Sayles Livingston Design Reviews

Sayles Livingston Design 7
  • Maura

Maura Hogan · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely wonderful experience!

Sayles and team were absolutely wonderful to work with - from start to finish. They were incredibly professional, responsive and talented, and their attention to detail was second to none. I had a specific vision in mind, and they exceeded my expectations in every way bringing that vision to life. I'm so grateful for their assistance in making our day so beautiful!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Ariel Johnson · Married on 06/30/2019

Beyond expectations

Sayles and her team are incredible. Hands down. They exceeded my wildest dreams of my wedding flower vision. I was definitely inconsistent, and indecisive for a lot of it, but nonetheless they worked with me very closely and made sure I was happy with every single detail. The flowers took my breath away!!!!!!!! Not to mention, her team braved a 60 mph hurricane to keep my Chuppah standing, 35 minutes before my ceremony started!!! They truly were amazing to work with and super responsive. I am so grateful I hired them and cannot emphasize enough they truly are the best team. AND reasonable!! which is hard to come by with wedding vendors.

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Cohen Keaney · Married on 06/28/2019

Floral Fairytale

Having an amazing florist was something that was really important to us. We spoke to a few different ones prior to book with Sayles but after my initial call with Cara I knew I wanted to book with them immediately. Cara was so organized and understood my vision perfectly
    even though I couldn't tell you the difference between any types of flowers. We had our own personalized pintrest board with them and I always adding inspi to it and so were they. We met in tiverton at their shop twice once meeting with just cara because Sayles was away and Cara was on top of everything! The meetings were always so productive and they would offer expertise advice on different things and what would look best. I could cry thinking back to when a I first saw our venue the day of... it was absolutely beautiful and jaw dropping. The chuppa we designed with them exceeded our expectations x a billion. The Bohlin in Newport RI was our venue, which is already beautiful to begin with, but they took it to another level and it was truly a floral venue. Sayles and her venue know what they are doing and our experts in executing the perfect day. We never had one blip or issue with them they handled everything and got it done. We had a brunch the next day at the Newport Marriott and they provided us with the option to take care of bringing the flowers there for the next day. We are so happy we had this option, because that was the last thing we were thinking about doing the night of our wedding! We loved working with Sayles so much and would recommend them 100x over!

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Sayles Livingston Design 23
    Sayles Livingston Design 24

Gayle Rosen · Married on 06/23/2019

Incredibly Talented Florist

Working with Sayles and her team was an amazing experience! I organized my wedding from Ohio and did not have a wedding planner. Sayles helped me bring my vision to life on our wedding day and was an absolute pleasure to work with. Sayles and her team were always prompt to respond, quick to give design suggestions, and also competitive in pricing. They did such a beautiful job that everyone still can't stop talking about the flowers, almost a month later! If you are considering getting married in or around Newport, RI she is definitely the person to work with. I only wish I had another party to plan with her!!

Sent on 07/15/2019
    Sayles Livingston Design 25
    Sayles Livingston Design 26
    Sayles Livingston Design 27
    Sayles Livingston Design 28
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely stunning

Everything from the centerpieces, to the chuppah, to the bouquets were utterly amazing! The colors were exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 05/04/2019
    Sayles Livingston Design 40
  • lauren

lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

Blown away by Sayles!

We interviewed 3 local florists in the Newport area, all of which were recommended to us by Castle Hill Inn. Sayles was a clear front runner who treated our money as if it were her own and came up with creative ways to reuse florals throughout the night (like the ceremony chair flowers moved to the dessert table, the bridesmaids flowers decorated the cigar bar etc.)

She also painstakingly converted silver sailboats into gold for our place cards.

The flowers were out of the park beautiful and she was a delight to work with. I cannot wait to watch her career take off and say I knew her when.

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 46
    Sayles Livingston Design 47
    Sayles Livingston Design 48

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2018

True experts at their craft!

When it came to floral at our wedding, I had my color scheme planned and a budget in mind. On our initial consultation call, that’s really all I could offer her as I know absolutely nothing about flowers – I don’t have a favorite flower, I don’t know what flowers are in season and when, etc. After one call, I received a proposal and Pinterest board she had made for some inspiration! She absolutely NAILED IT. I knew from that moment on that I could cross any and all floral decisions off my list because I was in good hands. On the day of my wedding, I was completely blown away by their work. My venue was naturally stunning so I kept floral pretty simple, and it still made a huge difference. I still have guests talking about my wedding party’s bouquets and how dahlias will forever remind them of my wedding day. (I unknowingly learned a new flower in the process!) Sayles and her team are truly floral artists. They are one of the best decisions we made on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review Jennifer! It is wonderful to hear we were so helpful throughout your planning process. It's always so nice to know when our floral arrangements stand out at such a naturally beautiful venue like Blithewold!

Julia Driscoll · Married on 08/18/2018

Beyond anything I could have imagined!

Sayles and her team were simply amazing. There is not enough words or space to describe how beautiful her work is. She completely understood my vision and went above and beyond to totally transform our space. Her canopy installation was beyond anything I could imagine and her bouquets, table flowers and church flowers were stunning. I received compliments all night for her stunning displays and I could not recommend her more. Perfection!!!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Hi Julia! Thank you!!! It was truly our pleasure to work with you and your amazing family! Congratulations!!! Sayles

Joann · Married on 07/29/2018

We had a great experience working with Sayles Livingston. After our first meeting, Sayles and Cara created a Pinterest board that we could both add photos to. This helped to convey our vision and allowed us to see their ideas. When we walked into the tent on the day of the wedding, we were overcome by how beautiful everything looked. The bouquets, the arrangements and all of the decor were absolutely stunning. They had gotten the special dahlias we had requested and there was such a variety of flowers in all of the decor. Sayles created a trellis over the head table which we loved and so many of our guests commented on. One of the best things about Sayles and her team is how easy they are to work with. She was fine with additions and changes and even was able to tweak one of the details on our wedding day to make sure everything looked the way we wanted it to. We can't say enough about Sayles. We're so glad we found her!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 49
    Sayles Livingston Design 50
    Sayles Livingston Design 51
    Sayles Livingston Design 52
    Sayles Livingston Design 53

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you SO much for the review Joann! We had a wonderful time bringing your overall vision to life, and working on that trellis over the head table! We are so happy to hear everything stood out against the Castle Hill tent!
  • F

Faith · Married on 07/28/2018

Choosing Sayles and her team for our wedding was literally one of the best decisions we made. They were so committed to working with us to create the design and aesthetic we were hoping for, even when we couldn't quite put it into words. Sayles and her team are so much more than just florists, they are creative visionaries and exceeded ALL of our expectations. When we saw everything come together on our wedding day, we were blown away and so were our guests. We were also very appreciative of how responsive, easy-going and professional the whole team was throughout the planning process. If you're looking for a florist and team in Rhode Island or anywhere in New England, Sayles Livingston Design is definitely the one to go for.

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 61
    Sayles Livingston Design 62
    Sayles Livingston Design 63

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Faith! We are so grateful that you chose us to bring your vision to life and transform The Chanler for the day! We had so much fun bringing each and every detail together.

Kimberly · Married on 07/22/2018

I am so happy I went with Sayles for my wedding at Mount Hope. I worked closely with Cara. She was so amazing. She always got back to me very quickly. She knew exactly what I wanted and I liked how she repurposed things within my wedding. For example, the lantern used for my ceremony was then used in the cabin. Everything looked amazing. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/23/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 68
    Sayles Livingston Design 69
    Sayles Livingston Design 70

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Kimberly, thank you so much for the lovely review! We are SO grateful that you chose us to work with you on your special day at Mount Hope Farm.

Cathy · Married on 07/22/2018

I knew when we visited Cara for a consultation and viewed Sayles' beautiful work that she was our florist! Flowers and related items to add ambiance for our nautical wedding exceeded all expectations. We went quite a bit out of budget for the flowers but they added so much to the event that it was well worth it. Sayles is a true artist!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Cathy, thank you for the amazing review! It is always our goal to exceed expectations and we are SO happy to hear that you were pleased with your decision to include more than you initially planned!

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2018

Where do I even begin? To start: Sayles Livingston Design gets a 10 out of 10 on everything from creativity, organization, helpfulness and quality. Like every bride, I had a vision in my head but wasn't able to fully articulate what that was. Thanks to Sayles & Cara, they did this for me and brought to vision to life. They never pushed on budget or tried to up-sell, and was clear in what was possible & what wasn't within the budget constraints that we had. Their creativity and attention to detail was flawless - and not once did any of the arrangements let me down. They took my Pinterest images to heart but also enhanced them with their own ideas which was amazing. They were so incredible!!!

Sent on 09/10/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 71
    Sayles Livingston Design 72
    Sayles Livingston Design 73
    Sayles Livingston Design 74
    Sayles Livingston Design 75

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review Jenna! It is SO wonderful to hear that we were able to add to the expectations of your special day at The Bohlin!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/14/2018

Outstanding experience!

Thank you so much to Sayles and the entire team at Sayles Livingston Designs -- from the very beginning their attention to detail, willingness to accommodate, and prioritizing our wedding was apparent. Sayles spent a long time with us going over each detail, and Cara was extremely helpful in helping us tack down the details from a distance! The day was absolutely perfect, the flowers were elegant and so tasteful. I'd highly recommend working with this team to make your dream wedding come true like ours!

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 80
    Sayles Livingston Design 81
    Sayles Livingston Design 82

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

We are so grateful for your wonderful review Samantha! We had a lovely time bringing your vision to life at the Warwick Country Club!

Emily · Married on 07/07/2018

Sayles is incredible! If you are thinking about hiring her for your event, just YES. She is a talented artist and visionary design partner. From our very first meeting through my big day, she was attentive, really taking the time to listen and understand the look I wanted, and creative, helping me to think outside the box and imagine many different options. Sayles has worked at most of the venues in the area and knows all of the vendors, which is a huge plus when it comes to planning. When I was overwhelmed by decisions, like which white table cloth?!, Sayles was able to point me in the right direction. When my mom had a conflict with one of the vendors, Sayles connected us with a different sales office. She also helped us get the most out of our flowers, staying at the event so that the large flower installation on our trellis could be moved inside and enjoyed during the cocktail. She did beautiful work and I got so many compliments on the flowers at my wedding. Looking back at the pictures, they really set the tone for my perfect day.

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 83
    Sayles Livingston Design 84
    Sayles Livingston Design 85
    Sayles Livingston Design 86
    Sayles Livingston Design 87

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you SO much for the wonderful review Emily! We are grateful that you chose us to bring your vision to life at the Rhode Island Country Club, and happy to hear that we were so helpful during the planning process for your special day!

Jeff · Married on 06/01/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Sayles and her team. I worked primarily with Sayles and Cara and they were incredible. I came to them with essentially no idea what I was talking about but some a blurry "vision" of what I wanted and they took my messy thoughts and turned it into exactly what I was looking for. Cara was incredibly patient with me and came up with creative ways to achieve the look I was going for without breaking the bank. If you are getting married in the Newport/Rhode Island area I really don't see how you could book any other florist- they are the best!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you so much for this kind review Jeff! We were so happy to work with you and help you with your vision. Congratulations!
    Warmly Sayles and team

Kelsey · Married on 05/27/2018

One of the best decisions we made during wedding planning was to work with Sayles & her team. They were so creative, communicative, flexible and such a pleasure to work with. We were SO impressed and thankful for the amazing flowers & decor that they provided for our wedding. It was truly such a great feeling that we could go into the day knowing that Sayles and her team would have everything covered.

Despite a rainy forecast and having to move the ceremony inside, everything looked just AMAZING. Sayles created simple centerpieces w/ greenery and candlelight that exceeded our expectations, and everything just looked so lovely, romantic and modern - aka exactly what we were going for :) My bouquet was incredible, and I teared up when I first saw it along with the bridesmaids' bouquets. I'm so proud to display it on our mantle at home :) THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Congratulations Kelsey. Thank you so much for such a kind review. It was a pleasure to work with you and help create such a magical day.
    Warmly Sayles and team!

Erin · Married on 05/25/2018

Sayles Livingston Design did the flowers for our wedding at Linden Place and working with Sayles and her team (Cara!) is a decision I will never regret. From our initial meeting until the day of wedding, they were amazing to work with. At our first meeting, they asked us lots of questions and gave us great suggestions and things to think about. After I received the first proposal, I was worried about exceeding my flower budget so I called and Cara who was so helpful in offering alternatives to make it fit in my budget without sacrificing quality and the vision I wanted. I truly appreciated how easy, professional, and responsive they were, even as I made changes and tweaks along the way. On the day of the wedding when I saw all the flowers and candles I was blown away and other guests even commented how stunning everything was, all thanks to Sayles and her team. I could not recommend Sayles Livingston Design more highly.

Sent on 07/13/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 88
    Sayles Livingston Design 89
    Sayles Livingston Design 90
    Sayles Livingston Design 91

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

We/re so happy you loved everything Erin. Thank you so much for writing this review. It was so nice to work with you!
    Warmly Sayles and team!

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2018

Sayles is by far the best florist I have ever worked with. We told her our vision and she executed it flawlessly. I was particular but she went above and beyond. Everyone commented on the flowers. And I emailed her the day before to tell her we were moving the ceremony outside. lo and behold when we arrived the outdoor site was done beautifully! She’s a pleasure to work with!!!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Jennifer thank you SO much for this lovely review. We loved working with you. Congratulations!! Warmly Sayles (and crew)

Ariel · Married on 11/11/2017

Sayles Flowers did a phenomenal job with our wedding flowers! They were absolutely stunning, romantic, and gorgeous. We loved their artistry, that we are preserving the bridal bouquet. Planning from afar, they were responsive, flexible to meet our budget and helpful. They also were great in putting out candles across the venue. We would absolutely hire them again!

Sent on 12/13/2017
    Sayles Livingston Design 92
    Sayles Livingston Design 93

Helena · Married on 10/21/2017

A huge part of our daughter's and son-in-law's beautiful day was all of the gorgeous floral arrangements that surrounded us in beauty everywhere you looked. Really and truly, the flowers were jaw dropping!!!! So many family members and guests commented on how stunning the arrangements were. Everyone loved, loved the one very long “friends table” – one guest said to me “I wish I was cool enough to be out at that table”. All the tables were beautiful, but that table was special with the long garland and glowing candles. Sayles and Cara captured the vision exquisitely and executed it perfectly, we could not possibly have asked for more.

Thank you again to Sayles and Cara for sharing their talent to provide us with a stunning day which we won’t soon forget. Our only regret is that the flowers won’t last forever, but then again, that is all the more reason to appreciate them in that moment!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2017

Sayles and Cara are truly incredible. They helped bring my dream wedding to life! Planning my wedding from the other side of the country proved difficult in many ways, but Sayles and Cara did everything they could to make sure my vision came to life and that our flowers were absolutely perfect. From the planning phone calls to the in person meeting, Sayles and Cara were always available to answer my questions, help me brainstorm, and plan out all the details. On the day of the wedding, I was floored by how beautiful all of the flowers were - from the bouquets, to the centerpieces (both tall and short), the ceremony trellis and small vases, everything was perfect. We continue to receive compliments on how gorgeous our flowers were, and I couldn't be more thrilled with how everything turned out. Thank you so much for helping make our day!! Brides, I can't recommend this team enough!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Cody · Married on 09/09/2017

Over the years, I have personally attended several weddings designed by Sayles Livingston and have always been impressed by her work, so selecting her for our wedding florist was an easy decision! I knew I wanted flowers that were a little different from the typical white/blush/greenery that is popular right now, but didn't quite know exactly what that meant. I pinned some photos on Pinterest, and Sayles turned my limited guidance into the most stunning florals. She was also willing to work with us by helping to integrate some sentimental flowers grown by my mom and a close friend into our arrangements. My husband and I were blown away when we showed up for the wedding - the flowers really helped to highlight our venue and tied together all of the components. The range of Sayles' work was amazing - She really thought of every detail: a floral trellis to be married under; floral wreaths adorned the building doors; large/lush arrangements for our gift table; bright florals and lots of candles on our guest tables; floral head crowns for my bridesmaids and a gorgeous hair clip for me. Her team also decked out our tent with market lights and placed twinkle lights in the trees around our event space.

Many of our guests also praised Sayles' work, exclaiming that our flowers were hands down THE BEST wedding flowers they had ever seen. One friend, who always tells her husband that she "isn't into flowers" even mentioned that she "finally understands why people like flowers so much" after attending our wedding.

Aside from being a creative genius, Sayles is a truly wonderful person. Her warm energy would be comforting to any bride. I also have to say that her entire team was fantastic to work with. All were extremely knowledgeable and made sure that every detail was perfect. Sayles' vision and her team's execution on the day of our wedding was impeccable. Without reservation, I highly recommend Sayles Livingston Design - don't hesitate...book her while she still

Sent on 09/22/2017

Deniz · Married on 09/09/2017

I absolutely loved my flowers by Sayles! We used her for our wedding on 9/9/17 at OceanCliff. They were exactly what I wanted - blush and green with hints of blue. She even took a sample piece of fabric from our linens and used that to match ribbons to tie around our bouquets. We did a mix of high and low centerpieces. The high ones were "trees" (leafy branches in tall vases) surrounded by three smaller vases with florals, and the low ones were standard low arrangements in our wedding colors. They were timely, and professional. The only thing that we couldn't get due to the wind was that our ceremony decor was supposed to have draping that looked a bit more drapey (like curtains) and that wound being more like fabric kindof wrapped around the posts but it was still gorgeous. Everything was perfect and I would recommend Sayles to any bride!

Sent on 10/06/2017