Santiago Gabay Photography Reviews

81 Reviews for Santiago Gabay Photography

• Ivonne

Ivonne Marquez · Getting married on 11/01/2023

I am blown away!

My experience with Santiago Gabay photography was amazing. The two photographers I had the wonderful privilege of meeting were Santiago and Sam, both very professional and skilled photographers. The photos I received were complimented extremely by all my family and friends. I included them in the review so that all could see their jaw dropping work. After a mix up with my airport, Santiago accommodated to my last minute rescheduling requests after my baggage was delayed and also when there was wind. I am so thankful and pleased that Santiago truly cares about each and every one of his clients. He and his team were friendly and kept making my fiancé and I laugh throughout the entire shoot. I recommend Santiago Gabay photography to all who are looking for valuable photographers.

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Demetrius

Demetrius Figueroa · Getting married on 03/01/2020

Outstanding Service!

We booked Santiago Gabay Photography for our engagement photos on our first trip to Riviera Maya when we were deciding on wedding venues. That experience was truly one of the best we’d ever had with a photographer, so we didn’t hesitate to book Santiago for our wedding and he more than delivered.

Santiago and his team were incredibly professional, personable, and most importantly the photos came out perfectly. Santiago captured some truly beautiful pictures of our family and friends, and most importantly, the bride and groom. We were absolutely thrilled with the experience of being photographed by Santiago and team, and even happier with the final product. They made great suggestions, incorporated our input and suggestions, and made sure we were comfortable throughout the process.

I would highly recommend booking Santiago Gabay Photography.

Sent on 02/14/2020

Haley Skinner · Married on 01/18/2020

Amazing Wedding!

He was beyond amazing to work with!! He was so easy to talk to and communicate quickly with during the planning process and especially on the day of. His team was fabulous, everyone in our party had great things to say. I also got my entire wedding album back within 3 weeks! So easy going and creative! Can’t stay enough great things about him.

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia Raymond · Married on 11/29/2019

Best photography team in Mexico!!!

We paid for 6 hours of photography and videography, we had 2 photographers and 2 videographers which was Santiago Gabay Photography and his team. We've heard such nice things about them and they did an exceptional job! They were all so nice and dedicated to their work as well as very fun yet professional. I highly recommend paying for Santiago, he is worth the extra cost, just his personality speaks volumes! Also, they are so considerate, depending on the package you chose they will waive the resort fee which is a sweet deal! We just got out photos and we are so pleased. I am looking forward to receiving our highlight video and long video! Best crew ever! Santiago is extremely familiar with this resort (Sandos Caracol Eco Resort) and brought me to places that I forgot the day of the wedding such as the cenote and also made sure to take photos with my veil flying in the wind of the beach (which are two must have pictures that I wanted and I completely forgot about the day of the wedding, so happy he brought it up as I now don't have any regrets)! They arrived early to set up and ensure to stay the entire time if not longer!

Sent on 12/15/2019

Thao Huynh · Married on 11/27/2019

A dream come true

When I became engaged and we made the decision to have a wedding in Cancun, I set out on a daunting task to look for the right photographer to shoot our dream destination wedding. I came across Santiago Gabay Photography from a reccomendation from a friend who attended a previous destination wedding and who had seen what a skilled photograher he was. From the minute I reached out to him, Santi was very professional and quickly responded to all my inquiries. A browse through his extensive galleries also convinced me right away that he is a gifted photographer with an eye for capturing on camera all the feelings and emotions into a single moment. On my wedding day, I met Santi for the first time and right away I felt at ease in his presence. He knew exactly the right poses for us to do and although we only hired him for 4 hours, he was able to take so many amazing shots in such a relatively small time frame. Our pictures turned out gorgeous and I cannot reccommend Santi enough to all future Cancun brides out there!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 11/04/2019

Makes visions into fairytale reality

I recently had a symbolic ceremony in the Riviera Maya ( Sandos Caracol Eco Resort ). Months before hand I was looking at photographers in the area, and came across Santiago. I saw his beautiful photo galleries, and glad I did! From the moment I emailed and inquired about his services, till the time we met face to face almost 6 months later, was beyond excellent. He was friendly, patient, and kind throughout entire corespondents. And day of wedding, he was an absolute delight! Very jovial, funny, and made everyone feel very at ease. And the pictures.... beyond mastery! This man knows how to capture the importance and playfulness of each special moment right as it’s happening. Angles, light, mood.... he knows how to harness it all. I’m beyond thankful we found this man, he made our dreams a reality... and will be forever thankful.

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Shonte

Shonte Tepper · Married on 07/12/2019

Santi is the best!

When planning a destination wedding, there is ONE very important vendor that (in my opinion), you shouldn't rely upon the resort for and it is photography and videography. (You simply don't know who will show up on your wedding day if you book thru the resort). I searched long and hard for reputable, independent photographers in Cancun and Santi was by far the most responsive that I came across. Since photography was more important than food and flowers to me, he handled every concern that I had and my pictures came out AMAZING. My family and friends loved him and his crew and again - our pictures are simply breathtaking. As a travel agent that plans many weddings for my customers, I must say that if you are getting married in Mexico, do yourself a service and hire Santi! www.justbookittravel.com/mywedding

Sent on 02/05/2020

Addie Keller · Married on 07/11/2019

Best experience ever

Santi did far more than I could ever imagine with my beach wedding. He made sure every part of my day was absolutely seamless and smooth. From the moment I reached out to him, he was extremely quick in responding and always informed me thoroughly. He made sure all of my questions were answered and that I had no concerns. Once wedding day rolled around, he was extremely calm and got SO MANY amazing pictures. I cannot rave about his work enough, I'm still not sure how he got so many great shots in the time that he did, but I am beyond pleased. HIGHLY recommend Santi!!!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Mike

Mike and Marianne Gauger · Married on 06/27/2019

Great to work with!

We contacted Santi to arrange a family photo session during our vacation in the Cancun area. He was very responsive and all pre-session details (date, time location, questionnaire, etc.) were handled very professionally. Karlien conducted our photo shoot. She arrived to the prearranged location at Playa Delfines on time and was very friendly and personable. She has a real talent for arranging the shots to make us look great (despite it being a windy day). We couldn't be happier with the results and highly recommend contacting Santi if you are in need of a photographer for a wedding or any other occasion.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Alleah

Alleah · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing! You will not be disappointed!

I am so thankful we went with Santiago! Prior to the wedding, all communication with him was thorough and timely. I like how he had us share our story with him so he had a better understanding of the couple he is photographing. On the day of the wedding, he started snapping pictures from the minute he arrived. My hair and makeup were running behind so there was little time for before but he made the most of it and got some great shots of me while his associate cover my wife and her family and bridal party. He is very familiar with the resort we stayed at (Sandos Eco Caracol) so we let him shoot where ever he felt best and we were not disappointed. The property is beautiful but I never imagined he would get as many amazing photos as he did. The drone shots were beyond beautiful and so different than anything I have seen. What I really liked about his work is while yes he got all the traditional wedding shot, he was very creative in the poses and pictures he took. Through out the entire day/night he and his associate were so friendly, made us laugh, and didn’t miss a beat. We just received our photos and we so happy with how everything thing turned out- he really capture not only the day but who we are as a couple.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Ocull · Married on 04/07/2019

Talented and Professional. Highly Recommended!

Santiago was totally amazing and we could not recommend him more! He was so flexible to make sure we got exactly what we needed for our intimate Cancun wedding. His prices beat the resort packages, hands down and the end result was fantastic. We LOVE our photos so much and we didn't have to wait months to see them. Thanks for everything, Santi!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Hailey North · Married on 03/29/2019

Absolutely Amazing

We are so happy that we went with Santiago. I saw soo many positive reviews and after looking through some of his pictures it was the easiest decision to make. He is able to capture moments you aren’t even aware are happening, and to look back on it after is incredible. My wedding day was magic and we have a ton of amazing pictures to show that. Thank you again Santiago!!

Sent on 04/12/2019
  • Georgina

Georgina Wood · Married on 03/23/2019

Just amazing!!

Where to start!! Santiago is so incredible at his work! We hired him from England for our Mexico wedding in March 2019. I was unsure what to expect but I was always somewhat confident from reading reviews and viewing his work prior to our wedding that it was going to be ok. And I can honestly say now post wedding, it was more than ok- Santiago's photography is out of this world. We had a few ideas for photos but Santiago had even more, he has a great eye for a beautiful photo and setting. He is so easy to work with and allows you to get what you want out of the day also his professional view. I am over the moon with all our wedding photos from Santiago Gabay and I can't thank him enough! Book book book this man, you won't regret it!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Sabina · Married on 03/23/2019

SOO in love with our wedding photos!

I worked with Santiago's team for my wedding, and Gonzalo and Abi were incredible photographers, and Claudia was an amazing videographer! I sent Santiago my budget and he was able to work with me to create an amazing experience and we captured every important moment!! The turn around for the photo editing was extremely fast, 2 weeks for teaser photos and 1.5 months for all the photos! Santiago was very professional to deal with when booking his services, he is so warm and kind as well and made me feel so comfortable even just through email! I HIGHLY recommend working with Santiago, you won't be disappointed!!! Everything turned out perfect.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Paige A Petit · Married on 01/29/2019

Everything was perfect! Love our photos!

Santiago was able to work within our budget. He was unable to attend our wedding and be the photographer, but he hired his amazing team. Quick responses before and after the wedding. Everyone arrived on time and was super friendly and made us feel more than comfortable. Love our photos and Santiago gave them to us in less than a month. Highly recommend!!! :)

Sent on 03/10/2019

Allison Wittig · Married on 12/12/2018

Fantastic, timely, reliable and friendly photographer!

Santi and his additional photographer were fantastic! They went above and beyond to capture our day. We got married at Dreams Playa Mujeres. He was easy to communicate with via email before the day and arrived on time, maybe even slightly ahead of schedule! He was familiar with the hotel and picked perfect places to capture my dress, and our first look. He knew private areas for us to have moments and paid very close attention to people walking past to make sure they weren't captured in our photos. He communicated with our wedding planner and made all the transitions to getting ready pictures - to first look - to ceremony easy for me. I had no worries! He worked perfectly with the sun going down and noticed when we were struggling with the sun in our eyes and moved us to a better spot. He watched for shadowing as well. He really captured the spirit of our guest and us as a couple. He bonded with our guest and everyone raved about how great Santi was! He felt like a friend by the end of the night. We hope to use him again for a more family photos :)

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Francesca

Francesca Glover · Married on 09/13/2018

Cancun wedding

We used Santiago and his partner Isidro Corona to capture our wedding day.

We have not long returned home from our wedding in Cancun and it had taken around 4-5 weeks to receive all of our photos of our wedding!
    We absolutely love all the photos - they are incredible!! You have serious talent and we were so excited to see them all and re-live what was the best day of our lives. We are over the moon with them.
    Thank you for going above and beyond on our wedding day. You both were so relaxed, fun and friendly, making us feel very comfortable posing for photos! It was such a laugh and pleasure to work with you. We LOVE the horse and carriage shots and of course the veil photos looks amazing! We really appreciate the time and energy you put in from getting ready to the ceremony to the reception you both captured some great dancing shots as well as us all necking back tequila shot!
    We are so pleased with our photos - you both have an incredible eye for a great shot! I will definitely recommend you to any bride getting married in Cancun.
    We will definitely use again in the future when we head back to Cancun hopefully to capture a new chapter in our lives! Thank you again x

Sent on 10/19/2018

marisa · Married on 09/12/2018

Santiago was great! We found him on yelp! Communication was easy and he helped us to feel very comfortable. It was a very hot day and we had to take a couple of breaks to freshen up and he was very patient and didn't rush us! Our photos were processed very quickly and look amazing! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Crystal · Married on 06/23/2018

What an incredible experience we had with Santiago! Im from California and was in search for a photographer since we were getting married in Isla Mujeres. I did some research and Santiago kept coming up in my searches and every time he always had 5 start reviews. I now understand why! I contacted him for some information and asked if he was willing to go to Isla Mujeres and he said of course! I was so happy because i really liked all his work and really wanted him as our photographer. You might keep seeing on all his reviews about how great his communication is, let me tell you that is also very true. He was always quick to answer all our questions. From start to finish he worked so hard capturing all the important moments. Very professional and laid back. All of our family and friends really enjoyed his company. We didn’t have to wait long to receive our photos. I was expecting to wait at least 6 weeks but I received them in about 2 weeks! We couldn’t be any happier with the way they turned out. I highly recommend Santiago for your wedding, engagement, or any occasion!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Maria · Married on 05/26/2018

We hired Santi for our wedding at Secrets Playa Mujeres and we cannot express how happy and satisfied we are with our photos! He was a pleasure to work with and by the end of the night, felt like family! He was very reasonably priced, professional and experienced throughout the whole process. You can definitely see the difference from an experienced photographer and we would recommend & hire him again without hesitation! Do yourself a favor and hire him for any special occasion!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Kate · Married on 05/07/2018

We hired Santi for our wedding at Secrets Capri in May 2018. To say that we were happy with the result would be an understatement - we are in LOVE with the results. Santi was easy to communicate with from the very first email through to him sending us the final proofs, very prompt and professional every step of the way. My husband and I are not overly comfortable in front of the camera, and Santi went out of his way to make sure we got the perfect photos to capture our amazing wedding day. We HIGHLY recommend Santi to anyone out there looking for a photographer - he was a dream to work with!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Larissa · Married on 05/04/2018

Santiago did an amazing job at capturing our special day. He was an absolute joy to work with! He was friendly, fast at responsiveness, flexible in working with our budget, and extremely creative in getting the most beautiful shots possible. 5 stars across the board! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Raely · Married on 04/11/2018

Santi was an absolute dream to work with! He promptly answered all my questions and was highly organized in the process with securing him as our wedding photographer. He truly has an eye for photography and we really enjoyed having him around the day of! We ended up having photo/video for 6.5 hours. I received my photos 1.5 week after wedding - highly recommend :)

Sent on 04/30/2018

Rebecca · Married on 02/20/2018

If you haven't yet booked your wedding photographer, look no further, and book this man! This was by far the best decision we made regarding our wedding. We researched for hours, and picked Santi as our wedding photographer for our February 2018 wedding at The Grand Sirenis. Our resort offered a photography package, however that meant we would be allocated a photographer based on who was working that day, and we wouldn't know who it was beforehand. It was important to us to not only know who our photographer would be, but speak to them and share some ideas before our wedding. We loved Santi's portfolio, and his communication was amazing from day one. On our wedding day he blended in well and became a member of our family. Our guests loved him as much as we did, and our only regret is that we didn't get him to stay for the entire party! We had a TTD in a private cenote 2 days after our wedding, and no - it didn't trash my dress, it was cleaner than it was before getting into the water. For those of you considering a TTD, do it, we are so happy we added this to our package. It was hard to limit myself to only 10 pictures to share with you, as we have so many amazing pictures to choose from. Photographs will become your memories of your wedding day for generations to come, they are very important to get right. I am so happy we picked Santi to capture our big day, and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 03/08/2018