Sandra L. Porterfield Wedding & Event Floral Designs Reviews

80 Reviews for Sandra L. Porterfield Wedding & Event Floral Designs

• Hannah

Hannah · Married on 06/01/2019

The very best florist!

I am SO incredibly, over the moon happy and so very thankful we had Sandy as our florist! She is without a doubt the very best at what she does! She is creative, talented and the sweetest most genuine person! I am honestly looking for a reason to use a florist again as I loved getting to work with her and I loved our flowers so much!
    We first met Sandy in August of last year, 9 months before our wedding! Frank (my now husband!) & I know nothing about flowers and went into our meeting with a very basic idea of what we thought we wanted. She opened our eyes to so many possibilities - she had beautiful pictures of her past work displayed in her cozy barn turned flower studio. She spent over an hour getting to know us, hearing about what we envisioned our wedding day looking like & walking through our entire day & for who/what/where we would like to include floral. She took notes & shortly after our meeting, emailed us a written proposal of everything we had dreamed up together! Of course, as our wedding date got closer our ideas and colors and visions changed and Sandy was super flexible with us. I met with her a second time, with both my mom & mother-in-law to be and we spent well near two hours with her! She walked through her entire proposal with us and we made changes to almost every selection we had and added more floral requests! Sandy was so patient with us, understanding, knowledgeable and gave so many great suggestions. Our moms to this day talk about how much of a wonderful day we had planning with the sweetest Sandy!
    The day of our wedding Sandy arrived early and set up our ceremony site flowers, cocktail hour flowers, reception center pieces and sweet heart table greenery beautifully! She delivered my bouquet and I cannot even describe to you how perfect it was! She had taken photos I had liked and flowers we had talked about, blended them together and created the most stunning bouquet I have ever seen! She even found this beautiful purple flower I had liked in a photo, that she hadn't used before, and incorporated it into my bouquet - I was speechless! My bridesmaids had beautiful bouquets, my flower girl had the cutest basket filled with pedals and the groom and groomsme's boutonnieres were classic and elegant. Our guest could not stop raving about how beautiful our floral was, many have told us they hadn't seen anything like it before!
    Sandy goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy with her product. She excels with her craft & takes the time to get to know you and exactly what you are looking for. I am forever thankful for her making our day so beautiful and I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Kasie

Kasie Shover · Married on 10/26/2018

Most amazing florals I have ever seen

There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how incredibly talented Sandy Porterfield is! My older sister and cousin both used her and they recommended me to her. From the very beginning, she was amazing. She was professional, SO sweet, and responsive to email. At our initial meeting, we explained what we were looking for and she was completely on the same page. I knew that the florals would be beautiful but when she arrived on our wedding day and showed me the bouquets, I about fainted - they were breathtaking... the most beautiful bouquets I have ever seen. All of my bridesmaids were completely amazed, as well. My husband comes from a line of florists and his entire family was completely blown away by Sandy's work! Her vision is unbelievably beautiful and she truly made our fairy tale wedding come true! There is no one better than Sandy. Now we are looking for reasons to work with Sandy again so that we can enjoy the beauty that she provides! We love you Sandy!! If I could give you 10 stars I would.

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Kalyn

Kalyn · Married on 08/25/2018

Working was Sandra was absolutely wonderful. She was able to make my vision come to life in such a beautiful way. She is a warm and kind person, which makes working with her even more delightful. She was able to scale back on things when I asked her to help us cut costs and then was able to add things (like stunning chandelier greenery) for a reasonable price. 100% recommend her!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Anna · Married on 06/16/2018

Sandra was a dream to work with from start to finish! She brought our wedding day vision to life by crafting gorgeous arrangements and bouquets for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The colors and design were elegant, romantic and natural-looking. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Alison · Married on 09/16/2017

Sandra did an absolutely amazing and gorgeous job with the flowers for my wedding. The flowers and colors she came up with were beyond anything I could have imagined and I loved them. I wanted to do something a little different from the traditional white wedding-looking flowers, and I received SO MANY compliments from friends and family on how beautiful and unique and different they were. I wish I could go back and walk through and see them again! Sandra was also a pleasure to work with and truly takes a lot of pride in her work.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Maria · Married on 08/25/2017

Sandra is awesome! She's incredibly kind and lovely and her arrangements were breathtaking. She got the vibe we wanted right away and created the most beautiful and enchanting arrangements I've ever seen!!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Courtney · Married on 10/15/2016

Sandra completely exceeded my expectations. The flowers she brought on my wedding day were perfection. She was so innovative and the colors we totally on point. I would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Mikala · Married on 08/13/2016

Sandra was able to capture my vision with one meeting! I could not imagine anything better! The flowers were gorgeous and I could not stop obsessing over them! I would seriously book with Sandra! An amazing talent and so fun to work with!! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Laura · Married on 06/25/2016

We had Sandy create our florals for our wedding this past summer. I cannot say enough about the incredible professional she is; she made us feel so comfortable and welcomed when we visited her shop, and she is one of the sweetest and kind-hearted people you could hope to work with while planning a wedding! During a time that can be stressful, Sandy is a breath of fresh air and a joy to work with! She took the vision I had in mind and turned it into reality. I had every confidence in her abilities, and she delivered with such beautiful results! We will always remember working with Sandy, and her dedication to and love for what she does! We were so honored to have her beautiful floral creations on our wedding day. If you are looking for a florist who is as talented as she is kind and passionate, Sandy is for you!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Samantha · Married on 05/14/2016

I was simply blown away at the creative designs Sandra created! I gave her a few colors and ideas to work with and she made it perfect! It was just what I was imagining on my wedding day and more. I will definitely recommend using Sandra to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, beautiful and creative florist.

Sent on 06/22/2016

AMAZING! Sandy was nothing short of amazing! She took my vision and with her creativity made it happen. The flowers that she used for the wedding were just stunning. I had happy tears when I saw my bouquet - just stunning. Everyone thought the flowers and centerpieces were just beautiful. I highly recommend her for any floral needs.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Joelle · Married on 01/09/2016

I was emotional many times on my wedding day, but the first time I cried that morning was when Sandra showed me my bridal bouquet for the very first time while I was getting my hair and makeup done. It was the most beautiful bouquet that I had ever seen. Sandra was wonderful to work with from start to finish. I know basically nothing when it comes to flowers, and she took the time to really listen to Chris and I’s vision for the day and how we wanted everything to look and feel. She absolutely brought my winter wedding dreams to life! The reception space was more gorgeous than I ever imagined it would be, so earthy and cozy. And I have never seen our home church sanctuary look so utterly beautiful in my life. The bouquets and boutonnieres fit our vision perfectly. Sandra was incredible to work with, and on top of being insanely talented she is a truly lovely person with a huge heart! She responded so quickly to any of our calls or emails, and always put our minds at ease! I can never thank her enough for giving me the gift of my dream winter wedding. For any bride looking for the PERFECT florist- Sandra Porterfield is the one for the job!!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Megan · Married on 09/26/2015

Sandra did all of the flowers for our wedding this past Saturday in Gap, PA. They were awesome! My bridal bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets were nice and full and looked awesome! The contained all of the various shades of purple like we had discussed with some fun textures (via flowers or greens) mixed in. For the reception our guest tables alternated having long and low centerpieces and white milk glass bud vases with assorted flowers and blooms. Everyone loved them! Sandra was really easy to work with. Always reachable via email or phone and got back to you quickly. She also helped out when I had questions about napkin colors to make sure everything matched, what kind of stands to use for table numbers and votive candles too. I had several people asking me who our florist was and I gladly told them about Sandra.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Hannah · Married on 08/01/2015

Sandy created the most beautiful flowers for my wedding on 08/01/2015. The arrangements were unique and breathtaking! I couldn't have been more pleased. Sandy was easy to talk to, listened to what I wanted, and was very flexible. I would highly recommend her to anyone that is looking for stunning arrangements. We had several compliments on the flowers throughout the night.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Tracy · Married on 07/25/2015

Sandra was absolutely amazing! Her flowers are a work of art. She made our wedding day so very special. She is extremely pleasant and made our flowers just the way we wanted them. Very personable and accommodating. 100% satisfied. Highly recommend to anyone. Sandy is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Tracy · Married on 07/05/2015

Sandy was amazing! Had terrific ideas, and worked with me to create a wonderful wedding. From my flowers down the aisle to the arch she created, to the centerpieces to my bridal bouquet. Everything was wonderful, she was so wonderful to work with. Can't say enough about her.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Katey · Married on 06/26/2015

Sandy is an amazing person to work with. She has so many great ideas and is willing to work with you to personalize everything to how you want it. I wanted the dads and my now husband to have something a little special and personalized and she did an amazing job! (Husband and his dad has sailors knots and my dad had a sliver of wood incorporated into their boutonnieres) I had requested for all of the flowers to be bright and in season and the compliments and comments that were given about the flowers were just amazing! Her ideas for centerpieces were great because not only did I use flowers, but I used green fruit as well and everything was absolutely gorgeous! I actually have pictures that our photographers took of the arrangements hanging in my house now. I highly recommend Sandy to anyone looking for floral arrangements. Such a wonderful and caring person to work with.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Emily · Married on 07/12/2014

I can't even begin to describe how happy and impressed I am with the bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces that Sandy created for my wedding. One of the first things that you will notice about Sandy is how genuinely friendly she is. Friendliness is something that is very important to me. I also didn't have a very big budget but Sandy was still able to work with me and in the end delivered products that went beyond anything I could have imagined or hoped for. The wedding theme was rustic, natural and very laid-back. I told Sandy a little bit about what I liked, showed her some ideas from Pinterest, and told her that I would like to stick with berry tones for the flowers. The flowers fit my theme perfectly and I loved how it looked like I was carrying a bouquet of wildflowers. She even included actually berries in the bouquet and my husbands boutonniere- so cool! We used mason jars for the centerpieces and Sandy even took care of putting the table numbers I created on the mason jars. It's been 3 days since the wedding and I can't stop staring at my bouquet; I'm just in awe of the beauty of the flowers. I definitely recommend Sandy- she is trustworthy, friendly, and extremely talented!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Bill · Married on 07/05/2014

Sandra did exactly what we wanted! From the time we talked to the wedding day. Everything was beautiful and more than we expected! The flowers were absolutely beautiful!!!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Ann · Married on 06/28/2014

Sandy is an amazing designer and florist. we described to her what we wanted, and she came up with something so much better than I could have ever hoped for.
    she met with us at the venue (Bube's Brewery) and gave us lots of suggestions.

I have one friend who has a great eye for detail and design, and she gave high marks to the decorations!

we used one of the decorations on the arch as a door decoration at our home , and as it dried, it looks even better!

Sent on 07/12/2014
  • User4196429 · 2+ years ago

I can't say enough about Sandy Porterfield! From the first time we met her we were impressed by her! She is creative and professional and extremely kind! The flowers for our daughters wedding were the most gorgeous wedding flowers I have ever seen! The cascading flowers on the cake were beautiful! All of the centerpieces and bouquets were so pretty! Everyone wanted to know who our florist was! Sandy Porterfield is a real find! She helped to make our daughter's wedding day perfect!!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Sandra did an unbelievable job on our bouquets, floral arrangements, and table centerpieces! Everything turned out even better than I could have dreamed of! She really figured out what we wanted in terms of colors and theme and made our tables look awesome. The entire night I received comments about how beautiful the flowers were!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Abby · Married on 11/02/2013

Sandra was wonderful. Such a pleasure to work with. She is very accommodating and will work with you to create the perfect look no matter what your budget is! She thinks outside the box and will go the extra mile to make your day extra special!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Sandra is amazing!! The first time I met with her, my ideas were all over the place. Sandra saw my vision and helped me make it our reality! She genuinely listened to all of my ideas and made sure it was everything that I wanted. She was always reachable and extremely easy to communicate thoughts and ideas with. I never had to worry about a thing with the florals having complete confidence in Sandra and her talent, but even on our wedding day I was amazed at exactly how beautiful all of her arrangements were!! I could not have imagined anything more perfect. Sandra even went as far as remembering my favorite flower and when it didn't exactly work into my budget, she still put the flower into my bouqet! Sandra has an amazing talent for making an already beautiful thing even more beautiful. Thank you so much for everything! -Chelsea

Sent on 12/22/2013

Sandra Porterfield is AMAZING! The flowers for my wedding were simply beautiful and exactly what I envisioned, even though I did a terrible job describing what I was hoping for! The flowers she picked out were just perfect.

She is an extremely talented florist, who is also absolutely wonderful to work with. She is extremely professional and flexible. I know very little about flowers, so she was able to make suggestions and give me ideas even though I gave her very little to work with. I am pretty sure the description I provided her with was "I would like something bright and summery." However, what she came up with for my flowers, somehow was exactly what I had envisioned and was hoping for.

I would strongly recommend her to anyone who is getting married or who needs a florist! When people see my wedding pictures, one of the first things they comment on is how beautiful the flowers are. They really were breathtaking!

Sent on 09/08/2013