Scratch Weddings Reviews

1 User photo

Scratch Weddings 1
  • FutureMrsMcNaney

Stacy · Married on 10/07/2018

Scratch and DJ Sadhu were awesome!

We loved working with Scratch Weddings. My husband and I have unique music tastes and were very particular about what we wanted at our wedding. Scratch works with tons of DJs and they match you with a DJ who suits your music taste and needs. And, the best part is that they use an online platform where you can search for songs and create your playlist by time/event (first dance, bouquet toss, general dancing, etc). The program was easy to use and made us feel very in control over our music. We were matched with DJ Sadhu and he was awesome. He checked in with us before the wedding and arrived several hours early to set up. He followed our playlist to a tee, but was also flexible when I made some last minute requests during the reception. Scratch was a bit pricier than we had budgeted for a DJ but the splurge was well worth it - you definitely get what you pay for!

• Ana D.

N/A · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Diva was the highlight of our reception

DJ Vida was one of the biggest highlights of our wedding! Our guests were raving about her throughout our reception. People kept saying to us: your DJ is amazing!! Even in the days after the wedding, we were getting messages asking if we could get her playlist! She definitely kept the dance floor going all night, which was exactly what we wanted. We also found that it was easy to coordinate and communicate our song preferences. The nice thing about going with a service like Scratch is their professionalism and the fact that in the worst case scenario, if your DJ can’t make it, they will send a backup DJ. Overall, we highly recommend working with Scratch and DJ Vida!

• Hannah

Hannah · Married on 08/18/2018

DJ Trife was AMAZING! I've seen him spin at so many other weddings that it was a no brainer to have him DJ our wedding. Scratch was awesome throughout the process, keeping you up with things that needed to be completed and timeline details. On the day of Trife had all of my guests on the dance floor. It was packed the entire night and EVERYONE and I mean everyone raved about how great the music was. We used our Music Match online portal to choose songs that we liked, and Trife was actually able to stick to all of them. I can't say enough great things about Scratch in general, but if you book definitely book DJ Trife!

J · Married on 09/23/2017

We went with DJ Alias and he was a DREAM DJ for our wedding. He's lovely, so nice and helpful, the music was on point! My husband and I could not ask for a better DJ, truly. We are both very particular with music, from being in bands and DJ'ing as well. And everyone was dancing and having a blast, he really knew how to keep it going. Our contact, Sandra at Scratch was also very on top of the planning/scheduling with us. They have a top notch team!! :)

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/16/2017

We worked with Scratch to book DJ Alias for our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier. DJ Alias was AMAZING. We had such an amazing dance floor all night, and a big part of that was that DJ Alias was SO good at reading the room. If he noticed a shift in the average age of those on or around the dance floor, he would subtly transition the music accordingly. We even had one guest who said, "I didn't think I would ever think a DJ was the right choice for a wedding, but you proved me wrong." Thank you, Scratch and DJ Alias, for helping making our night so much fun!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/11/2017

DJ Dan Chavez was amazing! We put a few songs that we liked on their internal playlist maker and he ran with it! The music was perfect! We got lots of compliments about how great it was, and people were dancing pretty much all night. We couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

Samantha · Married on 06/10/2017

Very happy with DJ SJ, and Sandra the manager at Scratch. SJ played everything we ask for and was very skilled at reading the crowd and keeping the whole place dancing. The music for the event was one of the most important aspects of the wedding to us, and very happy with how it turned out.

Anne · Married on 06/03/2017

It was a pleasure working with Scratch Weddings for our wedding DJ service. Elizabeth was extremely helpful and responsive to our questions during the planning process. We loved using the 'Music Match' app to curate our playlists for each part of the wedding. On our wedding day, Chris (DJ Cool Out) was awesome. He was very professional and our guests loved the music. We danced the night away. I would highly recommend Scratch Weddings as an amazing wedding DJ service.

Allie · Married on 05/20/2017

One of the girls in the wedding party recommended Scratch Weddings and we could not be more pleased! I LOVED the web portal that they use for the music. It was so easy to use and navigate. My husband and I had a blast picking out songs. We had no idea that so many different parts of the wedding day required different music. During our consultation calls, we explained that we wanted the DJ to play music that would appeal to all audiences. Our guests were a mixture of 20 somethings to late 70's and we wanted to make sure that everyone had a fun time. Our DJ was DJ Premonition. He was amazing and exceeded all of our expectations. Our guests hd an amazing time and danced the night away. He took the music that we had provided and created a playlist around it. He even let one of our guests try on his headphones and watch him work. I would highly recommend Scratch Weddings!

Casey · Married on 01/14/2017

Scratch was so easy to work with - from start to finish! They took into account our music preferences when suggesting DJ's and then made the entire process leading up to the wedding so simple. At the end of the night I received a number of compliments on the music and flow of the reception - someone even specifically said "I loved how the DJ never played a whole song, it kept the dance floor going and no one got bored!"

Rebecca · Married on 11/19/2016

DJ Dos-A at Scratch was the man!!! From our initial phone call all the way through the wedding, Dos-A and the team at Scratch provided impeccable service. Dos-A listened to us, accommodated our additional requests for setups, song selection, and he even helped with the ceremony mics and our guest performer's sound setup. They aren't the cheapest option, but you definitely get what you pay for - and the DJ/MC is, in my opinion, the key to a fun and organized wedding!

• Desiree

Desiree · Married on 10/01/2016

We had an incredible experience with Scratch Weddings. DJ Vida played at our October 1st wedding and we could not have asked for more. Every song we requested via their online portal we heard, and she set the mood perfectly throughout the entire evening. Both of our families and all of our friends filled the dance floor! So many of our guests complimented her work. Overall, Scratch was so easy to work with, responsive, and for a great price.

Noopur · Married on 09/17/2016

The person I worked with, Liz, was great! And, we LOVED DJ Rashaun as did our guests. He played awesome music and really did a great job of blending Bollywood with American music. People were dancing all the way till the end and I get compliments about him still!

Leleah · Married on 09/02/2016

The best part of the wedding planning process was working with Scratch DJ on our playlist! Sandra was so responsive and accommodating to our requests and song selections. We absolutely loved DJ Alias--my husband and I are still receiving compliments from wedding guests! We would highly recommend Scratch DJ.

Clarissa · Married on 06/18/2016

We HIGHLY recommend Scratch Weddings! Our whole experience with Scratch was perfect. Liz, our wedding manager, was so helpful and responsive throughout the whole planning process. She listened to our thoughts about the vibe we wanted for our wedding and let us pick from several amazing DJ choices. We ultimately felt that DJ Qlassick was perfect for our big day and we were SO right! DJ Qlassick was INCREDIBLE! We are still receiving compliments and praise for DJ Qlassick from our guests! The dance floor was always packed and he was great at reading the room and making sure that everyone enjoyed themselves! He played an amazing variety of music! He even played an extra song for us after our official last song because everyone wanted to keep dancing -- and he made a perfect choice! Go with Scratch Weddings and DJ Qlassick for your wedding DJ! We promise you will not regret it! THANK YOU!

Elysse · Married on 05/29/2016

We had a great experience with Scratch! We worked with Kim, Liz, and DJ Shakee. Scratch uses a really cool app to help you organize all your song choices, and let you tell them what type of music should be played during all the different parts of the night. DJ Shakee ran with our suggestions and did a great job setting the moods we wanted, and then -- most importantly -- DJ'd an awesome dance party that kept people of all ages on the dance floor! Our guests kept coming up to us and telling us how much they loved the music and the DJ! Also, when we decided the month of the wedding that we wanted to add a few uplights to the dance floor, they had no problem adding them to our package -- and they looked great!

Davia · Married on 05/20/2016

DJ Premonition was absolutely amazing!!!! The business is easy to work with and I wouldn't have changed anything!

Our experience with Scratch was a very positive one! Jenn and Sandra were very responsive, and did a great job trying to understand our needs. And our DJ, SJ, was terrific. He was punctual and organized, and we had no worries that he'd do the right things at the right times - announcements, etc. He also spun our wedding brilliantly - he got the room up and dancing early, and kept people of all ages on the dance floor the whole night. People keep telling us our reception was a blast, and that's due in large part to the folks at Scratch. We would highly recommend them!

Kate · Married on 04/23/2016

We had DJ Vida at our wedding this April. She and the whole scratch team were amazing to work with. I found the whole process very easy, and I loved how we could be as involved as we wanted to be in the music. The Scratch team was very responsive and really got to know what our tastes were. On the day of the wedding, we really loved DJ Vida. At the beginning of the ceremony, she helped my sister with an issue she was having with her guitar, and was so calm and collected the whole night. We LOVED the music she chose and the way she announced everything. She even stayed late when the party was still going. We loved Scratch!! Our friends had a blast and danced a ton because of the great music.

M · Married on 11/08/2015

Scratch Weddings did a fantastic job. Our DJ, Alkaline, was amazing. He was able to integrate our multicultural selections seamlessly and was even able to facilitate my aunt singing. There is a music library that one is able to build by using itunes as a search engine which makes it that much easier. AND! there is a music manager that provides guidance as needed. We will use Scratch Weddings for future events as well.

Michelle · Married on 10/11/2015

I really enjoyed working with Scratch Weddings. The DJ that we used we had seen at our friend's wedding and we were lucky to be able to have him as well. We used our DJ for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and I felt like not only did our guests have a blast, but the value was incredible. We met with our DJ twice and we communicated the vibe that we wanted to convey and he nailed it. I couldn't be happier!

Jordan · Married on 09/05/2015

Scratch Weddings, and our DJ (DJ Bounce) truly made our wedding the celebration we wanted it to be.

I had an incredibly hard time deciding on a DJ, since I wanted to be able to somehow "see them in action" to know what I was getting, so the tool that allowed me to view a video and audio clips of the available DJs was just what I needed. I also found the Music Match tool incredibly useful as well as helpful with the suggested music for different portions of the evening.

Our DJ was perfect. He kept the dance floor packed for the entire night. He did an awesome job interpreting the mood of the crowd and tailoring the music appropriately across multiple musical genres that we had indicated interest in.

People were having such a blast that we extended his time for an hour instead of heading to the hotel bar. Both DJ Bounce and Scratch Weddings were incredibly helpful in making that happen.

Our wedding reception was AMAZING and so much fun thanks to DJ Cool Out. We had some wacky ideas of what we wanted and after a few conversations, we felt very confident that he would deliver. We provided a list of songs that we wanted to hear and gave him free reign for everything else. I must say, once the dance floor was opened up, nobody wanted to leave. We had everyone from our friends to our grandparents' friends dancing ALL NIGHT. When it was time for cake cutting, we almost didn't even want to do it because we were having so much fun.

Thank you to everyone at Scratch Weddings for organizing, coordinating and making our special day seem flawless. And a special thanks to DJ Cool Out for an awesome night!

Revi · Married on 08/15/2015

Weeks after our wedding and we still couldn't stop talking about how much fun we had. And Scratch and specifically DJ Dan Chaves, totally made that happen! He killed it that night and read the crowds vibe all the way. The cocktail music was great. Once the dancing started after the hora (which he executed perfectly!) it never stopped. And though we didn't specify, he picked the best possible last song (Empire State) that had our mostly-out-of-town friends drunkenly hugging and crying and laughing at the same time. It was exactly the right pick for our Manhattan wedding.

Even now people ask us how we found our DJ and whether we specified each song and the order they were played because it was so good. We tell them we gave DJ Dan rough outlines for music but he brought it together to make it better than we could have imagined. Scratch was one of the few "preferred vendors" for our venue and they also came recommended by another friend who got married in NYC. They were exactly the right choice.

Danielle · Married on 07/18/2015

We had an outstanding experience with Scratch Weddings. The phone consultations were easy and laid-back. They took all of our suggestions into account, and they provided us with access Music Match, which was a super easy-to-use planning tool. It made planning our wedding music fun, and we loved it!

DJ Burnsi was AWESOME on our wedding day. He was professional (yet chill) and really talented. He asked my husband before the wedding, "What do you want this to be like?" My husband said, "I just want everybody to tear up the dance floor." And Burnsi made sure my husband got his wish. Everybody was dancing an having a great time almost the entire night. We were so grateful to Burnsi for his professionalism and his talent for keeping people on the dance floor. We received countless compliments about the DJ throughout the night and subsequent weeks. I strongly recommend Scratch Weddings. We are beyond impressed with their business model, flexibility, and talent. It is well worth every penny. Thank you, Scratch!