45 Reviews for Sarah Whitmeyer Photography

Digital Files (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Prints (1)
Proofs (1)

Sarah did a wonderful job at our wedding. There was a thunderstorm and she was calm and collected throughout the entire process (which helped keep me calm and collected!). She was kind and upbeat and our guests frequently told us how much they enjoyed having her as a part of the wedding. She worked so hard on the day and was also very easy to communicate with before the day. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Gabby, 5/20/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

On my wedding day it rained, I got stung by bees, and all other hilarious and unexpected things happened and Sarah rolled with the punches and made me feel beautiful and just perfect. Working with Sarah was truly a dream. She was professional, calm, supportive, and put everyone around her at ease. I would recommend her and her team without reservation.

Profile Picture Anna, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the whole process! The professionalism, comfort, and fun she brought to our wedding day was perfect. Our families can be divas sometimes, but Sarah kept them on schedule while capturing all of our precious moments that day. She went above and beyond Stu and I's expectations! The open communication throughout the planning really put me at ease. I felt relaxed and confident during our photo shoot time thanks to Sarah - she even gave us a quick sneak peak of our pic while we were shooting, and AMAZING! Sarah is a true professional and any couple would be lucky to have her be a part of their big day!

Profile Picture Rachel , 8/6/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amazing to work with! We had such an amazing experience with Sarah and her team! Thanks again for making our day so special!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was great to work with and is a very talented and creative photographer to boot! She was well prepared to capture our moments both posed and candid, and the photo booth we had as an add on was a terrific hit.

Profile Picture Pixie, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was fabulous and so much fun to have involved in our ceremony. Lovely pictures. We also had the photo booth and it was a great addition to a fun reception!

Profile Picture Janie, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
1.4

My opinion of Sarah as a person is that she is a very, very friendly young woman; very upbeat. I will say that based on her website, it is clear that she has done some nice work, but I was extremely disappointed with our experience & the results. The photography, lack of professionalism, and lack of communication was not impressive and lacked the quality I had hoped for. Granted, some of that trickles down to the bride/groom not communicating as well as expected. But, I believe if you are going to market yourself as professional wedding photographer, then one needs to be able to bring all of that in together - which clearly she was unable to do. Maybe after a few more years, she will be more seasoned and be able to read things better. I also believe she could have done a better job of scoping things out in advance so the pictures could have had nicer back drops at the gardens/reception. We were led to believe that she did, but considering the outcome of the photos, it is doubtful. I would have rather had 100 quality pictures than 1,500+ marginal ones. Other than that, a very nice person. When I relay her name to people, I caution them to stay on top of her.

Profile Picture User7011013, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Obviously the photography speaks for itself but Whitmeyer Photography has a way of making you feel completely comfortable while they are shooting your wedding. Sarah and Rachael shot ours and I cannot express enough how wonderful they were! Thanks guys!!!

Profile Picture Mackie, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah is everything positive that has been said about her on this site - to include her assistant. If you can't work with them you may wish to seek counseling. J Poland, Father of the Bride!

Profile Picture User4472515, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

To set the stage, I was a groom that was dreading being ordered around and having his picture taken all day. I can't express how much my fear didn't match up with the realities of the day. Sarah and her assistant Rachael were amazing. They put me at such ease and made it so I could feel normal and natural taking photos with my beautiful bride and our wedding party. They setup an amazing reveal / first look for us in a picturesque setting that made it incredibly special and intimate. They captured every part of the day beautifully, from the major moments of the ceremony to the small moments I shared with my now wife. I can't recommend Sarah enough, she certainly made our wedding a much more enjoyable experience and provided us with beautiful memories for a lifetime.

Profile Picture Ian, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah has to be hands down our favorite vendor! Sarah did such a wonderful job taking charge and getting the posed photos that we need but then her candid shots are perfect! Sarah's photos are breathtaking... I mean wow!

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/19/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was in her element! She is incredibly talented and found spots to shoot our wedding pics that we never would have thought of! You will love her work. She's passionate about making your special day go smoothly, and she's committed to creating lasting memories you'll have for a lifetime. She's flexible, easy-going, and quick to find a solution when something unexpected comes up!

Profile Picture Stepfanie, 1/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah was awesome to work with. She was quick to email or call back whenever I needed her and she did a great job listening to me to make sure that our pictures reflected our wedding, silly and romantic. I would use her again in a heartbeat!!

Profile Picture Elaine, 10/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't recommend Sarah enough! She was friendly and professional leading up to the wedding, and on the day of we couldn't have been happier with our selection. Her final work product was incredible quality with the artistic flair that we wanted. She also had a great way of dealing with people dynamics at the wedding and was fun to have present as part of our day!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Sarah was a true Joy my Husband and I are so happy that she was such a big part of our wedding and captured such precious memories. I will definitely use her for any photography needs our family may have in the future.

Profile Picture Emma, 9/15/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Being a perfectionist my husband & I flew down a year before our wedding to meet with different vendors & fell in love with Sarah as a person & her photography. I was featured in a magazine spread in 2012, and the same National Magazine is featuring our September 2013 wedding-so there was pressure to find the best photographer in the Asheville area! Her prices were wonderful and what I really love is that she gives you a disk of all of your edited photos. Living in the NJ/NYC area & planning our destination wedding for over a year, Sarah was responsive & communicative via email & text & was happy to help in suggesting vendors in the area (side note if anyone needs a videographer her suggestion was WONDERFUL-Envision Event Media (Taylor Hellhake) was phenomenal!) Sarah has every couple complete a questionnaire in regards to the type of photos you are looking for and names of family members etc. a month prior to the wedding which I found very helpful & she carried out all of our requests. It means a lot to have a pleasant photographer who is easy to work with, not intrusive & makes you as well as your family members & friends comfortable-which makes it easy to capture “moments” instead of poses. A bride who paid MUCH attention to every little detail which I appreciate being captured, Sarah took it to another level by capturing loving/funny moments that are sentimental to us looking back on our special day. A few weeks after our wedding she posted a blog with about 50 photos-the final edited photos took about 8 weeks to edit & post. Upon booking we knew it would be 8 weeks-I was just a bride very anxious to see all the photos & getting very antsy, but in the end it was worth the wait & couldn’t be happier with our photos & we appreciate Sarahs hard work during our wedding weekend & beyond. I am so pleased with our final photos & would recommend Sarah to any bride in search of a photographer!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/14/13, 6 Reviews
4.7

Sarah was amazing and really listened to what we wanted. So much talent!

Profile Picture User3920737, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah was awesome to work with and the pictures turned out beautiful. It takes a while to receive all the photos, but she does all her own editing and is up front about the time frame from the beginning and it is totally worth the wait. We hope to use Sarah again for future special occasions.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/17/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah and her team were EXCEPTIONAL - I seriously couldn't have asked for anything more. They captured our wedding perfectly and were there to catch every moment, from hair & makeup to our sparkler exit. I loved having two photographers so that they could get more of the wedding.

HIGHLY recommend!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah Whitmeyer was not only our photographer, she became a friend to our family. Sarah came in a took all my worries away on my wedding day. She was always early to each event with a smile on her face. It was evident that she loves her job of photography. Sarah is not only a wonderful person, she is also an amazing photographer. The images she captured will be forever in our hearts as we reflect on our special wedding day. Sarah captured moments that i didn't remember until I looked through all the photos. If you are looking for a fun, honest, reliable, caring, professional that takes amazing photos, you should have Sarah Whitmeyer as your photographer!

Profile Picture Mindy, 5/11/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah is a wonderful and talented photographer! We have had so many compliments on the quality of our wedding photos and how well she captured the day and all of the special elements. These pictures are a treasure and we will cherish them for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/20/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah is awesome to work with. Couldn't have asked for a better person to keep me relaxed. She was with me from the Bridesmaid Luncheon to our final exit. Our pictures are amazing. She captured so many great moments along with all the shots we talked about. Photography was one of the most important items for me and I couldn't have been more pleased.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 2/2/13, 6 Reviews
4.2

Sarah is great! She could work on her communication, but she is great as a photographer.

Profile Picture User2369341, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Erin was an absolute pleasure to work with at our intimate wedding at a private home - she had great ideas for photos on the spot, was very flexible and had a gentle way about her with the kids that were present. Sarah worked with us on time and pricing given that we weren't doing a traditional big wedding which we really appreciated. Thanks so much ladies!

Profile Picture Erika, 10/20/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was wonderful to work with and the pictures are amazing. She is really great at capturing those little moments that you may miss because they day goes by so fast!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/22/11, 1 Review