Say "I Do" Your Way Reviews

Say "I Do" Your Way 2
Say "I Do" Your Way 3
Say "I Do" Your Way 4
Say "I Do" Your Way 5

We are so happy that we chose Bill to be part of our day! Everyone at our wedding commented that the ceremony was so great. I couldn't have asked for a better officiant!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Ashley · Married on 04/12/2014

Joyce and Bill were wonderful to work with! They were professional, yet very personal. They spent the time to get to know us, which made our ceremony truly unique.

Several of our guests later told us that our ceremony was their favorite.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Keely · Married on 03/29/2014

We met with several other officiants before Joyce, but once we met her we knew we wanted her to be the one to marry us. She was genuinely interested in getting to know us and learning about our story. Throughout the entire process she was very responsive to our questions and e-mails and provided suggestions when we needed them. The ceremony was personalized towards us and was better than we could have ever imagined. We had so many guests saying the loved our ceremony especially how she included our our story into it.

Sent on 04/13/2014

Meaghan · Married on 03/28/2014

Say I do your way was amazing. Bill was very helpful in planning our ceremony. He was very organized and helped us every step of the way. Everyone at our wedding loved the ceremony and so did we!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Bill · Married on 02/15/2014

We could not be happier with the way Bill handled everything, from the first meeting to the followup after the wedding. Totally professional.
    From our first meeting we knew that he would be able to help us tailor a service that was perfect for just us. He was sensitive to a couple of awkward family issues and walked that tightrope perfectly.
    If I could give him a 6 I would

Sent on 02/19/2014

Recommended by a friend of ours, Bill proved to be absolutely perfect. Just as his website explained, he worked closely with us to plan a wedding ceremony that suited our tastes, feelings and guests. He provided very helpful materials and options for us to consider; listened to our preferences and feedback, and provide excellent guidance. He took our personal inputs and led a ceremony in a way that sounded like he knew us well. As a result, we felt great about our wedding and a few of our guests commented afterwards that it was a ceremony they "never would forget" because of its personal nature, humor and setting. Bill's wife is great too. She accompanied Bill to the ceremony and jumped in to help with a few details.

Sent on 03/02/2014

robin · Married on 01/19/2014

Bill is a wonderful officiant. Planning a long distance wedding is difficult, but Bill was willing to meet my fiance and I over Skype and do almost all of the ceremony planning via email. He was able to take what my fiance and I told him about one another and weave together a beautiful story for our ceremony, even incorporating our Downton Abbey theme.

Many of our guests commented that it was one of the best ceremonies that they had been apart of, and we agree.

Sent on 02/18/2014

Bill was great to work with! He made our wedding day even more special!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Michelle · Married on 12/03/2013

We travelled from the UK to make a Recommitment of our marriage of 25 years. We had been in contact with a few different places but knew straight away that we wanted Bill to carry out the recommitment.
    We emailed back and forth and skyped, Bill came into DC to meet us when we arrived in the US to chat and finalise arrangements. Nothing was too much for him and he made the ceremony much more about 'us' than our wedding 25 years previous.
    We made the Recommitment 25 years to the time and date of our wedding.
    Thank you for making it such a special day nothing could have been more perfect.

Sent on 12/06/2013

We love the ceremony that Bill performed to marry us. He made it very personalized and worked with us each step of the way to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. He gave us many different options to think over for the different parts of the ceremony and was open to all suggestions that we had. His delivery was sincere and we thought perfect. All our family and friends agree.

Sent on 12/08/2013

kirsten · Married on 11/16/2013

Bill was the Officiant for our ceremony and we could not have been more pleased. He was responsive and easy to work with throughout the entire process and was able to offer as much guidance as needed in planning our ceremony. Bill works with you to customize the ceremony to exactly what you want. He offers plenty of options if you need suggestions but will also do whatever you want if you have a clear vision. He is flexible, accommodating and has very pleasant and personable demeanor. The ceremony itself was exactly what we wanted. Bill was charismatic, spoke well, and put us both at ease. We received a lot of compliments from our guests on the overall ceremony and how great the Officiant was. We HIGHLY recommend him!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Joyce Cochran did an excellent job preparing for and officiating our wedding ceremony! It was a pleasure to work with her (and also partake in the pre-marriage counseling with Joyce and her husband, Bill). Joyce was happily willing to customize every aspect of our somewhat non-traditional ceremony. Our friends and family loved how personalized it felt -- they loved every minute of it and so did we!

Sent on 01/28/2014

Rachel · Married on 10/26/2013

Rev. Cochran made our ceremony the most person, entertaining ceremony I have ever been to. I know I am biased, since it was my wedding, but my husband and I received so many compliments on how personal and touching our ceremony was, and how it was the most unique wedding they had ever been to. Many guests assumed that my husband and I had known Rev. Cochran for years, as his reading about us was so personal. He did a fantastic job meeting our unusual, multi-religious family needs, and helping my husband and I to tell our love story.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Christine · Married on 10/19/2013

Bill was our officiant for our wedding ceremony. He was phenominal! So many people who attended our wedding said our ceremony was the best ceremony they had ever seen. Bill was funny, personable and insightful. He put my husband and I at ease during a very emotional time; he had us and our guests laughing and crying. Bill was a true professional. I would highly recommend Bill and Say I Do Your Way.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Christina · Married on 10/13/2013

There is not enough wonderful things that I can say about Bill!! From the moment we first spoke on the phone he was professional, knowledgeable and super helpful. I didn't feel any pressure to choose him and he was very easy to speak with and get an idea of this whole officiant process. After our initial phone conversation I had a great feeling about him but wanted him to meet my fiance in person. Our first meeting was wonderful and the conversation flowed. I knew I wanted him to be our officiant. Through the whole wedding time he continually checked up on us and answered allllll my emails very quickly and with must insight. He found us clever ways to involve our children into the ceremony and really tailored the whole ceremony to what we wanted. Everyone at the wedding was in tears and really loved everything Bill had to say. They loved how he spoke about my husband and I's history with a perfect sense of love and humor. I honestly could have not asked for a more perfect officiant on the day of and he was more than prepared for everything. Thanks again Bill....You are the BEST!!

Sent on 12/02/2013

Anne · Married on 10/12/2013

I would highly recommend Bill Cochran for your wedding ceremony!

First of all, Bill is just a really great, down to earth kind of guy and a wonderful person to work with. He was flexible, always responded to emails and even met us all the way down in DC to discuss wedding details! My husband and I were interested in a non-denominational wedding and Bill was more than happy to create a ceremony that was unique to us. He learned a lot about us as a couple and he made that the main focus of what he said. It really felt like it was OUR wedding. We had several people come up to us after and say that it was the best ceremony they have ever been to!
    If you are looking for an excellent officiant, Bill Cochran is your guy!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Judy · Married on 10/05/2013

We found Bill through the Hay Adams Hotel. He was one of 2 officiants they recommended. He answered the phone immediately and from then on he took care of everything. This was a same sex wedding ceremony. Bill sent several options for the service which were helpful. He was easy to work with and made us and our guests feel comfortable. He did a very professional job and even filed our marriage application and picked it up for us, so all we had to do was show up. Super nice guy.

Sent on 11/02/2013

Eric · Married on 10/04/2013

My wife and I had been to a wedding prior to ours and noticed that the officiant was a little on the unprofessional side. Not very attentive, not very creative. Almost made the ceremony 'bland' and 'cookie cutter' like. So naturally we were afraid to have that happen to us. We were recommended to use Say I Do You Way and we could not have been happier with our ceremony! Bill's presence, professionalism, and creativity was top notch. He was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. He guided us with our vows, our ceremony layout, and our little special touches. His 'story' that he created about us from our answers to his questionnaire was adorable! Bottom line...Bill was able to make our day truly feel like it was OUR day.

Say "I Do" You Way...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. 6 out of 5 stars!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/28/2013

We had the pleasure of having Joyce officiate our wedding and I could have not been more satisfied and happy with how everything turned out. Joyce actually listened to what we had to say, was incredibly helpful throughout the planning process and had amazing words of encouragement throughout everything. Simply put - she was amazing and it showed the day of. Every little question she asked, she somehow putting it into our ceremony. We wanted something simple, lighthearted and enjoyable - she delivered and honestly exceeded all expectations. Tears were shed, laughter was heard and it was the most personal ceremony I've ever experienced. I would recommend Joyce in a heartbeat! I cannot wait to see the wedding video to relive the ceremony, it was honestly one of my favorite moments. Thank you Joyce for everything!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2013

Rev. Bill was amazing. Our guests were so impressed with how personal and entertaining he was. He really took the time to get to know our story and honored both our feelings regarding traditions and faith. He made excellent suggestions and we were incredibly pleased.

Sent on 12/01/2013

Melinda · Married on 09/21/2013

Joyce was the officiant at our wedding in September. She was amazing! We had originally wanted a friend to marry us but were disappointed when we learned Virginia is very strict as to who can officiate a wedding in their state. However, after having worked with Joyce, I feel like a friend did marry us.

I met her at the Washington, D.C. Bridal Expo and my husband (then fiancée), Joel and I met with her a couple of weeks later. We immediately knew she was the person we wanted officiating our ceremony. She is warm, friendly, and extremely prepared. She has mountains of resources to make your ceremony special and she worked with us to make our ceremony unique and 100% us!

We are so impressed and appreciative of Joyce's hard work and professionalism. She was just as invested in making our ceremony memorable and heartfelt as we were.

I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Trish · Married on 09/07/2013

We found Say "I Do" Your Way through Wedding Wire -- and we couldn't have been happier to have Joyce Cochran serve as our officiant. From our first meeting, she impressed us with her warmth and kindness. By the time of our ceremony just a few short months later, she felt like an old friend! She was efficient and prompt in returning calls and/or emails-- and very patient with our questions. She was also open and encouraging of our own ideas and feedback. I knew we were in good hands, and was proven right at the wedding-- when she performed the service with the perfect combination of warmth, authority... and humor! Many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed it -- especially her flair in the telling of our personal story. We wholeheartedly recommend Joyce to anyone looking for a kind, competent, caring officiant!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Annie · Married on 09/07/2013

Rev. Cochran was exactly what we were looking for!! He customized our ceremony to make it personal, funny, and warm! He took everything we said into account and helped us planned our ceremony to perfection! We were extremely pleased and recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Joyce was the perfect officiant for us. From the beginning her genuineness was very comforting. Joyce was excited for us, helped answer all our questions, was very organized, and kept things moving along at a stress-free pace. The rehearsal and ceremony was all on time and very well organized. She kept everyone in the know and kept instructions simple. The ceremony went off without a hitch and we have her to thank for that. I'd highly recommend talking to Bill and Joyce as a possible officiant for your wedding if you are looking.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Raymond · Married on 08/31/2013

Bill was everything we wanted in a wedding officiant, and our wedding ceremony turn out exactly the way we wanted it. Just a month before the wedding, I realized how behind I was and made some phone calls and sent some emails, and luckily/surprisingly Bill was still available on my wedding day. I immediately knew he was the one during our first meeting. Bill was very personable, enthusiastic, professional, and helpful during the planning process. He was like a good friend who was readily available to help every step of the way, and made our wedding planning a fun process! Bill assigned us to each write our story so that he could combine it into one and tell it at the ceremony. I don’t like surprises and I was even worried that he might ruin our story, so I told Bill to send me the story the night before the wedding. He emailed it to me promptly but suggested me not to read it and ruin the surprise. I listened and boy was he right! I loved every bit of it and was so glad that I didn’t ruin it for myself. He made our story interesting and funny and had the whole audience laughing the whole time. Before Bill told our story, I thought our story was very boring and typical and nothing worth telling. We also picked our own readings, picked our own ritual, and under his encouragement we even wrote our own vows. Bill truly made our ceremony one of a kind. He was one of the few wedding vendors that I was completely satisfied with (and I am no bridezilla). To some people, his fee may seem a bit higher than others but trust me, he is worth it, if not more! We met with him twice, an hour each, and he even came to our rehearsal the night before the wedding to make sure everyone knew exactly what to do. We’ve received so many compliments on our ceremony. Words cannot describe how much we appreciate Bill and we only hope others will use him and his wonderful business continues to thrive. Bill is very passionate about what he does, and that's why he is so good at it!

Sent on 11/26/2013