Saratoga Springs Reviews

38 Reviews for Saratoga Springs

• Kristina

Kristina White · Married on 10/10/2020

Simply amazing

Two and a half weeks before my wedding the park I was supposed to get married in shut down due to fires. This was one of top places to get married, and they were originally booked. We emailed them and they were available! Jennifer, Olivia and Sam were so incredibly responsive. I sent like multiple emails a day for two weeks and they always got back to me super quick, like faster than I expected. They did such a good job managing us. (Something you need so incredibly badly on your wedding day.) The venue is beautiful and well taken care of. I cannot tell you enough about all of them to do it justice.

Sent on 10/12/2020

Kristen Wells · Married on 07/19/2020

Amazing experience, everything went smoothly

tl;dr We had an amazing experience at Saratoga Springs. Despite happening in the middle of a pandemic, our wedding went perfectly! All of our guests were very impressed at how smoothly everything went and the large, outdoor venue made social distancing easy!

We were married in Cathedral Grove on July 19, 2020. We scheduled a tour with Jennifer in the summer of 2019 and she gave us a wonderful tour of the venue. Cathedral grove absolutely took our breath away. The venue is nestled in a magnificent redwood forest with beautiful lights strung throughout the trees. Jennifer then took us behind the ceremony site where there was a small bridge that crossed a winding stream. We immediately felt like we had been transported to a hiking trail in Big Basin State Park. Because of our love of outdoor adventures, this venue immediately felt like the perfect fit for us and the ideal place to start our married life together. We also wanted our dog by our side at the wedding, so it was a huge added bonus that Saratoga Springs is dog friendly!

As the wedding approached, we met with Samantha to start planning the details of the wedding. We both felt quite clueless about planning a wedding, so Samantha’s guidance was invaluable. She helped us think about what decorations would be needed (and how to keep the decorations minimal and low-effort), how to decide on food, and what types of activities to plan to ensure all guests remained happy and entertained throughout the event.

Unfortunately, soon after this meeting, our wedding, like so many others was turned on its head. Just before the SS showcase, Santa Clara instituted stay at home orders. Olivia and Samantha immediately reached out indicating that they would need to cancel the showcase and would keep us updated if they could reschedule. Of course, they were never able to reschedule, but throughout the uncertainty of the shutdown, they stayed in touch to ensure we were up to date on what was allowed. They also were very flexible and offered to roll our entire deposit to a future date.

As our wedding date approached, we decided to still get married, but in a much smaller ceremony. We reached out to Olivia and Samantha and they immediately responded that they would start looking into how to make the event still happen. In the month before the wedding, we were in constant contact with Olivia and Samantha, watching the state and local regulations and planning how to have a safe celebration. A few weeks before the wedding, Olivia called to go over the precautions taken by the venue to have a safe celebration. She worked with us and found a way to still safely serve appetizers when guests could not serve themselves.

Because we were the first wedding during the pandemic, we expected some parts of the day to be a little rocky, but were pleasantly surprised when everything went perfectly! Olivia and Samantha immediately met us at the venue and made sure we had everything we needed. Because we didn’t invite anyone who wasn’t in the wedding, we had opted to skip a rehearsal, but Olivia encouraged us to do a walk through immediately before the ceremony. I’m definitely glad we did! The ceremony was beautiful and did not feel awkward being so small.

Following the ceremony, we were immediately served wine and the appetizer table opened. Our guests went to the table as family units and the staff put together plates consisting of all the appetizers. This approach to serving the appetizers made it feel very safe and still let everyone enjoy a cocktail hour. During the cocktail hour, the staff often checked on us to make sure we had enough food.

Dinner was also excellent! We had more than enough food and all of it was amazing. There were multiple salads, garlic bread, pasta, chicken and steak. Again, they made the food feel very safe. They transformed the buffet into a serving line where you could ask for anything you wanted from all of the amazing servers. They had dedicated many members of their staff to making sure the food was served safely. They also made sure we could still have the fun traditions (like the cake cutting) without breaking any of the COVID precautions.

Throughout the day and evening Olivia and Samantha continuously checked in to make sure we were doing okay, had enough food, and were aware of what was happening next. We didn’t need to have our own schedule because Olivia and Samantha were on top of it! We were very impressed with how smoothly everything went and how kind and professional everyone on the Saratoga Springs staff was. There was never a time that we couldn’t find Olivia or Samantha if we had a question and there was never a time that people at the wedding started feeling bored or wonder what would happen. Overall, we were incredibly impressed with the entire process. We were able to have the wedding of our dreams despite all the current uncertainty. Thank you Olivia, Samantha, Jennifer, and all the Saratoga Springs Staff!

Sent on 08/02/2020

Rohit · Married on 01/07/2020

Gorgeous venue, Amazing Staff

We hosted a small wedding at Saratoga springs in July based on the recommendation from one of our family members. He had previously attended a friend's wedding at Saratoga Springs. The place is really beautiful with Redwood trees, streams and a bridge. Both me and my wife loved the venue the moment we saw it.

However, the biggest challenge for us was in planning the wedding with the ever-changing covid guidelines and obvious constraints on number of people, catering etc.
    Jennifer did an amazing job in working with us and with the vendors in figuring out the updated pricing, what's allowed to be done etc. We were able to hold a small Indian wedding with all the decorations at less than a month's notice.

In our run up to deciding on Saratoga, we had seen a few other outdoor venues as well but they weren't as pretty or adaptable to the new circumstances. Also, having talked with Jennifer, we trusted that we would be able to work with her to respond to the ever-changing situation and there were indeed quite a few things that came up.

The wedding was a great success and everyone attending in person or on the livestream loved the setup and the venue. Would highly recommend the place.

Sent on 07/29/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/11/2019

Amazing Venue!

The staff was absolutely amazing and accommodating! All the setup was perfect and beautiful.

Sam was amazing! She was great at giving advice during the planning process. There were a few things that we ended up changing due to her recommendations and it ended up working out even better! She also was great during the wedding with a great personal touch of offering us something to drink when we sat down to eat. The attention to detail was really appreciated!

We loved Max (the DJ)! He was absolutely great at reading the crowd and keeping the party going! He even let me DJ a little haha

We had a blast and the weather was perfect! We got only amazing compliments on how beautiful the venue was!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Carissa

Carissa · Married on 08/09/2019

Best day of my life!

If you're looking for a beautiful outdoor venue with amazing staff, look no further than Saratoga Springs! Our wedding was perfect, from first point of contact with Jennifer, to constant email communication with Olivia, and finally with the amazing service from Sam G and Kristen as my day of coordinators. Jennifer was great at explaining everything included in the price and any additionals we could choose to add. Olivia was great at answered any nagging questions I had about little details, especially leading up to the day. Kristen and Sam G were amazing day-of coordinators. They really knew what they were doing! I didn't worry about anything at all on the day because of how coordinated they were with absolutely every detail. You will not be disappointed with their service! Finally, all the amazing staff that served appetizers, dinner, and drinks were all so nice and helpful!

The venue itself is so beautiful. We got married in Cathedral Grove and I was speechless walking into the venue with the amazing decor and setup. It's definitely very versatile and can fit anything from a casual to more elegant setting. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Aimee Khuong · Married on 07/20/2019

Jen and her team are awesome!

Saratoga Springs was one of the best decisions we made when wedding planning. Jen (and her cute dog) took us on a tour of Cathedral Grove and we fell in love with the intimate and magical feel of the space. Jen and her team were so organized and made our wedding planning process so easy. Sam and Olivia are amazing to work with and were very responsive to all of our questions and addressed all of our concerns. They do a ton of events throughout the year and are pros at their jobs. My husband and I trusted them to execute the details of our wedding and everything turned out perfectly on our wedding day. All of our guests raved about the venue and loved the little details that we added - minimal florals (we didn't need much because Cathedral Grove is nestled between trees and a creek), a photobooth bus, and the fire pit with smores. Thank you Jen and team for making wedding planning such a breeze :)

Sent on 10/03/2019

Jing Fu · Married on 07/07/2019

Married between tall redwoods!

After I got engaged, I immediately started searching for the perfect wedding venue. I dreamed about getting married in an outdoor venue where both the ceremony and reception would be held between tall forest trees. The Cathedral Grove area at Saratoga Springs was the perfect venue for my summer wedding in July 2019.

What you need to know is that while the site fee was on the lower side, everything was essentially a la carte. The only things that the site fee covered were the twinkling lights, tables, and coordinators for the day of. However, the cost overall spent on the venue (i.e. table setting, additional wine barrel tables, chairs, etc.) was good for a Bay Area wedding. The DJ and photobooth had to be booked through the venue, but everything else you could choose outside vendors. My husband and I chose Saratoga Springs to cater the food and drinks… We had the chicken & tri-tip package with all you can drink wine & beer. It was perfect for the venue and we received compliments from guests on the food.

My favorite parts of the venue were the babbling creak, the area behind Cathedral Grove, the long picnic tables, and twinkling lights. Shout out to Samantha, Olivia, and Jennifer who made the special day possible. I adored the venue and the customer service provided by the staff was excellent! Thank you, Saratoga Springs!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Jarah

Jarah Magan · Married on 06/29/2019

Best Venue in the Bay Area!

Thinking back on my wedding there are two decisions I made that I am 100% positive were the best choices. The first is marrying my husband and the second is choosing Saratoga Springs as our venue. I mean this so sincerely, Saratoga Springs is the best venue in the Bay Area. It is beautiful, our guests are still talking about how incredible the area was, and the people who would there are top notch. Every single employee is kind, helpful, welcoming and talented. My husband and I are so happy with our choice to have our wedding there, and if you are currently choosing a venue, do yourself a favor and pick Saratoga Springs. I promise you will not be disappointed in any aspect of your wedding, it will be everything you dreamed of, and more!

Sent on 04/15/2020

Hallie Kraus · Married on 06/23/2019

Our guests were in awe and the staff was invaluable

I was an indecisive bride, but both my husband and I knew without a doubt that we wanted to have our wedding at Saratoga Springs from the minute Jen started our tour. It's a breathtaking venue, of course: it provided the exact setting in the redwoods that I was hoping to find. But it also came with an invaluable team of staff members that supported us as we planned our big day.

Sam, Olivia and the rest of the planning team have hosted hundreds of weddings and are happy to patiently walk you through the process of putting your wedding together. They were very communicative, answered every one of our questions promptly, and were honest when we got decision fatigue and simply asked for their opinion! They were also extremely accommodating. We explained early on that my father-in-law has limited vision, and expressed some concern that he'd have trouble getting around the venue, so the staff allowed him access to one of their golf carts at no extra charge. It turns out he didn't end up needing it, but that simple gesture meant a lot and put our minds at ease.

We took advantage of Saratoga Springs' catering, and Sam and Olivia also handled the rentals for our glassware, linens, and arch - which meant we were responsible for very little set up. Our day of coordinator and waitstaff made everything run smoothly during the wedding itself, and even when there was a minor mistake (one of the beers we had chosen to serve wasn't available), they voluntarily, and quickly, processed a refund for us.

Perhaps most memorably, our guests were in awe of the venue and still talk about what a gorgeous setting it was. I'm so glad we chose to bring our families together in such a special place.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Sam Kim · Married on 06/15/2019

So beautiful!!!

We have been told non-stop that our wedding was the best that our guests have attended yet, and some adjectives that have been used are: fairytale, fantastic, magical, etc. The venue looked so stunning when I entered to walk down the aisle, I was so pleased. We had a blast!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Amy

Amy Vanderlaan · Married on 02/11/2019

Perfection!

The process of planning our wedding in 6 weeks was a lot to take on - especially from another state. We picked Saratoga Springs for a variety of reasons and honestly at first we were a little frustrated with the per item prices BUT the staff was very helpful in giving us quotes and being flexible with our requests. They were quick to respond and very eager to help.

The rehearsal was so easy and the staff managed it all! The day of was a breeze! I was really impressed with how smoothly everything ran and how well everyone worked to make the day happen. Thank you to the entire staff - it was a spectacular day and the only reason we were truly able to pull this off with only 6 weeks was because of all of you.

I highly recommend Saratoga Springs for a wedding - they made our day perfect!

Sent on 11/12/2019

A · Married on 10/06/2018

We had our wedding at Saratoga Springs in early October in Cathedral Grove. The venue was beautiful! From start to end, the team at Saratoga Springs was professional and organized. We would have our wedding here again in a heartbeat. Lindsey was our day of coordinator and she was knowledgeable and addressed everything quickly. The food was fantastic, especially the tri tip, and the guests raved about the food. We couldn't hear the other wedding in Long Bridge from our location at all. The staff were professional and super helpful! We highly recommend Saratoga Springs for weddings!!!

Sent on 10/13/2018

AARON · Married on 09/08/2018

This was actually our last stop on our venue hunt & we already had settled on a place actually. So when we visited this venue we were not expecting much at all & it ended up being perfect.

The place is family owned & has multiple spots within their location to tie the knot depending on your guest size. The also have tons of parking for more than 1,000 people if I recall correctly. If you have any need to help older folks or people who have walking problems you can ask for a cart to help drive them up from the parking area too. They also have a lot of options for decorations, seating, drinks, vendors & such so it's pretty much all inclusive for the most part. The cake vendor Jen's Cakes was a hit with everyone & it was super delicious so go with them. The DJ Maxwell & his team pretty much do this all the time & it was pretty easy to work with them throughout the planning, go with them as well.

Some other things that were cool were the in-person meeting to go over all parts of the wedding, the wedding fair you get invited free of charge to try out all the food/drinks/vendors & the spot you chose within the venue, & how quick they were to respond with everything. Also, this may sound like a negative but Saratoga turned it into a plus.. They got hit by a sound ordinance & also a ban on sparklers cause of all the wildfires in California (not their fault) during our planning. The venue could have easily said that these are the changes & unfortunately we have to abide by them and that would be it, but they didn't. The ended up giving not just us, but everyone options to add things from their list of options free of charge and comp'd some items we had as well and even went as far as to re-organize the timeline as well. This really showed they care & understand the importance of everything, which is something I feel lots of folks don't do. We are extremely happy with everything and how it all went. Hats off to Olivia, Samantha and everyone!

Sent on 09/20/2018

corie · Married on 08/12/2018

Saratoga Springs was the perfect venue. All their staff goes above and beyond to make your day special. Every guest we had gave so many compliments to the venue, the food and the overall wedding.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Michelle Rae · Married on 06/25/2017

Saratoga springs is an amazing place to have a wedding. The venue itself is breath taking. All of our guests loved how this outdoor wedding didn't even feel like one. Every little detail on their part was well taken care of. Working with Olivia in the beginning stages was so easy. She made sure all of our questions were answered and all our needs were taken care of. Our day of coordinator given by the venue was Freddy. I didn't know what to expect, but what he delivered was amazing. He made sure we got everything from our timeline and took care of all of my mother's concerns the day of the wedding. The waiting staff was absolutely fantastic as well. The food and house alcohol were great, our guests loved they they were able to serve themselves throughout the ceremony and reception. I couldn't have imagined a better place for our wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/09/2017

Everything was perfect on our wedding day! They coordinated it all and I didn't have to help with anything. The whole process with them was so easy! The staff is so kind and helpful. They even gave us heaters to use when our wedding day was unexpectedly cold. The whole venue was gorgeous and our wedding was better than we could have ever imagined! Love this place!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Victoria · Married on 10/01/2016

Beautiful location - set in the forest and they take care of everything! One of the advantages of working with Saratoga Springs is that they've done hundreds of weddings and have it down to a science! They took care of practically everything all I had to do was track payments and deadlines for decisions on my own. On the day of I had friends as my wedding coordinators and they worked great together. Everything went so smoothly!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Nathalie · Married on 09/11/2016

I had always dreamed of having a fairy tale wedding in the forest, inspired by The Lord of the Rings, but wasn’t quite sure how I could make it work without spending more money than we were comfortable with. We had looked at venues in both my hometown of Montreal, Canada, and my fiancé’s current location, the Bay Area, and we were getting worried that we wouldn’t be able to find anything. That is, until we discovered Saratoga Springs on Wedding Spot, and we were so glad to find it. It’s an absolutely beautiful campground nestled in the redwood forest in the South Bay, a perfect balance between being out in nature and having the convenience and comfort of a modern establishment at a surprisingly affordable price. We planned much of our wedding from across the continent, and were so happy to have Saratoga Springs take care of so much of our wedding for us: catering, most of our rentals, alcohol, games, decorations. They even allow you to book a DJ and rent spectacular lighting through them. It just made everything such a breeze! All our guests couldn’t believe how gorgeous and magical the venue looked. We had fairy lights hanging from the redwoods and uplights shining on the beautiful stone bridge, which made for a one of a kind backdrop to our big day. Everyone at Saratoga Springs was also so helpful and available to help in any way they could. If you’re looking for a beautiful outdoors venue in the Bay Area that allows you to build the exact wedding of your dreams, but also takes care of a lot of the heavy lifting, Saratoga Springs is definitely worth a visit! We’re so happy we chose them for our big day.

Sent on 01/02/2017
  • F

Mara · Married on 09/04/2016

Everything went amazing on our wedding day. The team at Saratoga Springs does an amazing job. I would recommend this venue to anyone. The food is delicious, the staff are incredible, the price can vary depending on your vision and style but whatever direction you go, I think you definitely get your money's worth. You can rent anything from them and they will set it up for you. I did a lot of DIY to keep our budget down and hired helpers through them so they set everything up for me. It all looked beautiful and went off without a hitch. Saratoga Springs knows what they are doing and it's a great venue.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Latesha · Married on 08/21/2016

Let me start by saying the ladies who helped us were amazing! Jennifer was the first person we connected with, she was very informative and answered alot of my initial questions. Olivia was our Planner and she was awesome, she met with us and was extremely patient with me, I thanked I changed napkin colors 3 or 4 times. Our wedding was on August 21, 2016, and the weather was awesome. This is an outdoor wedding so don't make sure you have citronella candles, we needed them in August. Once the Sun went down the bugs weren't a problem. It was a bit cool at night so I advised our guest to bring a sweater or jacket. It was so beautiful, we selected Cathedral Grove and it looked Amazing with the lights on and the decorations. Samantha was our day of coordinator and she ROCKED! She shuttled us around on my fiance and I wouldn't see one another during the before wedding pictures and it went great. My only wish is that the food was left out a big longer and it was delicious, I wanted more. It seemed like it was taken away so quickly. Overall, everything was perfect! That's what we Brides hope for and that's what my Husband and I got! Totally recommend.

Sent on 09/18/2016

We were married here in July and it was the PERFECT place for a dreamy wedding in the woods - the trees kept the South Bay summer heat away, the bistro lights (provided by the venue!) offered the perfect amount of glow, and the natural beauty of the setting was just what we were hoping for. Everyone we worked with was super nice, and we had a fabulous experience.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Sheila · Married on 06/27/2015

What can I say? The place is absolutely gorgeous. We first met Jennifer and she showed us around and gave the general info about Saratoga Springs. After we paid our deposit and signed our contract, our go-to lady was Diana and she was awesome. She was flexible, she was on it at every given time, she responded to us promptly, and she made our wedding day as smooth as it could be. I am very thankful to have been blessed with a beautiful venue and their amazing, hardworking staff.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Kimberly · Married on 05/03/2015

Our guests couldn't say enough about how beautiful our venue was and how good the food was to eat! Saratoga Springs was easy to work with, completely flexible to last min changes, and budget friendly for a beautiful day without breaking our bank! Kelsey was our personal hostess and took care of so much... helping when my bustle broke! making sure our kids had drinks when they ran out and taking care of all timeline details so we just had to show up and have fun!!! Also, our pictures were magical because of this gorgeous redwood forest!!! We even have a few friends looking at Saratoga Springs for a family reunion!

Sent on 08/01/2015
  • Nancy

Nancy · Married on 05/25/2013

Where to begin? From my initial search and Jennifer's helpfulness with tours and information, to Mimi who took the reigns as my planner, and Katie who was the wedding day coordinator, their professionalism was A+. They are so seamless and organized, but also have a laid back approach where I did not feel stressed or pressured. They even threw in last-minute items such as extra chairs (on the day of the ceremony).

We were married at Redwood Grove, right by the beautiful creek, and they have installed a lawn, which was a perfect place for the ceremony and dancing. The food was amazing!! Sometimes wedding food can be so-so, but it was not the case. Everyone raved about the steak and chicken, which was grilled onsite, to the delicious sides such as vegetarian chili and potato salad. Accommodating guests with a variety of dietary preferences is no easy feat, but they accomplished it well. I can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Brooke · Married on 09/01/2012

My husband and I could not have been more pleased with Saratoga Springs for our ceremony and reception venue! For the nine months leading up to the wedding, I had a lot of questions and it’s possible that I actually did email Mimi every week- each time she got back to me right away and thoroughly answered each of my questions. She was experienced, friendly, professional, and worked with me to keep everything within our budget.

The site could not have been more beautiful- we were married in a redwood grove surrounded by trees with a stream running along side. There were plenty of places on the grounds to take formal photos, plenty of parking for our guests, and beautiful lighting as night fell. We loved the communal feel of the long picnic benches. In a word, it was perfect.

The one thing we were initially concerned about was the food since we were hoping for something a bit fancier, but the food was delicious! We received many compliments from our guests, had plenty of food, and the staff that served it were very friendly and courteous.

I can’t speak highly enough about the wonderful people who I worked with at Saratoga Springs that made our day so special.

Sent on 09/24/2012