54 Reviews for San Antonio Botanical Garden

Uncovered Outdoor (7)
Parking (4)
Covered Outdoor (2)
Scenic Views (2)
Preferred Vendors Only (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)
47 San Antonio Botanical Garden Reviews

The San Antonio Botanical Gardens provided a beautiful setting for our wedding. We had the ceremony at the conservatory and the reception in the arbor area around the fountains. Our guests really enjoyed having the opportunity to walk around the gardens before and after the ceremony; many had never visited the gardens before so it was an added bonus to our guests. We chose this venue because it was where we had one of our first dates, and the price was more reasonable than others we had looked at. The event coordinator Shimeyka was very sweet and was very responsive with all my questions via email. I would definitely recommend this venue to any future brides who are wanting a garden/outdoor wedding, it's beautiful. Just be aware that you will have to use their preferred vendors because the gardens want people who are familiar with the grounds. I had no problems with any of the vendors listed, all were wonderful.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We are so pleased with this venue!! The customer service was beyond words. We live in another state and Shimeyka, the Special Events Manager, was such a delight to work with. We would recommend this place to any couple looking for a romantic and intimate setting for their wedding.

Profile Picture Etzna, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The location was absolutely amazing ... Having an outdoor wedding with flowers around us was perfect. Shemika was awsome to work with. She did anything possible to make our special day be right. I would recommend this venue to anyone . Many locations to choose from inside the garden.

Photo for San Antonio Botanical Garden Review - Wisteria Arbor
Photo for San Antonio Botanical Garden Review - Can fit about 90 people inside the arbor
Profile Picture Jesus, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was truly a pleasure working with the event coordinator from the botanical gardens. She was so easy to work with. And the price was so much cheaper than what I was thinking it would be, and you even get the security deposit of $300 back as long as there are no problems. My husband and I got married by the lake under the trees in the exact spot where he proposed. The scenery was so beautiful we didn't need to bring anything to decorate! We held our reception at the Auld house, which was perfect because guests didn't have to walk too far and it was air conditioned!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/30/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Preferred Vendors Only

We absolutely loved working with Shimekya and the entire staff at the gardens. Our night was magical and easily the most beautiful wedding I've ever attended.

Profile Picture Erica, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Perfect venue, perfect price... Dont look any further.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I highly recommend the San Antonio Botanical Garden as a wedding and reception site. It is gorgeous, and the event staff were very helpful and accommodating. The setting truly can't be beat -- the lovely flowers, the paths that lead to the event space, the bird songs and water features -- as well as the spectacular architectural and art features -- made it perfect. We used the Conservatory space for my daughter's wedding -- which has a long, terraced stairway that was perfect for the bridal party to enter (with the fanfare of a bagpiper). The ceremony itself was held in front of the pond, and the reception was held under the covered pathways which lead to glass buildings that hold cacti, orchids and ferns. I hightly recommend it!

Profile Picture User7910722, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I've always loved the SA Botanical Gardens and when trying to decide where I wanted to conduct my ceremony, I knew I wanted an outdoor venue that was picturesque. The Botanical Gardens serves as the perfect wedding spot. With all the blooms and lovely landscaping there is no need for any decorations. To be outside and in a lovely space was the perfect setting to start our journey.

Profile Picture Veronica, 10/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Covered Outdoor

We had a beautiful wedding and our guests enjoyed the gardens after our intimate ceremony. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful before the big day. It was a great place to take wedding pictures and our ceremony was just perfect!

Profile Picture User7416707, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked with San Antonio Botanical Gardens because someone we know was married there. The week after their wedding, i emailed them and got information and set up a tour for ourselves. After the tour, we decided to go ahead and book with them. From the time we took the tour to the time we had our wedding it was 7 months. Shimeyka Olivares, the special events coordinator, was always there to help us with any questions we had, and trust us, we had a lot. She always responded quickly too, which i liked. The place itself is just beautiful and so serene and peaceful. There are also so many spots to take amazing pictures. We only held our ceremony there so i cant comment on reception spots, but i am still sure those would be just as great! We got married underneath their wisteria arbor and the rental was for 2 hours, and set up the chairs and decorations ourselves. But the time frame was perfect for us. And it was the most affordable place we could find for that amount of time. We paid $365 for the rental fee and $100 for the security deposit, which you get back if you leave the venue in the same condition as started in. ( It was REAL nice to get back form our mini honeymoon to find out we had money coming our way!! )
I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone who is on a smaller budget, looking for an outdoor wedding. I cant wait to see all the pictures my photographer took!! If i could do it all over again, i wouldn't change anything.

Profile Picture Laurel, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

SABOT was an amazing location to hold my intimate ceremony. Shimeyka Olivares was very responsive and answered all my questions with a short time frame. The location photographs so well and honestly I feel like I saved so much money by picking a georgeous location. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone.

Profile Picture User5561101, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a great experience working with Shimeyka. She was very accommodating and helped us to have the wedding we dreamed of!

Profile Picture Dustin, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Plan for weather conditions so look at more than one area just in case. Ask for Sara or Priscilla they know what they're doing and are very helpful! Dont be afraid to splurge a little more for the bridal room it really comes in handy especially in the summer months since it's air conditioned.

Profile Picture Andres, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are wanting an outdoor wedding close to downtown San Antonio, this is your place. The folks over at the Botanical Gardens are so helpful and responsive. We worked primarily with Shimeyka, and she was absolutely wonderful, even reaching out to some of our venders when we needed help. You will have different location options for both ceremony and reception. We ended up having to change location on the day of the wedding because of light rain, but the gardens are so beautiful that it worked out perfectly and we were still extremely happy. We having nothing but good things to say about them!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

It was set up beautifully and we were provided the assistance we needed even when the venue was reserved on short notice.

Profile Picture User5607502, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Easy to work with. The venue was gorgeous and our wedding turned out all that we hoped for.

Profile Picture Rayven , 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue the staff was more then helpful thank you so much for making our day perfect

Profile Picture User5174615, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing location my husband and i were married in Wisteria Arbor and it was a beautiful location with the waterfalls in the background and green coverage for our guests. The botancial gardens offer so many options to take pictures that its made it hard to choose which background was better as all are amazing .The staff was very helpful and nice the day off and during rehearsal. I couldnt have asked for anything better on our wedding day.

Profile Picture User5200458, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The botanical gardens were a great location for our ceremony! The staff is helpful and professional.

Profile Picture User5162058, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was amazing and our event rental manager was very professional. I would definitely recommend this beautiful to everyone

Profile Picture Claudia, 5/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely best service! Loved the location!!

Profile Picture Nora, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff were pleasant to work with and so helpful.

Profile Picture Allison, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The event coordinator Shimeyka Olivares was so helpful throughout the process and remained very flexible as our needs changed.

Profile Picture Jackie, 3/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shiymeka was amazing! Super helpful, courteous and prompt in returning emails and phone calls. I can't say enough how easy she made everything for me!

Profile Picture Sarah, 2/7/15, 3 Reviews