142 Reviews for Sayles Livingston Design

Samples (4)
Chuppah Decor (3)
Venue Visit (2)
142 Sayles Livingston Design Reviews

Look NO further for an absolutely amazing florist. Easily my FAVORITE vendor to work with & see the final result of! From the moment I first chatted with Sayles and Cara on the phone I knew they would be perfect for me! Our wedding was a destination and it was so hard for me to pick vendors not getting to meet them or see their work in person. However, the ladies were so good at conveying exactly what everything would look like (the personalized pinterest board was a great help) and were great at giving suggestions about colors and placements in the venue. They also were very responsive and always excited to hear new ideas I had. The pricing was very reasonable and Sayles was very respectful of my budget without sacrificing any little detail. The flowers at the ceremony, the bouquets, the rehearsal dinner flowers, centerpieces, and head table garland were all so gorgeous! I also wanted something that would be a focal point in the venue- kind of a wow piece that hadn't been done before (and boy did we rack our brains to find the perfect fit)- and the ladies built an amazing hanging floral structure to go above my escort card table and everyone was in such awe! It was the first thing I saw when I entered the venue on the day of and I could have cried everything looked so amazing! I am a very, very tough person to please with a big Type A personality so it was very hard to me to not be able to picture exactly how everything looked until the day of and I was BLOWN away by how gorgeous everything came out- it was so ABOVE and BEYOND what I had pictured. Thank you SO much ladies!!!!

Photos
Profile Picture Victoria , 6/22/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

I cannot say enough great things about Sayles and her team. I worked primarily with Sayles and Cara and they were incredible. I came to them with essentially no idea what I was talking about but some a blurry "vision" of what I wanted and they took my messy thoughts and turned it into exactly what I was looking for. Cara was incredibly patient with me and came up with creative ways to achieve the look I was going for without breaking the bank. If you are getting married in the Newport/Rhode Island area I really don't see how you could book any other florist- they are the best!

Profile Picture Jeff, 6/1/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

One of the best decisions we made during wedding planning was to work with Sayles & her team. They were so creative, communicative, flexible and such a pleasure to work with. We were SO impressed and thankful for the amazing flowers & decor that they provided for our wedding. It was truly such a great feeling that we could go into the day knowing that Sayles and her team would have everything covered.

Despite a rainy forecast and having to move the ceremony inside, everything looked just AMAZING. Sayles created simple centerpieces w/ greenery and candlelight that exceeded our expectations, and everything just looked so lovely, romantic and modern - aka exactly what we were going for :) My bouquet was incredible, and I teared up when I first saw it along with the bridesmaids' bouquets. I'm so proud to display it on our mantle at home :) THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/27/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sayles Livingston Design did the flowers for our wedding at Linden Place and working with Sayles and her team (Cara!) is a decision I will never regret. From our initial meeting until the day of wedding, they were amazing to work with. At our first meeting, they asked us lots of questions and gave us great suggestions and things to think about. After I received the first proposal, I was worried about exceeding my flower budget so I called and Cara who was so helpful in offering alternatives to make it fit in my budget without sacrificing quality and the vision I wanted. I truly appreciated how easy, professional, and responsive they were, even as I made changes and tweaks along the way. On the day of the wedding when I saw all the flowers and candles I was blown away and other guests even commented how stunning everything was, all thanks to Sayles and her team. I could not recommend Sayles Livingston Design more highly.

Profile Picture Erin, 5/25/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Sayles is by far the best florist I have ever worked with. We told her our vision and she executed it flawlessly. I was particular but she went above and beyond. Everyone commented on the flowers. And I emailed her the day before to tell her we were moving the ceremony outside. lo and behold when we arrived the outdoor site was done beautifully! She’s a pleasure to work with!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/4/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sayles Flowers did a phenomenal job with our wedding flowers! They were absolutely stunning, romantic, and gorgeous. We loved their artistry, that we are preserving the bridal bouquet. Planning from afar, they were responsive, flexible to meet our budget and helpful. They also were great in putting out candles across the venue. We would absolutely hire them again!

Profile Picture Ariel, 11/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

A huge part of our daughter's and son-in-law's beautiful day was all of the gorgeous floral arrangements that surrounded us in beauty everywhere you looked. Really and truly, the flowers were jaw dropping!!!! So many family members and guests commented on how stunning the arrangements were. Everyone loved, loved the one very long “friends table” – one guest said to me “I wish I was cool enough to be out at that table”. All the tables were beautiful, but that table was special with the long garland and glowing candles. Sayles and Cara captured the vision exquisitely and executed it perfectly, we could not possibly have asked for more.

Thank you again to Sayles and Cara for sharing their talent to provide us with a stunning day which we won’t soon forget. Our only regret is that the flowers won’t last forever, but then again, that is all the more reason to appreciate them in that moment!

Profile Picture Helena, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We worked with the Sayles Livingston Design team for our wedding day at Bittersweet Farm, and overall had a great experience. I had some ideas as to what I envisioned on my wedding day, and Sayles and Cara did a lovely job translating those ideas into reality. It was so helpful to have the collaborative Pinterest board, which allowed me to better visualize what the big day would look like, and Cara was very responsive to my (many!) emails, which was incredibly appreciated since my husband and I were planning from out-of-state. Some of my favorite details included large floral arrangements framing the top of the aisle; fabric and florals to help frame the gazebo we were married in front of; my bouquet and the bridesmaids' bouquets, which were just as I envisioned; and the unique boutonnieres for my husband, the groomsmen, and our fathers. Was a bit disappointed that a few items weren't delivered (like our flower girl's floral crown) and not followed up on, and my mom had to ask the venue to bring inside the large flower arrangements for the escort table since that wasn't handled, but overall we were pleased and would recommend Sayles for her beautiful work.

**Update: After posting this review, Cara from Sayles Livingston emailed me almost immediately. We talked through the concerns I listed here, she stressed that they had been unaware of the missing flower crown and would review internally reception set-up processes, and ultimately they sent me a check to refund the crown. I appreciated the quick follow-up, which reflects their great service.

Profile Picture Erica, 9/30/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Sayles and Cara are truly incredible. They helped bring my dream wedding to life! Planning my wedding from the other side of the country proved difficult in many ways, but Sayles and Cara did everything they could to make sure my vision came to life and that our flowers were absolutely perfect. From the planning phone calls to the in person meeting, Sayles and Cara were always available to answer my questions, help me brainstorm, and plan out all the details. On the day of the wedding, I was floored by how beautiful all of the flowers were - from the bouquets, to the centerpieces (both tall and short), the ceremony trellis and small vases, everything was perfect. We continue to receive compliments on how gorgeous our flowers were, and I couldn't be more thrilled with how everything turned out. Thank you so much for helping make our day!! Brides, I can't recommend this team enough!

Profile Picture Jessica , 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

We had a wonderful experience with the Sayles Livingston team! Cara was amazing to work and was very understanding. Cara and the Sayles team created a beautiful atmosphere and I still can't get over the trellis! We received multiple compliments on the arrangements throughout the night and I was thrilled that our guests were excited to take some of the smaller arrangements home to enjoy. They really created what we envisioned for our wedding. We highly recommend Sayles Livingston Design!

Profile Picture Hillary, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements

Over the years, I have personally attended several weddings designed by Sayles Livingston and have always been impressed by her work, so selecting her for our wedding florist was an easy decision! I knew I wanted flowers that were a little different from the typical white/blush/greenery that is popular right now, but didn't quite know exactly what that meant. I pinned some photos on Pinterest, and Sayles turned my limited guidance into the most stunning florals. She was also willing to work with us by helping to integrate some sentimental flowers grown by my mom and a close friend into our arrangements. My husband and I were blown away when we showed up for the wedding - the flowers really helped to highlight our venue and tied together all of the components. The range of Sayles' work was amazing - She really thought of every detail: a floral trellis to be married under; floral wreaths adorned the building doors; large/lush arrangements for our gift table; bright florals and lots of candles on our guest tables; floral head crowns for my bridesmaids and a gorgeous hair clip for me. Her team also decked out our tent with market lights and placed twinkle lights in the trees around our event space.

Many of our guests also praised Sayles' work, exclaiming that our flowers were hands down THE BEST wedding flowers they had ever seen. One friend, who always tells her husband that she "isn't into flowers" even mentioned that she "finally understands why people like flowers so much" after attending our wedding.

Aside from being a creative genius, Sayles is a truly wonderful person. Her warm energy would be comforting to any bride. I also have to say that her entire team was fantastic to work with. All were extremely knowledgeable and made sure that every detail was perfect. Sayles' vision and her team's execution on the day of our wedding was impeccable. Without reservation, I highly recommend Sayles Livingston Design - don't hesitate...book her while she still

Profile Picture Cody, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I absolutely loved my flowers by Sayles! We used her for our wedding on 9/9/17 at OceanCliff. They were exactly what I wanted - blush and green with hints of blue. She even took a sample piece of fabric from our linens and used that to match ribbons to tie around our bouquets. We did a mix of high and low centerpieces. The high ones were "trees" (leafy branches in tall vases) surrounded by three smaller vases with florals, and the low ones were standard low arrangements in our wedding colors. They were timely, and professional. The only thing that we couldn't get due to the wind was that our ceremony decor was supposed to have draping that looked a bit more drapey (like curtains) and that wound being more like fabric kindof wrapped around the posts but it was still gorgeous. Everything was perfect and I would recommend Sayles to any bride!

Profile Picture Deniz, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

As a bride planning her wedding from across the country, finding a florist and decorator who I trusted implicitly was top of my list. Sayles and her team more than exceeded my expectations, and dreams. All of our meetings reviewed so many details, and she turned my ideas into a magical wonderland. Our ceremony was beautiful and just the right level of detail. And when we walked into our reception, it was what I had wanted, brought to life. It was perfect. We never had to worry about anything, and she took care of rentals as well. Our flowers were gorgeous and lasted well into the following week, and the guests who took centerpieces home loved having them. The pictures are just as good as the real thing! I have only good things to say about Sayles and her team!

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/2/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Sayles is all around a wonderful person and a fabulous florist. I could not believe when I stepped out of the bridal suite and saw how unbelievably beautiful our venue looked. I gave her very little direction because I completely trusted her professional judgment more than my own, and she did not disappoint. She literally captured my personality perfectly and made the day feel like a beautiful dream. She is honestly the best!!

Profile Picture Liz, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Sayles and her team are absolutely incredible. My husband and I got married earlier in August at the Island House at Belle Mer (first at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Chapel at Salve) in Newport. Sayles' customer service is the best and she didn't stop until everything was perfect. My bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets were exactly like the pictures we discussed, but even better. Belle Mer is naturally a very white room and Sayles made the whole room come to life with her design and gorgeous, colorful arrangements. Simply put, Sayles is the best. If you want the number one florist and team in Rhode Island or anywhere in New England, you will hire her!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sayles and her staff spent hours with us before the wedding making sure that my daughter's vision came to life in flowers. I had tears in my eyes when we previewed OceanCliff just before the reception. It was spectacular. Every detail of the table centerpieces, floral roping for the mantels, and occasional arrangements were perfect. The girls bouquets and church flowers were beautiful and they designed them so that we could re-purpose them at the cocktail hour. They even stored the flowers in their refrigerated truck over night and set them up at the brunch the next day. This is a top-notch florist and she has the cutest shop!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I could not have had a better experience working with Sayles and her assistant Cara. We did everything remotely, as I was in Chicago and they're in RI (as was our wedding), but they were completely responsive and helpful. Our flower requests were pretty simple, and they probably have/had way more complicated jobs where they could have made more money, but I never once felt that I was less important than their other clients. And the flowers were perfect - everything was exactly as I wanted it. I cannot recommend them enough.

Profile Picture Jennifer , 7/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sayles and her team seriously delivered on the flowers! I have never SEEN such crazy cool flowers. That being said, I think the big take away as a bride is that they listened to me and how I was willing to spend my money. Sayles honestly told me what was worth it, what wasn't and was SO creative. She built different items that could be moved from location to location, making it even more lush than my money could buy. I never felt undervalued or not heard. Sayles helped my vision come to life, and truly left everyone with the biggest take away of our wedding - THOSE FLOWERS!

Profile Picture Jane, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit

I use to work as a florist, so I know the value of flowers and the value we got was incredible. We could have easily paid double what we paid for the centerpieces we received. They were magnificent. The Bridal bouquet and the bridesmaid bouquets were all gorgeous and super full as well. They were able to wrap a piece of my great-grandmother's veil around the stems as well for my "something old."

I was pretty easy-going on what I wanted in them, I told them that I wanted a wild flower look with purples, whites, and blues and they delivered. I couldn't have been happier with the quality of their work.

Profile Picture Allison , 6/17/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Loved our wedding flowers! I really wanted lilacs, which were unavailable, but Sayles did an amazing job, peonies may be my new favorite flower :) I loved the centerpieces, especially the main table. We were able to repurpose our bouquets and ceremony flowers for the reception which helped us keep the cost down and still have an beautifully decorated reception.

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/17/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

Sayles and her team are the epitome of professionalism and class. She created all of the florals for my May 2017 wedding in Watch Hill and the result was sheer perfection. I have never seen such outrageously gorgeous flowers in my entire life. She far exceeded any expectations we had for the color, size, and presentation of each individual arrangement. If you are looking for the absolute best in florals for your wedding, you need not look any further. Sayles created utter magic and commits fully to the vision for any special event.

Profile Picture Paige, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

Sayles, Cara, and her entire team were truly the most wonderful people to work with for our wedding. Not only were the flowers STUNNING (more on that later), but the warmth, patience, and flexibility from Sayles and Cara made the entire planning process so easy and relaxed. I didn't want to allocate a lot of budget to flowers, so I honestly reached out to Sayles with my budget and what I wanted, expecting her to say it wouldn't fit. Needless to say, I was over the moon when not only did she make our budget fit, but she provided every single detail I could have ever wanted and more. Our centerpieces were INCREDIBLE, and the bouquets and flower crowns for the flower girl were overflowing with the most exquisite blooms I've ever seen. I had to keep circling the room to make sure I caught every single detail because everywhere I looked there were flowers that I wasn't even expecting. Sayles and Cara always responded to my anxious emails so promptly and with so much patience and reassurance, so I knew their work would be impeccable. I cannot recommend them more highly.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

Sayles Livingston Design completely out did them self. We worked directly with John and he and his team far exceeded our expectations. Every thing they created came out amazing and more than what we could have ever imagined. The floral arrangements were breathtaking as were all the bouquets and boutonnieres. The centerpieces were perfect. They were extremely accommodating and even collaborated with my mother in law on the most amazing arbor that was strong with chandelier crystals and flowers and ivy. Look no further because they are simply the best.

Profile Picture esther, 3/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Sayles and her team are amazing. Sayles is an incredible artist who understands the unique needs of her clients and of the particular events they are organizing. Her work is exceptional and the efficient and polite service of her team make it all the more enjoyable to work with them. I cannot recommend Sayles Livingston Design more highly!

Profile Picture M. , 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Sayles did a beautiful job with my wedding bouquets - they looked absolutely stunning and flawless. She was incredibly accomodating and easy to work with. I couldn't imagine working with a better florist!

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/1/16, 1 Review