29 Reviews for Sand Lapse

High-Def Video (1)
Multi. Cameras (1)
Raw Footage (1)
DVD (1)

Doug made our day and video so beautiful, couldn’t imagine having anyone else! Truly the best to work with. Such great work!

Profile Picture Monica, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Doug was great to work with and we are SO happy with our beautiful video! He was so accommodating, extremely patient (as I was extremely pick with the song) and seemed genuinely happy to work with us on. His prices are so reasonable and you will absolutely get your money’s worth when you hire him!

Profile Picture Bianca , 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Working with Doug has been an incredible experience. This by far was the best investment we made on our wedding! Doug was extremely responsive, very easy to work with, and the final product was just incredible. We are over the moon with his work. If you need a videographer there is seriously no one better out there!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I absolutely loved working with Doug!! He was so patient and flexible with my big Portuguese wedding! The video captured all the great thing that happened that day. It was even better than we expected. Tony and I are truly greatful for the excellent job Doug produced! Thank you again Doug!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Full Feature Video, Highlight Video, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Digital Download, Storytelling

I cannot say enough great things about Doug! My wedding video is absolutely amazing! He was so nice and got along with everyone. He stopped at Starbucks on the way to meeting me and got my bridesmaid who was a new mom operating on no sleep coffee!! Talk about making a great first impression!! If I could do it again I would hire Doug 1000 times over!! Any Bride getting married I would definitely recommend booking Doug! You will NOT be disappointed! Thank you again Doug for being so amazing and for my wonderful video!!

Profile Picture Diana, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

We first met Doug at a Wedding Show in San Diego. What captured our interest at first was his style of videography which is different from what you typically see. We decided shortly after to book Sandlapse and we couldn't be happier with our experience. Doug was a great communicator and answered our questions immediately and listened to all of our requests regarding what we wanted out of a video. He was quick to share other couple's videos as well so we could get more of an idea of what he does and it made us get even more amped for our day and our video. Doug was professional and arrived on time and traveled to 2 locations, where we got ready and our venue. He was polite and respectful asking us to do certain things and working alongside our photographer which is so important. When we received our video, my family gathered around and we instantly were in love as it took us back in time to our day and to the emotions we felt throughout. Thank you Doug for capturing our most special day. We are so happy with the result and can't stop watching it!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Doug is simply the best at what he does! We were instantly impressed with his responsiveness and attentiveness before our wedding, which is saying a lot since we booked a year in advance! Any time I had a request or question, he was there to accommodate or answer. On our wedding day he showed up with a big smile on his face and ready to get to work. He knew all of the shots he needed and wanted before hand so there was never a moment where we were sitting around asking "what next?". The absolute best moment was when he gathered us and our family at our reception to show us the same day edit of our day. We were all so excited to see what he put together. It was great for the guests to see what the day leading up to "I do" looked like. When we received our fully edited video, we were ecstatic. It completely crushed any expectations we had. We are so happy to have found Doug and will recommend him to anyone! Thank you, Doug!!

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 1/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Doug did an amazing job shooting our wedding! He was able to get great shots of the wedding and reception and he knows how to put it all together for a breathtaking highlight video.

He was there from beginning to end. We thought it was going to be hard to perform scenes for the video, but Doug guided us every step of the way for each scene and did an awesome job of making us look good! He even put together a video the same day and had it playing during the reception!

His highlight videos give you a cinematic feel and he knows how to make you look like stars! Doug's work exceeded our expectations and overall, he was great to work with. If you're looking for a videographer, we recommend you book Doug ASAP. He will not disappoint you

Profile Picture rachelle, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Words cannot express our excitement over the final product!!! Our video turned out better than we could have hoped for. It truly captures the essence of the evening - love and happiness! Five stars!!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 11/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

i wasnt sure if i was able to afford a videographer, doug worked with me and my budget.. i was beyond excited and soooo grateful.its hard when youre paying for a full wedding yourself!! he totally understood. after seeing his work it was defiantly worth every penny!!! he was my best vendor!! he makes you feel very very comfortable and is easy to work with during shooting! i couldnt even tell he was there! ill be watching this video over and over for the rest of my life, he really captured it ALL! this is something sooo priceless.... and ill hold close to my heart forever! thank you so much doug

Profile Picture nini, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Highlight Video, Cinematic, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Digital Download

Doug is a consummate professional. From the pre-wedding consultation and quote to the prompt arrival on wedding day and masterful use of lighting, venue, decor, rings, wedding party, dressing rooms, and guests, Doug exuded warmth and made us feel at ease on one of our most nervous days. He is both technically skilled and adept at maneuvering through the sometimes chaotic activity of a wedding to capture the best, most poignant moments of your day. Doug and his team worked seamlessly with the photography team we hired for our wedding despite having to share and divide the time with the wedding party amongst themselves. He even put together a same day edit of our video as part of our package for us to watch which blew us away and impressed all of our guests. It was totally worth it! Even the venue staff which have organized hundreds of weddings were so impressed by Doug that they made him a preferred vendor. We heard many many compliments for him from our guests.

After the wedding, Doug followed up with us so we could pick a song to go with the final full length version of the video. He gave us a variety of songs to pick from that he thought matched our personalities and our wedding atmosphere. We're a busy couple and delayed the selection but Doug remembered to follow up with us again and made sure we would get the right song. After creating the final edit Doug delivered us the video with several options for download and sharing.

Our video made us both teary-eyed as we felt like we were reliving that happiest of days. We have watched it together many times and will continue to do so over the years. When our friends and family saw it they reacted similarly and have watched it just as many times as we have. I can't believe how wonderfully it all came together. He truly captured everything beautiful about that day!

Thank you so very much, Doug, from the bottom of our hearts,
Brian and Sandra Koski

Profile Picture Brian, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

My husband and I were on the fence about hiring a videographer during the planning process, but decided to book one and found Doug about 2 months before. He responds quickly and is flexible. We were even able to add on drone footage a couple weeks before the big day. He was willing to work with our coordinators and the photographers. We really enjoyed his cinematic style and believe he is priced appropriately.

Profile Picture Aileen, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

Very good quality videographer who was easy and professional to work with.

Profile Picture User5647614, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Sand Lapse made the day so memorable. They were able to get the shots that would contribute to the quality of the video without being in the way or intrusive. We hardly noticed they were there. And the finished product! So beautiful, and artistic! We were so pleased with the service we received, we've chosen to book them for another daughters wedding June 2018!
Keep up the good work, Doug!

Profile Picture MARALYN, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Professional. Organized. Creative. Visionary. These are just a few adjectives that describe Doug and the Sand Lapse team. We knew after our first meeting with Doug we had found our videographer! Just after a couple of minutes, we were entrenched in discussing all kinds of crazy ideas from drone shots to epic slow motion, superhero style entrances. At times I couldn't tell if I was talking to a movie director or a wedding videographer! I literally had to pull my husband and him away as I think they could have talked all night if they could. Doug is an incredible ball of energy and full of great ideas that not only took away some stress from planning our wedding but actually made it fun and enjoyable! I trusted Doug's judgment and felt confident he would listen to our needs and execute what we had asked. Words literally cannot express how fortunate we are to have this piece of art that we will cherish forever. Not only is his style unique and creative, but he is a storyteller that makes you want to watch your wedding video again and again. All our guests at our wedding were also blown away by his same day edited highlight clip that was played at the reception. If you are looking for someone who is meticulous, pays attention to details, captures the vibe of your unique wedding, and has plenty of creativity then look no further than Sand Lapse! Thank you Doug for all your hard work, passion, & dedication! We would give 10 stars if we could!

Brad & Charlene

Profile Picture Charlene, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Doug at Sandlapse was our videographer for our Wedding. Even before seeing any of the content or videos, we had so much fun with Doug during our 3 main events for our wedding weekend! He was very easy going and a lot of fun to work with. He worked through the long days for our traditional Hindu wedding which had a 4 hour Sangeet (music night) the night before & a 5am start the following morning for the wedding which went on close to midnight that day with the reception. He was a trooper and had such great energy throughout! Before even seeing any of his work, we had a good feeling about how it was going to turn out just based on his passion, ideas and positive attitude. We honestly didn’t even notice him taking a lot of the videos until we saw the same day edit at the wedding reception. We were in awe and both of us as well as our guests loved it! We just got our wedding highlight video which was simply AMAZING! Nothing but compliments from everyone that has seen it. We would highly recommend Doug as he will not disappoint! After seeing the highlight video, we cannot wait to see his magic with the feature film and the rest of the contents. We have officially labeled him our family videographer so we will definitely be working with Doug and his team in the near future!

Profile Picture Milin, 7/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

I don't even know where to begin with.. my husband and I are so happy with our video! We are beyond pleased with Doug's work. We highly recommend him to shoot any special event, his work was beyond our expectations, and price was very reasonable. So glad we got the opportunity to have him as our videographer, can't thank him enough for capturing all the beautiful moments of our special day!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Working with Doug was such a natural and enjoyable part of our wedding day. He had such a great demeanor and blended right in with our guests. But the video he created was anything but ordinary...it was absolutely enchanting!! We never could have imagined that a video could capture the love, emotion, and magic that we felt in such a beautiful way. His creativity is unmatched- we are so grateful to have this everlasting memory!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

I don't even know what to say that hasn't already been said! Doug is literally amazing! His work is amazing! It speaks for itself! As a bride, you can't watch one of Doug's wedding videos without immediately deciding that you need to have him take a video of the best day of your life! His videos are so beautiful and personal that you feel like you were there and you know the couple. I met Doug when he did my sister's wedding. My now husband and I decided before we were even engaged that no matter what, Doug would be at our wedding! And sure enough, I booked him two days after I got the ring!
The day of the wedding, everyone felt comfortable with Doug dancing around us gracefully as we got ready. He worked well with all of our venders! Everyone I spoke with enjoyed his presence and talked about how they couldn't wait to see the finished product. And to their surprise, we all were able to see highlights of the day at the reception. The video is beautiful! And I'm so glad that I have something to share with my family that wasn't there and my future children that perfectly captures how magical our day really was!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

All I can say is that Doug is absolutely AMAZING! from the moment we met, he was so patient with us and I just could see the passion in his eyes. I, along with my whole family that attended my wedding was blown away at the same day edit he created for us! So so AMAZING!
I'm so glad I was able to connect with him through a friend of mine. I love it!
Vegas and baseball wedding is awesome!
Alexis & Jonathan KEAO

Profile Picture alexis, 3/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST! One day I was browsing on Facebook and I came across a friend of mines wedding video that Doug made. I was blown away! You can sense every emotion of joy, excitement & love from his videos. I don't even think I was engaged when I saw that video but once it was time for me to start planning a wedding I remembered him. Doug was very professional, easy going & knows what he wants. He exceeded my expectations with our wedding video! He captures the heart ?? I love it. It was a once in a lifetime day I get to keep forever because of him.

Profile Picture Alyce, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Where do I even begin??! DOUG IS THE BEST!!
The process was so easy •• Doug was very responsive from the very beginning. He came to our rehearsal, wedding day & even our trash the dress shoot the day after. Our video came out AMAZING & everyone loved him. He makes you feel super comfortable while alleviating any potential awkwardness. I have recommended him to all my friends and I would do the same for you! End your videography search because Doug is the answer!

Here is the link to our video:

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

When I was planning my wedding I debated whether or not I needed a videographer. It was an item that I saw as "if we have the budget for it after everything, we will. If not, we won't" but once I saw doug's work none of that mattered. I knew I had to have him do my wedding! From the moment I initially emailed him, to the meeting we had, all the way to the wedding day he was very attentive to our needs and organized. He made my entire wedding party and my husband and I feel so comfortable, and the video was so much more beautiful than I could have imagined it! Every single detail that we didn't even know we needed captured was included. I will treasure our video forever

Profile Picture Yared, 9/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, Storytelling, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Raw Footage, DVD, Digital Download

I cannot begin to explain how grateful we are for the amazing work Doug did on our wedding video!!! Doug will make you smile and laugh, he makes you feel completely comfortable even with a camera in your face! He really focused on the details that were important to us and we could tell he was passionate about getting each shot just right. He is so friendly, professional and a blast to have around on our big day... Doug captured the most amazing moments, every emotion and told the story of our day perfectly! We will forever cherish the memories! Hiring a videographer is one of the best investments you can make for your wedding day.. having this video forever is a blessing! I would do it all over in a heartbeat just to see what else he can do!

Profile Picture Carrie, 9/19/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography

I can't begin to describe how amazed I am with Doug's work. He did video for my wedding on 09/13/15 and me, my husband, and all of our guests were blown away when he did same day edit and played a loop of everything he's recorded so far on a screen at our reception!!!
There's not a special moment that day that he missed with his camera. Every laugh, smile, and tear he captured. What makes his work so special is he didn't have us pose or fake anything, he captured raw emotion, candid shots, and all the happy moments that we will watch years later down the road and re-live our special day again.
To anyone who's married can understand that you spend so much time planning your wedding to be perfect, but when it happens, your wedding day is a complete blur.
If you're contemplating getting a videographer, don't even think twice!!!! Absolutely do it and only hire the best, Doug.
It was truly the best gift we could have gotten ourselves. He's extremely talented and we are SO lucky we found him to be our videographer.

Profile Picture Darina, 9/13/15, 2 Reviews