Sayles Livingston Design Reviews

Sayles Livingston Design 6
Sayles Livingston Design 7

Anita Marandi · Married on 09/29/2019

Wonderful!

So I was very nervous about florals because I was on a tight budget, but did not want my decor to appear that way. I am so thankful for Sayles and her team (Cara in particular who worked closely with us)!! They were so gracious and easy to work with throughout the whole process. They created beautiful arrangements and a bouquet that was out of this world (all while sticking to my budget!) They are so incredibly kind and amazing at what they do and I am so happy to have found them for my special day!!!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Elaine Labrecque · Married on 09/13/2019

We were more than pleased, and Sayles is a doll to work with

Sayles and her team were a joy to work with. On our consultation visit, my Sister (who wa the Bride and I was the Wedding Planner/Maid of Honor), had a very specific vision in her head. Light, airy, larger blooms, etc. She didn't want to pic an accent color!!! Sayles understood her priorities and provided the perfect flowers for the affect my Sister wanted for her wedding. They were right on time delivering everything to the suite for photos and to the venue. Sayles asks all the right questions and is patient and listens attentively. I would recommend Sayles Livingston with all my heart!

Sent on 10/09/2019
    Sayles Livingston Design 13
    Sayles Livingston Design 14

Amy Eisenberg · Married on 09/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

We used Sayles Florist this past weekend for my son and my daughter-in-law's wedding at Guerney's Resort in Newport, RI. I can't say enough positive things about them. They were so helpful and professional and the outcome was exactly what the bride and groom wanted. Cara was the best to work with. I would highly recommend Sayles to anyone that is having a function. They were absolutely amazing!!!!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Danielle · Married on 08/30/2019

Wedding Flowers

I hired Sayles based on all of the amazing reviews. I planned a destination wedding and had not seen their work in person. After speaking with Cara and Sayles about my vision, I trusted their suggestions and they delivered exactly what I pictured while working within my budget! I was blown away on my wedding day with how gorgeous my flowers were!! The ceremony flowers were even nicer than I imagined! Thank you Sayles for helping to make my wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 09/06/2019
    Sayles Livingston Design 15
    Sayles Livingston Design 16
    Sayles Livingston Design 17

Karen King · Married on 08/18/2019

WOW! She blew me away

Sayles was such a pleasure to work with and is such an amazing person! She went ABOVE AND BEYOND!

When I called Sayles, I explained that we wanted to keep the budget on flowers tight, and she and Cara worked within my budget to get the look I wanted. She explained to me what I could get for that amount and mentioned what she would love to add if I were more flexible. I found her to be a lot more flexible than the other vendors I spoke to.

I didn't know a single thing about flowers. As a first step, they asked me to make a Pinterest board of ideas I like. We quickly figured out that I loved orchids and wanted things that were way beyond my budget. Sayles and her team explained to me how we can work with similar flowers to make the look I wanted come to life.

When I got to the venue the day of my wedding, I was blown away. Our chuppah was the most beautiful chuppah I had ever seen (maybe I am bias, but I was speechless!). Sayles knew how much I loved hanging orchids, and although we ultimately decided they wouldn't work in my budget, she added a few to the Chuppah anyway. That little touch meant the world to me.

Every other decor detail of that night was so beautiful. I felt like the entire venue looked effortlessly elegant. She has impeccable, classy, and timeless taste. We got married in Belle Mer and wanted to have a minimalist approach to flowers so that the water and space will speak for itself. She delivered just that.

(photos by Joe Laurin)

Sent on 10/13/2019
    Sayles Livingston Design 18
    Sayles Livingston Design 19
  • Maura

Maura Hogan · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely wonderful experience!

Sayles and team were absolutely wonderful to work with - from start to finish. They were incredibly professional, responsive and talented, and their attention to detail was second to none. I had a specific vision in mind, and they exceeded my expectations in every way bringing that vision to life. I'm so grateful for their assistance in making our day so beautiful!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Hi Maura,

Thank you SO much for leaving us a great review! We absolutely loved bringing your vision to life- I'm so so happy you loved the final result! Congratulations again!

Hannah Curtis · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible florist!!!!!!!!!! 10/10

• Sayles Livingston is the BEST!! Not knowing a lot about flowers or florists, we reached out to a couple different vendors in the area. After a conversation with Kara I know that Sayles was the right florist for me and it could not have been truer after seeing everything come to light on our wedding day. Throughout the entire process, Kara organized, thoughtful and informative! From what was some pins on my Pinterest vision board, came a BEAUTIFULLY orchestrated wedding. Sayles did our bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces and some ceremony/chair décor and I could not have been more happy with how they turned out. Having a budget in mind, while not being extremely knowledgeable about floral design, Sayles and Cara were able to provide recommendations and suggestions for making the most of out the day! Additionally, there is no request or inquiry too big or too small. Being from Alaska and having a wedding in Massachusetts, I wanted to somewhere incorporate the Alaska state flower… on my wedding day I was surprised with Forget-Me-Knots woven into my bridal bouquet. I was completely blown away with the customer service and just professional of Sayles. Could not recommend them more!!!!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Hi Hannah,

Thank you so much for this great review! We're so happy you loved the forget-me-nots!! Hope married life is treating you well!

Ariel Johnson · Married on 06/30/2019

Beyond expectations

Sayles and her team are incredible. Hands down. They exceeded my wildest dreams of my wedding flower vision. I was definitely inconsistent, and indecisive for a lot of it, but nonetheless they worked with me very closely and made sure I was happy with every single detail. The flowers took my breath away!!!!!!!! Not to mention, her team braved a 60 mph hurricane to keep my Chuppah standing, 35 minutes before my ceremony started!!! They truly were amazing to work with and super responsive. I am so grateful I hired them and cannot emphasize enough they truly are the best team. AND reasonable!! which is hard to come by with wedding vendors.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Hi Ariel,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely review! I'm so so pleased we were able to exceed your vision- THANK YOU for hiring us to be a part of your big day!

Summer · Married on 06/29/2019

Sayles and her team are truly fantastic!!!

Sayles and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with! We hired them for our wedding at OceanCliff in June 2019. From the initial phone call where we discussed our vision, Sayles and her team put together a detailed proposal that included everything we discussed in detail with a breakdown of all costs associated. They were incredibly easy to work with and created a Pinterest board where they added inspiration pics and we could add them as well. From there, we were able to have a meeting to really pinpoint the exact details we wanted. All I can say is on the day of the wedding - we were blown away by the absolutely beautiful flowers and details Sayles and her team created for us. From the bouquets to the ceremony aisle flowers and reception centerpieces - it was an absolute dream!!! Everything was exactly as I visioned but even more! Sayles is the absolute sweetest and listens and provides amazing support and advice based on what you are looking for. She did an incredible job and we could not be happier! I still have people mention to me how beautiful the flowers looked. THANK YOU Sayles!!!
    xx Summer

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Sayles Livingston Design 20
    Sayles Livingston Design 21
    Sayles Livingston Design 22

Hi Summer,

Thank you so much for your kind words! These pictures are AMAZING!! Hope married life is treating you well!

• Lindsay

Lindsay Cohen Keaney · Married on 06/28/2019

Floral Fairytale

Having an amazing florist was something that was really important to us. We spoke to a few different ones prior to book with Sayles but after my initial call with Cara I knew I wanted to book with them immediately. Cara was so organized and understood my vision perfectly
    even though I couldn't tell you the difference between any types of flowers. We had our own personalized pintrest board with them and I always adding inspi to it and so were they. We met in tiverton at their shop twice once meeting with just cara because Sayles was away and Cara was on top of everything! The meetings were always so productive and they would offer expertise advice on different things and what would look best. I could cry thinking back to when a I first saw our venue the day of... it was absolutely beautiful and jaw dropping. The chuppa we designed with them exceeded our expectations x a billion. The Bohlin in Newport RI was our venue, which is already beautiful to begin with, but they took it to another level and it was truly a floral venue. Sayles and her venue know what they are doing and our experts in executing the perfect day. We never had one blip or issue with them they handled everything and got it done. We had a brunch the next day at the Newport Marriott and they provided us with the option to take care of bringing the flowers there for the next day. We are so happy we had this option, because that was the last thing we were thinking about doing the night of our wedding! We loved working with Sayles so much and would recommend them 100x over!

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Sayles Livingston Design 27
    Sayles Livingston Design 28
    Sayles Livingston Design 29

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a wonderful review! And thanks for sharing these pictures- you look SO beautiful!! We're so so pleased you loved your flowers! It was a pleasure working with you!

Gayle Rosen · Married on 06/23/2019

Incredibly Talented Florist

Working with Sayles and her team was an amazing experience! I organized my wedding from Ohio and did not have a wedding planner. Sayles helped me bring my vision to life on our wedding day and was an absolute pleasure to work with. Sayles and her team were always prompt to respond, quick to give design suggestions, and also competitive in pricing. They did such a beautiful job that everyone still can't stop talking about the flowers, almost a month later! If you are considering getting married in or around Newport, RI she is definitely the person to work with. I only wish I had another party to plan with her!!

Sent on 07/15/2019
    Sayles Livingston Design 30
    Sayles Livingston Design 31
    Sayles Livingston Design 32
    Sayles Livingston Design 33

Hi Gayle,

Thank you so much for this review! We absolutely loved bringing your vision to life! The pictures... WOW!! We'd absolutely love to work with you for any future parties ;)

• Laura

Laura · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely stunning

Everything from the centerpieces, to the chuppah, to the bouquets were utterly amazing! The colors were exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 05/04/2019
    Sayles Livingston Design 45
  • lauren

lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

Blown away by Sayles!

We interviewed 3 local florists in the Newport area, all of which were recommended to us by Castle Hill Inn. Sayles was a clear front runner who treated our money as if it were her own and came up with creative ways to reuse florals throughout the night (like the ceremony chair flowers moved to the dessert table, the bridesmaids flowers decorated the cigar bar etc.)

She also painstakingly converted silver sailboats into gold for our place cards.

The flowers were out of the park beautiful and she was a delight to work with. I cannot wait to watch her career take off and say I knew her when.

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 51
    Sayles Livingston Design 52
    Sayles Livingston Design 53

Hi Lauren,

Apologies for the delayed response, but thank you so so much for leaving us this lovely review! You looked absolutely stunning (I love your dress!) Thank you for hiring us to be part of your big day.

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2018

True experts at their craft!

When it came to floral at our wedding, I had my color scheme planned and a budget in mind. On our initial consultation call, that’s really all I could offer her as I know absolutely nothing about flowers – I don’t have a favorite flower, I don’t know what flowers are in season and when, etc. After one call, I received a proposal and Pinterest board she had made for some inspiration! She absolutely NAILED IT. I knew from that moment on that I could cross any and all floral decisions off my list because I was in good hands. On the day of my wedding, I was completely blown away by their work. My venue was naturally stunning so I kept floral pretty simple, and it still made a huge difference. I still have guests talking about my wedding party’s bouquets and how dahlias will forever remind them of my wedding day. (I unknowingly learned a new flower in the process!) Sayles and her team are truly floral artists. They are one of the best decisions we made on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review Jennifer! It is wonderful to hear we were so helpful throughout your planning process. It's always so nice to know when our floral arrangements stand out at such a naturally beautiful venue like Blithewold!

Julia Driscoll · Married on 08/18/2018

Beyond anything I could have imagined!

Sayles and her team were simply amazing. There is not enough words or space to describe how beautiful her work is. She completely understood my vision and went above and beyond to totally transform our space. Her canopy installation was beyond anything I could imagine and her bouquets, table flowers and church flowers were stunning. I received compliments all night for her stunning displays and I could not recommend her more. Perfection!!!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Hi Julia! Thank you!!! It was truly our pleasure to work with you and your amazing family! Congratulations!!! Sayles

Joann · Married on 07/29/2018

We had a great experience working with Sayles Livingston. After our first meeting, Sayles and Cara created a Pinterest board that we could both add photos to. This helped to convey our vision and allowed us to see their ideas. When we walked into the tent on the day of the wedding, we were overcome by how beautiful everything looked. The bouquets, the arrangements and all of the decor were absolutely stunning. They had gotten the special dahlias we had requested and there was such a variety of flowers in all of the decor. Sayles created a trellis over the head table which we loved and so many of our guests commented on. One of the best things about Sayles and her team is how easy they are to work with. She was fine with additions and changes and even was able to tweak one of the details on our wedding day to make sure everything looked the way we wanted it to. We can't say enough about Sayles. We're so glad we found her!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 54
    Sayles Livingston Design 55
    Sayles Livingston Design 56
    Sayles Livingston Design 57
    Sayles Livingston Design 58

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you SO much for the review Joann! We had a wonderful time bringing your overall vision to life, and working on that trellis over the head table! We are so happy to hear everything stood out against the Castle Hill tent!
  • F

Faith · Married on 07/28/2018

Choosing Sayles and her team for our wedding was literally one of the best decisions we made. They were so committed to working with us to create the design and aesthetic we were hoping for, even when we couldn't quite put it into words. Sayles and her team are so much more than just florists, they are creative visionaries and exceeded ALL of our expectations. When we saw everything come together on our wedding day, we were blown away and so were our guests. We were also very appreciative of how responsive, easy-going and professional the whole team was throughout the planning process. If you're looking for a florist and team in Rhode Island or anywhere in New England, Sayles Livingston Design is definitely the one to go for.

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 66
    Sayles Livingston Design 67
    Sayles Livingston Design 68

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Faith! We are so grateful that you chose us to bring your vision to life and transform The Chanler for the day! We had so much fun bringing each and every detail together.

Kimberly · Married on 07/22/2018

I am so happy I went with Sayles for my wedding at Mount Hope. I worked closely with Cara. She was so amazing. She always got back to me very quickly. She knew exactly what I wanted and I liked how she repurposed things within my wedding. For example, the lantern used for my ceremony was then used in the cabin. Everything looked amazing. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/23/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 73
    Sayles Livingston Design 74
    Sayles Livingston Design 75

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Kimberly, thank you so much for the lovely review! We are SO grateful that you chose us to work with you on your special day at Mount Hope Farm.

Cathy · Married on 07/22/2018

I knew when we visited Cara for a consultation and viewed Sayles' beautiful work that she was our florist! Flowers and related items to add ambiance for our nautical wedding exceeded all expectations. We went quite a bit out of budget for the flowers but they added so much to the event that it was well worth it. Sayles is a true artist!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Cathy, thank you for the amazing review! It is always our goal to exceed expectations and we are SO happy to hear that you were pleased with your decision to include more than you initially planned!

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2018

Where do I even begin? To start: Sayles Livingston Design gets a 10 out of 10 on everything from creativity, organization, helpfulness and quality. Like every bride, I had a vision in my head but wasn't able to fully articulate what that was. Thanks to Sayles & Cara, they did this for me and brought to vision to life. They never pushed on budget or tried to up-sell, and was clear in what was possible & what wasn't within the budget constraints that we had. Their creativity and attention to detail was flawless - and not once did any of the arrangements let me down. They took my Pinterest images to heart but also enhanced them with their own ideas which was amazing. They were so incredible!!!

Sent on 09/10/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 76
    Sayles Livingston Design 77
    Sayles Livingston Design 78
    Sayles Livingston Design 79
    Sayles Livingston Design 80

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review Jenna! It is SO wonderful to hear that we were able to add to the expectations of your special day at The Bohlin!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/14/2018

Outstanding experience!

Thank you so much to Sayles and the entire team at Sayles Livingston Designs -- from the very beginning their attention to detail, willingness to accommodate, and prioritizing our wedding was apparent. Sayles spent a long time with us going over each detail, and Cara was extremely helpful in helping us tack down the details from a distance! The day was absolutely perfect, the flowers were elegant and so tasteful. I'd highly recommend working with this team to make your dream wedding come true like ours!

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 85
    Sayles Livingston Design 86
    Sayles Livingston Design 87

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

We are so grateful for your wonderful review Samantha! We had a lovely time bringing your vision to life at the Warwick Country Club!

Emily · Married on 07/07/2018

Sayles is incredible! If you are thinking about hiring her for your event, just YES. She is a talented artist and visionary design partner. From our very first meeting through my big day, she was attentive, really taking the time to listen and understand the look I wanted, and creative, helping me to think outside the box and imagine many different options. Sayles has worked at most of the venues in the area and knows all of the vendors, which is a huge plus when it comes to planning. When I was overwhelmed by decisions, like which white table cloth?!, Sayles was able to point me in the right direction. When my mom had a conflict with one of the vendors, Sayles connected us with a different sales office. She also helped us get the most out of our flowers, staying at the event so that the large flower installation on our trellis could be moved inside and enjoyed during the cocktail. She did beautiful work and I got so many compliments on the flowers at my wedding. Looking back at the pictures, they really set the tone for my perfect day.

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 88
    Sayles Livingston Design 89
    Sayles Livingston Design 90
    Sayles Livingston Design 91
    Sayles Livingston Design 92

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you SO much for the wonderful review Emily! We are grateful that you chose us to bring your vision to life at the Rhode Island Country Club, and happy to hear that we were so helpful during the planning process for your special day!

Victoria · Married on 06/22/2018

Look NO further for an absolutely amazing florist. Easily my FAVORITE vendor to work with & see the final result of! From the moment I first chatted with Sayles and Cara on the phone I knew they would be perfect for me! Our wedding was a destination and it was so hard for me to pick vendors not getting to meet them or see their work in person. However, the ladies were so good at conveying exactly what everything would look like (the personalized pinterest board was a great help) and were great at giving suggestions about colors and placements in the venue. They also were very responsive and always excited to hear new ideas I had. The pricing was very reasonable and Sayles was very respectful of my budget without sacrificing any little detail. The flowers at the ceremony, the bouquets, the rehearsal dinner flowers, centerpieces, and head table garland were all so gorgeous! I also wanted something that would be a focal point in the venue- kind of a wow piece that hadn't been done before (and boy did we rack our brains to find the perfect fit)- and the ladies built an amazing hanging floral structure to go above my escort card table and everyone was in such awe! It was the first thing I saw when I entered the venue on the day of and I could have cried everything looked so amazing! I am a very, very tough person to please with a big Type A personality so it was very hard to me to not be able to picture exactly how everything looked until the day of and I was BLOWN away by how gorgeous everything came out- it was so ABOVE and BEYOND what I had pictured. Thank you SO much ladies!!!!

Sent on 07/26/2018
    Sayles Livingston Design 100
    Sayles Livingston Design 101
    Sayles Livingston Design 102

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Victoria thank you SO much for this lovely review. We were so thrilled to work with you and help create such a beautiful wedding. Congratulations!
    Warmly Sayles (and crew)

Jeff · Married on 06/01/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Sayles and her team. I worked primarily with Sayles and Cara and they were incredible. I came to them with essentially no idea what I was talking about but some a blurry "vision" of what I wanted and they took my messy thoughts and turned it into exactly what I was looking for. Cara was incredibly patient with me and came up with creative ways to achieve the look I was going for without breaking the bank. If you are getting married in the Newport/Rhode Island area I really don't see how you could book any other florist- they are the best!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you so much for this kind review Jeff! We were so happy to work with you and help you with your vision. Congratulations!
    Warmly Sayles and team

Kelsey · Married on 05/27/2018

One of the best decisions we made during wedding planning was to work with Sayles & her team. They were so creative, communicative, flexible and such a pleasure to work with. We were SO impressed and thankful for the amazing flowers & decor that they provided for our wedding. It was truly such a great feeling that we could go into the day knowing that Sayles and her team would have everything covered.

Despite a rainy forecast and having to move the ceremony inside, everything looked just AMAZING. Sayles created simple centerpieces w/ greenery and candlelight that exceeded our expectations, and everything just looked so lovely, romantic and modern - aka exactly what we were going for :) My bouquet was incredible, and I teared up when I first saw it along with the bridesmaids' bouquets. I'm so proud to display it on our mantle at home :) THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Congratulations Kelsey. Thank you so much for such a kind review. It was a pleasure to work with you and help create such a magical day.
    Warmly Sayles and team!