Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant Reviews

84 | Levittown, NY

84 Reviews for Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant

Victoria Ellen Sokoloff · Married on 11/17/2019

Unforgettable Service with Rabbi Sara

My husband is Sufi Muslim and I'm Jewish. Rabbi Sara performed a beautiful Jewish service for us. She took the time to learn about us, and how our lives came together, and was able to elegantly incorporate the essence of our relationship into the service. Rabbi Sara was amazing. Our guests couldn't stop talking about her. She exudes love and joy, and we could not have chosen a better officiant. She made our guests feel comfortable, even though many of them had never been to a Jewish wedding ceremony. We were honored that she allowed us to use her beautiful tallit from Israel. Rabbi Sara is one of those special people that you don't meet very often, but when you do, you feel truly blessed. We will never forget her, and the beautiful ceremony she created for us.

Sent on 11/27/2019

Jake Berman · Married on 11/02/2019

The most beautiful ceremony

My husband and I found Sara Shonfeld on wedding wire when we were looking for an officiant for our wedding. As soon as we met with Sara in person, we knew that we would want her to officiate our wedding. She was kind so kind, easy to talk to, and comfortable to be with and we knew she would be a great addition to our ceremony. She had sent us over a list of question that we answered which she then added to the draft of the ceremony, which we were able to edit along the way. She personalized our ceremony to exactly what we wanted. She conducted the most beautiful ceremony we have ever witnessed. She gave such a loving and caring touch to the ceremony and truly made it our own. She had many beautiful touches to the ceremony to make it feel so special. We have received an infinite amount of compliments regarding our ceremony that Sara had led. We would highly recommend Sara to anyone!!!! Thank you so much Sara!!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Melissa R.t. · Married on 11/01/2019

Interfaith Wedding Ceremony

Rabbi Shonfeld and Rev. Viola set the tone for my wedding—their ceremony was so warm, personal, and filled with love and joy. There was a perfect balance between the two religions and they take time to explain the traditions, which brought everyone together. They have a terrific sense dynamic and sense of humor. I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone who wants the perfect wedding day!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 10/27/2019

Rabbi Sara is amazing!

Rabbi Sara was a pleasure to work with. Everyone at our wedding keeps saying how much they enjoyed the ceremony- people usually don’t even pay attention during the ceremony. We highly recommend Rabbi Sara!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Allison · Married on 10/20/2019

Couldn’t have asked for better!

Rabbi Sara was amazing and such a pleasure to work with. Our ceremony was simply beautiful because of the time and effort she took. My entire family was moved. Everyone kept saying it was one of the best ceremonies they’d ever witnessed. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Brillon · Married on 10/06/2019

An Intimate, Lively Ceremony for Everyone

Rabbi Sara is a friendly, kind person with a warm heart. Even though my fiance and I met with her only once before our wedding day, we corresponded via email many times and could sense her energy through her writing. She was mindful and accepting of our wedding vision. She understood that we wanted to keep some Jewish traditions as part of our ceremony and was flexible with how we wanted certain things expressed. For example, it was very important to us that our very good friend share our love story during our ceremony. Rabbi Sara was very quick to respond via email, whenever we had questions or wanted to add/change things of our ceremony draft.
    The day of our wedding, Rabbi Sara arrived at the ceremony site early to set up and check everything. She met with us to review the ceremony order and sign the marriage license. During the ceremony, Sara spoke in a lively, sweet voice that grabbed everyone's attention. Our guests approached us after the wedding and told us that this was one of the best ceremonies they ever attended because they felt included. Rabbi Sara did a nice job making everyone - not just the bride and groom - feel important. There was a lot of love during our ceremony, and Rabbi Sara helped contribute to that.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Daniela Levitan · Married on 09/14/2019

The Best!!

Rabbi Sara is the absolute BEST!!! The ceremony was extremely important to me and she made it perfect! From the moment we met her, Rabbi Sara was so kind, warm, and friendly. She was so genuinely sweet and caring. We wanted to have her officiate our wedding instantly! Throughout wedding planning, Rabbi Sara was very quick to answer back emails. She worked through our ceremony draft perfectly until we had a beautiful and special to us final draft. The day of the wedding, our Ketubah and Marriage License signing ceremony was so intimate and wonderful. And the ceremony was absolutely incredible!!! I could not recommend her enough! Best decision for an officiant would be to have Rabbi Sara!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Andrew L · Married on 08/18/2019

Crescent Beach Club

Sara is the best! She lead such a beautiful ceremony for us. She was very funny, detailed and open to changes, etc. She is a very warm person and all of our guests were very impressed!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Carli

Carli Rumstein · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing officiant and spectacular person!!!!

When it came time to looking for officiants for our wedding, which was October 5th 2019, my husband and I said that this was the most important part of wedding planning for us. I am Jewish and my husband is Lutheran. We wanted to involve both religions and also included Reverend Deb (please see her page for review, she was also spectacular). Rabbi Sara was beyond personable, warm, friendly, professional, I could go on! Every single person at our wedding came up to us after to tell us that it was the most funny, warm-hearted, meaningful ceremony they had ever been to! Rabbi Sara and Rev Deb wrote the most beautiful ceremony that truly reflected the love that we share for each other and for our families and friends. It was also important for us to almost educate our guests as some were not Jewish and some were not Christian, so we were able to make everyone feel welcomed and comfortable. Rabbi Sara and Rev Deb involved traditions from both religions so seamlessly. I would recommend them to anyone!! The whole planning process with Rabbi Sara was easy and, again, she was so professional and organized. Would recommend her to anyone who wants a perfect ceremony, because we will cherish ours for the rest of our lives!!

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Karen

Karen Westreich Gillespie · Married on 03/22/2019

Absolutely the best!!

Rabbi Sara Shonfeld co-officiated at our son’s wedding this past Friday at the beautiful St. Anthony of Padua Parish in East Northport, New York. She worked closely with Father Joseph to create the most beautiful interfaith ceremony. She was absolutely phenomenal and totally exceeded our expectations!! Many of our guests told us that it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they’ve ever attended!!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Cristen

Cristen Latzoni · Married on 12/15/2018

Wonderful experience!

Rabbi Sara was amazing to work with -- she was so responsive, caring, and just easy to talk to. Rabbi Sara did an interfaith ceremony along with our interfaith minister (Reverend Louis Olivieri, who was also awesome) and it turned out even better than I could have imagined. We received so many compliments on our ceremony. Rabbi Sara was animated, interesting, and heartfelt. The guests adored her and our ceremony. Very highly recommend!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Nicki

Nicki Fenice · Married on 10/28/2018

Rabbi Sara is amazing!

Rabbi Sara & Rev Deb!
    Thank you both so much for being wonderful and making it possible for Adam and I to have an amazing and unforgettable wedding. Everything was beautiful, the guests were happy and we were beyond pleased. Also, I wanted to say a personal thank you for the unexpected pieces, and making my Dad's memorial so lovely and appropriate. With the way the last 2 weeks have gone, there were a few loose ends that friends and family helped out with, and we appreciate your patience and understanding. We feel so fortunate to have been able to celebrate our day in such a beautiful space, thanks to Dad, we had perfect weather, and so many of our friends and family members commented on what a beautiful and personal ceremony you both provided.
    Everything was so wonderful, and we couldn’t ask for more ❤️
    Be well,
    Nicki & Adam

Sent on 11/05/2018

Scott · Married on 09/29/2018

The ceremony was absolutely amazing. We did everything from a sand ceremony to breaking of the glass. Sara's help was always a message away. My wife and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I highly recommend her for anyone looking for a officiant or rabbi. During the ceremony my wife had a slightly issue with the weather and wearing such a heavy dress. But Sara came right thru and handled it amazingly.

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • Billy

Billy · Married on 09/21/2018

Exactly What We Wanted

My fiance (now wife) and I wanted a civil ceremony with a little bit of Jewish tradition included, and Rabbi Sara gave us exactly what we were looking for! We had interviewed a couple other officiants before meeting with Rabbi Sara, and the level of professionalism and warmth exhibited to us right away made us certain that she was the right officiant for us. After our first meeting with Rabbi Sara, my wife said "she just felt like a great big hug!" and I seconded that emotion.

Rabbi Sara was very attentive to our requests and tailored our ceremony perfectly. I was raised Jewish but I am no longer observant in the faith, so we did not want to include any hebrew blessings/prayers, but did want to include some of the traditions to honor my heritage.

She gave us the opportunity to write our own "story" of how we met, our courtship, and my proposal. It was a major part of the ceremony, especially since we asked her to exclude any blessings or anything overtly religious. Her "performance" was perfect and she got great laughs out of our guests in all the right places. She also provided us with a binder of our ceremony "script" as a keepsake. Nice touch!

Lastly, her fee was very reasonable for the services provided. We cannot recommend Rabbi Sara enough! Several of the guests commented on what a perfect ceremony it was, that it was very "us".

Rabbi Sara, thank you for the perfect wedding ceremony!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Linda · Married on 09/09/2018

Rabbi Shonfeld was amazing! We received so many compliments from our guests, she was funny and entertaining. Rabbi Shonfeld worked with the wedding couple to create the kind of ceremony they wanted and she told their story and made it very personal. Thank you Rabbi Shonfeld for participating and helping make 9/2/18 a day we will always remember.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Bianca · Married on 09/08/2018

Sara was absolutely wonderful from the moment we met her. Her warmth, joy, and careful attention to detail made the entire experience outstanding! After our ceremony, we received floods of compliements on Sara and her ability to make our ceremony the best they have ever attended!

Alyssa · Married on 09/02/2018

Rabbi Sara really made my wedding one to remember we were always in contact with her beforehand and she made our ceremony perfect! My guests even fell in love with her and couldn’t stop saying how great she was.

david · Married on 08/25/2018

Rabbi Sara was so helpful during this stressful time. She made us feel like this was the first wedding she had ever performed at making us feel special.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Billie · Married on 08/17/2018

My wedding day couldn’t have been more perfect, well ten degrees cooler might have been nice. I married the perfect man for me and chose the perfect Rabbi for us. Rabbi Sara, thank you for officiating our Christian/Jewish wedding ceremony. Rabbi Sara guided us step by step and encouraged us to make our ceremony uniquely ours. Her of humor made my husband and I feel at ease from the moment we met her. She embraced both of our religious traditions and celebrated our union with passion and joy. For an interfaith officiant, look no further, she’s the best!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 10/09/2018

Julie · Married on 06/03/2018

There are no words nearly powerful enough to express my gratitude towards Sara. She is truly a special human being. I was having a terrible morning the morning of my wedding and in walked Sara. I felt so much better just having her there. Although I had only met her once previously during our initial consult, I communicated regularly with her via email and she followed me on Facebook. I felt as if I had known her my whole life. She instantly calmed me down and walked my soon to be husband and I through the entire ceremony one more time. Our ceremony and ketubah signing could not have gone any better. Her little quips and attention to detail are unparalleled. People thought she was my rabbi that I've known my whole life. She spoke about Rob and I with such confidence and ease and made all the non-jews at my ceremony feel welcomes and privileged. I love her more than she will ever realize. For anyone who is having an interfaith wedding, Sara is flat out the best person to use for the job. Her warmth will make everyone feel welcomed. Thank you Sara for everything.

Sent on 06/11/2018

LeeAnn · Married on 06/03/2018

Rabbi Shonfeld made my day so special and provided an amazing heartwarming ceremony. My friends and family loved everything about the service and loved how Rabbi Shonfeld integrated both of our religions and cultures into the ceremony. I am so happy Rabbi Shonfeld was my officiant and I would definitely recommend her services to future brides and grooms!!! :)

andrew · Married on 06/02/2018

We cannot thank Rabbi Sara enough! People have not stopped talking about our wedding ceremony and I got to see my grandpa cry for the first time. I am Jewish and my wife is Chinese. Rabbi Sara did a beautiful job of combining our family values into a joined wedding ceremony.

The day of the wedding was very hectic and my wife and I were very nervous, but once Rabbi Sara arrived she did a great job of keeping us calm, comfortable, and making sure everything was taken care of. She also made the ceremony personal and customized our vows exactly the way we imagined them.

Thank you Rabbi Sara for an amazing wedding experience!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Leo · Married on 05/28/2018

Rabbi Sara helped make our Wedding day so amazing. She was always very quick to respond to emails, and would also be very flexible when it came time to setting up a call. Our guests loved how personal she made our ceremony as well. We would definitely recommend Sara to all our friends.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Linda · Married on 05/26/2018

Sara did an amazing job making our ceremony special and unique to Chris and I as a couple. At our first meeting we felt extremely comfortable talking to her and sharing our love story. Working with her was a breeze. She was patient and followed up with us when we needed a lil kick in the butt to get things completed on our end. The ceremony was everything we wanted and perfect for us. Thank you Sara!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Michael · Married on 05/25/2018

I would like to recommend Rabbi Sarah wholeheartedly.
    Many of our guests had never been to a Jewish wedding and she made wonderful introductions to the ceremony and explained the traditions in a way that everyone could understand. We are a bit of outside-the-box couple, and she had no problem adjusting herself to our narrative in a kind and accepting way.
    We could not be more pleased with her- she was outstanding. Also, if you hire her, make sure she sings at the wedding- she has an amazing voice.
    Thank you so much.