63 Reviews for Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant

Single Religion (1)
Catholic (1)
Agnostic (1)
62 Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant Reviews

There are no words nearly powerful enough to express my gratitude towards Sara. She is truly a special human being. I was having a terrible morning the morning of my wedding and in walked Sara. I felt so much better just having her there. Although I had only met her once previously during our initial consult, I communicated regularly with her via email and she followed me on Facebook. I felt as if I had known her my whole life. She instantly calmed me down and walked my soon to be husband and I through the entire ceremony one more time. Our ceremony and ketubah signing could not have gone any better. Her little quips and attention to detail are unparalleled. People thought she was my rabbi that I've known my whole life. She spoke about Rob and I with such confidence and ease and made all the non-jews at my ceremony feel welcomes and privileged. I love her more than she will ever realize. For anyone who is having an interfaith wedding, Sara is flat out the best person to use for the job. Her warmth will make everyone feel welcomed. Thank you Sara for everything.

Profile Picture Julie, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We cannot thank Rabbi Sara enough! People have not stopped talking about our wedding ceremony and I got to see my grandpa cry for the first time. I am Jewish and my wife is Chinese. Rabbi Sara did a beautiful job of combining our family values into a joined wedding ceremony.

The day of the wedding was very hectic and my wife and I were very nervous, but once Rabbi Sara arrived she did a great job of keeping us calm, comfortable, and making sure everything was taken care of. She also made the ceremony personal and customized our vows exactly the way we imagined them.

Thank you Rabbi Sara for an amazing wedding experience!

Photo for Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant Review - Photo by Lev Kuperman Photography
Profile Picture andrew, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Sara helped make our Wedding day so amazing. She was always very quick to respond to emails, and would also be very flexible when it came time to setting up a call. Our guests loved how personal she made our ceremony as well. We would definitely recommend Sara to all our friends.

Profile Picture Leo, 5/28/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Jewish

Sara did an amazing job making our ceremony special and unique to Chris and I as a couple. At our first meeting we felt extremely comfortable talking to her and sharing our love story. Working with her was a breeze. She was patient and followed up with us when we needed a lil kick in the butt to get things completed on our end. The ceremony was everything we wanted and perfect for us. Thank you Sara!

Profile Picture Linda, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I would like to recommend Rabbi Sarah wholeheartedly.
Many of our guests had never been to a Jewish wedding and she made wonderful introductions to the ceremony and explained the traditions in a way that everyone could understand. We are a bit of outside-the-box couple, and she had no problem adjusting herself to our narrative in a kind and accepting way.
We could not be more pleased with her- she was outstanding. Also, if you hire her, make sure she sings at the wedding- she has an amazing voice.
Thank you so much.

Profile Picture Michael, 5/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Sara was a pleasure to work with. She was knowledgeable, professional, and courteous. My wife and I liked that Sara customized our wedding ceremony program based on what we wanted. Sara explained the cultural significance of everything during the ceremony so that all of our guests would understand. Her positive energy and bubbly, outgoing personality made the ceremony very enjoyable. My wife and I received many compliments from our guests about how beautiful and memorable the ceremony was. Thank you, Sara!

Photo for Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Aaron, 5/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Sara was our officiant this May (after being recommended by Rev Deb an officiant/reverand I met at a Wedding Showcase about two years ago). They both have such inviting, loving personalities.

We loved Sara and received such wonderful compliments after our ceremony. We could feel the connection to Sara after our first meeting with her. We knew she would be just right for our ceremony.

We love that she cane early and took pictures firsthand during our first look and photographer’s photos and signing of the license because she posted them right away and that was great!

We had such a wonderful, loving, fun ceremony with Sara and our family. We had a mixed Ceremony - part secular, part religious. I enjoyed our ceremony and added in a Sand Unity part that Sara said the blessing over and it meant so much to us.

We recommend Sara to anyone looking for a caring, loving, and fun officiant!

Photo
Profile Picture Kate, 5/19/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Agnostic, Catholic, Jewish, No Denomination, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Sara is a beautiful and bright soul. I couldn't imagine my wedding without her. She was extremely aware of us and our friends and family. We had a spiritual ceremony, Sara expressed our love and specific journey perfectly. My husband and I couldn't feel more blessed to have her a part of our special day! I highly recommend Sara to everyone! Thank you again!

Profile Picture Shante, 5/18/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Civil Union, Non-religious, No Denomination

There are no words to describe how perfectly Rabbi Sara officiated our daughter's wedding ceremony last weekend. It was simply beautiful and captured the spirit and the essence of the amazing couple: Jennifer and Clinton. Rabbi Sara spent time with us and worked carefully to personalize the ceremony and made it uniquely special. Nearly every guest commented on how amazing the ceremony was. Rabbi Sara is very special and I am so happy we chose her for this most special day. Thank you Rabbi Sara!

Profile Picture Lori, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Sara was our officiant for our wedding on May 5, 2018 at Bourne Mansion. We knew as soon as we met her that we wanted her to officiate our ceremony. She has a beautifully written ceremony, which allows for as much (or as little, whatever your preference is) personalization as you'd like, and we were able to very easily go through an editing process with her as we formulated our ideas for our ceremony. The day of the wedding, she arrived promptly and totally put us at ease, despite the fact that we were not able to have a formal rehearsal (which was just based on how our venue operates). We absolutely adored our ceremony, and so did our guests. Everyone I spoke to that day took the time to tell me how truly warm, touching and personal our ceremony was, and that they loved Rabbi Sara. Several guests told me it was the best ceremony that they've witnessed - and we definitely could not agree more!! Thank you, Rabbi!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Sara is an awesome Rabbi! She recently performed the ceremony at our wedding and we received tons of compliments afterwards. Everyone felt like she really knew us and she was able to make the ceremony entertaining for all. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a Rabbi!

Profile Picture Jesse, 5/1/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Jewish, Customized Vows, Licensed

Sara was one of the best things about our wedding. She worked long and hard with us to create a ceremony that was touching, emotional, personal, and very much ours. She gave so much of herself before the wedding.

Half the people were Israeli and half American, so it was important to us to have a ceremony both in English and in Hebrew, and one that spoke to everyone. It was a great success. So many people after the ceremony came up to say how they cried and asked about her, wanting to know if she was willing and able to come to Israel to marry them.

Sara is funny, easy going, caring, and made the entire process as easy and carefree as possible. And she's a Brandi Carlile fan, not something you find every day! So you can also trust her taste in music.

Choosing Sara to marry us was the best decision we made during our planning of the wedding. We highly recommend her with all our hearts. You won't be sorry.

Profile Picture Omri, 4/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Thank you to Rabbi Sara Shonfeld for helping us to create a spiritual, thoughtful and truly beautiful wedding ceremony! Rabbi Shonfeld worked with my husband and me to incorporate family traditions and Jewish traditions while keeping the ceremony modern and truly about us as a couple. We even incorporated lighting the Hanukkah candles! Her gregarious personality, warmth, humor and enthusiasm made all feel welcomed and included. Her acceptance of our beliefs and varying family backgrounds was wonderful. Rabbi Shonfeld’s true joy and passion for helping join two people in marriage is incredible. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Profile Picture Dana, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Sara Shonfeld was the most professional, courteous, heartwarming, and articulate Rabbi I have ever met and I am beyond grateful and that she was available to officiate our wedding. She took the time to answer all of our questions, and go through every detail of our wedding with us. On the wedding day she made us both feel like it was just us 3 in the room by being funny, sincere, and heartfelt. She made our ceremony match us to a tee. Afterwards, we had so many of our guests come up to us saying how it was not only the best Jewish ceremony they've ever been to BUT it was the best ceremony overall they've ever been to. Our guests are still raving about Rabbi Sara Shonfeld and even our parents are excited at the possibility of using her again for future events. I would recommend her to everyone I know because they would be in beyond capable hands.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rabbi Sara Shonfeld was amazing and listened to exactly what we wanted and created a lovely ceremony. She was warm and extremely accommodating and easy to communicate with. Not only did we love her service but all of our guests told us how fatanstic she was!

Profile Picture Brent, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Less than one week before our wedding our officiant hinted signs of backing out, more or less just not showing up. We called our venue and they let us know should he back out last minute or not show up that we would forgo the ceremony and just go into cocktail hour/reception. I was devastated. They gave us the contact info for interfaith wedding officiants and my mother called. Sara called back instantly and my mother explained the whole situation. Sara was more than willing to sit in the background and help out or be the backup should our officiant not show. My mom loved her instantly just by the phone call. Sara then emailed me telling me all about herself and her services and asked me all of these questions about my husband and I. She put us all at ease. We knew she knew her stuff. She asked us for a copy of our ceremonial draft Never even heard of that, our current officiant I guess was just winging it. In less than 12 hours Sara had produced a ceremonial draft and as I read it, I began to cry. It was a wedding. My wedding. She added and removed what we wanted. She listened and she delivered perfectly. The original officiant backed out just before the wedding, but I feel like everything happens for a reason and Sara was meant to be our officiant. She was warm and welcoming. I felt like I knew her forever. When we got to the venue before the ceremony Sara greeted me with a HUGE hug, she went over everything with us and answered any questions we had. I LOVED my ceremony. Sara made us laugh, had us in tears (good tears) She was enthusiastic and made us feel like we were the only wedding she had on her mind! Looking at pictures from the ceremony she never broke from a loving smile on her face. I can't say enough good things about Sara, If you want a warm, loving and customized ceremony made just for you DO NOT HESITATE to have Sara as your officiant. Everyone raved about how great she was and how she was a blessing. My husband and I couldn't be more happy.

Profile Picture Christina, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Debbie and Rabbi Sara did the most beautiful ceremony a girl could dream of and made all of my dreams come true. At our request it was only a half hour. It was for my large 400+ sized wedding. All of my guests were pleased and could not stop complementing how beautiful this ceremony went. The ceremony incorporated the best of both religions and highlighted the beauty of my relaitonship. Also, they do elequently spoke of a very close family member who recently passed and that made the ceremony! When we have children we will be using Rabbi Sara and Rev. Debbie’s services again, and I look so forward to it! You guys are the absolute best.

Profile Picture steph, 10/10/17, 6 Reviews

Dear Sara,
We want to take a moment to just thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Please know that not only do we feel you gave us the best wedding ceremony, but everyone felt the same way and you were the most talked about topics of the wedding!
You really made us feel special, like you have known us, and your humor was an added to bonus to an already beautiful day. Please know that you made our wedding one that we will remember for the rest of our life. From the both of us,
with love,
Jason and Renee Goldfarb

Profile Picture Renee, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so happy to have had Rabbi Sara lead our ceremony. We worked closely with her to craft a ceremony that reflected us and Rabbi Sara was extremely accommodating all throughout. Our guests mentioned to us what a light hearted, personable and warm ceremony it turned out to be.

Profile Picture carmel, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Sara was absolutely wonderful! She made our wedding ceremony even more amazing then we could have imagined. She was very warm and loving with not just us but our families and guests. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our families and friends have not stopped raving about Rabbi Sara Shonfeld, and her co-officiant for our wedding, Pastor April Gismondi of Church of Ancient Ways! They are so lovely, and so talented, and we can’t say enough great things about them both. They did a wonderful job as a team, seamlessly integrating our two faiths in a way that felt thoughtful and incredibly special. I imagine they are equally fantastic officiating on their own, too. From the moment we met during our first planning meeting, we were blown away by how warm, sincere, and fun they both are - they were so excited to learn about who we were, how we met, and the ceremony we envisioned. They both are filled with amazing enthusiasm, love, and creativity, which was evident throughout the process and then of course during the ceremony, which they made so special and memorable for us and our guests. We are so grateful that we found Rabbi Sara and Pastor April and for the beautiful ceremony they helped us to create - thank you both so very much!

Profile Picture Alexis and Dan, 6/25/17, 4 Reviews

Sara did amazing job
we speak with her before the wedding and she was very happy to help us. we talk with her couple times before the wedding and she was very helpful. on the day of we sta for couple min to go over the ceremony part. everything was professional and done so good
thanks a lot for making our special day even more special

Profile Picture silviya, 6/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Cannot say enough about how wonderful Rabbi Sara and Rev Deb are! We had a beautiful and personal interfaith ceremony that all of our guests loved. We just watched our wedding video and couldn’t believe how perfect they were. Would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

It was really beautiful. Guests had a lot of compliments for rabbi Sara, everyone said how beautiful the wedding was

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/27/17, 1 Review