Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Courtenay
    Courtenay L. Getting married on 06/10/2022

Very professional and extremely personal officiant

Betsy was recommended to me from a wedding coordinator in the area who helps facilitate multiple weddings weekly and has seen many officiants. Betsy was a true professional from the moment we hired her and was very accommodating to our requests. She provided a well written, well organized ceremony draft and allowed us to alter it as we requested, in order to truly personalize it. Her delivery during the ceremony was very professional, yet warm and enduring at the same time. She helped give the ceremony structure but allowed us to be ourselves and "went with the flow" that we created as a couple. She was a perfect choice for us and I highly recommend Betsy for any couple interested in a professional, personal and affordable officiant. Thanks Betsy for helping to make our wedding day even more special.

Sincerely,
    Courtenay & Mark

Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your very kind words, Courtenay! It was a joy to meet you and Mark and to work so intimately with you on the ceremony!
    Congratulations and so much love to you and Mark!
  • Emily
    Emily S. Married on 10/01/2021

Wonderful Woman & Beautiful Ceremony

Betsy was awesome! She has a very thorough questionnaire to help her understand you and your soon-to-be spouse's relationship that helps her create part of the ceremony, and then uses the chances she has to meet with you along with what's in her heart to write the rest. She was absolutely phenomenal and we couldn't have added anything to her script to make it better! (We learned her husband is also a piano player, which could be another beautiful addition to your future ceremony if you check his schedule enough ahead of time!)

Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings's reply:

Thank you, sweet Emily! I am so happy for you and TJ! Bill and I wish you so much happiness in your married life together! Do stay in touch!
  • Kaylee
    Kaylee N. Married on 09/25/2021

Betsy is amazing!

Betsy was so sweet from the moment we started working with her. She wrote up a beautiful ceremony for us and it was even more beautiful on our wedding day. All of our friends and family gave us so many compliments about her job at our ceremony! She does an amazing job!

Dear Kaylee,
    Thank you for your kind words! I shall always remember your beautiful wedding at Agapae Oaks. A perfect day!!
    Congratulations, Kaylee and Michael!
    Mickenzie V. Married on 08/28/2021

Fantastic!

Besty and her husband bill were phenomenal! We had an intimate ceremony (50 people) and Besty made our experience so easy! She was incredibly responsive and willing to make any adjustments we had. She brought up things my husband and I hadn’t even thought of. She’s a genuine spirit and I couldn’t be happier she was the person to marry us!

Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Mickenzie! It is truly you, Anthony and Zoey that are the genuine spirits! What a beautiful family you make. I am so happy to have been part of your beautiful wedding! Congratulations!
  • Elise
    Elise L. Married on 08/15/2021

Josh & Elise Sonesta Wedding 8/15/2021 Remarkable, sentimental wedding ceremony by Betsy Peterson

Betsy was a pleasure to work with from the start. Her kindness, responsiveness and skill in this work is remarkable. Josh and I felt like we had known Betsy our whole lives with how she made us feel. She eased our worries and anxiousness regarding our big day. She walked us through each step. From just filling out a simple questionnaire, Betsy wrote a truly beautiful ceremony for us that brought us to tears. I am so happy we chose Betsy to be our officiant for our HHI wedding; she truly made it perfect. She was with us every step of the way and helped us with many aspects of our wedding. I am very thankful for Betsy and so happy she was a part of our wedding day!!

Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings's reply:

Thank you, kindly, Elise and Josh! And thank you for the sweet memories of your beautiful wedding. Wishing you so much happiness!!
    Love,
    Tonya S. Married on 08/03/2021

Wedding Vow Renewal

Betsy was absolutely amazing to work with! Her personal touch, and genuine care, made our special day perfect in every way! Her husband was a delight to meet too, and blessed us with some wonderful pictures. Thank you for making our day so special!💗

Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings's reply:

Thank you, dear Tonya, for this lovely review! It was so much fun to meet your big, beautiful family - you and Mark are truly blessed!!!
  • Jenna
    Jenna Y. Married on 07/30/2021

Gorgeous ceremony!! Hire her!!

Betsy is incredible!! She goes above and beyond to serve her clients! Being an out of state bride, I didn't know much about the SC marriage process. She took the time to answer all of my questions, gave me super helpful advice, and personalized our wedding ceremony just for us! Fast forward to our wedding day, she arrived early to fill out the paperwork and was super professional! My family keeps talking about how great our ceremony was!

Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Jenna! Such a pleasure to meet you and Alexander! Best wishes to you in your marriage!
  • Shannon
    Shannon R. Married on 07/20/2021

Professional, Authentic, Considerate

Betsy was super polite and professional from start to finish. I was having a lot of anxiety from the day leading up to the ceremony and as soon as i was greeted by Betsy all my worries washed away. She and her husband bring such a positive presence to the table. She has the sweetest disposition and reminds you of what really matters on your day. Everything she said and how she said it during the ceremony was beautiful. I would recommend her 100 times over.

Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings's reply:

Thank you, dear Shannon, for your kind words. It was such a joy to work with you and Dale. I wish you so much happiness!!
  • Lianne
    Lianne D. Married on 07/17/2021

Betsy is lovely.

Betsy is a kind hearted and caring person who tried her best to make our day one to remember. For never meeting us, she tried her best to personalize our love story and I am very appreciative of that. Her husband Bill was wonderful and took a ton of pictures that were later emailed to us with a kind note attached. Betsy is genuinely a lovely person.
  • Julie
    Julie C. Married on 07/14/2021

Beautiful, Intimate Ceremony

We interviewed several people to officiate our wedding. It was so important for us to find someone who could create a beautiful, intimate ceremony and bring out our love story. Betsy truly has a gift and we are so fortunate to have found her…she listens and gets to know you, and writes the ceremony based on your preferences. She made amazing suggestions, such as incorporating a sand ceremony, to unite our blended family. She was responsive and helped with all the small details as well, including helping us figure out the process for the marriage license being out of state.

I cannot imagine our wedding being as beautiful and special as it was without her. Thank you Betsy, we are so grateful to have you be a part of such a wonderful moment in our lives! xoxo
    Martha M. Married on 07/10/2021

Wedding officiant

Absolutely enjoyable person. Very responsive and a great communicator. Writes a beautiful and eloquent ceremony!! The best!
    Callie G. Married on 05/29/2021

Wonderful Officiant

Betsy was a blessing to find! I originally was going to have a close friend be our officiant, but then realized I had no idea what a ceremony entailed or how to write it myself. I wanted someone unique who would also bring tradition to the ceremony, but open to making it ours. That is 100% what Betsy did for us. We got to meet her in Hilton Head & get to know her a month before the wedding, which was so sweet to do if you have time & want to meet before the day of! She gave us perfect "simple traditional, but modern" vows, & I sent her readings I wanted included. She was always quick to respond via email & text. You can tell when you speak to her that she truly cares & loves what she does. Several people told us after the ceremony her words were very heartfelt & she made it so special! Thanks Betsy!!

Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings's reply:

Thank you, sweet Callie! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Ian. I wish you so much happiness in Scotland and beyond!!
  • Daria
    Daria S. Married on 05/05/2021

We couldn’t be happier with our decision to book Betsy. She was so pleasant and engaged for both our rehearsal as well as our ceremony.

What can we say about Betsy... SWEET, SWEET, SWEET!!! Betsy was such a pleasure to work with! She was kind, attentive, and engaging. My husband and I are natural jokesters and she played right along much like a friend we had known for years would! She made our whole experience organically enjoyable from start to finish. Our biggest concern going into the hiring process was that we wouldn’t feel connected to our minister and ceremony because our wedding was a destination wedding therefore It wasn’t possible to have history together. The moment we received the custom written ceremony from Betsy our fears were instantly vanquished. To quote the famous comedian/actress, Wanda Sykes,”damn...that girl can give a nice little speech!” In the few emails paired with our questionnaire she more than proved she has a natural ability when it comes to not only writing beautifully, but in honing in on personalities and latching onto what’s important to a couple. In our opinion she is a priceless gift and we couldn’t be happier that she was with us on our special day and forever in our wedding memories. We love you, Betsy!!! “THE SNYNDONE 7”
  • Frank
    Frank V. Married on 05/01/2021

Responsive, Caring, Smart, and Talented!

I found Betsy Peterson by googling wedding pastors in Hilton Head. She had amazing reviews but we all know that those reviews can sometimes be fake - the reviews were 100% REAL and accurate!

From the very beginning of our communications back and forth she was very responsive - even on weekends! We are not from SC but she made sure we knew the entire process for both getting the marriage license and costs, but also what she brought to the table. We had a small, family only wedding and we did not need a DJ. However, her husband Bill Peterson was masterful on the piano and also brought a speaker for the ceremony music and First Dance. He was excellent on the piano, has a welcoming personality, and was a truly wonderful addition!!

Betsy was wonderful at our wedding at Wexford Country Club. She also, little did we know, a great singer! On time, pleasant to work with, knowledgeable, are a few of the many words to describe her.

A+++ all around for both Betsy and Bill!

I highly recommend anyone in need of an Officiant or pianist/Jack of all Trades for their services!

Jennie and Frank

Dear Jennie and Frank,
    Thank you for your kind words! It was a joy working with you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
    Congratulations!!!
    Haley F. Married on 04/24/2021

Exceeded all expectations!!

I could not have imagined using anyone other than Betsy as our ceremony officiant. From our very first phone call I felt so comfortable with her and confident that she would help craft a fantastic ceremony experience. She is so easy to work with and very organized. She offered so many suggestions and unique options for the ceremony yet allowed us to do whatever we wanted. Her husband also helped provide the ceremony music which worked out perfectly. We had so many people comment on how beautiful of a job Betsy did. You won’t go wrong choosing her to be a part of such an important part of your big day!!
  • Mollie
    Mollie E. Married on 04/17/2021

We love betsy!

Due to some crazy circumstances, my husband and I decided to do a destination wedding in Hilton Head, and Betsy about me section caught our eye! She was the most laid back, well-organized, fun-loving person we could have landed on. She helped us through every step and made the day so perfect. I can't recommend her enough!!
    Perry G. Married on 04/05/2021

Amazing Experience

Both Betsy and Bill exceeded our expectations! We’re from Michigan and decided to renew our vows for our 10 year anniversary on the beach in Hilton Head Island. Betsy was very helpful throughout the process via phone and email. She recommended different beach locations to chose from as well as restaurants and other things to do in the area. Both Betsy and Bill were very good and patient with our young children (9,7,5) during the ceremony and our picture session. I highly recommend Betsy to officiate your ceremony!
    Suzanne M. Married on 03/20/2021

Amazing from Beginning to End!

Betsy is truly amazing and can easily put you at ease from the moment you speak with her. She emphasized throughout our planning process that this was our ceremony and we would work together to ensure it aligned with our vision.

This was our second marriage and it was important to us to include our four kids. She worked with us to create a ceremony that balanced love, family and even a few laughs as we committed ourselves to one another on a beautiful beach in Sea Pines. The ceremony was intimate, personal and perfectly reflected us as a couple. Our special day was exactly as we imagined!

Betsy was a pleasure to work with from the moment we had our introductory call back in November. I would highly recommend Betsy to anyone looking for an officiant that is committed to providing you with a ceremony created just for you.

Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Suzie, for your kind words. It was such a joy to work with you and Bob. There is something so special in the two of you and the beautiful family you have created. I do hope we will see you again when you visit our little island! Congratulations and we wish you every happiness in this perfect marriage!! Betsy
    Tom W. Married on 02/11/2021

The BEST choice for a marriage Officiant!

Betsy was so accommodating to our desires for the ceremonies content and truly worked hard to ensure the day was done the way we wanted it. We were blown away by Betsy's attention to detail, enthusiasm and preparedness. Would recommend anyone in getting married in the Hilton Head area have Betsy perform their ceremony 100%. Thank you Betsy for working with us and making our wedding so memorable.
  • J. Subrena
    J. Subrena S. Married on 01/03/2021

Totally Awesome

"Say I Do"" provided us with the perfect wedding. I contacted several vendors in the area. I had become frustrated and a little apprehensive of the process. However Betsy took the time to to pick up the phone and call us. The telephonic communication added a special touch and helped solidify our decision. "Say I Do" (Betsy) was attentive, professional, caring and flexible while allowing us input and control regarding our special day. "Say I Do" exceeded my expectations.

Dear Jessie and Frank,
    Thank you for your very kind words! What a joy to meet you both and to share our short time together. Again, wishing you the happiest of times together!! Another rodeo??
    Cheers!
  • Bich
    Bich V. Married on 12/20/2020

Betsy is an adorable lady!

Betsy and Bill (her husband) were so nice with us. Due to coronavirus crisis, it was not easy to organize a perfect wedding ceremony as we wished, but Betsy could do it! I live in Canada and my husband live in the States; thus, it was difficult to plan everything as much as we could prior to the wedding day.

To organize our big day, Betsy helped us a lot. We kept in touch each other by email and by phone for a few months to exchange our ideas. Betsy and her husband did a great job for us. We were surprised and so happy! Again, million thanks to you and your husband. I would recommend my friends and new clients to work with you for their big days!

Dearest Van,
    Thank you for your very kind words. It was our pleasure to help you with your wedding day. We even got the sun to come out!!! We wish you every happiness!
    Betsy & Bill
    Brenda M. Married on 12/12/2020

"Say I Do!" Hilton Head

Betsy was wonderful. She offered great advice and took the time to get to know us before the ceremony -so it was a very personal experience. She is so upbeat and her personality made us feel special from the start. By the end of the ceremony, we felt as though she was one of the family. We enjoyed meeting her and her husband. Hope to cross paths with them in the future.

Dear Mama Brenda, Kylie and Taylor,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such a joy to meet and work with all of you! Wishing you every happiness!!
    All the best,
    Dawn F. Married on 10/30/2020

Betsy is the BEST!!!

Betsy and I have been friends and colleagues in the Wedding business since I moved here in 2015. After working with her and seeing her perform countless wedding ceremonies for my clients, it was a no brainer that I would choose her to marry my husband and I on the most special day of our lives! She is such a kind soul, and takes the time to get to know her clients so that the Ceremony is personalized in a way that truly touches your heart. I could not recommend her enough! Thank you SO MUCH from the bottom of my heart Betsy!

Dear Dawn,
    Thank you for your kind and loving words! I adore you and I am so happy for you and AJ!! Dinner soon!!
    Love to you both,
  • Tammy
    Tammy M. Married on 10/20/2020

Excellent experience-Married couple

Betsy and Bill did a great job capturing our day. Their service was reassuring through the entire process. She was attentive in asking the right questions to provide the best service and knew of creative ways to express our love...We feel like friends now!

Say "I Do!" Hilton Head Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Tammy! We feel the same way and hope you will keep in touch through the years!