celebration is always special, and your family and friends became 'our' family and friends that day! We hope that you continue to stay in touch and look forward to seeing all of you in the future!

Shelley · Married on 08/17/2012

Belinda was very helpfull to me while we were planning and trying to get everything set up. She was very patient, I had a lot of questions. We planned the wedding from Virginia so we didn't get to go and see the room until we got there the week before the wedding. Once we got there we went and met with Belinda and she showed us around and helped figure out how to set up the room and where we should have the ceremony on the beach. The day of the wedding the were very helpfull making sure everything was right in the room and getting us anything that we needed. The ladies that worked the reception was great too. The one in charge was Stephanie she was ontop of everything anything we needed or wanted she made sure we had. The room looked beautiful and the food was delicious. I am glad we choose Sea Ranch Resort for our Wedding Ceremony and the Reception.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Sea Ranch Resort's reply:

We loved having your wedding here, Shelley! You were just so radiant that day--you WERE the sun for a while! Your family was so sweet and easy to work with....and we all loved being around so much happiness and joy. I truly appreciated your composure and confidence in working with us from afar. I think your photo on the beach, walking towards the rainbow over the ocean,l is just priceless--one of our favorites :) Thank you again from all of us....and we hope to see you when you're back on the beach!

Danielle · Married on 08/11/2012

The Sea Ranch Resort was the perfect place for my wedding and reception. I had originally been in contact with a completely different contact, but even in the beginning stages of planning the wedding, the whole process with the other venue was disorganized. Then I called Belinda at the Sea Ranch Resort and she made such a HUGE impression on me. She was so willing to answer all and every question I had, and she even brought up little details that I didn't even think of. She was so thoughtful to keep in contact with me during the entire process. The whole experience was perfect. Having all of my friends and family stay at the Sea Ranch Resort was such a great experience because everyone had to travel a significant distance and it was wonderful to hang out the few nights before the wedding and just relax. I did not feel stressed out for one single moment, and the Sea Ranch Resort made the experience so perfect. I would recommend the Sea Ranch for a venue to anyone looking for a wedding on the beach in the Outer Banks!!

Sent on 02/06/2013

Stacy · Married on 06/28/2012

The Sea Ranch provided great customer service to my husband and I. We had a small wedding (50 guests). They were very accommodating considering they acquired our contract through buying their restaurant. The previous owner did not make a formal contract, but The Sea Ranch made sure that everything we were promised by the previous owner, we received.

The even coordinator, Belinda is attentive and personable. She made sure that everything was perfect for our reception. Our guests loved the bar tender. They still talk about how fabulous she was. The waiting staff was extremely nice and meals were delivered on schedule and tasted wonderful! We had the Ribeye and Fresh Fish and an olive oil pasta side. The appetizers were wonderful!

Sent on 02/05/2013

Molly · Married on 05/27/2012

I had a wonderful wedding at the SeaRanch. Belinda and her team were amazing. Belinda was responsive and attentive. She made me feel at ease and I knew I was in good hands. The staff was perfect. The guests didn't have to wait for a drink and the meal was served promptly. The food was absolutely delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better reception.

Sent on 08/10/2012

Sea Ranch Resort's reply:

We're so happy that you enjoyed everything, Molly! We loved having your event here, and you were wonderful to work with throughout the planning process.
    We all wish you both the very best and we look forward to seeing you and your family when you're visiting the OBX in the future!

Shannyn · Married on 04/28/2012

They were absolutely amazing! The restaurant was only open for a matter of weeks before the wedding & that made us very nervous. We loved Belinda & Torey in the offices & they would respond to my emails & phone calls within minutes if they were not available when I contacted them. They were patient with all my questions & changes as well as guided me & became a very important part of our special day. Just like a family member or friend. The staff was attentive & the food was fantastic! They helped me find additional vendors I didn't realize I needed & I don't think I could have pulled off the wedding planning from a different state without them!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Donna · Married on 08/08/2017

Having a contact in the area where you are having a destination wedding means everything. After I found the Sea Ranch, I could relax and concentrate on what I needed to do here and Belinda did what she needed to do there. The venue was very nice, the food and servers were wonderful. Everyone helped me with whatever I needed.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Laura · Married on 06/26/2014

The Sea Ranch Resort is a beautiful place to have a wedding and reception! We had five weeks to plan a wedding! Belinda worked with my step daughter to make the reception amazing. The wedding on the beach in front of the resort was beautiful, the reception hall so pretty, big enough for a large group and perfect for our small group, the food was so good and the staff was so friendly and helpful!

The bride and groom had an ocean front room, which was used for the bride to get ready. The room was beautiful. I can't wait to come back!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Jaclynn · Married on 06/08/2013

We had our wedding at the Sea Ranch Resort on June 08, 2013. We started planning our event only months in advance, and were able to easily pull everything together with the help of the Sea Ranch's Belinda. We chose this venue because it had a laid-back, friendly and family feel. The staff is exceptional and made every effort to learn everyone of our guests' names and their food and drink preferences over the weekend. The bar is equipped with an excellent bartender, Garret, and relaxing live music...perfect for a relaxing setting by the beach. The food is exceptional, our guests are still complimenting it. The chef was flexible and allowed us to design our own menu and even offered suggestions to support our theme. We had some family drama (as all weddings tend to have), and the staff handled it and the last-minute changes in our ceremony and reception that it created seamlessly, so that we were able to completely enjoy our ceremony and reception. Furthermore, during our reception, the band played significantly longer then planned, and the staff checked in to understand my wishes, and flexed accordingly. We highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants a fun, laid-back wedding with friendly staff and great food. The only complaint we received from our guests is that those renting the condos (which were awesome accommodations themselves) were inconvenienced that there was no maid (linen and trash) service.

Sent on 06/30/2013

Allison · Married on 06/15/2012

We couldn't be happier with our decision to hold our wedding and reception at the Sea Ranch Resort! The food was absolutely amazing (ALL of our guests raved about the food) and the service just as great. The staff catered to us and our bridal party like we were movie stars! We never had to go to the bar to get a drink, and we received everything we requested. Belinda was phenomenal. Her expertise put our minds at ease from day 1. She did everything she could to make sure our day was exactly what we had hoped and dreamed for! She was helpful throughout the time leading up to the wedding and was a huge help in making our day stress free. If we were to get married again, we would choose the Sea Ranch Resort in a heartbeat! We plan on having an anniversary dinner there every year while we are in the area!

Sent on 08/10/2012

Sea Ranch Resort's reply:

Thanks so much for your very kind words, Allison! We are so glad that you were happy with your reception experience and that you enjoyed yourself; you were definitely a joy to work with!
    Stop by to see us when you're on the beach...and we all send you our
    best!!