Sanderling Resort Reviews

Sanderling Resort 6
Sanderling Resort 7

Blaire · Married on 09/24/2018

Simply perfect!

As an event planner myself, I wanted to escape all of the craziness that can (sometimes) go along with a big wedding. Instead, we opted for an elopement at the Sanderling Resort. It was simply perfect!

The Sanderling had been on our radar for years, but since we lived out of state, we hadn't had the opportunity to visit the resort in person. In late June, we were in the area for another wedding and jumped on the opportunity to visit. As soon as we stepped on the property, we knew this was where we wanted to get married. Debbie took a last minute meeting request from us, squeezing us into her busy Sunday, but you would have never known. From the every beginning, Debbie made us feel special. She took all the time necessary to show us around the property and outline the available options. When we got home we started the virtual planning process with Debbie, which was a breeze thanks to her knowledge, responsiveness and attention to detail.

In the end, we have Debbie to thank for helping us pull off our special day. We wanted our day to be low key and the focus to be about spending this precious time with one another and our immediate families. Debbie totally got it! She made our dream wedding attainable, and we were able to get everything planned in less than two months. The Sanderling staff and accommodations were fabulous. All of our guests loved their mini vacation in the Outer Banks. We could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Michelle · Married on 09/06/2018

We decided to get married at the sanderling and couldn’t be happier!!! Davis Walker was wonderful to work with, and everything turned out just how we wanted it !!!!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Tiffany · Married on 08/20/2018

Our wedding at Sanderling was beautiful!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Heather · Married on 06/23/2018

After a lot of research we stumbled upon Sanderlings and could not have been happier! The wedding coordinator Davis Walker made everything so effortless and she kept us on schedule in a stress free way! The staff, service and beauty of Sanderlings made our wedding day absolutely perfect! We will definitely be back in the future!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Alainia · Married on 06/16/2018

Davis Walker is the ultimate wedding coordinator. She is reason enough to choose Sanderlings for your event venue. We had a short timeline and ever varying factors, but Davis handled it all perfectly! She is extremely responsive and genuinely cares about your event. She is knowledgeable, creative, and dedicated to making your event the way you want it. Thank you, Davis! Our wedding was truly beautiful, intimate, and easy because of your service! In addition, Sanderling's has a great view and friendly service. I would highly recommend it for your beach wedding!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

Davis and all of the Sanderling staff truly went above and beyond to make our dream wedding a reality. With a pending thunderstorm threatening to change our plans, the staff seamlessly moved up our ceremony time so that we could still have the ceremony we always hoped for. They provided a list of excellent local vendors to work with and made sure the big day was everything we envisioned.

Sent on 06/06/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/01/2018

There are not enough words to describe how perfect our wedding day was thanks to Davis Walker (our coordinator) and the team at Sanderling! We started our planning process over a year prior to our wedding day and Davis was so patient, honest and professional throughout. Once we were finally able to meet in person, we knew that we were able to trust her with everything! She infused so much fun into our planning process and made it stress-free. On our actual day, we didn't worry about a thing; she seamlessly worked with each of our vendors to ensure our day flowed well and our guests (and the two of us) were taken care of! We could not have chosen better. Thank you so much to Davis and the Sanderling! We will be back for our anniversaries!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Kayleigh · Married on 05/27/2018

As soon as my husband and I visited the Sanderling Resort and met with Davis Walker, the catering sales manager and wedding coordinator, we knew it would be perfect for our small wedding. We chose the elopement package at the Event House deck and had our ceremony on the beach. With this package, Davis made everything very easy and contracted out our officiant, florist, and baker. Despite only having less than two months to plan everything, the day was absolutely flawless and this was all thanks to Davis and all of the amazing staff at the Sanderling Resort. We wanted an easy and low stress planning process and I don't believe we would have gotten this anywhere else.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Kelsey · Married on 05/19/2018

Davis Walker at the Sanderling Resort made our fairytale wedding into a reality. We had a 140-person wedding reception in the Pavilion and even with last-minute guest list changes, vendor adjustments, and skirting a thunderstorm, our day went off without a hitch. Throughout our planning year, Davis was available for any and all questions we had, helped us choose vendors, and guided us through all the many traditions and norms wedding planning entails. She really got to know us and our families and we felt special even though the Sanderling handles many weddings every single week. I couldn't have picked a better venue or coordinator if I had a billion-dollar budget!

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Sanderling Resort 16
    Sanderling Resort 17
  • plangalCG

C · Married on 05/17/2018

Words can't express how absolutely pleased I was with my wedding at the Sanderling. I had begun planning a wedding in my area, but was feeling very overwhelmed by the cost, options, logistics, and general craziness that every bride and groom experiences. One late night, on a whim while feeling this overwhelm, I googled "Outer Banks elopement packages," and the Sanderling's weekday elopement packages was the first link. I immediately could see that I liked it. My then fiance and I visited the Sanderling a few weeks later while visiting the Outer Banks and I was hooked. We met with Davis, who is the sweetest and best wedding coordinator EVER! My husband said "I could see the stress melt away as she talked." The planning process was easy and stress free. I loved how organized and detailed Davis was. It really gave me confidence that everything would turn out well. In the week leading up to leaving for the wedding, I was a stress case. But, when I got to the Sanderling, all of that melted away. We met with Davis to go over plans, including alternate wedding set up since the forecast called for rain, and she stayed in touch to answer questions, even with other weddings to take care of. People talk about the wedding day being hectic and stressful. Mine was carefree and truly the best day ever. We woke up and had breakfast, and then my husband went to have his groom pampering at the spa while I had a coffee on the deck overlooking the ocean. I went back to the room to have my hair and makeup done, along with snacks I ordered for me and the ladies. We decided to set up the decor inside, because of the forecast, but ended up able to have our beach ceremony. Everything was gorgeous, and the food was terrific! Everyone said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. We had one hiccup with the anniversary tier of our cake going missing, but that was a minor thing. Thanks to Davis and the Sanderling for giving me a wedding to remember!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Ananda · Married on 04/14/2018

I can't say enough good things about Sanderling Resort and our coordinator, Davis Walker. Our wedding was flawless and it was because of all her hard work and professionalism that made it pay off! We had the best time and I would highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Sanderling Resort 18
    Sanderling Resort 19
    Sanderling Resort 20
  • Sasha

Sasha · Married on 04/12/2018

Everything was perfect! The day does fly by so fast and this place has it down to a science and will guide you every step of the way. The site is beautiful, coordinators are wonderful, and food is delicious! Many compliments from guests.

Sent on 04/28/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 04/06/2018

Amazing experience! So accommodating and easy to work with. Great food, beautiful location! Would not change a thing about our wedding day or any of the process leading up to it!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Sanderling Resort's reply:

Thank you for trusting us with your most special day.

Ashley · Married on 12/02/2017

Thanks to The Sanderling I had my DREAM wedding this past December. Everything was absolutely beautiful and perfect. I knew from the moment that I toured The Sanderling that it was where I wanted to get married. Everyone that I worked with was a true professional. They had some turnover with coordinators which worried me at first but it ended up working out perfectly and I wouldn't change a thing. They held an event in the Spring for all of the couples that were getting married that year and it was a blast! Thank you to The Sanderling for making my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Karen · Married on 10/07/2017

I was a guest at a wedding at the Sanderling Resort this weekend, but in my real life I am a wedding planner. So, I know the importance of detail, hospitality and sense of urgency. Debbie, the wedding coordinator, is all that. I ran into a problem setting up the Chuppah (something the bridal family asked me to do) and set on a quest to find the wedding coordinator. I started at the front desk. They were all the sweetest and when I told them I had a "sort of" emergency pertaining to the wedding, they immediately called Debbie on her cell phone and 5 minutes later, we were meeting. In a matter of minutes, Debbie helped me solve a problem that was not even hers. When I asked for help, no explanation needed, she just went right into action and in the end, the ceremony looked beautiful. As the wedding progressed from the beautiful ceremony on the beach to the reception room with the most beautiful sunset, Debbie was always there. I kept seeing her out of the corner of my eye helping the bride, managing the staff and the DJ all while moving the reception right along so nothing was forgotten. They say the highest praise you can get is from another professional in your industry, well if I could give Debbie a 10, I would. Thanks again Debbie, any bride is lucky to have you in their corner!! When ever I have the opportunity, I will definitely recommend your services!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Jamey · Married on 10/06/2017

Our experience with Debbie from Sanderling was amazing. She is attentive and my wedding couldn’t have gone any better. She really took care of everything.

Sent on 10/13/2017

J · Married on 09/30/2017

Our experience getting married at Sanderling exceeded expectations. Debbie, our planner, was very flexible with us and agreed to take us on when our previous planner had left for another opportunity. We were so lucky to get to work with her as she has so much experience and expertise in wedding planning at the Sanderling and paid attention to every detail. She was also extremely responsive, and willing to meet with us as our schedule allowed; we were planning our wedding from Washington, DC so being flexible was very helpful. The Sanderling also helped us with all of our external vendors. At the end of the day, it was so wonderful to know that Debbie would take care of everything, and she ensured the day went off without any issues. The Sanderling is also a beautiful venue and having access to the ocean side for the ceremony and sound side for the reception cannot be beat.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Betty · Married on 09/23/2017

The Sanderling was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding. Davis Walker, our wedding coordinator, was thorough, professional and a pleasure to work with. She accommodated us and yet also offered suggestions on other alternatives. Her advice was perfect. The Sanderling chef worked with us and our guests have not stopped raving about the food. The Staff in all aspects of the resort - reservations, the spa, etc. were all very professional. Our guests all had a very memorable weekend and we cannot recommend the Sanderling enough.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Casey · Married on 09/21/2017

The Sanderling was the perfect destination wedding venue. Davis pulled everything together and our wedding day exceeded our expectations! Our guests are still commenting on how great the dinner and desserts were.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

When we decided to host our destination wedding at The Sanderling, we had already fallen in love with its beautiful decor. Over the past 8 months, we have visited twice and exchanged countless emails and phone calls with Taylor, Kristen and Davis, our wedding planners. When we arrived last Wednesday, we felt confident that our guests would fall in love with the resort as much as we had. Although weather required we move our ceremony indoors, we were able to use Keepers Loft, which was beautiful. The cocktail hour and reception was hosted inside the Event House, and could not have been prettier. The food was amazing, literally every single guest commented on how good everything was and how they were so full! The staff at Sanderling was so kind, compassionate, helpful and congratulatory they made our event and entire stay perfect. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Michele · Married on 07/18/2017

The Sanderling is top notch. Not only a beautiful resort, but the staff was amazing. My wedding planner Davis was fantastic. She worked her magic alongside her assistant Kristen and helped me plan the most perfect wedding. The venue is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and the service you receive is unmatched. You will notice that the Sanderling is a bit pricey compared to other options on the Outer Banks, but there is a reason why. I felt extremely taken care of and I wowed all of my guests which is a tough crowd to impress. This was a destination wedding and I'm from New Jersey, so I had to make the 9 hour drive worthwhile for everyone. I am still receiving compliments about how awesome our wedding was. So unique and a true reflection of us as a couple. That's the magic of Davis and Kristen - they didn't steer me wrong and made all my wishes come true.

We had our ceremony on the observation deck and the photos were PERFECT! Our first look was on one of the boat docks and it was just amazing. We took bridal party photos on the beach as well. Another great feature of the Sanderling is that they have multiple venues and you can really customize your day. Can't decide between a beach ceremony and sunset photos on the sound? The Sanderling has both! It is as easy as crossing the street to get the other shots. Your guests will be impressed and well taken care of. Plus, there's a bar open late which is a great spot for an after party. You won't regret choosing the Sanderling!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Tracey · Married on 06/20/2017

Debbie did such an outstanding job with our wedding. Even though it rained on our day, she made the day wonderful. She waited until the last possible minute to move our wedding inside and make it such a beautiful day. Debbie helped us from day one with booking everything for the day. I would highly recommend the Sanderling and Debbie.

Sent on 11/01/2017
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/04/2017

I didn't lift a finger!

Where to begin with The Sanderling?! When we got engaged, my husband and I knew two things for sure: he wanted to get married on the Outer Banks and I wanted small and simple. We booked The Sanderling sight unseen (gasp, I know) from Detroit 6 months out. We based our decision entirely on online reviews and customer service over phone/email. It was the best decision. They connected us with the best vendors and made everything so, so easy. The only thing I worried about was the weather, and our coordinator (Kristen) was so sweet, she'd start our planning calls with "sunshine thoughts." It was a beautiful day in every way - the staff made us and our guests feel like VIPs the duration of our trip. The resort itself is gorgeous, the food was AMAZING. 100/10 stars all the way.

Sent on 02/06/2019
    Sanderling Resort 21
    Sanderling Resort 22

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2017

We had our small wedding at the Sanderling Resort on a Thursday evening booking their elopement package for the event house. We worked with Debbie as our wedding coordinator and can not say enough good things about her! We were planning from far away for this destination wedding and she made everything so easy on us. We had our perfect wedding because she was there to help us make it happen. She made sure to keep any stress should could off of us, which I really appreciated.
    Our ceremony was on the upper deck over looking the ocean, which was perfect for our 37 guests to all fit on top of together. The cocktail hour and reception were outside of the event house. I loved this space because we had so many different areas for our guests to enjoy themselves. We had a dance floor, fire pit with s'mores, cornhole, large jenga, and a bar with beer canoe.
    Having a destination wedding has its challenges, but the Sanderling Resort made it very easy for us. Our guests had the most amazing time and we had the wedding we dreamed of. We can't wait to spend anniversaries at the Sanderling!

Sent on 06/08/2017