43 Reviews for Sarah Culver Photography

Photos
High-Res Images (4)
Negatives (2)
43 Sarah Culver Photography Reviews

I'm so grateful that we were able to have Sarah as our wedding photographer! She is INCREDIBLY talented and so gifted at capturing special moments that are beautiful and artful without feeling contrived or forced which was extremely important to me. And just as notable, she is a pleasure to work with. We planned our wedding on VERY short notice (it was one of the great miracles of our wedding that she was even able to make herself available) and we had a extremely tight timeline for taking photos before the ceremony. Through all of that, Sarah's kindness and calming presence helped me and my husband relax and enjoy what could have been a stressful 45 minutes. As a result, I have fond memories of that portion of time because we were able to have fun and it definitely shows in the photos ... it's hard to hide stress from the camera! Lastly, while she's sure to cover your list of must-have photos, she also has great intuition and found ways to capture intimate or subtle moments with people that have a special place in our hearts. Some of my favorite photos were candid shots of my 4-year old niece and my husband who have begun their own love affair (it makes me melt!) and me with my 90 year old grandmother who almost couldn't make it to the wedding.

So if you have the opportunity to have Sarah as your photographer, DON'T HESITATE... I wouldn't have wanted anyone else capturing our memories on such an important day and it's her I'll be going back to for other milestones in our lives!

Photos
Profile Picture Kelli, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah's photography was simply one of the best investments we made for our wedding. She's friendly and calm and professional, made us feel at ease when neither of us have any experience being photographed, and seemed almost invisible during our ceremony (in a good way!). Our wedding photos captured every emotion and so many thoughtful angles that it was nearly impossible to try to narrow down our favorites to frame or include in an album. They are beautiful and perfect. I really can't describe enough how meaningful her photography was to remembering our day, or how lucky I feel that she was able to work with us.

Profile Picture User7866908, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was phenomenal. She made myself as well as the rest of the wedding party/guests feel at ease and relaxed. our wedding day consisted of clouds and rain but Sarah did such a great job that wouldn't even know it was a gloomy day from the pictures. Sarah had amazing ideas of how to make our pictures turn out perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/8/16, 1 Review
4.7

Sarah captured our wedding beautifully and authentically. Multiple people used the word "ninja" to describe how unobtrusive she and her assistant were throughout the day. She was somewhat on the pricey end of photographers we looked at but we knew from the outset that photos were a high priority item for us and her work was well worth it. I She was very professional and I think her work really speaks for itself.

Profile Picture User7646838, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah Culver was wonderful to work with! Her pictures were beautiful and she listened to our needs as a couple. She worked with us to ensure we received full coverage and all of our priority family and friends were included in our final photos. We received both engagement and wedding photos in our package and it was well worth the price, wonderful value for the beautiful photos. The only issue we ran into was how long it took to receive our final photos but her skill and style appeared in all of the final photos we ended up with.

Profile Picture User7268726, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images

Sarah is a professional photographer in every definition available. Her poise, demeanor, assurance, and confidence made me and my FH relaxed and able to enjoy the whole wedding day experience. She was responsive, and listened to our wishes. She even scoped out our location the day before for great shots. I knew the pics would be amazing, but honestly they were better than amazing. Each picture she took shows the joy and personality of ourselves, our guests and she somehow captured all these emotions in a picture. Her photos bring an instant smile to my face and brings me right back to the day. She is absolutely the best and you will not be disappointed in even one picture that she takes. She is truly gifted!

Profile Picture Abbey, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We cannot praise Sarah enough. She photographed our wedding in May and we are absolutely in love with her work. From our first meeting, she was incredibly professional and organized. She was a calming influence throughout our planning process and on our wedding day. Our family and friends are still talking about how beautiful our photos are. She captured so much of the love and joy that we felt on our day. Her work is magical. We can't help but smile each time we look at the photos. We are incredibly grateful to have worked with her.

Profile Picture User7477142, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah photographed our intimate courthouse wedding and the pictures are absolutely stunning!!! We chose Sarah based on a few Pinterest photos we saw, and asked her to be our photographer immediately. When we changed our wedding date, she changed her schedule to accommodate us. She captured every moment of our wedding beautifully. She carefully coordinated our arrival at the courthouse so that she could photograph our very first moments and even scouted out a blooming tree a few blocks from the ceremony that she knew would be essential for a romantic photo set. It was a magical day and we feel it was more special with Sarah photographing it.

Profile Picture User6627856, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah did a spectacular job of bringing our courthouse wedding to life.

Profile Picture Nicole, 2/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah photographed our October 2015 wedding at Howard County Conservancy in Maryland.

We had already ended a contact with another photographer who photographed our engagement shoot before we found Sarah. Unlike many other wedding photographers who insist on posting your photos everywhere as a means of advertising their services, Sarah was incredibly respectful of our desire for privacy and allowed us to keep our photos to ourselves. She also took the time to really inquire about which poses and angles we didn't feel as comfortable with, to make sure that we loved the photos she captured.

On our wedding day, having Sarah around was like having an old friend nearby. She helped troubleshoot some dress issues I had on the day of, was thoughtful and attentive to our timeline, and captured images that were just...stunning. We had numerous inquiries after our wedding as to who took the photos, because of the way that Sarah just always seemed to be able to capture an image of people that really demonstrated their spirit and joy. It was such a wonderful day, and I'm so glad that we have these beautiful photographs to remember it by. Thank-you, Sarah!!

Profile Picture User6714649, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I first learned of Sarah's amazing photography talent when she shot my cousin's wedding a few years back at the Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna, VA. I remember her taking these interesting candid shots, focusing on the smaller details and embracing the realness of moments rather than ones that were posed for or staged. I could see, even then, that she had a wonderful eye. Needless to say, when I got engaged I knew she had to be our wedding photographer. I sat down with my cousin that following weekend and once again looked over all of her wedding photos. They looked so full of life and just overall completely stunning. I demanded her contact info, which my cousin happily handed over. Over the many months of wedding planning we talked back and forth several times and she was sure to ask me several important questions about the big day. From specific shots we wanted, to figuring out how many group shots we needed, she was incredibly professional and easy to work with. When the big day finally arrived she was flawless. As soon as she arrived she jumped right into it, taking wonderful candid shots as well as several gorgeous staged shots. She was very gracious when asking to step in a take some shots while I was getting ready, and made everyone feel very comfortable. Later on she was able to take several wonderful shots of the ceremony and looking back many people wondered how she was even able to get such full and perfect views! They all came out beautifully. Throughout the rest of the night she pulled us away for several artistic shots that came out amazing, some of those are my absolute favorites. All in all her work speaks for itself. She has such a wonderful talent and really knows what she's doing. We put a lot of trust in her, not giving her too many ideas of what shots to take and she delivered what we wanted and so much more!

Profile Picture Mariam, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I waited to review Sarah only because I wanted to be able to fully communicate how amazing she is. Her photos are just stunning -- and neither my husband or I are at all comfortable in front of the camera. But her photos are natural and beautiful and totally captured our day in a way that brought back all of the emotion in an amazing way. Everyone I have showed says they are among the best quality they have ever seen and I agree. It's definitely photojournalistic but thats what makes them so great.
Beyond that -- she is just a consummate professional. It rained on my wedding day and she stayed calm and supportive and in command. You wouldn't know from the photos that anything had gone awry. She made everyone feel comfortable and melted into the background during the event. I just don't know how I can express how much she just made my wedding day. I really would not hesitate to hire her again and would just be grateful that she was available.

Profile Picture Ana, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images

Only the highest praise for Sarah. Biggest thing that sets her apart is that her photos are art- not just your regular wedding pictures. Amazing use of outdoor light. She captured countless candids that were beautiful. During the wedding she was like a ninja, we never noticed her but she got shots of everything. She was flexible with her time, staying an extra hour which really helped us out. And her email communication was always timely. She's on the higher end on for price. But when comparing my pics to other friends who have recently gotten married, they all say they wished they had gone more high-end and artistic with someone like Sarah instead of mid-range and average. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture User4940752, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Negatives

I cannot speak more highly of Sarah and her beautiful photographs. I honestly believe her work is the kind you might see in a photography exhibit- such beautiful, stunning images that capture the heart and soul of the moment. Sarah's photos are breathtaking and she made me feel so calm and assured from the moment my fiancé and I met with her on our first meeting. Finding the right photographer was so important to me seeing as this would be the only physical piece from our wedding we would have to remember it by and I know from the moment we met that Sarah could be trusted with such an important and deeply personal task. She was so professional and responsive and got our photos back in a very timely manner. I can't recommended her services enough - for those who are able to book her- count yourself extremely lucky!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah is so sweet and talented! We had our engagement photos taken with Sarah in DC. Her photojournalistic style turned out exactly as we had hoped. We love the saturated colors of her work and the use of natural light. Sarah offers great knowledge about photography, but is also willing to work with your ideas. She is responsive to requests and got us our photos quickly. She even went the extra mile when my fiance wished to see more of the shots she'd taken during our session. Thank you, Sarah! We will love our photos forever!

Profile Picture Melanie, 2/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah is amazing! I really can't speak highly enough about her -- she is extremely talented and very easy to work with! People tell us constantly that they have never seen wedding photos like ours -- which is exactly what we wanted. She was like an angel you never caught a glimpse of on the wedding day but that managed to capture a ton of fun, happy, and sentimental images. I love her work and can't wait to hire her again (and refer a ton of people to her)!

Profile Picture Bridgitte, 1/9/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Negatives, High-Res Images

PERFECT! We hired Sarah to photograph our courthouse wedding in Washington, DC. She was everything you could ask for in a photographer at a special event -- punctual, polite, funny, informed, ready with instruction (but not bossy). She did a phenomenal job of capturing the feeling of our ceremony but without intruding even the slightest bit. Our portrait session was a breeze with Sarah helping us with our posing. We are so happy with how the photos turned out -- she has a fabulous creative eye! Even after the event, she was attentive and went above and beyond. I made an error when ordering prints and she quickly emailed me to bring the issue to my attention and correct it. Professional, pleasant, responsive and reasonably priced and with great results -- I would absolutely recommend her!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah is WONDERFUL! You will be stunned at how beautiful your photographs are, I highly recommend her. Our family and friends are all raving. What makes Sarah unique is her ability to really capture the "feeling" of your wedding in a way I haven't seen many other photographers do. Looking through our photos is like being transported back to that night. We didn't have a videographer and honestly I don't feel like we needed one simply because Sarah did such a great job capturing all the moments. She also does a great job of being very respectful during the ceremony, fading into the background and being very unobtrusive, while still capturing great shots. I love that my photos capture both my reactions and joy, but also the joy from our guests. Sarah captured all the important people in our lives so well.

Profile Picture Libby, 7/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was absolutely fantastic. My husband and I were nervous about the whole wedding photo thing, as we're not very used to being in front of a camera. Sarah made us incredibly comfortable, both during our engagement shoot and the wedding photography. Everyone was so impressed with her photos, and how she worked to get pictures of everyone relaxed and enjoying themselves. Her photos weren't overly filtered and are just beautifully composed. She captured the ambiance of the farm we were married on perfectly. She was incredibly friendly and professional, and helped me with figuring out my timeline when I called her panicking! I would absolutely recommend Sarah to everyone for any photography service that you might need.

Profile Picture User4346629, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely love our wedding photos! My husband and I have only great things to say about Sarah and are very glad we chose her as our photographer. On the day of the wedding she was very professional, flexible and prepared. She gave good instructions to the bridal party during the portrait shots, which I found helpful. Leading up to the wedding she asked a lot of good questions, so that she could gather what we were looking for. I spent a little more on the photographer than I originally intended to, but you really do get what you pay for. Her photos are high quality and she does a good job of capturing friends and family "in the moment".

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/17/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah photographed our small wedding in Washington, DC in May. During the event she was wonderful-- very friendly and enjoyable to be around, with an amazing ability to remain inconspicuous during the intimate moments. Her photos are amazingly beautiful and poignant, both the posed ones and all the events and activities. She seems incredibly skilled at capturing people in just the right moment, as well as capturing the feelings and emotions that are taking place. My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with the photos from our wedding.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 5/10/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah is amazing! She was extremely professional and was a very calming influence on me amid the wedding-day chaos. As someone who dreads being the center of attention, she did a great job at keeping me relaxed and reminding me to smile! And I could not have been happier with the finished product. Her photography style truly captures the story of the day, as she has a way of catching those little moments of pure, genuine happiness. Everyone who has seen our wedding photos is extremely impressed with her talent, and I am so happy that we picked her to capture such an amazing day in our lives!

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/3/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah did an exceptional job with our wedding pictures. My wife and I had a very small wedding in Easton, MD, and Sarah provided a very unstressful, enjoyable experience. She did her homework before she met up with us, picking locations around the town that she thought would make great pictures, and, sure enough, she was right. The pictures turned out to be amazing. She really captured the joyful mood of the day and was able to include the look and feel of the town as well. She was very comfortable to work with and provided direction throughout to help ensure the photos turned out well. She also really captured some great candid moments. Our families were also very pleased with the pictures and had positive comments. Throughout the process leading up to the wedding, Sarah worked with us when we were planning the event. She was very responsive and flexible throughout the entire experience. Overall, it was a great experience with a great end result. We would certainly recommend Sarah for anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Profile Picture Jeremy, 3/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I 100% recommend working with Sarah Culver for your wedding photographs. Your photographs will turn out beautiful. I was very worried about how my husband and I would look in our photos because neither of us are particularly comfortably in front of the camera and because I didn't love my wedding hair and makeup, but we could not be happier with Sarah's photos. She somehow made everyone look great. In addition, Sarah is a true professional. She was very responsive to my inquiries prior to the wedding. The day of the wedding she arrived early, and had even scouted the area on her own for places for my husband and my portraits. Sarah's photographs were the biggest expense of our small and intimate wedding, and they were worth every penny.

Profile Picture User3558921, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have to say that after a wedding, a marriage ceremony, concludes the best gift to walk away with is beautifully documented moments. Sarah has a way of capturing the feeling of an event. My memories of our wedding coincide with the moments captured on camera and I'm confident that these photos will carry my memory into the future. Sarah is intentional about narrating a story, and knowing whose story she is telling. Her organization and presence is unobtrusive, while also providing necessary shots and covering details that wedding party and family won't want on their minds.

Profile Picture Lissa, 8/17/13, 1 Review