Save The Date! Weddings & Events Reviews

20 Reviews for Save The Date! Weddings & Events

• Sarah

Sarah B. · Getting married on 12/01/2021

Best Decision Ever

Maryssa was a recommendation from a mutual friend and I couldn't be happier. We had our wedding ceremony on the beach and the reception at another location, so the logistics were my main concern. Maryssa was super detail oriented and worked with our vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. Unfortunately our wedding was the weekend of one of the power outages and evacuations in Sonoma County, which led to our caterers not being able to serve dinner. Maryssa and her team stepped up and took their place! I was so happy and super impressed by their willingness and professionalism throughout. Not only were they able to help with food service, but they still kept the rest of the show going. Although our wedding didn't exactly turn out as we had planned, it turned out far better than we could have ever expected thanks to Save the Date! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/24/2020
  • Laura

Laura Y. · Getting married on 08/28/2021

The Absolute Best!!

Maryssa was such a dream to work with! Unfortunately due to Covid we had to postpone our wedding not once, but twice! In the end, my fiance and I decided to elope. Throughout the whole process, Maryssa was very thoughtful, understanding, and patient. She went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was special. She was incredibly understanding of all the last minute changes. She connected me to last minute vendors when my fiance and I lost our officiant. She took the time to communicate with us every step of the way. To be honest, there are not enough words to express how grateful I am to have had such a thoughtful and understanding wedding coordinator during these crazy times. I am really excited to work with her to plan our celebration and would highly recommend her. Thanks Maryssa!!!

Sent on 11/13/2020

Amy M. · Married on 06/26/2021

Maryssa is amazing!

Maryssa and her team were a joy to work with on our wedding day! Maryssa was great at coordinating with other vendors and making sure everything was perfect on our wedding day. I am an extremely Type A person with high expectations and Maryssa and her team made sure everything went according to plan and I didn’t have to worry about a thing! I loved her assistants she brought on our wedding day, they treated me like they had known me for years and made sure I was well taken care of! I enjoyed their positive attitudes, smiles and overall interaction with me and our guests. Can’t recommend them enough for your upcoming wedding or event!

Sent on 07/12/2021

Sara N. · Married on 05/08/2021

Maryssa was amazing!

Maryssa and the Save the Date team are incredible! I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Maryssa was the planner for our wedding at Gundlach Bundschu winery in Sonoma, which was originally scheduled for October 2020 but postponed to spring 2021 due to COVID.

Maryssa made planning a wedding amidst a constantly changing pandemic situation seem easy. She was extremely knowledgeable about the latest regulations, calm, and flexible throughout. She truly went above and beyond to make sure we got the wedding we’d imagined despite the pandemic, putting in tons of extra time to coordinate with us and our vendors to adapt our plans multiple times as regulations changed.

Pandemic aside, Maryssa exceeded all my expectations of a wedding planner:
    -She has amazing relationships with other vendors in the industry, and every other vendor she recommended to us was excellent. Our florist, photographer, hair stylist, and caterer were all her recommendations and all fantastic!
    -She worked with us every step of the way to coordinate with our venue and various vendors to ensure we had everything we wanted and didn’t miss any logistics
    -She was incredibly responsive over email, phone, and text and always answered all of my questions with thoughtful and knowledgeable answers. More often than not, she had already taken care of everything I had questions about!
    -In the last few weeks before the wedding, she handled all of the final logistics and coordination. I wasn’t stressed at all knowing that she was on top of all of the details, and trusted her completely to handle everything.
    -On the day of the wedding, she and her team executed everything perfectly! They handled all of the setup with our vendors, set out our place settings, seating arrangements, and decorations, and made everything look beautiful (despite some very gusty winds)! Throughout the event, they kept everything running smoothly and on time, assisted guests who had questions, and ensured that my husband and I could just focus on enjoying the day.

We are so grateful to Maryssa & team and would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 05/11/2021
  • Samantha

Samantha K. · Married on 10/11/2020

You will be in such good hands with Save the Date!

I’ve had the honor to work with Save the Date as a fellow vendor (makeup artist) and Maryssa is INCREDIBLE!! My brides are so relieved and stress free with their planning, even through the wedding morning! We all know we are in good hands because of Maryssa! She is amazing with communication and updates down to the fine details- she’s always on top of her game! She genuinely cares for her brides and is super supportive of vendors which is what makes her truly stand out in the industry. I can’t recommend her enough!!

Sent on 04/06/2020
  • Charmaine

Charmaine H. · Married on 06/20/2020

Can't recommend Save the Date and Maryssa enough!

Maryssa and her team are the absolute best - I would 100% recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or any other event. Maryssa was the planner for my wedding at Olympia's Valley Estate in Petaluma, July 2021. She exceeded all my expectations and went above and beyond to ensure that the day went flawlessly and was exactly what I had dreamed of.

Communication: Maryssa is one of the most transparent, thoughtful, responsive people I've worked with. Any time I had any questions - from small to big - she responded incredibly quickly and with a ton of information. As someone who has never done this before and was overwhelmed by the amount of information and options, I really appreciated how communicative and responsive she was to everything I've ever asked. As others have mentioned, oftentimes she already had taken care of / thought of the things I was asking already!

Vendor Management: Maryssa managed every.single.one. of our vendors to the minute detail. From ensuring that she had the contact information, contracts, etc. of everyone we planned to work with, she coordinated directly with them to ensure that everyone knew where and when they had to be the day of.

Attention to Detail: Maryssa's attention to detail is incredible. From sending us reminders of things we had to do a few months out to a month out, to coordinating the weekend schedule down to the minute (our family members even commented at our detailed our schedule was!) As someone who is also super detail oriented, I really appreciated this about her. On the day of the wedding, she noticed that some farm tables did not match and contacted me immediately with a few options of how to proceed - it was so detailed that I wasn't even stressed that this was happening the day-of!

Day-Of Coordination: WOW. just wow - Maryssa executed our wedding absolutely flawlessly. She coordinated everything with the vendors, personal items, reception, decor, including moving our floral arch/cocktail furniture to the reception area for dinner. She was always on hand to help with absolutely anything I needed - from helping me find a toothpick, mints, working with our photographer to move our first dance and photos around to accommodate the better light, to helping me pick out grass from my wedding dress from photos - I can honestly say that Maryssa made our wedding everything we ever wanted it to be. She even helped pack up all our drinks, personal items, decor into our car the night of so that the next morning we had everything ready to go.

Lastly, on top of everything I already mentioned, Maryssa helped us navigate our wedding through COVID-19. We originally had our date scheduled for 2020, and she worked with us to not only move to a new date, but coordinate with our vendors to ensure they were also free, share information about the latest regulations and how things were progressing. She was always on top of everything, staying calm and helpful throughout the entire process.

We couldn't recommend Maryssa and Save the Date highly enough!!

Sent on 07/09/2021
  • Alyssa

Alyssa L. · Married on 05/30/2020

Forever thankful for this team

Maryssa and her team are absolute angels!
    I first found Maryssa in the early Spring of 2019 when I had just started to plan our wedding and I was feeling a little lost with the process. I knew that hiring a planner would give me some peace of mind, but looking back, I know it was the best decision I could have made in regards to planning our wedding. My fiance and I were planning to get married June of 2020, and during the planning process, Maryssa and her team went above and beyond in every way. They are so organized and patient and they truly care about your needs and concerns. I'm a hyper-organized bride and I struggle with managing my stress, and Maryssa and her team were constantly putting me at ease. They always answered my questions and requests with kindness and grace.
    When the pandemic hit, I was distraught. We were less than 100 days away from our wedding and the unimaginable had happened. Maryssa and her team guided me through the decision-making process and helped tremendously (both emotionally and practically) with postponing not one, but TWO weddings!
    Suffice to say, Maryssa has helped me tirelessly over the last year and a half, and I can't begin to express how thankful I am to have her. I can't recommend her enough for any couple planning a wedding! She makes the whole process a breeze. Do yourself a favor and hire Save the Date!

Sent on 10/09/2020

Kaitlyn G. · Married on 09/13/2019

Highly recommend Maryssa!

We loved working with Maryssa for our wedding! Maryssa helped us with the planning and execution of our wedding from start to finish. We had a destination wedding in Sonoma and primarily worked remotely with Maryssa first from London and then from New York. Throughout the planning process, we primarily corresponded via email due to the different time zones and locations, and Maryssa was very responsive to all of our messages.

When we were deciding on vendors, Maryssa would typically send us around 3 options to choose from. I really appreciated working this way as I am the type of person who needs limited options. It is clear that she has strong relationships with many vendors in the area, and we were really happy with her recommendations.

We visited Sonoma a few times throughout the planning process and each time we came to visit, Maryssa had our full itinerary planned and all vendor meetings booked for us in advance. She also attended nearly every vendor meeting with us, which was greatly appreciated as we weren’t always sure of all the questions to ask.

On the day of the wedding, Maryssa and her team coordinated absolutely everything, and the day went off without a hitch. All we had to do was relax and enjoy our wedding day! It is clear that they were very well organized, detail-oriented and professional, while still being laid back and friendly. Multiple vendors told us how much they love working with Maryssa!

Maryssa went above and beyond in many ways, including holding additional meetings as needed with our vendors and offering to let us ship things to her in advance that we needed for the wedding.

As I told Maryssa, we would have been lost without her throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend Maryssa and her team to help plan your wedding or any other event!

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Zoey

Zoey · Married on 07/28/2019

Maryssa & her team is amazing

This review is long overdue. My husband and I got married in the last July and we hired Maryssa as our wedding planner. She was on the referral list of both my venue and my photographer (who has really high standard), and there isn't a single moment that we regret our choice. Maryssa is highly organized, responsive, and have great attention to details. We met a couple times in person to go through my wedding details and venue layout, she's very professional and well prepared so the whole process was very smooth. She also gave us decorative advice which fits my taste very well too. In addition to our in person meeting, we had a lot of communication through email, and she replies in a timely manner and answers my question right to the point. On our wedding day, she arrived on time to collect our decorative items / wedding favors etc, and she and her team worked like a ghost - you won't see them a lot but everything is set up beautifully. She also contacted all of my vendors ahead of time and worked with them closely on our big day. At the end of the wedding she collected all our belongs and sent them back to our room.

Maryssa help us to have our perfect dream wedding. I know a lot of people say there will always be crisis at weddings and it will never turn out to be the exact way you want, but mine was, thanks to Maryssa's help. I would highly recommend her to everyone. If you're the type that takes review number as a evaluating factors, just know Maryssa just started her own business (hence the number isn't as high as the business that has been running for years) and she is in fact a very experienced and professional wedding planner. Hiring Maryssa was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, and thank you Maryssa and your team for your wonderful work :)

Sent on 03/24/2020

Mikaela D. · Married on 07/06/2019

Maryssa is amazing!

From the beginning, Maryssa made us feel we could accomplish all of our wacky and non-traditional ideas. We wanted to have a 90-person wedding in our neighbor’s oddly shaped garden and then parade down to our backyard for the reception. We wanted a brass band to march us. We wanted the caterers to cook in our home kitchen. And we wanted to pull it all off in about four months. She was unflappably positive and enthusiastic, but also extremely calm and kind and also ON IT. Maryssa was incredibly organized throughout the whole process. She was quick to respond to emails and thoroughly addressed our every question and concern. We felt very cared for. Everything Maryssa touched, turned into zero stress for us.

Additionally, Maryssa had amazing recommendations for vendors and was able to get us good deals due to her good relationships. Particularly for flowers (Janelle with Green Petal Designs) and music (Hella Fitzgerald: guitar & vocals for ceremony, brass band for march to reception, and DJ for dancing). Both of the vendors were very high quality and supportive regarding our visions and our last minute planning (we had A LOT of ideas and feedback that we gave them, but they really made it even better than we could have imagined--for this, I attribute particular thanks to Maryssa who pulled all the pieces together).

We had some issues with our caterers (who we found on our own, they were not a rec from her). There were some things that they really should have taken care of, but when they didn’t, Maryssa rose to the challenge in every way and made sure nothing was lacking, even though it wasn’t in her purview.

On a logistical note, we did a tier 2 package and found the price very reasonable.

We could not recommend Maryssa more highly!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Wedding Planner

I have planned and been in a lot of weddings so for our wedding we knew we needed at least a partial wedding planner! Marysaa was the perfect fit! From invitations to recommends to contracts to execution! We have a family emergency two days before my wedding which cause the entire wedding to be re worked and with Maryssa in charge you would never know it had changed! I never stressed about a single thing on my day because I knew she understood everything we wanted!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Kristen · Married on 05/24/2019

Easygoing, Reliable, Responsive, and Knowledgeable

Maryssa is an amazing wedding planner whom I highly recommend! From the beginning of our planning process until our actual wedding, Maryssa was always responsive and super helpful as we navigated through the craziness of wedding planning. I had a dress malfunction RIGHT before the ceremony and Maryssa helped keep me calm and assured me that everything would work out (which it did!). Our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch thanks to her and her team. My husband and I had no clue of whatever guest issues took place since Maryssa and her team kept us shielded from it and handled everything which allowed us to truly enjoy our special day. Maryssa was also super familiar with our venue and had previously established relationships with the venue staff which was also a major plus. Hiring Maryssa as our planner was easily the best decision we made when it came to our wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Carly J

Carly · Married on 04/27/2019

Effortless & Reliable Planner!

Maryssa and her team did amazing! She was always quick to respond to my texts, calls, and emails and guided me when needed. I’m a bit of a control freak so it was hard to turn the reigns over to someone else but Maryssa put me at ease that everything would be taken care of. My favorite part of working with her was the day of! She was cool, calm, collected, and so organized (she even took our presents and cards back to our room for us while we were enjoying the reception) Definitely would recommend!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Thomas · Married on 03/30/2019

Maryssa goes above and beyond

We'd hired Maryssa for day-of coordination for our smallish Napa wedding (~70 people) at the end of March, and we wouldn't have enjoyed our day without her! The wedding went smoothly and we got to focus on entertaining our guests, because Maryssa coordinated and handled our problems invisibly in the background. Even our vendors consistently complimented on what a pleasure it was working with her!

Highlights:
    - Always a step ahead of us in communicating with vendors during the planning
    - Came super well prepared (even kept a steamer in her car just in case), and even received a few of our DIY items days before
    - She brought a lovely assistant the day of
    - Unlimited consultation emails
    - Voluntarily joined us during a menu tasting and independently visited the venue without us
    - Kept cool while ironing out day-of issues (I'm sure more than I know of) with our vendors and the venue who were...not always on the same page

Thanks Maryssa!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Emma · Married on 10/13/2018

Save The Date save the day!

Maryssa and her team at Save The Date were absolutely wonderful. Maryssa is friendly, calm, organized, and (most importantly for me as the bride) was a very calming presence on our big day (and leading up to it). We hired Maryssa and her team as day of coordinators and this was perfect for us, as she was available for phone calls and emails leading up to our wedding weekend and then took care of everything coordinating-wise on the wedding day. Maryssa coordinated with all our vendors the week before the wedding which took stress off of me. She also did a few site visits with us beforehand to make sure we had everything in place at the venue. She was instrumental to our rehearsal and even went the extra mile to help us with some set up the day before the wedding, which she didn't need to do. We are so grateful for her and the Save the Date team, who helped us make our dream wedding day vision come true! Hire them, you will not regret it I promise!

Sent on 03/25/2020

Angelina · Married on 08/18/2018

Maryssa is amazing!

Where do I begin with Maryssa, there are too many good things to talk about! Maryssa was one of the first people we hired for our 08/18/18 wedding in Healdsburg, CA at a private estate. Maryssa was super responsive from beginning to end and went above and beyond to help us with every single question we had for her (and believe me, I had a lot - paragraph upon paragraph long emails lol). Communication was super quick and helpful, every single time. We initially hired Maryssa for the Standard Package but after an extremely busy season with my job, I was overstressed and needed to up the help I needed from Maryssa. Maryssa was super accommodating and helped work out a reasonable fee in addition to the package we had already signed on for. Our first venue meeting was easy and felt like we had it all figured out (even though there was still lots to do) Maryssa was super composed and took notes the whole time. Shortly after, I received an e-mail with all her notes and the next steps I needed to take on the planning journey and recommendations for things I had asked for. It was nice meeting with Maryssa at the venue and being able to discuss my vision and at no point did she try to pressure me in any which way, just gave me helpful advice when needed. She really works with you to make your wedding come to life. Maryssa was so on top of emails and contacting other vendors leading up to the wedding day, it gave us some time to focus on all the little details we had left to do. It was nice not to have to try and figure out all the schematics and check all the lists a million more times. Day of wedding...my husband and I are still talking about how perfectly smooth our wedding day ran if there was a hiccup we sure didn't know about it! And that's one of the main reasons for hiring a coordinator but, I doubt everyone is as blessed with a Maryssa on their side.

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Adam

Adam · Married on 10/07/2017

Everything you could ask for in a wedding planner

Maryssa was absolutely amazing in helping my wife and I plan our wedding day. We thought we were doing well by planning in advance and Maryssa made sure we stayed on top of everything. We would highly recommend her to help you plan your big wedding day as well. She is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/30/2017

Need a Wedding Planner? Look No Further!

We could not have asked for a more capable, calm, and knowledgable coordinator for our wedding than Maryssa. From the beginning our wedding planning process, she helped us identify the right venue and vendors for our ceremony and reception, and made herself available at all hours of the day to help with our needs.

Maryssa helped us with every step of our wedding planning, but we didn't realize how dependent on her we had become until the actual wedding weekend. Maryssa was a calm ship in the eye of the storm, and had all the trains running on time without us having to check in about anything. We can't express enough how nice it was to look up in the middle of the craziness and see Maryssa working with vendors, family members, guests, and others to make sure that the weekend went off without a hitch.

If you're looking for a wedding coordinator, Maryssa is one of the absolute best out there!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Jackie · Married on 06/17/2017

Maryssa was fabulous!

This is super overdue, but I worked with Maryssa for my wedding when she was at Hannah Smith Events and she was one of my favorite parts of our event. It's exciting that she's starting her own business! I want to share what I wrote about Maryssa for HSE:

I was so lucky to have found Maryssa! My venue required a day-of coordinator, and being an out of town bride (Seattle, getting married in Santa Rosa), I knew I needed someone on the ground to help day of. Maryssa was great from day 1 over the phone. She is detail-oriented and organized, something that I so, so appreciated. I booked her for their standard package, which is basically day-of coordinator at most other places, but with her can start 1-2mon before the event! Such a great deal, and at a very reasonable price! Whenever I emailed Maryssa, she replied right away, and she remembered all of our correspondence to put together a master timeline for me - I think even before that 1-2mon mark! I felt that Maryssa was my secret weapon. When I had difficulty communicating with a few vendors via email, since I was in my last month before the big day, I just turned that communication over to Maryssa and she let me know that everything was worked out. So easy! I also had a lot of details I wanted done for my wedding for setup on the day of. I collected and/or made all of the decor, packed it in several suitcases, and explained what I wanted for set up to Maryssa and she worked her magic. Everything was beautiful! No one in my wedding party or family was able to get to the venue until it was showtime, but Maryssa had everything under control. After the wedding, she also packed everything up for me so that it was ready to go at the end of the event. I really enjoyed working with Maryssa and felt as if she were a friend/companion/advocate for me through this whole wedding journey. She will always get to yes! Maryssa is competent, knowledgeable, diplomatic, has a great eye for decor, and I would recommend her 100%.”

Sent on 07/02/2019

Marielle · Married on 11/06/2011

The BEST of the best Coordination team!

Maryssa and her team are the best of the best in the wedding business. Incredibly personable, professional, on the ball, organized, full of creative ideas, helpful, easy to communicate with and more.

I am a wedding photographer and I have worked with Maryssa and her team at dozens of weddings. I can honestly say that they are hands down the best coordination team to work with. Weddings run smoothly and there is no stress when this team is working. Because of their personable nature, you will feel like you are working with a long time friend who wants the absolute best for your special day.

If you are looking to hire a wedding coordination team, please do yourself a favor and look no further. You will not be able to find anyone who is as dedicated to making your wedding day dreams come true.

Sent on 04/09/2020