172 Reviews for Sanderling Resort

Liquor License (2)
House Liquor (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)
Family Style (1)

After a lot of research we stumbled upon Sanderlings and could not have been happier! The wedding coordinator Davis Walker made everything so effortless and she kept us on schedule in a stress free way! The staff, service and beauty of Sanderlings made our wedding day absolutely perfect! We will definitely be back in the future!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/23/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Davis Walker is the ultimate wedding coordinator. She is reason enough to choose Sanderlings for your event venue. We had a short timeline and ever varying factors, but Davis handled it all perfectly! She is extremely responsive and genuinely cares about your event. She is knowledgeable, creative, and dedicated to making your event the way you want it. Thank you, Davis! Our wedding was truly beautiful, intimate, and easy because of your service! In addition, Sanderling's has a great view and friendly service. I would highly recommend it for your beach wedding!

Profile Picture Alainia, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Davis and all of the Sanderling staff truly went above and beyond to make our dream wedding a reality. With a pending thunderstorm threatening to change our plans, the staff seamlessly moved up our ceremony time so that we could still have the ceremony we always hoped for. They provided a list of excellent local vendors to work with and made sure the big day was everything we envisioned.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough words to describe how perfect our wedding day was thanks to Davis Walker (our coordinator) and the team at Sanderling! We started our planning process over a year prior to our wedding day and Davis was so patient, honest and professional throughout. Once we were finally able to meet in person, we knew that we were able to trust her with everything! She infused so much fun into our planning process and made it stress-free. On our actual day, we didn't worry about a thing; she seamlessly worked with each of our vendors to ensure our day flowed well and our guests (and the two of us) were taken care of! We could not have chosen better. Thank you so much to Davis and the Sanderling! We will be back for our anniversaries!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/1/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

As soon as my husband and I visited the Sanderling Resort and met with Davis Walker, the catering sales manager and wedding coordinator, we knew it would be perfect for our small wedding. We chose the elopement package at the Event House deck and had our ceremony on the beach. With this package, Davis made everything very easy and contracted out our officiant, florist, and baker. Despite only having less than two months to plan everything, the day was absolutely flawless and this was all thanks to Davis and all of the amazing staff at the Sanderling Resort. We wanted an easy and low stress planning process and I don't believe we would have gotten this anywhere else.

Profile Picture Kayleigh, 5/27/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Davis Walker at the Sanderling Resort made our fairytale wedding into a reality. We had a 140-person wedding reception in the Pavilion and even with last-minute guest list changes, vendor adjustments, and skirting a thunderstorm, our day went off without a hitch. Throughout our planning year, Davis was available for any and all questions we had, helped us choose vendors, and guided us through all the many traditions and norms wedding planning entails. She really got to know us and our families and we felt special even though the Sanderling handles many weddings every single week. I couldn't have picked a better venue or coordinator if I had a billion-dollar budget!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Words can't express how absolutely pleased I was with my wedding at the Sanderling. I had begun planning a wedding in my area, but was feeling very overwhelmed by the cost, options, logistics, and general craziness that every bride and groom experiences. One late night, on a whim while feeling this overwhelm, I googled "Outer Banks elopement packages," and the Sanderling's weekday elopement packages was the first link. I immediately could see that I liked it. My then fiance and I visited the Sanderling a few weeks later while visiting the Outer Banks and I was hooked. We met with Davis, who is the sweetest and best wedding coordinator EVER! My husband said "I could see the stress melt away as she talked." The planning process was easy and stress free. I loved how organized and detailed Davis was. It really gave me confidence that everything would turn out well. In the week leading up to leaving for the wedding, I was a stress case. But, when I got to the Sanderling, all of that melted away. We met with Davis to go over plans, including alternate wedding set up since the forecast called for rain, and she stayed in touch to answer questions, even with other weddings to take care of. People talk about the wedding day being hectic and stressful. Mine was carefree and truly the best day ever. We woke up and had breakfast, and then my husband went to have his groom pampering at the spa while I had a coffee on the deck overlooking the ocean. I went back to the room to have my hair and makeup done, along with snacks I ordered for me and the ladies. We decided to set up the decor inside, because of the forecast, but ended up able to have our beach ceremony. Everything was gorgeous, and the food was terrific! Everyone said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. We had one hiccup with the anniversary tier of our cake going missing, but that was a minor thing. Thanks to Davis and the Sanderling for giving me a wedding to remember!

Profile Picture C, 5/17/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

You CANNOT and WILL NOT go wrong with the Sanderling Resort as your wedding venue! During the planning process, my husband and I decided on a whim to check out Outer Banks for our destination style wedding (we live in NH). As we checked out various wedding venues, we narrowed our options down to four. To be honest, Sanderling was added as our "eh, we'll check it out because we love what we see, but we don't know if it's in a budget".

Sanderling was our second appointment. The first was a fail - the "coordinator" couldn't give us the time of day. We felt a tad discouraged, but excited to see the remaining three. We instantly fell in love with Sanderling. We met with Debbie and knew we were in the right place. She answered all our questions (even the ones we didn't know we had). We still visited the other two, but neither met the expectations that were set by Debbie. That afternoon, we went right back and told Debbie we wanted to book our date and that she was the reason why. No lie. Debbie is amazing.

To sum it up, our day was on 5.11.18 and it was absolutely amazing. We had our wedding at the Event House with 50 guests. Everything was seamless (including the planning process over the year) all because of Debbie and her team. The best compliment was I heard from MANY of our guests that 1) it was the best wedding they've been to and 2) the food was the best wedding food they've ever had (stations).

Overall, I have absolutely zero regrets with bumping our budget up a tad for the wedding of our dreams at Sanderling. Also, to add, we calculated it was worth it to have Debbie as she handled so many details, including the day-of details and timeline. She was a key detail in our amazing day and I will continue to rave about her, when asked!!

Thank you Debbie and the Sanderling Team for the best. day. ever.!!

Oh, and it's worth mentioning the resort location is PRIME area for photos - both beachside and soundside (sunrise).

Profile Picture Maranda, 5/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough good things about Sanderling Resort and our coordinator, Davis Walker. Our wedding was flawless and it was because of all her hard work and professionalism that made it pay off! We had the best time and I would highly recommend this venue!!

Profile Picture Ananda, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was perfect! The day does fly by so fast and this place has it down to a science and will guide you every step of the way. The site is beautiful, coordinators are wonderful, and food is delicious! Many compliments from guests.

Profile Picture Sasha, 4/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Amazing experience! So accommodating and easy to work with. Great food, beautiful location! Would not change a thing about our wedding day or any of the process leading up to it!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kaitlin, 4/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations

Thanks to The Sanderling I had my DREAM wedding this past December. Everything was absolutely beautiful and perfect. I knew from the moment that I toured The Sanderling that it was where I wanted to get married. Everyone that I worked with was a true professional. They had some turnover with coordinators which worried me at first but it ended up working out perfectly and I wouldn't change a thing. They held an event in the Spring for all of the couples that were getting married that year and it was a blast! Thank you to The Sanderling for making my wedding dreams come true!

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was a guest at a wedding at the Sanderling Resort this weekend, but in my real life I am a wedding planner. So, I know the importance of detail, hospitality and sense of urgency. Debbie, the wedding coordinator, is all that. I ran into a problem setting up the Chuppah (something the bridal family asked me to do) and set on a quest to find the wedding coordinator. I started at the front desk. They were all the sweetest and when I told them I had a "sort of" emergency pertaining to the wedding, they immediately called Debbie on her cell phone and 5 minutes later, we were meeting. In a matter of minutes, Debbie helped me solve a problem that was not even hers. When I asked for help, no explanation needed, she just went right into action and in the end, the ceremony looked beautiful. As the wedding progressed from the beautiful ceremony on the beach to the reception room with the most beautiful sunset, Debbie was always there. I kept seeing her out of the corner of my eye helping the bride, managing the staff and the DJ all while moving the reception right along so nothing was forgotten. They say the highest praise you can get is from another professional in your industry, well if I could give Debbie a 10, I would. Thanks again Debbie, any bride is lucky to have you in their corner!! When ever I have the opportunity, I will definitely recommend your services!!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience with Debbie from Sanderling was amazing. She is attentive and my wedding couldn’t have gone any better. She really took care of everything.

Profile Picture Jamey, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience getting married at Sanderling exceeded expectations. Debbie, our planner, was very flexible with us and agreed to take us on when our previous planner had left for another opportunity. We were so lucky to get to work with her as she has so much experience and expertise in wedding planning at the Sanderling and paid attention to every detail. She was also extremely responsive, and willing to meet with us as our schedule allowed; we were planning our wedding from Washington, DC so being flexible was very helpful. The Sanderling also helped us with all of our external vendors. At the end of the day, it was so wonderful to know that Debbie would take care of everything, and she ensured the day went off without any issues. The Sanderling is also a beautiful venue and having access to the ocean side for the ceremony and sound side for the reception cannot be beat.

Profile Picture J, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The Sanderling was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding. Davis Walker, our wedding coordinator, was thorough, professional and a pleasure to work with. She accommodated us and yet also offered suggestions on other alternatives. Her advice was perfect. The Sanderling chef worked with us and our guests have not stopped raving about the food. The Staff in all aspects of the resort - reservations, the spa, etc. were all very professional. Our guests all had a very memorable weekend and we cannot recommend the Sanderling enough.

Profile Picture Betty, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Sanderling was the perfect destination wedding venue. Davis pulled everything together and our wedding day exceeded our expectations! Our guests are still commenting on how great the dinner and desserts were.

Profile Picture Casey, 9/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we decided to host our destination wedding at The Sanderling, we had already fallen in love with its beautiful decor. Over the past 8 months, we have visited twice and exchanged countless emails and phone calls with Taylor, Kristen and Davis, our wedding planners. When we arrived last Wednesday, we felt confident that our guests would fall in love with the resort as much as we had. Although weather required we move our ceremony indoors, we were able to use Keepers Loft, which was beautiful. The cocktail hour and reception was hosted inside the Event House, and could not have been prettier. The food was amazing, literally every single guest commented on how good everything was and how they were so full! The staff at Sanderling was so kind, compassionate, helpful and congratulatory they made our event and entire stay perfect. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

The Sanderling is top notch. Not only a beautiful resort, but the staff was amazing. My wedding planner Davis was fantastic. She worked her magic alongside her assistant Kristen and helped me plan the most perfect wedding. The venue is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and the service you receive is unmatched. You will notice that the Sanderling is a bit pricey compared to other options on the Outer Banks, but there is a reason why. I felt extremely taken care of and I wowed all of my guests which is a tough crowd to impress. This was a destination wedding and I'm from New Jersey, so I had to make the 9 hour drive worthwhile for everyone. I am still receiving compliments about how awesome our wedding was. So unique and a true reflection of us as a couple. That's the magic of Davis and Kristen - they didn't steer me wrong and made all my wishes come true.

We had our ceremony on the observation deck and the photos were PERFECT! Our first look was on one of the boat docks and it was just amazing. We took bridal party photos on the beach as well. Another great feature of the Sanderling is that they have multiple venues and you can really customize your day. Can't decide between a beach ceremony and sunset photos on the sound? The Sanderling has both! It is as easy as crossing the street to get the other shots. Your guests will be impressed and well taken care of. Plus, there's a bar open late which is a great spot for an after party. You won't regret choosing the Sanderling!

Profile Picture Michele, 7/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Debbie did such an outstanding job with our wedding. Even though it rained on our day, she made the day wonderful. She waited until the last possible minute to move our wedding inside and make it such a beautiful day. Debbie helped us from day one with booking everything for the day. I would highly recommend the Sanderling and Debbie.

Profile Picture Tracey, 6/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our small wedding at the Sanderling Resort on a Thursday evening booking their elopement package for the event house. We worked with Debbie as our wedding coordinator and can not say enough good things about her! We were planning from far away for this destination wedding and she made everything so easy on us. We had our perfect wedding because she was there to help us make it happen. She made sure to keep any stress should could off of us, which I really appreciated.
Our ceremony was on the upper deck over looking the ocean, which was perfect for our 37 guests to all fit on top of together. The cocktail hour and reception were outside of the event house. I loved this space because we had so many different areas for our guests to enjoy themselves. We had a dance floor, fire pit with s'mores, cornhole, large jenga, and a bar with beer canoe.
Having a destination wedding has its challenges, but the Sanderling Resort made it very easy for us. Our guests had the most amazing time and we had the wedding we dreamed of. We can't wait to spend anniversaries at the Sanderling!

Photos
Photo for Sanderling Resort Review - Brunch items at the Sanderling Spa getting ready
Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound

The Sanderling Resort provided the perfect venue for our daughter’s wedding. They also had the perfect setting for the rehearsal dinner. Led by Debbie Taylor , she and her staff ,beautifully coordinated with the vendors to make weekend that all the guests said it was the best wedding ever!

Profile Picture Marshall, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Sanderling Resort goes above and beyond on everything. From the moment we toured the venue, we knew this was the place to get married. Everyone is incredibly friendly, courteous, and knowledgable. With its views of the Sound and the Ocean, you cannot get a better location. Before our wedding, I would have written a 5-star review about the Sanderling and gush about its impressive qualities. However, it's what happened during our wedding that has made me a life-long loyal guest. We got married during Hurricane Matthew. The week leading up to the wedding was tortuous as we awaited what would happen to the wedding we had planned for two-and-a-half years. It was excruciating. Yet, Taylor and the Sanderling staff never wavered in their positivity. We knew we were in extremely capable hands. The wedding was beautiful and everything went smoothly, even if the plans abruptly changed. The Sanderling knows what it's doing. You can trust them and let them take the lead--even during a Hurricane.

Profile Picture Kellie, 10/8/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Linens

Debbie Norris (wedding coordinator) and the staff of The Sanderling Resort were incredible during planning as well as the actual events associated with my daughter's dream wedding. They worked diligently throughout, were an absolute pleasure to deal with, and, quite honestly, worked miracles making her beach wedding happen in spite of Hurricane Matthew! It was an amazing experience. Family and friends are still talking about how wonderful The Sanderling Resort is, and how this wedding was the best one ever attended. I wouldn't change a thing. Best memories ever...

Profile Picture Jodi, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning