Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant Reviews

• Nicki

Nicki Fenice · Married on 10/28/2018

Rabbi Sara is amazing!

Rabbi Sara & Rev Deb!
    Thank you both so much for being wonderful and making it possible for Adam and I to have an amazing and unforgettable wedding. Everything was beautiful, the guests were happy and we were beyond pleased. Also, I wanted to say a personal thank you for the unexpected pieces, and making my Dad's memorial so lovely and appropriate. With the way the last 2 weeks have gone, there were a few loose ends that friends and family helped out with, and we appreciate your patience and understanding. We feel so fortunate to have been able to celebrate our day in such a beautiful space, thanks to Dad, we had perfect weather, and so many of our friends and family members commented on what a beautiful and personal ceremony you both provided.
    Everything was so wonderful, and we couldn’t ask for more ❤️
    Be well,
    Nicki & Adam

Scott · Married on 09/29/2018

The ceremony was absolutely amazing. We did everything from a sand ceremony to breaking of the glass. Sara's help was always a message away. My wife and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I highly recommend her for anyone looking for a officiant or rabbi. During the ceremony my wife had a slightly issue with the weather and wearing such a heavy dress. But Sara came right thru and handled it amazingly.

• Billy

Billy · Married on 09/21/2018

Exactly What We Wanted

My fiance (now wife) and I wanted a civil ceremony with a little bit of Jewish tradition included, and Rabbi Sara gave us exactly what we were looking for! We had interviewed a couple other officiants before meeting with Rabbi Sara, and the level of professionalism and warmth exhibited to us right away made us certain that she was the right officiant for us. After our first meeting with Rabbi Sara, my wife said "she just felt like a great big hug!" and I seconded that emotion.

Rabbi Sara was very attentive to our requests and tailored our ceremony perfectly. I was raised Jewish but I am no longer observant in the faith, so we did not want to include any hebrew blessings/prayers, but did want to include some of the traditions to honor my heritage.

She gave us the opportunity to write our own "story" of how we met, our courtship, and my proposal. It was a major part of the ceremony, especially since we asked her to exclude any blessings or anything overtly religious. Her "performance" was perfect and she got great laughs out of our guests in all the right places. She also provided us with a binder of our ceremony "script" as a keepsake. Nice touch!

Lastly, her fee was very reasonable for the services provided. We cannot recommend Rabbi Sara enough! Several of the guests commented on what a perfect ceremony it was, that it was very "us".

Rabbi Sara, thank you for the perfect wedding ceremony!

Linda · Married on 09/09/2018

Rabbi Shonfeld was amazing! We received so many compliments from our guests, she was funny and entertaining. Rabbi Shonfeld worked with the wedding couple to create the kind of ceremony they wanted and she told their story and made it very personal. Thank you Rabbi Shonfeld for participating and helping make 9/2/18 a day we will always remember.

Alyssa · Married on 09/02/2018

Rabbi Sara really made my wedding one to remember we were always in contact with her beforehand and she made our ceremony perfect! My guests even fell in love with her and couldn’t stop saying how great she was.

david · Married on 08/25/2018

Rabbi Sara was so helpful during this stressful time. She made us feel like this was the first wedding she had ever performed at making us feel special.

Billie · Married on 08/17/2018

My wedding day couldn’t have been more perfect, well ten degrees cooler might have been nice. I married the perfect man for me and chose the perfect Rabbi for us. Rabbi Sara, thank you for officiating our Christian/Jewish wedding ceremony. Rabbi Sara guided us step by step and encouraged us to make our ceremony uniquely ours. Her of humor made my husband and I feel at ease from the moment we met her. She embraced both of our religious traditions and celebrated our union with passion and joy. For an interfaith officiant, look no further, she’s the best!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Julie · Married on 06/03/2018

There are no words nearly powerful enough to express my gratitude towards Sara. She is truly a special human being. I was having a terrible morning the morning of my wedding and in walked Sara. I felt so much better just having her there. Although I had only met her once previously during our initial consult, I communicated regularly with her via email and she followed me on Facebook. I felt as if I had known her my whole life. She instantly calmed me down and walked my soon to be husband and I through the entire ceremony one more time. Our ceremony and ketubah signing could not have gone any better. Her little quips and attention to detail are unparalleled. People thought she was my rabbi that I've known my whole life. She spoke about Rob and I with such confidence and ease and made all the non-jews at my ceremony feel welcomes and privileged. I love her more than she will ever realize. For anyone who is having an interfaith wedding, Sara is flat out the best person to use for the job. Her warmth will make everyone feel welcomed. Thank you Sara for everything.

Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 2

LeeAnn · Married on 06/03/2018

Rabbi Shonfeld made my day so special and provided an amazing heartwarming ceremony. My friends and family loved everything about the service and loved how Rabbi Shonfeld integrated both of our religions and cultures into the ceremony. I am so happy Rabbi Shonfeld was my officiant and I would definitely recommend her services to future brides and grooms!!! :)

andrew · Married on 06/02/2018

We cannot thank Rabbi Sara enough! People have not stopped talking about our wedding ceremony and I got to see my grandpa cry for the first time. I am Jewish and my wife is Chinese. Rabbi Sara did a beautiful job of combining our family values into a joined wedding ceremony.

The day of the wedding was very hectic and my wife and I were very nervous, but once Rabbi Sara arrived she did a great job of keeping us calm, comfortable, and making sure everything was taken care of. She also made the ceremony personal and customized our vows exactly the way we imagined them.

Thank you Rabbi Sara for an amazing wedding experience!

Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 3

Leo · Married on 05/28/2018

Rabbi Sara helped make our Wedding day so amazing. She was always very quick to respond to emails, and would also be very flexible when it came time to setting up a call. Our guests loved how personal she made our ceremony as well. We would definitely recommend Sara to all our friends.

Linda · Married on 05/26/2018

Sara did an amazing job making our ceremony special and unique to Chris and I as a couple. At our first meeting we felt extremely comfortable talking to her and sharing our love story. Working with her was a breeze. She was patient and followed up with us when we needed a lil kick in the butt to get things completed on our end. The ceremony was everything we wanted and perfect for us. Thank you Sara!

Michael · Married on 05/25/2018

I would like to recommend Rabbi Sarah wholeheartedly.
    Many of our guests had never been to a Jewish wedding and she made wonderful introductions to the ceremony and explained the traditions in a way that everyone could understand. We are a bit of outside-the-box couple, and she had no problem adjusting herself to our narrative in a kind and accepting way.
    We could not be more pleased with her- she was outstanding. Also, if you hire her, make sure she sings at the wedding- she has an amazing voice.
    Thank you so much.

Aaron · Married on 05/20/2018

Sara was a pleasure to work with. She was knowledgeable, professional, and courteous. My wife and I liked that Sara customized our wedding ceremony program based on what we wanted. Sara explained the cultural significance of everything during the ceremony so that all of our guests would understand. Her positive energy and bubbly, outgoing personality made the ceremony very enjoyable. My wife and I received many compliments from our guests about how beautiful and memorable the ceremony was. Thank you, Sara!

Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 4
    Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 5
    Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 6
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 05/19/2018

Sara was our officiant this May (after being recommended by Rev Deb an officiant/reverand I met at a Wedding Showcase about two years ago). They both have such inviting, loving personalities.

We loved Sara and received such wonderful compliments after our ceremony. We could feel the connection to Sara after our first meeting with her. We knew she would be just right for our ceremony.

We love that she cane early and took pictures firsthand during our first look and photographer’s photos and signing of the license because she posted them right away and that was great!

We had such a wonderful, loving, fun ceremony with Sara and our family. We had a mixed Ceremony - part secular, part religious. I enjoyed our ceremony and added in a Sand Unity part that Sara said the blessing over and it meant so much to us.

We recommend Sara to anyone looking for a caring, loving, and fun officiant!

Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 7
    Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 8
    Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 9
    Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 10
    Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 11
    Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 12
    Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 13

Shante · Married on 05/18/2018

Sara is a beautiful and bright soul. I couldn't imagine my wedding without her. She was extremely aware of us and our friends and family. We had a spiritual ceremony, Sara expressed our love and specific journey perfectly. My husband and I couldn't feel more blessed to have her a part of our special day! I highly recommend Sara to everyone! Thank you again!

Brandie · Married on 05/12/2018

This review is LONG overdue. Rabbi Sara, along with Pastor April, made our wedding ceremony such a beautiful and special experience. They make such a great team and have such wonderful spirits. If you're having an interfaith wedding, you definitely want them working together.

Rabbi Sara helped us draft our Ketubah, she was always available to talk and answer our questions, she made the process of drafting our ceremony a very comprehensive process and overall she brought a ton of life to our ceremony. Rabbi Sara helped incorporate and blend in Jewish traditions with Catholic ones seamlessly and helped us find the perfect scriptures to match our values and those of our families. Our guests couldn't stop talking about our ceremony, they still talk about how beautiful everything was, months after our wedding.

We are so grateful to have found Rabbi Sara! We would get married again just to relive our beautiful ceremony.

Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 14
    Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 15

Lori · Married on 05/05/2018

There are no words to describe how perfectly Rabbi Sara officiated our daughter's wedding ceremony last weekend. It was simply beautiful and captured the spirit and the essence of the amazing couple: Jennifer and Clinton. Rabbi Sara spent time with us and worked carefully to personalize the ceremony and made it uniquely special. Nearly every guest commented on how amazing the ceremony was. Rabbi Sara is very special and I am so happy we chose her for this most special day. Thank you Rabbi Sara!

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

Rabbi Sara was our officiant for our wedding on May 5, 2018 at Bourne Mansion. We knew as soon as we met her that we wanted her to officiate our ceremony. She has a beautifully written ceremony, which allows for as much (or as little, whatever your preference is) personalization as you'd like, and we were able to very easily go through an editing process with her as we formulated our ideas for our ceremony. The day of the wedding, she arrived promptly and totally put us at ease, despite the fact that we were not able to have a formal rehearsal (which was just based on how our venue operates). We absolutely adored our ceremony, and so did our guests. Everyone I spoke to that day took the time to tell me how truly warm, touching and personal our ceremony was, and that they loved Rabbi Sara. Several guests told me it was the best ceremony that they've witnessed - and we definitely could not agree more!! Thank you, Rabbi!!

Jesse · Married on 05/01/2018

Sara is an awesome Rabbi! She recently performed the ceremony at our wedding and we received tons of compliments afterwards. Everyone felt like she really knew us and she was able to make the ceremony entertaining for all. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a Rabbi!

• O

Omri · Married on 04/06/2018

Sara was one of the best things about our wedding. She worked long and hard with us to create a ceremony that was touching, emotional, personal, and very much ours. She gave so much of herself before the wedding.

Half the people were Israeli and half American, so it was important to us to have a ceremony both in English and in Hebrew, and one that spoke to everyone. It was a great success. So many people after the ceremony came up to say how they cried and asked about her, wanting to know if she was willing and able to come to Israel to marry them.

Sara is funny, easy going, caring, and made the entire process as easy and carefree as possible. And she's a Brandi Carlile fan, not something you find every day! So you can also trust her taste in music.

Choosing Sara to marry us was the best decision we made during our planning of the wedding. We highly recommend her with all our hearts. You won't be sorry.

Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 16

Dana · Married on 12/16/2017

Thank you to Rabbi Sara Shonfeld for helping us to create a spiritual, thoughtful and truly beautiful wedding ceremony! Rabbi Shonfeld worked with my husband and me to incorporate family traditions and Jewish traditions while keeping the ceremony modern and truly about us as a couple. We even incorporated lighting the Hanukkah candles! Her gregarious personality, warmth, humor and enthusiasm made all feel welcomed and included. Her acceptance of our beliefs and varying family backgrounds was wonderful. Rabbi Shonfeld’s true joy and passion for helping join two people in marriage is incredible. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Alexandra · Married on 11/12/2017

A+ - SO MANY COMPLIMENTS on my Interfaith Ceremony with her and my Husband's childhood Pastor. Also our Ketubah Ceremony. She is lovely, she is so funny, so many compliments, and she really truly works with you to create your perfect ceremony. I love that she gives you a copy in a binder at the end! I can't recommend her enough.

Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 17
    Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant 18

Stephanie · Married on 11/11/2017

Rabbi Sara Shonfeld was the most professional, courteous, heartwarming, and articulate Rabbi I have ever met and I am beyond grateful and that she was available to officiate our wedding. She took the time to answer all of our questions, and go through every detail of our wedding with us. On the wedding day she made us both feel like it was just us 3 in the room by being funny, sincere, and heartfelt. She made our ceremony match us to a tee. Afterwards, we had so many of our guests come up to us saying how it was not only the best Jewish ceremony they've ever been to BUT it was the best ceremony overall they've ever been to. Our guests are still raving about Rabbi Sara Shonfeld and even our parents are excited at the possibility of using her again for future events. I would recommend her to everyone I know because they would be in beyond capable hands.