Savannah Riverboat Cruises Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Nona
    Nona Married on 11/30/2019

Wonderful time

We had an amazing night for my reception in the Nook Room. Staff was amazing, food was amazing. Everyone enjoyed their time on the Riverboat.
    Jill Married on 09/17/2016
    My partner and I were very pleased with the service provided by this venue. They were great with email communication for a destination wedding, there were no surprises with the final balances, and they made making changes to the menu, etc very easy. My ONLY complaint, is that they had staff members going table-to-table during the reception trying to sell the souvenir boarding photos to my guests during dinner. We had specifically declined that package upgrade during our reservation process and I thought it came off as tacky that my guests were being solicited to make an additional purchase. Other than that, the value is great, the food is amazing, and the staff took care of EVERYTHING. Would absolutely recommend this venue!
  • User2572360 2+ years ago
    When my son and future daughter in law decided on a destination wedding, I knew I was in deep trouble. Finding a place in your home town is stressful enough. But having to find a place you have never been I thought would be impossible. I wanted something memorable, fun, and entertaining for all ages. So to the internet I went. I found Savannah River Boat Cruises. I called and spoke with a wonderful woman. (Who was from Knoxville, my home town). Ms. Bridwell informed me of everything they had to offer, the cost and everything that would be needed to accomplish our event. Every month to the day she followed up to make sure everything was going to be to our liking. Even the day of our rehearsal dinner, she called and said everything was on schedule. She was there waiting on us as we boarded. Everything from the cruise, the food and the staff was exceptional. Our waiters Charlie and Peter waited on our every need.. Plus threw in their blessing to the future newly weds.
    If you are in need of a venue for a wedding or rehearsal dinner. Give them a call. You will not regret it.
  • User2432925 2+ years ago
    We hosted a "First Christmas" wedding shower on the second deck of one of the riverboats. Bailey is an exceptional coordinator. She was attentive to my needs and made the event enjoyable for all guests, inlcuding the hosts! The food was delicious and the crew was delightful. I would happily work with all members of the Savannah Riverboat company again.
    Karen Married on 10/16/2015
    My husband and I thought the Riverboat was a perfect place to have our Son's rehearsal dinner, since most of the brides family and attendants, were from out of town. We had our Son's rehearsal dinner aboard the Savannah River Queen, on the upper deck in the VIP Suite, which we were able to have up to 36 people. We met with Bailee, our Events coordinator, who helped us with all of our decisions. We sat down and planned the menu with her and wanted to include seafood as well as a few Southern dishes. The food was absolutely delicious. Carved Prime Rib, Shrimp and Grits, Conch Fritters, Fried Chicken, Savannah Red Rice, Mac and Cheese, Collard Greens, Seasonal Fresh Vegetables, Salad and for desserts, Banana Pudding, Turtle Cheesecake, Peach Cobbler and Fresh Fruit. The employees set it up so nicely, from the buffet, to the tables with linens. We did not have to do a thing. We were able to get access to the room a couple of hours before our guest had to be there, to decorate. We loved being able to step out on the deck as the ship was going down the river to enjoy each others company and get to know everyone. With most everyone traveling to get here, it was a way for everyone to relax before the wedding, the next day. The weather was perfect, the food was perfect , and it could not have been any easier for us. We were able to entertain and not worry about a thing. Bailee and the crew took care of every detail. I would do this all over again in a heartbeat.
  • User2150293 2+ years ago
    Bailee was our coordinator for my daughter's wedding and she was amazing!! Everything was in high standards, the food, the pics, Lucia our server most of all Capt. Thornton!! Five stars!!!
  • User2227328 2+ years ago
    Had our wedding and reception aboard the Georgia Queen! Couldn't have asked for better! Bailee was the BEST at helping plan the wedding and coordinating the day of. We didn't want to leave the boat we were having such a good time! We planned the wedding from out of state and this was by far the best way to have a wedding where your guests are entertained and the details are taken care of for you. We will be going back to celebrate our union aboard the GA Queen!
    Carmella Married on 04/24/2015
    My wedding coordinator Bailee was amazing. I told her what my vision was, and she made it happen!
    Heather Married on 10/04/2014
    We had a ceremony and reception at this venue. It was amazing to have several things done for us since we did a destination wedding (we are from Florida). The food was amazing and the DJ was great. Anna (our contact/wedding coordinator) was sweet and accommodating.
    Amanda Married on 08/04/2014
    LOVED working with Ashley at Savannah Riverboats! Our guests had a blast as we danced up on the top deck. The food was amazing, and they worked with our DJ to make our experience even better. Loved our friendly bartender, and we can't wait to go back and visit again. Highly recommend!
  • User1652392 2+ years ago
    Anna Swanson was formidable. I kept asking myself why people stress over planning a wedding, then after the wedding I realized...not everyone had Anna as their planning coordinator and not everyone got married at Savannah RiverBoat Cruise.
    Chrystal L. Event on: 04/12/2014
    We had our destination wedding and brunch on the boat and it was perfect!! Anna, the wedding coordinator really made our wedding so memorable for me and my guests. Can't wait to go back to savannah and then the riverboat on our one year anniversary!!! Oh and the food was so good too!!!! The captain married us and it was the perfect final touch.
  • F
    Frankie R. Married on 02/14/2014
    We originally thought about a beach wedding, but we are very glad that we decided on a “last minute” elopement on the riverboat. Captain Carl performed our ceremony, just the two of us, with Anna capturing the moment, right before everyone began boarding for the beautifully decorated Valentine cruise. We were so excited! Anna was wonderful, the DJ was fabulous and the food was delicious. We loved everything!
    Anne Married on 12/14/2013
    My daughters wedding was not on the boat but we had the reception here . Food was amazing. DJ was very good. Service was wonderful. My guests had so much fun they didnt want to leave. I would recommend it to anyone.
  • Y
    Yasmeen Married on 11/10/2013
    I really enjoyed the opportunity to have my wedding on the Savannah Riverboat Cruises- "Georgia Queen". I could not have been any more satisfied with this vendor. The event planner "Anna" was great! They provided great services. They have different options to best meet your desires for whatever kind of wedding you want. I loved the Elegant Ceremony Wedding package! The price was very reasonable. And it was worth every last dime. The dinner menus options were another plus. We chose Savannah on my mind which included fried or backed chicken, bourbon glazed peach pork lion, collard greens, Savannah red rice, macaroni & cheese, plus more, just to name a few. The food was cooked to perfection! Good job Savannah Riverboat Cruise Chefs!!! Food and service was great! Then there was the DJ, he was a character that made the reception so much fun. He made jokes, he played music that kept the crowd. He was easy and fun to work with. With that being said, "Our Wedding Rocked!" Thanks Savannah Riverboat Cruises for making it possible!!!
  • User1374845 2+ years ago
    Best decision we made was having our daughter's wedding reception with Riverboat Cruises in Savannah. Everything was great.

Savannah Riverboat Cruises's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It was truly an honor to host your daughter's wedding! Best wishes to the new bride and groom!!
    Harold Married on 04/20/2013
    Anna Swanson was the person that I contacted when we decided to have a river Boat wedding ,She made everything happen just a planed . I would recommend her to anyone that was going on a riverboat cruse .

Savannah Riverboat Cruises's reply:

Thank you Harold. It was a pleasure working with you and Ana to make your wedding weekend just as you wanted it.
    Katie Married on 04/12/2013
    We loved having our rehearsal dinner on the River Queen! It was a pleasure working with Anna and all of our guests enjoyed themselves!
    Terri Married on 03/23/2013
    Anna & Staff are absolutely fabulous. It rained the morning of our wedding and the event was moved indoors and it was absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend Savannah Riverboat Cruises. We received top notch service from the beginning to the end. I didn't have to worry about food, decor, DJ, or floral. The all inclusive price and being near the water was truly a blessing. If you want a stress free wedding the Riverboat is the best place. I am still in amazement as to how smoothly everything went and the genuine love we felt from Anna & The Savannah Riverboat staff.

Savannah Riverboat Cruises's reply:

Thank you Terri! Congratulations again, and may you and Gurdine have many years of wedded bliss!
    Dwan Married on 10/13/2012
    We enjoyed the experience. Our guest were very pleased with the venue. The staff were all professional and great to work with. Reservation arrangements were excellent. Communication was excellent too. I would definitely refer others to this vendor and can't wait to visit this venue again!

Savannah Riverboat Cruises's reply:

Thank you Dwan for your recommendation!
    Diana Married on 10/11/2012
    I was very pleased. Staff was great
    Penny Married on 09/01/2012
    I was very satisfied with savaannah riverboat company. Anna and staff were wonderful. The service was great! The food was awesome! Our wedding was beautiful. We couldn't have expected anything more. Thank you team!!!!

Savannah Riverboat Cruises's reply:

Thank you very much Penny! Congratulations on your 1st anniversary!!
    Eyra Married on 06/02/2012
    Anna was GREAT and I will recommend without hesitation. I live in texas and planning my son's rehersal dinner in Savanna without knowing the city was a challenging task, but Anna Swanson really made the difference. Thank you!!

Savannah Riverboat Cruises's reply:

Thank you for your recommendation Enya. We enjoyed meeting you and working with your sweet family for your son's wedding!
  • User1340104 2+ years ago
    My wedding planner Anna Swanson was AWESOME!!! Even my family who met her just on the day of the wedding thought she was so kind and cool!! I would recommend her to everyone who decides to have their wedding on the riverboat cruise she fantastic!!

Savannah Riverboat Cruises's reply:

Thank you so much! We love what we do and making your day special is what we are here for!
    Nakeia Married on 05/07/2011
    Nothing but satisfied with my service with savannah riverboat company. My guest LOVED the reception. Karla was amazing to work with and really made my vision come to life. The food was great. Dennis and the rest of the staff where more than helpful. Many of my guest say that was the best reception they have been to.

Savannah Riverboat Cruises's reply:

Thank you! We are glad your guests will remember your wedding for years to come!