Savvy Treats Reviews

56 | Rockville, MD

56 Reviews for Savvy Treats

Meghana Vijaysimha 路 Married on 10/13/2019

Delicious Cake

We ordered a two tiered cake and a sheet cake (ended up being much more cake than needed) but both were delicious. Flavors we chose were salty caramel and lemon blueberry and they were both a big hit. Cake was decorated beautifully according to our wishes.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Paulette Cruz 路 Married on 02/22/2019

They did an awesome job!

They made my son Lego cake pops for his 4th birthday. I assumed it would be very challenging, but they pulled it off beautifully. My son LOVED them. I'll be back for every birthday we celebrate. The cake was sweet and not overpowering at all. Just perfect 馃憤

Sent on 02/23/2019

Nicolette 路 Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful cake and cupcakes!

Cheryl at Savvy Treats was so easy to work with and very transparent about prices. She let us customize our options and was flexible with changes. She did a beautiful ribbon design on our cake and it looked great! The flavors were delicious too!

Sent on 11/22/2018

Dan 路 Married on 08/12/2018

We decided to forego a traditional wedding cake and instead have a small cutting cake and mini cupcakes as dessert at our wedding and our guests LOVED the cupcakes! Cheryl was awesome to work with, providing us a complimentary tasting of her amazingly delicious cakes and doing all the setup day-of. We ended up going with a red velvet 6 inch cutting cake, which was gorgeous and delicious, and then offering red velvet, salted caramel, lemon and Oreo mini cupcakes, all of which received rave reviews from everyone. The best part about the mini cupcakes was it allowed guests to grab them and go, instead of sitting down to eat cake, which kept the party lively all night long. We would absolutely recommend Cheryl and Savvy Treats to anyone looking for both cakes and cupcakes that are beautiful and tasty!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Daniel 路 event on: 01/18/2018

Savvy Treats delivers a top notch product with first rate customer service. I ordered 5 dozen assorted cupcakes. Despite giving less than 24 hours notice, Cheryl delivered them to me in person first thing in the morning. She's flexible, accommodating, and reliable. And let's not forget the cupcakes--they are fantastic and highly professional. I'd order from Cheryl again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/24/2018
  • I

Ilene 路 Married on 11/05/2017

I actually found Savvy Treats through Wedding Wire--I didn't know anyone who had used them. Our venue didn't include a cake (although they would provide one at an exorbitant charge). We were thinking about doing a dummy cake to cut and then having sheet cakes in the back.
    We went in for a tasting and meeting with Cheryl and she really offered her professional opinion and vision. She explained to us that cupcakes would be easier to deliver and set up, cheaper, and more appetizing for guests to eat. We ended up going with mini cupcakes which meant each guest could try different flavors. I'm gluten free so I couldn't try them but our guests raved as did my husband, who has very high standards for desserts.
    Throughout the process, Cheryl was friendly, helpful, and responsive. We thoroughly enjoyed working with her and we're very satisfied with the end result. I high recommend Savvy Treats for wedding desserts!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Nancy 路 Married on 09/02/2017

The wedding cake was not only beautiful - it was delicious! 4 tiers of alternating layers. Loved the vanilla cake with raspberry swiss filling combined with the hazelnut cake with vanilla swiss filling. Yummy! It was a hit!

Sent on 09/06/2017
  • W

Wendy 路 Married on 09/01/2017

Savvy Treats was a sweet find for our wedding cake! So many bakeries charge an arm-and-a-leg only to focus on design over taste, Cheryl Savastano accomplishes both to perfection at a very reasonable price! We gave her a picture of a design and she recreated it exactly; the two tier-cake she delivered to our venue for our 120 guests was one of the best cakes we have ever tasted!! So many wedding cakes are dry and unforgettable but ours was moist and delicious. We will now be regular customers as her baked goods are phenomenal!! Cheryl's good nature and patience made her a dream to work with; she is a rare find and a hidden gem!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Mercedes 路 Married on 07/07/2017

I highly recommend Cheryl of Savvy Treats. I am so glad our wedding planner Jamesa recommended Savvy Treats to us. Cheryl is extremely professional, talented, and easy to work with. The cake tasting was incredible and our wedding cake/cupcakes were outstanding! Cheryl surpassed my expectation. Our wedding cake/cupcakes were absolutely beautiful and tasty. I am still receiving so many compliments on how good the cupcakes were. Cheryl, thank you so much! You will definitely be seeing us in the future.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Ellen 路 Married on 04/29/2017

I highly recommend Savvy Treats. We had a great time tasting the cake flavors in cupcake form and the cake itself for the wedding turned out beautifully! We wanted something simple and for the flavors to be the memorable thing and they delivered! Everyone said how tasty the cake was! Success!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Maya 路 Married on 10/29/2016

After sampling cupcakes from six different bakeries, Savvy Treats was the easy choice. Cheryl helped us pick out mini cupcakes in four different flavors (vanilla, lemon, strawberry (special request), and chocolate peanut butter) and rose to the challenge of our wedding cake. We wanted a TARDIS cake and gave her reference pictures, and she said she鈥檇 do her best. Our wedding cake was awesome!!! The color and details were spot-on, and Cheryl even figured out a way to incorporate a little glowing LED light for the light on the top! (So cool!!!) The cake and the cupcakes were delicious and we were eating the cake fondant with a fork for breakfast - we don鈥檛 even usually like fondant! We highly recommend Savvy Treats for wedding cake and cupcake needs!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Tiffany 路 Married on 10/22/2016

Our wedding was on 10/22/2016, and Cheryl was phenomenal from the tasting up until her delivery of her most tasty and beautiful mini cupcakes. We decided that we were not going to do big cupcakes because we had so much food we did not want anyone to be full. So we had our own two tier cake for us and bridal party and we had 600 mini cupcakes that were four different flavors. All I know is our guest really enjoyed it so much that a lot of them took more home in a to go box :) ... Thank you Cheryl for your wonderful services and to anyone looking for someone to fulfill there wedding when it comes to dessert, please don't hesitate to call Cheryl!!! She is a such kind, funny, loving and patient person!! She will get the job done!!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Mercy 路 Married on 09/03/2016

We originally went for a tasting here because they made mini pies and my groom was not the biggest fan of cake because of the sweeter frostings. He even liked the cupcakes here so we ordered mini cupcakes and mini pies for our wedding with a cutting layer on top. We loved the cupcake flavors and at the wedding the guests loved the mini cupcakes and went through the mini pies super quick! Thank you so much Ms. Cheryl for wonderful sweet treats.

Sent on 09/04/2016

Patty 路 Married on 09/03/2016

The baker made a groom's cake and wedding cake, both of which were amazing. The way the wedding cake was prepared, as a traditional British-style fruitcake, just proved how talented Cheryl is. She decorated it with beautiful sugar flowers and also had custom figurines made. We would not hesitate to recommend them for any special event.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Colleen 路 Married on 08/13/2016

Cheryl was THE BEST! She was so sweet when we went to try flavors for our wedding cake, and didn't judge us at all when we wanted four tiers of funfetti covered in sprinkles. The cake was even more beautiful than I could have hoped for, and the taste was ABSURDLY GOOD. We ended up eating the top tier as soon as we got home from our honeymoon because it was too good to save until our first anniversary. I can't say enough wonderful things about this experience. Five stars across the board. Thank you, Cheryl!

Sent on 09/14/2016
  • Allyson and Matthew

Allyson 路 Married on 08/04/2016

Oh my goodness! Savvy Treat's cupcakes are absolutely delicious!! Cheryl knows how to make a light but sweet cake. She was very accommodating in letting me come try the flavors and also in helping plan out what my top cake would look like. I had a 3 tier cupcake cake with a 6 inch cake on the top tier. It turned out very cute! Her prices are reasonable and she tries to help as much as she can. She is also very friendly! I will be going back when we move out there!!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Jose 路 Married on 06/25/2016

My fianc茅 (now wife) had read some reviews online and after calling other places she suggested Savvy Treats because of the reviews it had gotten from other people. They were not wrong in recommending Savvy Treats because we recommend it to other people too.
    We met Cheryl and from the start she was flexible and accommodating to our suggestions. She was very professional and such a good person to work with. Everything we tried tasted yummy! Now when people talk about other places, I tell them about Savvy Treats. It is my hands-down recommendation every time. Just go!
    -And if you know me, get some for me too!

Sent on 09/07/2016
  • User5138083 路 2+ years ago

While planning our wedding, my then fiance (now husband) and I decided that we did not want a large wedding cake -- we just wanted something small, charming, and afforable that also tasted great and fit with our personalities. After visiting a couple of bakeries, we settled on Savvy Treats. Cheryl, the owner, was a delight to work with -- everything from setting up the original tasting to picking a design, making payments, and picking up the cake. We ordered a mocha cake with chocolate filling and vanilla buttercream for our wedding cake, but we loved so many of the flavors that we plan to come back in the future for other cakes and cupcakes. Cheryl was very professional, responsive, and made us a great cake. She even replicated a design of the cake from a picture I provided for her with impeccable detail! I have nothing but good things to say about Cheryl and Savvy Treats!

Sent on 06/17/2016
  • F

Felicia 路 Married on 08/20/2015

Cheryl was such a pleasure to work with - she was responsive and flexible to make sure we got exactly what we wanted! Our cake was not only beautiful, but it was more delicious that I could have even imagined! Thank you for making our special day that much more perfect!

Sent on 08/25/2015
  • Yvette

Yvette 路 Married on 08/15/2015

There is so much I can say about Cheryl. I loved everything about her and she made everything so simple for us. We were able to get a tasting immediately, gave her an example of what we wanted and she produced 110%. She is funny, sweet and professional, making our experience very memorable. We didn't want the traditional wedding cake, so we were able to meet with her twice and she created our cake exactly how we wanted it. Since my wedding, several of my friends have called to make request and pick up cupcakes/cakes from her for their special occasions. I plan on using Cheryl for many more events in the future. My husband and I were very pleased. Thank You Cheryl

Sent on 10/14/2015

Darius 路 Married on 08/01/2015

I decided to buy our cake from Savvy Treats because there was too many option for us and I was really relax to choose what I want. Finally I found it which is in my dream !!!!!

Sent on 05/27/2016
  • User4519253 路 2+ years ago

Hire Her!!!! Just do it....
    Our wedding cakes were amazing!!!! They looked lovely and tasted sooooo moist and yummy! The red velvet wedding cake was a huge hit with all our guests.
    Savvy Treats worked with us and accommodate our needs. We had a small wedding and she created the cake we wanted in a size that fit our needs. I highly recommend her and would visit her shop for all our future "sweet tooth" needs!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Natalie 路 Married on 06/27/2015

Cheryl was the best! I was so pleased with my wedding cake; it was unique and tasted wonderful! My fiance and i provided photos of what we envisioned and Cheryl created a beautiful cake with fondant, just as i described. Our tasting was delicious and the cake on our wedding day was fresh as that day in the bakery! Cheryl was very responsible via email to ensure we had the correct cake topper arrangements and correct color pallet. I'm so happy we went with Savvy Treats and I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/06/2015
  • User3904533 路 2+ years ago

Cheryl was wonderful to work with from the beginning. Her cupcakes were a hit at our wedding! Everyone (still!) is raving about how delicious they were and how nicely they were set up for the reception. At our initial meeting with Cheryl, she provided plenty of delicious samples. She really helped us understand how to create a good selection of flavors based on our preferences. Cheryl was responsive to all of our emails and questions and did a great job setting up the cupcakes for our reception. We are so happy we had Savvy Treats at our wedding and look forward to visiting their new store soon!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Michele 路 Married on 01/02/2015

Cheryl the owner of Savvy Treats was wonderful! She had great ideas and and suggested the perfect cake and cupcakes for my guests. We had a somewhat small wedding so she suggested that we have a 6" round cake for the cake cutting ceremony and then do cupcakes for our guests.
    It was perfect!
    I would highly recommend Savvy Treats!!!!!

Sent on 02/21/2015