Samuel Cedars Weddings & More Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • Dayna
    Dayna Married on 09/15/2018

Absolutely beautiful

Omg Dodi was the best! Very sweet and very professional. I loved all the new things the did to samuel cedars. My wedding was so beautiful
    Jessica Married on 07/23/2016
    We absolutely loved Samuel Cedars. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and our guests were commenting the entire time. Dodi was fantastic in the entire process. She helped us figure out everything from the moment we signed our contract with her. The day of, she was awesome and helped us through every single thing. If I had to make the choice again, I would absolutely go with Samuel Cedars!
  • User2470311 2+ years ago
    We had a wonderful experience at Samuel Cedars for our October wedding. Doug and Dodi did everything they could to make it awesome and it was! They have workers who lit all the candles before the reception for us, emptied trash cans as needed, and checked on the bathrooms. We looked at a couple of other places in the Springfield area, but you cannot beat Samuel Cedars for value, customer service, location, etc. They also set up and took down all the chairs, tables, and linens, which made our job on the day of the wedding much less stressful. Very happy we chose Samuel Cedars for our wedding venue!
    Maria Married on 10/09/2015
    This was the first place we looked when we decided to have the wedding locally, and we never bothered looking anywhere else – my then-fiancé and I both fell in love with Samuel Cedars! Doug and Dodi were both great to work with – available any time we needed to have a question answered and they had everything we needed available on the big day. Monthly open houses gave me the opportunity to see the venue frequently to help plan, as well as introduced vendors that were already familiar with the venue. The building and the grounds are both so beautiful that we needed very few decorations. I would definitely recommend Samuel Cedars for weddings, and will keep them in mind for any future big events!
  • Chasity
    Chasity Married on 06/06/2015
    Dodi was wonderful to work with and was available anytime. The open houses they have each month is a wonderful time to get stuff done
  • User1972070 2+ years ago
    Best DJ ever!! I highly recommend him no matter how tight your budget is. He is affordable and keeps the reception going! He is awesome and played such a special part on our day!!
    Jordan Married on 07/26/2014
    Dodi and Doug Thomas, the owners of Samuel Cedars, have been nothing but great to work with! They are always available and willing to answer your questions.
    Samantha Married on 12/07/2013
    Doug and Dodi we fantastic to work with!! They too all the stress out of our wedding! Our wedding there was absolutely breath taking, snow and all! Doug also married us and he paid very close attention to my husband and I and made our ceremony fun and laid back just the way we wanted! Our day was perfect!
    Christina Married on 10/04/2013
    Doug and Dodi care about you from the minute they meet you and they want your day to be perfect in every way! Every time I contacted them they were very responsive and always worked with me to meet my needs. I can honestly say they went above and beyond to ease my stress and help make our wedding day perfect! We received SO many compliments on what a beautiful ceremony site we had! If you are looking for reasonable prices and owners that truly care about you and your needs/wishes/dreams, book here!
    Gretchen Married on 06/28/2013
    We had so many comments from our guests about how wonderful this venue is! Doug & Dodi were fantastic to work with and very attentive to detail!
  • User1209943 2+ years ago
    Absolutely beautiful site and VERY affordable! I could not be happier with how my wedding day turned out!
    Jenn Married on 05/19/2013
    Beautiful and an amazing group of people to work with. My experience was wonderful!
  • User881086 2+ years ago
    Doug and Dodi did a wonderful job making my day special. Their site is one of the most beautiful outdoor wedding sites I have ever seen and Dodi worked with me to make the ceremony exactly what I wanted. She was also wonderful with my young neices and nephews in directing them what to do.
    Katie Married on 04/06/2013
    Very beautiful outdoor wedding site! Loved being able to have our ceremony and reception at the same location. Doug & Dodi were great to work with. Dodi did a wonderful job helping make my day exactly what I wanted.
    Jasmine Married on 09/15/2013
    Doug and Dodi were very helpful and the place is absolutely beautiful. I love that you can bring in your own caterer, alcohol, DJ, etc. If you get a DJ, go with their house DJ Mark because he was absolutely amazing and definitely worth the money. We needed extra tables and I called Dodi in the morning and she came and got more out for us no problem. We wanted to cover the barn door with fabric and they went out and measured it for us twice (we lost the dimensions the first time). They are pretty lenient on decorations and such and were very helpful even with taking things down after the wedding.
  • User1216114 2+ years ago
    I cannot say enough positives about our experience! They made everything so easy and stayed in very good contact with us. Every month they would have an after hours event for you to come preview the place and meet other vendors. I found our caterer, cake designer, and specialty decorator through these events. Their facility was always spotless and incredibly organized. We looked long and hard and several facilities and they were by far the best price for what you get! The venue provides BEAUTIFUL photo ops, ceremony/reception all on the same property, and the DJ for ceremony is included in the cost of venue. They offer quite a few additional services for a great price. One thing I lvoed was that they had a $200 REFUNDABLE alcohol deposit. We actually had a BYOB style reception and they were fine with this. Honestly the biggest downside is you have to be out by 11pm. They are pretty picky about certain things, but, I don't blame them. The brides room is pretty small considering I had 4 bridesmaids and myself. Other than those few downsides I would say we couldn't have found a more perfect place!
  • User2006845 2+ years ago
    This venue is beautiful, and while the pricing of the side services such as $4.00 per chair cover was a little high, it was over all a great place to get married. Make sure to set aside extra money outside the base rate so you're not surprised in the end.

Samuel Cedars Weddings & More's reply:

Thanks for your review! We do strive to list all prices in the very beginning with the contact, except for rental items. With the chair covers we constantly check wirh rental companies to make sure we are below their cost. For the same chair covers and sashes, the price at companies outside of ours starts at $6 per chair and goes as high as $11. We do try our hardest to provide items at a discounted rate over our competitors.

Thanks again.