187 Reviews for Scratch Weddings

One Event Per Day (1)
Microphones (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
187 Scratch Weddings Reviews

We hired DJ Cincere to DJ our wedding. He had the dance floor going all night and we received SO many compliments from our guests about how great the DJ was. There was a few bumps in the road with planning, however I am glad we hired Cincere because of all the compliments we received. Our guests had a great time. Cincere also made a great mash-up for the father daughter dance. If I had to do it all over again I would def hire Cincere!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
0.5

Couples & interested clients beware: DO NOT HIRE SCRATCH!!!

Before your wedding, Scratch provides a web-interface that allows you to select the songs you want to be played during the various segments of the ceremony, reception, etc. This seemed like a really great way to choose your set-list, and we spent a lot of time picking out our most important songs—including the song that my wife wanted to walk down the aisle to. On our wedding day, DJ Carver had forgotten to download that song (and others) despite us having a call to walk through the timeline. You can imagine our surprise when a random wedding song played instead of the song that had sentimental value to me and my wife.

As if this was not bad enough, during dinner, DJ Carver left a playlist running and stepped away from the DJ-booth. I totally understand that he needed to eat dinner (which we provided), but he left for so long that the playlist started to repeat. Our day-of coordinator spent 15 minutes trying to track him down to get him to change the playlist. He was absent from the booth for other extended periods of time throughout the night.

When my wife and I were ready to start dancing later in the night, DJ Carver was nowhere to be found. When we finally located him, he rudely said to my wife: “What do you want? I heard you were looking for me.” (Are you kidding me? We want you to do what we are paying you to do—play music!)

His unprofessionalism was mirrored by the staff and mangers at the company. I had a call with them to explain how upset we were, and they promised to investigate and get back to me. It’s been 3 weeks, and they have completely ignored me. They don’t care whatsoever about the service they provide and clearly have no cares about whether their clients had a miserable experience with their DJs. DO NOT USE THEM.

Profile Picture Eric, 5/19/18, 4 Reviews
2.2

My wedding was 10/14/17. We were excited about Scratch based on the reviews -- they get great reviews. We booked DJ Alias and in a vacuum, he did a good job. The reason for my low rating is the service provided by the wedding managers. We worked primarily with Sandra. They were the most unresponsive vendor I worked with BY FAR. I've actually never had an experience in any aspect of my life where so many emails sent were ignored. Additionally, their process is not great. Prior to booking, we were told we could see the DJ play at an H&M store in Herald's Square on a weekday evening. We trekked there during rush hour only to find there wasn't a DJ there. We emailed and called and they got back to us an hour later while we waited saying that they got their dates mixed up and he wasn't actually playing there. We brushed it off because it happens and again they get really great reviews so we asked for an in person meeting with the DJ which went well. After you book, they basically don't talk to you until you're 2 weeks out from your wedding, which is really terrifying. We had our final call the week prior and asked that they sound check our first dance song (a mash up). They said they would and they'd get back to us ASAP. The week leading into our wedding, my husband and I emailed them to confirm they were set for our first dance song and got no response. We emailed them every day that week (and left 2+ voicemails) till it got to Thursday and our planner had to write an urgent email with our wedding being in 2 days. We also spent months curating a playlist for our night. We're very picky on music selection as we've been to a lot of weddings and during the first part of dancing he deviated from our list, which wasn't ideal, although he quickly started playing our songs when we asked him to. All in all, it was a fun night but I would NOT recommend Scratch to anyone. There's plenty of other companies out there who will actually care about your big day.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
4.7

My husband and I really wanted amazing music at our wedding and were so happy we found Scratch! They have amazing DJs across the country and an online portal that allows you to build your music for each part of your wedding ceremony and reception. It was so handy and easy to use--- It made it so easy to personalize the wedding! I could not recommend than more!

Profile Picture S, 10/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We went with DJ Alias and he was a DREAM DJ for our wedding. He's lovely, so nice and helpful, the music was on point! My husband and I could not ask for a better DJ, truly. We are both very particular with music, from being in bands and DJ'ing as well. And everyone was dancing and having a blast, he really knew how to keep it going. Our contact, Sandra at Scratch was also very on top of the planning/scheduling with us. They have a top notch team!! :)

Profile Picture J, 9/23/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

We worked with Scratch to book DJ Alias for our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier. DJ Alias was AMAZING. We had such an amazing dance floor all night, and a big part of that was that DJ Alias was SO good at reading the room. If he noticed a shift in the average age of those on or around the dance floor, he would subtly transition the music accordingly. We even had one guest who said, "I didn't think I would ever think a DJ was the right choice for a wedding, but you proved me wrong." Thank you, Scratch and DJ Alias, for helping making our night so much fun!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 9/16/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Had a great experience with Scratch. Easy, organized, professional. Our DJ, DJ D Tweed, was amazing! Everyone was dancing the whole night and he played all the right music at all the right times. Thank you Scratch!

Profile Picture Tracy, 8/25/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

DJ Dan Chavez was amazing! We put a few songs that we liked on their internal playlist maker and he ran with it! The music was perfect! We got lots of compliments about how great it was, and people were dancing pretty much all night. We couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/11/17, 12 Reviews
Category: DJ

Very happy with DJ SJ, and Sandra the manager at Scratch. SJ played everything we ask for and was very skilled at reading the crowd and keeping the whole place dancing. The music for the event was one of the most important aspects of the wedding to us, and very happy with how it turned out.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

It was a pleasure working with Scratch Weddings for our wedding DJ service. Elizabeth was extremely helpful and responsive to our questions during the planning process. We loved using the 'Music Match' app to curate our playlists for each part of the wedding. On our wedding day, Chris (DJ Cool Out) was awesome. He was very professional and our guests loved the music. We danced the night away. I would highly recommend Scratch Weddings as an amazing wedding DJ service.

Profile Picture Anne, 6/3/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

One of the girls in the wedding party recommended Scratch Weddings and we could not be more pleased! I LOVED the web portal that they use for the music. It was so easy to use and navigate. My husband and I had a blast picking out songs. We had no idea that so many different parts of the wedding day required different music. During our consultation calls, we explained that we wanted the DJ to play music that would appeal to all audiences. Our guests were a mixture of 20 somethings to late 70's and we wanted to make sure that everyone had a fun time. Our DJ was DJ Premonition. He was amazing and exceeded all of our expectations. Our guests hd an amazing time and danced the night away. He took the music that we had provided and created a playlist around it. He even let one of our guests try on his headphones and watch him work. I would highly recommend Scratch Weddings!

Profile Picture Allie, 5/20/17, 10 Reviews
4.7

We can't say enough good things about Vida. She was amazing, kept everyone dancing, played all the important songs. Our friends who are getting married in October told us at the end of the wedding that they definitely wanted her for their wedding. She was so sweet and wonderful, chose great music and did perfect transitions. If there's any way we can get a playlist of the dance party, that would be amazing. As several of our friends said, best DJ ever.

Profile Picture Amos, 1/15/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Scratch was so easy to work with - from start to finish! They took into account our music preferences when suggesting DJ's and then made the entire process leading up to the wedding so simple. At the end of the night I received a number of compliments on the music and flow of the reception - someone even specifically said "I loved how the DJ never played a whole song, it kept the dance floor going and no one got bored!"

Profile Picture User7669698, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Dos-A at Scratch was the man!!! From our initial phone call all the way through the wedding, Dos-A and the team at Scratch provided impeccable service. Dos-A listened to us, accommodated our additional requests for setups, song selection, and he even helped with the ceremony mics and our guest performer's sound setup. They aren't the cheapest option, but you definitely get what you pay for - and the DJ/MC is, in my opinion, the key to a fun and organized wedding!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/19/16, 5 Reviews
4.7

We were very happy with our experience with Scratch! It was a pleasure to work with Sandra to coordinate the details of our wedding. She ensured all of our expectations were met! DJ Spawn was the perfect match for the dance party we had in mind. He did an excellent job including all of our favorite songs, even some obscure selections. DJ Spawn also did a great job incorporating songs to make all of our guests happy while blending them together effortlessly!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used scratch weddings for our dj. Dj Dos A was great - would've liked quicker transitions in songs. Some people weren't quite pleased with our music and some people were . Overall my experience was great.

Profile Picture Negar, 10/15/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an incredible experience with Scratch Weddings. DJ Vida played at our October 1st wedding and we could not have asked for more. Every song we requested via their online portal we heard, and she set the mood perfectly throughout the entire evening. Both of our families and all of our friends filled the dance floor! So many of our guests complimented her work. Overall, Scratch was so easy to work with, responsive, and for a great price.

Profile Picture Desiree, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Jaye was awesome. The playlist we gave him had some popular songs, as well as some obscure songs. We trusted him to play the right songs in order to keep the crowd going. Two things we wanted to hear from our guests were that the food was good and music was on point. We succeeded.

Profile Picture natalia, 9/18/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

The person I worked with, Liz, was great! And, we LOVED DJ Rashaun as did our guests. He played awesome music and really did a great job of blending Bollywood with American music. People were dancing all the way till the end and I get compliments about him still!

Profile Picture Noopur, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
4.7

Tyler aka DJ Fingersmith was our DJ at our wedding. We had many guests come up to us afterwards to say that he was the best wedding DJ they had ever heard, and we could not agree more! We had many songs we wanted to hear at the reception, and Tyler did an amazing job of mixing them together into a set that kept our dance floor packed the entire night. He was also a great sport and helped keep the flow of the evening moving, announcing our entrance into dinner and encouraging everyone out to dance afterwards. Thanks to Tyler and everyone at Scratch for an amazing evening!

Profile Picture User7363482, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

The best part of the wedding planning process was working with Scratch DJ on our playlist! Sandra was so responsive and accommodating to our requests and song selections. We absolutely loved DJ Alias--my husband and I are still receiving compliments from wedding guests! We would highly recommend Scratch DJ.

Profile Picture Leleah, 9/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had a great experience with DJ Phenomenon through Scratch Weddings. We worked with Adrienne Hays (weddings manager) and Sandra Usherov (post-contract day-to-day contact) -- both were fantastically responsive and eager for our business, which made me happy as a (potential) customer. Adrienne set up three DJ interviews for us, which was a nice touch although kind of hit-or-miss on personalities. We eventually chose to work with DJ Phenomenon, based on how professional, fun, and upbeat he was during our conversation. We highly recommend him!! Contracting and paperwork with Scratch was quick and easy, and I heard no complaints on logistics from our wedding coordinator. All in all worth reaching out if you are looking for a team that helps make selecting a wedding DJ as easy as possible.

Profile Picture Kanisha, 8/6/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scratch weddings and DJ Trife were amazing! We saw DJ Trife at a friend's wedding and knew he'd be perfect at ours as well. Our coordinator, Sandra, and DJ Trife were so helpful in planning, and Scratch's website made picking the songs we wanted very easy. We even figured out at the last minute that we needed amplification for our ceremony, which Scratch was easily able to provide. DJ Trife was awesome at our reception. He flawlessly covered every song we requested and filled in the rest of the time with music we and our guests loved. Definitely go with Scratch and DJ Trife if you're looking for an entertaining, professional, and non-cheesy wedding DJ.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/25/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

We HIGHLY recommend Scratch Weddings! Our whole experience with Scratch was perfect. Liz, our wedding manager, was so helpful and responsive throughout the whole planning process. She listened to our thoughts about the vibe we wanted for our wedding and let us pick from several amazing DJ choices. We ultimately felt that DJ Qlassick was perfect for our big day and we were SO right! DJ Qlassick was INCREDIBLE! We are still receiving compliments and praise for DJ Qlassick from our guests! The dance floor was always packed and he was great at reading the room and making sure that everyone enjoyed themselves! He played an amazing variety of music! He even played an extra song for us after our official last song because everyone wanted to keep dancing -- and he made a perfect choice! Go with Scratch Weddings and DJ Qlassick for your wedding DJ! We promise you will not regret it! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Clarissa, 6/18/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

We had a great experience with Scratch! We worked with Kim, Liz, and DJ Shakee. Scratch uses a really cool app to help you organize all your song choices, and let you tell them what type of music should be played during all the different parts of the night. DJ Shakee ran with our suggestions and did a great job setting the moods we wanted, and then -- most importantly -- DJ'd an awesome dance party that kept people of all ages on the dance floor! Our guests kept coming up to us and telling us how much they loved the music and the DJ! Also, when we decided the month of the wedding that we wanted to add a few uplights to the dance floor, they had no problem adding them to our package -- and they looked great!

Profile Picture Elysse, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews