Scratch Weddings Reviews

1 User photo

Scratch Weddings 1

Michael P. Collins · Married on 09/14/2019

Book Scratch Wedding

DJ Tweed and the staff at Scratch Weddings were super attentive, professional, and committed to executing our musical vision and the wedding playlist . To be perfectly blunt, DJ Tweed presided over and spun ALL the hits at an EPIC dance party. DJ Tweed and the Scratch Wedding team provided friendly and punctual service which was appreciated because planning a wedding has so many moving parts. Worrying about the DJ was never our concern. Highly Recommended.

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Rafaella

Rafaella · Married on 09/08/2019

It was a party

Scratch did an amazing job at getting everyone out on the dance floor and keeping them there! It was also super easy to coordinate all the details with them through email/phone. I recommend!

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Dayna

Dayna Guest · Married on 08/17/2019

Scratch Wedding and DJ Jon Blak are unreal!

Scratch Weddings was so easy to work with throughout the entire wedding process. They ensured all our questions were answered and they were extremely responsive. They offer a variety of different artists that speak to a wide range of personalities and musical taste. Scratch Weddings will work with you to get a sense for the vibe you are looking for and work to match you with your perfect DJ / musical artist and that is how we got matched with DJ Jon Blak.

To put it simply, DJ Jon Blak was absolutely phenomenal. His music selection had every single guest at our wedding, no matter what age, out of their seats and on the dance floor the entire night. He captured the exact energy and vibe we were trying to exude on our special day. DJ Jon Blak put in the extra effort to get to know us as a couple, understand the music that speaks to us and gets us energized, and that truly came through during our wedding day. DJ Jon Blak was with us from start to finish on our wedding day - the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception - and he did not falter once. He was the perfect hype man for our special occasion - in fact, SO many of our guests, guests our age and our parents age, told us it was the best selection of music they have ever heard at a wedding. We HIGHLY recommend DJ Jon Blak and Scratch Weddings for your next event.

Sent on 09/08/2019

Pam Johnson · Married on 05/04/2019

You want DJ Jon Blak!

DJ Jon Blak was incredible - you want him for any party! Our guests were on the dance floor all night, ages 18-70. We were so relieved to find a DJ who wasn't cheesy or focused on lighting gimmicks. He was an excellent MC, hitting the perfect tone during announcements, and kept the energy high on the dance floor. We were very happy with the team at Scratch to prepare in advance, including their music match profile. We gave Jon some general guidelines and he really wowed us. Multiple guests requested his contact info from him and from us after the wedding. We had high expectations and Jon exceeded every one!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • FutureMrsMcNaney

Stacy · Married on 10/07/2018

Scratch and DJ Sadhu were awesome!

We loved working with Scratch Weddings. My husband and I have unique music tastes and were very particular about what we wanted at our wedding. Scratch works with tons of DJs and they match you with a DJ who suits your music taste and needs. And, the best part is that they use an online platform where you can search for songs and create your playlist by time/event (first dance, bouquet toss, general dancing, etc). The program was easy to use and made us feel very in control over our music. We were matched with DJ Sadhu and he was awesome. He checked in with us before the wedding and arrived several hours early to set up. He followed our playlist to a tee, but was also flexible when I made some last minute requests during the reception. Scratch was a bit pricier than we had budgeted for a DJ but the splurge was well worth it - you definitely get what you pay for!

Sent on 11/01/2018
  • Ana D.

N/A · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Diva was the highlight of our reception

DJ Vida was one of the biggest highlights of our wedding! Our guests were raving about her throughout our reception. People kept saying to us: your DJ is amazing!! Even in the days after the wedding, we were getting messages asking if we could get her playlist! She definitely kept the dance floor going all night, which was exactly what we wanted. We also found that it was easy to coordinate and communicate our song preferences. The nice thing about going with a service like Scratch is their professionalism and the fact that in the worst case scenario, if your DJ can’t make it, they will send a backup DJ. Overall, we highly recommend working with Scratch and DJ Vida!

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 08/18/2018

DJ Trife was AMAZING! I've seen him spin at so many other weddings that it was a no brainer to have him DJ our wedding. Scratch was awesome throughout the process, keeping you up with things that needed to be completed and timeline details. On the day of Trife had all of my guests on the dance floor. It was packed the entire night and EVERYONE and I mean everyone raved about how great the music was. We used our Music Match online portal to choose songs that we liked, and Trife was actually able to stick to all of them. I can't say enough great things about Scratch in general, but if you book definitely book DJ Trife!

Sent on 09/03/2018
  • Catti Labelle

Quiana · Married on 07/07/2018

Working with Scratch Weddings was a complete joy. As a very excited, newly-engaged bride, I contacted Scratch before my husband and I even secured a venue and wedding date, but Scratch was very understanding and sent us information anyway. I love that they aren't your typical wedding DJs and prefer not to be overly cheesy, which was what we were looking for. Once we booked our venue, moving forward with Scratch was a breeze. MusicMatch was just so perfect for me as I like to be organized, so my husband and I enjoyed creating our playlists. Even through staff changes, everything was smooth sailing with Scratch, and I am so grateful for their professionalism and communication. One of my biggest worries was not having a lot of dancing, but DJ Alias had the dance floor packed! He took what we were going for and supplemented our list with so many great songs. There were so many bangers played that night and my Jamaican family members were so happy when "our" music was played, considering it was a "multicultural" wedding and the majority of the guests were from my husband's side. There was something for everyone, and I think some guests from the two sides actually bonded a bit over the love of the music! Thank you Scratch Weddings and DJ Alias for a wonderful, fun-filled evening.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Alice · Married on 05/18/2018

We hired Scratch Weddings for our wedding at Brooklyn Winery and used DJ Twin-T. The whole process was smooth and guided from beginning to end, which I very much appreciated since I hadn't planned big events in NYC before. They are clearly seasoned experts. Some of the best things:

1) They coordinated directly with the venue to arrange things like the sound system, arrival time, setup, etc. It was very seamless for me.
    2) They let you choose your own DJ based on sound clips they send you. If you don't like any of the initial ones they send over, you can request more.
    3) DJ Twin-T was AMAZING at reading the room and understanding our vibe for the wedding. We weren't really sure what exact songs should be played for the pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner time, etc. (basically background music), so left it in her hands, and she did it perfectly. For the songs that we did tell her we wanted played, she put them on at the right time and didn't leave any out.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2018

Our experience with Scratch was great - our music manager was Sandra, who was super helpful in arranging everything! Our DJ - Twin-T - could not have been better! She played during cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. She chose AMAZING music that got everyone on the dance floor (nobody dancing was my main worry!), and was awesome with the flower girl who really loved her and kept going over to chat and request songs.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Maggie · Married on 01/01/2018

Their customer service is amazing! Loved working with them.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Brianne · Married on 11/11/2017

Our wedding was on November 11, 2017, and we had the pleasure of working with DJ Ollie. DJ Ollie was absolutely incredible -- professional, punctual, fun, and had all of the wedding guests dancing all night long. Our wedding was pretty diverse, with a ages ranging from five to mid-seventies, and several different races and backgrounds. DJ Ollie was able to read the room exceptionally well and made sure that a wonderful time was had by all. I'm still getting compliments from wedding guests telling me that this was the best wedding they'd ever been to, and there's no doubt in my mind that DJ Ollie and Scratch Weddings had a lot to do with that!

Sandra Usherov was the manager and point of contact that we worked with at Scratch, and she was also great. Very organized, kind, and knowledgeable. I was also a huge fan of Music Match, the database that Scratch uses which allows the bride and groom (and any friends or family members the link is shared with) to input all of the music they'd like played at all different points of the evening. It simplified and streamlined the planning process.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Jenny · Married on 11/03/2017

We hired this company as one of midtownloft and terrace's preferred vendor. Little bit pricey but they have us "midtown loft" special deal. They are very professional. We didn't have to worry about anything, they also provided music for rooftop ceremony and cocktail hour.
    I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/19/2017

J · Married on 09/23/2017

We went with DJ Alias and he was a DREAM DJ for our wedding. He's lovely, so nice and helpful, the music was on point! My husband and I could not ask for a better DJ, truly. We are both very particular with music, from being in bands and DJ'ing as well. And everyone was dancing and having a blast, he really knew how to keep it going. Our contact, Sandra at Scratch was also very on top of the planning/scheduling with us. They have a top notch team!! :)

Sent on 09/30/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/16/2017

We worked with Scratch to book DJ Alias for our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier. DJ Alias was AMAZING. We had such an amazing dance floor all night, and a big part of that was that DJ Alias was SO good at reading the room. If he noticed a shift in the average age of those on or around the dance floor, he would subtly transition the music accordingly. We even had one guest who said, "I didn't think I would ever think a DJ was the right choice for a wedding, but you proved me wrong." Thank you, Scratch and DJ Alias, for helping making our night so much fun!

Sent on 10/15/2017

lindsay · Married on 08/27/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Scratch Weddings! They are extremely professional and insanely good at what they do! Music was extremely important to my husband and I at our wedding and Scratch did not disappoint! There Music Match system is genius and lets you curate your music from beginning to end. DJ Alias incorporated all of the music we love and made the day even better! He had the dance floor begging for "One More Song!!!" 3 times at the end of the night! Third times the charm!

Sent on 10/13/2017

suzanne · Married on 07/08/2017

Scratch Weddings are the best! They were helpful, answered all of our questions, contacted us a few times before the wedding to be sure they knew exactly what we needed! DJ Blak kept our party rolling, played terrific music and incorporated the songs we requested. I would recommend Scratch to anyone looking for a DJ, wedding or other event.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/08/2017

We used Scratch for our wedding at Bedell cellars in July. Two words: DJ TRIFE. He kept the dancefloor packed the entire night. We submitted a list of songs that were current and hit lists, and he put in some oldies for us. The entire room was buzzing about how amazing he was! Friends of ours are looking into places he spins just so they can see him again! We also had guitarists at cocktail hour that were the perfect mood to start the night. Working with Scratch weddings was simple and professional. We had conference calls with our DJ and were able to pick our songs on Music Match- so amazing! Highly recommend DJ Trife!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Ellen · Married on 06/17/2017

FANTASTIC - If I could give Scratch 10 stars, I would! I got married on June 17, 2017 in Rockland County, NY and had DJ Cincere - who was phenomenal (HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM). He was the DJ at our friends wedding last year in PA and we loved him. Since he's based out of Philly we paid the additional travel charge for him to come to NY and it was definitely worth the extra $200. He had everyone up and dancing before dinner was even served and the number of compliments we have received from guests regarding the DJ made it pretty clear how great Cincere was!

The whole process was seamless and everyone we worked with was friendly, professional and helpful. My husband and I also loved Music Match and found it very user-friendly. Overall great experience and will be recommending Scratch Weddings to all my friends.

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/11/2017

DJ Dan Chavez was amazing! We put a few songs that we liked on their internal playlist maker and he ran with it! The music was perfect! We got lots of compliments about how great it was, and people were dancing pretty much all night. We couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/10/2017

Very happy with DJ SJ, and Sandra the manager at Scratch. SJ played everything we ask for and was very skilled at reading the crowd and keeping the whole place dancing. The music for the event was one of the most important aspects of the wedding to us, and very happy with how it turned out.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Chelsa · Married on 06/09/2017

Thank you so much for making our special day so seamless with the music. DJ Decoy was GREAT and Sandra who oversaw everything was attentive and communicative leading up to the big day! He was amazing and everyone was talking about how great the music was the entire weekend. The entire evening was so memorable for the music and we even had some guests make requests for speeches, slide shows, etc and they were very accommodating. We highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Anne · Married on 06/03/2017

It was a pleasure working with Scratch Weddings for our wedding DJ service. Elizabeth was extremely helpful and responsive to our questions during the planning process. We loved using the 'Music Match' app to curate our playlists for each part of the wedding. On our wedding day, Chris (DJ Cool Out) was awesome. He was very professional and our guests loved the music. We danced the night away. I would highly recommend Scratch Weddings as an amazing wedding DJ service.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Allie · Married on 05/20/2017

One of the girls in the wedding party recommended Scratch Weddings and we could not be more pleased! I LOVED the web portal that they use for the music. It was so easy to use and navigate. My husband and I had a blast picking out songs. We had no idea that so many different parts of the wedding day required different music. During our consultation calls, we explained that we wanted the DJ to play music that would appeal to all audiences. Our guests were a mixture of 20 somethings to late 70's and we wanted to make sure that everyone had a fun time. Our DJ was DJ Premonition. He was amazing and exceeded all of our expectations. Our guests hd an amazing time and danced the night away. He took the music that we had provided and created a playlist around it. He even let one of our guests try on his headphones and watch him work. I would highly recommend Scratch Weddings!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Michael · Married on 04/29/2017

Our Guests said they had never heard such great music at a wedding. That says it all! Staff was preofessional and accommodating from start to finish.

Sent on 05/03/2017