Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant Reviews

84 | Levittown, NY

84 Reviews for Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant

Aaron · Married on 05/20/2018

Sara was a pleasure to work with. She was knowledgeable, professional, and courteous. My wife and I liked that Sara customized our wedding ceremony program based on what we wanted. Sara explained the cultural significance of everything during the ceremony so that all of our guests would understand. Her positive energy and bubbly, outgoing personality made the ceremony very enjoyable. My wife and I received many compliments from our guests about how beautiful and memorable the ceremony was. Thank you, Sara!

Sent on 06/04/2018
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 05/19/2018

Sara was our officiant this May (after being recommended by Rev Deb an officiant/reverand I met at a Wedding Showcase about two years ago). They both have such inviting, loving personalities.

We loved Sara and received such wonderful compliments after our ceremony. We could feel the connection to Sara after our first meeting with her. We knew she would be just right for our ceremony.

We love that she cane early and took pictures firsthand during our first look and photographer’s photos and signing of the license because she posted them right away and that was great!

We had such a wonderful, loving, fun ceremony with Sara and our family. We had a mixed Ceremony - part secular, part religious. I enjoyed our ceremony and added in a Sand Unity part that Sara said the blessing over and it meant so much to us.

We recommend Sara to anyone looking for a caring, loving, and fun officiant!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Shante · Married on 05/18/2018

Sara is a beautiful and bright soul. I couldn't imagine my wedding without her. She was extremely aware of us and our friends and family. We had a spiritual ceremony, Sara expressed our love and specific journey perfectly. My husband and I couldn't feel more blessed to have her a part of our special day! I highly recommend Sara to everyone! Thank you again!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Brandie · Married on 05/12/2018

This review is LONG overdue. Rabbi Sara, along with Pastor April, made our wedding ceremony such a beautiful and special experience. They make such a great team and have such wonderful spirits. If you're having an interfaith wedding, you definitely want them working together.

Rabbi Sara helped us draft our Ketubah, she was always available to talk and answer our questions, she made the process of drafting our ceremony a very comprehensive process and overall she brought a ton of life to our ceremony. Rabbi Sara helped incorporate and blend in Jewish traditions with Catholic ones seamlessly and helped us find the perfect scriptures to match our values and those of our families. Our guests couldn't stop talking about our ceremony, they still talk about how beautiful everything was, months after our wedding.

We are so grateful to have found Rabbi Sara! We would get married again just to relive our beautiful ceremony.

Sent on 07/28/2018

Lori · Married on 05/05/2018

There are no words to describe how perfectly Rabbi Sara officiated our daughter's wedding ceremony last weekend. It was simply beautiful and captured the spirit and the essence of the amazing couple: Jennifer and Clinton. Rabbi Sara spent time with us and worked carefully to personalize the ceremony and made it uniquely special. Nearly every guest commented on how amazing the ceremony was. Rabbi Sara is very special and I am so happy we chose her for this most special day. Thank you Rabbi Sara!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

Rabbi Sara was our officiant for our wedding on May 5, 2018 at Bourne Mansion. We knew as soon as we met her that we wanted her to officiate our ceremony. She has a beautifully written ceremony, which allows for as much (or as little, whatever your preference is) personalization as you'd like, and we were able to very easily go through an editing process with her as we formulated our ideas for our ceremony. The day of the wedding, she arrived promptly and totally put us at ease, despite the fact that we were not able to have a formal rehearsal (which was just based on how our venue operates). We absolutely adored our ceremony, and so did our guests. Everyone I spoke to that day took the time to tell me how truly warm, touching and personal our ceremony was, and that they loved Rabbi Sara. Several guests told me it was the best ceremony that they've witnessed - and we definitely could not agree more!! Thank you, Rabbi!!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Jesse · Married on 05/01/2018

Sara is an awesome Rabbi! She recently performed the ceremony at our wedding and we received tons of compliments afterwards. Everyone felt like she really knew us and she was able to make the ceremony entertaining for all. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a Rabbi!

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • O

Omri · Married on 04/06/2018

Sara was one of the best things about our wedding. She worked long and hard with us to create a ceremony that was touching, emotional, personal, and very much ours. She gave so much of herself before the wedding.

Half the people were Israeli and half American, so it was important to us to have a ceremony both in English and in Hebrew, and one that spoke to everyone. It was a great success. So many people after the ceremony came up to say how they cried and asked about her, wanting to know if she was willing and able to come to Israel to marry them.

Sara is funny, easy going, caring, and made the entire process as easy and carefree as possible. And she's a Brandi Carlile fan, not something you find every day! So you can also trust her taste in music.

Choosing Sara to marry us was the best decision we made during our planning of the wedding. We highly recommend her with all our hearts. You won't be sorry.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Dana · Married on 12/16/2017

Thank you to Rabbi Sara Shonfeld for helping us to create a spiritual, thoughtful and truly beautiful wedding ceremony! Rabbi Shonfeld worked with my husband and me to incorporate family traditions and Jewish traditions while keeping the ceremony modern and truly about us as a couple. We even incorporated lighting the Hanukkah candles! Her gregarious personality, warmth, humor and enthusiasm made all feel welcomed and included. Her acceptance of our beliefs and varying family backgrounds was wonderful. Rabbi Shonfeld’s true joy and passion for helping join two people in marriage is incredible. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Alexandra · Married on 11/12/2017

A+ - SO MANY COMPLIMENTS on my Interfaith Ceremony with her and my Husband's childhood Pastor. Also our Ketubah Ceremony. She is lovely, she is so funny, so many compliments, and she really truly works with you to create your perfect ceremony. I love that she gives you a copy in a binder at the end! I can't recommend her enough.

Stephanie · Married on 11/11/2017

Rabbi Sara Shonfeld was the most professional, courteous, heartwarming, and articulate Rabbi I have ever met and I am beyond grateful and that she was available to officiate our wedding. She took the time to answer all of our questions, and go through every detail of our wedding with us. On the wedding day she made us both feel like it was just us 3 in the room by being funny, sincere, and heartfelt. She made our ceremony match us to a tee. Afterwards, we had so many of our guests come up to us saying how it was not only the best Jewish ceremony they've ever been to BUT it was the best ceremony overall they've ever been to. Our guests are still raving about Rabbi Sara Shonfeld and even our parents are excited at the possibility of using her again for future events. I would recommend her to everyone I know because they would be in beyond capable hands.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Brent · Married on 10/14/2017

Rabbi Sara Shonfeld was amazing and listened to exactly what we wanted and created a lovely ceremony. She was warm and extremely accommodating and easy to communicate with. Not only did we love her service but all of our guests told us how fatanstic she was!

Sent on 12/03/2017
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/13/2017

Less than one week before our wedding our officiant hinted signs of backing out, more or less just not showing up. We called our venue and they let us know should he back out last minute or not show up that we would forgo the ceremony and just go into cocktail hour/reception. I was devastated. They gave us the contact info for interfaith wedding officiants and my mother called. Sara called back instantly and my mother explained the whole situation. Sara was more than willing to sit in the background and help out or be the backup should our officiant not show. My mom loved her instantly just by the phone call. Sara then emailed me telling me all about herself and her services and asked me all of these questions about my husband and I. She put us all at ease. We knew she knew her stuff. She asked us for a copy of our ceremonial draft Never even heard of that, our current officiant I guess was just winging it. In less than 12 hours Sara had produced a ceremonial draft and as I read it, I began to cry. It was a wedding. My wedding. She added and removed what we wanted. She listened and she delivered perfectly. The original officiant backed out just before the wedding, but I feel like everything happens for a reason and Sara was meant to be our officiant. She was warm and welcoming. I felt like I knew her forever. When we got to the venue before the ceremony Sara greeted me with a HUGE hug, she went over everything with us and answered any questions we had. I LOVED my ceremony. Sara made us laugh, had us in tears (good tears) She was enthusiastic and made us feel like we were the only wedding she had on her mind! Looking at pictures from the ceremony she never broke from a loving smile on her face. I can't say enough good things about Sara, If you want a warm, loving and customized ceremony made just for you DO NOT HESITATE to have Sara as your officiant. Everyone raved about how great she was and how she was a blessing. My husband and I couldn't be more happy.

Sent on 11/09/2017

steph · Married on 10/10/2017

Rev Debbie and Rabbi Sara did the most beautiful ceremony a girl could dream of and made all of my dreams come true. At our request it was only a half hour. It was for my large 400+ sized wedding. All of my guests were pleased and could not stop complementing how beautiful this ceremony went. The ceremony incorporated the best of both religions and highlighted the beauty of my relaitonship. Also, they do elequently spoke of a very close family member who recently passed and that made the ceremony! When we have children we will be using Rabbi Sara and Rev. Debbie’s services again, and I look so forward to it! You guys are the absolute best.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Renee · Married on 10/08/2017

Dear Sara,
    We want to take a moment to just thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Please know that not only do we feel you gave us the best wedding ceremony, but everyone felt the same way and you were the most talked about topics of the wedding!
    You really made us feel special, like you have known us, and your humor was an added to bonus to an already beautiful day. Please know that you made our wedding one that we will remember for the rest of our life. From the both of us,
    with love,
    Jason and Renee Goldfarb

Sent on 10/10/2017

carmel · Married on 09/17/2017

We are so happy to have had Rabbi Sara lead our ceremony. We worked closely with her to craft a ceremony that reflected us and Rabbi Sara was extremely accommodating all throughout. Our guests mentioned to us what a light hearted, personable and warm ceremony it turned out to be.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Stephanie · Married on 07/22/2017

Sara was absolutely wonderful! She made our wedding ceremony even more amazing then we could have imagined. She was very warm and loving with not just us but our families and guests. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking!

Alexis and Dan · Married on 06/25/2017

Our families and friends have not stopped raving about Rabbi Sara Shonfeld, and her co-officiant for our wedding, Pastor April Gismondi of Church of Ancient Ways! They are so lovely, and so talented, and we can’t say enough great things about them both. They did a wonderful job as a team, seamlessly integrating our two faiths in a way that felt thoughtful and incredibly special. I imagine they are equally fantastic officiating on their own, too. From the moment we met during our first planning meeting, we were blown away by how warm, sincere, and fun they both are - they were so excited to learn about who we were, how we met, and the ceremony we envisioned. They both are filled with amazing enthusiasm, love, and creativity, which was evident throughout the process and then of course during the ceremony, which they made so special and memorable for us and our guests. We are so grateful that we found Rabbi Sara and Pastor April and for the beautiful ceremony they helped us to create - thank you both so very much!

Sent on 12/27/2017

silviya · Married on 06/11/2017

Sara did amazing job
    we speak with her before the wedding and she was very happy to help us. we talk with her couple times before the wedding and she was very helpful. on the day of we sta for couple min to go over the ceremony part. everything was professional and done so good
    thanks a lot for making our special day even more special

Sent on 04/26/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/02/2017

Cannot say enough about how wonderful Rabbi Sara and Rev Deb are! We had a beautiful and personal interfaith ceremony that all of our guests loved. We just watched our wedding video and couldn’t believe how perfect they were. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2017

It was really beautiful. Guests had a lot of compliments for rabbi Sara, everyone said how beautiful the wedding was

beth · Married on 05/06/2017

From our first conversation with Rabbi Sara we knew she would be a great officiant for our wedding. With us living in NYC and getting married on Long Island, Rabbi Sara was flexible to have our meetings via FaceTime. She was thoughtful and listened to what we were looking for and then went to great lengths to ensure that our ceremony was personal and reflected who we are. Rabbi Sara allowed us to feel relaxed from the moment she arrived until we said I Do. We have gotten multiple compliments on the personal and heartfelt ceremony that Rabbi Sara performed and we love having the binder that detailed the ceremony that she crafted as a treasured keepsake. Thank you Rabbi Sara for going above and beyond for a fresh, funny, modern Jewish ceremony that was a true reflection of the couple that we are!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Jocelyn · Married on 04/23/2017

Rabbi Sara was absolutely incredible. I highly highly recommend her as a wedding officiant. She really helped my husband and I tailor our ceremony to our preferences both religious and in terms of the length/personal nature to the ceremony. Every aspect of the ceremony I asked for she delivered on. The #1 compliment we got on our wedding day was how amazing our ceremony is. My husband and I both work long and inflexible hours and she worked with us via email and was very flexible. I could not be happier with my choice to pick Rabbi Sara to marry us!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Danielle · Married on 04/22/2017

She was one of the best things about our wedding!!! Everyone raved about the ceremony and she made it so personal and so special!!!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/08/2017

Rabbi Sara & Pastor April were the perfect duo for our wedding! They were so easy to work with through the entire process and made the wedding day even easier. There enthusiasm and excitement truly showed and it was a heart felt ceremony that I will always cherish. Every guest commented on how nice and special the ceremony was and that is what the wedding is really all about!

Sent on 04/25/2017