148 Reviews for Sayles Livingston Design

Samples (4)
Venue Visit (3)
Chuppah Decor (3)
148 Sayles Livingston Design Reviews

Choosing Sayles and her team for our wedding was literally one of the best decisions we made. They were so committed to working with us to create the design and aesthetic we were hoping for, even when we couldn't quite put it into words. Sayles and her team are so much more than just florists, they are creative visionaries and exceeded ALL of our expectations. When we saw everything come together on our wedding day, we were blown away and so were our guests. We were also very appreciative of how responsive, easy-going and professional the whole team was throughout the planning process. If you're looking for a florist and team in Rhode Island or anywhere in New England, Sayles Livingston Design is definitely the one to go for.

Profile Picture Faith, 7/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers

I am so happy I went with Sayles for my wedding at Mount Hope. I worked closely with Cara. She was so amazing. She always got back to me very quickly. She knew exactly what I wanted and I liked how she repurposed things within my wedding. For example, the lantern used for my ceremony was then used in the cabin. Everything looked amazing. I highly recommend them!

Photo
Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/22/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I knew when we visited Cara for a consultation and viewed Sayles' beautiful work that she was our florist! Flowers and related items to add ambiance for our nautical wedding exceeded all expectations. We went quite a bit out of budget for the flowers but they added so much to the event that it was well worth it. Sayles is a true artist!

Profile Picture Cathy, 7/22/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Where do I even begin? To start: Sayles Livingston Design gets a 10 out of 10 on everything from creativity, organization, helpfulness and quality. Like every bride, I had a vision in my head but wasn't able to fully articulate what that was. Thanks to Sayles & Cara, they did this for me and brought to vision to life. They never pushed on budget or tried to up-sell, and was clear in what was possible & what wasn't within the budget constraints that we had. Their creativity and attention to detail was flawless - and not once did any of the arrangements let me down. They took my Pinterest images to heart but also enhanced them with their own ideas which was amazing. They were so incredible!!!

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sayles is incredible! If you are thinking about hiring her for your event, just YES. She is a talented artist and visionary design partner. From our very first meeting through my big day, she was attentive, really taking the time to listen and understand the look I wanted, and creative, helping me to think outside the box and imagine many different options. Sayles has worked at most of the venues in the area and knows all of the vendors, which is a huge plus when it comes to planning. When I was overwhelmed by decisions, like which white table cloth?!, Sayles was able to point me in the right direction. When my mom had a conflict with one of the vendors, Sayles connected us with a different sales office. She also helped us get the most out of our flowers, staying at the event so that the large flower installation on our trellis could be moved inside and enjoyed during the cocktail. She did beautiful work and I got so many compliments on the flowers at my wedding. Looking back at the pictures, they really set the tone for my perfect day.

Profile Picture Emily, 7/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Table Arrangements

Look NO further for an absolutely amazing florist. Easily my FAVORITE vendor to work with & see the final result of! From the moment I first chatted with Sayles and Cara on the phone I knew they would be perfect for me! Our wedding was a destination and it was so hard for me to pick vendors not getting to meet them or see their work in person. However, the ladies were so good at conveying exactly what everything would look like (the personalized pinterest board was a great help) and were great at giving suggestions about colors and placements in the venue. They also were very responsive and always excited to hear new ideas I had. The pricing was very reasonable and Sayles was very respectful of my budget without sacrificing any little detail. The flowers at the ceremony, the bouquets, the rehearsal dinner flowers, centerpieces, and head table garland were all so gorgeous! I also wanted something that would be a focal point in the venue- kind of a wow piece that hadn't been done before (and boy did we rack our brains to find the perfect fit)- and the ladies built an amazing hanging floral structure to go above my escort card table and everyone was in such awe! It was the first thing I saw when I entered the venue on the day of and I could have cried everything looked so amazing! I am a very, very tough person to please with a big Type A personality so it was very hard to me to not be able to picture exactly how everything looked until the day of and I was BLOWN away by how gorgeous everything came out- it was so ABOVE and BEYOND what I had pictured. Thank you SO much ladies!!!!

Profile Picture Victoria , 6/22/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

I cannot say enough great things about Sayles and her team. I worked primarily with Sayles and Cara and they were incredible. I came to them with essentially no idea what I was talking about but some a blurry "vision" of what I wanted and they took my messy thoughts and turned it into exactly what I was looking for. Cara was incredibly patient with me and came up with creative ways to achieve the look I was going for without breaking the bank. If you are getting married in the Newport/Rhode Island area I really don't see how you could book any other florist- they are the best!

Profile Picture Jeff, 6/1/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

One of the best decisions we made during wedding planning was to work with Sayles & her team. They were so creative, communicative, flexible and such a pleasure to work with. We were SO impressed and thankful for the amazing flowers & decor that they provided for our wedding. It was truly such a great feeling that we could go into the day knowing that Sayles and her team would have everything covered.

Despite a rainy forecast and having to move the ceremony inside, everything looked just AMAZING. Sayles created simple centerpieces w/ greenery and candlelight that exceeded our expectations, and everything just looked so lovely, romantic and modern - aka exactly what we were going for :) My bouquet was incredible, and I teared up when I first saw it along with the bridesmaids' bouquets. I'm so proud to display it on our mantle at home :) THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/27/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sayles Livingston Design did the flowers for our wedding at Linden Place and working with Sayles and her team (Cara!) is a decision I will never regret. From our initial meeting until the day of wedding, they were amazing to work with. At our first meeting, they asked us lots of questions and gave us great suggestions and things to think about. After I received the first proposal, I was worried about exceeding my flower budget so I called and Cara who was so helpful in offering alternatives to make it fit in my budget without sacrificing quality and the vision I wanted. I truly appreciated how easy, professional, and responsive they were, even as I made changes and tweaks along the way. On the day of the wedding when I saw all the flowers and candles I was blown away and other guests even commented how stunning everything was, all thanks to Sayles and her team. I could not recommend Sayles Livingston Design more highly.

Profile Picture Erin, 5/25/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Sayles is an absolute amazing florist and designer! I went to her shop/farm, and she is the real deal! thank you so much for making our dream wedding come true! Sayles is straight forward, to the point, and honest. I LOVE THAT. She doesn't turn someone away for a small budget and she's not unrealistic about budgets all in the same sentence. There's nothing worse than being lead on in the wedding industry, and Sayles and her team are beyond professional. I love that Sayles was always available or made sure to have her assistant reply in a timely manner. She surprised us on our wedding day and showed up to add orchids in our chuppah! Literally was the highlight of the entire wedding for me. It was gorgeous- like a dream! We had discussed using a different flower/greenery in order to achieve the same look to save me a bit of money, and then she took it over the top! Beyond grateful. She did my flower wall to PERFECTION, my centerpieces were huge, plush, romantic, just like the inspiration pictures we looked through, and she did beautiful customer mirrored runners on all of my tables. She also lead me in the right direction for some other custom decor work I needed done, she could have done it herself but she had me see if someone else could do it for less money.. and guess what, they could! So, I used the other company and Sayles added on some flowers to that design to bring it all home. Can't get any better than that!! My wedding was like a fairy tale you guys! HIRE SAYLES!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/5/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sayles is by far the best florist I have ever worked with. We told her our vision and she executed it flawlessly. I was particular but she went above and beyond. Everyone commented on the flowers. And I emailed her the day before to tell her we were moving the ceremony outside. lo and behold when we arrived the outdoor site was done beautifully! She’s a pleasure to work with!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/4/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sayles Flowers did a phenomenal job with our wedding flowers! They were absolutely stunning, romantic, and gorgeous. We loved their artistry, that we are preserving the bridal bouquet. Planning from afar, they were responsive, flexible to meet our budget and helpful. They also were great in putting out candles across the venue. We would absolutely hire them again!

Profile Picture Ariel, 11/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

A huge part of our daughter's and son-in-law's beautiful day was all of the gorgeous floral arrangements that surrounded us in beauty everywhere you looked. Really and truly, the flowers were jaw dropping!!!! So many family members and guests commented on how stunning the arrangements were. Everyone loved, loved the one very long “friends table” – one guest said to me “I wish I was cool enough to be out at that table”. All the tables were beautiful, but that table was special with the long garland and glowing candles. Sayles and Cara captured the vision exquisitely and executed it perfectly, we could not possibly have asked for more.

Thank you again to Sayles and Cara for sharing their talent to provide us with a stunning day which we won’t soon forget. Our only regret is that the flowers won’t last forever, but then again, that is all the more reason to appreciate them in that moment!

Profile Picture Helena, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We worked with the Sayles Livingston Design team for our wedding day at Bittersweet Farm, and overall had a great experience. I had some ideas as to what I envisioned on my wedding day, and Sayles and Cara did a lovely job translating those ideas into reality. It was so helpful to have the collaborative Pinterest board, which allowed me to better visualize what the big day would look like, and Cara was very responsive to my (many!) emails, which was incredibly appreciated since my husband and I were planning from out-of-state. Some of my favorite details included large floral arrangements framing the top of the aisle; fabric and florals to help frame the gazebo we were married in front of; my bouquet and the bridesmaids' bouquets, which were just as I envisioned; and the unique boutonnieres for my husband, the groomsmen, and our fathers. Was a bit disappointed that a few items weren't delivered (like our flower girl's floral crown) and not followed up on, and my mom had to ask the venue to bring inside the large flower arrangements for the escort table since that wasn't handled, but overall we were pleased and would recommend Sayles for her beautiful work.

**Update: After posting this review, Cara from Sayles Livingston emailed me almost immediately. We talked through the concerns I listed here, she stressed that they had been unaware of the missing flower crown and would review internally reception set-up processes, and ultimately they sent me a check to refund the crown. I appreciated the quick follow-up, which reflects their great service.

Profile Picture Erica, 9/30/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Sayles and Cara are truly incredible. They helped bring my dream wedding to life! Planning my wedding from the other side of the country proved difficult in many ways, but Sayles and Cara did everything they could to make sure my vision came to life and that our flowers were absolutely perfect. From the planning phone calls to the in person meeting, Sayles and Cara were always available to answer my questions, help me brainstorm, and plan out all the details. On the day of the wedding, I was floored by how beautiful all of the flowers were - from the bouquets, to the centerpieces (both tall and short), the ceremony trellis and small vases, everything was perfect. We continue to receive compliments on how gorgeous our flowers were, and I couldn't be more thrilled with how everything turned out. Thank you so much for helping make our day!! Brides, I can't recommend this team enough!

Profile Picture Jessica , 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

We had a wonderful experience with the Sayles Livingston team! Cara was amazing to work and was very understanding. Cara and the Sayles team created a beautiful atmosphere and I still can't get over the trellis! We received multiple compliments on the arrangements throughout the night and I was thrilled that our guests were excited to take some of the smaller arrangements home to enjoy. They really created what we envisioned for our wedding. We highly recommend Sayles Livingston Design!

Profile Picture Hillary, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements

Over the years, I have personally attended several weddings designed by Sayles Livingston and have always been impressed by her work, so selecting her for our wedding florist was an easy decision! I knew I wanted flowers that were a little different from the typical white/blush/greenery that is popular right now, but didn't quite know exactly what that meant. I pinned some photos on Pinterest, and Sayles turned my limited guidance into the most stunning florals. She was also willing to work with us by helping to integrate some sentimental flowers grown by my mom and a close friend into our arrangements. My husband and I were blown away when we showed up for the wedding - the flowers really helped to highlight our venue and tied together all of the components. The range of Sayles' work was amazing - She really thought of every detail: a floral trellis to be married under; floral wreaths adorned the building doors; large/lush arrangements for our gift table; bright florals and lots of candles on our guest tables; floral head crowns for my bridesmaids and a gorgeous hair clip for me. Her team also decked out our tent with market lights and placed twinkle lights in the trees around our event space.

Many of our guests also praised Sayles' work, exclaiming that our flowers were hands down THE BEST wedding flowers they had ever seen. One friend, who always tells her husband that she "isn't into flowers" even mentioned that she "finally understands why people like flowers so much" after attending our wedding.

Aside from being a creative genius, Sayles is a truly wonderful person. Her warm energy would be comforting to any bride. I also have to say that her entire team was fantastic to work with. All were extremely knowledgeable and made sure that every detail was perfect. Sayles' vision and her team's execution on the day of our wedding was impeccable. Without reservation, I highly recommend Sayles Livingston Design - don't hesitate...book her while she still

Profile Picture Cody, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I absolutely loved my flowers by Sayles! We used her for our wedding on 9/9/17 at OceanCliff. They were exactly what I wanted - blush and green with hints of blue. She even took a sample piece of fabric from our linens and used that to match ribbons to tie around our bouquets. We did a mix of high and low centerpieces. The high ones were "trees" (leafy branches in tall vases) surrounded by three smaller vases with florals, and the low ones were standard low arrangements in our wedding colors. They were timely, and professional. The only thing that we couldn't get due to the wind was that our ceremony decor was supposed to have draping that looked a bit more drapey (like curtains) and that wound being more like fabric kindof wrapped around the posts but it was still gorgeous. Everything was perfect and I would recommend Sayles to any bride!

Profile Picture Deniz, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

As a bride planning her wedding from across the country, finding a florist and decorator who I trusted implicitly was top of my list. Sayles and her team more than exceeded my expectations, and dreams. All of our meetings reviewed so many details, and she turned my ideas into a magical wonderland. Our ceremony was beautiful and just the right level of detail. And when we walked into our reception, it was what I had wanted, brought to life. It was perfect. We never had to worry about anything, and she took care of rentals as well. Our flowers were gorgeous and lasted well into the following week, and the guests who took centerpieces home loved having them. The pictures are just as good as the real thing! I have only good things to say about Sayles and her team!

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/2/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Sayles is all around a wonderful person and a fabulous florist. I could not believe when I stepped out of the bridal suite and saw how unbelievably beautiful our venue looked. I gave her very little direction because I completely trusted her professional judgment more than my own, and she did not disappoint. She literally captured my personality perfectly and made the day feel like a beautiful dream. She is honestly the best!!

Profile Picture Liz, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Sayles and her team are absolutely incredible. My husband and I got married earlier in August at the Island House at Belle Mer (first at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Chapel at Salve) in Newport. Sayles' customer service is the best and she didn't stop until everything was perfect. My bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets were exactly like the pictures we discussed, but even better. Belle Mer is naturally a very white room and Sayles made the whole room come to life with her design and gorgeous, colorful arrangements. Simply put, Sayles is the best. If you want the number one florist and team in Rhode Island or anywhere in New England, you will hire her!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sayles and her staff spent hours with us before the wedding making sure that my daughter's vision came to life in flowers. I had tears in my eyes when we previewed OceanCliff just before the reception. It was spectacular. Every detail of the table centerpieces, floral roping for the mantels, and occasional arrangements were perfect. The girls bouquets and church flowers were beautiful and they designed them so that we could re-purpose them at the cocktail hour. They even stored the flowers in their refrigerated truck over night and set them up at the brunch the next day. This is a top-notch florist and she has the cutest shop!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I could not have had a better experience working with Sayles and her assistant Cara. We did everything remotely, as I was in Chicago and they're in RI (as was our wedding), but they were completely responsive and helpful. Our flower requests were pretty simple, and they probably have/had way more complicated jobs where they could have made more money, but I never once felt that I was less important than their other clients. And the flowers were perfect - everything was exactly as I wanted it. I cannot recommend them enough.

Profile Picture Jennifer , 7/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Sayles and her team seriously delivered on the flowers! I have never SEEN such crazy cool flowers. That being said, I think the big take away as a bride is that they listened to me and how I was willing to spend my money. Sayles honestly told me what was worth it, what wasn't and was SO creative. She built different items that could be moved from location to location, making it even more lush than my money could buy. I never felt undervalued or not heard. Sayles helped my vision come to life, and truly left everyone with the biggest take away of our wedding - THOSE FLOWERS!

Profile Picture Jane, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit

I use to work as a florist, so I know the value of flowers and the value we got was incredible. We could have easily paid double what we paid for the centerpieces we received. They were magnificent. The Bridal bouquet and the bridesmaid bouquets were all gorgeous and super full as well. They were able to wrap a piece of my great-grandmother's veil around the stems as well for my "something old."

I was pretty easy-going on what I wanted in them, I told them that I wanted a wild flower look with purples, whites, and blues and they delivered. I couldn't have been happier with the quality of their work.

Profile Picture Allison , 6/17/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements