Sea Cliff Manor Reviews

35 | Sea Cliff, NY

35 Reviews for Sea Cliff Manor

Violette · Married on 12/21/2013

When I started looking at venues to have my wedding, I had two big problems: 1) I was starting to plan 3 months away from our set date and 2) I was going to have less than 100 guests. I called catering hall upon catering hall and was quoted super high prices, and told I had to guarantee 100 guests. And then...I found Sea Cliff Manor.

My now-husband and I decided to check it out after they offered us a great price and it was love at first sight. We met with Megan who gave us a tour. One thing I can say is that this is NOT a catering hall. It's an old, classic house with such a perfect feel! We saw this venue right as Fall was starting and walking inside to a gorgeous, roaring fireplace, with scents of apples and sights of pumpkins was utterly perfect! We had our wedding 4 days before Christmas and the decor certainly did not disappoint then either - wreaths and garland were everywhere! As a Bride, it made my decorating job so much easier when I found out I was just to be responsible for what was on the tables. As soon as we sat with Megan and went over all the logistics, we were set. I had appointments to see 3 other venues and I called them all to cancel. We didn't want to see any other places.

I met with Megan several times prior to the big day and each time, everyone was so helpful and accommodating! One thing I was worried about was the food, since the reviews here were so poor and we didn't do a tasting beforehand. Well, it was TOTALLY unwarranted! Each of my guests raved to me how delicious everything was and seriously? I ordered the Chateau Briand as my entree (Steak. At a wedding. A risky move. I know.)...and it was cooked to perfection! Cocktail hour was great and my guests were in awe of the amount of food provided and selection. I mean, we had probably at least 20-30 different food items to choose from. The bar was great and the wait staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Denise · Married on 10/12/2013

Excellent venue. So glad we chose it. Worked with us each step of the way. Even had Meryl (the maitre d) be our officiant. :)

Sent on 11/05/2013

Mj · Married on 01/12/2013

San Souci was perfect for us! I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. Meryl was my point of contact from the onset and she was ALWAYS available for me, ALWAYS helpful, and most of all, she made sure I was happy with everything throughout the wedding day itself. We had a gorgeous winter wedding there with 110 guests. That is the perfect amount for this venue. The fireplaces looked beautiful, and the winter water view is awesome bc there are no trees. Plus, my guests RAVED about the food. The food was so NOT the typical wedding food. Even our cake was delicious! The cocktail hour was awesome...I'd been a little skeptical about it because San Souci does cocktail hour in the same space as the dining area, but everything looked gorgeous and it started off the wedding perfectly. Meryl coordinated with my music people (live jazz for cocktail, dj for the rest) so that everything went smoothly. The price is so reasonable that we upgraded the apps and added the Vienese hour, and it was totally worth it. Meryl was great with all the little details...for example, my husband's bday was the day after the wedding, so I wanted to have a cake for him after we did our wedding cake cutting. Sure enough, Meryl timed it so that after we did our cake moment, a staff member emerged with a candle-lit birthday cake for him and all the guests sang for him.

Sent on 02/16/2013

Gina · Married on 08/25/2012

Beautiful place to have your special day. The food is very Good.

Sent on 08/30/2012
  • notika

natalia · Married on 05/15/2010

Love them!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2010
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

Best Day Ever

They made our wedding day amazing, especially Ian who had everything detail planned so we didn't have to worry about anything. The food was amazing and their recommended vendors were also wonderful. Nothing is perfect, but our wedding day truly was with their help.

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Sully

A · Married on 04/27/2019

Great venue, great people!

I had my wedding back in April at Sea Cliff Manor. I was so nervous about my wedding day turning out well and things running smoothly, but at the end of the event I couldn't be happier and the staff at Sea Cliff Manor were an integral part of making it a great wedding.

I met with Nick over a year before my wedding and really enjoyed his hospitality. When it came down to picking out our venue we were down to three options, one of them being Sea Cliff Manor. After going through all the pros and cons we actually decided on a different venue at first. But then after speaking with Nick again to discuss some logistics and pricing we really felt that Sea Cliff Manor was the perfect venue for us. The food was great and they did a great job putting everything together. Ian did a great job making sure everything went smoothly the day of. All I had to do was drop off the extra decor a few days before the wedding and tell him how I wanted things set up and everything was executed perfectly.

The chef was even willing to make a special Sri Lankan station for cocktail hour and all I had to do was provide recipes. The station was a hit and they were able to make it delicious! We also requested another custom station as we wanted a pizza station during cocktail hour and they did a great job with this as well. We loved that we were able to customize things to how we wanted it and to match our tastes/interests. We were very set on having certain things at our wedding and was thrilled that Sea Cliff Manor was willing to work with us.

The one down part of the day was that the weather ended up being a little cold and windy so we had to move the cocktail hour inside and I was really looking forward to an outside cocktail hour. Ian and his team were quickly able to make the transition to an indoor cocktail hour and no one would have even known that it was a last minute change. We were at least lucky to still have our ceremony outdoors.

Overall I highly recommend Sea Cliff Manor!! Nick and Ian are great to work with and the venue is beautiful!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • John

John Bernaudo · Married on 10/06/2019

Sea cliff manor is dynamite

Tremendous value great wedding experience nick and Ian were excellent thank you. We will recommend you.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Erica · Married on 05/23/2015

I married my wife at Sea Cliff Manor May 28th 2015. We had approximately 150 people in attendance and Sea Cliff manor was able to accommodate everybody very well.

Ian the Maitre D': A gentleman who was very accommodating, calm and passionate about making our wedding perfect. My wife had a lot of very unique ideas for our wedding (star wars dolls, guitar instead of guest book, signs and life-size cut outs of friends who couldn't make it) he was able to make it all happen for us and our wedding came off a complete success.

Food: The food is OK, the Salmon Teriyaki and the Filet Minion was delicious! The stuffed chicken kind of sucked. I however didn't taste much except for vodka and whatever I can snatch off of other peoples plates.

Cake: The cake was good. The cake didn't blow people out the door but I ate at least 3 slices so I definitely wouldn't call it bad

Charm: Here is where Sea Cliff Manor shines. It is small and beautiful and it really made our wedding feel special. If you are looking for an over - the - top crazy wedding with sparkles and chandeliers this is not the place for you. But if your looking for a cute small place that you can customize with your own little touch Sea Cliff Manor is perfect

Photos: Our photos came out beautiful. We took our pictures at Morgan Park (5 min away) which is a beautiful spot but i would caution anybody looking to take pictures on a beach mid day, as the light can be pretty harsh.

I had a great time and I would recommend Sea Cliff Manor to anybody who like a personal, humble and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Sans Souci/Sea Cliff Manor were wonderful throughout the process of planning our wedding. They worked with us to get every detail the way we wanted it. Instead of telling us what they do, they asked and listened to what we wanted to do. We even ended up having our rehearsal dinner there also and it felt like our home for the 2 days. The guests are still raving about the food and the warm hospitality. Recommend without reservation.

Sent on 11/23/2013