Scribner Bend Vineyards Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Emily G. Married on 09/17/2021

We Loved SBV!

12/10! My husband and I got married at Scribner Bend in September 2021 and I could not say more positive things about the venue and the SBV team. Jess is the wedding coordinator there, she is knowledgeable, friendly and patient throughout the whole process. She is patient when asking questions and easy to work with. The Paesanos team is also easy to work with, and the food was amazing. The whole venue itself is beautiful, and the guests at our wedding were impressed. Would highly recommend working with Jess and the SBV crew for your special day!

Scribner Bend Vineyards's reply:

Emily and Ulises, these photos are incredibly gorgeous! I had so much fun celebrating your wedding day with you and your guests. I wish nothing but the absolute best and am excited to see what your future holds! - Love, Jess and the Scribner Bend team.
  • casitadeALVAREZ
    Dennise G. Married on 10/17/2020

Engagement

We booked Scribner Bend for the proposal and we will be purchasing our wine from there!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 10/18/2019

Perfect venue!

The first and only venue we looked at!! Beautiful vineyard and the location is perfect, right on the river and easy to find. All of our guests loved it. It’s the perfect cozy, intimate atmosphere while you still get beautiful scenery and surroundings. Everyone working there is the absolute best, I felt like I had so much help, I don’t know how I would have done it without them! Little details I probably would have forgotten about were handled and it just all felt so organized. Planning a wedding is stressful enough but they made it so much easier. Soo friendly, professional, helpful, straightforward, you name it. From the first day we went to go check it out I knew it was the place I wanted. The in house caterer (Paesano’s) served us the most delicious food, all of our guests raved about the food and wine - and we got to enjoy plenty of it too. We had the most beautiful day and couldn’t have picked a better place to start our life together.❤️

Scribner Bend Vineyards's reply:

Emily and Jarad, I cannot thank you both enough for you kind words and laughs along the way as you were planning for your big day! We are beyond honored that you chose our winery to exchange vows and take this next journey together with all of your loved ones in attendance.

We wish you both endless adventures ahead, the strength to work through the tough times and cannot wait to see what the future holds for you both as you celebrate the big and little moments in life.

Cheers!
    - Jessica Dressel, Event Coordinator
  • Rocky
    Raquel Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing Venue

As an out of town couple my fiancé and I knew we wanted our wedding in our hometown. We found Scribner Bend Vineyards online and immediately fell in love with the venue. I had reached out to Jessica and after our emails I had my cousin view the venue while FaceTiming us (since were 1700 miles away) and after our FaceTime chat we knew that this was THE venue!

Working with Jessica was such a breeze! She was so organized and would even send me updates on what was needed. On our wedding day everything was so perfect from beginning to end. Jessica and the Scribner Bend team were so amazing and they made sure everything ran smoothly.

The venue is absolutely gorgeous and there almond white wine is SO good. I highly recommend this venue!

Scribner Bend Vineyards's reply:

It was my absolute pleasure working alongside you and Jordan on your wedding planning and getting to meet with your cousin day 1 to somehow show the beauty of our vineyard via FaceTime! I am so happy you both fell in love with Scribner Bend Vineyards and I am beyond honored to have been a part of your Wedding Day.

The entire Scribner Bend family cannot wait to see where your love goes and to watch it grow. You will both always have a special place in our wedding family at Scribner Bend Vineyards, we are so excited to see what the future holds for you both!
  • Carina
    Carina Married on 08/24/2019

The Perfect Venue!

I really couldn't have dreamed of a better venue! Jessica was so easy to work with even from out of state! She answered all my questions, no matter how big or small, within 24-48 hours! Being out of state communication was HUGE for me in the planning process! I would definitely recommend SBV to all of my friends and family and I would definitely consider having another event there as well!

Scribner Bend Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Carina, it was my absolute pleasure to work alongside you in your wedding planning!

I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you and Edward and look forward to hosting another event for you or your loved ones in the future. :)

Congratulations Newlyweds!

Warmest regards,
    Jessica Dressel and the Scribner Bend Family
  • Amanda
    Amanda K. Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing Venue

Jessica, and the whole Scribner Bend team, were a dream to work with for our wedding in August. Jessica keeps you up to date with reminders and is very organized. She makes you feel like you are the only event going on. Everything is straight forward and easy to understand. I did not worry about one thing on our wedding day. The venue was gorgeous and all of our guests kept saying how beautiful the setting was. Scribner Bend makes it really easy to pick vendors, if you’re not dead set on someone in particular. We hired everyone from their preferred vendor list and couldn’t be happier with all of their service. The food was amazing and everyone complimented on how delicious it was. Wedding planning can be stressful and hectic, but not with Scribner Bend. We highly recommend them as a wedding venue. You will not be disappointed!
    Stephanie Married on 05/18/2019

Gorgeous venue!

My fiance and I have been wine club members here for three years and got married here on 05-18-19 and I highly recommend them as a wedding venue.

As a wedding venue, Scribner Bend exceeded our expectations. We chose them initially because they are close to downtown Sacramento (easy access for all of our friends and family), they have reasonable prices compared to other venues in the region, they have always made us feel like family, the wine is wonderful, and the venue is just gorgeous. It was also a bonus that their exclusive caterer is Paesanos - which just so happens to be our favorite Sacramento restaurant.

Jessica helped make everything run smoothly from the planning stage through execution, and even with last minute changes she was calm and professional and everything went off without a hitch.

The day of our wedding we had to contend with a freak rainstorm (and I mean downpours all day), and my dream of an outdoor garden wedding was crushed (after all, one of the reasons I chose this place was because of the beautiful gardens and vineyards). However, Scribner had a backup plan and we ended up having the ceremony in the barrel room, cocktail hour in the tasting room, and moved the entire reception under the tent in the courtyard. I was amazed at how gorgeous the barrel room ceremony turned out and I had several people mention how they could not believe that was our BACK UP plan... in fact I might even have loved the barrel room more than the chardonnay garden! Moving the ceremony into the cocktail hour space and into the reception area seemed to go smoothly, and Jessica was even able to find some extra umbrellas for guests to use. In spite of the rain, we had a wonderful wedding, our guests had an amazing time, and we got some great pictures. Our guests raved about how pretty the venue was, how great the bartenders were, and how delicious the food was.

I also have to mention that I love that they have the bungalow on site for the bridal party to get ready in - that made the day go very smoothly and there is plenty of room for people to spread out and enjoy themselves. I just wish that the bride and groom were able to stay there overnight!

My wedding is a testimony to the fact that even in torrential downpours - you can have an amazing wedding at Scribner! :)

Scribner Bend Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Stephanie, your wedding was beyond magical and I thank you both so much for trusting us with your wedding day. We cannot wait to see where your lives lead you next and look forward to following along on your adventure!

You will both always be a part of our Scribner Bend Vineyards family and we cannot wait to see what the future holds for such a beautiful couple both inside and out.

Cheers Newlyweds!
    Jessica Dressel
  • Danielle
    Danielle S. Married on 09/29/2018

Expectations exceded

My husband and I held our wedding here at Scribner on September 29, 2018 and we could not have been more pleased. The professionalism of the staff from our very first visit and tour, to the many emails along the way, made us feel cared for like family. Every detail was carefully considered both in the planning and the day of. We love all the different locations around the property, and renting the bridal bungalow is a must! The menu we chose from Paesano's was incredible, the quick lines at the bars and the timing of our evening, along with the picturesque landscape are just a few reasons why we are constantly getting compliments from our guests. Over the months leading up to our wedding, we stopped in often to enjoy events such as the Chili Cook Off, and eventually became wine club members. We brought our families and friends to the winery for lunch many times and look forward to our first visit back as a married couple. Scribner Bend Vineyards was everything that we needed and wanted for our wedding, and so much more!
  • Kodie
    Kodie L. Married on 09/08/2018

September wedding at SBV

The weekend after we were engaged Jacie and I began looking for our dream venue. We wanted a barn, a big white tent, and a few vines to get the perfect photo nestled among the vineyard. I knew I would have to sacrifice at least one, right? Wrong! Little did we know that we would get all three and more! We booked three tours of venues in the greater Sacramento and Scribner Bend Vineyard was the first and only stop. When we walked on site, we looked at each other and just knew, this was where we would tie the knot! SBV was an absolute dream come true! Not only did they exceed all of our dreams and expectations, the whole staff was AMAZING! Jessica was so helpful and attentive with all of our questions and the staff on the day of took care of everything the wedding party, vendors, and guests needed. We could not have planned our dream wedding without Jessica and the staff at SBV, Jacie and I were both in grad school and all of our guests lived over 150 miles away. Jessica coordinated everything, and made the planning process a breeze! WE LOVE SBV and it is an added plus that we get to stop by the vineyard on weekends for good food and a glass of wine!
    Jay Married on 05/05/2018
    My wife and I chose Scribner Bend for our Wedding, and it was a great decision.

Jessica, our coordinator, was always on top of things during this whole process, which we started 18 months before the big day. She guided us through many logistics that we just did not think to address, as we counted on her to be the professional. She was definetly the expert, and answered all our questions if we didn't understand something.

Scriber has just an excellent venue for a wedding, and we would do it there again. It got a little cold on some of my guests because of the delta breeze, even in May, so if your considering doing it there I would tell guests to be prepared. Otherwise, Scribner provided us with some heaters and the fireplace as well.

I highly recommend this beautiful winery for a wedding and day you will remember forever.

Thank you Scribner Bend!
    Jennfier Married on 07/01/2017
    As an out-of-town couple planning our wedding 400 miles away, we wanted to book a venue in our hometown of Sacramento as soon as we got engaged. Upon visiting SBV, meeting with the coordinator, and touring the grounds, it was a no-brainer for my husband(!) and I.

Our 7/1/17 wedding was beyond perfection!! My bridesmaids and I rented the Bungalow on the property for the day which was perfect to get ready in, and the whole venue was a great backdrop for the day. We had our ceremony among the vines in the Chardonnay garden, our cocktail hour on the newly renovated back patio, and our reception under the tent...it was super convenient having everything in one location!

The grounds are gorgeous, the wine was fantastic, and the staff was amazing. We are so happy we chose Scribner Bend for our big day!
    Betsy Married on 06/30/2017
    I absolutely LOVE Scribner Bend! We are wine club members, and the venue has such a special feeling when you step out of the car, you almost forget you are in Sacramento. It is so incredibly beautiful, it is exactly what I wanted for our wedding. We hosted our wedding there on 6/30/17. Our coordinator, Jessica, was on top of everything all night long. Minor hiccups (like our seating chart sign falling and breaking) went unnoticed by me (the bride), because the Scribner team found a glue gun and glued it all back together before I even walked down the aisle. Everything the entire night was perfect, from the white peacock sitting on top of the barn above the dance floor, to the bartenders dancing in the bar and having fun with our guests. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a place for their wedding
  • User2522190 2+ years ago
    Tour this venue and you will fall in love instantly! They are very responsive and spend a lot of time with you to endusure your big day is perfect!
    Doralyn Married on 10/24/2014
    I can't express enough how WONDERFUL EVERYONE at Scribner Bend was! I worked with both Karen and Kelley and they were both fantastic! The venue is beautiful and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to marry the man of my dreams. I have two kids and the youngest one is a chatter box and enjoys being entertained! Karen and Kelley were so sweet and kind to him and kept him entertained by letting him collect walnuts! The day after our wedding he told his dad and I that he wanted to get married at Scribner because he loved their walnuts...lol They were so great at coordinating everything and making sure all of my vendors were on the same page. I didn't know it but it turned out my cake was late in getting delivered. THAT'S how great they are....they handled and took care of everything themselves! Their wine selection is amazing also. I received so many compliments on how gorgeous and beautiful the venue was. I would recommend Scribner Bend to anyone in a heart beat! Thank you to EVERYONE at Scribner Bend for being their on our special day!

Joe and Doralyn Pucci
    Nina Married on 08/08/2014
    Best wedding ever! Karen, Kelly and the entire staff were super amazing :) we love them so much we want to join their Vineyard family! They handled everything for us and made the day hassle free. Thank you for being so awesome!
    Mikala Married on 04/11/2014
    We fell in love with the site as soon as we came to check it out. Based on the helpfulness of the staff, the beauty of the site, and the professionalism of the coordinator, we made the choice then and there (not normal for us) to have our ceremony there. We even paid in full right then!!

For the wedding, it was the perfect day! Everything went seamlessly from set-up to take-down and everything In between. We had no worries, Scribner Bend made our Wedding Day exactly right!
    Annie Married on 10/20/2012
    IMPRESSED... I think that is the best word to describe how I feel about you all. I cannot say thank you enough for making our wedding day the most wonderful day of all!! From our first meeting, to every time we stopped off to taste wine or drop off a check, to the rehearsal, to the day of....everything was wonderful. Your venue is so beautiful and everyone there makes it all the better. You have been so kind, calm and patient, and have made us feel like a part of the family and we love that. On the wedding day, we were so well taken care of you'd of thought we were your only wedding this year. You were always there to help us throughout the whole planning process, and you were so so wonderful the entire day of the wedding. We were in good hands all throughout. All our our guests felt at home and cannot stop complimenting on the beautiful venue we chose to get married at. I could go on and on. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything. We are over the moon and we are happy to be a part of your Scribner Family. The Kaufmans
    Veronica Married on 06/10/2011
    We could not have asked for a better experience than what we had with Scribner Bend and their wedding coordinator, Mairi. Our 180-guest outdoor wedding turned out exactly how we imagined and we couldn’t have been happier! The location is beautiful and we purchased the Dream Package, which made wedding planning much simpler. The package turned out to be a great deal considering it covers everything you need and all their vendors are great to work with – flexible, professional and top notch! All our vendors helped us create the atmosphere we wanted - fun, casual and colorful. Mairi coordinated all of them the day of and we didn’t have to worry about anything. We highly recommend Scribner Bend if you’re looking for an outdoor, beautiful location and great service!
    Brooke Married on 05/28/2011
    I had a fabulous time with the staff of Scribner Bend Vineyards. They really do care about everything and making sure that your Special day is truly spectacular. I still feel this way even after the rain hit us on our wedding day. We were definitely in good hands. Scribner Bend had Plan B ready for me and I trusted everything would be perfect. and then.. it WAS!!
    Mairi is such a wonderful women that has taken care of every bride. she make the ride and wedding planning very smooth, comfortable for every bride. I would love to have more events to come at Scribner. I enjoyed observing the excellent attention to detail and professional and friendly work ethic they had. THERE IS A VERY POWERFUL VIBE OF ENERGY AND SCRIBNER... We were very happy.

THANK YOU.
    MARC AND BROOKE SAMPSON
    5.28.11
    Cheri Married on 10/15/2010
    I can still remember the first time I called Scribner Bend Vineyard and spoke with Mairi. We had many questions as most newly engaged couples would. Mairi was able to answer all of our questions and was very confident and reassuring. My fiancé and I set up an appointment for us to view the venue. Scribner Bend Vineyard was the first venue that we visited and we both fell in love with it instantly. Even though we knew this would be the place we would have our wedding, we felt that we needed to view the other venues on our list just to reinforce we were making the right decision. After visiting the other venues, there was no comparison. It only confirmed that Scribner Bend Vineyard was the perfect venue for our wedding.

From the beginning to the end, Mairi was always there for us. She was extremely easy to work with and very reassuring and confidant every time we spoke. Which is just what any bride needs! Mairi is very personal and makes you feel like you are the only bride and groom she is working with. Although, we were very impressed that every time she spoke about another bride and groom, she always referred to them by name.

My fiancé and I chose the Dream Wedding Package at Scribner Bend Vineyard and were the first to have our wedding using this package. We were very happy with all of the vendors offered in the package. We both believe we definitely benefited from having all of the top vendors offered in the package. Since all of the vendors are very familiar with the venue, they were able to assist us in making sure that we were making the right choices to achieve our dream wedding.

On the day of our wedding, Mairi was right there every step of the way ensuring that no detail was forgotten. Mairi takes great pride in her work and it shows. She is absolutely amazing and any bride and groom would be lucky to work with such an exceptional lady. Scribner Bend Vineyard is absolutely beautiful and we would recommend it to anyone that asked.

Thanks for making our wedding day dreams come true!
    The Newlyweds
    Dave & Cheri Chichizola
  • courtney&jonealellison@yahoo.com
    Joneal Married on 10/10/2010
    Words cannot express how happy we are that we got married at Scribner Bend Vineyards. Our journey began when we were looking for our dream wedding venue. My new husband and I went to Scribner Bend after looking at 30 other wedding venues. The moment that we arrived at Scribner Bend we fell in love with the vineyard. The venue was beautiful and very intimate. As we were leaving we met Mr. Scribner and he showed us around the venue and was so warm and welcoming. My husband and I booked Scribner Bend that following week almost two years before our actual wedding date. Throughout the wedding planning process we got to work with Mari who was absolutely amazing. Mari was so knowledgeable, and was very supportive. On our special day, Mark, Loraine and Mari were angels. We cannot thank them enough for all of the support and love they showed us on our big day. Our wedding day was perfect and our guest walked away raving about the venue and our wedding. All of the staff at Scribner Bend was professional, attentive and timely. Several of my friends loved our wedding so much they are asking our permission to get married there. My husband and I did not have to worry about anything on our big day! Everything went so smoothly and every time we turned around Mari had already taken care of everything. I would have paid more money to get married there that is how happy we are with the service we received. Thank you to the Scribner Bend family for going above and beyond on our special day. God really put great people around us on our wedding day and we are forever grateful!
    -Courtney & Joneal
  • LisaandChrisWaters
    Lisa Married on 10/03/2009
    Scribner Bend Vineyard is a beautiful venue with a fantastic staff. The vineyards surrounded us and our guests for ceremony and reception making the ambience feel comfortable and warm. They allow tents at the venue which we had that adds even more character to the venue. With the linen swooping across the top and chandeliers hanging added a romantic and elegant feeling during the reception. Mairi, the wedding coordinator, as well as the staff, did everything possible to our wedding a flawless, easy flowing, and gorgous evening. Our wedding was absolutely perfect! Check our our pictures on our page!
    Leah Married on 10/25/2008
    Mairi absolutely made the wedding come together and took care of details behind the scenes, i cannot thank her more! the winery owners were very friendly and have a beautiful property, everyone at the wedding raved about the location and the wines! We looked at about 20 wineries within 1 1/2 hours of downtown sacramento, and had almost given up until we saw Scribner Bend, it was everything we wanted and couldnt be happier with our choice.
    Allison Married on 10/04/2008
    It is beautiful! Even though they have a wedding pretty much every weekend throughout the spring, summer, and fall (and even every day of the weekend), they make you feel as if you're the only wedding.
    Crystal Married on 04/05/2008
    Scribner Bend Vineyard was the perfect place for our wedding! It is beautiful, romantic, and gives a wonderful and relaxing atmosphere for any event! What we got for the price we paid was wonderful! It's a wonderful value for their cost. Mairi and her staff at Scribner Bend were amazing! They helped with the wedding planning and made the whole process a breeze! The wedding day was perfect and worry-free. Mairi and the staff took care of everything! It was the best experience of my life and will no doubt go back for other events and wone tasting! I would absolutly recommend Scribner Bend Vineyards to everyone! It's the perfect place to start your new life!!!