Sea Cliff Manor Reviews

Sea Cliff Manor 7
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Tullo · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Beautiful, Waterview venue!

Beautiful venue looking out onto the water! Very unique and not like the typical long island hall! Nick and Ian are such sweet guys and i cant wait for them to make my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 02/11/2019
  • Ariana

Ariana · Getting married on 07/27/2019

Highly Recommend

Absolutely cannot wait to celebrate my marriage at Sea Cliff. That's enough said! Go there and experience the charm yourself!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Alanna

Alanna · Married on 06/08/2019

Irreplaceable// top notch

Our reception was held at Sea Cliff Manor on June 8th, 2019. From the moment we booked in October of 2017 we knew we found the right place for us. Through the entire process Ian and Nick were there to help us and truly treated us like family. Our cocktail hour was held outside and it wowed our guest. The grounds are beautiful and this is not your cookie cutter wedding venue. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was and how unique the venue was they have never been to a wedding like it. Do yourselves a favor and book with Sea cliff asap. We owe our amazing day all to them!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 06/07/2019

Excellent!!

My fiancé and I visited Sea Cliff Manor about 2 weeks after getting engaged, and immediately fell in love. The venue has a nice outdoor area for ceremony and cocktail hour, but inside is gorgeous!! We had other appointments set up for other venues after, and ended up cancelling them because we felt so sure Sea Cliff Manor was the place for us.

Sent on 01/16/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Japngie · Married on 05/31/2019

Obsessed! Gorgeous venue and perfect experience

Where to begin! First of all this venue is so refreshing. When we went to look at venues we got confused after going into ballroom after ballroom. I ended up seeing Sea Cliff Manor alone the first time and knew within minutes this is where I wanted to get married. Ian was so passionate and excited that it was contagious! We ended up booking the next week when I brought my fiancé. The whole planning process was amazing. Ian and Nick recognized my voice any time I called or came to the venue. Anything we could imagine Ian and Nick made a reality. Ian gently gave his opinion when we were torn (like cocktail hour stations) and those details we trusted to him were some of people’s favorite parts of our wedding. He knows what he is talking about! They coordinated a perfect day. Ian handled our whole ceremony that flowed seamlessly and were more than accommodating to my grandparents and parents who needed special accommodations for getting down the aisle. The staff went above and beyond even to our guests. Ian personally delivered food and snacks to a hungry guest before the ceremony and arranged special seating for my aunt and uncle. The whole night went perfect I can say I attended and got to enjoy my wedding. My bridal attendant made sure I got food and always had a drink in my hand. I cannot express enough how wonderful the staff was. No better location to have a gorgeous wedding among a team that treats you like family. My guests also say best food they have had at a wedding in a while if not ever. This place is magical and I’m so happy to have celebrated such a momentous occasion with them!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Kathleen · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing!

We are SO happy we chose to have our wedding at Sea Cliff Manor!! It was the best day of our lives and wouldn’t have been the same at any other venue. We met with Nick when we first visited and he was a pleasure to work with in making the initial plans. Nick was always flexible in when we could meet. Nick and Ian answered emails quickly and helped us every step of the way. Scheduling the tasting was great, Nick even helped organize a Sunday for us because that worked best for our schedules. As the big day approached, we worked with Ian closely. He was AMAZING. He is the best wedding planner and organizer. He answered every question we had and even ones we hadn’t thought of yet. He was so prompt on the email responses. He was beyond organized. When it came to setting up for the day of, Ian set everything up PERFECTLY. It was exactly as we imagined. Ian made sure everything went smoothly the night of the wedding and I felt so at ease knowing he was on top of all the details. Ian also had the best idea for a photo at the end of the night and it’s one of my favorites from the day!! I would recommend Sea Cliff Manor to EVERY engaged couple looking for the most fabulous venue.

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2019

My dream wedding!

I can’t begin to say enough wonderful things about Sea Cliff Manor, Nick, & Ian. They are the best in the business at what they do. It’s exactly what we wanted in a venue (intimate, unique, not a typical catering hall, one wedding A DAY, and on the water.) I appreciated feeling like I was never part of a “hard sell-“ Nick was honest about the things he liked and the things he would pass on. They worked with our budget and made sure we got the things that were important to us. Due to inclement weather, our cocktail hour had to be inside which was not the original plan. But the staff moved seamlessly and efficiently and the turn over from cocktail hour to dance floor was barely noticeable. And while I fell in love with the outdoor area for cocktails, I had just as much fun inside. The guests didn’t even know the difference! The food was out of this world. In fact, a group of my friends set up shop right outside the kitchen during the cocktail hour so they could be the first to get the hors d’oevrs. My bridal attendant Camille was attentive without being overbearing. The team at Sea Cliff Manor truly provides unbeatable service with great attention to detail and unwavering professionalism!

Sent on 05/11/2019
    Sea Cliff Manor 8
    Sea Cliff Manor 9
    Sea Cliff Manor 10
  • Sarah

Sarah T · Married on 03/05/2019

Best Day Ever!

We had our wedding at Sea Cliff Manor on 05.03.19 and WE HAD THE BEST TIME!!!

Ian the Matri D is an amazing human being for everything he does behind the scenes, everything went so smoothly and it felt generally amazing to know that we could show up and not have to worry about anything. Our bridal attendant Camille, was with us EVERY SINGLE moment, from plates of food to water, walking in the sand for pictures, the staff performs and delivers with the utmost care and professionalism.

The food was amazing and everyone loved it! Nick and Ian will work with you to make the dreams of your meals come true and will work with you to help keep everything reasonable. We asked for specific upgrades like a seafood station (complete with oysters, clams, and shrimp) and baby lamb chops and we were still able to stay within budget.

Sea Cliff Manor is a beautiful and intimate space and includes well-manicured grounds. The interior is beautiful and classic that does not need any additional decor. It has that long island, gold coast, Gatsby charm, that sits on the water, with a beautiful fireplace. You will NOT be disappointed if you choose this venue.

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Sea Cliff Manor 11

persimonefink · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfectly romantic, perfectly simple.

I cannot tell you how much I recommend Sea Cliff Manor for weddings. I had the most beautiful night I could imagine. Ian and Nick fulfilled every wish I had and were so accommodating. Not only is the venue beautiful but the food is UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING!! My night was the perfect mix of romance, class and simplicity all in one. I don't know how else to put it but if you're looking to have an intimate ceremony/wedding with amazing food a great space and not spend your life savings GO TO SEA CLIFF MANOR.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/06/2018

Get ready for a long one:

I can't say enough great things about Ian and the rest of the staff at Sea Cliff Manor! My husband and I recently had our reception there and it was perfect. We married on 10.6.18, had our cocktail hour outside from 6-7pm and reception inside from 7-11pm. From the very beginning Ian calmed our nerves about the details of the day. We originally had one idea about our reception in mind, changed halfway through and Ian adjusted without any issues.

Our cocktail hour was outside and was more beautiful than I imagined. The lights were hanging from above, fire pit was glowing and the cocktail food tables and high tops were perfectly placed so people did not feel packed in.

Our reception was held inside. All tables were on the level above the dance floor, leaving plenty of room to party. We had 183 guests which seemed like a lot for the size of the room but worked out quite nicely. We went with rectangular tables and fit between 10-12 ppl a table. Any more people and we would have had to put some tables around the dance floor which I wouldn't have liked - Sea Cliff just widened their dance floor so we didn't want to lose any space. If you want the dance floor for dancing only, try to stay under 190 (this number could possibly change if you use rounds). We had 2 bars, one on the dance floor in the corner and one in a room off the dining area. This made it possible for the many guests to be served without waiting forever. The food was unreal, especially the ravioli with shrimp appetizer. Ever since the tasting I couldn't wait to have more. Everyone I spoke to only had great things to say.

We opted for the late night snacks to be served towards the end of the evening. Sliders, lobster mac and cheese, grilled cheese, hot dogs and ff - AMAZING!

All and all the evening was perfect, Ian killed it. If you want to be in good hands, go with him!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Sea Cliff Manor 12

Cheryl · Married on 09/07/2018

Your Wedding Your Way

After visiting many other wedding venues, we followed the recommendation of a friend and visited Sea Cliff Manor. I’m glad We did.

We were married on a beautiful evening in September. The ceremony was held outside as the sun was setting. The cocktail hour was also held outdoors under strung lights with the reggae and calypso sounds of a steel band player. We wanted a relaxed Caribbean feel. We were able to accomplish that thanks to, the Maitre’D, Ian. He was helpful in making menu selections and organizing an authentic “jerk chicken station” in addition to all the other delicious options we selected. Our guests really enjoyed the food.

My husband and I got to enjoy our wedding day because Ian took care of the details.

Nick and Ian are good at what they do. They both have years of experience in the business and it shows. They really take pride in “Doing it Your Way!” They listen and are willing to accommodate requests, if at all possible.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, one event venue, with professional staff, great food, beautiful grounds, amazing views, and the flexibility to customize your event the way you want, you really should consider Sea Cliff Manor.

Cheryl

Sea Cliff Manor 16
    Sea Cliff Manor 17
    Sea Cliff Manor 18

Alyssa · Married on 08/25/2018

Our 8/25/18 wedding at Sea Cliff Manor was absolutely perfect from start to finish!! From the moment I stepped into Sea Cliff Manor, I knew this was the only place I could picture my husband and I getting married at. Nick treated us like family at our first meeting and throughout the entire planning process. Ian is beyond professional and truly a perfectionist! I planned my wedding from out of state, with my husband in a completely different state, but Nick and Ian made the process seamless. I knew I was in the BEST hands the entire time! Not a detail was missed the day of the wedding. Ian even went above and beyond to include all of our guests in a special blessing that is a family tradition. The bridal attendant, Camille, was so attentive, providing ample food and drinks in the huge bridal suite before cocktail hour started. Speaking of cocktail hour- simply AMAZING! Perfect weather aside, the gorgeous setting and stunning views of the sunset during cocktail hour were breathtaking. I could have stayed at the cocktail hour forever. There was so much food and every single thing was delicious. Our guests all raved about their dinner courses as well. The Sea Cliff Manor is the most charming, elegant, intimate venue. Because it is not your cookie-cutter catering hall, everything is customizable and anything I asked for was possible! I would recommend Sea Cliff Manor over and over again!! Pure PERFECTION!!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Jing Jing · Married on 05/12/2018

May 12, 2018 was a magical day for my husband and me. Nick (the owner) and Ian (maitre d') were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. Sea Cliff Manor is an elegant mansion set on a hilltop overlooking the north shore. It was cozy, but not crowded. We had about 130 guests and it felt perfect. Our wedding day was overcast, so we were unable to have our cocktail outside, but it was just as lovely inside. Every guest raved about the food--cocktail hour and main courses, as well as dessert. We are so happy that we chose Sea Cliff Manor. Wish it didn't go so fast!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Nicole · Married on 04/14/2018

The Sea Cliff Manor is absolutely, without a doubt, the most amazing wedding venue ever. I got married there last week and I still can't stop raving about them!!

From our initial meeting with the owner, Nick, and working with the event manager, Ian, all of the planning for our wedding was easy and seamless. I would send an email, and get a reply in no more than 15 minutes - it was amazing! And, since I planned my wedding from across the country, that kind of communication and ease of planning went a long, long way. I knew that we were in excellent and capable hands with Nick & Ian!

The setting is absolutely gorgeous: it's directly across from the water (highly recommend taking some photos over there!) and the front lawn where they host cocktail hours gives you sweeping sunset views. It really is spectacular. Inside is just as beautiful; they even put in a gorgeous new dance floor this year! The bridal suites upstairs are huge, and they even have a bridal attendant to make sure you're taken care of throughout the night.

Literally everything about this venue and staff is above & beyond and brilliant - they even took the time to make a few strawberry pies, which is one of my family's most beloved recipes from my grandma, which meant so much to me and my parents. And they had homemade limoncello and coffee for our international coffee bar!

I could go on & on & on about how wonderful, thoughtful, attentive, and lovely Nick & Ian and everyone else at Sea Cliff is, and how beautiful and perfect the venue is. You literally cannot go wrong booking your wedding here, I am SO happy we did!

Sent on 04/23/2018

This place is very beautiful. If you're looking to have a big, elaborate modern day wedding, then this is not the place for you. This place is great for an intimate wedding and I love the vintage feel. I will be having my wedding here and the people here are great. They're helpful, understanding and very compassionate. Definitely a great place for a not so over the top, but tasteful wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Rose · Married on 04/24/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at this venue and it was absolutely perfect. We loved all of the decorations and the service provided by all the staff. Ian was great with organizing everything and keeping things on schedule. He helped us make our day so perfect and we couldn't be happier with how great everything turned out.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Sheila · Married on 05/16/2015

On May 16, 2015, we celebrated our marriage at Sea Cliff Manor. We did it all there: ceremony and reception for about 70 people. It was PERFECT. The venue is beautiful and was a wonderful setting for an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. The interior is beautifully decorated with lovely views. The food was excellent, and the liquor was top shelf. The staff was attentive to all our guests. The price was extremely reasonable.

Above all, Ian was wonderful to work with. He went above and beyond to make sure that the day was everything we wanted it to be. And he was unflappable, so that even with the threat of rain, he made us feel that moving everything indoors would be no big deal and would still be lovely. Turned out we didn't need to do that, but he helped us to be relaxed and joyful on your special day! I can't recommend Sea Cliff Manor highly enough.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Sea Cliff Manor was wonderful! Every guest thoroughly enjoyed themselves and said the food was great. The service was great. There was an abundance of food. The bartenders were able to get any drinks my guests requested.
    Our maitre'd, June, was amazing! She was constantly checking in with us to make sure everything was going okay. She made us plates of food during the cocktail hour because we were talking with people.
    Last minute we decided to move the cocktail hour inside and they were able to quickly and efficiently set everything up.
    They worked very well with all of our other vendors and made the entire wedding day run extremely smoothly. The florist was a little late and June took care of everything without involving me or adding any stress to me.
    Sea Cliff Manor was very flexible and willing to work with us. They only do one wedding at a time and are able to provide special personal attention. They adjusted the contracts and menus to fit our needs. They were extremely accomodating and everything went perfectly!

Any future parties I would consider having at one of the Sea Cliff Manor properties.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Violette · Married on 12/21/2013

When I started looking at venues to have my wedding, I had two big problems: 1) I was starting to plan 3 months away from our set date and 2) I was going to have less than 100 guests. I called catering hall upon catering hall and was quoted super high prices, and told I had to guarantee 100 guests. And then...I found Sea Cliff Manor.

My now-husband and I decided to check it out after they offered us a great price and it was love at first sight. We met with Megan who gave us a tour. One thing I can say is that this is NOT a catering hall. It's an old, classic house with such a perfect feel! We saw this venue right as Fall was starting and walking inside to a gorgeous, roaring fireplace, with scents of apples and sights of pumpkins was utterly perfect! We had our wedding 4 days before Christmas and the decor certainly did not disappoint then either - wreaths and garland were everywhere! As a Bride, it made my decorating job so much easier when I found out I was just to be responsible for what was on the tables. As soon as we sat with Megan and went over all the logistics, we were set. I had appointments to see 3 other venues and I called them all to cancel. We didn't want to see any other places.

I met with Megan several times prior to the big day and each time, everyone was so helpful and accommodating! One thing I was worried about was the food, since the reviews here were so poor and we didn't do a tasting beforehand. Well, it was TOTALLY unwarranted! Each of my guests raved to me how delicious everything was and seriously? I ordered the Chateau Briand as my entree (Steak. At a wedding. A risky move. I know.)...and it was cooked to perfection! Cocktail hour was great and my guests were in awe of the amount of food provided and selection. I mean, we had probably at least 20-30 different food items to choose from. The bar was great and the wait staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Denise · Married on 10/12/2013

Excellent venue. So glad we chose it. Worked with us each step of the way. Even had Meryl (the maitre d) be our officiant. :)

Sent on 11/05/2013

Mj · Married on 01/12/2013

San Souci was perfect for us! I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. Meryl was my point of contact from the onset and she was ALWAYS available for me, ALWAYS helpful, and most of all, she made sure I was happy with everything throughout the wedding day itself. We had a gorgeous winter wedding there with 110 guests. That is the perfect amount for this venue. The fireplaces looked beautiful, and the winter water view is awesome bc there are no trees. Plus, my guests RAVED about the food. The food was so NOT the typical wedding food. Even our cake was delicious! The cocktail hour was awesome...I'd been a little skeptical about it because San Souci does cocktail hour in the same space as the dining area, but everything looked gorgeous and it started off the wedding perfectly. Meryl coordinated with my music people (live jazz for cocktail, dj for the rest) so that everything went smoothly. The price is so reasonable that we upgraded the apps and added the Vienese hour, and it was totally worth it. Meryl was great with all the little details...for example, my husband's bday was the day after the wedding, so I wanted to have a cake for him after we did our wedding cake cutting. Sure enough, Meryl timed it so that after we did our cake moment, a staff member emerged with a candle-lit birthday cake for him and all the guests sang for him.

Sent on 02/16/2013

Gina · Married on 08/25/2012

Beautiful place to have your special day. The food is very Good.

Sent on 08/30/2012
  • notika

natalia · Married on 05/15/2010

Love them!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2010
  • Sully

A · Married on 04/27/2019

Great venue, great people!

I had my wedding back in April at Sea Cliff Manor. I was so nervous about my wedding day turning out well and things running smoothly, but at the end of the event I couldn't be happier and the staff at Sea Cliff Manor were an integral part of making it a great wedding.

I met with Nick over a year before my wedding and really enjoyed his hospitality. When it came down to picking out our venue we were down to three options, one of them being Sea Cliff Manor. After going through all the pros and cons we actually decided on a different venue at first. But then after speaking with Nick again to discuss some logistics and pricing we really felt that Sea Cliff Manor was the perfect venue for us. The food was great and they did a great job putting everything together. Ian did a great job making sure everything went smoothly the day of. All I had to do was drop off the extra decor a few days before the wedding and tell him how I wanted things set up and everything was executed perfectly.

The chef was even willing to make a special Sri Lankan station for cocktail hour and all I had to do was provide recipes. The station was a hit and they were able to make it delicious! We also requested another custom station as we wanted a pizza station during cocktail hour and they did a great job with this as well. We loved that we were able to customize things to how we wanted it and to match our tastes/interests. We were very set on having certain things at our wedding and was thrilled that Sea Cliff Manor was willing to work with us.

The one down part of the day was that the weather ended up being a little cold and windy so we had to move the cocktail hour inside and I was really looking forward to an outside cocktail hour. Ian and his team were quickly able to make the transition to an indoor cocktail hour and no one would have even known that it was a last minute change. We were at least lucky to still have our ceremony outdoors.

Overall I highly recommend Sea Cliff Manor!! Nick and Ian are great to work with and the venue is beautiful!

Sent on 06/12/2019