Santana Entertainment Reviews

Santana Entertainment 3
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 09/28/2019

10/10, Would Recommend!

Santana was WONDERFUL at our wedding on 9/28/19. I heard about her through word of mouth, as she'd taken care of another teacher/bride.
    Prior to the wedding, we had a few phone calls. She was able to speak to her professional experience and assist me with planning. She was accommodating with our unusual venue sound setup and made sure that we had music for each part of our special day. Her husband and assistant, Mike, was excellent as well. On the day of our wedding, she helped initiate some last minute tasks while my soon-to-be husband and I went off to have our first look and portraits taken. We knew we were in good hands!
    From the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception, Santana set the tone. We created some lists for her in a client portal and gave general guidelines for what we envisioned. It was seamless! We had our acoustic favorites playing as guests found their ceremony seats, easy listening for a classy cocktail hour and dinner, and a really cool blend of classic rock and pop for dancing.
    Dear Husband is typically shy on the dance floor, as are many of our guests. I love to dance and wanted that for our wedding. Santana DELIVERED. The dance floor was well populated the whole night through, we were sweaty and smiling, and even the people who remained seated were wiggling and singing along to all our favorites with us! Plenty of unintentional harmonies were had to many a Queen song :).
    Before announcing anything, Santana and Mike made sure to notify the newlyweds first so we could prepare for the transitions. This was great for our dances with parents, the cake cutting, and the final dances of the night. It flew by so fast, I'm glad someone else was keeping time!
    I contacted a lot of DJs in our search. I wanted a very specific kind of person in charge of our wedding sound. I wanted client-centered service, someone with similar music interests to our own, and someone who would be responsive to our guests on the dance floor. We didn't want our wedding to feel like a night at the club. NOBODY could match Santana's qualifications, professionalism, personalized service. She set the mood for each part of our day and kept things flowing. She was not at all intrusive in her announcements. Working with her was an absolute pleasure and I wouldn't change a thing!
    Big thanks to Santana Entertainment! We'll definitely spread the word about you!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Raven · Married on 09/06/2019

Santana is awesome!!!!

Santana is the best DJ ever! If you want the best, you have to hire her! Without her, the wedding would not have flowed right. Her ability to read a crowd is mesmerizing! She exceeded all expectations and worth every penny & more you pay her! It's not often guests mention "who is that awesome DJ you have"--- Yes, Santana is that good! with love, Raven & David

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Susan

Susan Bivone · Married on 08/03/2019

Flawless DJ experience at Antrim 1844

We had an absolutely fantastic experience with Santana. We hired Santana to DJ at our wedding in August of 2019. Our ceremony and reception were at Antrim 1844 in Taneytown, MD. Santana was already really familiar August of 2019. Our ceremony and reception were at Antrim 1844 in Taneytown, MD. Santana was already really familiar with the venue.

As we planned out the wedding, she worked with us to make sure we had the sound system worked out for the ceremony and reception. We also used her online forms to pick songs for the wedding party introductions, the special dances, and the general music for the dinner and party. The online system was really comprehensive and easy to use and we were able to find every song we wanted.

Santana is very nice and personable. She shared with us a lot about herself and made an effort to get to know us as we planned for the big day. She was very good about listening to what we wanted.

When it came time for the wedding, she was a perfect emcee. She followed the timeline we wanted and even quickly made adjustments when things had to change. The music arrangement was perfect. She knew exactly how our guests were feeling and played to the energy of the room. The music was also just the right volume. Loud enough to dance, but never too loud to have a conversation.

We are so happy to have picked Santana for our wedding. We will definitely recommend her to everyone we know.

Santana Entertainment 4
    Santana Entertainment 5
    Santana Entertainment 6
    Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Mike

Mike Del Borrello · Married on 07/12/2019

Musical Passion

Not many DJs are filled with the passion of making a night of remembrance! This DJ is Santana! Our family is still getting praise from guests that didn't want the night to end and said that there favorite song just played! Santana is a true musical extraordinaire who very easily orchestrated one of the best wedding events for our family hands down! Without much effort, she was able to keep the excitement alive for the entire evening...wanting more when time to leave. We hope to book her for future wedding and happy to refer her to anyone reading this. Thanks Santana!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Santana Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Mike for this wonderful review! This means so much to me since you are also a professional DJ of over 30 years AND the Father of the Bride! I loved working with you and your family! You have such a great group of family and friends! It was a perfect evening and my honor to be a part of your daughter's special day!

Veronica D. · Married on 04/27/2019

Hands down best vendor decision!

Hands down one of the best hiring decisions we made for our wedding. Santana was worth every penny, and weeks after our wedding we are still getting compliments about her! Not only was she incredibly helpful and knowledgeable while planning (she's worked hundreds of weddings and helped us plan every part of our reception down to the minute), but she knew exactly how to keep our party going all night. She read the room flawlessly and picked songs that kept our dance floor packed the entire evening. As one of our guests said, most DJs don't stand out, but Santana was a notably positive part of our reception. If you're still looking for a DJ, we couldn't recommend Santana more!

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia I. · Married on 04/13/2019

Wonderful!

Santana was amazing to work with! From the moment we spoke with her, we felt like we were already friends and knew she'd be perfect for our wedding! My fiance and I had a great time selecting songs on her web portal, and Santana definitely honored our requests. She went above and beyond by offering advice and suggestions on how to make our day flow smoothly. We got TONS of compliments on the music. I can't thank you enough!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Jacqueline · Married on 10/20/2018

Best DJ we could have asked for!

My husband and I hired Santana to DJ our wedding reception and are so glad we did! She was fantastic- from our first phone call to the end, she devoted her time and energy to making sure we were comfortable and had all of our questions answered.
    She incorporated all of our music requests and made sure that our personal favorites were played during the cocktail hour and dinner since they were not 'dancing' songs. We had numerous friends and family (of all ages, including the older generations) compliment us on the music. The dance floor was full the entire night.
    Santana was also a great MC, and made sure that announcements were made timely and effectively, but did not invoke herself in the reception, like some DJs tend to do. Thank you Santana!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Lisa · Married on 09/02/2018

WOW!!! Santana was amazing!!! My daughter and now son-in-law were very difficult to work with. They didn't get their songs to Santana until 3 days before the wedding. She was professional and patient and helped them through the process. Everyone commented after the wedding about how much fun they had and how they couldn't stay off the dance floor. We had such an amazing time and I credit Santana with making the party such a huge success!!!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Diane · Married on 08/05/2018

Loved, loved, loved Santana! My daughter initially didn't want a DJ, but I talked her into hiring one. Santana was WONDERFUL! She worked with us to ensure the pre-ceremony music was perfect (she pretty much picked it out with my daughter's blessings), worked with our musicians for the ceremony (a niece and nephew), and make the reception what it was. She was professional and so very easy to work with! The guests were dancing till the very end! Can't thank or recommend her enough.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Rossanna · Married on 08/04/2018

We loved Santana as our dj for our wedding on 8/4/18. From the first moment that we spoke to her on the phone, we knew that she was the best dj for us! She was the only one who asked questions like, what is the ratio between family and friends that will attend. She also went above and beyond and explain best table seating arrangements and what a hot and cold room was. We are not talking about temperature; Santana can explain it to you. We kept the people out dancing and moving and that is what we wanted.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Danielle · Married on 07/07/2018

Santana was amazing! To begin, she is very considerate of teachers and service men and women regarding her prices. As for her professionalism and customer service, she is top notch. I'm the first person in my family to have a full-blown wedding (about 100 people) and she guided me every step of the way. I can't say how many hours she spent with me on the phone discussing every detail so that I wouldn't miss or forget anything. The timeline she provides was also very important and helpful to the rest of my vendors. On the wedding day itself she was prompt, punctual, fun, and (once again) a great guide. She informed me of all of the upcoming events before they happened so that I didn't have to worry about forgetting anything or thinking about anything throughout the night - my husband and I were just able to enjoy ourselves as a result. If you are looking for a D.J. for your wedding I couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Laura · Married on 06/16/2018

Santana made our wedding day the best celebration ever!! Very easy to navigate their website and choose music! Really kept our dance floor moving and guests entertained. Thank you Santana!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Veronica · Married on 09/17/2017

Santana was great! She and her staff helped make our dream wedding day a huge success! She will customize your music based on your selections and she also plays what is suitable for the audience she is addressing. Our wedding was last Sunday on 9/17/17 and my husband and I were very happy with her services.
    Veronica

Sent on 09/23/2017

Amy · Married on 09/16/2017

Santana was AMAZING! She kept the dance floor full the entire night! Everyone from tots to grands were on the floor, even our 95 year old uncle! She kept things flowing, yet hardly knew that she was there. She even let the father of the bride relive his old DJ days by letting him at the controls for a bit. I would use Santana again in a heartbeat. Very reasonable, flexible and very accommodating and professional. She really knows the business. Her suggestions were spot on. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Melanie · Married on 08/19/2017

Santana Entertainmemt was great! Relaible, organized and fun! Everything went so smoothly during the entire ceremony and reception. Mic's used during the ceremony allowed guests to hear my officiant great! Music selection at my wedding was so important to me and Santana kept the flow moving and party moving along! Everything was so organized and thought out and my guests were having a great time! I would definitely use her again for future gatherings! I highly recommend Santana for your wedding! Just be prepared for the night to go so fast when you're having that much fun!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 08/12/2017

Santana was amazing to work with as I was planning my wedding. She was so helpful and attentive to all of my needs. While I didn't get the chance to meet her until the day of my wedding, I was more than comfortable booking her regardless. She is very professional and it is apparent that she is very experienced at her job. My wedding flowed smoothly thanks to all of her help!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Joe · Married on 06/24/2017

Exceptional DJ. Santana knows how to get the party started and keep it going. She was a pleasure to work with, played fantastic music, provided great service where a mic was needed, and garnered constant praises from several people all night long.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Cheryl · Married on 06/23/2017

Santana Entertainment went beyond my expectations. Not only was she helpful with music selection, sound system set-up suggestions and the like, BUT she offered valuable insight into the reception planning. We had a number of live music performances and Santana was accommodating and more than flexible incorporating this aspect of our ceremony and reception into her programming. We sincerely thank her for all that she did to make our day special.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Christiana · Married on 06/17/2017

Santana was the perfect addition to our wedding reception. From our very first consultation conversation, I could tell she was a professional and a really sweet person to boot! Many guests shared with my wife and I both during and after the ceremony how much they enjoyed Santana's selection of music and her overall vibe. She helped us create a wonderful and smooth evening even with impromptu moments of fun within the night! I recommend her very highly and wish her the best!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Emily · Married on 06/10/2017

Everyone came up to us during and after the wedding saying how great our music and DJ was. Santana started the party off right with great, upbeat music during the cocktail hour that led to basically all 200 of our guests on the dance floor the rest of the night. She listened to what was important to us, and used her vast experience and charisma to put on a wedding even better than we could have imagined.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Michele · Married on 06/10/2017

I can't say enough about how fabulous Santana is to work with and how attentive and professional she was as DJ for our daughter's wedding. She created a magical event. So many of our guests commented on the music and how much fun they had. Our crowd widely ranged in ages and so many told us that ours was the best wedding they ever went to! Many of our guests were from New York, too!!
    Her attention to details is unmatched and all of her suggestions were spot on for helping us give our guests an amazing time and give our daughter and her husband their dream wedding come true! We ALL danced the night away! Highly highly HIGHLY recommend Santana! I may have to throw my husband a 60th birthday party so I can hire her again! :)

Sent on 06/23/2017

Brian · Married on 06/03/2017

Santana was amazing from beginning to end. On our very first call, she took the time to get to know us as a couple and talk about what kind of wedding we wanted and what our vision was. She also talked about what kind of music we like and don't like. Santana utilizes a website that lets you enter all your information - wedding party, agenda, etc... - so everything is in one spot. She helped us organize our entire day which was great for us because we never thought of all the different things we needed to consider. One of the best parts of the website was the list of most popular wedding songs and you can create "must play" "play if there's time" and "absolutely do not play" lists to ensure you have the wedding you want. I think what we appreciated most about Santana was her expertise paired with her flexibility. She repeatedly told us it was our day and she would do whatever we wanted - and she meant it. But she also had a ton of ideas and recommendations from her experience and these were so helpful. Our wedding was awesome because she did such a great job. When our guests seemed shy to get out on the dance floor, she asked us if she could do a couple's dance to get people dancing - and it worked! From then on the dance floor was packed. She played a great selection of music and paired our playlist with songs our guests requested and songs she could tell people would like. If a song seemed to garner a lukewarm response, she'd end it quickly and go to another. And when songs really got everyone excited, she would try and play more like that one. Santana checked in with us before the night ended and gave us big hugs. So I'm not just saying it, from beginning - the planning - to the end, Santana was a dream to work with. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Thank you Santana for making our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Shannon · Married on 05/21/2017

Santana is a wonderful DJ and has a great personality. She will do whatever it takes to make you happy. And she will be honest if she thinks a song wont be good or people wont dance to it for ex. a song me and my husbands mom picked for him called Waynes World as a surprise, since his name is Wayne we thought it would be funny, but Santana was right when she said noone woud get it ;-) She knows her stuff. Unfortunantly because my wedding was on a Sunday and during the day we didn't have a lot of people dancing, but she did a great job anyway and everyone loved the music during the cocktail hour and when we all were eating. I would recommend Santana to others in a heartbeat. She is a sweetheart and very professional too! So glad my friend recommended her.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Kourtney · Married on 04/13/2017

Wonderful to work with! She helped us last minute and was flexible with last minite changes even day of. She was friendly and kept the guests entertained and dancing!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Stephanie · Married on 04/01/2017

Santana is truly a God send! She not only provided the entertainment for our wedding, she was there for me every step of the way from planning to just being that shoulder to cry on. I HIGHLY recommend her for your wedding or next event - I promise that you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/07/2017