Sara Shonfeld - Rabbi & Interfaith Officiant Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Mark O. Married on 05/06/2022

Beyond amazing!!

Rabbi Sara was fantastic! She did an amazing job at explaining the process to us, as well as our guests who were unfamiliar with the Jewish wedding ceremony. I personally had family from Israel who wanted to let her know what a fantastic job she did. We couldn’t be happier with the choice we made to go with Rabbi Sara!
    Debbie K. Married on 04/05/2022

Wonderful, Authentic Service

Rabbi Shonfeld officiated at my daughter's service two days ago .... we could not be happier with how the service was conducted and the positive energy that was felt throughout the room. Theirs is an inter-faith marriage although at our request, such things as a Jewish Ketubah signing and breaking of the glass were included. Most importantly, Rabbi Shonfeld made the service feel very personal. She mentioned that names of grandparents that we were missing and described my daughter/son-in-law first meeting. Everyone at our 70-person wedding complimented us on the service, with several saying it was the nicest service they had ever been to. I attirbute all of it to Rabbi Shonfeld who gives off such a positive, warm energy. We could not be happier with how the service was conducted. It set a wonderful vibe for the rest of the wedding.
    Steven N. Married on 01/22/2022

Awesome Rabbi

Rabbi Shonfeld exceeded our expectations. She made us feel very comfortable like we already knew her. I would highly recommend her!
    Chris P. Married on 01/22/2022

Amazing experience

Rabbi Shonfled performed a genuine and touching service for my husband and myself (we are a gay couple) and she focused on the important aspects of our religions (we are also an interfaith couple) and it felt like she knew us. Frankly we expected someone to come in and “go through the motions” but Rabbi Sara did SO MUCH MORE. So thrilled we have this lovely memory of our ceremony. Thank you!!
    Drew Married on 11/27/2021

Beautiful and touching service

Rabbi Sara took the time to get to know both of us and it was such an incredible pleasure and honor to be married by her on our wedding day. Not only was she professional, but incredibly entertaining. Our guests LOVED her, as well.

Don't think twice.
    Elena C. Married on 11/27/2021

Wedding ceremony

Rabbi Shonfeld was the most amazing officiant. Our ceremony was unique and our guests could not stop raving. I would 100% recommend her!
    Nicole S. Married on 09/24/2021

Absolutely the Best!

Rabbi Sara,

David and I just wanted to let you know how thankful we are that you did our ceremony. You did an excellent job and made it so comfortable and able to understand and personal to us and everyone that attended our ceremony. My family was especially grateful for you because you made us feel that our savta and sabba were present. My sister and uncle Ronny and aba and myself were so overwhelmed with emotion because you sounded so much like our savta and their mother. Thank you for everything! You are absolutely wonderful 🙂

Nicole and David Stark
    Marisa Married on 09/19/2021

Beautiful ceremony

Rabbi Sara was wonderful throughout the entire process of our wedding planning. She made us feel comfortable as an interfaith couple and was so patient and flexible when we had to postpone our wedding 3 times due to covid. The ceremony was perfect and our guests loved her!!
    Amanda A. Married on 09/12/2021

Wonderfully intimate, personable & fun ty

Rabbi Sara Shonfeld was an engaging and heartfelt Officant.From first meeting Rabbi Shonfeld , she was very personable and very professional. My fiancé)now husband) new right after that first talk she was the one who had to marry us.Rabbi Shonfeld made us feel at ease, as if we have known her our entire lives! The whole experience felt special and she put me and my (now husband) at ease. She was able to handle and direct the crowd as well as my husband in a way that never felt harsh or rehearsed. She has this magical sensibility to put everyone in her presence at ease.She made the ceremony absolutely perfect! It was snd always will be a day we will never forget!
    She was fun, proficient and carefree, but at the same time completely prepared for anything.
    Ty Again Rabbi Shonfeld, for a ceremony me, my husband, my family & friends will never forget!
    Marina M. Married on 09/03/2021

Most beautiful, personalized, and meaningful wedding ceremony!

My husband and I are so happy with Rabbi Shonfeld's wedding services. Our search for a wedding officiant was long and tedious, but the moment we spoke to Rabbi Shonfeld we knew she would be perfect. She instantly made us feel at ease. She was open to our ideas and made sure our ceremony was personalized and reflected who we are as a couple. She was caring and understanding, and really listened. She made the wedding ceremony process super easy and was very responsive with our questions.

Rabbi Sara Shonfeld gave us a beautiful, meaningful Jewish ceremony that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. We received tons of compliments from friends and family about Rabbi Shonfeld and the way she conducted our ceremony.
    Todd S. Married on 06/11/2021

Everything was great

We hired Sara along with Rev Deb Viola since we heard they worked well as a team. They performed an amazing ceremony that touched a little bit on both of our religions and then about our lives so far together. Everything went flawless and We would relive that day every day if we could.
    Samantha B. Married on 10/10/2020

Rabbi Sara is Amazing!

We cannot recommend Rabbi Sara enough. After our initial meeting, my husband (Catholic) and I (Jewish) immediately knew we wanted her to officiate our wedding. She is funny, thoughtful, and has an unmistakable presence. We enjoyed working with her to craft a ceremony that represented both of our traditions and she delivered! Guests from both sides came up to us after the ceremony to rave about Rabbi Sara; one friend even asked for her information. The ceremony is my favorite memory from the day and I cannot thank Rabbi Sara enough.
  • Trevor
    Trevor H. Married on 05/17/2020

Last minute addition saved the day

My wife (Christian) and I (Jewish) had a rabbi booked for our date, but it got moved twice due to the pandemic. I thought we had booked him, and a month out he informed me there was a conflict. Panic mode set in. I searched for interfaith rabbi and rabbi sara was the first to come up.

I contacted her and we all immediately hit it off. The chemist was great and she was very calm and reassuring. The best free video chats were rapid fire but still great. She handled everything with our priest who was a first time interfaith officiant. Very great.

Once things were settled and the big sat came, rabbi sara has everything under control and it went so smoothly. We couldn’t thank her enough.

Highly highly recommended.
    Victoria E. Married on 11/17/2019

Unforgettable Service with Rabbi Sara

My husband is Sufi Muslim and I'm Jewish. Rabbi Sara performed a beautiful Jewish service for us. She took the time to learn about us, and how our lives came together, and was able to elegantly incorporate the essence of our relationship into the service. Rabbi Sara was amazing. Our guests couldn't stop talking about her. She exudes love and joy, and we could not have chosen a better officiant. She made our guests feel comfortable, even though many of them had never been to a Jewish wedding ceremony. We were honored that she allowed us to use her beautiful tallit from Israel. Rabbi Sara is one of those special people that you don't meet very often, but when you do, you feel truly blessed. We will never forget her, and the beautiful ceremony she created for us.
    Jake B. Married on 11/02/2019

The most beautiful ceremony

My husband and I found Sara Shonfeld on wedding wire when we were looking for an officiant for our wedding. As soon as we met with Sara in person, we knew that we would want her to officiate our wedding. She was kind so kind, easy to talk to, and comfortable to be with and we knew she would be a great addition to our ceremony. She had sent us over a list of question that we answered which she then added to the draft of the ceremony, which we were able to edit along the way. She personalized our ceremony to exactly what we wanted. She conducted the most beautiful ceremony we have ever witnessed. She gave such a loving and caring touch to the ceremony and truly made it our own. She had many beautiful touches to the ceremony to make it feel so special. We have received an infinite amount of compliments regarding our ceremony that Sara had led. We would highly recommend Sara to anyone!!!! Thank you so much Sara!!
    Melissa R. Married on 11/01/2019

Interfaith Wedding Ceremony

Rabbi Shonfeld and Rev. Viola set the tone for my wedding—their ceremony was so warm, personal, and filled with love and joy. There was a perfect balance between the two religions and they take time to explain the traditions, which brought everyone together. They have a terrific sense dynamic and sense of humor. I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone who wants the perfect wedding day!
  • Erica
    Erica Married on 10/27/2019

Rabbi Sara is amazing!

Rabbi Sara was a pleasure to work with. Everyone at our wedding keeps saying how much they enjoyed the ceremony- people usually don’t even pay attention during the ceremony. We highly recommend Rabbi Sara!
    Allison Married on 10/20/2019

Couldn’t have asked for better!

Rabbi Sara was amazing and such a pleasure to work with. Our ceremony was simply beautiful because of the time and effort she took. My entire family was moved. Everyone kept saying it was one of the best ceremonies they’d ever witnessed. Thank you!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel B. Married on 10/06/2019

An Intimate, Lively Ceremony for Everyone

Rabbi Sara is a friendly, kind person with a warm heart. Even though my fiance and I met with her only once before our wedding day, we corresponded via email many times and could sense her energy through her writing. She was mindful and accepting of our wedding vision. She understood that we wanted to keep some Jewish traditions as part of our ceremony and was flexible with how we wanted certain things expressed. For example, it was very important to us that our very good friend share our love story during our ceremony. Rabbi Sara was very quick to respond via email, whenever we had questions or wanted to add/change things of our ceremony draft.
    The day of our wedding, Rabbi Sara arrived at the ceremony site early to set up and check everything. She met with us to review the ceremony order and sign the marriage license. During the ceremony, Sara spoke in a lively, sweet voice that grabbed everyone's attention. Our guests approached us after the wedding and told us that this was one of the best ceremonies they ever attended because they felt included. Rabbi Sara did a nice job making everyone - not just the bride and groom - feel important. There was a lot of love during our ceremony, and Rabbi Sara helped contribute to that.
  • Carli
    Carli R. Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing officiant and spectacular person!!!!

When it came time to looking for officiants for our wedding, which was October 5th 2019, my husband and I said that this was the most important part of wedding planning for us. I am Jewish and my husband is Lutheran. We wanted to involve both religions and also included Reverend Deb (please see her page for review, she was also spectacular). Rabbi Sara was beyond personable, warm, friendly, professional, I could go on! Every single person at our wedding came up to us after to tell us that it was the most funny, warm-hearted, meaningful ceremony they had ever been to! Rabbi Sara and Rev Deb wrote the most beautiful ceremony that truly reflected the love that we share for each other and for our families and friends. It was also important for us to almost educate our guests as some were not Jewish and some were not Christian, so we were able to make everyone feel welcomed and comfortable. Rabbi Sara and Rev Deb involved traditions from both religions so seamlessly. I would recommend them to anyone!! The whole planning process with Rabbi Sara was easy and, again, she was so professional and organized. Would recommend her to anyone who wants a perfect ceremony, because we will cherish ours for the rest of our lives!!
    Daniela L. Married on 09/14/2019

The Best!!

Rabbi Sara is the absolute BEST!!! The ceremony was extremely important to me and she made it perfect! From the moment we met her, Rabbi Sara was so kind, warm, and friendly. She was so genuinely sweet and caring. We wanted to have her officiate our wedding instantly! Throughout wedding planning, Rabbi Sara was very quick to answer back emails. She worked through our ceremony draft perfectly until we had a beautiful and special to us final draft. The day of the wedding, our Ketubah and Marriage License signing ceremony was so intimate and wonderful. And the ceremony was absolutely incredible!!! I could not recommend her enough! Best decision for an officiant would be to have Rabbi Sara!!!!
    Andrew Married on 08/18/2019

Crescent Beach Club

Sara is the best! She lead such a beautiful ceremony for us. She was very funny, detailed and open to changes, etc. She is a very warm person and all of our guests were very impressed!
  • Karen
    Karen W. Married on 03/22/2019

Absolutely the best!!

Rabbi Sara Shonfeld co-officiated at our son’s wedding this past Friday at the beautiful St. Anthony of Padua Parish in East Northport, New York. She worked closely with Father Joseph to create the most beautiful interfaith ceremony. She was absolutely phenomenal and totally exceeded our expectations!! Many of our guests told us that it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they’ve ever attended!!
  • Cristen
    Cristen L. Married on 12/15/2018

Wonderful experience!

Rabbi Sara was amazing to work with -- she was so responsive, caring, and just easy to talk to. Rabbi Sara did an interfaith ceremony along with our interfaith minister (Reverend Louis Olivieri, who was also awesome) and it turned out even better than I could have imagined. We received so many compliments on our ceremony. Rabbi Sara was animated, interesting, and heartfelt. The guests adored her and our ceremony. Very highly recommend!