San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Reviews

30 | San Juan, PR

30 Reviews for San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Katala S. · Married on 12/31/2019

Exceptional Service - Wedding Day Bliss

I was very nervous planning my wedding from Chicago and not physically being there to meet with the staff. They more than exceeded my expectations. The staff was so accommodating. Definitely worth it. The area is perfect walking distance to everything.

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • April

April B. · Married on 04/19/2019

Amazing wedding location

The entire staff is amazing. They are friendly and professional. The entire staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Shonda · Married on 03/16/2019

The perfect wedding team

Planning perfected on every level.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Jonae · Married on 11/10/2018

Have your wedding here!

I can't stress enough that this was the perfect venue to host our wedding. Alexandra, the events coordinator, is AMAZING. SO helpful, patient, understanding. We were making changes up until 2 days before the wedding and they didn't even flinch, just accommodated the best they could. The staff is outstanding. We chose to have our wedding on the terrace, beautiful backdrop and view of the ocean.
    You will have to hire an outside decorator but everything else is outstanding. Condado is the perfect location, walking distance to almost everything.

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Carmen Laboy & Robert

Carmen L. · Married on 08/16/2018

My husband and I had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at this hotel August 16, 2018 as a destination wedding. Needless to say everything was phenomenal. We had selected the taste of Puerto Rico for the menu a the food was delicious. Everyone complemented us on the food. I also loved the decor around the food it made the theme really stick out. ☺ Many thanks to Alexandra she was so helpful and accommodating even to the last moment and extremely patient through the entire year of planning. Unfortunately, my ceremony was outdoors and it rained but she made it all possible to get me a beautiful space as close to outdoors as possible. It was a fairytale. I wish I had another event to plan in Puerto Rico the The Marriott Stellaris resort would definitely be our first choice. We recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning an event.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Monica · Married on 08/04/2018

I had my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception here on August 4th 2018. I can not even explain that it has exceeded more than my hopes of what my wedding day would be! I worked with Alexandra Mercado for most of the planning process and she was absolutely amazing! She was prompt with every email and answered all of my questions. The best part of all was the day of my wedding I actually was relaxed and happy. I did not have one second of stress because in the back round Alexandra coordinated all of my vendors for me. She was so sweet to us for the beginning to end. I just cant thank her enough. Overall this hotel had the most amazing staff. Everyday anyone who we spoke to was so accommodating and professional, but most of all kind. This was told to me from all of guest who stayed there. All I hear about now is when are we going back! I am talking about from the bellman to front desk to wait staff. My husband favorite was Rita she worked on the poolside. She was so kind to our sons and her and my husband were like buddies for the week. He even invited her to the wedding. She was so professional that she wouldn't go, but we would have loved it. Hahaha.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Marilyn · Married on 03/11/2017

Our Wedding was spectacular and the San Juan Marriott Resort made everything perfect. We used Alfredo Valentine from Couture Bridal Photography for our Wedding Photography, who was the icing on the cake. Our guests loved the resort and ease of getting around with everything just foot steps away. Alfredo from Couture Bridal Photography spent the day after our wedding going to all the best sites around San Juan and the island for the most amazing pictures for our album. I completely recommend the San Juan Marriott Resort for any wedding in Puerto Rico and Couture Bridal Photography the #1 Wedding Photographer in Puerto Rico, who suggested we host our Wedding at the San Juan Marriott Resort when we started planning our wedding day a year ago!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Auvian · Married on 09/17/2016

We contracted San Juan Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino in September 2015 for our destination wedding in September 2016. The resort was our venue for three separate events over three days: Welcome Reception (Friday), Ceremony/Reception (Saturday) and Brunch (Sunday). We visited the site together (bride & groom) during March 2016. It was then we met Roxy (social sales manager) and Erick (senior event manager) to view the event locations, rooms, and food tasting. It was extremely difficult to decide on a menu for our three events because everything was magnificent. Both Roxy and Erick were extremely accommodating during our five day visit and answered all of our questions to our satisfaction. Erick worked closely with us and our guests for the room block. He provided consistent updates as requested on the status of our room block.
    On the week of our wedding, we arrived on Wednesday prior to the wedding. There was some confusion on the room type for the bridal suite, and we were immediately upgraded to the Vice Presidential Suite on the Penthouse floor without any additional charges! Erick made sure to upgrade our VIP guests (parents, bridal party, etc) rooms to oceanfront or ocean view rooms. The front desk staff distributed our welcome bags to our guests as they checked in free of charge! On our wedding day, the groom’s room and the bride’s room were provided with birthday balloons and another cheese platter (note: the bride and groom share the same birthday and now wedding anniversary). Roxy worked seamlessly with our wedding planner to make our day exceedingly special. During the reception, guests commented on how delicious the food tasted. The welcome reception and brunch were no exception. Our friends kept asking how we managed to put together such an amazing wedding weekend and it was largely due to Roxy, Erick and the entire Marriott staff who provided exceptional customer service all year long. We can't wait to visit the Marriott again!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 10/23/2015

We booked the Marriott about a year and a half before our October 2015 wedding, and the wedding team actually changed within the first 6 months of the planning process. The Marriott didn't immediately notify us of the change, but, after sending a few emails, we were introduced to our new contact Rose Ann. Rose Ann and our wedding planner, Rosalina Torres, worked closely throughout the whole process to ensure that everything went incredibly smoothly. My mom and I were able to visit the Marriott about four months before our wedding, and we immediately loved Rose Ann! She was incredibly accommodating and friendly, and she went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. During the wedding week, Rose Ann always made a point to find us and see how we were doing. Most of our guests had never been to Puerto Rico, and the Marriott went far beyond their expectations. The entire staff was warm, welcoming, and attentive. The hotel itself has fantastic facilities including a great beach and pool. It's close to convenient places like Starbucks and CVS, and it's a 10-15 minute cab ride from Old San Juan. For the wedding itself, we were very happy with the cocktail hour area, terrace, and ballroom used for our reception. It is fairly typical of a hotel space, but the grand chandeliers and ocean front terrace made it a fantastic space for our event. Perhaps the best surprise was how phenomenal the food was! I expected basic hotel food, but the Marriott had a huge array of both traditional and Puerto Rican cuisine that our guests loved! We also received endless comments about how well-cooked and prepared everything was. Finally, we have to give a shout out to Sammie, our personal waiter, and the bartender who worked our event! They were both rockstars who kept up with the busy pace the entire night. I would absolutely recommend the Marriott to anyone looking to have a destination wedding in Puerto Rico!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Marissa · Married on 03/14/2015

My husband and I had our ceremony and cocktail hour at this location and I must say we were blown away with how amazing the Marriott staff made our stay! Roxy was absolutely amazing and did everything she good to make our day special. She was extremely responsive, she always got back to me in a timely manner. Which was great because the person I was working with before did not make communication easy at all. I am over the moon happy that she ended up being our event coordinator. She welcomed us and our four children when we arrived at the hotel and set up food and drinks for us at a private table and went through every detail with me to make sure our ceremony was correct. There was some confusion with our room situation and our flowers but she made sure it was all figured out with as little headache as possible. She kept in constant contact with us the day of the ceremony. And even arranged taxi service for our family to get to Old San Juan for our reception. Our beach wedding was flawless! This a beautiful property and every one was extremely accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel and Roxy for planning any event!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Tania · Married on 06/29/2013

The San Juan Marriott Stellaris was not only our Ceremony and Reception Venue, but they also deserve a review for their catering that had excellent food and great service from the staff. Their chef, Jose Jarra, whom we got to meet during our food tasting is brilliant and takes great pride in his work. We couldn't have been happier with the appetizers, soup, salad, and entree selected for our guests, very pleased with the quality, presentation, and above all great taste.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Jessica · Married on 02/23/2013

The marriott is such an elegant place to have your wedding. we are very please to have made our wedding day memories there. Susana Mendoza and Alia were very helpful and flexable to what we wanted.
    thank you for the great time!!

Sent on 07/11/2013
  • MrsSodaK

Soda · Married on 01/20/2013

We scheduled several appointments to view venues for our destination wedding in Puerto Rico. From our first contact with them they were helpful and willing to customize our wedding with us. Although staff changed several times throughout the process they were accommodating and went above and beyond to accommodate our requests including having our yorkie be part of our ceremony on the Condado Terrace. It was a dream setting throughout all the spaces we rented, the food was delicious and the staff were invested in making sure it all went smoothly. I can not say enough good things about the staff. I would highly recommend putting this on the top of your list of places to choose for your wedding!

Sent on 06/08/2013
  • Damaris

Damaris · Married on 07/21/2012

Our wedding was a huge success. The food, the drink, the accomodations were all great. The staff worked with us to make sure everything was just as we wanted.
    The hotel should have lifeguards on the beach and should work diligently to do so.

Sent on 08/04/2012

Rachel · Married on 04/25/2012

My husband and I were just married on the 25th of April...We live in Indiana so very far from Puerto Rico, and I felt as though the process was very smooth and I did not worry because Aaron was ALWAYS available if I needed him or had a question. I am so glad we were married in Puerto Rico by Aaron..the ceremony was beautiful and he made us all laugh! Thank you so much for everything Aaron!! Hopefully we see you again for another wedding:)

Sent on 05/01/2012
  • Natosha

Natosha · Married on 02/18/2012

We had a blast hosting our wedding at this beautiful resort. The setting was gorgeous for a beach wedding. Alia P. (our contact at the resort) was awesome in answering all of my questions and there were quite a few! And she was great in accomodating the many changes, up until the day of our wedding.

I loved that we were able to take their options and customize it to fit our budget and our needs.

Sent on 02/28/2012
  • F

Felicity · Married on 06/25/2011

This vendor was great! We had our ceremony and reception here. Our ceremony was held on the poolside deck which was very romantic and intimate. Our ceremony was held in the Atlantic room which overlooks the beach as well. It was very intimate but comfortable and romantic. Eunice helped us with all of our arrangements, Pao-Pei helped with our marriage license and both were very accomodating, accessible and helpful! I would definitely recommend this place for a destination wedding.

Sent on 07/05/2011
  • Cbear0623

Cindy · Married on 06/23/2011

We were very impressed by the San Juan Marriot Stellaris and Casino. Our ceremony was held on Condado Beach at sunset. The reception was poolside at the hotel. Our guests enjoyed their dinner while cooling off to the light beach breeze. If you choose to have your wedding at the Marriot please please request Eunice Vargas (eunice.vargas@marriothotels.com)as your event planner. My dream day would not have come true without her guidance, advice, and daily support. Eunice is aware that every bride is on a budget and wilk def work with you to come up with ways to save money. Eunice was on point the day of the wedding making sure everything was perfect and ensuring tasks were being done on time. Eunice is very attentive to detail. For example, right before i walked towards the beach to be married she whispered,"Remember to hold your flowers at your waist." She wanted to make sure that the photos would look perfect. Eunice will make sure that you leave San Juan a happy bride!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Meghan · Married on 02/19/2011

I cannot say enough good things about the San Juan Marriott! We got off to a rocky start with a bad wedding coordinator. However, the Marriott realized she was not doing her job and they more then made up for it. They upgraded us to a Presidential suite and provided additional flowers and decorations for our reception- which looked amazing! The day of my wedding included several surprises (nothing to do with the Marriott) and the staff helped to resolve all issues quickly without any guests realizing. The food was excellent- not what you would expect from a hotel. The area is great- plenty of stuff to do for your guests. On top of everything, my father got sick after the wedding and had to be taken to the hospital. The Marriott sent security guards with us to translate and provided in room doctor care during his recovery at their cost.

Sent on 02/23/2011

Angel · Married on 12/26/2010

The owners and staff at San Juan Marriot were superb! They were extremely helpful, professional and truly a joy to work with. Our reception was just as we hoped it would be! I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a catered reception in a beautiful and elegant environment. Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Kristen · Married on 04/30/2010

My husband and I were married at the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino in April 2010. It was a destination wedding, so our 60 guests stayed here, as well. Each and every guest absolutely loved the hotel. We worked with Susanna Mendoza in their event planning department. She was an absolute joy to work with. She did everything she could to make us happy and was very responsive to our inquiries for the entire year leading up to our ceremony. We did not have our reception here, but we did have a Newleywed brunch in one of their banquet rooms (which overlook the ocean!) and everything ran smoothly. Strongly recommended.

Sent on 05/20/2010

We had a wonderful stay at the Resort. The staff went above and beyond to make our wedding and our honeymoon great. The day of the wedding they sent us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We had a small wedding (8 + bride & groom). When it was time for the wedding one of their event staff made sure that no one interfered, including having the beach staff stop collecting chairs so they wouldn't be making noice or be in the background. It was the extra touches that made our stay awesome. I highly recommend the San Juan Marriott Resort for a wedding venue.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 07/03/2013

The food was excellent!!!!!! The wedding coordinator Pao-Pei was fantastic!!!!! She made everything perfect and took care of all my needs!!! The beach ceremony was absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Nataly · Married on 06/23/2015

3.0

We had a great time spending a week at the Marriott during our destination wedding. Roxy was a big help, however I had 3 different coordinators over the course of 10 months. It all turned out beautifully and very cost effective. My guests were very impressed.

Sent on 09/22/2015