Sarah & Ben Reviews

Sarah & Ben 5
Sarah & Ben 6
Sarah & Ben 7

Brittany · Married on 01/20/2018

Bottom Line: Hire Sarah & Ben; they were right up there with my venue for being THE BEST vendors we hired throughout our wedding planning process.

I could honestly go on and on about Sarah & Ben, but I want to make sure I provide all of the information you need to hire them. So, I'll start with the basics/tangible things that made hiring them such a fantastic choice. They are organized, professional, super responsive, and help guide you throughout the entire process. They make it perfectly clear that they know exactly how to shoot a wedding, including how much time each thing needs to get it just right, and making sure that all of your photos are absolutely stunning. They don't overprocess or over "filter" things. I honestly feel like the images they curate are true-to-life, there's no weird sepia/orange/too bright colors in anything. If you want to see photos that recreate the day of your wedding, this is the look to go for. They are also extremely outgoing, charming, and charismatic. So, if you (like me and my now-husband) have not spent much time in front of a camera, they put you at ease (they tell you where to put your hands!) and make you genuinely laugh throughout the session. This is why their included engagement session is so important, you get used to how to pose for the photos so that it looks like you're NOT posing.

Finally, the biggest and most important and most intangible part of working with them and seeing the images they created is the feeling they give me when I look at them. It's honestly the best thing to have "left behind" after all the wedding stuff is over. In essence, the images that S&B created are priceless: what else is there to say?! Hire them!! :)

kristen · Married on 01/14/2018

Sarah & Ben make an excellent team! I found them online and what originally attracted me to them was how snazzy their website was! When we video chatted with them to meet them, they were so friendly, kind and professional. Leading up to the wedding, Sarah & Ben were great at communicating with us and we felt like we were in good hands. Sarah & Ben understood how we wanted our photos without us even really having to explain it - that's how good they are. Our photos turned out beautifully and we're so proud of show them off to our family and friends. We would highly recommend Sarah & Ben for your wedding photographers - I promise their work (and Sarah's infectious laugh) will keep you happy you did!

Amanda · Married on 12/16/2017

I cannot put into words how absolutely amazing Sarah and Ben are. From the day that I first reached out to them, I knew THEY WERE THE ONE! They were so responsive, so helpful, so kind and so so talented. I didn't have photographers following me around on my wedding day. Instead it felt like I had two friends sharing the day with us. Both our engagement session and wedding photos were so much fun. They made us genuinely laugh and enjoy every moment. Following my wedding day, I had so many guests commenting on how fun my photographers were, and how amazing my pictures turned out. Each "sneak peek" I was able to share on social media meant that I was flooded with comments and messages about how amazing my pictures were.

Sarah & Ben 8
    Sarah & Ben 9

Kathryn · Married on 11/18/2017

In our initial skype conversation, it was supposed to be about business, but we ended up just laughing with them for about 2 hours about TV shows, our dogs, and just life in general! They are so personal and really open up which helps you feel more comfortable. Leading up to the engagement shoot, Sarah and Ben reached out to us with advice, recommendations to look our best, and answered ALL of our questions. For the first few photos, you kind of feel out of place and aren't sure what to do, but they help navigate you through poses. Since they are pretty hilarious and witty behind the camera, it helps to lighten the mood and make you look "less stiff" in photos - basically you end up having a lot of fun with it, even if you are camera shy! There are times that I just was so beside myself with their collaboration vision and how they would read eachothers minds. For the wedding, I was in complete shock when Sarah and Ben emailed me of a minute by minute timeline of our entire DAY! Another amazing thing that they did that sets them apart is they asked for "MUST HAVE" photo groupings of extended family so they could take the photo and let your family enjoy cocktail hour. When my wedding photos came out, it literally brought me to tears at work when I saw them. I had no idea that they could tell the story of a day like that, but I felt as if I were reliving my wedding again through each photo. Sarah & Ben know how to capture you and your spouse, to where you can pass these photographs down from generation to generation and they will remain timeless. Every one of their photographs captured the love, energy and excitement that you experience on that day and touches other people that couldn’t be there to experience it with you. All those details that you spent HOURS planning for will be remembered, thanks to Sarah and Ben. I will never forget them because of their amazing work, humor, ability to control my CRAZY wedding party the day of, and make your special day effortless

Sarah & Ben 10
    Sarah & Ben 11
    Sarah & Ben 12
    Sarah & Ben 13
    Sarah & Ben 14
    Sarah & Ben 15

sam · Married on 10/21/2017

There are so many amazing things to say about these two it is truly hard to know where to start. I was planning my wedding remotely and am not from the Tampa area and by some miracle found Sarah & Ben on a wedding website. From the second I reached out to them, they were friendly and warm and so responsive. We had a skype call for our first meeting and it became clear that Sarah & Ben are not just photographers, but kind people who are invested in doing anything they can to help make your wedding process special. Sarah went back and forth with me several times to help me pick the perfect locations for our engagement sessions. My husband and I are not typically comfortable in front of a camera, but they made us feel completely at ease and helped make the process enjoyable. Leading up to the wedding, I noticed I was relying heavily on Sarah for wedding-related advice, basically making her my photographer and wedding planner. They went above and beyond and always made me feel like no request was too much. On our wedding day, Sarah helped coordinate the timeline and they even drove my husband to our wedding venue after we had to make a quick back-up plan for our first look. She also helps everyone pose in a flattering way, which I now think about whenever I take a picture!

The quality of their pictures is phenomenal! Everything was timely and more amazing then I could have expected. Every detail was accounted for and they caught moments I didn’t even remember. After receiving the pictures, I became useless at work because I couldn’t stop looking at them and I pretty much sent them to everyone I know . Sarah & Ben are two people who love what they do and I absolutely loved every minute of working with them!

Sarah & Ben 16
    Sarah & Ben 17
    Sarah & Ben 18
    Sarah & Ben 19
    Sarah & Ben 20

Emily · Married on 05/07/2017

I still can't seem to find all the words to describe just how grateful we are to Sarah and Ben. Our wedding was such a special day and we appreciated all of our vendors, but let's be biased here, Sarah and Ben were the best decision we made. I say that because they are so much more than phenomenal photographers, they are phenomenal human beings. When looking for a photographer, my first stop was to stalk photos from our venue. I wanted someone who could capture the stunning beauty of the place and at the same time, the FEELING of a wedding day. When I saw their photos, read their reviews, and their own love story, I was hooked. Sarah called and right away I got a great feeling from her over the phone. She was lovely and answered my many questions. After our engagement photos, we were both so excited for our wedding! We worried about feeling uncomfortable in front of the camera, but by the end of the day, we felt like models (and we're NOT). No surprise, the photos came out beautifully. The wedding only exceeded our expectations. Sarah and Ben were a dream. They were communicative, organized, professional, and captured some absolutely unforgettable moments. Our first look is one of those very special memories. Not only did they capture the moment and the emotion, but Ben saved the day when my veil decided it couldn't handle all the crying and tried to fling itself over the balcony. He simply put his hand up and caught it mid dive! I was so impressed by how they coordinated with our other vendors and really helped keep the day on track as well. After dinner, the sun was setting and once again, they gave us one of our favorite moments from the day. Sarah asked, "How would you like to capture your first sunset as a married couple?" The answer was, "Of course!" I would have never thought to schedule that in the day, but that's why Sarah and Ben are so good at what they do. They found the moments we couldn't have planned for. Thank you both so much! We love you!

Sarah & Ben 21
    Sarah & Ben 28
    Sarah & Ben 29
    Sarah & Ben 30

Camilla · Married on 02/18/2017

I knew the moment I saw Sarah and Ben’s work that I found the one. It was love at first sight. Some people worry about the dress or the venue location the most. I on the other was terrified about taking pictures at my wedding. I feel like Chandler from Friends smiling at the camera and feel distraught when people take more than two picture of me. But Sarah and Ben kicked me into shape. Sarah had me laughing, posing me and made me feel comfortable during the engagement session and wedding. I think the best part about them is see the love they have for each other while they work and how silly Sarah is. They also got the stamp of approval from my mother-in-law, who is impressed with nothing and a perfectionist. So, overall, Thank you Sarah and Ben for capturing my love story and making every wedding photo breathtaking and beautiful. I will always use you guys in the future for additional photography. Absolutely love you guys.

• Allie

Allie · Married on 11/19/2016

We are pretty sure Sarah & Ben are actually magicians with some serious camera skills. Let us explain.

1. They read each other’s minds. Legitimately. From our very first meeting with Sarah and Ben, we knew we wanted them to spend our special day with us. They sat there drinking their coffees and finishing each other’s sentences like it was TOTALLY normal. (PS: It wasn’t. It was way cooler).

2. They read YOUR minds. They spend your ENTIRE wedding day one step ahead. Whether you need your veil to fly for the most perfect picture (thanks Ben!), or you are getting nervous and need Sarah to bust out in song and dance... they are on it. You don’t even have to ask. They just know.

3. They disappear. I’m totally serious! As good as they are at being RIGHT THERE when you need them, they have also perfected the magic of disappearing when you need them to (ie: when you’re wrapped up in a 3 minute long hug during your first look, or when you are walking down the aisle to make your forever promises). You’d never know they were there... and somehow they still get the most amazing pictures.

4. They cure photo-phobia! Sarah and Ben INSTANTLY (from the very first picture of our engagement session) calmed my photo-awkward husband. Seriously... try to get this man to take a selfie and he moans and groans. Sarah & Ben tell him to “Nicholas Sparks it”, and he becomes a GQ model.

All jokes aside – you won’t regret having Sarah & Ben there on your big day (or in your life in general) for a second, and you will love every single picture. They are kind, loving, sweet, funny (or as my husband would say, punny – the puns are never ending!), prepared, reliable, creative, and incredibly talented. Five stars just doesn’t seem like enough. Call them and meet for coffee… you won’t need us to convince you!

Megan · Married on 11/19/2016

Our wedding photos were the most important thing to us (other than the whole getting married to each other thing) on our wedding day. We met wit h two other photographers before we met with sarah and ben, and my husband, who is pretty shy, didnt really talk much to these other people. We sat down with Sarah and Ben, and ended up talking with them for over 2.5 hours- laughing and talking about the quirks of weddings and relationships. Their warm and personable presence helped my husband come out of his shell, and he felt comfortable with them! We were sold, we knew we wanted these people with us on our wedding day; people who could make us laugh, and filled us with ease. Because after all, being surrounded by people you love on your wedding day is what makes the day so special. And don't get me wrong, we now LOVE LOVE LOVE this couple.
    Now the pictures; Our pictures came out STUNNING. I cant even tell you how many compliments we got on the photos from our guests. Not only did everyone love our photos, we also got the comments that these people didn't even notice the photographers! Sarah and Ben have the ability to capture these intimate moments, without getting all up in your space, so you are able to stay present in the moment with your husband and other loved ones at your wedding.

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2016

You can not go wrong with Sarah and Ben. They exceeded every expectation we ever had in a photographer. They are the most fun couple to not only work with but to be around. They make the awkwardness of taking photos disappear and make it into a really fun experience. We used them for our engagement photos and for our wedding. They get the pictures back to you so quickly compared to a lot of photographers out there and the quality of pictures are amazing! Our wedding photos look like they came out of a magazine. I would absolutely recommend Sarah and Ben to anyone.

Jonathan · Married on 10/14/2016

Both Sarah and Ben are amazing to work with. They will go out of their way to make sure you get the wedding photos you want and the pictures turn out beautiful. Plus they are a fun couple that you would want at your wedding anyway! Highly recommend!

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

I don't even know where to begin! From the very beginning, Sarah and Ben hit it off with my husband and I. They are so personable, funny and an absolutely adorable couple! We got to meet with them on multiple occasions (which in my opinion is HUGE, since most places only allow for one or two face to face visits), and share with them our hopes/expectations for our pictures. The first few "sneak peak" pictures that they posted on their blog had me in tears. They were amazing! Their work is breathtaking. Capturing your special day is their calling. You won't be disappointed. They send back your pictures in a timely manner too, which is a definite plus! You can't go wrong with having them at your wedding!!

Shawna · Married on 09/10/2016

Sarah & Ben were wonderful. They have a great sense of humor and we were always smiling when they were around (which is good when you're having your picture taken!) They took a ton of beautiful pictures and captured all the best moments of the ceremony. The album they designed is gorgeous and we couldn't find anything to change with its layout or selection of pictures.

Anne · Married on 08/20/2016

I wish I had more stars to give - Sarah & Ben are the best vendors I've ever worked with, period. I'm a professional event planner and I've planned events for tens of thousands of people over the last few years, all around the country. When it came to planning my own wedding, we were in a bit of a time crunch - we had just found out we would be moving out of the country, and had only four months to pull everything off.

Sarah & Ben were unbelievable. My (now) husband and I met them at a coffee shop to discuss the wedding, and we accidentally stayed there for four hours because we did not want to stop talking. Over the next few months, we got to know more about the incredible people they are - too many fun experiences to count. The only reason we ever considered *not* hiring them as our photographers was because we loved them so much, we wanted them to attend the wedding as our friends!

We didn't think we wanted an engagement photo shoot, but at their suggestion, agreed. It was one of the most memorable experiences I've had - they agreed to take a boat out to an island and we ended up getting caught in a torrential downpour of rain. None of us made it out of that day with a square inch that had not been drenched - and yet the photos they captured were incredible.

The wedding day itself was a breeze. They were more helpful than our venue planner when it came to timelines, suggestions, communication. It was so easy to keep a smile on our faces - not only was it a wonderful day, but they had us laughing nonstop. They did an incredible job capturing all of the important people there (not a small feat - we have huge families), and every special moment was caught. We've had countless compliments on our photos.

You should hire them, without question. I've never met more dependable vendors, and they are wonderful people. One of the best things to come out of our wedding (other than our marriage, obviously) was our new friendship with Sarah & Ben.

Maddie · Married on 08/06/2016

Sarah and Ben were an absolute pleasure to work with. Not only did our pictures turn out incredible, but they were so fun and kind throughout our planning and the day of. We were concerned about the large size of our families and wedding party, but they organized and tackled it with ease. Everyone throughout the night was commenting on how wonderful they were. We would hire them again in a second. :)

Lynette · Married on 05/28/2016

Sarah & Ben were truly AMAZING to work with! They were recommended to me by a friend, and we couldn’t be happier with our choice for photographers for our wedding day!
    They were great communicators, incredibly easy to work with and so FUN! They are such a cute & sweet couple and genuinely cared about us and making us feel special on our wedding day! From the engagement photo shoot last year to our wedding day a few weeks ago, they’ve delivered nothing less than spectacular work! We are completely blown away with them and everything they’ve done. My parents and wedding party loved them as well which made it so easy to take photos the day of the wedding. I can’t thank them enough for being a part of our big day and capturing all of our great moments!

Kaitlin · Married on 05/14/2016

Sarah and Ben are INCREDIBLE! Seriously if you are considering Sarah and Ben, BOOK THEM. They are worth every penny and more. Starting with the engagement shoot, they helped us feel less awkward in front of the camera, making us laugh and feel more comfortable. The day of the wedding, they were amazing, again silly and making us laugh but also so organized and professional. Literally, I don't think they stopped moving at any point, and worked so hard the entire day. Not only did we hear from family/friends about our absolutely gorgeous pictures, but also about how kind, friendly and adorable our photographers were. Sarah and Ben are amazing, and seriously could not have been more perfect. During wedding planning, booking a photographer was initially a challenge- I wasn't sure what to look for, and we hadn't budgeted very much for the photography. Sarah and Ben were better than I could have imagined, and we are so glad they were a part of our day.

Heather · Married on 03/12/2016

We LOVED having Sarah and Ben as our photographers! They are the sweetest most genuine people you'll ever meet! They made our day so easy and stress-free. They are incredibly organized and are very detailed oriented! Sarah and Ben became friends at the end and helped in every step of the way.

Melissa · Married on 02/06/2016

Sarah and Ben were hands down the easiest decision we made in planning our wedding, and ultimately one of the best. It was wonderful to work with them. They were exceptional. We have gotten more compliments on our photos and the photographers themselves than nearly anything else from our wedding. We could not be more pleased, as evidenced by their work which now covers our home. Before meeting Sarah and Ben, admittedly, I stalked them online. I serendipitously came across their web site while looking for wedding venues and quickly fell in love with their work. Our opinion was only enhanced when we met Sarah and Ben in person. They are kind, funny, and wonderfully authentic people, which of course, is not a requirement for a vendor, but it made working with them such a joy. During our engagement session, Sarah and Ben each made us feel so comfortable in what could typically be a very uncomfortable situation. We were so delighted with our engagement photos, but also so glad to have enjoyed spending the afternoon with them. The session only confirmed our decision to have them photograph our special day. They made us feel so comfortable, we knew our family and wedding party would feel the same--and of course, they did. Sarah and Ben each got our loved ones to relax, smile and take wonderful, natural pictures. Also, their presence at the wedding was not obtrusive, as we had seen at other weddings. We also love that our photography package gave us the freedom to use our photos as we please. Sarah and Ben are well worth their price. We knew going in to wedding planning that photography was an area that we did not mind budgeting a little bit more money because we knew we would have these photos forever. And because Sarah and Ben captured our wonderful day so beautifully, we truly will enjoy their work for the rest of our lives.

Katie · Married on 01/23/2016

Sarah and Ben were the photographers for our wedding. When we received our pictures, WE WERE BLOWN AWAY! They look like they belong in a magazine. We have received countless compliments on our wedding photos. If it were possible to give Sarah and Ben a 10/10, we would. I could not imagine a better experience and two better photographers to capture our big day. When I met them, I knew immediately that they needed to be part of our day. They were funny, likable and loved every single wedding idea we talked about! For our engagement pictures, they were super flexible with the date (trying to take pictures during rainy May in Florida is always questionable!), we received all of our images quickly and they even rushed a few images, so we could use them in our Save the Dates. Throughout the planning process, they would continuously send us little gifts or emails letting us know that they are thinking of us. For the wedding, Sarah and Ben were absolutely incredible. It was one of the windiest coldest days of the year and they were perfect problem solvers. There was an issue with a member of our wedding party and by looking at the pictures, you would never be able to tell (they are photoshop geniuses!). On the day of the wedding, Sarah stayed with me while getting ready to capture every single moment of wedding preparations, while Ben went to the guys to capture their preparations. They captured so many moments at the wedding that we did not notice, so we are so thankful we have pictures of those special moments. They were super flexible when working on a day of timeline and always made sure we were on board with every single tiny decision made. Every member of our wedding party and families felt comfortable with them, and they even made the tedious task of taking the million post ceremony photos fun!

Katie · Married on 12/19/2015

Sarah and Ben were very easy to work with from the beginning and made our experience very enjoyable! They knew how to make us feel at ease for both the engagement and wedding photos by making the effort to really get to know us. We absolutely love the quality of the photos from the engagement session and especially from the wedding! We couldn't imagine of having anyone else help capture our special day!!!

sarah · Married on 11/15/2015

My husband and I met Sarah and Ben at a bridal event in downtown Tampa. We had gone with friends who were planning their wedding. My husband and I were not engaged at the time, but a ring was purchased. So, it was a little awkward walking around and all the vendors asking when did we get engaged. As soon as we stopped by Sarah and Ben's booth, it felt as if we had just seen old friends. After we left, we looked at eachother and said they were so cool. Two months later, I was planning my wedding. As I researched for photographers in the Tampa Bay area, as I wanted to make sure the most important detail was not decided on a whim, I kept going back to meeting Sarah and Ben and how awesome they were. I reached out to them and we met at starbucks to make sure the chemistry was there and they brought all their information. I knew they were the ones to go with and there is no regret anywhere in sight. They were so organized and professional, had the most amazing chemistry together (as they are married)...they made us feel so comfortable. To be honest, I wanted to invite them to the bridal shower and wedding as guests to enjoy the day with us. For a bride who planned everything herself and how stressful the whole process is, Sarah and Ben gave me no worries what so ever. Sarah sent me plan by plan with every detail before I would ask. They would send us cute and thoughful gifts and cards along the way that was beyond anything we could ask for. Sarah and Ben took more stress off of me than my actually family could. They were my right hand the day of the wedding. Timing was planned to the T. They even stayed later at the reception to capture a few more moments that I have now cherished. I couldn't have asked for better people around me on my wedding day. Never once felt like they were there for a job anytime we met. P.S. They do a full blog for the wedding and engagement pics that make is feel like an announcement in the paper....beyond special.

I wish there was a way to express how grateful we are for Sarah & Ben!
    As my husband and I got into our limo to go back to the hotel after the wedding, we looked at each other and both said in unison, the wedding would not have been the same without Sarah and Ben.
    They went above and beyond to make us feel special throughout our planning process, and if we needed anything, they were there in whatever way they could be.
    Not only are Sarah and Ben the most genuine humans ever, but they are both so incredibly talented. I knew they were good when we booked them, but after seeing our engagement and wedding pictures, I was absolutely blown away!
    You need these two in your life, and if you want the most beautiful pictures in Tampa, book them now!!
    Thank you so much!!!
    Carly & TC

Lauren · Married on 09/26/2015

I don't even know where to begin with how amazing Sarah & Ben are, not just as photographers (which they are phenomenal), but as people too.

Sarah and Ben were our photographers for our wedding in September. We first met them at a friend's wedding in November of 2014 and we knew right away we had to snatch them up! They even traveled to Nashville, TN to document our wedding.

Sarah and Ben treated us like we were great friends and it was really nice to feel connected and comfortable with our photographers. I am not the type of person that likes to have my picture taken and Sarah made me feel like a rock star (I know Ben made Brian feel the same way). Sarah was so helpful with wedding questions I had and really helped to make my wedding day special.

Sarah and Ben truly go above and beyond for their brides and grooms, their pictures are beautiful and they are two of the most amazing, fun, quirky people you will ever meet!

I know that this review pales in comparison to the amazingness Sarah & Ben have to offer - they are just that good!

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2015

This review is long overdue but after hiring Sarah & Ben for our holiday photos I'm reminded why I absolutely love these two so much and will continue to use them over and over again. We met Sarah & Ben early in our wedding planning process. In fact they were the very first vendor we hired and the ones I was most looking forward to on our wedding day. I knew after that first meeting that I wanted them to be our photographers and they proved to be a valuable resource during the wedding planning process. From providing recommendations for other vendors, answering questions, creating a perfect wedding day timeline, and taking our swoon-worthy engagement photos, they went above and beyond at every step. They were professional, organized, made us look like models, and kept us laughing the entire day. Our wedding day photos turned out beautiful, including a gorgeous wedding album to share with family and friends. Since our wedding day we have seen these two in action at 2 other weddings with equally stunning results and we just hired them again for our Christmas photos. Sarah & Ben are the BEST.