Sara Nagel Photography Reviews

64 | Billings, MT

64 Reviews for Sara Nagel Photography

Kasey Hons · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Wonderful Photographer and person

I knew before I got engaged that I wanted Sara to do my engagement and wedding photos, based off the work I had seen. She was very responsive in setting up a meeting to discuss booking and even accommodated our wedding date change after I couldn't find a venue. She survived not only negative degree temperatures and snow for our engagement session, but a down pour of rain on our wedding day and ventured out in the rain after our ceremony so we could get the one photo I really wanted. She did this all with a smile on her face and making my husband and bridal party laugh. She was thrilled that we included our fur baby in our engagement session, especially when our dog didn't cooperate for posed pictures. Sara managed to capture the energy of our dog while still professionally capturing my husband and I. I would definitely recommend Sara to anyone!

Sent on 03/07/2020

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Oh Kasey, I just adore you & Collyn!! You seriously have been the best clients to work with! From your engagement session that was literally in a blizzard, to your very rainy wedding day, you never stressed out - not once! You focused on each other and the task at hand which was getting married. And now you have beautiful photos to treasure forever! Thanks for being rockstar clients with the kindest hearts & the best attitudes!!
  • Jessica

Jessica Martin · Married on 04/26/2020

Quality, Fun, Professional

We came across Sara last minute as we were trying to continue our original wedding date as an elopement after postponing our out of state wedding due to COVID. She was so easy to work with, flexible, and provided us with amazing service at the last minute. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful and so much more than we could have hoped for in general, let alone with everything that was happening. If our postponed big celebration was going to be in Montana, we would undoubtedly use her again, and will be using her for future family photo needs.

Sent on 06/04/2020

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

I'm so happy that I could help you guys out and still make your wedding day memorable! I look forward to working with you, Travis & your baby girl in the future!!

Morgan Kimmet · Married on 01/18/2020

Sara made our day fun and the pictures are beautiful!

Choosing Sara to be our wedding photographer was the best choice we made in planning our wedding. She is professional, helpful, and responsive in the planning stages. The day of, she is prepared for anything and makes taking the photos fun! She also helped us develop an itinerary for the day and did a great job helping us stick to it.

Sent on 06/03/2020

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for those kind words Morgan! Your wedding truly was a Winter Wonderland and you guys were such troopers in those chilly temps! I really appreciate how easy-going you, Jared & your entire wedding party were. Such a joy to work with!

Kristine Peterson · Married on 12/22/2019

Incredible, Amazing, Classy

When it came to my wedding, I want the best quality photos. In order to have the best quality, I knew I needed the someone great. After research, I found Sara who exceeded all my thoughts. I am not the photo type, however, the photos are incredibly beautiful and are even hanging in my house. (I swore I wouldn’t hang photos either.)

She is talented and classy, professional but fun. She is by far the best photographer in Billings and I look forward to hiring her for any future events.

Sent on 04/28/2020

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

You are so kind Kristine! I really enjoyed shooting your small & intimate wedding. It was such a perfect way to celebrate with your parents. I am in love with all the photos that we took outside of the Northern Hotel! You looked like a princess that day!

Brittani · Married on 11/23/2019

So Fun and Worth Every Penny!!!

I am so glad my husband and I chose Sara as our photographer. She was so helpful, cheery, and professional. I’m not one to spend lots of time thinking about details of how I want every photo to turn out; I gave Sara a few things I wanted for sure in my photos and she took off from there. Her creativity is stellar and took ALOT of stress off my plate! I’m so grateful for her passion for photography and making sure to capture those special moments. We recently got our album back and it is so exciting to see all the amazing photos that were captured on our special day 😊
    I would also recommend using her husband, Pat Nagel for videography. He is so creative as well! A wedding video is worth the investment!
    Thanks again, Sara and Pat 😊

Sent on 05/06/2020

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Your words mean so much to me Brittani! This is definitely how I want all my clients to feel after receiving their photos & video! I am so grateful for the opportunity of meeting you & Kevin and capturing your wedding day, so you can treasure it for all the years to come! Love you guys!
  • Elle

Elle · Married on 10/26/2019

Sara is truly amazing!!!

Sara managed to capture our big day perfectly! We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer. Our pictures turned out beautiful, and Sara is so easy to work with! She always makes you feel comfortable, even if you are camera shy! Sara did both our engagement session as well as our wedding day, and we couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out. Thank you so much Sara, you are the best. If you are looking for an amazing wedding photographer, definitely choose Sara Nagel Photography! You won’t be disappointed.🥰

Sent on 04/10/2020

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

You are the sweetest Elle! I seriously had the best time at your wedding. You & Ryan are such a fun couple and made us all laugh the entire day. But my favorite part was when your dogs Rosie & Oliver showed up for some pictures! They looked so adorable in their tux & flower collar! Good memories!!

Sarah Winter · Married on 08/17/2019

Sara is the BEST!!

I just printed off 600 wedding pictures! Yes, 600!! It was so hard to pick which ones to print off. Sara is so amazing! She made our wedding day pictures go so smoothly and made us laugh along the way! You couldn’t pick a better wedding photographer! 💖

Sent on 05/18/2020

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

That is so awesome to hear Sarah! I had such a blast with you, Jacob & your entire wedding party that day! It was definitely a party to remember so thanks for letting me be a part of it!!
  • Abbra

Abbra Michaud · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Sara and her team went above and beyond to make our experience the best possible. Very profession yet fun and comfortable. We will forever use them for the next chapters in life!

Sent on 06/05/2020

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Abbra! You know how special your wedding was to me, but I seriously can't thank you enough for letting me & my team to be a part of it! It was definitely one for the books! Please keep in touch because I would love to see you & Tanner again soon!
  • Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 07/27/2019

Best Decision We Made

Sara exceeded our expectations for engagement and wedding photos. During our engagement shoot, she let my parents come by to sneak in a few family pictures since we have not had any done since I was in 6th grade...all free of charge! She made everything so easy for us. She goes above and beyond for her clients. At our wedding, she even stayed later than planned to help capture our Sparkler Send-Off! We could not have asked for a better photographer to work with through some of the biggest moments of our lives!

Sent on 01/28/2020

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

You are seriously the sweetest person Kaylee! I love going above & beyond for my clients, especially when they are as kind & awesome as you! Thank you for letting me be a part of the biggest day of your life! It was an absolute dream!!!!

Mallory Norftill · Married on 07/22/2019

Wedding Photos

Sara was AMAZING! She was super flexible will all my needs and answered all my questions. She took the most beautiful pictures at my wedding, and I will cherish those forever. Best photographer ever!! Thank Sara, you’re amazingly talented!

Sent on 11/14/2019

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Mallory for your kind words! You & Marcus were a dream couple to work with so you really made my job incredibly easy! I'm happy to hear that you love your wedding photos as much as I do!!
  • Charlie

Charlie Hollenbeck · Married on 06/15/2019

Could not have asked for better!

Could not have had our special day without Sara and her crew! From the engagement session to the reception, all of her results were amazing. Could not thank her enough for going the extra mile to give us results that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Thank you Charlie!! My team & I had such a blast at your wedding! You guys definitely know how to throw a party!! You did a phenomenal job planning the whole event so we couldn't have done it without you! :)

Natalie · Married on 06/01/2019

Such a great experience

Sara was great to work with, she really helped me know where to get started and what to consider in a photographer for our wedding day and was so patient with us!

Sent on 06/03/2020

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Thanks Natalie! I really enjoyed working with you, Colton & your entire wedding party! You guys made the day so much fun & I absolutely LOVED when your dog Axle showed up for photos! You guys make the cutest little family!!
  • Lauren

Lauren Dowling · Married on 04/20/2019

Incredible!

Sara and her team were absolutely amazing. She not only made me feel beautiful (being 20 weeks pregnant) she listened to my requests and made taking pictures so much fun! I would hire her again in a heartbeat. She's incredible and her photography is creative and very high-quality.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! It was such a pleasure capturing this special time in your life. You & Seanan are going to be the BEST parents!! Hit me up in the Fall for some family photos!! :)

Victoria Watts · Married on 03/15/2019

Fun, Professional, and Amazing Results

Sara is wonderful to work with, and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer! I had been part of a wedding party for a wedding which she was working at, and found her to be easy and enjoyable to work with, with amazing end product results. So I hunted her out for my own wedding a few years later, and she was everything I could have wanted in a photographer! She’s really great at making everyone feel relaxed and enjoy the photograph experience, is a fun person to have be a part of your big wedding day, and captures beautiful photographs.
    The collection of photos I received from her had great posed photos (all those family and wedding party photos everyone wants) and charming candid photos that captured the fun and personality of my husband and myself and everyone who was there that day. I couldn’t be happier.

Sent on 04/29/2019

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

You are so sweet Victoria!! Thank you for saying all these kind words! This is exactly how I want all my clients to feel after their wedding. It was definitely an honor and a pleasure working with you & Alex. Enjoy your new life together!! :)
  • Blake

Blake Hurtle · Married on 11/24/2018

Sara makes every process from beginning to end simple.

First off, I'm someone that isn't good at attention brought on myself and knowing full-well how nervous I was going into the photo session, Sara immediately was able to calm me down. Her combined efforts of kind and calming words, and her knowledge of just what to ask of us captured moments between my fiancee and I that are of true essence, what makes us, us. I was worried how the photos were going to turn out. Luckily, I didn't have to wait long! When I saw them, for the first time ever was I ever so grateful that we had professional photography done of us, especially for our engagement of our marriage. Sara did an amazing job at capturing us, and we will always have these moments of time saved for years to come. PS. We received several different photos, expressing emotions across the spectrum in under 15 minutes before the snow began coming down on us! It was a neat experience!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

You are so sweet Blake! Trust me, I know how nerve-racking it can be to have your photo taken, especially romantic engagement photos! But I had a feeling that I could get you two to open-up and have fun with it. You have the best smile!! Thank you for having faith in my talent and I love how many photos we got in that short amount of time. I'm happy I could capture this time in your lives!! Best of luck to you at your wedding!

Emily Romero · Married on 09/15/2018

Better than we could’ve ever imagine

Sara exceeded every expectation we had for both our engagement and wedding photos. Sara is super easy to work with and so much fun to be around. Her photos captured our special moments perfectly. It was truly a joy having her as our photographer and all of our wedding guests raved about her kindness, professionalism and attention to detail. Our wedding photos are timeless and a real representation of us, not overwhelmed with filters or shadows. We feel so lucky to have had such a talented and genuine photographer to capture our big day.

Brittany Schneider · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing experience

Sara was amazing! I definitely recommend her to anyone! Any question I had she was ready to answer. She made our engagement photo experience amazing! We will definitely be going back to her! She’s fun, entertaining and most importantly takes AMAZING photos

Sent on 10/24/2018

Sarah Gunn · Married on 08/18/2018

Sarah G. (8/18/18)

I am SO happy I chose Sara to photograph my wedding! She was beyond fun to work with and she made pictures fun for my husband and I’s entire wedding party. Sara and her assistant photographer were both very professional and helped make everything go smooth. She even made a schedule of pictures to be taken on our special day, which helped make everything go as planned. She captured every moment of our day and that could not have been an easy task! If I had to do my wedding again, I would choose Sara as my photographer over and over. She was absolutely wonderful!

The most amazing photographer ever!!

Sara is AMAZING!! I couldn’t imagine having anyone else photograph our wedding day! She is the sweetest person and very down to earth! She captured everything I could have wanted and more!! We have got so many compliments on our amazing pictures and I can’t wait to display them in our house!! Sara is definitely our go to photographer from now on!

• Drew

Drew Cardoza · Married on 07/14/2018

Beyond Exceptional Photography and Professionalism

What a wonderful experience with an amazing photography team!!! My wife and I were told that one item you don't want to slack on is a good photographer and selecting Sara Nagel Photography was the best thing we could have done! Sara offered us two photographers at our wedding and her husband was there as well to take videography. Five hundred photos and a full length, ten minute montage of our wedding later, we feel it was beyond money well spent to have these items that will last a lifetime and beyond! I highly recommend SNP for any wedding and/or event!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Molly Anna Mcintosh · Married on 07/13/2018

Beautiful Photos in the Mountains!

Sara was an amazing photographer! Our Ceremony was in the middle of nowhere (without cell reception!) and she was more than happy to drive over 2 hours to our venue. She had the best ideas for poses and group shots, but still wanted our feedback and let us try out our own pose ideas. We also had a second shooter, Danielle, who worked with Sara and the both of them were truly the dream team! It was like they knew exactly what the other was thinking and got the best shots. Our number one priority was to have good quality photos for years to come. We got that from Sara.

Our photos turned out wonderfully and we are very satisfied customers. We moved across the country, but Sara STILL sent us our copies and a flash drive even though we moved so far away.

We cannot Thank Sara and her team enough!
    BOOK HER!!!!!!!

Molly M & Gerrit B

Sent on 10/16/2018

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Trust me Molly, your wedding was definitely worth the drive!! I'm obsessed with all the images we took out at East Rosebud Lake and it was cool to have a completely different look at DanWalt Gardens for your reception. What a fun-filled day! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me capture it all!

Anna · Married on 07/07/2018

My husband and I HIGHLY recommend and were SO pleased with Sara Nagel Photography. Sara was extrememly easy to work with and very responsive to all of our requests. We absolutely love our wedding photos and will cherish them forever. We also purchased her videography services for our special day and the video is perfect - I watch it quite frequently :). Sara, her assistant photographer, and husband, were so professional the day of and truly made our day so memorable. They made sure to cature every little detail and were so enjoyable to work with. Thank you Sara Nagel Photography for all of your hard work - it is so appreciated!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Thank you Anna, so very much! Your wedding was a fun one to capture with tons of heart-warming moments throughout the day! You & your dad's first look with each other was definitely one of my favorites! All of your family & friends were so welcoming that when we left that day, we didn't just feel like a photography team, we felt like your friends. Thank you for creating such a great experience for us! :)

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2018

So glad we hired the best photographer around! Our pictures are beautiful & we couldn’t be happier! Thank you for everything Sara Nagel you are AMAZING at what you do & just the sweetest person! Our special day wouldn’t have been the same if you hadn’t been our photographer ❤️

Sent on 09/08/2018

Sara Nagel Photography's reply:

Thanks Ashley! I had so much fun with you & Jory on your wedding day! I have really enjoyed getting to know you both over the past year and just love visiting with you guys. You are down-right GOOD people!! I hope to see you soon! :)