86 Reviews for Sarah Tew Photography

Custom Graphics (1)
One Event/Day (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Flush Mount (1)

It is an understatement to say that Sarah's work is phenomenal. From our first meeting through the wedding to the days after when she gave us an amazing sneak peek on Facebook of our photos and then when we got all our proofs, we were blown away. Sarah listens to every request you have (no matter how silly or hard), covers every little detail and then takes the most beautiful photos to capture the important moments of the wedding. Sarah is sweet, caring and professional and we are so happy she was our wedding photographer.

Profile Picture Stacey , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah was a total rock star! She is so talented and fun to work with, and she went above and beyond in many ways. My husband and I are thrilled with our wedding day photos as well as our engagement portraits. Sarah has an amazing eye for composition and lighting, and for capturing fleeting moments in a way that is both artistic and personal. We're so grateful that she was our photographer!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Wedding Portraits

Sarah was such a pleasure to work with in every way! She is extremely responsive, organized, creative, warm and her work is amazing. We love our photos and enjoyed working with her immensely.

Profile Picture Erica, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can’t say enough great things about working with Sarah. After seeing her work and then meeting with her in person we were very confident about our choice to work with Sarah, and then she exceeded our expectations even further. She is extremely talented in her photography, we received just short of 2,000 photos and we loved every one of them.
Sarah captured every detail of our wedding, and incredibly special moments of us and our family and friends throughout the wedding. We felt like she really got to know us as a couple and I can’t wait for the next big life event where we can call Sarah and have her capture it. The turnaround time that it took to get our photos back was incredible! The day after the wedding Sarah sent us photos already to look at and shortly after coming back from our honeymoon we had all of them! She understands the importance of the details and leaves nothing to be missed in her overall package before, during and after the wedding occurs.
She was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to everyone that I can.

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah was an absolutely amazing photographer. From the first day I met her in the city I felt an immediate connection and so comfortable with her. She did our engagement photos which all were unbelievable and we used for the save the date. Sarah captured so many beautiful moments in just a few hours and gave us endless options to choose from. As far as the wedding was concerned, sarah managed to get photos of everyone and every moment. The wedding packages that she has are also amazing and include so many wonderful extras! I would highly recommend Sarah for a wedding or any special occasion that you would want beautiful moments captured through photographs!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Custom Graphics, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

We could not have picked a better photographer for our wedding. Sarah Tew was phenomenal! She was kind, caring, thoughtful, and more to the point, incredibly talented at photography. We loved every minute working with her and would do so again in a heartbeat. She comes to life behind the camera and is amazing to see in action. Everyone commented on how perfectly she navigated the reception (present at the right moments but not overly present). And the photobooth was a giant hit! We are so, so pleased and HIGHLY RECOMMEND her! We plan to work with her again for other occasions in the future.

Profile Picture Maya, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was a dream to work with!! She made us feel at ease during our engagement shoot and was super organized on the day of our wedding. Her photographs came out better than I could have ever imagined. She is super creative and put together the most amazing package of deliverables after the wedding. We never felt rushed and knew that we were in good hands. Could not recommend enough!

Profile Picture Shanna, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah Tew is an AMAZING photographer and we could not have been happier with everything she did for our engagement photos and our wedding day!! From the first meeting, Sarah was so easy to work with and connect to. She made it a very enjoyable experience and was very accommodating, as we also brought along our 9 month old daughter to our first meeting, and she included her throughout the process and in the photos perfectly. She goes above and beyond to surprise you along the way which adds a special and personal touch. She is great to communicate with, very responsive and professional and keeps you on track to meet the timing needed - both planning via email and during your special day. She also worked with me on a "rain day" scenario once we found out it was going to rain all day on our wedding and the indoor & outdoor photos turned out great! I would highly recommend working with Sarah Tew for any of your upcoming events or special occasions. She is wonderful to work with and creates beautiful photos!!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah Tew is the absolute best! She's so incredibly talented and the wedding pictures came out more beautiful than I could have every imagined!!! On top of that, she is a dream to work with. She was so professional yet so caring and made sure every step of the process was easy and enjoyable. I am SO grateful that my friend recommended her to me and I now tell everyone I know you MUST hire her - it was the best decision I made!! (Besides marrying the groom, of course!)

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah is by far the absolute BEST!!!! She was our wedding photographer for our October wedding at the Roundhouse in Beacon, NY and she was amazing. When we were at our wedding venue we were looking through pictures that they had from other weddings and all of her pictures kept standing out to me. I told my husband that we definitely needed to get her as our photographer if possible since I knew I would just fall in love with her pictures of our wedding like I was with all the other pictures I saw her take of everyone else's weddings. This was even before I knew/found out that she had been my sister-in-laws photographer too! Small world! My sister-in-law and her husband had a wonderful experience with Sarah so that gave me even more confidence in our choice to book her and I am beyond happy that we did!!! The quality of her work exceeded our expectations! She is incredibly professional. She responds to emails, calls, texts, etc. within the day (usually within minutes/hour). Sarah is incredibly prepared. She makes sure she has everything covered the day of the event. She asks for all of your input way in advance to ensure the day runs smoothly for you and there is no stress since you know your memories/pictures are in fantastic hands!!! You can tell she takes lots of time putting together your wedding package filled with prints, USB of pictures, books with photobooth and wedding pictures, etc. It is all beautifully put together along with a great website where you can view pictures ahead of time and also get prints made of pictures you want as well. It is all above and beyond what other photographers do based on feedback from married friends of mine. Our families and guests also commented how professional she was and how apparent it was how experienced of a photographer she was. She got a huge family group shot (over 50 people) assembled and done in minutes. She made it looked effortlessly and the pictures are some of our favorites! We recommend Sarah to everyone!!!!!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/15/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Thank You Cards, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Slideshow

Sarah Tew is amazing and choosing her as your photographer will be the best investment you make for your wedding. Each picture she takes is a work of art. She is extremely professional and organized throughout every step of the process, from pre-wedding day prep, planning out your timeline, making sure she knows what pictures to capture, to day of your wedding party. She is on top of everything! Leading up to your wedding day (and even after), Sarah will respond to any questions promptly and is there to lend her professional advice to help you in making your day perfect. Her attention to detail in both capturing the most special moments of your wedding, as well as her ability to manage the logistics that go into wedding day pictures will make your life SO easy!

Sarah’s patience and calming presence helped to ease all of my wedding day jitters. For many, it can be awkward getting your picture taken, but under Sarah’s instruction you feel relaxed and natural. Sarah’s ability to capture the natural beauty of your special day is truly a gift.

I'll say it again, choosing Sarah Tew as your wedding photographer will be the best wedding related decision you make!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah is absolutely fabulous - as a person and as a photographer! Her attention to detail is unmatched and her response time is unbeatable. She is an absolute pleasure to work with pre-wedding, during the wedding, and post wedding and her photos are gorgeous. We truly couldn't be happier and would recommend her without hesitation!

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah is exceptional! She shot my wedding in September '16 and loved the images she captured. She goes above and beyond simply shooting pictures. Her pictures are works of art. She's extremely detail oriented and a pleasure to work with. I will be recommending her for years to come. :)

Profile Picture Christopher, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What can you say about someone that captures still imagery, but fills them so full of movement and color and vibrancy and feeling that they seem to come alive? About a photographer so professional and courteous she responds to your emails -- including initial inquiries -- immediately? That indulges along with you in quirky little details and revels in capturing them? That turns around amazing photos of your special day in lightning speed and with a few surprises for you along the way?

You say that she is the Best Wedding Photographer EVER.

Sarah is an amazing photographer and an equally amazing person. She was referred by a friend and we chose her for her bright, colorful documentary-style photography, especially her amazing ability to capture the reception. Don't underestimate how hard this is to find; a lot of photographers we researched were great during the day but showed diminished quality after the sun went down. For our summer outdoor wedding with a barn with a discoball, getting the night shots was key. And she more than delivered at every point along the day, from the getting ready shots all the way to a sparkler send off; she even managed to capture a very special, intimate moment when my new husband carried me off piggyback into the sunset that we will cherish forever.

Her photography floored us as it brought to life the emotions of the day in a very real way. She was equally talented at capturing some of the more traditional photos of family; her versatility is unmatched.

While the photography speaks for itself, Sarah is just the kind of person you want with you along this journey: kind, thoughtful, patient, engaged, responsive (so much so!), flexible -- we even decided to have her stay an extra hour on the spot and she didn't flinch.

There isn't enough space here to fully convey how special Sarah is. BOOK HER IMMEDIATELY! It will be your best decision for your wedding yet. Promise.

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/2/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Slideshow

We heard good things about Sarah through mutual friends who had previously used her. From the moment we reached out to schedule an introductory meeting, we knew she was going to be our photographer. Sarah is incredibly responsive, answering all our questions, from the big ones to the annoying.

Sarah was extremely well prepared, helping us ensure the day was well planned and in terms of photos, we knew what was going to happen when. She drew up a preliminary schedule well in advance, allowing us time to make the necessary changes. No stress at all in the planning, which led to no stress on the day of.

While Sarah's professionalism shone through with all the preparation that goes into planning a wedding, her photos came out amazingly! We did an engagement shoot with her several months before the date which really helped build up our rapport as well as gain confidence in front of the camera. She has a great eye for small details, such as turning a little this way, or angling an arm differently. At the same time, she is not pushy and very easy to work with.

While we have been a bit slow in selecting our wedding album, this is not because of Sarah's work. She had all the photos ready in around a week and sent a lovely care package to our new apartment with a full proof book, some selected shots, and a very cool 3D photo viewer.

Overall, Sarah was an excellent and amazing choice for our photographer and no one will be disappointed if they hire her.

Profile Picture Ethan, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Could not recommend Sarah Tew more! She is not only an extremely talented photographer, but an absolute pleasure to work with. We booked her for engagement photos as well as wedding photos and we were absolutely blown away by the final product. Sarah is very accommodating with any and all requests (leading up to, during, and even after the event) and is very responsive/easy to work with. Sarah goes above and beyond for her clients and you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture J, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Choosing Sarah as our photographer among the top of all of the decisions that we made when planning our wedding. We chose her because we loved her work that we'd seen and because of her relaxed and friendly personality. She's incredibly professional, so organized, and extremely responsive over email. She was on top of everything during the wedding day. For example, she made it a point to ensure all photos of family/friend combinations were captured. Her easy-going nature made us instantly comfortable in front of the camera, and the shots that she captured were incredible. They're absolutely beautiful - her way of capturing color is particularly amazing. We could not be more thrilled with the way that the photos turned out and would recommend her to absolutely anyone.

Profile Picture User6858405, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah is unbelievably talented. I have had nothing but wonderful compliments on our wedding pictures. From our first conversation on the phone to the last email I have enjoyed every interaction. Getting pictures taken with her was exciting and if it weren't for time schedules I would have loved to take more.
First, Sarah is great at answering her emails. She usually responds from within a few hours to a day at the latest. She is extremely nice and energetic over emails.
She's funny, and is still very professional. Her creativity really shines when she is in her own element.
At our wedding, Sarah and her team were on time. Also, Sarah and her assistant worked really well with our videographer. We interviewed many photographers and videographers and they refused to work with one another at the same time because each would have different ideas of how to take shots. Sarah is very professional and is also really fun to be around. Everyone at our wedding was complementing on how great of a person she was and she was very patient with everyone when taking group shots when the kids would not stay still. Like other reviews, we can't stop watching the highlight reels/photos. They are simply wonderful! We haven't seen all our photos yet, but we are very excited for when we can!
Everyone looks fantastic in our pictures and he captured so many unexpected moments. You would feel lucky to have her take pictures for you!

Profile Picture Wayne, 5/1/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Sarah Tew did an amazing job photographing our wedding. She was always prompt, professional, and flexible. We loved her photos and she did a great job capturing both the formal and fun aspects of our ceremony and reception. We would absolutely recommend Sarah for shooting your wedding or any other occasion. She's the best!

Profile Picture Sally, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, High-Res Images, Slideshow

It's not difficult to say how amazing Sarah has been. From the initial consultation, she not only amazed us with the beauty and quality of her work, but also put us at ease in a time of chaos. Of any single component of our wedding planning, we had no worries about the photography after meeting Sarah. She was extremely patient, creative and spontaneous during our engagement shoot ensuring we had some unforgettable photos. This only got better on the day of our wedding, when somehow, she was the perfect creative director, project manager and ninja all at once. She not only kept us organized and on schedule, dare we say, almost like a wedding coordinator. Her approach is meticulous. But, you find out why, when you see the results. Our friends and family have raved about how great the photos came out. Significant and forgotten moments alike, she captured the occasion so well. And, without divulging any industry secrets, she surprised us with her ultimate delivery of the photos and files from the event. She really went above and beyond any expectation we had. We HIGHLY recommend working with Sarah if you are so lucky. She's a great talent and wonderful person. Here's a sample from our wedding: http://www.sarahtewphotography.com/blog/brooklyn-wedding-prospect-park-boathouse/#

Profile Picture Paras, 9/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Sarah is such a talented photographer and such a pleasure to work with. After an engagement photo shoot in Central Park, my husband and I were extremely comfortable with her and knew we loved her work. The day of our wedding, Sarah arrived and was so easygoing, yet she seemed to be everywhere, getting pictures of every little special moment. She truly cares and her work and about the couples who she photographs. Even my husband told his groomsmen not to worry because Sarah would give them all little hints to make sure they look perfect... which she did for everyone! Not to mention how quickly she works... we woke up the morning after our wedding and Sarah had already posted a "sneak peak" of our photos on Facebook! She is truly one of a kind!!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 7/11/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah is not only a talented photographer, but she is also a true professional. In the months leading up to our wedding she was extremely responsive and answered any and all of our questions. On our wedding day she was organized, and kept us on a schedule, without being pushy, and the pictures came out great - we were able to get all of the family shots we wanted. When my grandmother wasn't available to take pictures before the ceremony, Sarah remembered later on in the evening to get some shots of us together. During the reception Sarah and her assistant Ryan managed to take amazing shots without getting in the way of the party. Wedding photographers do not get often receive the credit they are due and Sarah really deserves it. Her packages are a great value too and we really feel like we got really got our money's worth- if not more!

Profile Picture Christine, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I would recommend Sarah to anyone. She was worth every penny for my June 2015 wedding. From the moment I met her, my husband and I were impressed by her composure, professionalism and unique style. When we signed the initial contract, we felt confident that she would not only produce fabulous photos but also maintain an unobtrusive presence during such a hectic day.

We were absolutely correct with our initial assessment of Sarah. She was incredibly responsive during the planning process. I never had a single doubt about her abilities. During our engagement photos, she got us comfortable with posing for pictures and turned around the files with record speed, happily obliging to any requests we had to enhance or print the photos.

During the wedding, she was in control while managing a very large wedding party and family. She made sure that she got pictures of everything we wanted, which is a huge advantage on such a busy day.

Sarah quickly turned around a preview of pictures that night and then sent us more and more while we were on our honeymoon. Shortly after we returned, we had the full disc of files and a few extra goodies waiting for us.

If I could give Sarah 6 stars, I would. When I have the next occasion for photos, I would hire her again without question.

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

There are a ton of reviews telling you what an amazing photographer Sarah is, and you can see some the visual proof online. The one thing you wouldn’t know unless someone told you is that Sarah is also thoughtful and intuitive and that these are characteristics you definitely want in your wedding photographer. I didn’t realize how important that was until I saw the photos she took of our wedding where I knew the involved parties. She really put the emphasis in the right place. If you hire Sarah, all the best candid shots will be of your favorite people, and the moments she captures will be the moments you wanted captured, the moments you missed because you were too busy elsewhere. We really don’t know how she did it. Her photos make it look like she was everywhere at once, but she was so unobtrusive that we hardly remember her being there at all. She also took amazing portraits of every couple there, which meant that we had a really special gift to give everyone along with the thank you cards.

Another other benefit of hiring someone thoughtful is that your couple portraits will make the best possible use of your location in ways you hadn’t considered and will also perfectly reflect the tone you were shooting for. For example, our wedding had a bit of a vintage flair, and so Sarah took a great Mad Men-like shot of us coming out of a revolving door and another one of me with a very cool and vintage-y backdrop, a little nook of the hotel where we were that I hadn’t noticed or thought about when I was thinking of photo locations myself. It also just so happened that you could see the Empire State Building in the background on this certain street we had to cross in order to get to the ceremony location, so she got a great shot of us crossing the street with it in the background.

All of which is to say that we are VERY happy we hired Sarah. It was a bit of a stretch for us cost-wise, but we ended up being very happy we didn’t go with someone else.

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/30/15, 1 Review