Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Reviews

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 5
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 6
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 7

Rhonda · Married on 05/18/2015

I could not be any Happier with the services provided for my Daughter's wedding on May 18th. Sandos Playacar has long been a favorite destination of my entire Family and I was thrilled when my daughter chose to be married on their beautiful Beach. The wedding co-ordinator, Maria(& Guadalope) were extremely helpful from the first minute we contacted them. We met with Maria on the evening we arrived and she co-ordinated EVERYTHING perfectly. Beach set up, Flowers, Cake, Music, Officiator, Reception Dinner arrangements in Le Gourmet Restaurant(our Favorite)...It was all PERFECT :) after our meeting...all that was left for "US" to do was have the wedding party ready and our Bride beautiful :) Maria came and picked Us up and drove us to the Beach where the Guest awaited the ceremony at a stunning beach setting. The ceremony itself was so beautiful and our guest were met w champagne for a toast as we exited the beach. The entire ceremony and reception was fabulous and sooooooo easy, because Maria was there to arrange it all :) Sandos Playacar is BY FAR the BEST All Inclusive Resort I have ever stayed at(& I travel ALOT) and Maria is definitely an Asset to their great staff. Thank you all so much for making my daughter's wedding a beautiful memory that we will all cherish :)

Sent on 06/22/2015

Gail · Married on 02/27/2015

The Sandos Playa Car was an absolutely beautiful location for our wedding! Not only was it the perfect location, but the staff was wonderful, extremely professional and yet like family! Maria and Lissett, the wedding coordinators were on point and so helpful with EVERYTHING! I had brought items to put in 'Welcome bags' for our 45 guests and they both (along with some other staff), helped assemble and even deliver to each guests' room! Communication in regards to each decision was very easy and thoroughly explained. We had the Turquois Breeze package and were married right on the beach...it was gorgeous! The cocktail hour afterwards was great too as our guests could relax and enjoy while my new husband and I could have our pictures taken. The reception was so fun...the food was delicious and the DJ/music/dancing was awesome! Many of our guests were very impressed with not only the location and beauty but just how nice all the staff were! They are all very hard workers because they truly do want you to have the best time! I continue to stay in touch with Maria as we really enjoyed working with her! Everyone was great! We will definitely be going back!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Jodie · Married on 02/18/2015

We are so happy we choose the sandos playa are for our wedding destination. Maria our wedding coordinator was amazing. She was very helpful and attentive. I really appreciate everything she did to make our day so special and fun. Our guests were all happy with the resort and the layout of everything. We will defiantly recommend this resort to our family and friends.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Mark · Married on 01/24/2015

There are not enough good words to say about Maria and our wedding at Sandos Playacar. We were terrified at the thought of having a beach wedding in Mexico, and placing all our trust in Maria to get everything right, but she exceeded all our expectations. Everything was perfect, and exactly what we asked for. We even gave her pictures of 2 wedding cakes and asked Maria to combine parts of each into our unique cake and it came out perfect. For the moment we arrived at Sandos and met Maria, we relaxed and knew that we were in good hands.
    Maria coordinated everything, including our wedding, decorations, reception, flowers, cocktail hour, steaming services, and hair and make-up. Every detail was exactly as we requested, and every expectation was exceeded. We were absolutely amazed at how perfect everything turned out!
    The location on the beach was beautiful, the ceremony was very nice, the canapés and cocktail hour were great (we heard – I was taking pictures the entire time), the dinner at the reception was delicious, and the reception was a blast! Everyone agreed that this was one of the best weddings they have ever been to.
    I am not the best at writing reviews, but am very happy to answer any questions you have. Please feel free to contact me at mgd470@yahoo with any questions you have. After the absolutely wonderful wedding Sandos gave us, I want to let everyone know how great it was. Lastly – the price was unbelievable for everything Sandos offered!

Amanda · event on 01/23/2015

Our wedding was amazing. Couldn't ask for anything better. There were a few hiccups, nothing too big, but they were all dealt with professionally and we were very happy with everything. Our wedding planner Maria was better than we expected. She was sweet, patient and very helpful. Our DJ was amazing, as well as our food. The bartender was also very good throughout the night. And our officiant was amazing. Again everything was better than we ever expected.

Loretta and ken · Married on 11/26/2014

Our wedding was perfect and the staff made sure it went smoothly, a great experience!

Sent on 02/15/2015

fiorella · Married on 01/15/2011

maria santabarbara was the wedding planner onsite (included with your package) and she is AMAZING!! great deal for the site and she was very helpful and flexible. i needed to switch my time and it worked perfectly! would get married there again and again!

Sent on 02/04/2011

Brittany · Married on 07/21/2018

We has our wedding with Sandos Playacar July 21, 2018. Our wedding coordinater was Brenda. She was simply amazing. Anything and everything we asked for she was more than accomidating to go. Our wedding went on without a hitch. The whole day was seamless. We had a South Aisan ceremony and a reception. Plus she organize a Mehndi night for the ladies and cigar night for the guys the night before. The decorations were beyond my expectations and the locations for all the events were breath taking. It was very hot on the day of the wedding and she was on top of cool clothes and water for the guests which everyone appreciated. The bartenders and waiters the night of the reception were fantastic and really made a great impression with all 31 one my guests. During our ceremony there was some construcation noise but no worries Brenda made short work of that and the construction stopped for the duration of the ceremony. We cannot express our love and gratitude to Brenda and all of the wedding coordinators for making our day as special as it was. If anyone is interested in having a destination wedding I would highly reccomend Sandos Playacar simply for the fact of the superb job Brenda and her team put into our wedding!!!!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Marie-Josée · Married on 06/27/2018

We very love our weeding, we recommande the Sandos Playacar.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Jill · Married on 06/10/2016

Maria & Marisol were so amazing!! They did everything to make my wedding perfect. It was beyond a dream. The venue is BEAUTIFUL. If I could relive it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Absolutely perfect.

Sent on 06/15/2016

Trying to organize a ceremony in a different country is challenging. Especially when you don't know the quality of the services you are going to get. The team at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort, especially Maria, the Wedding Coordinator, was attentive and responsive to every detail. They are very professional and the quality of services they provided was 10+. From the moment we arrived, we felt 'very special'. Our ceremony on the beach was beautiful. The dinner that followed was set up beautifully with dedicated servers throughout the dinner. There was also a beautiful surprise when we returned the room.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Maria was amazing! She ensured that our big day was stress free and perfect ! We couldn't have asked for a better day.
    We also used the Photopro right at the resort for our pictures and video, they were amazing and very professional and the pictures turned out beautiful.

Sent on 07/07/2015
  • Beckie

Beckie Phipps · Married on 08/16/2019

SandosBrideBeckie

Hair:
    I had Carmen do my hair and my sisters hair, and she was lovely. I'm not keen on having my hair fully up so took along a picture of a semi curly up do... She explained how the heat would make it drop so quick and I'd be veyy sticky with it on the back of my neck, but after telling her how I felt with my hair fully up high she done her best in making sure it lasted as long as she could. Well it lasted the whole evening! Washing my hair the next day was a challenge from the amount of hairspray used, but I was happy to do that to get the hairstyle I wanted. I would suggest giving yourself more time then you'd think at the salon. Our wedding was at 4pm, and we booked 12 and 1pm with the advice well be out by 2... We left gone 2.30 which left minimal time to do everythihing else.
    Makeup I cant comment on as I didn't get done at the resort. My sister is a MUA so she done mine.

Photography:
    We decided to use romanza as we couldn't justify paying an extra $500 to use someone outside the resort. We paid $1200 for the silver package + 1/2 hour extra. Although I love our photos I do feel they could have been better for the price we paid. They are very much similar to other brides I've seen on here e.g. Poses and locations of shots that was taken. You will see in some of our photos that the mens shirts have sweat patches... Aswell as my acne showing in some photos... I expected this to be edited out but got told after that this can be done for an extra cost 🙄 I decided to have ago myself and am alot happier with them now.

Location and set up:
    So for our ceremony we deiceed to go for the beach. We paid for no upgrades at all it was beautiful. Honestly the beach is stunning and you don't need anything else to make it any 'prettier'. We then moved on to the garden for our cocktail hour and reception. Again beautiful. We paid for a sound system for the hour and although apprently a gentalman was there sorting when my guests arrived, when we arrived half hour later there was no music. My brother in law actually went onto the cuomuter himself to click 'shuffle' to make our play list continue.

Since we had the serenity blue package we was only allowed one hour DJ at the reception without paying extra. So again decided to have the sound system for the other hours. We already brought a USB full of dinner songs, then party songs so the DJ was irrelevant tbh. We upgraded our tables to have rectangle ones aswell as matching chairs. We also paid for the white vinyl dance floor and string lights. For me all these things made the garden perfect for our small wedding of 18guests. I don't think it would have been the same without paying for these upgrades.

Flowers and cake:
    I decided to bring my own flowers for myself, my sister (MOH) and daughter (flowergirl), as the prices seemed abit much to buy theirs to match my included one. So instead I asked if my bouquet flowers could be used on our cake which they agreed to. They matched all the flowers perfectly to my bouquet.

Food and drink:
    We went for the Mexican buffet and it was amazing! Everyone enjoyed it and went up for seconds. The staff was amazing too as a couple of the children wouldn't any of the food so they arranged for them to get some spag bowl. The drinks was great, the cocktails made at the cocktail hour was the best we had there! They had loads to choose from at the reception. Everyone was very happy with yhh e selection... Even when they was getting low of a certain somehhing they got more brought to us.

It was a dream come true. My wedding co ordinator was Ruth and although we only met 2 days before the big day and didn't really have much contact before this time (few standard emails back and forth), she made everything perfect. She listened to exactly what I wanted in our wedding meeting and on the day made it so it was exactly how I envisioned. I can't thank her and the Wedding team enough.

Our wedding date was 16th August and was out there 12th-26th.

Sent on 09/21/2019
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 14
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 15

Katelyn · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding on 11/11/2018.

Our wedding coordinator was Monse. She was so friendly and helpful. She gave us everything we asked for and more. Our day was beautiful and we have her to thank.

The resort exceeded our expectations. The food was the best at the wedding, but it was good everywhere else. We could always find something that was good. The sit down restaurants we’re better than the buffet. But the breakfast was great at the buffet.

We really enjoyed our stay here as did our 65 guests. The resort isn’t too large, but provides a good selection of activities, pools, and food. We would definitely go back.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Hsin · Married on 04/14/2018

We are SO glad we decided to have our wedding at Sandos Playacar. They made our dream day come true. We picked Sandos Playacar as it had great reviews both from a wedding experience perspective as well as from the overall/non-wedding guests stay perspective, and Sandos Playacar did not disappoint--they exceeded high expectations and we had our perfect wedding weekend. We were a little unsure of what to expect planning our wedding remotely, but the wedding planning team and Brenda, our resort wedding coordinator, made sure we had a total blast with a beautiful wedding. Planning was done via email; my questions were typically answered within 1-3 days and they were so accommodating to allow me to personalize the wedding in the ways that we wished while simultaneously having all necessities (food, colors, decor upgrades, flowers, etc.) laid out for us as options to select so we didn't have to micro-manage in ways that we didn't want to. Everything turned out fantastically. Our room and the service at the resort was lovely and luxurious--the resort definitely made sure to make us feel special as the wedding couple/newlyweds. The ceremony set up was stunning and the ceremony ran smoothly with minimal effort on our parts so that we were able to focus on the love and emotions, not the logistics. Drinks and food were abundant and high quality during cocktail hour and dinner reception--many guests commented on how awesome the bartenders were at the open bar (included in the wedding packages). Our reception set up was gorgeous--better than we expected. Brenda was present and there were so many staff members on board helping to make things go right, all with smiling faces and warm welcome/hospitality. So many of our guests said they had an amazing time, that they loved the resort, and had never been to a more beautiful wedding. We would strongly recommend having a wedding at Sandos Playacar and would undoubtedly pick it again if we could go back and enjoy our wedding again.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Cassie · Married on 10/14/2017

Above & beyond my expectations. It was the most beautiful wedding!

Sent on 11/23/2017

Leanna · Married on 11/05/2015

In spite of the rain these folks did a fantastic job! Thank you for helping make my daughter's wedding memorable. Great job, Maria and her team!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Nicole · Married on 05/05/2018

3.5

Amazing venue. Amazing people. Extraordinary experience. The resort paid attention to our every need and wish. They worked with us on each step of the process and we really had to trust that they would bring our dreams to life; which they did and some. Could not have asked for a better experience or a more attentive staff. I would do the same wedding over again in a heart beat. When you're picking your wedding day off a piece of paper, you really have to trust that everything is going to work in the end. The entire experience was pretty stress-free and easy to do.

Sent on 05/21/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 16
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 17
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 18
  • Bonnie

Bonnie Yiu · Getting married on 04/04/2021

Amazing!

We had our wedding there this past April on the beach and had the best time with memories to last a lifetime! The resort is beautiful and our coordinator from the resort, Ruth and her team was amazing! She was communicative and helpful right from the beginning, until the day we left the resort.
    The infinity pool with the swim up bar was to die for.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Ng · Married on 02/06/2019

Beautiful resort with amazing staff

We had a beach wedding with a party of 25. It was stressful trying to plan a wedding over email but Ruth, our coordinator, was super attentive and made sure everything went smoothly for my husband and I. Months of stress and anxiety went away as soon as I saw the beautiful setup and had Ruth guide us through the procession. And this is the most beautiful beach Ive been to in a resort. Very well kept and big!

Sent on 02/26/2019
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 19

Muriel · Married on 09/08/2017

3.0

In the begining the conversation via e-mail from overseas was quite hard and you don't know what to expect. One thing I didn't have a lot was photos from Sandos and I couldn't find much online, like videos or instagram, facebook. I am really happy to share my photos for future brides. Another thing they should say from the begining is the restaurant option for the party/dinner. Playa is very hot, it is good to have an indoor option without extra charge. But after a few e-mails of stress when we arrive Marisol (our wedding cordinator ) was amazing and helped us a lot. The Mexican restaraunt for dinner was a great area to party and beautiful set up. The ceremony was so beautiful and they could do in two languages. They offered a live band but I didn't like it, luckly I found this amazing band called Silver Band and Marisol didn't charge any extra for an external vendor, which I think it is fair. Marisol and Sandos Playacar was perfect in every single way, hospitality, beach, service, hotel, restaurant. The DJ was really good too. The photos and video was good but not great, I expected more because it is very expensive. My guest were very happy with everything. My wedding was perfect and I miss it a lot.

Sent on 11/27/2017
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 26
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 27
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 28

Melissa · Married on 01/24/2017

We are two weeks back from having our wedding in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico at the beautiful Sandos Playacar Beach Resort. First off, I have NO REGRETS having had our destination wedding here! Maria & Marisol were our wedding coordinators and they were both FABULOUS! That being said, there was always a bit of a communication gap, obviously, so I would recommend using photos or even an interpreter if necessary. We really were pretty laid back with decorations and everything, but I was bummed they weren't able to do an ombre cake like I'd requested, after having been told that it was a possibility (misunderstanding on my part). Also, be aware that, just like most places, it is really easy for the extras to add up. Extra flowers, extra people, extra hours of party. We stayed pretty conservative on all that but still ended up spending probably around $100 more on flowers than we needed to. The wedding was great though! Very personal and intimate! We had our ceremony and reception in the garden area and I wouldn't have changed that for anything!!! Be aware that the ground is soft and heels will sink though! We provided our own symbolic minister (my brother) and he was a great officiant! The Sandos certificate is a very sweet reminder of the day. We paid for the Turquoise Breeze package (which includes the beach ceremony and other upgrades) and really enjoyed all the other upgrades that came along with it! Our couples' massage was nice and relaxing; the romantic dinner was super yummy (we chose Italian); I actually really enjoyed getting my hair & make-up done (I recommend taking pictures with you of what you want!) The one resort complaint I have: we were at this same resort last year in January (it's actually when/where we got engaged) and I feel like the overall resort food was better last year. It was still really good throughout the whole resort. Overall, I loved having our wedding here at the Sandos Playacar Resort! Oh! I want to add- ask about getting a photobooth!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Laura · Married on 05/12/2016

Maria was an Amazing wedding coordinador. She made my weeding so beautiful and easy. She is amazing.
    She was always available to help us with any question, and with excellent options for any difficult situation we had.
    The only thing I think Sandos Playacar should change, is the fact that you need to go to the Spa to get ready. I was expecting get ready in my room with all my braid maids, and would be more fun and relaxing.

Sent on 06/15/2016

The Sandos Playacar is a beautiful resort! Very accommodating! The wedding went flawlessly and everyone had an amazing time! I highly recommend destination for a wedding.

Juan · Married on 12/12/2014

Our wedding planner, María, was very professional in every aspect and she even went out of her way to provide us with some "extras" which were not included in our package. She, and all the staff at this resort provide you with excellent service. Great food and drinks, great beach, and great people. We couldn't have asked for more. We thank everyone at Sandos Playacar for making our dream wedding experience come true. Muchas gracias de todo corazón, y Viva México!