Santa Ynez Inn Reviews

Santa Ynez Inn 1
Santa Ynez Inn 2
Santa Ynez Inn 3

Myla · Married on 10/01/2017

I got married at the Inn on October 1st, and it could not have gone better. I was so happy with the service, the attention and the communication by the Assistant GM Kristopher Salloway, he made sure to go over every detail with me from start to finish! His attention to detail, exceeded our expectations. My husband and I stayed at their sister property, The Landsby for a few nights before staying at The Inn, and Kristopher made it a point to come by to welcome us. This venue is absolutely stunning. We'll absolutely be back to visit Kristopher and The Santa Ynez Inn. I would give 10 stars if I could.

Santa Ynez Inn 4
    Santa Ynez Inn 5
    Santa Ynez Inn 6
    Sent on 10/13/2017

Lauryn · Married on 12/31/2016

My husband and I chose to have our wedding at this hotel. We couldn't have chosen a better venue. It was so lovely and surpassed my expectations!

Planning a wedding at this venue was as stress free as it could have been. Kristopher, the wedding coordinator from the Inn, was available to help us at every step of the way in the planning process and the day-of event execution. He helped us write out a timeline, create a floor plan, arrange a tasting of the menu, and was very accommodating in providing ice tea and water for guests at the ceremony, and a few decorative tables as well. He also threw in extra roasted vegetable dishes at the reception buffet that we weren't expecting! The Inn provided tables, linens, dinnerware, chairs, a full bar, a full buffet and servers. I loved that I didn't have to worry about clean up or coordinating with a million vendors.

The atmosphere at the Inn made the wedding so lovely. The vintage architecture and all of the greenery and flowers gave us some amazing photos. We held the reception in the coach house, which has beautiful wood floors, huge romantic barn doors, bar area, and big chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. It was perfect for an elegant, intimate, candlelit reception.

As far as staying at the Inn, that was a great experience as well. My husband and I got the honeymoon suite, complete with jacuzzi, fireplace, and balcony. The Inn provides a continental breakfast every morning, as well as hors d'oeuvres and dessert in the evenings. I am used to the standard boring continental breakfast from chain hotels, but this was 10 times better than that. Delicious gourmet pastries, berries and fruit, artisan granola, and omelets, crepes and pancakes made to order. Also great coffee and a fancy selection of teas.

We were so impressed by this hotel and couldn't be happier that we decided to have our wedding here!

Sent on 12/28/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2014

VERY reasonably priced and well worth it! The event coordinator, accommodations, food and attention to details was impeccable1

Sent on 12/21/2014

Rebecca · Married on 06/21/2014

The Santa Ynez Inn was the absolute perfect place for my wedding ceremony. The staff was amazing. Very helpful and friendly. The Inn was also a beautiful setting for pictures. We will be back for anniversary's to come!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Alyx · Married on 06/12/2014

The venue was beautiful. We had our ceremony in the outside area and the reception in the Coach House. The cost for the venue was more than reasonable. Catering was done by the venue and the food options were varied and everyone enjoyed the food.

The event planner (Bobby Rosenstrauch) was very helpful, providing advice regarding additional vendors as well as staging and timing of the event. Bobby helped us coordinate the entire event through e-mails and phone calls as we lived over 3 hours from the venue. The wedding day went very smoothly and that was in large part to Bobby's assistance throughout the process.

Sent on 12/19/2014

John · Married on 07/23/2017

Highly recommend venue for ceremony and coach house for reception. All dinner selections were outstanding. Kristopher and his staff did a great job with attention to detail.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Dolly · Married on 03/26/2011

I had my reception here and they also referred me to other vendors for my linen and dance floor rentals, flowers, decorations, and cake. I worked with Bethany and she was great! The rental fee was much less than it would have been in Santa Barbara, and I got a lot of help with planning too! Overall, it worked out great and I would recommend it for the reception and other planning needs.

Sent on 05/29/2012

1.2
      0.0
      0.0
      2.0

We booked the SYI for our wedding in November 2014 with a wedding day of January 2, 2016. We have a detailed review that we left on Yelp (check it out). But for the character limit, here’s the synopsis:

-Kirsten did not set up any meetings or follow up with communication, I ALWAYS reached out to her regarding logistics and meetings
    -Our deposits were never charged automatically, I ALWAYS called the hotel to remind Kirsten to charge our card. Apparently she never saved our new address or card number either so I had to give it her multiple times
    -Prepare to ask Kirsten the same question multiple times...and get different answers
    -Our rehearsal dinner was cancelled here 4 weeks prior (we had to find a replacement)
    -Expect there to be last minute changes because Kirsten is not detail orientated (i.e. seating chart was not set up per layout, lawn was not flipped from the ceremony per layout, no juice station per layout & discussion, menu items missing from tasting, ect...)
    -Expect the bill to be incorrect. We received the bill at 2pm on our wedding day. Check. Their. Math!!! Then expect to go back and forth via email for a week to discuss compensation. When the final is finally correct, the itemization on the bill wasn’t fixed...just a line item at the bottom that says “Adj Group Attrition / refund for disputes”.

Gorgeous venue, beautiful hotel, amazing hotel staff that is helpful and understanding. The poor front desk staff was caught in the middle while we were trying to reach Kirsten and Kristopher. But in the end, we will always remember our wedding as the best day of our lives because we made it so. We didn’t let anyone ruin anything.

Sent on 01/25/2016