sdp photography Reviews

sdp photography 5
sdp photography 6
sdp photography 7

Alexandra · Married on 05/25/2019

Stephen took photos for or engagement and did an outstanding job! He captured every precious and authentic moment. The pictures are absolutely stunning! He was so fun and helpful! Definitely going to use him again!!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Jj Dd · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect choice

We loved working with Steve. Super fun, GREAT results, very flexible and responsive.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Ely Porter · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing photos, easy to work with

Steve is very talented at what he does, and he does it without ego and in a very laid back and easy going manner while still maintaining a high level of professionalism. He worked incredibly hard during our wedding to capture as many moments as possible while still being unobtrusive and photojournalistic in style. The majority of subjects are candid and natural, which fit our style best. Though he was very flexible and open to whatever portraits we wanted and worked hard to make them happen. Would not hesitate to work with him again or recommend him to others.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Mike · Married on 10/14/2017

We were so happy with Steve and the photos he took. He took the time to get to know us, what we liked, and what we were expecting in our pictures. We had a second shooter to get both bride and groom getting ready and everyone love both her and Steve. We had liked his candid photos and requested a lot in that type and we're very happy with the results. He had so many good shots and we were shocked how many good photos he took and we didn't even remember him taking them. He was super responsive to all our questions and needs and we had our photos very soon after the wedding. Much quicker than I have heard from other people. I would recommend him to anyone and really enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Mike,
    Thank you very very much for the kind words and for filling out a review. Your comments mean a great deal to me personally and professionally, and reinforce many of the things I love about photographing weddings. The images and feelings from that beautiful fall day, I will never forget. Thanks again for having me!

Silvia · Married on 10/07/2017

Stephen’s photography was the first wedding decision Abraham and I made... and it was one of the best! From the moment we had a beer with him discussing what was most important to us come wedding day, we knew he would do an incredible job! And he more than delivered! We were incredibly comfortable with Stephen on the day of our wedding and he captured all the moments we would have hoped for but also all the emotions and small meaningful interactions we missed. He has an incredible eye! When we look at our wedding photos, we get every single feeling back from that day! Thank you so much for our photos! They will forever remind us of all the joy we felt on 10/7/17!

Abraham & Silvia Lorrain

Sent on 12/06/2017
    sdp photography 8
    sdp photography 9
    sdp photography 10

Silvia & Abe,
    Wow, the images and emotions from your wedding are still swirling around happily in my head. What superb occasion!
    Thanks again for having me on board

Andrew · Married on 09/30/2017

Steve is absolutely amazing! A true professional who makes photography fun and produces gorgeous work.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Andrew,
    Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it!
    Looking forward to seeing you both again soon,

Alexis · Married on 09/30/2017

We have heard from countless guests and friends that ours were the most beautiful wedding photos they have ever seen! Stephen was absolutely wonderful to work with -- professional, kind, creative -- and his photos show it in every detail, every bit of light, every smile. We could never have dreamed to have such a beautiful photo-journalistic account of our special day as we did. While it all still feels like a dream, we have the most wonderful memories of it to look at every day.

Sent on 12/07/2017
    sdp photography 18
    sdp photography 19
    sdp photography 20

Jenn · Married on 07/29/2017

Stephen is an amazingly talented photographer, and a wonderful human being to work with! Hiring Stephen to shoot our wedding was by far the easiest planning decision we made, and he went above and beyond to get to know us and our Boston venue and keep us informed every step of the way. And the photos blew our already high expectations out of the water! Highly highly recommend.

Sent on 12/31/2017

lindsay · Married on 08/12/2016

Stephen was one of the first (and best!) choices we made when starting to plan our wedding. We live in Germany but got married in Maine...he came to meet us personally when we were in town and from then on the communication was easy, even with such a distance between us! He came over to the house on our wedding day while I was getting ready, and I felt super comfortable with him there. We have our photos now and couldn't be happier...better than I'd expected! I asked for lots of "unposed" pictures of people dancing and of my family members together, and boy did he deliver! Also very competitive prices compared to the other photographers I had researched. Thank you Stephen!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Lindsay,
    Thanks you kindly for the lovely review. You two were an absolute pleasure to work with, and I couldn't have been happier to be along to capture your big day. Congratulations again and best of luck over there in Germany!

Thomas · Married on 06/11/2016

Everyone we've shown our pictures to have loved them and said our photographer was such an amazing artist! Stephen is professional, friendly, fast (we had all our pictures back within one month of our wedding with a highlights gallery back to us within a week of our wedding) and easy to work with. He made the potentially awkward portrait photos easy and effortlessly blended into the crowd to capture candids. I can't recommend Stephen enough for weddings or whatever else you may need photographed!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for the excellent review, I appreciate it very much.
    It was great to see you at Jenn and Brian's wedding, and I was thrilled the referral chain continued from Puerto Rico to New Hampshire, to Boston.
    Congratulations again to you and Chelsea!
    Kindly,

Nancy · Married on 09/05/2015

Steve is the real deal, and then some. He's a true pleasure to have around. He is professional, warm, fun, and you can feel his passion for photography being in his presence. The best part is that you can trust him - you trust his passion, his skills, and his eye for creativity & capturing your proudest moments - which allows you relax and enjoy your special day. Just let him do his job, and you do yours - which is enjoy your day; he will capture it better than you can ever imagine!! I promise.

His passion for telling a story through a lens is remarkable. I certainly believe in fate - Steve offers his skills and time to the nonprofit I work for (& has for years), and because of this relationship I was lucky enough to have him as my personal photographer at my backyard tent wedding!

Steve exceeded my expectations, and he will yours. Here are the reviews from my mother and my husbands mother:

My Mom: OMG Nancy, they are absolutely beautiful. I love every single one of them. The girls are so angelic. Love that he thought to stop and take the night one leaving from the road. Simply amazing.

Husbands Mom: AMAZING!!! I absolutely LOVE these pictures - he certainly captured the moment, the couple, the crowd, and then some.

You are soooo talented, Steve!!!! You certainly found your passion and are going for it. I think the Food Network & Bobby Flay are baby steps to where you’re headed. Thank you is not enough, but THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Nancy,
    Working with you and Brad was a blast, thank you so very much for having me on board. Best of luck with the new brewery!
    Warm Regards,

Brad · Married on 09/05/2015

If you want extremely personalized & stunning wedding photos, Steve’s your man. We got all the shots we wanted and then some, and were absolutely blown away with the results. The way he captured our personalities, the little details, the candids, the spirit of the event. Everything was top-notch. He knew exactly when to steal us away for a few sunset shots without disrupting the flow of the wedding.

Steve exceeded my expectations. The turn-around rate was equally as impressive!

Brad

Sent on 09/16/2015

Andrew · Married on 08/22/2015

Steve was so pleasant to work with and provided top-notch service. He takes all the stress out of wedding photography and did amazing work, all the while being very respectful of our time on the big day. And his turn-around was amazing, we had all our photos ready for viewing within 2 weeks of our wedding day - and they are outstanding! We are so happy we chose SDP Photography and can't recommend him highly enough!

Allison & Andrew

Sent on 09/15/2015

Lindsay · Married on 06/20/2015

Stephen was, in a word, awesome. We got married in Maine, but we live in Chicago, and he was extremely helpful and responsive dealing with the long distance planning! We were able to meet in Portland before the wedding to talk about what we envisioned for the day, and he even connected us with a friend of his at Outliers Eatery (where we had our rehearsal dinner), who threw in a complimentary prosecco toast. I knew I wanted to do bridal party portraits on the water, but was not super familiar with Portland, so I put my trust in Stephen recommend a beautiful place, and he did not disappoint! He was absolutely wonderful on our wedding day, knowing exactly when to steal us away for a few "magic hour" shots without disrupting the flow of events. A true pro.

Stephen's photos speak for themselves. He really has an eye for capturing the small details, those emotional candid moments, and beautiful lighting. I really could not have asked for more, and I am thrilled that we have such gorgeous photos to help us remember every little moment of our wedding day! Thank you, Stephen!!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Grace · Married on 05/30/2015

We spoke to a lot of photographers before landing on SDP. While many photographers we spoke to had lots of conditions and rules about how our photos could be used (like no cropping of the photos without permission!), Stephen was much more relaxed- our pictures would be our pictures. We also really liked the samples of his work- we could see that he really focused on capturing the emotion and spirit of the day, which was our number one priority for photos. His pricing was also reasonable, which was an important consideration for us.

In the end, we could not be happier that we chose him for our wedding photographer. He went above and beyond, pro-actively arriving early to take photos of the venue set-up, and stayed late to grab a few extra shots before the night was over. He was super warm and professional, made us feel comfortable, and caught tons of great candids. I love love love how the photos came out, and appreciated having access to all of them in an unlocked format so that I could design our albums online (we made mixbook.com layflat books). His turnaround was super quick too- we received the fully processed digital photos before we even got back from our honeymoon.

I'd 100% recommend him

Sent on 07/17/2015

sdp photography's reply:

Grace! Your wedding was an absolute smash. Thank you so very much for having me along for the ride, as well as for the excellent review. I appreciate it!

Josh · Married on 02/22/2015

Stephen was an absolute joy to work with. He knows his craft, enjoys his work, and has the patience of a saint. Our posed photos are beautiful, and the candid shots captured the joy and tone of the day perfectly. I will be looking at these pictures for the rest of my life, and I am grateful that we hired someone so wonderful to help us create these memories.

Sent on 03/06/2015

Brandon · event on 10/18/2014

Stephen is incredible. I commissioned him to take my engagement photos at Acadia National Park. He and I had multiple conferences and ironed out all details prior to the surprise photo shoot.

Stephen wore a red hat and when Katie and I got to the top of Bubble Rock, we exchanged secret nods, as if to say "game on!" Katie and I descended the mountain to a point of privacy (as discussed), while Stephen VERY discretely scaled the rocks, capturing every moment (think: Mountain Goat with opposable thumbs and a GREAT eye for photography). I proposed and he NAILED the moment, framing us perfectly with the background beauty.

After the proposal, I let Katie know the moment was being captured. Stephen handed us a bottle of champaign he brought up as a congratulations, and took photos to our satisfaction.

Within 24 hours, he had the most stunning photos emailed to us. Perfectly. Captured. The. Moment.

I couldn't recommend Stephen high enough. He completely exceeded my expectations!

Best,
    Brandon

Sent on 03/31/2015

Nate · event on 11/24/2013

First things first, Stephen has photographed our family for a maternity session, a newborn session and holiday photos. He is great and super easy to work with. He knows exactly what to say to put everyone at ease. He even made our two year laugh which resulted in great photos. He worked quickly, professionally and made sure we walked away with awesome photos of our family. If you want an honest, talented and hard working photography, Stephen is your guy.

Sent on 03/09/2015

Niki · Married on 07/14/2012

Dave and I knew as soon as we met Steven we wanted him to photograph our wedding. I could tell by the questions he asked at our consultation that we were going to get extremely personalized service. We got all the shots we wanted and were absolutely blown away with the results. Our favorite photo from the wedding is up in our home and we've been told by visitors that it is, "the best wedding photo ever". A truly gifted photographer who is clearly passionate about what he does. Extremely professional and punctual. I would recommend Steven for any event.

Sent on 03/07/2015

Dani · Married on 08/06/2011

I really can't say enough good things about Stephen Phillips as our wedding photographer. He was professional, charming, accommodating, and the pictures were stunning. I don't really think I was TOO bridezillia-ish, but I did have some odd requests (e.g., preferred only one side of my face photographed, not too many posed pictures, good amount of wacky shots), and he delivered on all of them. We asked for a mix of black and whites, and the final pictures were perfect -- many black and whites, but also colors when the color really mattered (such as in front of this stunning red door outside the venue). Also -- and I mean this in the best way possible -- I honestly don't remember him at our wedding! I have attended literally 20 weddings in the past 5 years, and usually the photographer is so obtrusive. Stephen was perfect -- not in the way, but always polite. Our proofs arrived very soon after the wedding -- no hassle at all. My hubby and I are expecting our first baby in a few months, and we've already asked Stephen to photograph us and the little munchkin. I cannot recommend SDP Photography highly enough.

Sent on 03/10/2015
  • O

Amy · Married on 10/06/2013

Steve is the utmost professional, natural, authentic and talented man. My husband and I could not have been happier with our wedding photos. I highly suggest sdp photography.

Sent on 03/17/2015

4.2
      3.5

This photographer has a great personality that we were very happy to have as part of our special day. My Bride and I feel like perhaps some of the planning ahead of time could have been more thorough to insure we got every shot we wanted. That being said, the photos we like, we LOVE.

Sent on 08/13/2015