Santiago Gabay Photography Reviews

Santiago Gabay Photography 7
  • Ivonne

Ivonne Marquez · Getting married on 11/01/2023

I am blown away!

My experience with Santiago Gabay photography was amazing. The two photographers I had the wonderful privilege of meeting were Santiago and Sam, both very professional and skilled photographers. The photos I received were complimented extremely by all my family and friends. I included them in the review so that all could see their jaw dropping work. After a mix up with my airport, Santiago accommodated to my last minute rescheduling requests after my baggage was delayed and also when there was wind. I am so thankful and pleased that Santiago truly cares about each and every one of his clients. He and his team were friendly and kept making my fiancé and I laugh throughout the entire shoot. I recommend Santiago Gabay photography to all who are looking for valuable photographers.

Sent on 06/11/2019
    Santiago Gabay Photography 18
    Santiago Gabay Photography 19
    Santiago Gabay Photography 20
    Santiago Gabay Photography 21
  • Alleah

Alleah · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing! You will not be disappointed!

I am so thankful we went with Santiago! Prior to the wedding, all communication with him was thorough and timely. I like how he had us share our story with him so he had a better understanding of the couple he is photographing. On the day of the wedding, he started snapping pictures from the minute he arrived. My hair and makeup were running behind so there was little time for before but he made the most of it and got some great shots of me while his associate cover my wife and her family and bridal party. He is very familiar with the resort we stayed at (Sandos Eco Caracol) so we let him shoot where ever he felt best and we were not disappointed. The property is beautiful but I never imagined he would get as many amazing photos as he did. The drone shots were beyond beautiful and so different than anything I have seen. What I really liked about his work is while yes he got all the traditional wedding shot, he was very creative in the poses and pictures he took. Through out the entire day/night he and his associate were so friendly, made us laugh, and didn’t miss a beat. We just received our photos and we so happy with how everything thing turned out- he really capture not only the day but who we are as a couple.

Sent on 05/19/2019
    Santiago Gabay Photography 27
    Santiago Gabay Photography 28

Hailey North · Married on 03/29/2019

Absolutely Amazing

We are so happy that we went with Santiago. I saw soo many positive reviews and after looking through some of his pictures it was the easiest decision to make. He is able to capture moments you aren’t even aware are happening, and to look back on it after is incredible. My wedding day was magic and we have a ton of amazing pictures to show that. Thank you again Santiago!!

Sent on 04/12/2019
    Santiago Gabay Photography 33
  • Georgina

Georgina Wood · Married on 03/23/2019

Just amazing!!

Where to start!! Santiago is so incredible at his work! We hired him from England for our Mexico wedding in March 2019. I was unsure what to expect but I was always somewhat confident from reading reviews and viewing his work prior to our wedding that it was going to be ok. And I can honestly say now post wedding, it was more than ok- Santiago's photography is out of this world. We had a few ideas for photos but Santiago had even more, he has a great eye for a beautiful photo and setting. He is so easy to work with and allows you to get what you want out of the day also his professional view. I am over the moon with all our wedding photos from Santiago Gabay and I can't thank him enough! Book book book this man, you won't regret it!

Sent on 04/08/2019
    Santiago Gabay Photography 38
    Santiago Gabay Photography 39
    Santiago Gabay Photography 40

Sabina · Married on 03/23/2019

SOO in love with our wedding photos!

I worked with Santiago's team for my wedding, and Gonzalo and Abi were incredible photographers, and Claudia was an amazing videographer! I sent Santiago my budget and he was able to work with me to create an amazing experience and we captured every important moment!! The turn around for the photo editing was extremely fast, 2 weeks for teaser photos and 1.5 months for all the photos! Santiago was very professional to deal with when booking his services, he is so warm and kind as well and made me feel so comfortable even just through email! I HIGHLY recommend working with Santiago, you won't be disappointed!!! Everything turned out perfect.

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Santiago Gabay Photography 41
    Santiago Gabay Photography 42
    Santiago Gabay Photography 43

Paige A Petit · Married on 01/29/2019

Everything was perfect! Love our photos!

Santiago was able to work within our budget. He was unable to attend our wedding and be the photographer, but he hired his amazing team. Quick responses before and after the wedding. Everyone arrived on time and was super friendly and made us feel more than comfortable. Love our photos and Santiago gave them to us in less than a month. Highly recommend!!! :)

Sent on 03/10/2019

Allison Wittig · Married on 12/12/2018

Fantastic, timely, reliable and friendly photographer!

Santi and his additional photographer were fantastic! They went above and beyond to capture our day. We got married at Dreams Playa Mujeres. He was easy to communicate with via email before the day and arrived on time, maybe even slightly ahead of schedule! He was familiar with the hotel and picked perfect places to capture my dress, and our first look. He knew private areas for us to have moments and paid very close attention to people walking past to make sure they weren't captured in our photos. He communicated with our wedding planner and made all the transitions to getting ready pictures - to first look - to ceremony easy for me. I had no worries! He worked perfectly with the sun going down and noticed when we were struggling with the sun in our eyes and moved us to a better spot. He watched for shadowing as well. He really captured the spirit of our guest and us as a couple. He bonded with our guest and everyone raved about how great Santi was! He felt like a friend by the end of the night. We hope to use him again for a more family photos :)

Sent on 12/12/2018
    Santiago Gabay Photography 44
    Santiago Gabay Photography 45
    Santiago Gabay Photography 46
    Santiago Gabay Photography 47
  • Francesca

Francesca Glover · Married on 09/13/2018

Cancun wedding

We used Santiago and his partner Isidro Corona to capture our wedding day.

We have not long returned home from our wedding in Cancun and it had taken around 4-5 weeks to receive all of our photos of our wedding!
    We absolutely love all the photos - they are incredible!! You have serious talent and we were so excited to see them all and re-live what was the best day of our lives. We are over the moon with them.
    Thank you for going above and beyond on our wedding day. You both were so relaxed, fun and friendly, making us feel very comfortable posing for photos! It was such a laugh and pleasure to work with you. We LOVE the horse and carriage shots and of course the veil photos looks amazing! We really appreciate the time and energy you put in from getting ready to the ceremony to the reception you both captured some great dancing shots as well as us all necking back tequila shot!
    We are so pleased with our photos - you both have an incredible eye for a great shot! I will definitely recommend you to any bride getting married in Cancun.
    We will definitely use again in the future when we head back to Cancun hopefully to capture a new chapter in our lives! Thank you again x

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Santiago Gabay Photography 48
    Santiago Gabay Photography 49
    Santiago Gabay Photography 50
    Santiago Gabay Photography 51
    Santiago Gabay Photography 52
    Santiago Gabay Photography 53

marisa · Married on 09/12/2018

Santiago was great! We found him on yelp! Communication was easy and he helped us to feel very comfortable. It was a very hot day and we had to take a couple of breaks to freshen up and he was very patient and didn't rush us! Our photos were processed very quickly and look amazing! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Santiago Gabay Photography 54
    Santiago Gabay Photography 55

Crystal · Married on 06/23/2018

What an incredible experience we had with Santiago! Im from California and was in search for a photographer since we were getting married in Isla Mujeres. I did some research and Santiago kept coming up in my searches and every time he always had 5 start reviews. I now understand why! I contacted him for some information and asked if he was willing to go to Isla Mujeres and he said of course! I was so happy because i really liked all his work and really wanted him as our photographer. You might keep seeing on all his reviews about how great his communication is, let me tell you that is also very true. He was always quick to answer all our questions. From start to finish he worked so hard capturing all the important moments. Very professional and laid back. All of our family and friends really enjoyed his company. We didn’t have to wait long to receive our photos. I was expecting to wait at least 6 weeks but I received them in about 2 weeks! We couldn’t be any happier with the way they turned out. I highly recommend Santiago for your wedding, engagement, or any occasion!

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Santiago Gabay Photography 56

Maria · Married on 05/26/2018

We hired Santi for our wedding at Secrets Playa Mujeres and we cannot express how happy and satisfied we are with our photos! He was a pleasure to work with and by the end of the night, felt like family! He was very reasonably priced, professional and experienced throughout the whole process. You can definitely see the difference from an experienced photographer and we would recommend & hire him again without hesitation! Do yourself a favor and hire him for any special occasion!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Kate · Married on 05/07/2018

We hired Santi for our wedding at Secrets Capri in May 2018. To say that we were happy with the result would be an understatement - we are in LOVE with the results. Santi was easy to communicate with from the very first email through to him sending us the final proofs, very prompt and professional every step of the way. My husband and I are not overly comfortable in front of the camera, and Santi went out of his way to make sure we got the perfect photos to capture our amazing wedding day. We HIGHLY recommend Santi to anyone out there looking for a photographer - he was a dream to work with!!

Sent on 06/11/2018
    Santiago Gabay Photography 62
    Santiago Gabay Photography 63
    Santiago Gabay Photography 64

Larissa · Married on 05/04/2018

Santiago did an amazing job at capturing our special day. He was an absolute joy to work with! He was friendly, fast at responsiveness, flexible in working with our budget, and extremely creative in getting the most beautiful shots possible. 5 stars across the board! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Santiago Gabay Photography 65
    Santiago Gabay Photography 66
    Santiago Gabay Photography 67
    Santiago Gabay Photography 68
    Santiago Gabay Photography 69
    Santiago Gabay Photography 70

Raely · Married on 04/11/2018

Santi was an absolute dream to work with! He promptly answered all my questions and was highly organized in the process with securing him as our wedding photographer. He truly has an eye for photography and we really enjoyed having him around the day of! We ended up having photo/video for 6.5 hours. I received my photos 1.5 week after wedding - highly recommend :)

Sent on 04/30/2018

Lauren · Married on 01/20/2018

Santiago was the perfect fit for our wedding day. He was professional but he was also fun. He understood us, he knew what we wanted and he was so fun to work with. He made us comfortable, he captured everything we hoped for and more. He was more like a guest at our wedding then a hired personel. He danced with us, he laughed with us and more importantly he became a good friend. I was very pleased with Santiago and his team. They went above and beyond for us and I am forever thankful we chose Santi and his crew. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 01/27/2018
    Santiago Gabay Photography 71
    Santiago Gabay Photography 72
    Santiago Gabay Photography 73

Mariel · Married on 01/12/2018

Great experience with Santiago Gabay Photography. The pictures and video were all amazing!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Dorota & Tomasz · Married on 01/12/2018

Santiago is an amazing photographer! He was a true professional from start to finish. We are truly thrilled with the final product. Santiago and his team made us and our wedding party extremely comfortable throughout the process and went above and beyond to get the perfect shots. We would certainly recommend his services to anyone planning a destination wedding in or around Cancun, Mexico. Thank you again Santiago for helping us capture the happy memories on our special day.
    Dorota & Janek Kusmierek

Sent on 03/22/2018
  • Stacia

Stacia · Married on 11/25/2017

A lot of the decisions we had to make for our destination wedding were SOO difficult. Choosing our photographer was not! I knew as soon as I started to research I wanted Santiago Gabay Photography to capture our special day. I was so relieved to have him there. I knew exactly what I was getting, he was so knowledgeable with my resort, I didn’t have to worry. I’m not always comfortable with people right away but Santiago didn’t allow that to happen, he and his team came into my rowdy bridal suite full of 9 women and into my Husbands room with 12 guys and they just made us all feel so comfortable and got right to work. We had fun the whole time. I was nervous how they were going to manage 40 excited New Yorkers but they did it. I felt like the whole team were guests at our wedding, they’re all so friendly and happy. They work so hard, climbing in and out of bushes and fountains to get our perfect pictures. Our sneak peak was ready less than 24 hours later, and we have our pictures back in RECORD timing. Our pictures are incredible. The night went so quick I can’t believe they had time to capture all these special little moments. What felt like a quick second for us at the time, Santiago turned into forever memories for us. He was so easy to communicate with, emailing, texting Facebook messenger. Made every part of this process simple and enjoyable. I couldn’t be happier! Thank you a million times Santiago!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Luci · Married on 11/22/2017

We are so happy we found Santi! He is an amazing and talented photographer! He knows the area of Riviera Maya well and helped us with way more than just photography services. His ability for underwater photography are impressive and he keeps you comfortable and safe during the whole process. I give the credit of my magical wedding morning to Santi! Will hire him for any event in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/07/2017
    Santiago Gabay Photography 81
    Santiago Gabay Photography 82
    Santiago Gabay Photography 83

Janet · Married on 11/14/2017

I'm not huge on five star reviews because there's always room for improvement... or is there? Santiago definitely deserves every star. He was highly recommended by a large number of brides on a Facebook group I joined and now I know why. If you've already communicated with him, you've realized immediately how friendly and open he is. His coverage options are flexible, depending on what you're looking for, and I always felt very accommodated. Unlike most brides, photography was not important to me - or so I thought. I gave very little direction to Santiago up front, other than asking him for a couple of specific family photos. Sure, this allowed him to use his creativity to the fullest but it also placed a lot of responsibility on him. I also wasn't the most engaged bride during the session and kept getting distracted, but he was unwaveringly patient. His energy and enthusiasm even managed to pull it out of me, too. From the moment I met Santiago, I was drawn to his calming, cheerful demeanor and it was constant all day. I received my photos within a few weeks of my wedding and I was amazed with his work. He captured so many candid moments that I didn't even realize how deeply I'd cherish. Suddenly, my wedding photos meant something to me. He has an uncanny talent and ability to translate moments into memories. I chose him based on his reputation and I'll continue to recommend him based on my experience.

Sent on 07/03/2018
    Santiago Gabay Photography 89
    Santiago Gabay Photography 90
    Santiago Gabay Photography 91

nessreen · Married on 11/05/2017

Santiago and his crew were great!

Sent on 12/06/2017
  • I

Ian · Married on 11/04/2017

Just a fantastic experience...

Extremely knowledgable, flexible and easy to work with. He knew exactly what we needed even when we didn't know ourselves...

Sent on 03/26/2018
    Santiago Gabay Photography 92

Kathy · Married on 10/20/2017

I would recommend Santi over and over! He photographed our wedding and we are beyond impressed with his work! He is a pleasure to work with and made us feel at ease and enjoy our photo session. The photos taken during the ceremony are beautiful. We will forever cherish our photos and feel blessed to have had Santi there to capture our wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Sally · Married on 10/16/2017

Santiago was fabulous at capturing our special day couldn't have asked for anymore our photographs are perfect! He is so friendly and easy going and very reasonably priced! Thank you so much

Sent on 10/24/2017