Sanderling Resort Reviews

Sanderling Resort 7
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Grimm · Married on 08/05/2019

Sanderling Resort Wedding Venue Recommendation

The Sanderling Resort was the BEST and dreamiest place to get married! We absolutely loved the staff and especially loved working with Debbie Norris as our wedding coordinator!! Debbie was always easy to reach, confident and organized in our planning, and focused on bringing the vision we had for our wedding day come to life. We could tell that Debbie and the Sanderling Resort have much experience serving couples and their our experience with them could not have been better. We highly recommend Sanderling Resort for your East Coast wedding!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Sanderling Resort 13
  • M &

M & K · Married on 07/30/2019

Magical Wedding!

I can't thanks enough the Sanderling Resort staff to make our most important day a great one. But most of all, Kristen Allen, our wedding planner.
    Kristen you were an absolutely amazing wedding planner! You were professional, poised and gracious at all times. Thank you so much for being there for me from start to finish, being so patient with me, and putting up with my worries phone calls, questions and last-minute changes. Our wedding was beautiful and perfect. It was the day we had always dreamed of. The flowers, decorations, the cake, and the reception were stunningly gorgeous. Thanks to you, Kris and I were able to fully enjoy our wedding day without a worry in the world! Please do not hesitate to use us as a reference for other brides and grooms looking for a wonderful wedding planner for their special day.

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Joseph

Joseph Anzalone · Married on 07/22/2019

Anzalone - Sweeney Wedding April 2019

While we weren't able to have our sons wedding at the Sanderling we did have our Rehearsal Dinner and Post Wedding Brunch there. Kimball's Kitchen was the spot we chose and what an outstanding spot it was. Although the weather wasn't what we would have liked for the Rehearsal Dinner (Mega storms) the atmosphere inside surely made up for the lack of a perfect sunset. The staff were incredible, moving around last minute changes for us. The service and food were outstanding to say the least. I have so many to thank but Kristen and the team really left a great impression on us all. We also had a Sunday brunch which was equally outstanding and all the invitee's loved it! If I have the opportunity to have my other son's wedding there I certainly wouldn't think twice about it! Joe Anzalone

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful one stop shop

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience with the Sanderling. Debbie was our wedding coordinator and made everything about our special day perfect. One of the best parts about using them as your venue is that it is a one-stop shop, so you never have to worry about running out of anything. Not to mention being able to get married on the beach and have a reception on the sound makes everything so beautiful and photogenic. Amazing food and wonderful staff made our special day perfect. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/26/2019

The Sanderling was our dream come true!

My husband and I got married at the Sanderling Resort in the Outer Banks in May, and we could not be happier with our venue. From the moment that we met Debbie, she was nothing short of amazing. She was there every step of the wedding planning journey to help us with all of our questions, and was wonderful to work with. The Sanderling is a stunning venue, and their entire staff was phenomenal throughout our wedding day and our entire stay. Our wedding day was seamless; Debbie made sure that everyone was where they needed to be, when they needed to be there, so that I could focus on our day and enjoy every moment! The Sanderling will always hold a special place in our hearts; without Debbie and her team, our dream wedding would not have been possible! Our family and friends still talk about how beautiful our ceremony and reception was, and how incredible all of the food was during the cocktail hour and dinner. Needless to say, we would highly recommend the Sanderling for your wedding day, or special event!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Sanderling Resort 18
  • Cathy

Cathy · Married on 05/25/2019

Dream Wedding!

We met in Nags Head back in 1974 and knew we wanted to get married there but did not know where to find the perfect place for our wedding. We decided to pick an elopement package at the Sanderling Resort in Duck NC and what a beautiful wedding we had! I would do it all over again if I could! Our guests are still talking about it. The Sanderling did not miss a beat! Our event planner Kristin Allen was so amazing and so professional. She helped us with every step of the planning, the vendor selections, the food, the beverages, the music, even down to bustling my dress before the reception. As the bride, she was my right hand and everything went as planned that day...on time...she did not miss a beat! We could not have been more pleased. The meal was absolutely delicious and every detail was in place. The staff was so professional and made all our guests feel welcomed. From the time all our guests checked in to the time they left it was a great experience. We cannot say enough wonderful things about the Sanderling. If you are wondering if this would be a good venue for your wedding then look no further. The Sanderling made our day one we will never forget!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Brandon

Brandon and Macaira Horner · Married on 05/24/2019

Chefs in Love

My wife had always dreamed of having a perfect beach wedding and The Sanderling Resort was the best venue to make this a reality. We looked at numerous spots along the Outer Banks and nothing came close to the beauty of The Sanderling. As the only venue on the Outer Banks with both Sound and Ocean views this offered the perfect combination for every event involved in our wedding. From the rehearsal dinner in the new event center, wedding on the beach, reception at the pavilion, numerous meals at the Lifesaving Station, and dinner at Kimball’s Kitchen, The Sanderling offered enough variety to keep us experiencing something new each night. Our title says Chefs in Love because both my wife and I are chefs. We were really nervous about finding a location that would impress us with the food, as well as impress our wedding guests, whom we knew had high expectations. Our Coordinator Kristen Allen and the food and beverage team at the Sanderling went above and beyond to curb all our fears and make sure we had enough time to taste and adjust the menu as we desired, however, the food we selected needed no adjusting. They helped create our signature drinks and gave us a wedding our families still talk about! We were so happy to be married at the Sanderling and are already planning our one year anniversary there! This place is one of a kind.

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Allen · Married on 05/19/2019

Perfect place for that special day

The Sanderling Resort was the perfect place. We planned our wedding from out of town and it was basically site unseen. Debbie was so helpful throughout the process that the event was absolutely seamless. We could not have picked a better place or had a better time! All of our guests fell in love with it too! Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 05/28/2019
    Sanderling Resort 19

Blaire · Married on 09/24/2018

Simply perfect!

As an event planner myself, I wanted to escape all of the craziness that can (sometimes) go along with a big wedding. Instead, we opted for an elopement at the Sanderling Resort. It was simply perfect!

The Sanderling had been on our radar for years, but since we lived out of state, we hadn't had the opportunity to visit the resort in person. In late June, we were in the area for another wedding and jumped on the opportunity to visit. As soon as we stepped on the property, we knew this was where we wanted to get married. Debbie took a last minute meeting request from us, squeezing us into her busy Sunday, but you would have never known. From the every beginning, Debbie made us feel special. She took all the time necessary to show us around the property and outline the available options. When we got home we started the virtual planning process with Debbie, which was a breeze thanks to her knowledge, responsiveness and attention to detail.

In the end, we have Debbie to thank for helping us pull off our special day. We wanted our day to be low key and the focus to be about spending this precious time with one another and our immediate families. Debbie totally got it! She made our dream wedding attainable, and we were able to get everything planned in less than two months. The Sanderling staff and accommodations were fabulous. All of our guests loved their mini vacation in the Outer Banks. We could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Michelle · Married on 09/06/2018

We decided to get married at the sanderling and couldn’t be happier!!! Davis Walker was wonderful to work with, and everything turned out just how we wanted it !!!!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Tiffany · Married on 08/20/2018

Our wedding at Sanderling was beautiful!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Heather · Married on 06/23/2018

After a lot of research we stumbled upon Sanderlings and could not have been happier! The wedding coordinator Davis Walker made everything so effortless and she kept us on schedule in a stress free way! The staff, service and beauty of Sanderlings made our wedding day absolutely perfect! We will definitely be back in the future!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Alainia · Married on 06/16/2018

Davis Walker is the ultimate wedding coordinator. She is reason enough to choose Sanderlings for your event venue. We had a short timeline and ever varying factors, but Davis handled it all perfectly! She is extremely responsive and genuinely cares about your event. She is knowledgeable, creative, and dedicated to making your event the way you want it. Thank you, Davis! Our wedding was truly beautiful, intimate, and easy because of your service! In addition, Sanderling's has a great view and friendly service. I would highly recommend it for your beach wedding!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

Davis and all of the Sanderling staff truly went above and beyond to make our dream wedding a reality. With a pending thunderstorm threatening to change our plans, the staff seamlessly moved up our ceremony time so that we could still have the ceremony we always hoped for. They provided a list of excellent local vendors to work with and made sure the big day was everything we envisioned.

Sent on 06/06/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/01/2018

There are not enough words to describe how perfect our wedding day was thanks to Davis Walker (our coordinator) and the team at Sanderling! We started our planning process over a year prior to our wedding day and Davis was so patient, honest and professional throughout. Once we were finally able to meet in person, we knew that we were able to trust her with everything! She infused so much fun into our planning process and made it stress-free. On our actual day, we didn't worry about a thing; she seamlessly worked with each of our vendors to ensure our day flowed well and our guests (and the two of us) were taken care of! We could not have chosen better. Thank you so much to Davis and the Sanderling! We will be back for our anniversaries!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Kayleigh · Married on 05/27/2018

As soon as my husband and I visited the Sanderling Resort and met with Davis Walker, the catering sales manager and wedding coordinator, we knew it would be perfect for our small wedding. We chose the elopement package at the Event House deck and had our ceremony on the beach. With this package, Davis made everything very easy and contracted out our officiant, florist, and baker. Despite only having less than two months to plan everything, the day was absolutely flawless and this was all thanks to Davis and all of the amazing staff at the Sanderling Resort. We wanted an easy and low stress planning process and I don't believe we would have gotten this anywhere else.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Kelsey · Married on 05/19/2018

Davis Walker at the Sanderling Resort made our fairytale wedding into a reality. We had a 140-person wedding reception in the Pavilion and even with last-minute guest list changes, vendor adjustments, and skirting a thunderstorm, our day went off without a hitch. Throughout our planning year, Davis was available for any and all questions we had, helped us choose vendors, and guided us through all the many traditions and norms wedding planning entails. She really got to know us and our families and we felt special even though the Sanderling handles many weddings every single week. I couldn't have picked a better venue or coordinator if I had a billion-dollar budget!

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Sanderling Resort 28
    Sanderling Resort 29
  • plangalCG

C · Married on 05/17/2018

Words can't express how absolutely pleased I was with my wedding at the Sanderling. I had begun planning a wedding in my area, but was feeling very overwhelmed by the cost, options, logistics, and general craziness that every bride and groom experiences. One late night, on a whim while feeling this overwhelm, I googled "Outer Banks elopement packages," and the Sanderling's weekday elopement packages was the first link. I immediately could see that I liked it. My then fiance and I visited the Sanderling a few weeks later while visiting the Outer Banks and I was hooked. We met with Davis, who is the sweetest and best wedding coordinator EVER! My husband said "I could see the stress melt away as she talked." The planning process was easy and stress free. I loved how organized and detailed Davis was. It really gave me confidence that everything would turn out well. In the week leading up to leaving for the wedding, I was a stress case. But, when I got to the Sanderling, all of that melted away. We met with Davis to go over plans, including alternate wedding set up since the forecast called for rain, and she stayed in touch to answer questions, even with other weddings to take care of. People talk about the wedding day being hectic and stressful. Mine was carefree and truly the best day ever. We woke up and had breakfast, and then my husband went to have his groom pampering at the spa while I had a coffee on the deck overlooking the ocean. I went back to the room to have my hair and makeup done, along with snacks I ordered for me and the ladies. We decided to set up the decor inside, because of the forecast, but ended up able to have our beach ceremony. Everything was gorgeous, and the food was terrific! Everyone said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. We had one hiccup with the anniversary tier of our cake going missing, but that was a minor thing. Thanks to Davis and the Sanderling for giving me a wedding to remember!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Ananda · Married on 04/14/2018

I can't say enough good things about Sanderling Resort and our coordinator, Davis Walker. Our wedding was flawless and it was because of all her hard work and professionalism that made it pay off! We had the best time and I would highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Sanderling Resort 30
    Sanderling Resort 31
    Sanderling Resort 32
  • Sasha

Sasha · Married on 04/12/2018

Everything was perfect! The day does fly by so fast and this place has it down to a science and will guide you every step of the way. The site is beautiful, coordinators are wonderful, and food is delicious! Many compliments from guests.

Sent on 04/28/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 04/06/2018

Amazing experience! So accommodating and easy to work with. Great food, beautiful location! Would not change a thing about our wedding day or any of the process leading up to it!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Sanderling Resort's reply:

Thank you for trusting us with your most special day.

Ashley · Married on 12/02/2017

Thanks to The Sanderling I had my DREAM wedding this past December. Everything was absolutely beautiful and perfect. I knew from the moment that I toured The Sanderling that it was where I wanted to get married. Everyone that I worked with was a true professional. They had some turnover with coordinators which worried me at first but it ended up working out perfectly and I wouldn't change a thing. They held an event in the Spring for all of the couples that were getting married that year and it was a blast! Thank you to The Sanderling for making my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Karen · Married on 10/07/2017

I was a guest at a wedding at the Sanderling Resort this weekend, but in my real life I am a wedding planner. So, I know the importance of detail, hospitality and sense of urgency. Debbie, the wedding coordinator, is all that. I ran into a problem setting up the Chuppah (something the bridal family asked me to do) and set on a quest to find the wedding coordinator. I started at the front desk. They were all the sweetest and when I told them I had a "sort of" emergency pertaining to the wedding, they immediately called Debbie on her cell phone and 5 minutes later, we were meeting. In a matter of minutes, Debbie helped me solve a problem that was not even hers. When I asked for help, no explanation needed, she just went right into action and in the end, the ceremony looked beautiful. As the wedding progressed from the beautiful ceremony on the beach to the reception room with the most beautiful sunset, Debbie was always there. I kept seeing her out of the corner of my eye helping the bride, managing the staff and the DJ all while moving the reception right along so nothing was forgotten. They say the highest praise you can get is from another professional in your industry, well if I could give Debbie a 10, I would. Thanks again Debbie, any bride is lucky to have you in their corner!! When ever I have the opportunity, I will definitely recommend your services!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Jamey · Married on 10/06/2017

Our experience with Debbie from Sanderling was amazing. She is attentive and my wedding couldn’t have gone any better. She really took care of everything.

Sent on 10/13/2017