Say "I Do" Your Way Reviews

Say "I Do" Your Way 2
Say "I Do" Your Way 3
Say "I Do" Your Way 4
Say "I Do" Your Way 5

Bill Cochran was our officiant and did such a fantastic job. We found him to be very warm and friendly, which put us at ease while we planned our ceremony. By the time of the actual wedding, it felt like an old friend was performing the service. The service he created for us was personal, touching, and just the right amount of light-hearted.
    We also did pre-marital counseling with Bill in advance of the wedding which we found to be very helpful. We use the strategies we learned in these sessions frequently in our daily lives. Bill is a great choice for a wedding officiant!!

Sent on 12/13/2014

Joanna · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Bill and it was an absolutely great experience!! Our journey started out when we could not get into the church of our choice in Washington DC, so we needed to find an officiant to marry us in the museum in which our reception was being held. We hired Bill blindly as a recommendation from our wedding planner, but very quickly fell in love with him. By the time our first meeting was over, we felt as though we knew Bill for years and were 100% confident he would officiate the most perfect ceremony...as he did! Bill chatted with us through out our engagement and make an appoint to get to know us as best he could in 10 months. Our wedding ceremony was so beautiful, personal and special. SO many wedding guests have called us since telling us how much they enjoyed it and how likeable Bill was. He takes the time to understand who you are as a couple and tailors your ceremony exactly how you would want it. 5 stars for Bill!! Anyone who is looking for an officiant is safe with him :) Wish we could do it all over again!

Best,

Joanna and Deuce

Sent on 10/22/2014

Shannon · Married on 10/04/2014

As my fiancé, now husband, and I talked about our wedding on our way to Hawaii, we kept finding ourselves saying how amazing the ceremony was. During the wedding planning process we found ourselves late on picking our officiant. This is a pivotal part to any wedding. We had been to friends weddings, and lets just say the "feel" of the ceremony is greatly affected by the officiant.

We were recommended Say "I do" your way, by our wedding coordinator, and was in touch first with Bill. Bill was already booked for another wedding, but his wife Joyce was available for our day. We set a meeting with Joyce, and in a matter of minutes Michael and I both knew we had found our perfect match. Joyce is an absolute joy. She takes her time in truly getting to know you and in turn helps prepare the perfect ceremony for the couple.

It wasn't until we found ourselves standing at the alter, did we realize how genuine the ceremony was going to be. Our guests could not stop commenting on the ceremony, how it was the best mix of sincerity, spirituality, love, and humor. With 150 guests, it still felt so very intimate, and from the bottom of our hearts, we cannot thank Joyce enough for a flawless ceremony, a gift we will always cherish.

You can be certain we will sing Joyce's praises to any friend, or family member that is in need of an officiant!!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Stefanie · Married on 09/27/2014

Rev Bill is just what we were looking for in an officiant. We know that people have different ideas of what a ceremony should be like. My husband and I really wanted a ceremony that would capture us as a couple and emphasize our love for each other. Rev Bill really worked with us to make sure that was exactly what we got. Our ceremony, by far, was my favorite thing about our wedding. I have had more compliments and have been told that is was one of the most touching, loving and emotional ceremonies our guest have ever experienced. The reception was great, but the ceremony is what the wedding is really all about. Rev Bill did everything in his power to make out perfect and it was just that, PERFECT!

Sent on 01/29/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/20/2014

Thanks to Bill and Say I Do Your Way, our wedding ceremony was beautiful, personal, unique, and heartfelt--everything we could have hoped for! We are so thankful that we found Bill to officiate our wedding. Because my husband and I come from different faiths, we wanted a non-denominational officiant that would work with us to craft a personal ceremony that reflected both of our families' traditions and our individual touches. From our very first meeting, Bill helped us create our own personalized ceremony that incorporated our heritage and reflected who we are as individuals and as a couple. Based on his 30 years of experience, Bill provided great advice and insight into the various elements and style of the ceremony, helping us achieve the tone and length we had in mind. A few weeks before the wedding, Bill helped us pick our readings and worked with us to incorporate several special and unique elements into our ceremony, including having our fathers each read a short blessing and having Bill tell the story of my engagement ring, which is a family heirloom. Bill also provided us with guidance on how to craft our own vows, which ended up being my favorite part of our ceremony. Finally, Bill also asked us to fill out a questionnaire before the wedding, from which he developed his homily about our story, how we met, and our vision for our marriage. Every aspect of our ceremony was personalized and custom-made for us! After the ceremony, I had several friends and family members compliment us on the ceremony and ask how long we'd known Bill, because his words had made it seem like he'd known us for years. We are truly grateful for the beautiful ceremony Bill created for us, and we are so glad to have been able to work with him! I would absolutely recommend Bill and Say I Do Your Way to anyone looking for a unique, special, and highly personal wedding ceremony.

Sent on 10/13/2014

The service was perfect especially since we only met on Skype before the wedding. We got tons of comments about how personal the actual ceremony was.

The lead up was also great and she was very accommodating. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Derek · Married on 09/13/2014

Prior to Joyce becoming the officiant for our wedding, we might have preferred her husband Bill based solely on the reviews. Due to time constraints, Bill was unavailable, and we happily had Joyce. As the groom I felt like Joyce maybe would have been the better choice for ours, but that is just our personal preference.

We met both Joyce and Bill on multiple occasions and they were always prepared and welcoming. When we started meeting solely with Joyce, she was always very receiving and accommodating as the officiant at our wedding. Understanding their pastoral backgrounds, she made it no issue at all to accommodate our civil, non-religious wedding. I also preferred to word the ceremony in a manner that best reflected my and my wife's relationship. Joyce provided very helpful templates to each of the pieces of the event, gave advice and was responsive in our e-mail correspondence.

Joyce had my wife and I submit a 5 question summary of our relationship which she reiterated into our ceremony "story". I felt that she did a really good job putting both of our stories together into a nice chronological timeline that kept with the tones and themes of our wedding. She also had both of us send her our vows which she compared and critiqued. As someone who has a lot of anxiety speaking in front of people, she helped to make the ceremony less scary. I felt very comfortable knowing that the wedding was in good hands and my wife and I would definitely recommend her to all wedding types in the future!

Sent on 10/20/2014

We found Joyce through a friend and were very happy working with her. She is super sweet, professional, and quick to respond to questions/ideas. She is easy to work with and offers many planning files (blessings, readings, etc) to choose from. My husband and I don't live in MD, but we found it very easy to communicate with her via email and phone.

Sent on 09/18/2014

Karen · Married on 08/03/2014

Bill is awesome! He married my sister 7 years ago as well. He had wonderful ideas, and the ceremony was exactly what my husband and I had envisioned. He really personalizes the ceremony which is really nice. He really wants the wedding to be whatever the bride and groom want. Bill responds back to emails in a very timely manner. He is very helpful as well! I would highly recommend Bill.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Nicole · Married on 07/18/2014

An easy five stars. Bill was easy to work with, responsive to emails, flexible, & affordable. My husband & I received numerous compliments about the ceremony & Bill. The guest loved how it was short, sweet, & personal, which is just what my husband & I wanted.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Dana · Married on 07/12/2014

Rev Bill helped us put together such a meaningful ceremony. We loved all of the suggestions that Bill had available to pick from for the ceremony. Our guests have mentioned how they have not been to a more personalized and special ceremony like this before.

We walked away with many wonderful memories from our Wedding Day, but the most important part of that day is the ceremony, and it couldn't have been more special!

Thank you Rev Bill from the bottom of our hearts! We're off to a great start!

Dana & Chris Remsburg

Sent on 08/04/2014

Bill was very helpful in guiding us through planning our ceremony. He provided us with plenty of options to personalize our ceremony and it was a pleasure to work with him.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Christine · Married on 07/05/2014

Rev. Bill married my fiancé and I at the DC War Memorial in Washington, DC. We wanted something intimate and personal, and light on the religious traditions, since neither of us are very religious. Rev. Bill took the time to understand what specific we wanted, gave us a ton of options for readings, prayers, etc., and was extremely flexible when we had ideas of our own. We also really appreciated the fact that he truly got to know us in the time leading up to our wedding, so that he could integrate these stories into the ceremony itself. The ceremony Bill officiated was fantastic. He was eloquent, and really made it feel like he'd known us for a long time. The ceremony felt personal and relaxed. Just as we wanted! Rev. Bill was fantastic, and we would definitely recommend him to any bride and grooms in the DC area.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Annalisa · Married on 06/28/2014

From the very first meeting with Reverend Bill, my husband and I loved him. He was so friendly and warm that we truly felt at ease with him. Something that was really important to us for our wedding was that everything truly feel like us and so the ceremony was something we were a bit concerned about, not being very religious people. Reverend Bill was so wonderful in understanding our wishes and really exceeded our expectations in providing a ceremony that was filled with love and blessings without being religious. He did an amazing job at telling our story during the ceremony. Many guests have told us they really enjoyed the ceremony which makes us so happy. We loved working with and having Reverend Bill marry us!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Lynn · Married on 06/28/2014

Joyce was simply wonderful! She helped us put together a really personalized ceremony that everybody loved. It was fun to hear her weave our stories together into a narrative and use our own words to tell our family and friends how we met and fell in love. She was very helpful with her suggestions, in answering our questions, and making the ceremony all about us. Thank you Joyce!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Donna · Married on 06/21/2014

Originally we met with Joyce and loved her ideas for our ceremony, and a special German wedding ritual to surprise our guests! Joyce had a family emergency and Bill stepped in and was fantastic!!! We laughed, we cried, guests clapped and everyone came away commenting on how wonderful, personal, relaxed and intimate Bill made our wedding. Bill truly exceeded my expectations of what a ceremony could be and I now have so many special moments and memories of our union!!! Bill and Joyce, thank you! I love your questionnaire and I love how you incorporate so many personal details into your ceremony!!!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Shane · Married on 06/20/2014

Bill Cochran was our officiant for our wedding at Herrington Harbour in North Beach, Maryland. Bill was very accommodating with all of our ceremony requests and did a great job incorporating our stories into the ceremony the day of the wedding. Our wedding was outside on the Chesapeake Bay and Bill really made it the perfect day. I would recommend Bill Cochran and Say "I Do" Your Way for anyone that is looking for the perfect ceremony that way you would want it.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Mr. Cochran provided us with a once in a lifetime experience for the most important day of our lives. He was incredibly responsive, flexible, and creative. We would not have rather had anyone else! I We would highly recommend him as his services were fantastic.

Sent on 08/10/2014

San · Married on 05/25/2014

Bill was our officiant for our wedding which took place this past Memorial Day weekend. The ceremony was beautiful, peppered with just the right amount of tasteful humor and lightheartedness I was hoping for. Bill was very informative and responsive with prompt email correspondence. We also met in person twice where he went over the process of outlining the ceremony, of which, until I met Bill, was clueless of where to even begin. His thoughtfully assembled folder of guidelines and samples helped us tremendously and made the entire process very easy to understand. We recommend Bill highly if you are looking for an officiant for your special day. He is a true professional.

Sent on 06/21/2014

Jackie · Married on 05/24/2014

Joyce did a great job officiating our wedding. She made our ceremony unique by telling "our story." It added a great personal touch. She guided us through the process of creating a ceremony that was right for us.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Bill was a wonderful officiant for us. We had a very personal ceremony that he helped us to create. We came from two different cultural backgrounds and ended up with a ceremony that all sides were very happy with. At the rehearsal, Bill did a great job preparing everyone. He met with us multiple times before the ceremony to plan and to hear our stories that he used to create his speech. He gave us a great structure to work with and gave great advice about what works well in ceremonies. Many of our guests complimented us on Bill's ceremony. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Leah · Married on 05/09/2014

Bill performed such a wonderful job with our ceremony. We were overwhelmed by the warmth and personal nature of our ceremony. I couldn't have asked for a better service.

Sent on 05/15/2014

Nichole · Married on 05/03/2014

Rev. Joyce was absolutely wonderful. From the first day Devron and I met with her she was God sent. She was very professional, organized and personable. Our wedding will always be remembered with our own personal touches. Thank you Rev. Joyce Cochran. With love, Nichole and Devron.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Summer · Married on 04/26/2014

My (now) husband and I immensely enjoyed having Rev. Bill marry us this past April. Rev. Bill was accommodating, understanding, and very helpful in guiding us through the process especially given the fact that we lived in California but were getting married in Virginia. From our first meeting with him over Skype to many more follow up emails and conversations, he made the process enjoyable, easy and fun! He even took the time two days prior to our wedding to meet with us in person at a local coffee shop to go over every detail of our ceremony as we had planned it. Our ceremony itself went perfectly. He really knows his stuff! He made it very personal and included traditions from both of our families to make it even more special. Everyone kept coming up to us after the ceremony to tell us how much they liked Rev. Bill! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding officiant. He is the BEST!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Say "I Do" Your Way's reply:

Summer and Jordan had a very memorable wedding! The guests sat on barges in the Potomac, while the bridal party stood on the pier out in front of her parents house. No one fell in!

They provided me with such great information which gave me plenty to work with in crafting a ceremony that was uniquely theirs.

My husband and I wanted a very small non-denominational wedding. We decided to have our wedding on a boat with only our immediate family present.
    When we met Reverand Bill, we decided immediately that he was the right officiant for us. He listened to our stories and assured us that he would help us create the ceremony that was just right for us - and that he did.
    We were very happy with our beautiful day and thank Reverand Bill for the beautiful ceremony and want to thank him for helping to make our wedding day forever memorable!

Susan and Doug