Savoie Catering Reviews

22 | Birmingham, AL

22 Reviews for Savoie Catering

Sara Evans · Married on 11/10/2018

Savoie catering — nico

Everyone commented on how great the food was! We had plenty with quite a bit left over.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Kathryn · Married on 07/18/2017

They were amazing. :) They were openminded, full of ideas, and quick to respond.
    They were easy to work with and gave us confidence from the beginning. They provided awesome breakfast foods for our wedding day and our guests were super pleased. They were prompt, kind, and energetic. We loved them.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Jim · Married on 04/22/2017

We had the pleasure of having Savoie cater our daughters wedding 4/22/17 at The Barn at Shady Lane in Birmingham. From our first contact with Nico and Chae through the menu planning, tasting and the reception itself, it was a seamless experience. The food was excellent in presentation, taste and value. My brother who is a CIA trained 40+ year professional chef and culinary educator told me "the food was not good, it was GREAT". I would agree wholeheartedly. The day of staff from servers to bartenders seemed to number about twice as many as I thought i was paying for and they all were very professional and fun. We are so glad we chose Savoie and would do so again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Jasmine · Married on 06/11/2016

I can't even begin to describe how amazing this company is!! If I'm honest, Savoie was not my first choice in catering. I had never heard of them before and fell in love with a different company's food after trying them at a bridal show. When that company wasn't available for my date, I was devastated. It was at the recommendation of my venue's event coordinator that I try Savoie. She told me that it was chef owned and operated and that they strive to deliver the best quality of farm to table style food for your event. Music to my ears as a self-proclaimed foodie. While it put me at ease to finally have Savoie booked for my June wedding, as the big day approached I became more and more anxious. I had not had a tasting and began to second guess my decision. I emailed Nico, the Manager, at least 300 times with questions and changes. She made me feel at ease, answered all of my questions promptly and was very helpful with recommendations of menu items that would fit into my budget. The big day finally arrived and all I could think about was THE FOOD! I had read over our menu hundreds of times, salivating at how beautifully it read and praying that it delivered on taste... OM MY GOODNESS! Words don't give justice to the perfectly roasted and spiced potatoes, the wonderfully juicy chicken and tangy white BBQ sauce, the soft pillows of bread surrounding the tender pork sliders with crisp onion straws, the BKT cups, the grit cakes, the sweet summer fruits, it was ALL PERFECT! When we both took that first bite it was nothing short of emotional (remember-self-proclaimed foodies). I considered it a blessing in disguise that my first choice fell through because I can't imagine a more perfect menu. Not only was the food exceptional but the level of service was great! Allegra, the captain, was a dream and the servers were so gracious and kind ( I believe it was Morgan and Greg(?) I'm so happy they got to share in a day that was so special to us. Exceptional people & food!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2016

Having a great caterer was really important to us. Savoie has an excellent reputation and we kept hearing their name recommended by vendors, friends, everyone. Initially, we didn’t think we could afford them but after telling them our budget they worked with us to develop a menu that fit our style and budget. Anyone we told that we were working with Savoie would respond with “Oh they are SO great!” – which you know is a great sign, and I can’t tell you how many of our guests commented on how great the food was. The presentation and quality was amazing and they were so wonderful to work with. The best in Birmingham by far!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Paige · Married on 10/17/2015

Savoie is amazing! We choose Historic Rucker Place as our venue and Savoie is their in house caterer. Their food is awesome! It's 2 weeks past our wedding and we are still getting great compliments about the food. If you choose them, be sure to get the bacon wrapped sausage. It's unbelievable! They worked with us to make sure we came in under budget.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Catherine · Married on 05/02/2015

I highly recommend Savoie Catering. We chose Rucker Place as the reception venue for my son's wedding. Because Savoie is the in-house caterer there, we were required to use them. I was apprehensive, as I had never eaten food Savoie prepared. I needn't have worried. Richard Bishop of Savoie worked with us to get the menu the bride and groom wanted at a price point that was affordable. We've since received several comments about how delicious the food was. We had a good bit left and I have happily dined on it for several days now! No matter the season of the wedding, don't miss the sweet potato cups. One of the most delicious things I've ever eaten! The shrimp and grits and the ratatouille gratin were also awesome. Richard tailored the menu to the season, with lots of fresh strawberries and fresh green beans and asparagus. Savoie is top-notch!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Great food. Excited to see how the menu comes together.

Sent on 12/04/2014

My daughter and I both agreed early on that the food at the wedding reception was one of our top priorities. We wanted there to be plenty of truly tasty dishes and preferred for it to have a unique flair...not the typical reception cuisine of chicken fingers and fruit kabobs. WOW! We were super impressed at what Savoie had to offer (and at such a reasonable price)!! Chae at Savoie took excellent care of us from the beginning. She presented us with a buffet menu that met all of our requests. There was nothing "standard" about the dishes they offered. We devoured Conecuh Sausage and Grits, Roasted Winter Vegetable, Grilled Chicken Kabobs with a White Sauce, Baked Feta Dip, etc. All of this was provided at an extremely reasonable price and there was PLENTY of food!! We even boxed some to send home with several of our wedding guests. :) In the weeks following the wedding, our guests and family members would comment on several things they enjoyed about the wedding. The food was always on the list! I have no hesitations in recommending Savoie to any friends and acquaintances who are looking for a good caterer. Thanks, Savoie, and THANKS, Chae, for taking such good care of all of us!

Sent on 02/16/2015

The one thing we wanted above and beyond anything else at the wedding was great food. Chef Richard and his team at Savoie did exactly that, amazing food. Our guests raved about the food and how they have never had better at a big event. If I weren't so full from the first round, I would have gone back for 2nd and 3rd servings.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Emily · Married on 08/30/2014

Savoie was amazing!! Our food was so delicious!! All of our friends and family were raving how great the food was. Chef Richard Bishop is exceptionally talented!! Also, the staff is very professional and considerate. Chae Framption, the manager, is very responsive, sweet, and has great decor ideas. I highly recommend Savoie catering!! They can do any type of food. They helped make our day memorable!!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Linda · Married on 12/29/2012

Savoie Catering and Richard Bishop were wonderful throughout our wedding process and created the most delicious buffet dinner for our wedding celebration. His staff was efficient, polite, and created a sumptuous wedding celebration. Thank you Savoie!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Danyell · Married on 08/18/2012

Richard Bishop is the absolute best! He is professional, flexible, friendly, and is budget-friendly. He can come up with any menu you want. We decided to go with appetizers and a buffet. I was worried about how the food would turn out because at other weddings the buffet food was terrible. People are STILL talking about how great the food was at our wedding. They said they have never had food that good at a wedding. I agree. I am a vegetarian and the options Richard made for me were mouth-watering. He is really on top of things and will meet you whenever you need to. The best decision we made was choosing him to cater our wedding. :)

Sent on 10/21/2012

Leah · Married on 08/06/2016

I would very highly recommend Savoie. They catered our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception and did an outstanding job on both. Our guest raved over the food, and they are still talking about how delicious it was. We had bacon wrapped dates, mac & cheese, brisket sandwiches, deviled eggs, roasted season vegetables, and homemade biscuits with honey butter and Conecuh sausage...YUMMY!!! Chae and Nico were so awesome to work with, and they made the entire planning process very easy and stress free. Chae was always available to answer my many questions and help us create the perfect menu that fit within our budget. The service staff is also very professional, and they went above and beyond to make everything run smoothly. We couldn't have chosen a better caterer for our special day...cheers!!!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Julie · Married on 03/26/2016

We got married at Historic Rucker Place and Savoie is the only option you have for a caterer. Which was awesome, because it was the best wedding food I've ever had. They catered our rehearsal dinner, as well as our reception and everyone keeps telling me how great the food was. My husband has talked about the rehearsal dinner meal almost every day since we got married over a week ago. The bacon wrapped sausages & the candied bacon deviled eggs were my favorite!

Sent on 04/05/2016

Savoie Catering's reply:

Thank you Julie and best wishes for a long, happy, and healthy marriage! Chef Richard and Team
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 05/17/2019

Very Helpful

Savoie was great. I got many compliments on the food! Nico was very helpful. The original menu I picked was pricier than I was expecting. I had an afternoon wedding, so I was in the market for more snack-like items and they worked with me to find a menu that fit my reception and budget.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Marionne · Married on 09/15/2018

Food was a high priority for us, and we were so happy to have Savoie be our caterers! They have a huge selection of dishes, and they even created a couple custom hors d'oeuvres for our cocktail reception. We also included ice cream sandwiches from Big Spoon for our dessert, and since we didn't order very many, Savoie helped coordinate keeping them in the freezer and displaying them on dry ice. I didn't expect them to be able to do that, and it made things a lot easier to coordinate.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Meredith · Married on 05/06/2017

We loved Savoie- the quality of the food was superb. People are still talking about some of the dishes we chose, especially the shrimp and grits. I gave a 4.5 for quality of service because I heard from some guests that they ran out of cutlery and small plates. However, I see that as a reflection of how good everything was- everyone went back for more! The staff was responsive and professional throughout the planning process, and made choosing our menu a breeze. I would recommend Savoie for sure, just maybe request extra cutlery/plates if you use the nice disposables option.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Theresa · Married on 04/16/2016

We recently hosted a rehearsal dinner in Birmingham and Savioe catered the meal. Because we were out-of-state, we relied heavy with Nico to help us with menu selections which made the evening hassle free. The meal was fresh and well-balanced - full of flavor and complimentary textures. Everyone at the dinner raved about the food for 2 days! Thank you Nico and staff for everything.
    Theresa M.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Savannah · Married on 05/18/2012

I loved having Richard and Savoie Catering in charge of our food. They were very flexible and were able to come up with the perfect menu to fit our budget.

Sent on 06/13/2012
  • Mary Katherine

Mary Katherine · Married on 06/17/2017

4.2
      2.0

The food was delicious!! We loved all of our options and the food was very good quality! Definitely recommend the Mac and cheese :)

Sent on 07/08/2017
  • Micayla

Micayla · Married on 04/21/2018

2.5

The food from Savoie catering was EXCELLENT! However, the run around with Savoie was not excellent. It was very hard to communicate with them and get things done. There were multiple times I had to go back and forth with them on pricing and such. However, once you taste the food all of that will not matter. Seriously some of the best food I have ever had.

Sent on 04/30/2018