Samantha Melanson Photography Reviews

Samantha Melanson Photography 4
Samantha Melanson Photography 5

Victoria · Married on 09/08/2018

Book her now!

I don't even know where to begin with Samantha...She is the sweetest, most genuine person we have ever met, we had so much fun working with her! Her work speaks for itself but we couldn't love our photos more. They were so unique and creative and encompassed everything we wanted to remember about our special day. She somehow managed to capture every little detail and look and special moment without us even realizing she was there. The memories that these hold and the love that explodes from every imagine is what makes her photography unique. I think what really sets her apart from others (besides her amazing talent) is that you can tell she genuinely loves what she does and that is rare! Do yourself a favor and book her!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • F

Farah · Married on 07/29/2018

Best hire for our wedding!

Samantha did an amazing job with our wedding! We had a three-day South Asian-American fusion wedding and she captured all of the decor, dancing, and special moments perfectly. Not a single important memory was missed! She is also very skilled at capturing these candid photos without being too noticeable. We have been to many other weddings and the photographer is usually far more intrusive in order to set up the shots they want, but Samantha seems to have really figured out how to avoid this problem. Also, our family and guests can get pretty photo-happy themselves, trying to take lots and lots of their own photos (frequently right next to or in front of Samantha), but she has pretty incredible skill when it comes to managing large crowds and seemingly endless patience for interruptions during photos.

Regarding our big and long celebration, each event was held at a different venue (one outside under a tent during the evening, one inside a dark tv studio, one outside during the day, and one inside a ballroom), and we absolutely loved the photos from all the events. Her photography style is very candid and natural (which was our priority with finding the right photographer). My husband and I also tend to feel awkward with picture taking but she made us feel very comfortable throughout the engagement and wedding shoots. Samantha is also so organized, she honestly made the entire wedding planning process much easier. She helped us make the schedule for the day of our wedding ceremony and reception, and she helped keep us on schedule that day. Additionally, the wedding albums she created for us and our parents were beautiful! Overall, Samantha and her assistant photographer are easy going, talented, and highly professional people. Hiring Samantha was the best vendor decision we made.

Sent on 08/11/2019

jessica · Married on 06/16/2018

We highly recommend Samantha Melanson for wedding pictures. She is just AMAZING! Her pictures are incredibly artistic and have the best quality ever. She is also super professional and flexible. If you want to get the perfect wedding photos you should contact her. You will be happy with the final product as we are! :)

Sent on 08/11/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 05/26/2018

We loved everything about working with Samantha Melanson Photography for our May 2018 wedding! Samantha is extremely talented, with a beautiful, romantic style of photography that is exactly what I wanted for our wedding photos. Samantha was easy to work with and made my husband and me feel so comfortable during both our engagement shoot and our wedding day! She is a true professional. She recommended our engagement shoot location and also knew our venue really well, so she able to suggest the best location for our first look. All of our wedding photos are gorgeous. I especially love how she captured the emotions of the day, from big moments to small details. She worked with a second photographer who was also excellent. Photographers can be hard to choose, simply because there are so many, and we couldn't be happier with our choice of Samantha Melanson Photography!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Samantha Melanson Photography's reply:

Jackie, I can not thank you enough for taking the time to write this beautiful review for me! It was such a pleasure photographing you and Seth and I am so grateful you chose me!

Lisa · Married on 05/20/2018

I am honored to write this recommendation for Samantha Melanson Photography. Samantha is an amazing photographer and person. My husband and I were absolutely blown away by our wedding photos. Not only do we love them, but our family and friends can’t stop gushing about them as well! More than a few colleagues of mine have stated they were “the most beautiful wedding photos they have ever seen.” Sam captured all of the little moments that made our day so special, and she did it so beautifully. She is the definition of professional. Not only was she in communication with us every step of the way, she was front and center on the big day helping us keep our timelines intact and making sure everything ran smoothly. My husband and I have never been in front of a camera before so we were understandably nervous. Sam makes it easy and knows exactly what to say to make you feel natural and at ease. If I could do it all over again I would choose Samantha in a heartbeat. True Talent and a heart of gold.

- Lisa and Doug G.

Samantha Melanson Photography 12
    Samantha Melanson Photography 13
    Sent on 09/28/2017

Kate · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot recommend Samantha highly enough. I was lucky enough to have worked with her for my sister's wedding and knew without question that I would not be able to find a better photographer for my own wedding. She is a master at her craft - capturing the perfect blend of formal and candid shots. She captured my favorite moments of the day, and all of my wedding photos bring a huge smile to my face when I look at them now. Plus, Samantha is so flexible and sweet, making her such a pleasure to work with. At the same time, she knows how to guide and direct our large wedding party/families during the day to make sure we stayed on task and got beautiful photos. I also can't recommend the Swoon Booth enough - not only was the photo booth so much fun during the wedding, those photos are so much fun to look back at now.

Sent on 04/27/2018

Samantha Melanson Photography's reply:

Kate, I can't thank you enough for asking me to photograph your beautiful wedding and for writing this lovely review! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Dan, and your families (again!). Thank you so much for everything! <3

Julia · Married on 09/16/2017

Samantha was very professional and knowledgeable. The pictures we got back are absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 12/16/2017

Josh · Married on 07/28/2017

My wife and I are so happy with our wedding photos! We booked Samantha for our wedding day for 9 hours (we added an extra hour) which included a second photographer, Addie. Having two photographers was perfect; they were able to get a ton of photos of both of us getting ready and made the portrait sessions highly efficient. Samantha has an incredible eye and her light and airy photography style is absolutely stunning. We've received so many compliments so far; we really couldn't be happier with the way our photos came out!

Sent on 11/24/2017
  • User5201619 · 2+ years ago

We booked Samantha to shoot our engagement photos in central Massachusetts based on a friend's recommendation. We received so many compliments on our engagement photos that we decided to book Samantha for our wedding, even though its out of state and she's never been to that venue before. I know that if we had picked any other photographer, I would be stressing about it until the wedding day hoping that they would come close to the impossibly high standard that Samantha set for us. The most common compliment we received was along the lines of "I've never seen engagement pictures turn out this beautiful". She showed up promptly to shoot our engagement photos and made sure we got all the shots we wanted (even after it got pretty dark out), she responds quickly to emails, and the quality of her work is unmatched. She can provide direction when needed, but also captures plenty of candid shots and let our session kind of flow freely. Even though we felt pretty awkward at first, she put us at east with her confidence, and somehow she turned this awkward couple into a really beautiful set of engagement pictures that we'll have forever. I can't wait to see what she does for our wedding.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Debbie · Married on 06/10/2017

We recently had the great pleasure of working with Samantha Melanson as she was the photographer for our daughter's wedding. The photos were in a word, amazing! Her style of photography captures the day and all the elements in such a romantic and lovely way! We couldn't have been happier with the finished product. The other wonderful thing about Samantha is that she is a joy to work with. With everything going on in the busyness of the day, she was able to capture everything, both the planned and the candid moments with perfect ease. She is a delight!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Samantha Melanson Photography's reply:

Debbie, it was such a pleasure working with you and your family and capturing your daughter's beautiful wedding! Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting me be a part of your day!

Alison · Married on 10/29/2016

Samantha did an incredible job photographing our October wedding, which took place at Holy Cross and the Publick House. We found out about her when we attended another wedding that she photographed, and the photos were gorgeous. We also were interested in the photobooth she manages (Swoon Booth). We were thrilled with the results!

We met with her before our wedding (in her adorable studio) to discuss our vision, and she really delivered. On the day of the wedding, she brought a second shooter (Kendal). It was great to have the extra coverage that two photographers can provide, and that was another big reason why we went with Samantha. She took lots of detail photos of our accessories, flowers, and centerpieces, which was great.

Samantha is a super friendly, calm, and easygoing person, which really helped. Our schedule ended up getting delayed by about thirty minutes because of something out of our control, and Samantha stepped up and managed to get all of the photos we asked for even with the time crunch.

The Swoon Booth was a great addition to the night. We loved getting to see our friends and family let loose and be goofy. This is by far the best photo booth I have seen, because the lighting makes everyone look fabulous.

Overall, my husband and i were so happy to work with Samantha and her colleagues. She made the whole process really easy, and I had no problem trusting her to do her job and capture beautiful images that we will treasure forever. I cannot wait to see our album!

Thank you so much, Samantha!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Denise · Married on 09/24/2016

Samantha was incredible to work with from start to finish. From our first meeting, we knew that she had to be our photographer; we booked that day! She is incredibly sweet and professional. I was very nervous about having my photos taken, but Samantha put all of my fears at ease. At our engagement shoot, she was encouraging and honestly, I forgot that she was there at times!

Samantha is very detailed oriented and organized which is so important for the wedding day. We had a timetable for the wedding planned out prior to day which ensured that everything went smoothly (her second shooter Addie was great and so helpful as well). Our photos are absolutely stunning; the colors, the lighting, everything! There was a perfect balance between the shots of the details, formals, and candids. Samantha perfectly captured the emotions of the day; I feel like I relive our wedding day each time I look! I highly recommend Samantha- you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Brianna · Married on 09/04/2016

Amazing photographer, fabulous quality photos with an artistic eye for capturing the best moments of our wedding day! Can't say anything but positive things about Sam, she's the best!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Bennett · Married on 09/03/2016

Working with Samantha was a breeze, and she made the entire process from our engagement photos to wedding day as easy as can be. She is a perfectionist in all the right ways and we couldn't be happier with how our photos came out.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Kitt · Married on 09/03/2016

Samantha was an amazing photographer to work with from the time we first met her to receiving our photos after the wedding. We felt like she was genuinely interested in us as a couple and spent a lot of time showing us her services and beautiful products at our initial meeting. We also had a chance to enter her "Swoon Booth" and knew that we had to have that at our wedding as well! We highly recommend having her shoot an engagement session before the wedding. Personally, I had never done a professional photo shoot before and had no idea what to expect, but Samantha's calm and pleasant demeanor kept me at ease. When it came time for the wedding, I knew what to expect and knew that her vision and perfectionism would capture the beauty & excitement of our wedding day. I also appreciated how detail-oriented she was leading up the wedding, even providing tips and suggestions to make the photos even better. We couldn't be happier with our experience with Samantha Melanson and highly recommend her to anyone considering!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Corrine · Married on 06/25/2016

Samantha was an amazing photographer. She did everything I asked for and lots more. I highly recommend her to anyone I know. I wish her all the happiness and success in the world, she is perfect.

Kristina · Married on 06/18/2016

Samantha was absolutely amazing! She is professional, personable and makes you feel so comfortable. I highly recommend Samantha Melanson for your wedding photographer, she is worth every penny. You won't be disappointed!

Kelly · Married on 05/21/2016

We booked Samantha for our May 2016 wedding and we are so happy that we did! She takes BEAUTIFUL photos - she captures the right amount of lighting and doesn't over-edit. Samantha also does a great job of maintaining the right balance between detail shots, formal posed shots, and candids. Everything looks very natural. Samantha is super sweet and is so easy to work with. She helped us develop the perfect timeline for our wedding and helped us stick to it throughout the day. Samantha also got our pictures back to us extremely quickly - I know some photographers take months to get the edited photos back to the couple, but Samantha had them back to us within a month. I'd highly recommend booking with her. :)

Sent on 07/22/2016

Julie · Married on 04/22/2016

Samantha was an absolute pleasure to work with! The pictures she took are so beautiful and exactly what we wanted when we were planning our Wedding. She was quick to respond to all of our questions and requests and we had our pictures back so quickly!

tim · Married on 04/22/2016

Samantha was great from start to finish... highly recommended. Puts your mind at ease for your big day...

Christie · Married on 09/12/2015

Sam and her staff are so much fun to work with! She takes the time to get to know the couples she is working with before the wedding and even our guests had wonderful things to say about her. Our pictures are beautiful and can't thank her enough for capturing our special day.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Kerry-Kate & Greg · Married on 09/05/2015

Samantha was such a help on our wedding day. She helped us put together a timeline for the day which was extremely helpful! She showed up the morning of the wedding to begin with the girls and everything was extremely comfortable. She never made anything feel awkward which you never know as you are letting someone you met once or twice photograph one of the most intimate days and moments of your life!!! I would highly recommend Samantha to all of my friends and family. we recently got our final photos back and could not be happier. She captured everything we had hoped for and did it in a very professional but friendly way!

Sent on 12/19/2015

If you book Samantha, you wont regret it. My husband and I spoke to 8 different photographers and Samantha was the last person we spoke to. We knew she was the one after we ended our phone call with her. She was well prepared with our initial skype meeting and she had an answer to all our questions. She's very flexible and she didnt get annoyed when I had a second one hour long skype phone call with her after our initial call.

We booked Samantha for both our engagement photos and the wedding. She did such an amazing job. My husband and I felt very awkward but when we got the pictures back you couldn't tell.

Our wedding photos came out amazing. Samantha has a very detailed form that you fill out before the big day so that both of you know exactly what you want. She made us feel super comfortable and she handled our very big Chinese family well. She doesn't try to pose us and let's us be ourselves. She's great at catching little moments and little details that you tend to miss out cause you're so busy.

After the wedding, Samantha would give us updates on the progress of our wedding. She's super sweet and sends us little surprises. It's the little things that she does that make her not just an amazing photographer but an all around great person to work with. Even though she is a little more expensive, she handles everything and you don't have to stress about anything.

Sent on 12/23/2015

Becca · Married on 07/17/2015

When we began wedding planning, my husband and I knew that one of our few “must haves” was hiring a good wedding photographer. Samantha absolutely exceeded our expectations in every way.

From the very start, Samantha was sweet, professional and so fun to work with. We adore all of her photography and are so, so happy with our engagement and wedding photos. During both our engagement session and wedding she made sure we were relaxed (a tall order given how nervous I was during the engagement session!) and having fun. One of the things that I love most about our photos is that they reflect how genuinely happy we were on both days. Samantha has great insight – she had so many tips for poses and always took an extra moment to get the right shot. At the same time, she really encouraged us to try out our ideas and she made sure we got every photo we wanted.

Beyond being a fantastic artist, Samantha is clearly incredibly knowledgeable about every aspect of photography, timely and very organized. She has a plan for everything and made sure that she really understood our “vision” for the wedding and what photos we wanted her to capture. We felt so at ease, knowing that she would be well prepared for the wedding and that she would help us plan out all of the photography logistics.

One of my favorite parts of the wedding night was walking through the gardens at our venue with just my husband, Samantha and her second shooter Addie. We got some amazing shots as the sun went down and more importantly, Samantha and Addie made sure that we were laughing and having fun the whole time. It was so nice to be able to have that quiet moment and truly indicative of our wonderful experience working with Samantha. My husband and I absolutely recommend hiring Samantha for your wedding!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Leah · Married on 07/10/2015

There are not enough words to describe how wonderful it was to work with Samantha. She was so helpful with every step of the wedding planning process. I feel so lucky that she was able to photograph our wedding with such a short time frame (3 months), and was willing to work with me on what steps to take next. From engagement photos to the day of our wedding she made us feel so comfortable and like one of her friends.

Sent on 12/12/2015