84 Reviews for Samantha Melanson Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Canvas (1)
Flush Mount (1)
81 Samantha Melanson Photography Reviews

I am honored to write this recommendation for Samantha Melanson Photography. Samantha is an amazing photographer and person. My husband and I were absolutely blown away by our wedding photos. Not only do we love them, but our family and friends can’t stop gushing about them as well! More than a few colleagues of mine have stated they were “the most beautiful wedding photos they have ever seen.” Sam captured all of the little moments that made our day so special, and she did it so beautifully. She is the definition of professional. Not only was she in communication with us every step of the way, she was front and center on the big day helping us keep our timelines intact and making sure everything ran smoothly. My husband and I have never been in front of a camera before so we were understandably nervous. Sam makes it easy and knows exactly what to say to make you feel natural and at ease. If I could do it all over again I would choose Samantha in a heartbeat. True Talent and a heart of gold.

-Lisa and Doug G.

Photos
Profile Picture Lisa, 5/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot recommend Samantha highly enough. I was lucky enough to have worked with her for my sister's wedding and knew without question that I would not be able to find a better photographer for my own wedding. She is a master at her craft - capturing the perfect blend of formal and candid shots. She captured my favorite moments of the day, and all of my wedding photos bring a huge smile to my face when I look at them now. Plus, Samantha is so flexible and sweet, making her such a pleasure to work with. At the same time, she knows how to guide and direct our large wedding party/families during the day to make sure we stayed on task and got beautiful photos. I also can't recommend the Swoon Booth enough - not only was the photo booth so much fun during the wedding, those photos are so much fun to look back at now.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kate, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Samantha was very professional and knowledgeable. The pictures we got back are absolutely beautiful!

Profile Picture Julia, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I are so happy with our wedding photos! We booked Samantha for our wedding day for 9 hours (we added an extra hour) which included a second photographer, Addie. Having two photographers was perfect; they were able to get a ton of photos of both of us getting ready and made the portrait sessions highly efficient. Samantha has an incredible eye and her light and airy photography style is absolutely stunning. We've received so many compliments so far; we really couldn't be happier with the way our photos came out!

Profile Picture Josh, 7/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We booked Samantha to shoot our engagement photos in central Massachusetts based on a friend's recommendation. We received so many compliments on our engagement photos that we decided to book Samantha for our wedding, even though its out of state and she's never been to that venue before. I know that if we had picked any other photographer, I would be stressing about it until the wedding day hoping that they would come close to the impossibly high standard that Samantha set for us. The most common compliment we received was along the lines of "I've never seen engagement pictures turn out this beautiful". She showed up promptly to shoot our engagement photos and made sure we got all the shots we wanted (even after it got pretty dark out), she responds quickly to emails, and the quality of her work is unmatched. She can provide direction when needed, but also captures plenty of candid shots and let our session kind of flow freely. Even though we felt pretty awkward at first, she put us at east with her confidence, and somehow she turned this awkward couple into a really beautiful set of engagement pictures that we'll have forever. I can't wait to see what she does for our wedding.

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Engagement Shoot

Samantha was amazing, our pictures are absolutely gorgeous and everything more than we could ever expect. She was very accommodating and responsive leading up to our big day and made sure to check in with us throughout the day as well.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter

We recently had the great pleasure of working with Samantha Melanson as she was the photographer for our daughter's wedding. The photos were in a word, amazing! Her style of photography captures the day and all the elements in such a romantic and lovely way! We couldn't have been happier with the finished product. The other wonderful thing about Samantha is that she is a joy to work with. With everything going on in the busyness of the day, she was able to capture everything, both the planned and the candid moments with perfect ease. She is a delight!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Debbie, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Samantha did an incredible job photographing our October wedding, which took place at Holy Cross and the Publick House. We found out about her when we attended another wedding that she photographed, and the photos were gorgeous. We also were interested in the photobooth she manages (Swoon Booth). We were thrilled with the results!

We met with her before our wedding (in her adorable studio) to discuss our vision, and she really delivered. On the day of the wedding, she brought a second shooter (Kendal). It was great to have the extra coverage that two photographers can provide, and that was another big reason why we went with Samantha. She took lots of detail photos of our accessories, flowers, and centerpieces, which was great.

Samantha is a super friendly, calm, and easygoing person, which really helped. Our schedule ended up getting delayed by about thirty minutes because of something out of our control, and Samantha stepped up and managed to get all of the photos we asked for even with the time crunch.

The Swoon Booth was a great addition to the night. We loved getting to see our friends and family let loose and be goofy. This is by far the best photo booth I have seen, because the lighting makes everyone look fabulous.

Overall, my husband and i were so happy to work with Samantha and her colleagues. She made the whole process really easy, and I had no problem trusting her to do her job and capture beautiful images that we will treasure forever. I cannot wait to see our album!

Thank you so much, Samantha!

Profile Picture Alison, 10/29/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

Samantha was incredible to work with from start to finish. From our first meeting, we knew that she had to be our photographer; we booked that day! She is incredibly sweet and professional. I was very nervous about having my photos taken, but Samantha put all of my fears at ease. At our engagement shoot, she was encouraging and honestly, I forgot that she was there at times!

Samantha is very detailed oriented and organized which is so important for the wedding day. We had a timetable for the wedding planned out prior to day which ensured that everything went smoothly (her second shooter Addie was great and so helpful as well). Our photos are absolutely stunning; the colors, the lighting, everything! There was a perfect balance between the shots of the details, formals, and candids. Samantha perfectly captured the emotions of the day; I feel like I relive our wedding day each time I look! I highly recommend Samantha- you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Denise, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

Amazing photographer, fabulous quality photos with an artistic eye for capturing the best moments of our wedding day! Can't say anything but positive things about Sam, she's the best!

Profile Picture Brianna, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Samantha was an amazing photographer to work with from the time we first met her to receiving our photos after the wedding. We felt like she was genuinely interested in us as a couple and spent a lot of time showing us her services and beautiful products at our initial meeting. We also had a chance to enter her "Swoon Booth" and knew that we had to have that at our wedding as well! We highly recommend having her shoot an engagement session before the wedding. Personally, I had never done a professional photo shoot before and had no idea what to expect, but Samantha's calm and pleasant demeanor kept me at ease. When it came time for the wedding, I knew what to expect and knew that her vision and perfectionism would capture the beauty & excitement of our wedding day. I also appreciated how detail-oriented she was leading up the wedding, even providing tips and suggestions to make the photos even better. We couldn't be happier with our experience with Samantha Melanson and highly recommend her to anyone considering!

Profile Picture Kitt, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Working with Samantha was a breeze, and she made the entire process from our engagement photos to wedding day as easy as can be. She is a perfectionist in all the right ways and we couldn't be happier with how our photos came out.

Profile Picture Bennett, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Samantha was an amazing photographer. She did everything I asked for and lots more. I highly recommend her to anyone I know. I wish her all the happiness and success in the world, she is perfect.

Profile Picture Corrine, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hi Samantha! We absolutely loved working with you. You were so bright and bubbly and brought great energy to both our engagement shoot and our wedding day. We loved working with you and are thrilled with the photos!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Samantha was absolutely amazing! She is professional, personable and makes you feel so comfortable. I highly recommend Samantha Melanson for your wedding photographer, she is worth every penny. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kristina, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We booked Samantha for our May 2016 wedding and we are so happy that we did! She takes BEAUTIFUL photos - she captures the right amount of lighting and doesn't over-edit. Samantha also does a great job of maintaining the right balance between detail shots, formal posed shots, and candids. Everything looks very natural. Samantha is super sweet and is so easy to work with. She helped us develop the perfect timeline for our wedding and helped us stick to it throughout the day. Samantha also got our pictures back to us extremely quickly - I know some photographers take months to get the edited photos back to the couple, but Samantha had them back to us within a month. I'd highly recommend booking with her. :)

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, One Event/Day, Digital Files

Samantha was great from start to finish... highly recommended. Puts your mind at ease for your big day...

Profile Picture User7464688, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Samantha was an absolute pleasure to work with! The pictures she took are so beautiful and exactly what we wanted when we were planning our Wedding. She was quick to respond to all of our questions and requests and we had our pictures back so quickly!

Profile Picture Julie , 4/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sam and her staff are so much fun to work with! She takes the time to get to know the couples she is working with before the wedding and even our guests had wonderful things to say about her. Our pictures are beautiful and can't thank her enough for capturing our special day.

Profile Picture Christie, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Samantha was such a help on our wedding day. She helped us put together a timeline for the day which was extremely helpful! She showed up the morning of the wedding to begin with the girls and everything was extremely comfortable. She never made anything feel awkward which you never know as you are letting someone you met once or twice photograph one of the most intimate days and moments of your life!!! I would highly recommend Samantha to all of my friends and family. we recently got our final photos back and could not be happier. She captured everything we had hoped for and did it in a very professional but friendly way!

Profile Picture Kerry-Kate & Greg, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, One Event/Day

I knew my husband and I would love Samantha from the very start. She was organized very sweet and helpful along the planning process. She provided us with suggestions, ideas for pictures during our engagement shoot as well as our wedding. We felt comfortable during the pictures and she captured us exactly how we wanted, natural and candid. Her photographs are breathtaking. For a couple who didn't consider themselves photogenic..we had a hard time choosing our favorite pictures, they were all amazing. The wedding day goes by very quickly my suggestion would be to be clear and up front with what pictures you would like taken on your wedding day.

Profile Picture User6062021, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums

If you book Samantha, you wont regret it. My husband and I spoke to 8 different photographers and Samantha was the last person we spoke to. We knew she was the one after we ended our phone call with her. She was well prepared with our initial skype meeting and she had an answer to all our questions. She's very flexible and she didnt get annoyed when I had a second one hour long skype phone call with her after our initial call.

We booked Samantha for both our engagement photos and the wedding. She did such an amazing job. My husband and I felt very awkward but when we got the pictures back you couldn't tell.

Our wedding photos came out amazing. Samantha has a very detailed form that you fill out before the big day so that both of you know exactly what you want. She made us feel super comfortable and she handled our very big Chinese family well. She doesn't try to pose us and let's us be ourselves. She's great at catching little moments and little details that you tend to miss out cause you're so busy.

After the wedding, Samantha would give us updates on the progress of our wedding. She's super sweet and sends us little surprises. It's the little things that she does that make her not just an amazing photographer but an all around great person to work with. Even though she is a little more expensive, she handles everything and you don't have to stress about anything.

Profile Picture User4705474, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs

When we began wedding planning, my husband and I knew that one of our few “must haves” was hiring a good wedding photographer. Samantha absolutely exceeded our expectations in every way.

From the very start, Samantha was sweet, professional and so fun to work with. We adore all of her photography and are so, so happy with our engagement and wedding photos. During both our engagement session and wedding she made sure we were relaxed (a tall order given how nervous I was during the engagement session!) and having fun. One of the things that I love most about our photos is that they reflect how genuinely happy we were on both days. Samantha has great insight – she had so many tips for poses and always took an extra moment to get the right shot. At the same time, she really encouraged us to try out our ideas and she made sure we got every photo we wanted.

Beyond being a fantastic artist, Samantha is clearly incredibly knowledgeable about every aspect of photography, timely and very organized. She has a plan for everything and made sure that she really understood our “vision” for the wedding and what photos we wanted her to capture. We felt so at ease, knowing that she would be well prepared for the wedding and that she would help us plan out all of the photography logistics.

One of my favorite parts of the wedding night was walking through the gardens at our venue with just my husband, Samantha and her second shooter Addie. We got some amazing shots as the sun went down and more importantly, Samantha and Addie made sure that we were laughing and having fun the whole time. It was so nice to be able to have that quiet moment and truly indicative of our wonderful experience working with Samantha. My husband and I absolutely recommend hiring Samantha for your wedding!

Profile Picture Becca, 7/17/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Samantha is one of the nicest people I've ever gotten to work with. She is also one of the most organized. The fact that she takes the best pictures my wife and I have seen is just the icing on the cake. She gave clear directions to all of us in order to take better pictures. Samantha clearly cares quite a lot about her craft. Some of my favorite pictures from the evening were right before dinner: Samantha pulled us out at sunset and got some stunning shots. Her second shooter was just as nice and professional. Overall I would whole-heartedly recommend Samantha to any couple seeking an engaging and professional artist.

Profile Picture Dylan, 7/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There are not enough words to describe how wonderful it was to work with Samantha. She was so helpful with every step of the wedding planning process. I feel so lucky that she was able to photograph our wedding with such a short time frame (3 months), and was willing to work with me on what steps to take next. From engagement photos to the day of our wedding she made us feel so comfortable and like one of her friends.

Profile Picture Leah, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files