San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport Reviews

10 | San Mateo, CA

10 Reviews for San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport

Sejal · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect Venue for Indian Weddings

The San Mateo Marriott (“SMM”) was the absolute perfect venue for our big fat Indian wedding. The SMM has hosted many Indian weddings, so they know what they are doing. The entire venue (now remodeled!) is gorgeous, with an outdoor set-up, and huge indoor ballrooms that fit large parties. They have a built in mandap in their courtyard, and multiple ballrooms, so you don’t have to spend money building a mandap, and you never have to worry about turning over a ballroom as you move from one event to another. Most, if not all, Bay Area vendors have done a wedding at this venue, so they know the lay of the land, and know what to do to help make your special day perfect. Lastly, hosting a large event here is incredibly reasonably priced, and the staff does everything in their power to work within your set budget.

What stood out to us the most was the staff at the San Mateo Marriott. Each staff member we worked with was incredibly responsive and professional, and worked with us to make sure our event would fit within our desired budget, without having to compromise too much. They made helpful suggestions and recommendations, which are based on their previous experiences hosting Indian weddings. There were no surprises, or no last minute "gotchas". During our event, the staff looked after us like we were one of their own. For example, noticing that I hadn't been eating too much because of stress, they quickly whipped up a fruit smoothie, which was so thoughtful! We really felt loved by our staff, and loved how excited they were for our special day.

We worked most closely with Jewel and Kristen. They are the dream team, and we could not have asked for better people to work with us, or be part of our special day. They were responsive, and so incredibly organized. To them, and the entire staff, you aren’t just a client, but you are truly treated like friends, if not family. For the ten months we spent planning, Jewel and Kristen made it a point to keep us stress free, and also helped us fine tune minor details that we had overlooked. We are so grateful for them!

The San Mateo Marriott is not to be overlooked when researching venues. Our guests loved the comfort of staying at the hotel, with the newly remodeled rooms, and the close proximity to SFO. We loved the San Mateo Marriott and thank the entire staff for being part of our wedding weekend!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Natalie · Married on 08/12/2018

Great flexible venue

We were having a Jewish wedding, and more than a few places in the bay area straight up told us they couldn’t accommodate a kosher caterer. The San Mateo Marriott figured out how to get us chairs to be lifted in, set up the outside inside spaces to accommodate whether, gave us tons of available pre-ceremony and post ceremony space, and were basically amazing. Given their venue is just a hotel literally off 101, it’s pretty shocking how beautiful space actually is. Especially if you’re not looking to hire a planner, the next best thing is hiring staff that does this all the time.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Two years later and I am still speechless when I think about the way the Marriott executed my wedding. Yvette and Kristine are a dream team.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Anita · Married on 04/04/2015

San Mateo Marriott has a beautiful courtyard which accommodated over 200 guests for our wedding ceremony. The staff members are a delight to work with in planning or ceremony and cocktail hour. They also worked with my many demands in allowing my outside vendors in decorations. They accommodated our every needs and made our day a breeze.

They were excellent to work with in booking my bridal loft which was beautiful and spacious. We were able to hold our traditional tea ceremony with over 20 people in the room.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Deborah · Married on 09/12/2009

I couldn't haven been happier with the service I recieved from Nicole, the Social Catering Manager. She was always upbeat and responsive. I had question after question and she was very responsive wether it was via e-mail or reutring a phone call back to me. When we met to go over details, she was always happy to help and suggested ideas when I was confused about what to do. It was a pleasure to have worked with her. This is such a perfect and beautiful venue. Check it out!!!!

Sent on 09/30/2009

Nicole · Married on 10/04/2008

The coordination with the staff members and vendors made our event run flawlessly. It was such an amazing day for us, and we had absolutely no worries knowing that the San Mateo Marriott staff were so available to help us with anything we needed. Our friends and family continue to talk about what a wonderful wedding we had and the beautiful venue we chose to hold this special event.

We would absolutely recommend holding any type of an event at the San Mateo Marriott, as you and the entire San Mateo Marriott staff showed the utmost professionalism and dedication to making our event one that we would remember for a lifetime.

Sent on 09/26/2013
  • Zari

Zari S Akramy · Married on 12/28/2019

Jewel was great!

We had a hard time looking for a venue that met our needs. Jewel was helping us and tried her best to get us the best. Although we did not end up with this venue, I would definitely recommend it to others looking for a venue with great energy.

Sent on 02/12/2019

Dana · Married on 05/29/2011

3.5
      3.5

I picked San Mateo Marriott because it gave me the flexibility of an indoor/outdoor wedding. With the crazy San Francisco Bay Area weather, you never know when the rain will come down, or if the fog is so heavy that it feels like it's raining. I was fortunate, because I did get the outdoor wedding that I wanted on a not-too-hot sunny day! We had our wedding at the Gazebo area, and it provided us with great pictures! The staff is easy to work with. We communicated by email most of the time.
    The only negative point was the price. I didn't mind the price for the venue because they set everything up for you. The cost for catered light appetizers and non-alcoholic drinks was pricey! We were told by our first coordinator (no longer working there) that the only way we can reserve the venue on that day (holiday weekend) was that we had to also cater it with food. I was told that there was a risk of not getting the venue if we didn't have food. So we got the food because the date worked out with our evening venue.

Sent on 07/20/2011

Erica · Married on 11/05/2016

3.0
      3.0
      0.5

We had our Wedding on November 5, 2016. I want to start off this review stating that the staff I worked with was amazing, Kristine our coordinator was very responsive with all my wedding questions . We were very happy with the event itself; however we were very unhappy with the Marriott having two events on the same floor…. The Marriot did warn us that were going to have two events but kept assuring us the other party would stay in their room and we would only see them in the bathroom or the balcony. However that was not the case….
    - The other event interrupted our cocktail hour for their grand entrance. My brother in laws girlfriend saw them around our bar area so I wasn’t sure if they drank anything from our open bar area. The other party sort of took over our cocktail hour towards the end and our guests were uneasy with the extra guest around. My mom had to stop entertaining guest during cocktail hour and had to stand guard of our gift table just in case someone tried taking our gifts.
    - The other party CRASHED our Wedding. The Marriott said that never happens but my mom saw two girls from the other party dancing in our dance floor. And I saw two guys that didn’t belong to our party with yellow risk bands with Drinks in their hands. These people could have helped themselves to our open bar. The Banquet Director even told us they had to kick people out of wedding that didn’t belong.
    - Lastly what pissed us off the most is a drunk person from another party actually kick our dog while he was walking out of the venue to go home. Actually caused a small bruise to our dog.
    I understand that the Marriott could have not have known that this would happen BUT they could have prevented it by NOT having another event on the same floor. I would not recommend anyone having an event there especially a wedding unless you know you have the whole upstairs to yourself.

Sent on 01/12/2017
  • I

Ivonne · Married on 03/23/2017

1.0

Although it appears that they were not the right venue for me, Yvette, the social catering manager did not have the decency to email me back. She had me answer all the questions for nothing. Thoroughly dissapointed! If you really want to use this space you'll have to hound the manager unless you are the right client ($$$)

Sent on 02/15/2017