Sayles Livingston Design Reviews

173 Reviews for Sayles Livingston Design

• Morgan

Morgan G · Getting married on 10/11/2020

Lovely Work

We worked with Cara and Sayles for our wedding. All of the arrangements, bouquets, boutonnieres, the arbor — everything — came out beautifully. The flowers really set the atmosphere and helped to actualize the vision I had for the day. It can be difficult to communicate a vision for flowers when you don't know anything about flowers. I very much appreciate the patience and kindness they showed during planning, as well as their diligence to meet all of the needs I laid out. It was the loveliest day, and we are grateful for Sayles, Cara, and the rest of the team for their contributions!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Hi Morgan,
    Thank you for the wonderful review. Our team loved being able to share this special day with you and your family. We are thrilled that we are able to help your dream wedding come true.

Sayles and the team.
  • Robin

Robin Wetherill · Married on 11/09/2019

The florals were extraordinary!

Our flowers were breathtaking. Guests are still talking about how incredible our venue looked, filled with beautiful arrangements. We described some basic wants (lots of greenery, whites, brass), and Sayles created something extraordinary. A true highlight was the unbelievable fireplace installation which was the backdrop to our ceremony.

Sent on 02/09/2020
  • Catey

Catey · Married on 10/19/2019

Flowers & Decor beyond my wildest dreams

I had followed Sayles for years before I got married and knew the day I got engaged that I wanted her to be my florist. What I didn’t know if how she and her team would absolutely blow my mind and bring my vision to life in ways that I did not know were even possible. I cannot recommend her enough, she is very calm cool and collected, very responsive to all communications, and she also was somehow able to interpret my very lackluster description of what I wanted into flowers fit for a fairy-tale. From the moment they brought me my bouquet (I squealed a bit) to the first time I saw the arrangements, my breath was taken away. When my parents walked the rooms to see everything, my Mom cried. Also, the countless number of people who said the flowers were stunning is a true testament to her artistry. We could not be happier and will be basking in the glow of how beautiful everything was for years to come.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you for your kind review. We love hearing that our team was so helpful and made your dream wedding a reality, especially with happy tears and squeals. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.

• Kristin

Kristin · Married on 10/12/2019

The most incredible flowers

Sayles and her team were a dream to work with! My husband and I weren't overly familiar with flowers, but they made it so easy for us, and suggested flowers that we absolutely loved. They were really wonderful at working with us and our budget, and we were blown away by their arrangements and attention to detail. When I emailed Sayles a week before the wedding about forgetting to include one boutonniere in my count, she was so nice and included it without a charge! Really wonderful service, and stunning arrangements.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Hi Kristin,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy we could be part of your big day. We wish you all the love and happiness.

Sayles and the team

Anita Marandi · Married on 09/29/2019

Wonderful!

So I was very nervous about florals because I was on a tight budget, but did not want my decor to appear that way. I am so thankful for Sayles and her team (Cara in particular who worked closely with us)!! They were so gracious and easy to work with throughout the whole process. They created beautiful arrangements and a bouquet that was out of this world (all while sticking to my budget!) They are so incredibly kind and amazing at what they do and I am so happy to have found them for my special day!!!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Hi Anita,

Warmly, Sayles and the team.

Elaine Labrecque · Married on 09/13/2019

We were more than pleased, and Sayles is a doll to work with

Sayles and her team were a joy to work with. On our consultation visit, my Sister (who wa the Bride and I was the Wedding Planner/Maid of Honor), had a very specific vision in her head. Light, airy, larger blooms, etc. She didn't want to pic an accent color!!! Sayles understood her priorities and provided the perfect flowers for the affect my Sister wanted for her wedding. They were right on time delivering everything to the suite for photos and to the venue. Sayles asks all the right questions and is patient and listens attentively. I would recommend Sayles Livingston with all my heart!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Hi Elaine!
    We are thrilled to hear about your perfect day. Our team loved being able to share it with you. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review and sending over such beautiful pictures.

Warmly Sayles and the team

Leigh · Married on 09/07/2019

Most Beautiful Wedding Flowers

When I first got engaged, I attended the Newport Bridal show thinking it would be a fun experience with my mom to help find a florist. Sure, there were tons- and somewhat overwhelming, but I had yet to find one I LOVED. Then, I stumbled upon Sayles' instagram and website. I immediately put in an inquiry hoping she & her team had my date available. From then on, it was a dream. Sayles put together her own pinterest board for me based on our conversations and it couldn't have been a more perfect match. Her and Cara on her team took so much time, effort, and multiple meetings to go through each and every flower and decor piece. While I wanted simple, white flowers and greenery, they went above and beyond to ensure that my simplistic idea, wasn't simple at all- when it came to life, it was truly magical to see what they had put together. I couldn't have imagined anything more perfect. If you have the opportunity to work with Sayles DO IT (and listen to her little suggestions that make you go outside of your comfort zone- I couldn't be happier that I did!).

Sent on 12/30/2019

Hi Leigh!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so thrilled that we could make your wedding absolutely magical and everything imagined. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.

Amy Eisenberg · Married on 09/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

We used Sayles Florist this past weekend for my son and my daughter-in-law's wedding at Guerney's Resort in Newport, RI. I can't say enough positive things about them. They were so helpful and professional and the outcome was exactly what the bride and groom wanted. Cara was the best to work with. I would highly recommend Sayles to anyone that is having a function. They were absolutely amazing!!!!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Hi Amy!
    We are thrilled to hear about your son and daughter in law's perfect day. Our team loved being able to share it with you. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review.

Sayles and the team

Danielle · Married on 08/30/2019

Wedding Flowers

I hired Sayles based on all of the amazing reviews. I planned a destination wedding and had not seen their work in person. After speaking with Cara and Sayles about my vision, I trusted their suggestions and they delivered exactly what I pictured while working within my budget! I was blown away on my wedding day with how gorgeous my flowers were!! The ceremony flowers were even nicer than I imagined! Thank you Sayles for helping to make my wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Hi Danielle!

Thank you for your kind review. We love hearing that our team was so helpful and made your dream wedding a reality. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.

Karen King · Married on 08/18/2019

WOW! She blew me away

Sayles was such a pleasure to work with and is such an amazing person! She went ABOVE AND BEYOND!

When I called Sayles, I explained that we wanted to keep the budget on flowers tight, and she and Cara worked within my budget to get the look I wanted. She explained to me what I could get for that amount and mentioned what she would love to add if I were more flexible. I found her to be a lot more flexible than the other vendors I spoke to.

I didn't know a single thing about flowers. As a first step, they asked me to make a Pinterest board of ideas I like. We quickly figured out that I loved orchids and wanted things that were way beyond my budget. Sayles and her team explained to me how we can work with similar flowers to make the look I wanted come to life.

When I got to the venue the day of my wedding, I was blown away. Our chuppah was the most beautiful chuppah I had ever seen (maybe I am bias, but I was speechless!). Sayles knew how much I loved hanging orchids, and although we ultimately decided they wouldn't work in my budget, she added a few to the Chuppah anyway. That little touch meant the world to me.

Every other decor detail of that night was so beautiful. I felt like the entire venue looked effortlessly elegant. She has impeccable, classy, and timeless taste. We got married in Belle Mer and wanted to have a minimalist approach to flowers so that the water and space will speak for itself. She delivered just that.

(photos by Joe Laurin)

Sent on 10/13/2019

Hi Karen!

Thank you for this wonderful and sweetest review. Our team loved being able to share this special day with you and your family. We are thrilled that we are able to help your dream wedding come true.

Warmly, Sayles and the team.
  • Maura

Maura Hogan · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely wonderful experience!

Sayles and team were absolutely wonderful to work with - from start to finish. They were incredibly professional, responsive and talented, and their attention to detail was second to none. I had a specific vision in mind, and they exceeded my expectations in every way bringing that vision to life. I'm so grateful for their assistance in making our day so beautiful!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Hi Maura,

Thank you SO much for leaving us a great review! We absolutely loved bringing your vision to life- I'm so so happy you loved the final result! Congratulations again!

• Liza

Liza Patchen · Married on 07/21/2019

Stunning wedding floral arrangements

Sayles and her team listened to my ideas and really captured my vision beautifully. They are easy to work with, flexible, and helpful with making choices. My wedding florals were gorgeous.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

We are thrilled to hear about your perfect day. Our team loved being able to share it with you and that your wedding florals were gorgeous. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. Warmly Sayles and the team

Hannah Curtis · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible florist!!!!!!!!!! 10/10

• Sayles Livingston is the BEST!! Not knowing a lot about flowers or florists, we reached out to a couple different vendors in the area. After a conversation with Kara I know that Sayles was the right florist for me and it could not have been truer after seeing everything come to light on our wedding day. Throughout the entire process, Kara organized, thoughtful and informative! From what was some pins on my Pinterest vision board, came a BEAUTIFULLY orchestrated wedding. Sayles did our bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces and some ceremony/chair décor and I could not have been more happy with how they turned out. Having a budget in mind, while not being extremely knowledgeable about floral design, Sayles and Cara were able to provide recommendations and suggestions for making the most of out the day! Additionally, there is no request or inquiry too big or too small. Being from Alaska and having a wedding in Massachusetts, I wanted to somewhere incorporate the Alaska state flower… on my wedding day I was surprised with Forget-Me-Knots woven into my bridal bouquet. I was completely blown away with the customer service and just professional of Sayles. Could not recommend them more!!!!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Hi Hannah,

Thank you so much for this great review! We're so happy you loved the forget-me-nots!! Hope married life is treating you well!

Ariel Johnson · Married on 06/30/2019

Beyond expectations

Sayles and her team are incredible. Hands down. They exceeded my wildest dreams of my wedding flower vision. I was definitely inconsistent, and indecisive for a lot of it, but nonetheless they worked with me very closely and made sure I was happy with every single detail. The flowers took my breath away!!!!!!!! Not to mention, her team braved a 60 mph hurricane to keep my Chuppah standing, 35 minutes before my ceremony started!!! They truly were amazing to work with and super responsive. I am so grateful I hired them and cannot emphasize enough they truly are the best team. AND reasonable!! which is hard to come by with wedding vendors.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Hi Ariel,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely review! I'm so so pleased we were able to exceed your vision- THANK YOU for hiring us to be a part of your big day!

Summer · Married on 06/29/2019

Sayles and her team are truly fantastic!!!

Sayles and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with! We hired them for our wedding at OceanCliff in June 2019. From the initial phone call where we discussed our vision, Sayles and her team put together a detailed proposal that included everything we discussed in detail with a breakdown of all costs associated. They were incredibly easy to work with and created a Pinterest board where they added inspiration pics and we could add them as well. From there, we were able to have a meeting to really pinpoint the exact details we wanted. All I can say is on the day of the wedding - we were blown away by the absolutely beautiful flowers and details Sayles and her team created for us. From the bouquets to the ceremony aisle flowers and reception centerpieces - it was an absolute dream!!! Everything was exactly as I visioned but even more! Sayles is the absolute sweetest and listens and provides amazing support and advice based on what you are looking for. She did an incredible job and we could not be happier! I still have people mention to me how beautiful the flowers looked. THANK YOU Sayles!!!
    xx Summer

Sent on 08/26/2019

Hi Summer,

Thank you so much for your kind words! These pictures are AMAZING!! Hope married life is treating you well!

• Lindsay

Lindsay Cohen Keaney · Married on 06/28/2019

Floral Fairytale

Having an amazing florist was something that was really important to us. We spoke to a few different ones prior to book with Sayles but after my initial call with Cara I knew I wanted to book with them immediately. Cara was so organized and understood my vision perfectly
    even though I couldn't tell you the difference between any types of flowers. We had our own personalized pintrest board with them and I always adding inspi to it and so were they. We met in tiverton at their shop twice once meeting with just cara because Sayles was away and Cara was on top of everything! The meetings were always so productive and they would offer expertise advice on different things and what would look best. I could cry thinking back to when a I first saw our venue the day of... it was absolutely beautiful and jaw dropping. The chuppa we designed with them exceeded our expectations x a billion. The Bohlin in Newport RI was our venue, which is already beautiful to begin with, but they took it to another level and it was truly a floral venue. Sayles and her venue know what they are doing and our experts in executing the perfect day. We never had one blip or issue with them they handled everything and got it done. We had a brunch the next day at the Newport Marriott and they provided us with the option to take care of bringing the flowers there for the next day. We are so happy we had this option, because that was the last thing we were thinking about doing the night of our wedding! We loved working with Sayles so much and would recommend them 100x over!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a wonderful review! And thanks for sharing these pictures- you look SO beautiful!! We're so so pleased you loved your flowers! It was a pleasure working with you!

Gayle Rosen · Married on 06/23/2019

Incredibly Talented Florist

Working with Sayles and her team was an amazing experience! I organized my wedding from Ohio and did not have a wedding planner. Sayles helped me bring my vision to life on our wedding day and was an absolute pleasure to work with. Sayles and her team were always prompt to respond, quick to give design suggestions, and also competitive in pricing. They did such a beautiful job that everyone still can't stop talking about the flowers, almost a month later! If you are considering getting married in or around Newport, RI she is definitely the person to work with. I only wish I had another party to plan with her!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Hi Gayle,

Thank you so much for this review! We absolutely loved bringing your vision to life! The pictures... WOW!! We'd absolutely love to work with you for any future parties ;)

• Laura

Laura · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely stunning

Everything from the centerpieces, to the chuppah, to the bouquets were utterly amazing! The colors were exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • lauren

lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

Blown away by Sayles!

We interviewed 3 local florists in the Newport area, all of which were recommended to us by Castle Hill Inn. Sayles was a clear front runner who treated our money as if it were her own and came up with creative ways to reuse florals throughout the night (like the ceremony chair flowers moved to the dessert table, the bridesmaids flowers decorated the cigar bar etc.)

She also painstakingly converted silver sailboats into gold for our place cards.

The flowers were out of the park beautiful and she was a delight to work with. I cannot wait to watch her career take off and say I knew her when.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Hi Lauren,

Apologies for the delayed response, but thank you so so much for leaving us this lovely review! You looked absolutely stunning (I love your dress!) Thank you for hiring us to be part of your big day.

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2018

True experts at their craft!

When it came to floral at our wedding, I had my color scheme planned and a budget in mind. On our initial consultation call, that’s really all I could offer her as I know absolutely nothing about flowers – I don’t have a favorite flower, I don’t know what flowers are in season and when, etc. After one call, I received a proposal and Pinterest board she had made for some inspiration! She absolutely NAILED IT. I knew from that moment on that I could cross any and all floral decisions off my list because I was in good hands. On the day of my wedding, I was completely blown away by their work. My venue was naturally stunning so I kept floral pretty simple, and it still made a huge difference. I still have guests talking about my wedding party’s bouquets and how dahlias will forever remind them of my wedding day. (I unknowingly learned a new flower in the process!) Sayles and her team are truly floral artists. They are one of the best decisions we made on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review Jennifer! It is wonderful to hear we were so helpful throughout your planning process. It's always so nice to know when our floral arrangements stand out at such a naturally beautiful venue like Blithewold!

Julia Driscoll · Married on 08/18/2018

Beyond anything I could have imagined!

Sayles and her team were simply amazing. There is not enough words or space to describe how beautiful her work is. She completely understood my vision and went above and beyond to totally transform our space. Her canopy installation was beyond anything I could imagine and her bouquets, table flowers and church flowers were stunning. I received compliments all night for her stunning displays and I could not recommend her more. Perfection!!!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Hi Julia! Thank you!!! It was truly our pleasure to work with you and your amazing family! Congratulations!!! Sayles

Joann · Married on 07/29/2018

We had a great experience working with Sayles Livingston. After our first meeting, Sayles and Cara created a Pinterest board that we could both add photos to. This helped to convey our vision and allowed us to see their ideas. When we walked into the tent on the day of the wedding, we were overcome by how beautiful everything looked. The bouquets, the arrangements and all of the decor were absolutely stunning. They had gotten the special dahlias we had requested and there was such a variety of flowers in all of the decor. Sayles created a trellis over the head table which we loved and so many of our guests commented on. One of the best things about Sayles and her team is how easy they are to work with. She was fine with additions and changes and even was able to tweak one of the details on our wedding day to make sure everything looked the way we wanted it to. We can't say enough about Sayles. We're so glad we found her!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you SO much for the review Joann! We had a wonderful time bringing your overall vision to life, and working on that trellis over the head table! We are so happy to hear everything stood out against the Castle Hill tent!
  • F

Faith · Married on 07/28/2018

Choosing Sayles and her team for our wedding was literally one of the best decisions we made. They were so committed to working with us to create the design and aesthetic we were hoping for, even when we couldn't quite put it into words. Sayles and her team are so much more than just florists, they are creative visionaries and exceeded ALL of our expectations. When we saw everything come together on our wedding day, we were blown away and so were our guests. We were also very appreciative of how responsive, easy-going and professional the whole team was throughout the planning process. If you're looking for a florist and team in Rhode Island or anywhere in New England, Sayles Livingston Design is definitely the one to go for.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Faith! We are so grateful that you chose us to bring your vision to life and transform The Chanler for the day! We had so much fun bringing each and every detail together.

Kimberly · Married on 07/22/2018

I am so happy I went with Sayles for my wedding at Mount Hope. I worked closely with Cara. She was so amazing. She always got back to me very quickly. She knew exactly what I wanted and I liked how she repurposed things within my wedding. For example, the lantern used for my ceremony was then used in the cabin. Everything looked amazing. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Kimberly, thank you so much for the lovely review! We are SO grateful that you chose us to work with you on your special day at Mount Hope Farm.

Cathy · Married on 07/22/2018

I knew when we visited Cara for a consultation and viewed Sayles' beautiful work that she was our florist! Flowers and related items to add ambiance for our nautical wedding exceeded all expectations. We went quite a bit out of budget for the flowers but they added so much to the event that it was well worth it. Sayles is a true artist!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Sayles Livingston Design's reply:

Cathy, thank you for the amazing review! It is always our goal to exceed expectations and we are SO happy to hear that you were pleased with your decision to include more than you initially planned!