San Antonio Botanical Garden Reviews

San Antonio Botanical Garden 6
San Antonio Botanical Garden 7

Emilio Moncivaiz 路 Married on 08/03/2019

Great Space Great Staff

Shimeyka, the events manager at the gardens, was extremely helpful in getting our event planned and taken care of at the Botanical Garden. We used the Discovery Classrooms for our reception and the Space was the perfect size, very clean, and perfectly set up to accommodate our guests! The Event Staff on hand was very helpful and knowledgeable of the AV systems in the Room. I will definitely look forward to our next event with SABOT

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Sylvia

Sylvia Camacho Snider 路 Married on 06/29/2019

E Texas Log cabin botanical garden

E Texas Log Cabin @ The Botanical Garden was the perfect venue for our Memorable Wedding. Rustic, cabin , the lake made for perfect photos. We highly recommend the Botanical Garden 鈾ワ笍馃槉

Sent on 07/03/2019
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 8
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 9
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 10

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Hi Sylvia! Congratulations on your wedding. You look beautiful. I am so happy for you both. Thank you for sharing a great review.
  • Courtney

Courtney Amaya 路 Married on 06/15/2019

My people loved this venue!!

I loved visiting SABOT already, so hosting my wedding reception in the conservatory there just made sense. I could not have picked a better venue!! They are so accommodating, and Shimeyka gave me resources that helped me plan the party myself (which I was so nervous to do)! Everyone loved it. All the vendors and all the guests. Even people who weren鈥檛 invited have been messaging me asking where we went! Our photos from that night are stunning. In mid June my Mom kept saying it would be too hot, but at night it was just fine. The space accommodated catering, an Airstream Bar, an LED Dance Floor, Photobooth, Video Presentation and all the works! This was in every way the most perfect venue- and will be even more fun for me to visit now!

Sent on 06/30/2019
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 11
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 12
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 13
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 14
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 15
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 16

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Hi Courtney! Thank you so much for taking the time to write an outstanding review. I really appreciate it. Your pictures are AMAZING. Thank you so much for sharing You were a breeze to work with and I wish you both all the very best.
  • Jayme

Jayme Mcdaniel 路 Married on 06/02/2019

Beautiful location with an incredible price

We had our wedding ceremony here and it was perfect! Not only was it like 70% cheaper than using a wedding venue, but it was so beautiful. There were already beautiful flowers and greenery everywhere so I did not have to worry about a florist, and we had so many gorgeous built in photo spots between the outdoor spaces and the greenhouses. The event staff were so kind and helpful and made the process painless for us. They even had a event coordinator on site for the event to help with set-up and directions so that we did not have to worry about it day-of. If you are a thrifty bride and are looking for a way to save money without sacrificing location, this is such a great spot!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 17

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank you Jayme for the kind words. We are so happy to have been part of your special day. We wish you all the very best and hope to see you at the garden again soon.
  • Jacob

Jacob Schmelz 路 Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful garden venue

The San Antonio Botanical Garden provided us with a fantastic wedding experience, one that our families and guests will never forget! After being stood up by a different vendor for a venue tour, we took to the web looking for alternatives. That's when we found the Botanical Gardens. The very same day, Shimeyka told us to come see the venue, and we were blown away. The location is stunningly beautiful, highly unique, enormous, and affordable. They have so much to offer, the possibilities are limitless. Furthermore, working with Shimeyka was fantastic as she is helpful, professional, and personable. All throughout planning and executing the wedding, this venue delivered on the promise of being LGBT friendly. My husband and I felt so welcome and supported. We are truly thankful to Shimeyka and all the staff for helping to make our dream wedding come true.

Sent on 08/25/2019

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

I cannot tell you enough how wonderful you two are. Love has no color or gender and I am in love with LOVE. I wish you both a life time of happiness. I hope to see you around the garden soon.

Brianna Luna-Moreno 路 Married on 04/20/2019

Beautiful and simple!

SA Botanical Garden was one of our top choices for venues and we鈥檙e happy we stuck with it. Our coordinator was very helpful every step of the way, including day of the wedding! The location we chose was around the general public, but everyone was very kind and respectful about clearing the area when it was time for the wedding to begin. All of the florals and even the walk to our location was beautiful in itself! In the end we were very satisfied with our decision, we would highly recommend it.

Sent on 08/25/2019

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

I am so HAPPY you had a great and memorable day. We hope to see you around the garden very soon. I wish you all the very best.

Jennifer 路 Married on 03/30/2019

Botanical Gardens = no regrets

We had our wedding at the Botanical Gardens in March 2019 and were blown away by the overall experience. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of atmosphere, scenery and overall experience. Shimeyka and the rest of the staff were nothing but helpful before and during the wedding and I couldn鈥檛 praise them enough.

Sent on 07/16/2019
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 18

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Jennifer. We are so happy we were able to make your special day memorable. We wish you all the best and hope to see you around the garden soon.

Eva 路 Married on 11/10/2018

We hosted a bridal shower in The Auld house at The Botanical Garden in May and everything was beautiful The staff is helpful and friendly. Our guests were very impressed with the whole experience. Thank you for having such a lovely place for us to share with our friends!

Sent on 06/20/2018

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank you Eva. We are honored you chose the San Antonio Botanical Garden to make your life long memories.

Samantha 路 Married on 10/20/2018

The San Antonio Botanical Gardens provided a beautiful setting for our wedding. We had the ceremony at the conservatory and the reception in the arbor area around the fountains. Our guests really enjoyed having the opportunity to walk around the gardens before and after the ceremony; many had never visited the gardens before so it was an added bonus to our guests. We chose this venue because it was where we had one of our first dates, and the price was more reasonable than others we had looked at. The event coordinator Shimeyka was very sweet and was very responsive with all my questions via email. I would definitely recommend this venue to any future brides who are wanting a garden/outdoor wedding, it's beautiful. Just be aware that you will have to use their preferred vendors because the gardens want people who are familiar with the grounds. I had no problems with any of the vendors listed, all were wonderful.

Sent on 11/13/2017

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank You Samantha for letting us be part of your special day. We wish you a life time of happiness. Don't forget to come back and visit.

Mindy 路 Married on 06/26/2018

Shimeyka's fantastic to work with! Here's an excerpt from a message I sent to the Executive Director of the San Antonio Botanical Garden:

We (along with 9 other organizations) had a wonderful intergenerational event on January 21 in the Discovery Center at the San Antonio Botanical Garden. I worked with Shimeyka Olivares, Special Events and Rentals Manager, to plan the event and wanted to let you how very pleased our organization was with the whole experience from start to finish.

The event was in planning when I took it over in August, and Shimeyka made sure I was up to speed on all aspects, and thoroughly answered my many (many) questions in a timely manner. During our site visits she gave us a great visual of how our layout would look, and was patient when we wanted to stop and measure areas or discuss additional set up ideas.

The staff she had in place the day of was equally as impressive, and the kids and seniors who attended had a really fun time. Congratulations on the Garden expansion, it鈥檚 beautiful. We鈥檝e already referred people for events, and have told them how nice it was to work with Shimeyka.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Mark 路 event on 05/27/2018

Excellent meeting room. State of the art projection system.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Linda 路 Married on 03/31/2018

The venue site was so beautiful and everything went so smoothly.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Rina 路 Married on 03/01/2018

The Gardens was a fabulous venue for our event! The staff, starting with the Event Manager Shimeyka Olivares, Chef David and day of event personnel was amazing. Their professionalism, insights, suggestions, experience and execution of our event, made our guests fall in love with the Gardens, and our event, which due to it's success that night has been turned into an annual event. I would highly recommend the venue for any occasion.

Sent on 06/26/2018
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 23
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 24
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 25

Etzna 路 Married on 11/25/2017

We are so pleased with this venue!! The customer service was beyond words. We live in another state and Shimeyka, the Special Events Manager, was such a delight to work with. We would recommend this place to any couple looking for a romantic and intimate setting for their wedding.

Sent on 12/06/2017
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 26

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure being part of your special day. We wish you and your husband a life filled with happiness.

Jesus 路 Married on 10/07/2017

The location was absolutely amazing ... Having an outdoor wedding with flowers around us was perfect. Shemika was awsome to work with. She did anything possible to make our special day be right. I would recommend this venue to anyone . Many locations to choose from inside the garden.

Sent on 12/06/2017
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 27
    San Antonio Botanical Garden 28

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank you Jesus and Zaira. It was a pleasure helping you make your dream wedding come true. We wish you a long life filled with happiness and adventure.

Elizabeth 路 Married on 07/30/2017

It was truly a pleasure working with the event coordinator from the botanical gardens. She was so easy to work with. And the price was so much cheaper than what I was thinking it would be, and you even get the security deposit of $300 back as long as there are no problems. My husband and I got married by the lake under the trees in the exact spot where he proposed. The scenery was so beautiful we didn't need to bring anything to decorate! We held our reception at the Auld house, which was perfect because guests didn't have to walk too far and it was air conditioned!

Sent on 08/13/2017

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

It was a pleasure to be part of your special day. Thank you for the kind words. We wish you all the best. Please come back to visit.

Lindsey 路 Married on 05/13/2017

Wow! This place was amazing!! We had a pretty small group about 60-70 and they all have told us how beautiful it was. We were so excited to see everything blooming and super green. Shimeyka was honestly the reason we chose the gardens. We had gone to another botanical gardens in Austin and although it was beautiful the staff seemed so rude and unhelpful! We were so excited to meet Shimeyka and so pleased with her assistant Priscilla, who took over the day of the wedding, was also so helpful! She was a rock star! I have been recommending the gardens to every new bride i meet. Seriously, amazing!

Sent on 05/17/2017

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank you so much. We are so happy your day was perfect and that the San Antonio Botanical Garden was part of it. We wish you a wonderful life together.

Erica 路 Married on 05/06/2017

We absolutely loved working with Shimekya and the entire staff at the gardens. Our night was magical and easily the most beautiful wedding I've ever attended.

Sent on 06/01/2017

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank you Erica. I loved working with you both. I am so happy you had a wonderfully memorial day.

Stephanie 路 Married on 04/01/2017

Perfect venue, perfect price... Dont look any further.

Sent on 04/16/2017

Lisa 路 Married on 03/12/2017

I highly recommend the San Antonio Botanical Garden as a wedding and reception site. It is gorgeous, and the event staff were very helpful and accommodating. The setting truly can't be beat -- the lovely flowers, the paths that lead to the event space, the bird songs and water features -- as well as the spectacular architectural and art features -- made it perfect. We used the Conservatory space for my daughter's wedding -- which has a long, terraced stairway that was perfect for the bridal party to enter (with the fanfare of a bagpiper). The ceremony itself was held in front of the pond, and the reception was held under the covered pathways which lead to glass buildings that hold cacti, orchids and ferns. I hightly recommend it!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Veronica 路 Married on 10/28/2016

I've always loved the SA Botanical Gardens and when trying to decide where I wanted to conduct my ceremony, I knew I wanted an outdoor venue that was picturesque. The Botanical Gardens serves as the perfect wedding spot. With all the blooms and lovely landscaping there is no need for any decorations. To be outside and in a lovely space was the perfect setting to start our journey.

Sent on 11/03/2016

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank you so much! I am so happy we were able to make your special day memorable. I wish you all the best.

Sofia 路 Married on 10/01/2016

We had a beautiful wedding and our guests enjoyed the gardens after our intimate ceremony. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful before the big day. It was a great place to take wedding pictures and our ceremony was just perfect!

Sent on 11/17/2016

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank you so much! I am so happy you had a wonderful experience at the garden and with our staff. I wish you all the best.

Laurel 路 Married on 09/03/2016

We booked with San Antonio Botanical Gardens because someone we know was married there. The week after their wedding, i emailed them and got information and set up a tour for ourselves. After the tour, we decided to go ahead and book with them. From the time we took the tour to the time we had our wedding it was 7 months. Shimeyka Olivares, the special events coordinator, was always there to help us with any questions we had, and trust us, we had a lot. She always responded quickly too, which i liked. The place itself is just beautiful and so serene and peaceful. There are also so many spots to take amazing pictures. We only held our ceremony there so i cant comment on reception spots, but i am still sure those would be just as great! We got married underneath their wisteria arbor and the rental was for 2 hours, and set up the chairs and decorations ourselves. But the time frame was perfect for us. And it was the most affordable place we could find for that amount of time. We paid $365 for the rental fee and $100 for the security deposit, which you get back if you leave the venue in the same condition as started in. ( It was REAL nice to get back form our mini honeymoon to find out we had money coming our way!! )
    I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone who is on a smaller budget, looking for an outdoor wedding. I cant wait to see all the pictures my photographer took!! If i could do it all over again, i wouldn't change anything.

Sent on 09/06/2016

San Antonio Botanical Garden's reply:

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure to get to know you. I am so happy we were able to make your day memorable. I wish you a life time of happiness.
  • User5561101 路 2+ years ago

SABOT was an amazing location to hold my intimate ceremony. Shimeyka Olivares was very responsive and answered all my questions with a short time frame. The location photographs so well and honestly I feel like I saved so much money by picking a georgeous location. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 04/15/2016

Dustin 路 Married on 07/16/2016

We had a great experience working with Shimeyka. She was very accommodating and helped us to have the wedding we dreamed of!

Sent on 07/25/2016