Sea Cliff Manor Reviews

35 | Sea Cliff, NY

35 Reviews for Sea Cliff Manor

Alessandria · Getting married on 12/04/2021

Wouldn’t have chosen anywhere else!

My fiancé and I booked here for December 2021. The whole staff has been a pleasure to work with, accommodating, friendly, warm, and such a huge help in the process so far. We had absolutely no hesitation in booking SCM as the home for our special day.

Sent on 03/15/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Tullo · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Beautiful, Waterview venue!

Beautiful venue looking out onto the water! Very unique and not like the typical long island hall! Nick and Ian are such sweet guys and i cant wait for them to make my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Amanda · Married on 11/08/2019

Absolutely amazing in every way

Our wedding was the best day of our lives and alot of that has to do with Sea Cliff Manor. They made everything memorable. All of our guest have expressed to us that they had an amazing time. I had a few meltdowns and Camille and Ian were right there making everything better. The weather was quite cold and Ian just made everything work. I can't express my happiness enough . Camille, Ian and Nick are just so amazing, accomadating, helpful and the nicest people! A special big shout out to one of our waiters Christian who looked like he just as much fun as we did! You will not to wrong in picking sea cliff Manor as your venue!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Mary · Married on 10/20/2019

Amazing Experience

I cannot recommend Sea Cliff Manor enough. My husband and I were married two weeks ago on October 20th and we are still getting compliments about the beauty of the venue, the service of the staff, and the quality of the food. Ian and the rest of the staff were with us the entire process of planning our wedding and went above and beyond to make it an incredible day. They were very helpful, responsive, flexible, kind, and thorough. They ensured that everything went smoothly and took so much of the stress out of planning for us. And on top of all that the value of this venue is amazing. You get so much for your money and the food is unbelievably good. The staff really listened to our wants and needs for the day and ensured they were all met. It didn't feel like just another "cookie-cutter" wedding. It was personalized which made it so special to us.
    Choosing Sea Cliff Manor for our wedding venue was hands down the best choice we made throughout the whole planning process.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 10/12/2019

Reception Venue

Had the most *amazing* night of our lives at Sea Cliff Manor. Everything about our wedding was astoundingly beautiful— couldn’t have had a better experience anywhere else!
    - [ ] Having incredible service from Ian, the in-house wedding coordinator who there every step of the way was amazing— he answered all our needs, requests, and questions from not only bride and groom, but also from the parents of the bride! In addition, Ian’s presence, guidance, and support the day of our wedding made the day go off unhitched— his coordination and leadership was so calming and relieving.
    Additionally, the support and service from Nick and our bridal attendant, Camille, just made the day so calm and perfect. I was astounded by the exceptional service and accommodation from everyone at Sea Cliff— especially as a nervous bride— I just had the best day... more than I could have asked for!
    The venue itself is beautiful! The gorgeous mansion overlooking the water, with blooming June flowers, made an epic outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. The food was PHENOMENAL. Every guest was honestly astounded— not only at how many options, how much food, and the quality... but how INCREDIBLE everything we ate was! We opted for the seafood boat with lobster and it was one of the best choices we could have made— every guest *loved* it. It made our event so special and unique— it was worth getting. Dinner was amazing— so much food after the cocktail hour— but guests loved it. The ice cream tartufo was my favorite!!! It made our wedding cake so much more enjoyable.
    Checked some of the photos from our photographer during the sunset photos... and they are going to be phenomenal. The weather was what caused me the most anxiety, but honestly, it would have been amazing rain or shine. It was evident our money went to our special day— not just marked up for the sake of the wedding business. Also, being the only wedding on the grounds was so important to us— it was our day, unlike some other LI venues that have multiple events.
    We heard about Sea Cliff Manor by word of mouth from my husband’s personal trainer who also had his wedding there. I will 100% recommend Sea Cliff Manor to anyone looking to get married!!!! Thank you so much— we can’t express enough gratitude for how epic and memorable our wedding was.
    Every guest said it was definitely one of the best weddings they’ve ever been to— I can’t imagine how you could top it!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Nelson · Married on 09/29/2019

Wedding September 2019

My husband and I were so happy at Sea Cliff Manor! Everything was absolutely perfect. Our family and friends were raving about the gorgeous venue, the delicious food, and the amazing staff!

The staff made our day even better than we imagined! They listened to everything that we discussed and then made it even better than we planned. Everyone's attention to detail was much appreciated. Everything was seamless and effortless for us and we appreciate that we were able to just relax and enjoy our special day.

Each and every staff member at Sea Cliff worked to create this amazing day for us! Everyone that we interacted with was absolutely amazing! We really cannot say enough about the wonderful staff at Sea Cliff!

We especially appreciate our wedding coordinator, Ian, for being with us every step of the way. He promptly answered every question we had and never said no to any of our requests. He listened patiently to all of our ideas and helped everything come together perfectly.

We will not hesitate to recommend Sea Cliff manor!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Emilia

Emilia Lawler · Married on 09/27/2019

Emilia and Eric Lawler

I feel every bride should love their venue and deserves there dream wedding. My husband and I were fortunate enough to get married on one of the most beautiful days of the year, September 27th 2019. From beginning to end the Seacliff manor gave us our dream wedding. We worked so closely with the owner Nick and his maitre D, Ian since the day we booked. We had a vision and they made that vision a reality. We arrived early to take pictures on the grounds and across the street to get some water and sunset shots. Our bridal attendant, Camille surpassed our expectations as she was on top of everything for my husband and I. We were never without a drink or food. She checked in with us constantly and made sure we were taken care of the entire night.

Our guests were immediately greeted with champagne upon exiting there cars and greeted to the gorgeous setup of the cocktail hour. The fire pits were burning surrounded by there gorgeous outside lighting. The lounge area just added to the beautiful ambiance. The food at the stations were to die for along with the passed hor douvrs which just kept on coming! My husband and I could hear our guests positive reactions. Nick and Ian were circulating around making sure everything was done to perfection. The servers were accommodating and beyond professional. This presence carried through into our reception. The waitstaff was top notch. They took orders and served our guests happily and with such pride. The food knocked anything we had ever had out of the ball park. We weren’t served you’re typical catered food but fresh to order meals. The filet Mignon could be cut with a fork, the chicken option was a hit, and the sea bass melted in your mouth. Our guests dishes were wiped clean. The feedback we received was remarkable and it is a salute to the Seacliff manor. The bar had no lines and they also refilled drinks as needed at the table. All our guests raved about the passed desserts which we opted to do instead of a Viennese hour.

The Seacliff manor provided a wedding we will never forget. Our guests are still blown away at the quality of food, service, and overall atmosphere of the Seacliff manor. The Seacliff manor is a diamond in the ruff!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Ariana

Ariana · Married on 07/27/2019

Highly Recommend

Absolutely cannot wait to celebrate my marriage at Sea Cliff. That's enough said! Go there and experience the charm yourself!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Alanna

Alanna · Married on 06/08/2019

Irreplaceable// top notch

Our reception was held at Sea Cliff Manor on June 8th, 2019. From the moment we booked in October of 2017 we knew we found the right place for us. Through the entire process Ian and Nick were there to help us and truly treated us like family. Our cocktail hour was held outside and it wowed our guest. The grounds are beautiful and this is not your cookie cutter wedding venue. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was and how unique the venue was they have never been to a wedding like it. Do yourselves a favor and book with Sea cliff asap. We owe our amazing day all to them!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 06/07/2019

Excellent!!

My fiancé and I visited Sea Cliff Manor about 2 weeks after getting engaged, and immediately fell in love. The venue has a nice outdoor area for ceremony and cocktail hour, but inside is gorgeous!! We had other appointments set up for other venues after, and ended up cancelling them because we felt so sure Sea Cliff Manor was the place for us.

Sent on 01/16/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Japngie · Married on 05/31/2019

Obsessed! Gorgeous venue and perfect experience

Where to begin! First of all this venue is so refreshing. When we went to look at venues we got confused after going into ballroom after ballroom. I ended up seeing Sea Cliff Manor alone the first time and knew within minutes this is where I wanted to get married. Ian was so passionate and excited that it was contagious! We ended up booking the next week when I brought my fiancé. The whole planning process was amazing. Ian and Nick recognized my voice any time I called or came to the venue. Anything we could imagine Ian and Nick made a reality. Ian gently gave his opinion when we were torn (like cocktail hour stations) and those details we trusted to him were some of people’s favorite parts of our wedding. He knows what he is talking about! They coordinated a perfect day. Ian handled our whole ceremony that flowed seamlessly and were more than accommodating to my grandparents and parents who needed special accommodations for getting down the aisle. The staff went above and beyond even to our guests. Ian personally delivered food and snacks to a hungry guest before the ceremony and arranged special seating for my aunt and uncle. The whole night went perfect I can say I attended and got to enjoy my wedding. My bridal attendant made sure I got food and always had a drink in my hand. I cannot express enough how wonderful the staff was. No better location to have a gorgeous wedding among a team that treats you like family. My guests also say best food they have had at a wedding in a while if not ever. This place is magical and I’m so happy to have celebrated such a momentous occasion with them!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Kathleen · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing!

We are SO happy we chose to have our wedding at Sea Cliff Manor!! It was the best day of our lives and wouldn’t have been the same at any other venue. We met with Nick when we first visited and he was a pleasure to work with in making the initial plans. Nick was always flexible in when we could meet. Nick and Ian answered emails quickly and helped us every step of the way. Scheduling the tasting was great, Nick even helped organize a Sunday for us because that worked best for our schedules. As the big day approached, we worked with Ian closely. He was AMAZING. He is the best wedding planner and organizer. He answered every question we had and even ones we hadn’t thought of yet. He was so prompt on the email responses. He was beyond organized. When it came to setting up for the day of, Ian set everything up PERFECTLY. It was exactly as we imagined. Ian made sure everything went smoothly the night of the wedding and I felt so at ease knowing he was on top of all the details. Ian also had the best idea for a photo at the end of the night and it’s one of my favorites from the day!! I would recommend Sea Cliff Manor to EVERY engaged couple looking for the most fabulous venue.

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2019

My dream wedding!

I can’t begin to say enough wonderful things about Sea Cliff Manor, Nick, & Ian. They are the best in the business at what they do. It’s exactly what we wanted in a venue (intimate, unique, not a typical catering hall, one wedding A DAY, and on the water.) I appreciated feeling like I was never part of a “hard sell-“ Nick was honest about the things he liked and the things he would pass on. They worked with our budget and made sure we got the things that were important to us. Due to inclement weather, our cocktail hour had to be inside which was not the original plan. But the staff moved seamlessly and efficiently and the turn over from cocktail hour to dance floor was barely noticeable. And while I fell in love with the outdoor area for cocktails, I had just as much fun inside. The guests didn’t even know the difference! The food was out of this world. In fact, a group of my friends set up shop right outside the kitchen during the cocktail hour so they could be the first to get the hors d’oevrs. My bridal attendant Camille was attentive without being overbearing. The team at Sea Cliff Manor truly provides unbeatable service with great attention to detail and unwavering professionalism!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Heather · Married on 04/28/2019

Hands down, the best wedding venue we could have asked for!!

We recently had our wedding at Sea Cliff Manor and it was fantastic! From start to finish, everything was absolutely perfect and we could not be happier with our choice. The first time we went there it just felt right. We had already been to numerous venues across Long Island and none of them appealed to us at all. It seemed we were visiting one “wedding factory” after another. Then, we went to Sea Cliff Manor and met Nick. He welcomed us in, showed us around and made us feel at home while he told us about the place. We immediately loved the look and vibe of the room and grounds. It felt so elegant, so intimate, so open to possibilities. We had decided we were going to do a Gatsby-inspired wedding and this was the perfect setting. Perched on a hill overlooking the waters of L.I.’s Gold Coast, it seemed it was meant to be for the party we had dreamed up.
    While Nick talked with us about menu options it was clear he had a passion for food and service that ran in his family for several generations. He was so easy to talk with, never pushy or intimidating. Really a pleasure to work with! He then introduced us to Ian, the Maître D’ of Sea Cliff Manor who was AMAZING from start to finish (More on that in a moment). When we were finished meeting with Nick we walked outside, turned to each other and said “So this is the place, right?”
    Throughout the following year of planning, Ian and Nick were there for us the whole time. Always friendly, responsive, professional and organized, they made us feel comfortable and confident in our first big decision together. It was so easy to work with them. They were there to answer any questions we had and provide valuable advice and guidance during the planning process.

On the day of the wedding, everything was perfect! We had our ceremony there as well as the reception. It was such a beautiful setting and everyone there went the extra mile to make everything perfect for us. Ian was absolutely amazing the entire day. He had the ceremony down to such precision that it was truly impressive to watch! He made everything run so smoothly for everybody involved that all we had to do was focus on getting married and enjoying the moment. He did a fantastic job setting up the tables and centerpieces as well as all our decorations. Everything was arranged just the way we imagined. When we first walked in and saw the room all ready to go for the party we were so stunned and pleased. It looked so beautiful and you could tell how much effort was put in to make everything look perfect. There was a champagne greeting for our guests as they arrived that added a touch of class while they waited for the ceremony to begin. When the ceremony concluded the transition to the cocktail hour and reception was seamless. When the party began Ian and his team provided such exceptionnel service that we were hearing about it for days afterwards from our guests. Here’s just one example: my father doesn’t get around too well due to breathing problems. I had mentioned this to Ian and Nick beforehand. Well, the next day my dad told me that wherever he went, Ian or one of his team were always there with a chair ready for him to sit. This meant the world to me and I’ll never forget it. The Bridal Attendant, Camille was also fantastic!! She was so attentive to us the whole time, making sure we had food and drinks, making sure our guests were well taken care of. They were ready for every eventuality! For example, one of the guests had a button snap on her dress and Camille was right there, taking her to the back and fixing it up! When the fastenings for the bustle on the bride’s train came loose, she was there with a handy sewing kit to save the day! All the guests raved about her too, and my sister even sent me a message the next day specifically about Camille and how wonderful she was. Not only was the service incredible but the food was delicious!! Definitely not your average wedding venue food. If they opened up a fine dining restaurant there we would be frequent guests...that’s how great the food was! From the appetizers to the main course to the dessert - all the food was impeccable!

Ian was there throughout the evening to make sure everything flowed smoothly from the dances to the speeches. At the end of the night (and weeks after) all our guests were raving about the place and many said it was the best wedding they’d ever attended. All in all it was a perfect day without a hitch and we are so grateful to Nick, Ian, Camille, and the entire staff of Sea Cliff Manor for giving us the wedding we dreamed of!

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah T · Married on 03/05/2019

Best Day Ever!

We had our wedding at Sea Cliff Manor on 05.03.19 and WE HAD THE BEST TIME!!!

Ian the Matri D is an amazing human being for everything he does behind the scenes, everything went so smoothly and it felt generally amazing to know that we could show up and not have to worry about anything. Our bridal attendant Camille, was with us EVERY SINGLE moment, from plates of food to water, walking in the sand for pictures, the staff performs and delivers with the utmost care and professionalism.

The food was amazing and everyone loved it! Nick and Ian will work with you to make the dreams of your meals come true and will work with you to help keep everything reasonable. We asked for specific upgrades like a seafood station (complete with oysters, clams, and shrimp) and baby lamb chops and we were still able to stay within budget.

Sea Cliff Manor is a beautiful and intimate space and includes well-manicured grounds. The interior is beautiful and classic that does not need any additional decor. It has that long island, gold coast, Gatsby charm, that sits on the water, with a beautiful fireplace. You will NOT be disappointed if you choose this venue.

Sent on 05/07/2019

persimonefink · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfectly romantic, perfectly simple.

I cannot tell you how much I recommend Sea Cliff Manor for weddings. I had the most beautiful night I could imagine. Ian and Nick fulfilled every wish I had and were so accommodating. Not only is the venue beautiful but the food is UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING!! My night was the perfect mix of romance, class and simplicity all in one. I don't know how else to put it but if you're looking to have an intimate ceremony/wedding with amazing food a great space and not spend your life savings GO TO SEA CLIFF MANOR.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/06/2018

Get ready for a long one:

I can't say enough great things about Ian and the rest of the staff at Sea Cliff Manor! My husband and I recently had our reception there and it was perfect. We married on 10.6.18, had our cocktail hour outside from 6-7pm and reception inside from 7-11pm. From the very beginning Ian calmed our nerves about the details of the day. We originally had one idea about our reception in mind, changed halfway through and Ian adjusted without any issues.

Our cocktail hour was outside and was more beautiful than I imagined. The lights were hanging from above, fire pit was glowing and the cocktail food tables and high tops were perfectly placed so people did not feel packed in.

Our reception was held inside. All tables were on the level above the dance floor, leaving plenty of room to party. We had 183 guests which seemed like a lot for the size of the room but worked out quite nicely. We went with rectangular tables and fit between 10-12 ppl a table. Any more people and we would have had to put some tables around the dance floor which I wouldn't have liked - Sea Cliff just widened their dance floor so we didn't want to lose any space. If you want the dance floor for dancing only, try to stay under 190 (this number could possibly change if you use rounds). We had 2 bars, one on the dance floor in the corner and one in a room off the dining area. This made it possible for the many guests to be served without waiting forever. The food was unreal, especially the ravioli with shrimp appetizer. Ever since the tasting I couldn't wait to have more. Everyone I spoke to only had great things to say.

We opted for the late night snacks to be served towards the end of the evening. Sliders, lobster mac and cheese, grilled cheese, hot dogs and ff - AMAZING!

All and all the evening was perfect, Ian killed it. If you want to be in good hands, go with him!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Cheryl · Married on 09/07/2018

Your Wedding Your Way

After visiting many other wedding venues, we followed the recommendation of a friend and visited Sea Cliff Manor. I’m glad We did.

We were married on a beautiful evening in September. The ceremony was held outside as the sun was setting. The cocktail hour was also held outdoors under strung lights with the reggae and calypso sounds of a steel band player. We wanted a relaxed Caribbean feel. We were able to accomplish that thanks to, the Maitre’D, Ian. He was helpful in making menu selections and organizing an authentic “jerk chicken station” in addition to all the other delicious options we selected. Our guests really enjoyed the food.

My husband and I got to enjoy our wedding day because Ian took care of the details.

Nick and Ian are good at what they do. They both have years of experience in the business and it shows. They really take pride in “Doing it Your Way!” They listen and are willing to accommodate requests, if at all possible.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, one event venue, with professional staff, great food, beautiful grounds, amazing views, and the flexibility to customize your event the way you want, you really should consider Sea Cliff Manor.

Cheryl

Sent on 10/30/2018

Alyssa · Married on 08/25/2018

Our 8/25/18 wedding at Sea Cliff Manor was absolutely perfect from start to finish!! From the moment I stepped into Sea Cliff Manor, I knew this was the only place I could picture my husband and I getting married at. Nick treated us like family at our first meeting and throughout the entire planning process. Ian is beyond professional and truly a perfectionist! I planned my wedding from out of state, with my husband in a completely different state, but Nick and Ian made the process seamless. I knew I was in the BEST hands the entire time! Not a detail was missed the day of the wedding. Ian even went above and beyond to include all of our guests in a special blessing that is a family tradition. The bridal attendant, Camille, was so attentive, providing ample food and drinks in the huge bridal suite before cocktail hour started. Speaking of cocktail hour- simply AMAZING! Perfect weather aside, the gorgeous setting and stunning views of the sunset during cocktail hour were breathtaking. I could have stayed at the cocktail hour forever. There was so much food and every single thing was delicious. Our guests all raved about their dinner courses as well. The Sea Cliff Manor is the most charming, elegant, intimate venue. Because it is not your cookie-cutter catering hall, everything is customizable and anything I asked for was possible! I would recommend Sea Cliff Manor over and over again!! Pure PERFECTION!!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Jing Jing · Married on 05/12/2018

May 12, 2018 was a magical day for my husband and me. Nick (the owner) and Ian (maitre d') were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. Sea Cliff Manor is an elegant mansion set on a hilltop overlooking the north shore. It was cozy, but not crowded. We had about 130 guests and it felt perfect. Our wedding day was overcast, so we were unable to have our cocktail outside, but it was just as lovely inside. Every guest raved about the food--cocktail hour and main courses, as well as dessert. We are so happy that we chose Sea Cliff Manor. Wish it didn't go so fast!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Nicole · Married on 04/14/2018

The Sea Cliff Manor is absolutely, without a doubt, the most amazing wedding venue ever. I got married there last week and I still can't stop raving about them!!

From our initial meeting with the owner, Nick, and working with the event manager, Ian, all of the planning for our wedding was easy and seamless. I would send an email, and get a reply in no more than 15 minutes - it was amazing! And, since I planned my wedding from across the country, that kind of communication and ease of planning went a long, long way. I knew that we were in excellent and capable hands with Nick & Ian!

The setting is absolutely gorgeous: it's directly across from the water (highly recommend taking some photos over there!) and the front lawn where they host cocktail hours gives you sweeping sunset views. It really is spectacular. Inside is just as beautiful; they even put in a gorgeous new dance floor this year! The bridal suites upstairs are huge, and they even have a bridal attendant to make sure you're taken care of throughout the night.

Literally everything about this venue and staff is above & beyond and brilliant - they even took the time to make a few strawberry pies, which is one of my family's most beloved recipes from my grandma, which meant so much to me and my parents. And they had homemade limoncello and coffee for our international coffee bar!

I could go on & on & on about how wonderful, thoughtful, attentive, and lovely Nick & Ian and everyone else at Sea Cliff is, and how beautiful and perfect the venue is. You literally cannot go wrong booking your wedding here, I am SO happy we did!

Sent on 04/23/2018

This place is very beautiful. If you're looking to have a big, elaborate modern day wedding, then this is not the place for you. This place is great for an intimate wedding and I love the vintage feel. I will be having my wedding here and the people here are great. They're helpful, understanding and very compassionate. Definitely a great place for a not so over the top, but tasteful wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Rose · Married on 04/24/2016

My husband and I had our wedding at this venue and it was absolutely perfect. We loved all of the decorations and the service provided by all the staff. Ian was great with organizing everything and keeping things on schedule. He helped us make our day so perfect and we couldn't be happier with how great everything turned out.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Sheila · Married on 05/16/2015

On May 16, 2015, we celebrated our marriage at Sea Cliff Manor. We did it all there: ceremony and reception for about 70 people. It was PERFECT. The venue is beautiful and was a wonderful setting for an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. The interior is beautifully decorated with lovely views. The food was excellent, and the liquor was top shelf. The staff was attentive to all our guests. The price was extremely reasonable.

Above all, Ian was wonderful to work with. He went above and beyond to make sure that the day was everything we wanted it to be. And he was unflappable, so that even with the threat of rain, he made us feel that moving everything indoors would be no big deal and would still be lovely. Turned out we didn't need to do that, but he helped us to be relaxed and joyful on your special day! I can't recommend Sea Cliff Manor highly enough.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Sea Cliff Manor was wonderful! Every guest thoroughly enjoyed themselves and said the food was great. The service was great. There was an abundance of food. The bartenders were able to get any drinks my guests requested.
    Our maitre'd, June, was amazing! She was constantly checking in with us to make sure everything was going okay. She made us plates of food during the cocktail hour because we were talking with people.
    Last minute we decided to move the cocktail hour inside and they were able to quickly and efficiently set everything up.
    They worked very well with all of our other vendors and made the entire wedding day run extremely smoothly. The florist was a little late and June took care of everything without involving me or adding any stress to me.
    Sea Cliff Manor was very flexible and willing to work with us. They only do one wedding at a time and are able to provide special personal attention. They adjusted the contracts and menus to fit our needs. They were extremely accomodating and everything went perfectly!

Any future parties I would consider having at one of the Sea Cliff Manor properties.

Sent on 10/20/2014